Loyverse POS

Free point of sale software & inventory system

Ian M.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A lot of features given the super-budget price

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

It's been very easy to use after some initial setup (which is difficult on every platform).

Pros

Loyverse is in a rare space offering a very low cost product in the POS/restaurant ops space. Even at the low price point, they offer a kitchen tablet software (alternative to a kitchen printer), a POS for taking orders, sending orders to the kitchen and running a bill. It even has inventory management with alerts when your inventory is running low. With their SumUp integration you can do everything you need for running your restaurant without having to sign any long term contracts, setting up credit card processing, etc.

Cons

Loyverse isn't a "bundled" product like a Toast or an UpServe so you'll need to get your own tablets/phones for your team to use (tablet for the kitchen, handheld devices for your servers) but that ends up saving you a LOT of money. There are a few "missing features" if you're comparing to other POS systems, namely staff management, online ordering, delivery management but these aren't concerns for a lot of businesses. For our business we ended up going with Toast for some of these missing features and the dedicated support, networking equipment, etc. but Loyverse was a very strong consideration for us. One of the key features we need as a tea house is a "forced modifier" where someone selects a package (i.e. high tea) and then needs to make some selections (which teas they want to have). This sort of workflow existed on Toast but not on Loyverse as of the time of our evaluation.

Christian nico S.

Wonderful POS App!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

I've been using the Loyverse suite in my business and it has been stellar! Highly recommended for small to medium businesses.

Cons

Only con that I can think of is that you have to purchase the app if you have more than one store. Otherwise this app is awesome!

James B.

Loyverse POS System

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

Overall for the price this app works and is a great companion to keeping inventory and having a Pos system on your device. You can scan barcodes which is kinda cool it would just be better if it could pull the item for sales info off the net I never had to use customer service so I really don’t know how they are

Pros

I have used this software for over a year now to try and keep track of inventory and have a POS system built into my phone and or tablet. It was very easy to set up although it does take some time to enter the inventory however that’s the same with any type of inventory software you use. It was easy to use and to teach other employees how to use

Cons

The thing I liked least about Loyverse POS system is when you are ringing items up for someone and say for example give the customer a discount for buying more than one item it was a little hard to complete and I had to go into the system a different way and use some finesse to get the client rang up right . Also you must be connected to WiFi to use this system and that kinda is a downside to it it ended up using a bunch of data on my cell

Souryams G.

Used and Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Great system for FREE. It may have its kinks but you can only expect so much from a free program. Oh and also, Customer Service is super responsive and helpful which made the use experience much more pleasant.

Pros

The fact that this software is free is the major selling point. It has all the features you would want as a POS system and creates a great platform for loyalty programs for your customers. The live updating stock feature is another plus and has come in handy in my multiple projects. Works great with retail and I've just begun to implement this in a cafe. It syncs of easily with my receipt printer. All this for FREE

Cons

As with other software, it can be overwhelming with the amount of features this application comes with. One of my least favorite issues was with updating the stock. I wish they had a more streamlined stock updating system. I often found myself with duplicates in my stock list which was throwing me off at the end of the month counting sales. However, this might just be a user error I have yet to sort out.

Nazlan M.

Best Mobile POS

Reviewed on 2016/09/05

The Loyverse POS system is a great mobile POS..the set up is simple and the best thing is the system is absolutely FREE..

Pros

simple & easy to set up.

Cons

1. The inventory report is not available. The entered cost was only to show how much margin we could make for each product. I'm comparing with Vendhq POS system
2. The inventory does not link with the sales. Meaning I can accidentally sell a product which was not available in my stock, hope the system can do auto detect features..we should not be able to sale any product that is not available in our store or not updated in the inventory.
3. Desktop features is not available. A desktop features is good to easily link the system with any printer and not limited to only certain thermal printer. In my business, we need to print a standard fullsize receipt/invoices.

Richard M.

Fantastic Program

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

We here at Rivera's Coffee have tried many pos programs, they all lacked one part KDS, or Table service, No reports.
Loyverse Brings every part of Point of Sale together into one smooth operation.
Rivera's Coffee has two Kitchens and Grill Area, with three Dinning Areas
Terrace, Outside, and main Dinning room.
The table service with android Tablets, no more printed menus.
from Richard and Dina.
Rivera's Coffee
Ruiz,Nayarit, Mexico

Pros

Kitchen Display
Table Service

Cons

Nothing

Kirtesh P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best POS

Reviewed on 2016/08/05

For a long time i was searching for a POS which is user friendly, liable and easy to access. Finally found it. This is the best point of sale i have found online and which is 100% free as well.

Pros

You can access online and easy to get the reports. easy to update inventory when you are still away from the property.

Cons

Haven't found any till yet as all is best

Carla F.

This is a Great App

Reviewed on 2016/08/30

so far so good, this looks fantastic, I was able to import a very large database I was using with another program. love this app, very easy to use

Pros

so easy to find the articles and love the reports

Cons

can't add clients without them installing the program? I'd love to have all my clients in the database, A lot of them don't have smartphones, or don't want to add the app

Bradley G.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Always very prompt in responding to questions and the software support and knowledge is great.

Pros

Great, free app and ideal for small businesses that want a simple but effective pos system.

Cons

Be nice to be able to offer other payment options such as pay later, account or invoice. Also an option to make deposit payments or allocate a payment to customer cart.

Rensis G.

One of a kind POS and Inventory System I've ever Used

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

I've been seeking for a POS and Inventory system that I can use without spending money on the onset, and of course, it should be functional. I'm thankful that I bumped into this one and made me feel like I found a gold mine! I really like the integration of the POS system with the monitoring of inventory. I also like the integration of the Loyverse POS app with the backoffice and Loyalty Ocean App. Helps you connect with the customers and monitor customer satisfaction! Very well thought app for today's demand for mobility and business process efficiency!

Jose P.

I'm really fascinated , it is very versatile , practical

Reviewed on 2016/07/03

It is an excellent program, I'm really fascinated , it is very versatile , practical, and this is a great application to supplement my developments

Pros

Cons

nooooooooooo

Gonzalo G.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Powerful multiplatform POS

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Free and very complete. Available at Ipad and Android, necessary for us. Possible to import product sheets easily. Would be perfect if is possible to add different sizes due we sell clothing. Keep growing!

Cons

Not possible to add sizes inside a product. Must add one product each size.

Leo P.

Just what i need!

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

Easy to use, support in many languages, we can import / export products to the database. Ver friendly interface.

Pros

Customer service is awesome!

Cons

Everthing is very well designed. No cons.

Alejandro G.

Simple AMAZING

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

This POS is very user friendly and the customer service for it is incredible, we are just setting it up right now and it has made our job so much easier!

Pros

It is free and very complete

Cons

Non so far...

Sufian S.

Very helpful POS app

Reviewed on 2016/08/27

Mostly this is the best free POS app which have complete feature. Very simple UI and very light in ram.

Pros

Complete feature in low memory usage

Cons

Categorizing in menu ordering

Gilsar V.

A Life/Time Saver

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

My wife and I run a very small canteen in the philippines I needed a solution to be able to check my sales and inventory while I was away from the store when I found Loyverse from a link it did exactly what I was looking for and more importantly it was crazy user friendly plus the customer service is great!

Sisil P.

at last something perfect.

Reviewed on 2016/05/23

this is the first app that i found perfect from every fields. It has the most easy user interface. And also very easy to maintain the item databases. at the end of the day user can find everything about the business of the day from the website. even it is easy to use.

Salah E.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

not sufficient POS

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

ease of use, flexibility, multi user across Internet, separate dashboard and instant customer support.

Cons

does not applicable with pricing scales and they didn't get me initial cost after they will transfer from free POS to Paid one .

Peck K.

Excellent app and customer support

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

Love this app! Easy to setup, easy to use, supports multi language. The online support team is amazing, giving prompt useful tips and answers, very helpful, they listen and understand users' needs. Thank you team!

Ben Q.

Amazing for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2016/12/23

The perfect app for keeping track of my sales and providing customers with what hey need! The modifiers allow me to keep track of all versions of my products as well.

Alrich T.

The Best by Far!

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

The is one of the ''cleanest'' and smoothest POS system I have ever used! Easy, and very very mobile friendly.

Aaron W.

nice

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

superb friendly simple n straight to the point.very easy to use.will recomand friends to use this apps.

Carlos N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

An excellent app! Very intuitive, clean UI and adaptable user. Recommended.

Reviewed on 2016/08/28

The app is very intuitive. Everything is easy to configure. I love it! When you start adding items, is very easy to understand how it works.

Pros

sending invoices by email is a great feature.

Cons

I can't figure out how to delete a receipt.

Raghuram K.

Very nice interface and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

Am happy with the usage of the app and queries to customer service were handled promptly

Ichiro S.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2016/05/23

Easy to use and great support! Literally with you along the way!