Showing 371 reviews of 354

Kim L.
  • Industry: Media Production

Fantastic Support & Quick Start Up

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

The exceptional Support Team has made all the difference in how we've been able to effectively use Aha! to manage projects. They REALLY do respond in a couple hours, the chat function is fantastic for quick questions, and it's very easy to schedule time to talk through more complex topics. The quality of the knowledge base, video tutorials and regularly offered trainings are the best I've experienced. Behind all that is a knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful team of Support folks.

Pros

Aha! provides a comprehensive set of tools to allow our teams to track work from an initial thought through to completion. Using Aha! we managed an extremely complex software implementation with multiple integrations and were able to track the work at varying levels of detail while always knowing status. Aha!'s My Work dashboard, assignment and commenting capabilities ensured our team members, with minimal effort, could readily identify their work, call out and address roadblocks and communicate progress. Team members who are more interested in doing the work than saying what work they did are converts to the value of Aha!, praising searchability, ease of use and a central repository for all the critical information.

Cons

Determining the workspace structure proved challenging for us and we are still trying to decide what's the right configuration. Still, there's really no wrong way to set it up and the flexibility and adaptability of the product will allow us to evolve our structure to meet our evolving organization's needs.

Liam W.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Aha has listened to its customers and consistently delivered a product that does exactly what it says on the tin. Customer support is of course world class - fast, responsive, intelligent and useful proactive assistance. Concierge service that comes with Ent+ is extremely useful.

Pros

Everything works how you'd expect it to. It is EASY to use if you spend an hour or two looking at the help videos and basking in the glow of what an amazing product you're investing in. Trustworthy company, eat their own dog food, led by a guy who wrote a book called Lovability. For us, finally being able to visualise our ambitions, go beyond simple roadmapping pitfalls to an optimised value-driven world, integrated with project management tools. Perfect.

Cons

Onboarding through the help files isn't that great, as it's now a fairly large and complex product. However, the accompanying videos are short and perfectly poised to help. You should expect to commit people to this product to understand and train others. Once you've configured and set up it's a breeze and a joy.
I could have done with more help containing output from workshops and discussions, whereas currently you need to use a combination of Notes and description fields, or some sort of crossover with Ideas. It isn't very clear and that is surprising seeing as product managers use it. You'd have thought a clear workflow capturing initiative and feature level discussions would be normal.

Tessa A.

Enterprise-grade with powerful flexibility and integrations

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

Aha! has made a huge difference in our ability strategically plan our releases and align across multiple delivery teams. It's the only tool flexible enough to accommodate our broad and multifaceted product suite, and allows us to report on it all without requiring engineers to create reports for us.

The customization and integration capabilities are better and more user-friendly than any I've seen in any product. When configuring customization and integrations in other products, I often find myself thinking "if only this were as easy as Aha". Same thing about reporting - it can be a bit complicated but I think they do a great job of making it as simple as possible even with a huge variety of options and massive flexibility.

Their support is also incredibly responsive and friendly, and their documentation is good. It's been really easy for me to teach myself the ins and outs of the product and get answers to my questions.

Cons

Our biggest barrier to getting more value out of Aha is the cost. We would love to bring our scrummasters and UX leaders into Aha in more than essentially just a read-only capacity, but the cost to do that is prohibitive. While the benefits of Aha are huge, so is the cost, so it's something we need to be constantly ready to justify to management.

The navigation is also somewhat poor, and there are a handful of specific views that are hard to use, which is a point of confusion for many users. But that's not too bad since we can usually create the view we want via a report.

Karen R.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Using Aha for Education Assessment products

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

We are introducing the product management function accross the business. Therefore introducing the departments and senior management to the functions of Aha has been my priority.
The multiple benefits have included, multi person access as a reviewer / viewer. Transparency of the portfolio roadmap, clarity and confirmation of epic and feature details and the development priorities.
A prime benefit has been the capabilityof the tech team and CTO to cost up the features and epics in more detail than previously, supporting investment requests.

Pros

For my role as Head of Product Management: The strategic view of the product portfolio is all important for the company to see and for me to report. The functions I use most are the strategic and portfolio roadmaps, goals and linked initiatives. I absolutely love the dashboard function, especially for executive resporting. And now use the different workspaces for the different departments who are dependant on the product management scheduling, this is also an added bonus.

Cons

I really wish the functions would allow clarity for Strategic objectives, rather than goals and support the framing of dependant team and individual OKR's. I also find it difficult to delete releases and features on the Strategic level workspace. It would benefit the different types of users to have the functionalities that they need and navigate to it easily. From my role as head of to the associate product manager, we have different uses and feature requirements.

Lisa S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Offers room to grow in to

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Overall Aha! is a very well documented and supported product. The support I've received both over the phone and via email has been great - they really do have experienced product managers available to answer technical questions as well as talk about implementation details/best practices (note: they will make you schedule an appointment if you need to go to the level of screen share...I struggled with that at first but I think it's a gentle way of teaching folks to fish...as most questions can be answered if you take the time to read the documentation). We have also had a good response on a couple of key feature requests which I was impressed by given our modest account size.

Pros

What has been most useful to us is the ability to let the respective teams remain in their tools of choice while being able to knit together an end to end picture from top-level goals down to the execution of features and go to market activity. The pre-built integrations to Salesforce, Zendesk, GitHub, Slack, and Asana made linking the picture together across our org a pretty light lift.

Cons

We struggled with the UI here and there as well as getting folks fully up to speed on the available capabilities/best practices as it is feature-rich. Our approach was an incremental deployment starting in the middle of the data model. If I had a chance to do it again, I would start at the top with clear goals, vision and a focus on capturing product strategy details and then move down through the initiatives and into tracking the implementation details via releases/epics/features.
Some of the new enterprise + features around collecting customer feedback are pretty interesting.

Sherri A.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Aha is the only game in town

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

We tested and demo'd all of the top-rated pieces of software that call themselves Product Management Software. Nothing compares to Aha, in my opinion, it is the only software that offers all of the key features I need. There are definitely a few tweaks that could be made, but nothing else even comes close to this tool. I am very happy with it.

Pros

It is made by Product Managers for Product Managers
It has features around the vision and strategy of the company
There is clear separation between ideas and features
There are Personas that can be attached to ideas and features
There are goals and strategies
There are areas to store your files
You can create shareable presentations that update dynamically
You can build wireframes within the tool
You can house everything you need as a Product Manager is one locations
The support is amazing
Integrates with JIRA

Cons

I find it difficult to find what I am looking for in the knowledge base
Some of the features are not very intuitive to use
There are a few features I would like to see added

Geraldine C.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Flexible software to allow Product Managers to refocus on strategy

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

I particularly like how Aha! allows the PM to link the features/tasks the team are working on to the reasons why these features have been defined and prioritized over others. It gives a clear direction to the entire team.

I recently joined a startup company as a product manager and I felt daunted by the amount of features and tasks that were waiting to be developed in the backlog. The team was working in Agile mode, releasing features as soon as they were developed. It was extremely complicated to organize them around objectives and priorities and we had no visibility on when each of them would become available. Some members also felt that the team was sometimes working on features that should not be considered high priority.
Aha! solves these problems as it helped us organize the developments into theme-boxed releases (even if we actually put features in production as they are developed) and the master features improve clarity by grouping features into epics. Each of them are also now clearly graded in term of business value and effort and linked to overarching goals and initiatives in order to justify the priorities.

The dynamic reporting features are also a real time-saver.

Finally the hotline is amazing! I had a couple of exchanges with them and their reactivity and helpfulness was way above my expectations.

Cons

I have only used the software as a trial until now, so I haven't spent too much time in adapting it to our specific needs. Once we sign up for the paid version, I know that I will have to dedicate a few days to set it up to best fit our needs and customize a few of the options.
I am glad that their support team is so responsive. I am pretty sure I will need their help and I am looking forward to working with them and benefiting from their experience from other companies.

Alex B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Powerful Product Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Great productivity tool for any Product Management Team.

Pros

C-Suite and Executive level Goals and Initiatives are linked all the way down to Features and Defects worked on by Engineering.
Live reports (can be used in Aha presentations) are a huge time saver.
A versatile tool that provides the Product Management team with lots of options for roadmap creation, program increment & release planning and tracking.
Support is amazing and very responsive.
Live updates to the software. Great to get new features without extra wait time.

Cons

Live updates to the software. Sometimes the updates are unexpected and break current behaviors internal processes with no warning. Takes days/weeks to adjust afterward.
Unclear on why certain features are changed. The response is frequently that user groups said it should work the new way. No clarity of how to access this pool of user groups to share opinions. If possible, both new and old options need to be allowed.
Where possible need to allow to turn certain features on/off at the global level.
Recently started to push out certain features (e.g. Automation) only to higher subscription tier levels. Software is expensive enough to have all features at all levels. More direct/hands-on support can be kept at higher levels.

Mike C.

Only paid for task management software to use!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Great so far. Always quick to respond and really helpful. They even let me pause my account while we had a slow down in the business.

Pros

There are so few tools that allow you to develop the strategic direction of a product alongside the aspects of delivery. Being able to add the strategic vision, goals and initiatives plus link those to the releases and roadmap is awesome! I also love how as the product management I can see all the work passed to my team in a release schedule view whilst also maintaining a Kanban view for my team's workflow management.

Stop messing around with Jira/Confluence, Monday or Trello and get on Aha!

Cons

The tool is so rich that it can take some getting used to but once you get stuck in then you really feel the benefit!

Marie S.

Excellent product and excellent service

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Pros

I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Cons

Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Steve W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

More than just Roadmap software

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Aha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.

Pros

Originally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.

Cons

The largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date – which admittedly shouldn’t be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.

Rosa T.

Organize yourself and your plans

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

Lets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation.

I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed.

I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.

Cons

I have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.

Mark T.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The Software I Dreamed Of

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

When we had questions, Aha was on the case hard. When we needed a video conference, they were right there. I cannot say enough how nice it is to deal with such caring professionals.

Pros

It gives me the views, ease of use, ability to change on the fly that I've always wanted in platform neutral project management software. Using the cloud, we are able to coordinate and hold each other more accountable for every project in our pipeline. From product creation to market launch, we feel well covered with Aha.

Cons

Learning how to tailor Aha to how you want to see your business took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around how it should look and flow. I must changed the initial layout 4 times before I found exactly what I needed. Then it flowed easily. The ability to customize terminology and report options has made the learning curve faster for those I have trained.

Laura D.
  • Industry: Program Development

Highly Recommend Aha!

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

After shifting from a user of Aha at my previous company, to now the set up/admin at my current company, I'm relieved that the Aha! team is just as easy to work with as their Aha platform. The Aha! team has been so helpful in getting me set up, quickly answering questions, and providing a tool that will help serve my team. Thank you to the whole Aha! team!

Pros

Aha! is an extremely flexible yet user friendly tool. I've used Aha in other companies and sought them out after how much it helped my previous company create structure and organization with numerous cross functional groups and development teams. Aha does a fantastic job at creating one centralized "source of truth" that allows all levels of an organization view the information that's relevant and meaningful to them - from senior level executives to product managers, business owners and dev teams.

Cons

The downside to this software is its flexibility, but it's also it's strength. There are so many features and all the various functionality is fantastic but can make set up and training a bit time consuming.

Michaela G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Every product manager's must have.

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Pros

We've used a lot of product management software options. Categorically, Aha! is the best available on the market. The holistic approach of Aha! to product management is incredibly useful, and forward thinking. We have always advocated customer centric product approaches and Aha! really lends well to this way of thinking and framing your products. I can highly recommend Aha to any business interested in efficiently trading and managing their product function.

Cons

There's really nothing I could say as a negative to the software. The support team is extremely helpful and I have not yet had an issue.

Michael J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love this product!

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

I was initially introduced to Aha at my first product management position, although it was not integrated into any of the other dev tools. In this new company and position we are integrating it into ADO, Teams, and looking to see how it will work with Mavenlink, to allow for realtime updates and the ability to look at the same data through different lenses to allow each team to get what they need, and update the other teams.

Pros

The ease of use to plan out roadmaps and plan out capacity. I am still working to plan out our processes as we are moving towards a new development methodology from our current workflow, and Aha! is playing an important piece in getting the data presented to the executive team.

Cons

Sometimes things are not in obvious places, use management notification settings, in the personal section. It would be more intuitive (to me) to have a user management section

Thom H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Trans-formative tool!

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Ability to organize, rank and manage SDLC.

Pros

We've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.

Cons

I wish the pricing was handled differently. Needing to commit to a full year of license costs before adding a new product owner to the system has made some process changes in our shop more difficult than they would have been if the pricing was more dynamic. Also, I would prefer a license that charges a smaller fee for all users rather than a large fee for each product owner. It would make it easier for me to sell system usage internally.

• Industry: Human Resources

Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Overall very pleased with the application.

Pros

I've implemented Aha in the last 2 companies where I've run Product Management. The flexibility, collaboration, ability to connect delivery with strategy, and outstanding customer service keep me coming back. The breadth of the offering means that it can support multiple workflows & processes as our Product Development org scales.

Cons

Generally speaking, there's nothing that is a real deal-breaker but I've found the Jira integration somewhat finicky on occasion. Usually, it was something that could be resolved fairly easily didn't have a large impact. The in-app presentations are fantastic for publishing content, but sometimes it takes manipulating in Powerpoint to format or display things a certain way. Minor issue as I've seen improvements with several releases and the purpose of the software wasnt for the presentation ability.

Ananda R.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The tool that removes the drudgery of product management!

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

We are using Aha! to bring discipline to our processes because discipline = freedom and more time to do all the things we love to do in product management.
I love your support and the intuitiveness with which most things can be done.
Keep up the great work.

Pros

Absolutely love using Aha! The ease with which changes can be made, once things are set up correctly, is such a godsend. Also love Aha's 24x7 support model and prompt support. Before, we had ideas and roadmap plans spread across spreadsheets, emails, Confluence pages and Jira. With Aha!, we are beginning to streamline all this madness into a single source of truth.

Cons

While it is feature rich, navigation is sometimes hard esp. when we want to customize features. This may be because we are still relatively new users. Fortunately, Aha!'s top-notch support has prevented this from becoming an issue.

Frode J.

A complete product management platform

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Great product that are easy to setup and covers all major aspects of productmanagement in one solution. Awsome support and help desk where it is easy to find information on the questions you have and very responsive customer support that are eager to help you.

Pros

Great integration with azure DevOps, great for tracking strategy goals, initiative and tie this together with release planning and features. Also great to use for collecting and structuring product input/ideas and promoting these to features.

Cons

Task integration with Microsoft planner would of great help.

Krisztina H.

A 5 star product

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

Not only me but my entire team is very satisfied with Aha! which is definitely a lovable product.

Pros

What I like most is that Aha! actually always offer more than we need in a way that we always find the new features extremely useful. I also especially like the excellent customer service and the really amazing product support offered in the Enterprise+ plan.

Cons

Non-editor roles have much less capabilities in the software. And you have to be very skilled to be able to use the product in the way it was designed for. :)

Norah B.

In 1 year Aha! has allowed us to do better roadmaps and excel in prod. Mgmt tasks.

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

I've been way more effective at communicating my product strategy with the capabilities in excel. A lot less manual cleanup to get my message out. And we've been able to expand into a more robust formal competitor and client tracking too!

Pros

So easy to use. After playing around with the trial version, we started setting up our own instance. We've changed our approaches here and there, but the ease of reporting, audit tracking of all activity, and the visibility of organizing releases and requirements has been a major improvement over the spreadsheet roadmaps I had before.

Cons

More flexibility in the views of roadmaps would be great - I have to do a lot of ppt and the notebooks or images don't always align well with our corporate ppt.

Lisa O.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Lots of options to customise...tech support is the best I've experienced

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Gathering voice of field feedback on our products. Having AHA is a game changer in terms of organising all of the data and responding to submitters.

Pros

Lots of options to customise. Tech support is the best I've experienced, they reply instantly with the instructions I need to achieve what I'm trying to do. Haven't experienced any bugs whatsoever.

Cons

Sometime the settings are confusing due to the way they are named and organised. Some of the names repeat but are for different things and it's easy to get lost in the navigation.