Officewise Reviews

Officewise

Spend management software for business

4.5/5 (192 reviews)
Anna E.

Good software that we don't utilize enough!

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

My company mainly uses your software as a PO creation tool. I know that you have a lot of reporting and accounting tools and other tools that we don't use that we definitely could/should. The software works well for us to simply create POs with easy fill-in-the blanks for saved company names and information so multiple people can use it as an address book, essentially. We then have a record that shows all POs we've placed over time as well, across multiple users. What we don't use very well is the accounting tools - we don't really categorize or use the reports at all for accounting purposes. We have a whole accounting team who keeps track of that type of thing in Quickbooks. Our Operations team is who uses your software for the most part for ease of creating POs and also record keeping for basic PO information. Giving you 4 stars across the board for the product - it seems pretty user friendly in general. Maybe not enough tutorial type information, that could be helpful, but I haven't really gone looking for it. Giving you 5 starts for customer service because you were very responsive when I did have a question.

Pros

Pretty straightforward and clean

Cons

Could use more tutorials

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Anna! We would love for you guys to use Officewise for all of your accounting needs and think that you would like it much better than QuickBooks but we might be a little bias:). That said we have many customers who use our system along with QuickBooks like you do which is just fine too. I agree with your point about having more tutorials and other support tools, we are currently working on these things and will make them available within the next few months.

Morgen P.

Excellent, user-friendly software!

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Officewise offers more functionality than I expected considering it's such an affordable price. The interface is simple and very user-intuitive. My entire office is able to input data and keep things organized and up to date. We use the purchase order feature the most. The product is consistent, so I have never had any error messages or glitches like I do so often with another, more expensive software we use in-house. My favorite thing about Officewise is the ability to cross categorize my searches. The only thing I'd like to see in the future, is being able to pull up data that has any part of what I enter in the search bar, rather than having to have exact searches. Thanks for offering such a great product!

Pros

The simple design and ability to use a variety of categories to search through data.

Cons

I preferred the lighter color scheme Officewise had before the most recent design update. I also need to be able to type in a partial purchase order number in the search section and have any purchase order with that info pull up in my search.

Matt A.

Able to work with the software and have a positive experience when using it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

The ability to track purchases and determine total dollars spent by vendor.

Pros

The ease in the use of the software. Several fields can be populated by typing the first letters of a vendor's name. The item numbers also can be populated with the first few letters on the company's item numbers.

Cons

There was an update to the software a few months ago. There was no training on the changes to the software. It was difficult to determine where items needed to go. It took sometime to figure this out.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review. We agree that we could have done a better job of communicating the updates we made to our user interface a couple of months ago. We don't plan to make any other significant changes to our user interface but will be sure to better communicate any changes going forward.

Robin W.

The software was recently changed. I believe the initial software used was much more user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/05/10

We now have a paperless process in executing POs. The process is now more efficient, we maintain a history on our purchases and the time saved is better served on other projects.

Pros

The software allows a paperless and more efficient process in ordering items. The approval hierarchy is great.

Cons

Some changes to the website adds some difficulty in maneuvering through to find other pages. Example, I had to edit the authorization of a new hire and it took me a while to find where that section was moved to.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned we did make some changes to the user interface of our system a few months ago which we believe will make it better going forward. We understand and appreciate that it can take some time for existing users to get use to the changes and apologize for any inconvenience. We are not planning to make any other significant changes to the user interface and hope that the new help center we launched along with the changes makes it easier to adapt to the new user interface.

Melissa C.

Good program, would like to see an update!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It would be really helpful if approvers were able to see the PO on their home page along with all the other PO's they've created. They require having a copy of the invoice for their records. Currently our accounts payables is having to forward all invoices to employees that have record keeping files and this is very timely.

Pros

This program is very user friendly and easy to navigate. If I ever encounter an issue I always hear back right away, the wait time isn't very long.

Cons

It's not the easiest to import coding into the Lists. When you make a change to a PO or upload a file to it, it doesn't notify the creator the PO number, it just emails them a link to their inbox and they have to guess which PO it was.

Response from Ryan

Thank you for your feedback Melissa! If users are not able to see purchase orders they approved I am thinking it might have to do with user permissions which can be changed so that they can see. I will follow-up with you directly to help resolve. Our system does allow you to keep track of invoices so that users have them for their records and I will follow-up with you to show you how this can be done so accounts payable doesn’t have to spend time forwarding them. As for notification emails if users click on the link in the email it will take them to the specific purchase order that the notification relates to but I agree it would be better if we also referenced the purchase order number and will pass your feedback on to the team.

Marty R.

Great Experiences

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

We took a manual PO system that was having to hand signed and went with this and now its all electronic. Took from a 3 day time frame down to less than a couple of hours.

Pros

The point and click aspect of it along with the customizable features for our different plants. we have been able to use this over three plants with being able to customize for each.

Cons

cant run old web browsers with . Had some problem with working with older web browsers that some employees had .

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Marty! As discussed Officewise works best on newer versions of browsers but we continue to support older versions as best we can. I believe the specific issue you mention has been resolved but I will follow-up with you directly to make sure that is the case.

Lisa L.

Generally good

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

The software provides inventory control, sales, and purchasing tools all in one easy to use application that is not overly priced.

Cons

The inability to modify inventory type (inventory vs non-inventory) after creation. It would be a major improvement to allow you to change the type instead of having to create a new item.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Lisa. I understand your point about allowing users to modify type so that you don't have to create a new item if you want to change. The tricky part is what to do with past transactions since they would have been handled in the system based on type when they were recorded. We think it is important to be consistent with how different types of transactions are handled in the system but also feel it is important to maintain the integrity of historical data. That said we are always open to new ideas on how we can improve the system and I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

Jake I.

Great Application for Monitoring POs

Reviewed on 2019/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

OfficeWise is pretty easy to use, even if you aren't familiar with their UI. Everything is in the right place and has solid basic functionality.

Cons

Would like the ability to close multiple POs at once. No native support for Invoices to come through the system.

Response from Ryan

Thank you for your feedback. To close multiple POs at once please complete the following steps: 1) Log in to your account, 2) Click Purchase orders in left menu, 3) Check box to left of purchase orders you want to close, 4) Click on More button at top of page, and 5) Click Close in dropdown. Not exactly sure what you mean by no native support for invoices to come through the system but will follow-up with you to see if we can come up with a solution.

Charles H.

OfficeWise is easy to work with and does the basics of what we need.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

The software is easy to use, understand and to show others how to use.

The ability to email POs with terms attached makes ordering very simple.

Cons

Some of the reporting is limited. It would be nice to generate a report that provides invoices by sales rep. Also, a report showing remaining open balance on a sales order.

Some of the parameters in setting users up is limiting. I have a need for letting people view all sales orders but not be able to change them.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Charles. We do have a report for sales orders by sales rep but currently not one for invoices by sales rep as you point out. I think that adding this report is certainly worth considering and will discuss internally to see what we can do. As for user access parameters we are planning to provide more options like what you describe within the next few months.

Clint F.

Quick and Easy, ideal for small companies.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Organized our procurement process in a beneficial and productive way.

Pros

This software took our company from a convoluted excel based system to an organized and easy to use software platform that we love.

Cons

This software lacks a few features that would be helpful but overall not critical. Being able to track lead times, order numbers, and being able to pull that list by project would be very helpful. The software would also benefit from being able to communicate with other software systems, like quickbooks.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Clint. The system does include order numbers and tags which are often used for project spend tracking and I have some ideas on how you can use due dates and other features to track lead times. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see how we can improve. As for communicating with other software systems I agree that we can do better and it is on our "to do" list. For now I am wondering if our data import/export features can help you get you what you need and will follow-up with you to review.

Scott M.

huge improvement over our previous manual system

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

better order efficiency

Pros

1) approval process is now instantaneous. Previous manual system could take days. 2) I like the ability to search part numbers for repeat orders by part name or supplier.

Cons

does not provide system to maintain consistent part name / number so each user conforms to common system - which leads to duplicates

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Scott. To reduce the risk of duplication the system does prevent users from creating new items that have the same Item ID as an existing item but we understand sometimes that is not enough to prevent duplication. To further reduce risk and maintain consistency in part name/number we recommend limiting which users can add new parts through roles so that only certain authorized users can add new items. I will follow-up with you directly to show you how this can be done.

Gary W.

Using it daily

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

Items should be able to be changed like deleting that aren't being used and being able to change non invorty to invorty item

Pros

I can use it on my phone. Invorty can be tracked when used right

Cons

Not being able to delete items that were used or Duplicates

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Gary. If an item is not used in any transactions you should be able to delete and if it is used in a transaction you can make it inactive so it no longer shows up in dropdowns etc. Allowing users the ability to change items from non-inventory is something we have considered in the past and will revisit based on feedback from you and others. I agree we need a mobile app and we have plans for this. I like your idea about different pricing on items and will follow-up with you to further discuss.

Meredith D.

Overall, Officewise is easy to use and a helps keep our purchase orders organized for 23 locations!

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy keyword searches on past purchase orders. You can copy previous purchase orders and resubmit with minor changes, so it makes PO entry quick. You can give everyone in a department access to see past PO's of other

Cons

We have had trouble with the approval process. You can select multiple approvers in the PO, but rather than going to the next approver, our POs will go back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Meredith! Not sure why PO would be going back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves. Will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

Jim K.

So far its been useful

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Pros

The ease of creating purchase and sales orders. Also like tracking the sales orders/purchase orders and to get a history.

Cons

It can be slow but can't tell if its the software or our network.

I am not able to track by project. If we do samples orders for various projects I am unable to look up by a project to see what sample requests are being worked under a specific project.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Jim! We have not received any other reports of our site being slow and we closely monitor performance metrics to make sure it is working fast so there might be an issue with your computer or network. That said we are constantly trying to improve the performance of our site so I will follow-up to see what else we can do to speed things up on our end. For project tracking I recommend using "Tags" or creating a custom field on the order form and will follow-up with you to show you how this can be done.

Scott W.

Initial set up and daily use is very easy.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

I was asked to start the purchasing department for our pipeline company, after trying 10/12 Purchase Order systems, I tried Officewise, unlike the other more expensive systems with little or no U.S. based customer service, they walked me through the initial startup. With multiple ways to pull reports, my asset manager, accounting department and sales team can find exact cost in numerous ways, very quickly. I cannot thank service agent enough for all the help he gave me, the best advise I received was to start playing with the reports and then set up the Tags, Groups, Etc., in this way you can pinpoint how you want to pull your report.

Cons

The void button still gives me nightmares, do not ever void a PO, anything can be corrected except this.

Daphne T.

It's easy to find what you need and to submit POs.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

it's an easy way to keep track of POs and I can go back and research or find POs and re-print or mark as received.

Pros

the ease of use and the ability to copy POs. I love that I can copy POs that I make to the same vendor and though I need to edit it, it is much easier than starting a new PO.

Cons

that if I am in my inbox, I have to go to 2 screens in order to access POs, I wish I was able to access POs on the sidebar, but I can only get to other boxes in my inbox (submitted, rejected, pending, etc)

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Daphne! I see what you are saying about 2 clicks to get from your inbox to list of POs and will discuss internally to see what we can do about making it one click.

It has changed the way our company handles purchasing

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Simple interface and keeps track of everything. The line item memos are great for justifying purchases. New Items can be created on the fly.

Cons

A large amount of our ordering is random one off items from places like amazon or eBay, I would like better support for these types of purchases. It would be great if we could put in tracking numbers to know when orders will come in.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback! Agree we can improve on how our system works with other systems and will share your comments with the development team. For tracking numbers we recommend using the History & Notes feature where you can post a note with a link to tracking information. Hope this helps.

Jake I.

Easy To Use PO System

Reviewed on 2018/05/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very Easy to Review Past POs
Great History Tracking
Easy to Create A New PO
Easy to Edit and Update a PO with New Information

Cons

Would like an option to print multiple POs at once
Needs better Invoice integration (Submit Invoice with PO)

Carlos P.

Easy to use platform on a day to day basis.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Easy PO creation and tracking.

Pros

Search function is great to find other users PO's. The interface is very well done and easy to find what you need.

Cons

Certain restrictions at specif user levels are not customizable. The approval process could be improved on.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Carlos! We are always looking for ways to improve Officewise and appreciate your feedback. I will follow-up with you directly to see what we can do to improve user access customizations and the approval process.

Lisa B.

OfficeWise

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

We Love Love Love OfficeWise. We mostly use it to keep track of orders. As a busy Design Firm we need all the help we can get keeping track of furniture orders, cabinets, tile and everything we order for a project. The report system allows us to to do a print out and mark it with expected ship dates and helps us to track what is on order for several projects at once.
Best money we ever spent!

Pros

Similar to quickbooks, so if you use quickbooks you can automatically use this easily.

Nick L.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

We've been very happy with Officewise! We use it every day to create Purchase Orders and cross reference items we've ordered for deliveries ect. Definitely very easy to use and extremely helpful!

Pros

The fact that we can search key words for previous POs that have been created.

Cons

Not much that I don't like! Once in a while it won't let me delete the top row on purchase orders when I add one too many lines, but that isn't really any issue.

Susan M.

I was new to Officewise and had very little training. In no time I was up and running!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

I can track the expense and purchases for each location

Pros

Very easy to use and negotiate your way around the software. I also like being able to customize the dashboard.

Cons

You can not print a detailed PO from your dashboard once it is approved. You have to go to Home then Purchase Orders, search for the PO then print them. Wish there was a quicker way to do this.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Susan! Once a PO is approved you should be able to click on a link in the approval notification that will take you directly to the approved PO where you can print it. From the list of POs you can also set filters to see only those purchase orders where you are the requisitioner which may make it easier to find POs. I will follow-up with you to further discuss these solutions and how we can improve.

Ken W.

This software is web-based, easy to use and intuitive.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Not having to use a hard-copy system.

Pros

I can attach receipts, packing slips, RFQs, etc. directly to the Purchase Order and not have to worry about lost documents. All the information is there for anyone that needs immediate access without hassle.

Cons

The search features could use a little improvement. It would be nice to be able to search on just a wildcard but does not.

Ashley D.

Love Officewise

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Pros

Website is very easy to use and self explanatory. You can easily save POs, convert to PDF, search for past POs. The latest update has also added quite a few new and great features.

Cons

The only Con or feature I wish could be added is a list of projects so that you can allocate which PO belongs to which project.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review. For project tracking we recommend using the "Tag" field on the purchase order. You can then run purchase order tag reports to see which PO belongs to which project. I will follow-up with you directly to show how this can be done.

Heather R.

Great product

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

The software is easy to use and the approval process is very easy. Being able to see the status of PO's is also very nice

Cons

There are two lines for entering expenses which seems redundant. It would be nice to only have one line for each expense

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review! There should only be one line for entering expenses followed by optional accounting detail fields below which you can hide if you want. I will follow-up with you directly to make sure I understand your feedback and show you how to hide accounting detail fields and otherwise discuss how we can improve.