Spendwise Reviews

Spendwise

Spend management software for business

Caleb
Caleb
  • Industry: Consumer Services

This software is the best for making quick and easy purchase orders

Reviewed on 2017/12/26

Its nice to be able to reference each PO just by looking it up in the search box by the PO number

Pros

Office wise is able to save product titles and price to quickly fill out the po and send it out.
I like that it is fast and easy to use. You are even able to email right from the PO.

Cons

I don't like that there is a new area that has to be set of what folder you would like to have it in after it mailed out. That slows down the process.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your review Caleb! Not sure what you mean by setting folder you would like to have PO in after it is mailed out. If you are referring to approval folders (i.e. Inbox, Not-submitted, Rejected, Pending) the system should assign automatically depending on the approval status of the PO. I will follow-up with you to make sure I understand and help resolve.

It has changed the way our company handles purchasing

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Simple interface and keeps track of everything. The line item memos are great for justifying purchases. New Items can be created on the fly.

Cons

A large amount of our ordering is random one off items from places like amazon or eBay, I would like better support for these types of purchases. It would be great if we could put in tracking numbers to know when orders will come in.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback! Agree we can improve on how our system works with other systems and will share your comments with the development team. For tracking numbers we recommend using the History & Notes feature where you can post a note with a link to tracking information. Hope this helps.

Very confusing!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

I had an overall negative experience.

I had an overall negative experience.

Pros

There wasn't much that I enjoyed about this software program to be quite honest.

Cons

I thought that the layout was very difficult to follow. The customer service was horrible. The software always seemed to be freezing up on me. It made easy tasks seem to take forever to accomplish.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy using our system. We would love to learn more about how we can improve the layout and our customer service. Our system is web-based and we have not received any other reports of it freezing so would like to further discuss to see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve performance. If you are open to further discussing please let us know when/how best to reach you or contact us at [email protected] or 1-855-906-3300.

Deveney
  • Industry: Hospitality

Gift Card $25 Spendwise is amazing

Reviewed on 2023/10/01

Grate.

Grate.

Pros

The Efficiency i like the fact the it calculates everything.

Cons

There is nothing i would change about my Spendwise.

Harold

Implemented this software in our company more than a year ago. Works well. Seldom any issues.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Good / fair cost for the system. The system is well maintained and supported. No issues for the role this system in our operation. The system is well maintained and supported.

Thomasin
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great program!

Reviewed on 2023/09/29

Pros

This program was easy to get started, easy to teach staff, and keeps us organized.

Cons

The font size cannot be changed. Could use larger font for some employees and customers.

Dalton
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

My Spendwise review

Reviewed on 2023/09/27

Pros

Easy to use, its pretty much point and click on how to use it.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. It runs good.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Must have to track inventory

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

Great too to control inventory and sales. You are able to track your inventory from your phone and you can use key words to search PO's. This tool is a great way to be more organized and get rid of paper purchase orders and have everything electronically.

Cons

It would be very helpfully to be able to print multiple purchase orders at once.

Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Research

It's wise to use OfficeWise

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

- Cloud functionality allows all users to interact from anywhere
- Reasonably priced

Cons

- Difficult initial learning curve
- Search feature doesn't give results sometimes

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback. Search feature should work as long as what you enter in the search field exactly matches text on the record you are looking for but we agree it could be improved. I am sorry to hear you found initial learning curve difficult and would love to hear how we can make it easier. I will reach out directly to further discuss.

Paul
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Purchase approvals

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

I just basically approve items that were purchased. So like I said before Easy, Quick and no paper to deal with.

Pros

It's easy to navigate. Can look at bills for review before submitting approval. Keeps a running inventory of items spent per department.

Cons

Not sure there is anything on my end that I don't like about the system. Easy, Quick and less paper to deal with.

Morgen

Excellent, user-friendly software!

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Officewise offers more functionality than I expected considering it's such an affordable price. The interface is simple and very user-intuitive. My entire office is able to input data and keep things organized and up to date. We use the purchase order feature the most. The product is consistent, so I have never had any error messages or glitches like I do so often with another, more expensive software we use in-house. My favorite thing about Officewise is the ability to cross categorize my searches. The only thing I'd like to see in the future, is being able to pull up data that has any part of what I enter in the search bar, rather than having to have exact searches. Thanks for offering such a great product!

Pros

The simple design and ability to use a variety of categories to search through data.

Cons

I preferred the lighter color scheme Officewise had before the most recent design update. I also need to be able to type in a partial purchase order number in the search section and have any purchase order with that info pull up in my search.

Marty
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Experiences

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

We took a manual PO system that was having to hand signed and went with this and now its all electronic. Took from a 3 day time frame down to less than a couple of hours.

Pros

The point and click aspect of it along with the customizable features for our different plants. we have been able to use this over three plants with being able to customize for each.

Cons

cant run old web browsers with . Had some problem with working with older web browsers that some employees had .

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Marty! As discussed Officewise works best on newer versions of browsers but we continue to support older versions as best we can. I believe the specific issue you mention has been resolved but I will follow-up with you directly to make sure that is the case.

Charles

OfficeWise is easy to work with and does the basics of what we need.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

The software is easy to use, understand and to show others how to use.

The ability to email POs with terms attached makes ordering very simple.

Cons

Some of the reporting is limited. It would be nice to generate a report that provides invoices by sales rep. Also, a report showing remaining open balance on a sales order.

Some of the parameters in setting users up is limiting. I have a need for letting people view all sales orders but not be able to change them.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Charles. We do have a report for sales orders by sales rep but currently not one for invoices by sales rep as you point out. I think that adding this report is certainly worth considering and will discuss internally to see what we can do. As for user access parameters we are planning to provide more options like what you describe within the next few months.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Machinery

Seamless PO system!

Reviewed on 2022/12/09

So far, so good! If i have an issue, it's always quickly resolved!

So far, so good! If i have an issue, it's always quickly resolved!

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is, and the fact that it's all done online.

Cons

Some things are hard to find and do. This is just because I haven't had the time to sit and really look deeper into its functionality though.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Jennifer! Happy to hear that you find our software to be user friendly. If there is anything we can do to help make things easier to find and do please let us know as we are always working to improve.

Meredith

Overall, Officewise is easy to use and a helps keep our purchase orders organized for 23...

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy keyword searches on past purchase orders. You can copy previous purchase orders and resubmit with minor changes, so it makes PO entry quick. You can give everyone in a department access to see past PO's of other

Cons

We have had trouble with the approval process. You can select multiple approvers in the PO, but rather than going to the next approver, our POs will go back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Meredith! Not sure why PO would be going back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves. Will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

Gary
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Using it daily

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

Items should be able to be changed like deleting that aren't being used and being able to change non invorty to invorty item

Pros

I can use it on my phone. Invorty can be tracked when used right

Cons

Not being able to delete items that were used or Duplicates

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Gary. If an item is not used in any transactions you should be able to delete and if it is used in a transaction you can make it inactive so it no longer shows up in dropdowns etc. Allowing users the ability to change items from non-inventory is something we have considered in the past and will revisit based on feedback from you and others. I agree we need a mobile app and we have plans for this. I like your idea about different pricing on items and will follow-up with you to further discuss.

Lisa
  • Industry: Design

OfficeWise

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

We Love Love Love OfficeWise. We mostly use it to keep track of orders. As a busy Design Firm we need all the help we can get keeping track of furniture orders, cabinets, tile and everything we order for a project. The report system allows us to to do a print out and mark it with expected ship dates and helps us to track what is on order for several projects at once.
Best money we ever spent!

Pros

Similar to quickbooks, so if you use quickbooks you can automatically use this easily.

Susan

I was new to Officewise and had very little training. In no time I was up and running!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

I can track the expense and purchases for each location

I can track the expense and purchases for each location

Pros

Very easy to use and negotiate your way around the software. I also like being able to customize the dashboard.

Cons

You can not print a detailed PO from your dashboard once it is approved. You have to go to Home then Purchase Orders, search for the PO then print them. Wish there was a quicker way to do this.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Susan! Once a PO is approved you should be able to click on a link in the approval notification that will take you directly to the approved PO where you can print it. From the list of POs you can also set filters to see only those purchase orders where you are the requisitioner which may make it easier to find POs. I will follow-up with you to further discuss these solutions and how we can improve.

Kolby

Overall its fine but i dislike having to use so many different pieces of software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

Office wise is easy to use and fairly intuitive for the most part. the page is smooth and rarely gets hung up or has timeout issues.

Cons

The PO can be a little glitchy when adding multiple line items at the same time, it creates a weird overlap on the job number field.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Kolby! We have not been able to replicate the issue you mention on our end and have not received any other reports of this issue so it might have something to do with the settings on your computer. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and help resolve.

track POs with ease

we didn't have a customizable PO system before officewise

we didn't have a customizable PO system before officewise

Pros

the filter and sort fields make it easy to find any Purchase Order quickly. The ability to email a PO straight to the vendor cuts down on repetitive actions!

Cons

When I close a PO I would like the screen to refresh to the main PO list instead of having to close out of the closed PO screen.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback. To end up on the main PO list page after closing a purchase order we recommend closing the purchase order from the list page which you can do by checking the box next to the purchase order, then click on the More button at the top of the list, then click on Close option. This feature also allows you to close multiple purchase orders at a time. Hope this helps.

Jann
  • Industry: Design

The program has definitely made the procurement work so much easier for all of us that use...

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

It's so much easier to use then the system we were using before. It saves so much time.

Pros

Its is extremely easy to use and understand. The screens are clear, clean and very simple to use. Login is very simple

Cons

Would like the complete list of PO's to come up so I don't have to scroll through long list. I can't think of another

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Jann! The complete list of PO's should come up when you are on the purchase order list page. Not sure why this is not happening for you but I will follow-up directly to help resolve.

REBECA

CD BUILDERS INC

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

The softwave have been an excellent source for our company and very friendly for users. Service is quickly.

Pros

The easiest way to access what you need.

Cons

Everybody can do changes to people. I would prefer more control.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Rebeca! You should be able to limit who can make changes to people through user roles. I will follow-up with you to further discuss and resolve.

Linzee
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Officewise is great and easy to use but the limitations in the description box is a problem.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

You benefit from having one central location to put in all the orders you need to purchase for the office, as well as, let administration know what id going on event wise.

Pros

I like the efficiency of it in the office setting. It is nice to be able to have a place to submit everything you need and it can be sent to the person who needs to purchase the orders. I like how it sends emails notifying you when something has been sent to you or approved.

Cons

The description box does not allow enough lines to type and you cannot add the same approver more than once, which is a little inconvenient in some circumstances.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Lindzee! The description field has a 900 character limit which we hope meets your needs most of the time. In cases where the description exceeds the character limit we usually recommend attaching a file with the description to the purchase order and referencing the file in the description field of the purchase order. I will follow-up with you directly to see if this solution could work for you and discuss other alternatives.

• Industry: Public Safety

Spendwise

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pros

This product is very easy to set up, use, and manage purchasing software. Relatively inexpensive. Web-based and easily accessible on many platforms.

Cons

The search features are not always reliable and if searching, wildcards don't work.

LaDon
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Every Busy Manager Should Have It!!

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

One of the best things I have ever done concerning purchasing, etc. The fact that I can access it anywhere on-line makes it an incredible product, especially when a small business manager has to multi-task and take care of equipment ordering needs on the spot. My IPhone has grown very accustom to making transactions on the fly!! Response to questions from customer support has been very personable and quick!!

Pros

Easy and accessible from anywhere!!!!

Cons

Email feature that remembers everything!!!