Spendwise

Spend management software for business

Tabish A.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

A game-changer for all our procurement needs

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

The software had dramatically enhanced our company's experience with spending and procurement. It has helped us with managing our sales, purchase orders, inventories and tools through a clean interface. The procurement team has been able to work together on invoices and PO's more seamlessly owing its cloud compatibility and safe online storage. We are now able to create budgets for various tasks and use Spendwise to track our overall spending. Overall experience has indeed been wonderful, highly recommended for procurement teams in multiple sectors.

Pros

Spendwise is a comprehensive tool to assess our company expenditure. It offers a user-friendly interface , one that helps us save on time and eliminate excess administrative costs. We are able to manage our invoices, purchase orders, bills and expenses in a streamlined manner.
A great feature of this software is that it is possible to assign roles to users, and provide access to certain transactions, thereby ensuring that the right person can examine authorized features only.

Cons

Sometimes when there is a software update, it becomes challenging to navigate through the new changes. With a lack of manuals or training, the updates can take time getting used to.

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your enthusiastic recommendation of our product. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced challenges adapting to updates we make to our product. We do offer a User Guide, FAQs and Tips in our Help Center which we hope helps users adapt to updates but would be glad to consider other ways we can make it easier. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

Michael F.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It's wise to use OfficeWise

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Pros

- Cloud functionality allows all users to interact from anywhere
- Reasonably priced

Cons

- Difficult initial learning curve
- Search feature doesn't give results sometimes

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. Search feature should work as long as what you enter in the search field exactly matches text on the record you are looking for but we agree it could be improved. I am sorry to hear you found initial learning curve difficult and would love to hear how we can make it easier. I will reach out directly to further discuss.

Jan R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Officewise

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Very nice program for handling many functions within your organization. Keeps track of inventory, allows you to create invoices, reports, banking, etc. Endless things to help keep your business organized and efficient.

Cons

It may not be as great as microsoft office or other apps because it tends to charge a higher monthly fee. But you could weigh your options versus the price to other software.

Jose C.
  • Industry: Design

Spendwise has helped with non-necessary expenses.

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

We used to manage office expenses in a very casual and non-itemized way. After implementing expenses into Spendwise we were able to see what subscriptions we were paying for, how costly our internet service had gotten over the years, and where we need to adjust budgets for business luncheons.

Cons

It would be nice if SpendWise offered more to their basic account offering as well as integrate a mobile app for when you are leisurely checking in on spending on the go.

Anna E.

Good software that we don't utilize enough!

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

My company mainly uses your software as a PO creation tool. I know that you have a lot of reporting and accounting tools and other tools that we don't use that we definitely could/should. The software works well for us to simply create POs with easy fill-in-the blanks for saved company names and information so multiple people can use it as an address book, essentially. We then have a record that shows all POs we've placed over time as well, across multiple users. What we don't use very well is the accounting tools - we don't really categorize or use the reports at all for accounting purposes. We have a whole accounting team who keeps track of that type of thing in Quickbooks. Our Operations team is who uses your software for the most part for ease of creating POs and also record keeping for basic PO information. Giving you 4 stars across the board for the product - it seems pretty user friendly in general. Maybe not enough tutorial type information, that could be helpful, but I haven't really gone looking for it. Giving you 5 starts for customer service because you were very responsive when I did have a question.

Pros

Pretty straightforward and clean

Cons

Could use more tutorials

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Anna! We would love for you guys to use Officewise for all of your accounting needs and think that you would like it much better than QuickBooks but we might be a little bias:). That said we have many customers who use our system along with QuickBooks like you do which is just fine too. I agree with your point about having more tutorials and other support tools, we are currently working on these things and will make them available within the next few months.

Jake I.

Great Application for Monitoring POs

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

OfficeWise is pretty easy to use, even if you aren't familiar with their UI. Everything is in the right place and has solid basic functionality.

Cons

Would like the ability to close multiple POs at once. No native support for Invoices to come through the system.

Response from Ryan

Thank you for your feedback. To close multiple POs at once please complete the following steps: 1) Log in to your account, 2) Click Purchase orders in left menu, 3) Check box to left of purchase orders you want to close, 4) Click on More button at top of page, and 5) Click Close in dropdown. Not exactly sure what you mean by no native support for invoices to come through the system but will follow-up with you to see if we can come up with a solution.

Scott M.
  • Industry: Textiles

huge improvement over our previous manual system

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

better order efficiency

Pros

1) approval process is now instantaneous. Previous manual system could take days. 2) I like the ability to search part numbers for repeat orders by part name or supplier.

Cons

does not provide system to maintain consistent part name / number so each user conforms to common system - which leads to duplicates

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Scott. To reduce the risk of duplication the system does prevent users from creating new items that have the same Item ID as an existing item but we understand sometimes that is not enough to prevent duplication. To further reduce risk and maintain consistency in part name/number we recommend limiting which users can add new parts through roles so that only certain authorized users can add new items. I will follow-up with you directly to show you how this can be done.

Gary W.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Using it daily

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

Items should be able to be changed like deleting that aren't being used and being able to change non invorty to invorty item

Pros

I can use it on my phone. Invorty can be tracked when used right

Cons

Not being able to delete items that were used or Duplicates

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Gary. If an item is not used in any transactions you should be able to delete and if it is used in a transaction you can make it inactive so it no longer shows up in dropdowns etc. Allowing users the ability to change items from non-inventory is something we have considered in the past and will revisit based on feedback from you and others. I agree we need a mobile app and we have plans for this. I like your idea about different pricing on items and will follow-up with you to further discuss.

Jake I.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy To Use PO System

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

Very Easy to Review Past POs
Great History Tracking
Easy to Create A New PO
Easy to Edit and Update a PO with New Information

Cons

Would like an option to print multiple POs at once
Needs better Invoice integration (Submit Invoice with PO)

Response from Ryan

Steve A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

It has helped to streamline our purchasing approval process.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

A More organized PO approval process.

Pros

The email notifications are nice because it is an easy for me to know when an approval is needed from me.

Cons

I would like for the PO's to show the current spend on a project along with the current budget for a project so that I can make sure we are spending within our project budgets.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback! For budget management we recommend using "Groups" for tracking spending on projects which will allow you to run budget to actual reports for the project and set over budget alerts that warn you if you are going over budget. I will follow-up with you directly to show you how these features work and further discuss how we can improve the system.

Kathy C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

User friendly

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

An excellent purchasing approval method. The software creates a great way to monitor purchasing.

Pros

The fact that it is very user friendly and supports what we need to capture purchasing and approvals for those purchases. Having the ability to download actual copies of the invoice is a plus, because it allows the approver to make a conscious decision in making an approval.

David S.

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

we use it mainly for Purchase orders etc. work very well, easy to use and share data with other users within the organization.

Pros

ease of use. clear concise and pleasant interface

Cons

limited pricing upgrade packages options for smaller organizations

Tracie R.

Easy to use and track purchases!

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

We are a small office site on the other side of the Country of Armenia corporate location. Having office wise makes submitting peels and receiving on them to our finance office like they're sitting in the next office down.

Cons

Wish there was a way to remind me to revive my po's through email or remind me when I log in. If there is it is not very easy to see.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Tracie! Our system does have a reminder feature that will notify you of purchase orders that are still pending your review. I will follow-up with you directly on how to activate the reminder feature.

Good product for needs

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Wonderful! I would recommend this to many offices!

Pros

Easy to use and makes billing easy. Fast and affordable. Streamlines many of my daily/weekly/monthly duties and needs.

Cons

Training and updates could be a little better. Confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it is easy.

Arifah H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Keeping Me Organized

Reviewed on 2016/12/07

Keeping organized is a valuable asset for m business. I do Arts & Crafts at many nursing homes through the area. Part of my business is to keep track of who owes me to ensure that I can keep a running flow of my supplies. Using your invoice with my limited assets allows me to keep track of my correspondences and classes. With the app loaded on my phone lets me check an invoice in a split second as needed. I have never experienced any site problems what so ever. All I can say is THANK YOU for your wonderful service, and I will recommend you to all of my clients/friends/family with businesses.

Pros

I haven't experienced any glitches with your systems.

Cons

I can't afford to upgrade to your higher programs yet. I really have no dislikes.

• Industry: Accounting

Great PO system!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

As our PO platform this has enabled us to generate PO's regardless of where we are and can easily submit to a manger for approval. It is a great platform.

Pros

We have been using Officewise for our PO needs and couldn't be happier. The ability manage the system is self explanatory. They have great customer service!

Cons

We have not had any issues with Officewise. The platform is straight forward and easy to use.

Chris B.

Officewise Dot Com

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

The free version is severely hampered by the lack of a search feature, which is a purchased feature only. Other than that, the site is quite useful and the feature robust.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Chris. Our plans are designed to meet the needs of different businesses mostly based on size and complexity. The Free Plan is designed for businesses that create a few purchase orders per month and you are right does not include the search feature. The Standard and Professional plans are designed for businesses that create more than a few purchase orders per month and both include the search feature. We offer the Free Plan to help businesses get off the ground and hope that as they grow they will see the value in upgrading to the Standard or Professional plan. I will follow-up with you directly with more information to see if upgrading to the Standard or Professional plan makes sense for your business.

Buenaventura H.

Officewise has so far been the easiest and most feature rich PO system I've used.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

It makes processing PO's quick and easy.

Pros

The system is mostly easy of use, feature rich and tech support is pretty quick to respond with assistance.

Cons

The software pricing could be a bit better and while easy to use there a few things that could make it more user friendly.

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Spendwise

Reviewed on 2020/07/12

My overall experience with Spendwise was good, It helps me know what I could buy and disapproved for what I couldn't so I wouldn't overdraw my account. I love that once it does approve for your items that you can send it to your vendors and the action is complete and simple.

Pros

The best and what I like most about Spendwise is that it keeps tracks of orders you may want and if you can afford them it helps you with budgeting or will just reject what you can't afford. I used this software for my daughters birthday gifts and it was a big help in keeping and organizing my budgeting. If your purchase is approved it sends it right to that vendor to get the order in.

Cons

The least I like about Spendwise is that eventually you have to pay I think $9 a month or so which I don't have that money or I wouldn't need this software to help me with purchases in the first place. I do believe that there is a free version though.

Ellen S.

We are all very happy with this solution

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

It makes it very easy to track our purchases and approval process.

Pros

It was easy to use and easy to implement. It does all we need it to do. We are very happy with this solution for the price. We did not need a real robust solution. Just something to track and communicate the company purchases. I only needed to call support once and I cannot really remember but I think it was a good experience.

Jarid A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

never had an issue

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

We get many benefits, It's a very organized way to submit PO's to others and keeps them very accessible from both ends

Pros

easy to use and straight forward, I easily can send a PO to the office to get things asap. It is very easy to search for old ones as well.

Cons

having to hit submit after hitting save after filling out a new PO. I wish it would have a pop up after hitting save, that would ask if you wanted to submit.

Joanna W.

I'm able to easily view, and approve invoices. As well as provide comments when needed.

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Easy invoice approvals.

Pros

It's easy to use, I get email notifications when I have an invoice to approve, I can clearly see what the invoice is for.

Cons

It's not very fun. It seems pretty basic as far as design and user interface. This isn't really a bad thing because it makes it easy to use, but I suppose it would be nice for it to look a little more modern or visually stimulating.

Michelle C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Other for Free Trial

A lot better Apps out there

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

I deleted it. Decided it was not practical for what I needed.

Pros

It is very easy to edit items without having to create new ones. It has a very simple interface and is easy to use.

Cons

There is very little you can do with a click of a button. So many better apps with less manual key-in entries.I

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our system and would love to speak with you about how we can make better. If you are open to further discussing your experience with Officewise please let us know when/how best to reach you or contact us at [email protected] or 1-855-906-3300.

Carla A.

Officewise

Reviewed on 2016/09/23

Recently started using this program, seems to be adequate and user friendly. My use of product consist of entering supply orders and obtaining approval from administration.

Pros

easy to use

Shiela may T.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Vend help me in my small business!

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Pros

Vend is good in making inventory of products, it also good in small and big business because all parts will be transparency, you can track in and out easily.

Cons

Nothing negative experienced so far it always meet my demand and expectation. Good job and nice!