Booksy Reviews

Booksy

Write a Review!
One solution for managing your calendar and your business.

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Michaela

Like a personal PA

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

They have 24/7 chat available so anytime I need to ask there is support.

They have 24/7 chat available so anytime I need to ask there is support.

Pros

Easy to use for me and client end. Message blast, easy acces to clients profile.

Cons

Creating double profile by clients when they set different email address when logging in.

Chris

Booksy Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Foxy has solve so many problems in my business that allows people to give me reviews pay a fair appointments in advance it text them emails them and make sure that I don’t have to spend my time answering phone calls and text

Pros

But I could use this as a point of sale versus paying for square and PayPal also that Clients could pay me in advance and I can vary the amounts

Cons

Help desk on different time zone, and constant emails

StyleSeat

Reasons for Choosing Booksy

Acuity Scheduling

Ease of use and cost
Laura

Disappointed with takeover of Genbook

Reviewed on 2022/07/17

Booksy took over Genbook quickly with very little warning. They did NOT make sure they had the same features in place before this, which made the transition challenging for clients as well as practitioners. They still have not added the features we needed. At a minimum I wish they would have made sure they could offer the same simple features of Genbook before the takeover.

Pros

They integrated my customers and reviews from Genbook when they purchased it. This was convenient... that said, many other things since have been a nightmare.

Cons

There are no options to send repeat or automatic reminder to clients. They collect client information and encourage them to sign up for "booksy" to get an appointment. Clients have a lot of trouble making appointments, often get frustrated, then reach out by email anyway. There are no options for resource management, room management, or group classes. There is no option to show the "buffer" time set on the calendar; this allows practitioners to accidentally overbook themselves, we worked around this by adding time on to the appointment time, but then clients contact us and ask if their session is actually 30 minutes longer than expected.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! Change is difficult, big or small, and it is never our intention to create confusion for you or your clients. Some of what you are describing we do have solutions for. Search "resources" in the Booksy Library or reach out to support via chat for tutorials on how to implement them in your Booksy.

Revolutionary product that makes life easier

Reviewed on 2022/07/31

It brings the supply and demand together in the market. I guess the simplest description can be this. Finding a place with the service I need and making an appointment has never been so easy.

Pros

First of all, great idea and product. It solves a big problem for everyone in everyday life. I can't express enough how Booksy improved my life quality by making appointments and reservations in the most simplified way. Moreover, it allows me to make a more informed decision as I can see other reviews. Filters and sorting helps a lot. I can't imagine my life now without Booksy.

Cons

I am a long term user so I can say that at the beginning UI/UX was not as intuitive. However, they do release product updates and improve the tool so I can't really complain.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! We love hearing from our long-time users and we're so glad our improvements have made a difference for you and your Booksy app experience.

• Industry: Human Resources

Definitely the best tool to book your haidresser!

Reviewed on 2021/05/22

Perfect! The mobile app works amazing and I can't imagine using another tool. Good job Booksy team!

Pros

I use this tool daily to book hairdressers, groomers, barber,s and beauticians. It works perfectly for me as I can choose time and place and price or reschedule and I don't have to call each place every time.

Cons

Not all the places are available at Booksy, but I hope it's only a matter of time. Apart from that everything works well for me!

Response from Booksy

Thanks for letting us know that your enjoying Booksy to book your services. We're so glad to hear it.

• Industry: Entertainment

Great on the inside but outside could use a little work

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

Pros

Booksy is super easy to use on the business side of things. It takes just a couple of minutes to set up and then you're good to go, customers can book their own appointments based on your availability.

Cons

I didn't experience this myself, but customers kept complaining about the interface being clunky, I had people go to my website and email saying "please can I just make an appointment without going through that website." Definitely not what you want in a system!

• Industry: Consumer Services

Small Business Savior

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Booksy is one of the three main components of my business' smooth start and quick success. Eliminating a Receptionist and now having direct access to my clients scheduling needs has allowed me to satisfy my clients and grown my business. Without Booksy owning my own business would definitely not be as easy, lucrative or enjoyable as it has been.

Pros

My clients, age range from teenagers to elderly, can easily navigate the software on whether on the Booksy App or Booksy.com.

Cons

I reviewed, downloaded and tried 5 different booking software/Apps before I chose Booksy. I have yet to find an aspect of Booksy I do not like.

Dwight
Dwight

Must have

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

Really good keeping up with analysis. So overall it's a valuable resource and must need.

Pros

The function on payment. I can charge a will or make clients prepay.

Cons

The freeze up at time and scheduling update load slow.

Kathryn Zochert
Kathryn Zochert
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Where is their support staff?

Reviewed on 2022/03/18

I was forced over to this product when GenBook was purchased. The support is terrible. It takes at least an hour to get a response from the chat, and sometimes, I get NO response even by the next day. Their online videos are useless to a new user who is just trying to switch over. Everything seems focused on salon usage, which is not how I use it.

Pros

I like that I can create a document to be completed by my clients right online when they create an appointment

Cons

I have no idea where or how to find the features I am used to. Documentation is lacking.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! We never want to leave anyone feeling like they can't get in touch with us. Checkout out our webinar series specifically for Genbook users coming to Booksy. They are a great platform to ask questions, get answers, and engage with the Booksy team.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Great booking software

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

booksy has great customer support so i am always able to get help with any features i do not understand

Pros

Covers everything i need with great customer support and with boosky boost for new clients

Cons

missing the ability to save emails to send to clients

Response from Booksy

Thank you for this great review! We're so glad you're enjoying using Booksy, that Boost is helping you find new clients in our Marketplace, and that our support team has been able to provide guidance when you have questions.

Priscilla

The worst app and business owners should be aware

Reviewed on 2022/03/16

I hate that Genbook merged with Booksy, they couldn’t have picked such a terrible software. Customer service is horrible, please don’t respond with “get in touch with [email protected]” because I ALREADY have and yet no response, mind you this was last week. My bank account has not been verified after almost 1 week and a half and I’ve been sending over numerous documents but nothing. I NEED to talk to someone over this issue because I’m potentially losing a lot of money especially with no shows. Don’t even get my started on every client has to give a deposit? Or at least that’s what I was told on the chat. Oh, and the chat.. you ask a question on the chat and get a response HOURS later.. like Business owners have that time? Anyways, these are my main points, I can go on. If you do respond, please let me know how I can get a refund since I paid Genbook.

Pros

I wish I could give them a pro but nothing

Cons

Pretty much everything a business owner can dislike about a app feature

Genbook

Reasons for Switching to Booksy

I did not choose Booksy, Genbook merged with them which was absolutely awful.

Response from Booksy

We're so sorry you've had this experience. You might check out our Genbook x Booksy webinar series. There, you can ask Booksy experts questions as they show you how to use the software.

Chantelle

Best Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

I love it. Its awesome! And the help is always friendly even when you have silly questions they are always willing to help.

Pros

I have used booksy a long time ago when they just started, then went back on the books and paper for a while, then they came to see me and i saw so many upgrades and features, i dont use any other apps, they are the best of the best in salon business, i can do anything and everything i need to. Amazing software, easy and user friendly. I LOVE IT!

Cons

I Have nothing negative to say.
Except for the gallery could be easier to use....
if you click on a pic and want to go back it takes you to the top again. if you could go back and stay where you are that would be great otherwise you have to keep scrolling down. or if they could add in sections in the gallery like example.. in the salon business. say you have a full service salon. in one folder Nails, in another folder , Hair, ect. that would be awesome. or to categorize the peoples images in the salon. for example.... (Me) Chantelle and all my images under my name in a folder separate from Dee or sons images. so that way everyone creates their own profiles.

Romy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Worst booking system ever used

Reviewed on 2023/03/06

Overall it was awful. I was billed incorrectly for a system error that was made and then my account got disabled. As a salon relying on appointments being able to operate I was left in an awful situation. I tried numerous attempts for assistance and I just got sent around in circles. Their system error had detrimental effects to my business and there was zero acknowledgment of this or apology.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing. It’s hard for me to find pros as I am so dissatisfied overall.

Cons

Terrible customer support. System errors and nobody to assist. They do not care about their customers!

Lisa

Dynamic Booking App

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have gained clientele because Booksy allows people to search barbers in their particular area. No more overwhelming text & calls about appointment schedules. Booksy is great in so many ways, I don't have enough time or space to explain why I love this app!

Pros

The ease of using Booksy is amazing. My clients like the reminders & the option to book right from their phone. I like that I can show pictures, create flyers, allow my clients to book through Instagram, and the list goes on. I definitely chose the right booking app.

Cons

The waiting list to connect to my bank.

Crystal

Great for ones who work alone.

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

My over all experience using this app is great I just don't really like you can't see what is pending to be deposited into your account I do not like that you cannot set a lunch time continuously and I am very upset that they took away the bounce back text messages but over all it's a great app to utilize if you work alone.

Pros

The pros of this software is that your clients can book 24 hours A-day 7 days a week with out a phone call you can apply a cancelation policy You can describe your services in full you can add a question that they have to answer before they can book that service it's a completely well rounded thought out software for someone who works alone.

Cons

I do not like that they took away the bounce back text messages so when someone would call and you couldn't get to the phone it would send them a text message where they could book their appointments I don't like that you can't set a set lunch time. And I do not like that you cannot see pending deposits. The way they have it set up is confusing

Elizabeth

Horrible Experience

Reviewed on 2022/07/11

Terrible. Please see "cons" section for details.

Terrible. Please see "cons" section for details.

Pros

Honestly, this was a terrible experience for our small business. We had been using Genbook, which was fine, but then they were bought out by Booksy and we were forced to switch.

Cons

Where do I start? It was difficult and clumsy for our therapists to manage their own schedules, both on the mobile app and on the desktop. Customers were not able to search for appointments with a specific therapist, and we were getting constant negative feedback from customers. You are not able to prevent last minute cancellations unless you sign up for payment processing with them, which is ridiculous. Also, we had very little control over certain settings: I had to call Booksy just to adjust our reminder notifications! Customer support was not great, particularly with the "chat" function. I often had to wait up to 15 minutes to get a response. Even cancelling this product was difficult! It had to be done over the phone, and I've called multiple times to try to stop them from continuing to send appointment reminders to customers even after we cancelled. This is still going on.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We're sorry Booksy did not meet your expectations as you transitioned from another software. We'd be happy to help implement Booksy and smooth out your transition if you like, just reach out to our 24/7 support via the in-app chat.

Kate

Booksy - for the Solo Barber

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

Great , easy to use product with some fantastic tools to make managing your business easier so you can focus on your customers.

Pros

I love being able to manage my diary and appointments on the go, create stylish advertising content, get reviews to boost your Brand. The deposit scheme is great if no shows are causing issues for your shop, and I found I built better relationships with clients for tracking their info and keeping better notes.

Cons

Sometimes making changes to working days / hours etc seems long winded and wasn't smooth running, but as long as you check carefully changes ae correct, I got there in the end.

Response from Booksy

Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review. We're so glad you're finding Booksy a valuable asset in running your business.

Freddy

Best booking serving

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Never had a problem what so ever. Would like a few changes on certain things but I love booksy.

Pros

How convenient it is for both the public and myself.

Cons

No complaints. Never had a problem with it.

Sadie

Best Booking Service!!

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

My overall experience with booksy has been awesome! Their customer service is quick and has my satisfaction in their forefront.

Pros

There is no back-and-forth conversation with the clients that are wanting to book. They simply go on there, they look for my open spots, they find the service they want and the app tells them whether there is enough time on that day for That particular service. They request to book it, I confirm it, and email is sent to them… Or a text… And then they are booked! It is as easy and simple as that!

Cons

If I had to look for a “Con” I would say that sometimes the clients don’t realize that I have to confirm the appointment. I have had one person come in thinking that she had an appointment when she had requested it late the night before and I didn’t see it to confirm it or decline.

Lafe

appointments made easy

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

This has made appointment setting very easy for my clients and I dont have to do anything but look at my schedule each day.

Pros

very easy to use for both the business and the client

Cons

can be confusing to clients when multiple employees are taking appointments

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Booksy

square wasn't very user friendly.
Jessa

Easy & Convenient. Time saving.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Pros

Clients get to book their appointment right through their phone anytime of the day. No waiting time for reply backs and miss calls, vice versa. Appointment reminders are amazing! There are no excuses for clients to "forget" their rendez-vous. I love the review options where my clients gets a notification to review my service right after. I like to use the Message Blast options for up coming promotions I offer..... I LOVE everything about Booksy! It made my life way more easy and convenient! My clients love it too!

Cons

The payments through the app isn't eligible in Canada yet! That's the only con for me. I'm waiting for the payment option to be eligible.

Kariem
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Glass cuts by Memphis

Reviewed on 2022/11/09

It’s a great app just has a few quirks to work out

It’s a great app just has a few quirks to work out

Pros

The app is great it helps me keep everybody in order and to create a smooth operating system so I can get everybody out with ease.

Cons

The only dislike I truly have is that it takes a while to get problems sorted out through customer service and that there is no notification there is no email or text message to the business end of the communication if I don’t have my eyes on the app I want to see who is booking or be notified if someone knew his boat

Response from Booksy

Thanks for the great feedback! We'd love to know more about your experience. When you have a moment, please reach out so we can look into it.

Chic Irene

Hate it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Nothing

Nothing

Pros

It's an online booking service.

Cons

It crashes constantly. My clients have trouble booking. My clients end up calling me to schedule because the app crashes so much. Customer Service hasn't fixed or rectified my complaints. I'm currently looking for a new booking application. High priced.

Response from Booksy

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience with us. We understand that occasional glitches have happened in the past with new updates and, while we try to minimize these as much as possible, we apologize for how this has affected your business. Although you are looking for other booking solutions, we would love to speak with you directly to better address your needs at this point in time.

Mary Jane

Hands down, the best app for scheduling and graphics! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

More clientele!

More clientele!

Pros

I love that my clients can book directly online and that they get reminders for their appointments! I love the gallery I can post of my work and that my clients can post reviews for all potential clients to see! It really allows me to put my best foot forward when trying to get new clientele. The customer service is spot on and they respond to your issues in minutes. Best app and customer service for the business owner!

Cons

I wish it had the functionality to allow me to create my own flyers. While I like the flyers they create for me, I would like to be able to choose templates for specials I might be having.

Ashley

So happy I left paper book scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Taking up time going back an forth with clients trying to book them is over!!!!

Taking up time going back an forth with clients trying to book them is over!!!!

Pros

The promotions and confirmations are life savers !

Cons

Sending thank you to clients after service and having a reminder to review them at same time . Also having a section when clients book to slow them to ask questions (about color ext. and allow them to send us a photo of there hair ( that’s so helpful for consulting purpose )