Booksy Reviews

Booksy

Mobile calendar management & appointment scheduling

4.7/5 (117 reviews)
Denise P.

Great company to work with and excellent software scheduling program.

Reviewed on 2017/05/29

Scheduling. I appreciate this software in that it incorporates resource rooms.

Pros

The layout is user-friendly and has many options and functionality. The help staff are always on top of inquiries and are very, very kind.

Cons

This software needs to implement an SMS calendar function integration (like Cronofy) to integrate with other calendars and automatically push reminders through to Gmail, etc. Also, the business app does not push reminders through of appointments. A user must hand-enter the appointment through the "add to calendar" link by re-opening the appointment after it has been scheduled and including details such as the name of the staff, etc., as well as who will be included on the appointment notification.

Zahira G.

3 years and counting...

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Booksy makes my life less complicated. I love it!

Pros

I love that I don't have to stop between appointments to answer the phone or to look in my agenda . Booksy is my receptionist. All my clients learned how to use it and they love it

Cons

It doesn't have a waiting list. I'm constantly booked and sometimes my clients will ask me if I can call them if someone cancel an appointment if I Dont write a list I will always forget who ask for a spot as soon as is available . I will absolutely love if Booksy can manage to send a notification to a list of clients that set themselves up on a waiting list. ;)

Nicola D.

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I have really enjoyed using booksy, I can use it on the go when clients phone and I'm not at the salon. It's been really easy to use I have only had 2 problems with it and was fixed within 5 minutes. I know I don't have to stress when I'm away and my staff members won't struggle with using it.

Pros

This software is easy to use, can be used on a pc, tablet or phone. Clients find it easy for booking online. If there is a problem the support is always there and quick to respond

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was more managing software for staff wages and etc so I wouldn't have to pay extra for another software system. Also wish that you didn't have to always have a clients email to send receipts wish it could send to the cellphone number and lastly it needs capabilities for voucher functions

Jessa M.

Easy & Convenient. Time saving.

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Pros

Clients get to book their appointment right through their phone anytime of the day. No waiting time for reply backs and miss calls, vice versa. Appointment reminders are amazing! There are no excuses for clients to "forget" their rendez-vous. I love the review options where my clients gets a notification to review my service right after. I like to use the Message Blast options for up coming promotions I offer..... I LOVE everything about Booksy! It made my life way more easy and convenient! My clients love it too!

Cons

The payments through the app isn't eligible in Canada yet! That's the only con for me. I'm waiting for the payment option to be eligible.

Mary jane M.

Hands down, the best app for scheduling and graphics! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

More clientele!

Pros

I love that my clients can book directly online and that they get reminders for their appointments! I love the gallery I can post of my work and that my clients can post reviews for all potential clients to see! It really allows me to put my best foot forward when trying to get new clientele. The customer service is spot on and they respond to your issues in minutes. Best app and customer service for the business owner!

Cons

I wish it had the functionality to allow me to create my own flyers. While I like the flyers they create for me, I would like to be able to choose templates for specials I might be having.

Chris H.

Excellent Convenient App

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I love the way that there is constant development, and improvement since i first joined 2 years ago.
The app has allowed me more room for quality time with clients, as customers can schedule appointments at their own convenience, without interfering with consultation sessions.

Pros

The app is extremely user-friendly and advances on a monthly basis.
The support is always friendly and very responsive.

Cons

Nothing really, as I said there are so many things still to come and to add, which is extremely exciting.

Ross K.

Booksy user for over 2 years

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

I had over 100 clients before booksy which meant I had to communicate with all of them to get them booked into times they could make.

We now have over 500 clients with 3 barbers and everyone is extremely happy with the app and the way booking has evolved.

Pros

It’s helped me organise my business and ultimately my life, Very easy to use.

Cons

That you couldn’t book from overseas and that you couldn’t enter clients into a waiting list when full.

Both have been amended by booksy, brilliant.

Martin C.

My personal / professional opinion

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I have been able to resolve the response time from customers that are trying to book an appointment with me and i have been able to focus more on my work and family because i don't have to keep checking my phone to see who is texting or calling for a appointment.

Pros

I like how easy it is for my customers to set up an appointment without the hassle of waiting for me to respond because i am busy i get at the barbershop.

Cons

There is nothing that i don't like about this product.

Keith P.

Booksy has saved me so much time and helped me to put my career in professional prospective!

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

it gave me more time to complete other business related tasks.

Pros

The simplicity in which it gives for my customers to use with and the sure convenience that it provides in regards to keeping my schedule in a timely manner

Cons

It doesn't let you singularly set your schedule or customize it once you set your schedule its locked every day sometimes you need to change up your hours and I don't see were you can do that.

Robert F.

I love Booksy

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Before Booksy, I'd never had an appointment system. I'd tried a few before, but found they were more trouble than what they were worth.
Booksy has made my life, and my customers life, a lot easier.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Not only for the owner, but also for the customers.
I'm not tech savvy at all. Yet I found it very easy to use. Any problems I did come up against, the support team helped me through straight away.

Cons

I can't say I dislike anything about it. I would like to suggest some extra features. Like the ability to add multiple locations, and to be able to have different prices for different times.

Curtis W.

Personal assistant

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Booksy is solving an over crowding issue..let's me enjoy my clients time versus rushing. Booksy also allows me to have a flexible schedule due to my family needs...

Pros

It makes the client and barber relationship better...

Cons

When someone books multiple appts at once sometimes it will split the bookings depending on a prior booking...a email should be sent to let the client know or some type of warning...

Lew S.

Chop Shop 25Eighh

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

They help us when we need them. We are able to handle our day to day and provide a great service for our clients when our clients need and want an appointment.

Pros

It helps me run my business without having to respond to every phone call received. My clients who use it say it's easy to use. Very self explanatory for the customer and consumer. You are able to set a cancellation fee and no call no show fee. The marketplace is cool even the split on first time clients is responsible. I will continue to use booksy as my appointment setting app."

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was how long it took for me to get use to the app. Which was my third appointment app and is hands down still the best.

Courtney H.

Giving the consumer total access

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

Booksy is easy to use. Customers are able to book online appointments and track their transactions. As a merchant, I am pleased with the flexibilty in its functions. If customers want to book appointments after hours they are able to without any problems. I highly recommended this app for beauty professionals as well as any scheduled based merchants!

Cons

There aren't any cons when using this app. Simplicity has made this app grow tremendously! Appointments are definitely made easy when using booksy!

Victor M.

Best app available!

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Any questions, comments, or concerns that I have ever had was addressed immediately. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the Booksy app. My clients love it as well as it sets precedence for client/professional relationship.

Pros

I am extremely pleased with the Booksy app. My time is money and the less I have to worry about especially as a business owner, the better it is for me. All I have to do is show up to work and Booksy does the rest.

Cons

No real issues. The app is user friendly on both ends and is extremely easy to use !

Oscar R.

Best and easiest appointment app available!

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

Pros

How amazing and easy you can organize your clients. The reminders to you clients.
Easy booking. How easy it is to move an appointment. That you can block unwanted clients.

Cons

You can't select your own color themes.
When your clients select a time they can only choose increments of 15 min leaving spaces in between if you have odd timed services.

Taneka W.

The best App EVER!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

Booksy freed up my time and organized my life. It allows my clients to schedule without stopping me from working. It sends reminders of their appointments to i rarely have no-shows. I have a salon suite in my home but booksy still gives me clients a sense of security that they are walking into a professional environment.

Cons

The only thing i don't like is that when clients pay through the app it debits their account immediately, but takes a day or two to hit my account.

Princetyre L.

Barbers on booksy

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Love it thanks it’s made a world a difference in my barbering

Pros

Works flawless, takes literally 1 min for clients to set up. Once that’s done they can set repeat appointments in seconds. I can also keep track of my money easier.

Cons

Eh I don’t really know what to say it’s a decent tool. It may be a couple but nothing that stands out

Donell B.

Life has been simplified because of booksy

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Overall i am very satisfied with booksy and the way it has provided me more time to grow and execute in my business.

Pros

That it helps me stay focused on my passion and purpose and not be bothered with a lot of individuals or be interrupted when working.

Cons

trying to get my barbers on to be able to use as a whole team, it was pretty difficult.

Nathan M.

Simple, effective, efficient, everything you need

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Quick easy booking management and access, advertising and promotion ease... just amazing service overall... any issues that may arise are always met in a timely manner and dealt with right away... and if you're lucky, reps will respond 😉😁

Pros

Makes booking and statistics seamlessly easy to acquire and manage

Cons

Sometimes glitchy for my clients even after updates

Amie B.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

The ease of use for myself and my clients booking treatments in. The logging of client data is very efficient and helpful when needing to track treatments and client progress.

Cons

The only improvement I would like to see is a client loyalty system which I believe is in the pipeline.

Tanita W.

Love love love

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Booksy keeps all my records for me and allows me to communicate with my clients easily. It also keeps my financial records together.

Pros

I love the fact that I do not have to worry about overbooking myself.

Cons

It has its technical bug errors as many apps do but it usually doesn’t last long.

Keri G.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

The business problems that I am solving is me having to constantly squeeze people in and this helps manage my book accordingly so I do not overwork myself. The great experiences that I'm getting is I am spending less time on the phone confirming appointments and looking through my book because all I have to do is just hit the confirm button.

Pros

My clients can book 24/7 & at their convenience. All I have to do is just hit the confirm button which makes my life a 100 times less stressful

Cons

So far I did not find anything that I dislike about this software. The person who created it is absolutely brilliant and I thank you.

Kenneth M.

Happy Master Barber

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I don't have to worry about setting up appointment its done by booksy I really enjoy this app for years now

Pros

Every thing its great I would like a notification when someone books a appointment

Cons

No notifications when someone books it really needs to have one

Small Business Savior

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Booksy is one of the three main components of my business' smooth start and quick success. Eliminating a Receptionist and now having direct access to my clients scheduling needs has allowed me to satisfy my clients and grown my business. Without Booksy owning my own business would definitely not be as easy, lucrative or enjoyable as it has been.

Pros

My clients, age range from teenagers to elderly, can easily navigate the software on whether on the Booksy App or Booksy.com.

Cons

I reviewed, downloaded and tried 5 different booking software/Apps before I chose Booksy. I have yet to find an aspect of Booksy I do not like.

Khuzaymah P.

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Overall awesome experience with this app and great customer service.
Thanks Booksy

Pros

The ability to continue servicing clients without interruption, new clients can find you with ease.

Cons

Somedays clients get bumped to a different day without them realizing if there time slot is full. When you put clients into your client books it doesnt add them. A mass message black to new clients would also be nice