Fiix Reviews

Fiix

Fiix is your fastest path to better maintenance.

4.5/5 (231 reviews)

Fiix CMMS

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

I was able to organize all the manufacturing plant equipment and daily work and PM’s quickly and efficiently.
The work done on the plant went from being a chaotic problem to a very organized and planned program that has resulted in record production outputs by the plant.
Furthermore, we now have historical information and can plan rather than wait for a problem (Predictive Maintenance), and order appropriate levels of spare parts.
The application comes out of the box (Web-based), with ALL the ”modules,” so there is no additional components to buy. Parts, vendors, Purchase Orders, are all part of the application.
As if this was not enough, Fiix comes with a mobile app that works with any phone. I can enter new Work Orders as I do my inspections every day and the assigned tech gets it immediately to get the machine back to work.
The tech enters the data on his/her phone and moves on to the next WO or task.
Work is logged, the time recorded, and the equipment is updated with the new information, time down, work performed, parts used, hour meter information and the appropriate people are notified via email, text or both, as you desire.
Photos and documents can be quickly attached to the work orders and equipment to give the techs detailed information about the work to be done, schematics or OEM specific instructions.
My experience with Fiix has been phenomenal and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Pros

I like just about everything about Fiix.
The application is straightforward to use, and although I have an IT background, I can see how easy it would be easy for anyone to use it.
After we purchased the software, it took me hours not days to quickly set it up, and I was up and running.
Yes, CMMS takes time to set up, and it requires much forethought and planning, but Fiix is ready to use the day you buy it, and all you have to do is enter your equipment data, and you can start creating work orders immediately.
Did you forget to enter one piece of equipment? No problem, you can add it on the fly at any time.
The app is easy to understand and use, and the support from Fiix is A+, one if the best I have ever experienced.
Answers to questions, fixes to problems (I had very few, and most were self-inflicted), are quickly answered by Fiix support. in my opinion, Fiux is a top contender.

Cons

Not much. I cannot think of anything I dislike about Fiix.

Claudio jr Z.

It is a great help to us especially when it comes to equipment monitoring and maintenance.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

I have gained knowledge in terms of proper monitoring of an asset in which my company benefits. Innovation on the system of maintenance it is a big help for us in many terms such, inventory, repairs, life span of equipment, even certificate also monitored in the software. The big impact to us is we lessen the downtimes especially in the operations. And the equipment schedule PMS the system will remind the team for the due and classification of the particular repair to be executed. We are very pleased know a days even we have not perfectly or 100% utilized the features of the software but we appreciate the development in our operations, manpower skills and coordination. For me overall I am very lucky that I am using or my company subscribe this software.

Pros

My experience I like most in software is that it's very systematic and detailed especially on our assets. Maintenance rely on the system at the present even minor problem already assess by the team and encoded to the system for future use/traceability. And there are updates we received or inputs from the software for upgrades and improvement for the team.

Cons

Honestly not all features in the system we are using as of the moment, the team focussed only in the maintenance side on the available data in which necessary to our operation. All assets of the company were already encoded in the system and monitored thru the software. There are occasions or times that all our data lost in the system we do not know what's the reasons, maybe once a month since we used the software. But, back in our mind maybe a connection failure or maintenance service in the system because after a day all data's are available, we will experience these during a week before month end in which during our kpi's in the department. This is least like for me.

Dennis M.

Can't imagine how we ever operated without it!

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

Solid app on desktop and mobile, excellent how-to guides and support, great tracking and reporting. We used a clunky Access-based work order system for a number of years - virtually no reporting, confusing WO process, no mobile. With MA we have a smooth work order flow, easy tracking, scheduled maintenance reminders, calendar view of WOs and tasks, mobile access for our techs at the work site, ability to attach images and documents to an asset for in-the-field access, purchase order creation from business contact database and asset info, and so much more. So many configuration options - I was a bit worried at first, but MA's helpful video guides and live support was excellent. Overall, it was much easier than I had expected. I had the system up and running in short order, with multiple departments and locations, and our teams love it!

Pros

Solid app on desktop and mobile, excellent how-to guides and support, great tracking and reporting. Smooth work order flow, easy tracking, scheduled maintenance reminders, calendar view of WOs and tasks, mobile access for our techs at the work site, ability to attach images and documents to an asset for in-the-field access, purchase order creation from business contact database and asset info, and so much more.

Randy C.

Smart device friendly

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We've been using Maintenance Assistant for a number of years now, and I am very pleased with how it has been integrated with the smart device explosion that is currently going on.
Everywhere you go, a handheld device is being used for data capture and processing.
In our tiny amusement park, it's trying to convince the users of MA to use the phones, that they already use for everything else, for the maintenance recording and tracking of the rides and systems that we must operate, check and repair daily. It is a learning experience, and will be helpful when all are on board and can better utilize all the features that MA has to offer.
It's a mindset that we have to crack, and I know that MA has the ability/features to help reach our goals.

Pros

The ability to track all facets of a piece of equipment. From parts inventory, to hours needed for a certain task/repair.

Cons

hard to say, it just works....
If I would have to say would be creating a work order. It's easy to create one, but trying to fill in all the correct fields, and make it searchable for later review.
Not the fault of MA, just the users knowledge on how to set it up, and keep it simple.

Ewen L.

The Be all and End all of Planned Maintenance

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

Being in the food supply industry we are for ever being Audited. The biggest major non-comformance for us was having no written planned maintenance where we could prove that all machienery was being mainteained to a high standrad to eliminate breakdowns.
After an extensive web search we decided to take on the free MACMMS system and quickly got to grasps with its functionality. After the install and setup came the first audit we were on tender hooks as we took the auditor through the system after a hour long scrutineer the auditor was happy and announced we, the process engineering department had passed with flying colours.
After a brief discussion with management we upgraded to the next level and started using the system to capture breakdowns as well as scheduled maintence to build up a complete history of each individual piece of kit.
We have now rolled it out to two other enineering departmenst with in the company using the sites package and are busy putting together the parts stores for each site.
If you are looking for a planned maintenance package that meets all your requirments and will grow as you do then you can do no better than downloading this software package with the knowledge that the team behind will assist you every step of thne way.

Pros

Adaptability, ease of setup, continued evolution, listening to customer feedback and improving the systen based on that feedback

Cons

Cant change the colour of the page

Yoginatha S.

Reviewed on 2013/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

On 372 acres, less than five miles from an extinct volcano, Kauai's Hindu Monestary is the home to 20+ monastics. Here we manage a world congregation and publish an international magazine, "Hinduism Today". We care for the land and buildings, grow much of our own food, and have just installed a 30KW photovoltaic system. We have five tractors, four utility vehicles, a skid steer, a construction loader/backhoe, a "Mini" excavator and hundreds of other assets. All of this requires maintenance, from the largest machine down to the smallest garden bed, and it is all managed through the use of Maintenance Assistant (MA) CMMS.

The monastics use the relational database management system and IDE "4D" for much of their accounting, inventory, member and student data and mailing lists. For many years, it's calendar component was also used to manage and schedule the monastery maintenance until the programming became too much of a burden due to a constantly expanding and changing maintenance need. Also, many much needed aspects such as metering and parts inventory had not been programmed into the 4D system, representing additional programming burdens.

Then monks searched for something relatively simple, inexpensive, and effective - they found MA CMMS. They started with MA version V3.0 in 2009. The initial changeover of hundreds of assets and routines was time consuming, but relatively easy once the overall structure was assimilated. The program works admirably well for an incredibly diverse range of routines. The MA staff was amused to find that the monks even entered the schedules for planting and harvesting kale, swiss chard, and a range of other vegetables; as well as the picking of the many varieties of tropical fruit on the property as each one comes "on-line". Learning to use MA by the maintenance team was not a long stretch from the original system and was quick and easy.

One of the greatest boons in the changeover to and development of the program, was the availability of the MA support team. Suggested changes and bug reports have been handled quickly, sometimes overnight, and they have worked closely with the monastics at every step of the program implementation. They have made what could have been a difficult task a relatively simple and smooth transition. MA has opened doors which would have otherwise remained closed, and provides a bright future for the continued expansion and maintenance of this small Hindu monastery on the Garden Island of Kauai.

Tara C.

The best solution around

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

We have been using the software for a few years now. Prior to using MA CMMS we had a paper based system. Our business had grown to the point it was no longer possible to sufficiently manage the workflow manually. In looking for solutions we found MA CMMS. After a test drive of the system, we were very pleased with the functionality it offered and its ease of use. The system allows us to better manage our resouces . We can track inventory within the system which assist us in the billing process. There are several adhoc reports that provide useful information that we find helpful in doing predicative maintenance of systems we maintain. And it also provides data that is useful in system operation. And on top of that, it was very affordable compared to any other option we looked at. We are very pleased with the product and the customer service they offer. We look forward to a long working relationship with MA.

Pros

Ability to track parts used; assist in balancing work load among staff members; notification of status changes; reports

Cons

I find the mobile app a little confusing; may have too many comments fields. User sometimes is not sure where to put comments - doesn't appear to line up with online system.

Richard K.

Maintenance tracking based off mileage or hour trigger

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

OK

Pros

Work order tracking is great. Ability to view and track open work orders works well.

Cons

There is no way to get a report for, say all vehicles their current mileage and next trigger so someone can review and plan ahead when maintenance will come due. It is difficult to go into the maintenance folders of each vehicle to get the information. I currently use a separate spread sheet to track my mileage Fiix is only use the send work orders.

5.0/10
Yuji M.

MY EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH THE FIIX

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

IN GENERAL THE FIIX IS A VERY GOOD TOOL FOR THE TYPE OF WORK THAT WE MAKE

OUR COMPANY SELLS, INSTALLS, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR AIR CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT

WE ALSO SELL PARTS AND AIR CONDITIONING SPARE PARTS

ALL LOGISTICS OF WORK CONTROL, OUR CLIENTS 'HISTORY, INVENTORY CONTROL OF OUR PARTS STORAGE, EQUIPMENT PURCHASING REQUIREMENTS, PARTS AND SPARE PARTS CAN BE PERFECTLY HANDLED WITH THE FIIX

Pros

IT IS A VERY VERSATILE PLATFORM THAT ALLOWS ME TO ORGANIZE AND GIVE FOLLOWING EFFECTIVELY TO EVERYTHING RELATED TO MY WORK

Cons

THE ONLY INCONVENIENCE I HAVE HAD IS ABOUT THE CREATION OF REPORTS

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO CREATE A REPORT. I REFER TO THE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

WHEN I AM CREATING A REPORT AND I MAKE A TEST I HAVE AN ERROR IN THE PROGRAMMING, THE SYSTEM ONLY INFORMS ME THAT THERE IS A MISTAKE BUT DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY TRACK OF WHAT IS THE ERROR THAT I HAVE COMMITTED

John J.

From Basic to First-in-class

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

Utilizing the maintenance software to designate assets, setup PMs, submit work requests, create work orders, and analyze maintenance encompasses our use. I have found the software most useful to get the repair request information to the right folks. Being able to have work request alerts go to multiple emails advises many of impending repairs.
Features such as the scan code, which works well with smart phones, enables the work orders to be quickly found and the asset verified.
We have not even scratched the surface of the power available in this software!

Pros

Ease of use, basic up to elaborate use depending on your needs.

Cons

I will need more time to explore and learn the use of features before commenting on shortcomings.

Eric P.

Outstanding value. Gives us the capabilities we need.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Regular preventive maintenance is what has given us 100% up time over the past 12 months. Fiix (formerly Maintenance Assistant) is key to ensuring all preventive maintenance tasks are performed regularly.

Pros

Great value for the money. Cloud based so there are no hardware expenses. iPhone and Android applications make clearing work orders easy. Very reliable - it's never not worked. We use the product to create preventive maintenance work orders to ensure the reliability of the city public safety radio system. The facilities include AC units, UPSs, and various types of RF equipment that need to be regularly inspected or tested. It's the perfect product for this purpose.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated - some of which is simply due to it being browser/cloud based rather than a stand-alone application.

Rashid A.

Great increase in productivity

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We've been using MA CMMS for over a year and the transformation has be great for productivity and overall work management from general maintenance to project management. Since we didn't have any system in place beforehand, there was a lot of work that needed to be done in order to build our CMMS. Out of the box, MA CMMS is ready to go, but your organization isn't, so that's where the real work of adding all of your assets, staff and maintenance schedules goes into it. Once that's done it's very easy for all of my team to use and update as they go along. I then get notified whenever any work order is completed, or if there are any pending issues which need to be looked at. The features in MA CMMS are great because they are flexible, although we do some facility management, our main area is in Broadcast Engineering and MA CMMS easily adapts to our specific field with options for various customizations. I would highly recommend to any organization that needs a CMMS or wants to shift to an easy cloud-based solution like this one.
My only issue with MA CMMS is with the mobile app, it needs significant improvement and at its current state is barely useable. Although the company does offer API access and further custom made solutions, many of the required 'custom' features that we would need could be put into the existing platform. I look forward to seeing future updates and improvements.

Pros

Easy to use, ready to go "out of the box"

Cons

The mobile app needs improvement

David M.

Our Experience with Fiix has been great. The software works, easy to setup and get started.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Easy and fast management of the daily tasks of a very busy Maintenance Department.

Pros

The application is very intuitive, easy to learn and easy to use.
The application is very fast; creating a work order takes 15 seconds or less. Even when adding documents to a work order, (such as schematics, drawings or guidebooks), the application is fast and works very well in Mobile.
The application is very powerful, and has many features that assists me in the fine tuning of the managing of the Maintenance Department. Equipment, Technicians, vendors, parts, and purchasing management, all can be done easily using Fiix.
The application is very easy to install; there is no set-up time from the standpoint of IT. You pay the fee, you access the software, set up your equipment and techs, and start creating work orders; that easy. I had the program running with the basics and creating work orders the first day I was given access to it.

Cons

It is not free?
Seriously, I do not have any complaints so far, nor have I run into something I cannot do. Time will tell.

Kent H.

Keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

I was fortunate enough to be part of the Beta testing for MACMMS (can I still get it for free??) so I have seen most of the improvements come through and it indicates to me they are dedicated to continuous improvement and dedication to their customers.

Pros

Fiix is really easy to learn. Interface is very user friendly and easy to navigate. Easy and intuitive customization to function however you need.

Cons

Report writing function could be a little easier. Maybe add hoverable descriptions for each report, there are so many similar reports it can be confusing although there are many more reports available now than ever. Changing the name was an issue since we referred to "Maintenance Assistant" in several SOPs integral to our Food Safety Management System and had to go through and change all those references.

Paul K.

Good CMMS Product; Lots of features

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

We have a better handle on routine maintenance. In addition, the late work order report helps keep maintenance on a more timely schedule.

Pros

Very versatile. Lots of features. Having the ability to include asset pictures and attach documentation is a great feature. Creating scheduled maintenance is straight forward. Relatively simple and uncomplicated for users to complete and close out work orders. Also, having parts locations identified in the system is a nice feature.

Cons

The system will not let me link to documents on our internal network; this means I have to have duplicate documents on the Fiix cloud. There is a lot of work to set up user, page and menu permission (though that kind of comes with the territory using a database)

Ewen L.

FIIX software was easy to setup and implement. My engineers have taken to it like a duck to water.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Have not failed an internal or external audit since it was installed.
Breakdowns have gone down since its implementation

Pros

Being able to track how many times an asset needs repairing
The ability to move assets from site to site
Seeing at a glance how each site is performing with regards to schedule maintenance and breakdowns
Keeping track of costs and parts being being used
Ease of each engineer preparing for task for the week ahead
Being able to run out reports for audits
Proving to auditors that each asset is being maintained in a timely manner
Software is constantly updated
Backup support is proactive and respond within a day every time

Cons

Not being able to change the dashboard colours

Arpad N.

Kisco Foods Ltd

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

The best maintenance software what I ever seen (out of 4 or 5), only negative point, slightly difficult and takes for a while to get used to it. Therefore our management have no idea what it is capable (lot more than what we use it for so far). So I have to spend a fair bit of time to explain things over and over again. Also the mobile applications has inconsistency, which means we have to choose our portable devices very carefully.

Pros

Lots of feature, most of pretty useful. Adoptable and works in "pieces" , works well in a small organisation as ours.

Cons

Takes time to get used to it, different features on different mobile platforms.

John L.

I have been FIXX'd

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

We are AS9100 and ISO9001 certified and FIXX has been very well received in audit reviews and another tool to track and correct audit findings.

Pros

Ease of use! Data entry easily transforms task lists to scheduled maintenance procedures. Fixx also allows for machine relocation and assignment. Reports have been easy to provide to answer any questions regarding Maintenance functions, a wide rage of report templates are available. We are a small operation and have not needed the expanded version, that being said, I have used similar programs at other sites and FIXX by far has been the most user friendly system I have used.

Cons

I have some limitations on printing maintenance tasks, its a formatting issue. Tasks are emailed to users and available by logging in to the program, so we have little need for printing.

Justin H.

Fiix- the affordable Maintenance Software Solution

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Our maintenance, safety, and security supervisory staff has grown by 300% in the last 5 years. From 1.5 FTE overseeing several hundred staff members and 20 locations and now nearly 1000 staff members and 40 locations. Fiix is what keeps our team on the same page even when we are running in so many different directions on a daily basis. Fiix is becoming the back bone of our departments and is helping us support our sales and ops teams in a way we just could not have done before.

Pros

Fiix, has been a great platform for our team to start building a true maintenance program. It has all the features we want and need to perform like some of the biggest maintenance departments out there. It saves our team time in the field and prevents communication errors and duplicate work. Fiix has quickly paid for it self.

Cons

It would be great if the staff at Fiix would offer a complete walk through training. It took us a while to find out how to use some of the features and a better introduction process and re-training opportunities would be ideal.

Andrew W.

Quick learning curve and nice features overall. Makes our team more productive.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Pros

The ability to see the needs of our people as soon as the requests are made and the communication stream that is started is very important. For me to be able to immediately prioritize and assign the work to the proper technician is helping our team be more efficient. It used to take a day or two for a work order to make it from the requester to the proper technician and the requester was not always certain he received it. Now the emails are sent as soon as the request is submitted and we can communicate quickly and put everyone at ease.

Cons

Not being able to attach photos in the mobile app is a little disappointing. I thought there was one update that included that feature, but we are still mostly happy with the product.

Ljubomir J.

Maintenance in our hands

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

This tool is essential when it comes to our core business support and we are using it in different areas.

Helpdesk tool helps us connect to our internal customers.

Equipment and buildings data are kept as an information for maintenance personnel and contracted services in order to better plan and execute work orders.

Reminders are set for periodical maintenance and inspection actions that help plan and development of good preventive and prediction maintenance plan.

In addition, we use the application for cost tracking and also budgeting expenses.

Pros

Ease of use.
Mobile application (iOS/Android).
Uptime.
Development.

Cons

Helpdesk features need improvement.
Change packages in order to increase pricing.

Francisco javier R.

Maintenance management at hand

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Ease of use, Customer service, reports, etc. In fact the CMMS is really simple and efficient. I've been SAP PM Key user for 8+ years before using Fiix and almost everything you need for maintenance management is really at hand. The software's inherent customization is impresive.

Cons

Integration with ERP, I don't know if that is possible, sometimes and ins some parts of the software the translation is not very accurate, or hasn't been translated at all and as I'm in Chile our technicians aren't fluent in English and that can create certain confusion

Bryan C.

This has been exactly what we wanted for a price we were willing to pay.

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Tracking and reporting on work requests. Asset tracking and preventative maintenance scheduling.

Pros

The import utility for this software will get you to a fully functioning facility management system to take work requests and track assets. Very easy to use and lots of valuable data on the completed work done by your department. The preloaded reporting is great. We have been extremely happy with this software.

Cons

The custom report writer will take some time to learn if you're not familiar with it. Being able to attach a file to a guest submitted report would be nice.

Ben R.

I have had a great experience during the purchasing phase and getting up and running.

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Ease of getting up and using the software and getting out work orders. Very reasonably priced which made it easy to sell to upper management as opposed to buying a customized software system.

Pros

Ease of getting up and running and using the software. Adaptability to set up and customize to your particular business.

Cons

Wish there were samples/screenshots showing how other users set up and customize things to their liking. Share ideas so that in the process of setting up assets (and such) you can then think through the process before committing to a certain path of execution. Maybe even some type of user group.

Gregory T.

Very powerful tool.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

I am able to eliminate the need to store data and reports on our internal network. Everyone can go to the site and see all the work that's been performed on an asset.

Pros

I like the amount of Historical Data it stores. Amount of data I can enter for a part, asset, location. I like how it links everything to an asset, work orders, PMs, spare parts, BOMs.

Cons

I can't use a barcode scanner at a desktop computer to locate a spare part. I need to use a phone or tablet. It takes a lot of effort to train and educate employees on how to use it religiously. Spare part counts are always off. Comments on work reports are lacking/missing. Report writing is difficult; this should be set up more like creating a filter. I wish I could get technical support without the Fiix team always trying to sell me something. I want more people to use it, but buying licenses for each is expensive for the little amount of time each would use it.