Mary L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great product for tracking loaner equipment

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

I've just started using the program for my workcenter after switching from another program. It took a little getting used to because it was different than my other program but I am enjoying it now. The main point is that I know where my gear is and that is very important!

Pros

This software is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It allows my organization to make checkout and reservation records as well as keep details on all of our loaning gear. I like that it is easy to customize information on your own or with their help. Support is very helpful if needed.

Cons

Nothing at this time. I like the software.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for your 5 stars review of CHEQROOM! I'll share it with the entire team, it'll make their day :-)

Kevin B.
  • Industry: Media Production

My go-to equipment management platform.

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Pros

+ I tagged all my equipment with asset tags, and that saves me a lot of time.
When I'm in a hurry, I can easily use the mobile app to check all my equipment in or out.

+ I also keep my invoices safe with the related equipment. That way, I never need to search.

+ Since many people are using our equipment, the flagging feature is crucial in our workflow. We can't afford to have broken equipment on set. This feature prevents us from losing time and motivation.

Cons

- Some things can be fixed with UX/UI. But once you know it it's fine.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that CHEQROOM helps you save time and keeps you and your team motivated.

Cheers! Charlotte

Michelle T.
  • Industry: Media Production

The website works okay, but the app experience is not great.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Making my shooters self-sufficient with reservations has been a game changer. It used to take up a huge chunk of my time just managing gear sign-outs, but now Cheqroom gives them the ability to put holds on coveted items and flags potential scheduling conflicts. That's awesome.

Pros

The most useful feature is using the software for gear inventory. Master online list of all equipment with serial numbers that you can sort through by different categories is a huge step up from a shared google document.

Cons

My department shooters mostly use the software to reserve equipment. They can predict gear conflicts prior to their shoot dates and sort it out amongst themselves. But the system to convert these reservations to check outs is sketchy. Often times, items will be held up in progress and won't convert properly. Also, because the app experience is so clunky, my shooters just won't convert their reservations. I usually do it for them, but often I miss them and then I can't retroactively check them out and back in again.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM, we appreciate it!

Just wanted to let you know that we have a new version (3.5.15) of the mobile app available now, so hopefully your shooters will have a better experience using it!

Feel free to reach out any time you're having questions, we're happy to help and make your experience as great as possible.

All the best - Mathilde

Pouya N.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Streamlining Asset Management and Self-Checkout

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

Our production studio considered probably over a dozen asset management systems before we chose Cheqroom. Our consensus was that Cheqroom was the only forward moving company that really strived to innovate and take asset management and check-out into the 21st century.
If you're curious about our workflow here it is:
We run a creative studio within a church organization. People who handle our equipment range from creative professionals to departments that need to borrow, let's say a card reader. Each person on our production crew has their own account and they use the app to scan and self-check-out equipment. The departments can drop by anytime while our studio is open and we ring up their items for them under an account made just for their department as a whole. Self-checkout is HUGE and what takes it to the next level is the mobile apps. QRs are annoying once in a while, but great most of the time as they are the best choice for mobile/camera scanning. Barcodes work too but sometimes mobile cameras have a hard time resolving the close lines.

Well those are my thoughts. Cheqroom is has worked well for us and until someone else does something significant on the block, it is pretty much a no-brainer.

P.S. Did I mention that one of my favorite features about Cheqroom is assigning photos to an item?? Oh yeah, you just type in or copy and paste the item name and it automatically pulls a few photos from the internet. That's right. Welcome to the 21st century.

Cheers.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Pouya, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! :) Don't forget to check out our new features: automated notifications, reporting and depreciation! And as always, let us know if we can help you with anything else, we're here for you! -- Katalin

Arik D.

Great product, a bit too expensive

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

This product is exactly what we were looking for. Our high school has cameras and audio recording equipment that students can check out. We had been using just a Google Doc to keep track of it all. But Cheqroom was perfect for us. We labeled each item with a QR code and use a barcode scanner for check-in and check-out. The student aides that run the room have found the software very intuitive and easy to use. We have been able to manage reservations and checkouts far more effectively.

The only complaint we have is the price. We have 60 or 70 items in inventory. There is a very reasonable price for 50 items, but the next step up is 250 items for $900 per year. We went ahead and did that, but I don't think we'll be able to justify that again in the future, so we'll have to figure out how to make 50 items work even though we have slightly more than that. If there were more incremental price increases based on the number of items (a 100-item option would be ideal), I would give the product 5 stars for sure!

Pros

Intuitive. Easy to set up and use. Effective inventory tracking. Great reservation making system.

Cons

The pricing scale makes too big of a jump from 50 items to 250 items.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Arik,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM!

I'm glad to tell you that in the meantime we also have a 100 item plan. Just go to your Account page and change your subscription. Whatever is left on your subscription during the downgrade, will become credit for the future!

Would be great if you could bump us up to the 5-star review afterwards! ;)

David H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great way of keeping equipment in order

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

This is a huge upgrade from Microsoft Outlook and there are still features I have yet to learn. I would highly recommend this product if you have experienced the same issues as me.

Pros

We have 40-50 different pieces of equipment and previously were using the equipment options in Microsoft Outlook; however, this became very sluggish with so much equipment. Cheqroom allows you to store and book out much more equipment and has organized it in a way that is user friendly and easy to see what equipment is available.

Cons

One thing that I do think would be useful to have is the ability to edit previous bookings. My team is notorious for forgetting to check in equipment for sometimes weeks. So if the equipment was only used for a week, on Cheqroom it appears that the equipment is booked out for 2 weeks.

It would also be nice to be able to edit the start of the booking as sometime we forget to check the equipment out until days or weeks later. This would be a nice feature.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey David,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review of CHEQROOM. Glad to know that the transition from your previous system has made such a difference for you and your team. I understand that it would be useful for you to be able to edit previous bookings... Unfortunately, we don't allow changes that go back in time - for now.

Leslie H.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Easy to setup the workplace, lot of customization option, very friendly customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

Product tracking, and we have no lost demo equipment, scheduling.

Pros

It has an extremely easy to use workplace. If you would like to track demo requirements, this is the best solution for it. It sends e-mail to the contact person about the check-out/check-in, you can schedule the units easily and it picks up the product image from the web. So you can clearly identify it. The mobile application is also easy to use. With the QR code support, we don't need any special hardware on field.

Cons

Right now, they have no domain customization, so the partners gets Cheqroom's e-mail, instead of my organization (can be good, can be not - depending the business). I need some usage right customization/separation, but overall, I can't tell any cons.
Oh, I can. It doesn't supports Brother label printer. We have one from that brand, and it will be easier if I can print the labels directly. But I can live together with this...

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Leslie, Hope you're doing well and thank you so much for leaving this nice review!

Glad to hear you've been enjoying CHEQROOM so far :) I understand you'd like to see domain customization and it's actually something we'll be working on soon. Feel free to vote on it here: https://trello.com/b/ac4ua5Jn/cheqroom-public-product-roadmap

I'll also put your name next to this request and also next to the one about the user right customization, so you'll get notified when it has been implemented!

Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with. Cheers! Mathilde

Artjoms C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

One of the best equipment handling softwares

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Easy to use and take care of the equipment. Easy to upload lists and images for the equipment. Excellent customer support. Elegant and easy to work with design. Although pricey...

Pros

It is very intuitive to work with and the customer support as well as tutorials and feedback that they do is incredible. You feel that there are real people behind it and you can always reach them when you really need. They even implemented a few features in their app after I asked them if that is possible!

Cons

Not sure, to be honest. Maybe some small things like duplicating assets or changing the names, but overall use is really good.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Archie,

Thanks for your super nice review. It's really nice to hear that you appreciate the work of our customer support team and our tutorials. We enjoy making them as well ;-) By the way: have you checked out our videos lately? Hop on YouTube if you haven't!

We're building CHEQROOM for our customers, so we're always happy to hear how we can improve your experience. Stay tuned for more upcoming features!

Mike L.

Great system for managing our school's equipment needs.

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

Ease of use and easy to train new staff on, mobile apps, reporting and inventory management. Quick to add items and audit chain of custody.

Cons

Number of steps required to check out. No auto-complete on mobile. Sometimes buggy and requires reloading. No portal for reservation requests by students.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Mike,

Hope you're well and thanks so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. Happy to hear it's been going well, and I understand you'd like to see auto-complete and a portal for reservation request (approval process). Those features are both on our roadmap so please go ahead and vote for the ones you'd like to see happen first!

If you have any other feature request or thoughts you'd like to share, you can reach out any time! Best - Mathilde

Blown away

It's been really great.

Pros

It just works. It's super intuitive. It's quick to use. It's easy. The QR codes are really fast to scan. It has been a game changer for us.

Cons

It's a little pricey. The software doesn't always recognize my label printer. I wish I could pay in some way other than by the item. I wish there was an educational discount.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey, Thanks so much for such a great review! :) We're glad to offer educational discount. Please drop me an email at [email protected] and I'm happy to set that up for you while also checking your printer issue. Thanks! -- Katalin

Lauren H.

Customer Support was amazing and not pushy about selling to me when I started my free trial.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

I have a streamlined database of equipment available for students to reserve and check out equipment. It is user friendly and very efficient making my job so much easier.

Pros

I love how easy it was to add my equipment to this website. Pictures of the equipment are pulled from a google search to choose from, making it look very professional. And I always know where every piece of equipment is. And the automated emails to students reminding them their equipment is due makes my job so much easier!

Cons

There are a few things that would make it better for my specific needs, but the team at Cheqroom are very receptive in making those changes.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Lauren,

Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review.

We're glad that you love your time so far with CHEQROOM, please feel free to let us know how we can help you get the most out of CHEQROOM!

Thanks again for your thoughts, they mean a world to us. Have a lovely day!

Warm wishes,

Brett B.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The app (both web and mobile) are really easy to use and intuitive!

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

I love that there is finally something that I can use that tracks our equipment. It has allowed us to keep track of gear that not only our shooters use but also those in the company who need to borrow gear.

Pros

I like that there is already a database of the most common A/V products. But if you need to add your own gear that isn't in the database, it's very simple.

Cons

I wish that it were easier to check out a "one time renter." I would like to have a "quick add" option for those people that I don't want in the system.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Brett,

Hope you're doing great and thank you for writing such a nice review about CHEQROOM. we really appreciate it!

If you don't want to add one time renters to your account, perhaps you can just add their names in the reservation title instead of adding them as a contact? Just a thought! :)

Let me know if you have any questions or have more thoughts you'd like to share, I'm here for you! Best - Mathilde

Salinda B.
  • Industry: Research

A great inventory system!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

Cheqroom provides our lab with the organizational framework necessary to keep up with lots of different types of inventory - drone aircraft, batteries, and all the associated communications and sensors. It's very helpful to be able to assign inventory to different locations, create kits, flag equipment, and create reservations well in advance of our busy field seasons.

Cons

honestly, no complaints thus far. we've only been using the software for less than a year.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Salinda,

Thanks (once again) for your lovely feedback. It's been a pleasure working with you so far! :-)

I'm glad CHEQROOM has been able to help you track your entire inventory and has allowed you to schedule projects in advance.

If there's ever anything we can help you with, you know how to reach us.

All the best,
Mathilde

Michael L.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great tool for our video-production

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Cheqroom enables us to keep track on our equipment with minimum effort. It is the tool we were looking for as we do not have somebody who keeps care of all the small and large items we use for recording and producing. Cheqroom makes it possible to have everything organized for two teams with 12 people in each team.

Pros

easy to add new items
easy to check out items

Cons

only available in english

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for such a great review!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to make the product work even better for you.

Solid equipment management system

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

Once you get the hang of Cheqroom, it's easy to navigate and see existing reservations and available gear. There is a ton of functionality hidden within. I appreciate the emailed reminders as well.

Cons

There are a few extra steps to take to book gear that slow down the process and leave some members of our team without a fully-checked-out reservation. Some of the UX could be more user-friendly and takes some getting used to.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. We're happy to hear that everything is going well for you. If you'd like to know more about more of "hidden functionalities" ;-), hop on one of our weekly webinars (cheqroom.com/webinars) or find us on YouTube as our channel is full of handy videos.

Feel free to get in touch with CS to discuss the slow booking process as I'm sure they'll have some tips for you.

Jasmine K.
  • Industry: Higher Education

CHEQROOM has been a massive improvement from our previous equipment management software.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

This software is more flexible and powerful than our previous equipment management software. Those two attributes have made all the difference in buy-in from our users and coworkers.

Pros

The platform is intuitive, mobile-friendly, and packed with powerful admin side tools that help better control our equipment and inventory.

Cons

There are some quirks of the platform that take some getting used to (i.e: navigating to another page after an item search doesn't reset your search screen, as it does in most other programs) but these quirks could also be construed as features for the right user.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Jasmine!

Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you enjoy your time at CHEQROOM and thanks for sharing your experience about the search screen.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with, we're here for you.

Kristan S.

Bringing some sanity to equipment management

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Before CHEQROOM we had a significant (sometimes insurmountable) challenge in ensuring that we knew who had what equipment in the field (typically presentation and communications devices and tools). We also had a hard time keeping track of notes and exception information (e.g., this device is over usage limits, or this device seemed squirrely and the batteries might need changing). CHEQROOM has given us a way to have an effective audit trail of who used which devices and allows those of us managing devices to capture additional information that keeps us from putting poorly functioning equipment in the field. Integrations with Zapier also save us time with reminders and follow-ups to return equipment. It's been a tremendous time saver.

Pros

Both mobile and web interfaces

Cons

Working with kits can be a little kludgy at times.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Kristan,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Feedback like this means a lot to us!

Let me know if there's anything specific we can do to make our products help you even more.

Nathan P.

A little confusing at first. But once your rolling it's great.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

Nice layout of software. Great that it will connect to photos of the product as you add to your inventory.

Cons

In selfserve settings you can't see the other booking in calander. Would be awesome if people could change another's on user mode. If something is over due it should come up as a pop up that you select and goes directly to it.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Nathan!

Thanks for your review!
Once customizable user role mode is available, we'll notify you, I noted your name with this request!
Feel free to use our automated push notifications to learn about overdue bookings. Hope it can help! Thanks again for your review, we appreciate your thoughts.

Warm wishes,

Amber D.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

OK product - poor customer service

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Software was minimalist. The service was very spotty since they are based in a different country.

Pros

When it came time to renew, we saw over a 240% increase in price (without notification).

Once we decided that we did not want to renew, I was informed that it “is quite a difficult process to obtain our devices/data”.
There is still a likely possibility that they cannot/will not export my data into an excel file meaning I lose everything!
That seems extremely odd and not worth it!

Cons

Unable to obtain data if you decide not to renew.

Seth A.

Great solution to a tough problem.

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I manage several hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment for a New Media School. Cheqroom not only helps me keep track of it, but the mobile features and ease of reservations get that gear into my students hands more easily. Also the support is amazing and super responsive. Sometimes problems are fixed within hours. Really great company all around.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Seth,

Thank you for an awesome review of our software! Looking forward to serving your and Colorado Mountain College for many years to come. :)

Janet B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Technology Lending Library

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall, our experience with CHEQROOM has been wonderful. It allows us to provide a service to our educational community that was previously impossible due to a lack of staff to manage. We find the customer service to be quite helpful and on-point. Although some of the features we would like to see enacted are not yet available, the communication with customer service, either directly or through Trello, keeps us informed as to the progress of these features.

Pros

We love the fact that the end-user can see product availability and book their own reservations. We also like that one reservation can include multiple pieces of equipment. The notification options for both end-users and administrators are a handy feature, and the ability to customize these notifications is wonderful! We also love the fact that there is a mobile app...our end-users love this feature!

Cons

Currently, there is no way to add in holidays and closed office days, which is quite problematic for us and requires us to be diligently checking each and every reservation that comes across. Also, there is no way to limit the reservation length currently, and this is also problematic.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that CHEQROOM is working so well for you and your end-users. Your participation in our feature roadmap is also very much appreciated. Do stay tuned for the upcoming features ;-)

All the best - Charlotte

Great software that has helped us manage field equipment sharing across a large team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Equipment/asset management, equipment sharing, detailed inventory, potential for automated equipment billing.

Pros

Easy to customize fields, excellent QR code scanning, and now built-in automatic notifications. I am hopeful we will have mobile push notifications soon so it's not always an inundation of Cheqroom emails. Customer support has been excellent and updates with tangible improvements are regularly being released.

Cons

The mobile app is often difficult for users and many people on our team prefer to always use the web app. The main reason for this is the lack of a calendar view in the mobile app. It is difficult to see if there will be conflicts with a particular reservation/checkout and can sometimes lead to issues with equipment transfer between users.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi! Thank you so much for reviewing CHEQROOm and sharing your thoughts. I'm also happy to hear that we have overall made your equipment management easier! I thought I'd mention that our new version of the mobile app can now show push notifications for due reservations and overdue check-outs, and the calendar view is definitely something we want to add. I'll keep you posted when it does and once again, thanks for sharing. All the best- Mathilde

Brett R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

How Cheqroom saved our sanity

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

We will continue to use Cheqroom as long as we have camera gear to check out. As we grow, we will implement all of our new items as well. As our staff grows, our inventory grows, and Cheqroom can handle it all.

Pros

Cheqroom is a super easy software that we use to check out our gear on a daily basis. We love the simplicity of how it operates, the notifications if something is late, and knowing who has what at all times.

Cons

We have yet to find a single thing that we don't like about Cheqroom. It always functions correctly and the ease of use when you get items QR coded is amazing!

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Brett,

Thank you so much for the 5-star, 10/10 review. We're very happy that you love CHEQROOM's ease-of-use and are looking forward to growing with us.

Cheqroom Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

It has been easy to introduce, quick to learn, and student uptake has been excellent. It makes booking equipment out very easy.

Pros

Very easy to use, good self service facilities, able to book equipment by the hour. Always being updated, and adapted based on feedback. Good customer service. Good mobile app. Students have easy uptake.

Cons

Most of the cons have been dealt with. Main issue is that authorisation email is treated as spam by our servers - but this is true for everything.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for this great review.

We're happy to hear that the app works so well for your students and that your equipment booking has become so easy.

The customer success team will be happy to hear your feedback on their work too :-)

Charlotte

Randy S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Cheqroom, some good, some needs work

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

The software does what it claims, we use it for all our demo and rental equipment.

Pros

The QR code scanner is the best part of the app. Recording every action, so you can see who did what is very useful. Being able to add photos is also beneficial.

Cons

I've contacted Cheqroom previously about the problem, that you can not see the SN entry in the app (because the keyboard covers it). I wish the photos and all information I attach to a reservation would carry through to the checkout. I review the checkout and check in the products, but I can't see the photos I took because they are in the reservation. Finally, when adding products, I want to be able to use existing photos already in our database when adding an identical item to our inventory.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Randy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like the QR code scanner and being able to keep track of what happened to your equipment. Thanks for the feedback about the keyboard covering part of the app. I'll make sure to share your review with the customer success team so they can follow up on your feedback.