Aspect Workforce Management Reviews

Aspect Workforce Management

Workforce management for on-premise, hosted or in the cloud

4.2/5 (225 reviews)
Stefanie R.

The overall experience with the tool has been positive allowing us to support a virtual workforce.

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

Configurable, robust, and integrated tool with Performance Management and Quality Management. Forecasting and real time management of agents.

Pros

The system if very configurable and you are able to run rules against the business specific needs by various teams or work groups. System is robust from the backend of the tool. The system is very stable and runs with out issue on the WFM product. Being configurable adds to the complexity of the system, so this inherently lowers the ease of use of the product as rules have various touch points.

Cons

The architecture is older, reporting capabilities need upgrading. The ability to support a multichannel environment and run the scheduling of agents around the specific real time rules is in need of work and capabilities. Would like to see additional roles available to allow access to different parts of the system instead of being held to 3 basic categories. Integrations and support of the various products are often supported by different groups and cross knowledge when needing support of the tools can be a challenge.

Response from Aspect Software

Thanks Stefanie for the positive and constructive feedback. We look forward to continuing to work with your team to implement WFM multi-channel functionality and our newest versions of Performance and Quality Management capabilities. -The Aspect Team

Bradley K.

Overall Aspect WFM provides a great way to add value and helps us achieve many if not all our goals.

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is that you can pretty much do anything you want with data to find any root cause or reporting issues. Also I enjoy the user interface and that Aspect tries to find ways to make things easier for the user. Overall the company I work with is built off of having good data and that is what I value most from Aspect. Finally I find Aspect's customer (associate) obsession to be far in superior to many other WFM clients. They try to make things not only better for reporting but also on the end user of the product (customer associate representative). They find ways to improve visibility, use, and functionality to this part of the WFM users.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is having the flexibility to make any adjustments onsite or having not strong enough support to support the company I work for. Although Aspect has a great interface I'd like to see them expand on their customer support and ways for users to learn. Although the forums and online trainings are helpful I'd like to see more ways for the users to gain more knowledge in the different tools and communication channels that Aspect has.

Shannon S.

I'm a longtime user and find the system easy to understand and use the more time goes by.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

I find most of the Workforce Management features intuitive and easy to navigate. I rely on the Help file to refresh my memory on certain definitions or functions, and most of the time it is very helpful and beneficial and gives clear explanations. There are a handful of areas that are lacking in clear definition, but they are not commonly used so it's not a huge issue. The onsite support and training from Aspect consultants is extremely helpful, as every consultant is easily able to understand our struggles and business practices.

Cons

Not directly about the software, but my company has experienced some customer service woes when issues or concerns are reported to Aspect, in terms of the speed of response and sense of urgency to resolve. Our concerns have been voiced loudly enough though that the concerns are being addressed and mitigated now, so I am optimistic about the future.

Response from Aspect Software

Shannon - thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We appreciate the detailed positive and constructive feedback and will make sure to forward it on to our internal teams so we can continue to improve how we serve customers. Thanks again! -The Aspect Team

Abad O.

Great Product, Some improvements needed

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Overall it has been a positive experience.

Pros

The program is easy to use and flexible to customize in house and problem solve.

Cons

There are some items and limitations with the difference between the mobile workforce and the desktop version that are currently now starting to align but need to better align.

Also the processing power of processing thousands of requests seem to cause lots of latency and almost brings the tool to a hault.

The logic makes sense, I wish the process for defining holiday factors and forecasting was better

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

I like that it provides a system of record for schedule management, measuring forecast accuracy, and exporting valuable data on our contact center.

Cons

I wish the forecasting wizard was more robust. Our industry is heavily influenced by weather and we have not been successful using the forecast wizard for the "art" portion of a forecast. We will soon be launching multi-channel and we have heard a lot of things about multi-channel performance not working very well for forecasting, Aspect is having a hard time pairing us with one of their Customers who is successfully using it in that way.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are pleased to hear that the tool is helping you with schedule management and accessing valuable data in your contact center. We also appreciate your feedback on the forecasting specifically for weather changes as well as multi-channel. We will forward your input on to our internal teams and will circle back with a more detailed response. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you'd like me to put you in touch with one of our product or implementation experts. -Shelley Hofman, Aspect Software, [email protected]

Laurie S.

For the most part I like eWFM, I would like to see additional features, querying the DB is hard

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

I get a lot of benefits from this software. We get scheduling benefits and tracking benefits and we get the benefits from the IDP's. I think we would benefit a lot from the using the scheduling scenarios more. We also get benefits from reporting.

Pros

I like the scheduling. And I like the IDP's and that I can build multiple IDP scenarios. I also like that I can configure the superstates. And I like that I can create multiple schedule scenarios.

Cons

querying the database. It is really hard to query the database. It would be helpful if there was online training or some kind of training or a class or an online class. Or even if someone from Aspect could come in a help.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We appreciate your feedback on querying the database and training, and we have forwarded all of your comments on to our internal teams so that we can better serve you. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Added note: our Active Learning portal has recently undergone enhancements for easier navigation and improved search capabilities. Check it out when you have time!

Eric T.

Flexible, powerful system that does what it needs to.

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

The company as a whole reduced time spent on scheduling/headcount management by roughly a third, allowing us to reallocate that time. I was able to consolidate forecasting and scheduling from a number of different Excel workbooks into a single portal, reducing time spent and stress level immensely.

Pros

Ease of management. A call center of 100+ can be managed by one dedicated person, and configuring supervisor/management access is extremely easy. The updated web portal (Workforce Optimization) is organized and sharp, with more features in the pipeline

Cons

There is a LOT here. Without attention to detail and either good notes or memory, it's entirely possible to miss one item that has larger repercussions. Good news is that it's never too late to fix errors, and the support team I've worked with has been amazing about answering any question I have.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. The team here at Aspect is thrilled to hear such good feedback from SecurityCoverage, and we¿re so happy that the solution saves time, reduces stress and improves productivity!

We appreciate your feedback and we have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams to review. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Lara D.

eWFM review

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

I have been using one version of it or another for the past 25 years. I know it and can navigate around it and can optimize my use of it for most things I need.

Cons

Navigation could be improved. If I have to change something about my forecast run, I would like to NOT have to exit out back to some other area... I want to just lick or be able to open another window even if I am in the middle of creating a run. The latest version has issues with the ID Timeline navigating slowly and after several months there is no solution at hand. I would also like alternative ways to determine schedule optimization (e.g. for the trial schedule I have created - even if done manually, optimize the place of the shifts and breaks before I start assigning).

Response from Aspect Software

Lara, thank you for your review of Aspect Workforce Management. We love hearing from long time customers and appreciate your feedback on the navigation. One of our product managers will reach out to you soon to follow up. Thanks, The Aspect Team

Travis G.

The Classic Phone Center Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Great solution for forecasting and scheduling traditional inbound phone operations

Pros

Nice suite of tools for Forecasting and Scheduling for the contact center. Options to forecast long term and short. Precise intraday staffing looks. Scheduling tools to manage long range base position and request management.

Cons

Limited support for non-phone forecasting and staffing. Difficult to care for the scheduling needs in a global 'Gig' economy

Response from Aspect Software

Travis, thank you for taking the time to review Aspect WFM. I have great news to share with you. We actually roiled our multi- channel/ non-voice scheduling and forecast in Aspect WFM as part of our 2016 release, and have been enhancing those features in every release. We are also adding brand new functionality to help manage the gig work in a more effective way. We look forward to your company upgrading to our most recently release so you can take advantage of these improvements. Thanks again for your review and your business! - Chrissy Cowell, Director, Workforce Optimization, Product Management

Kris W.

Aspect is King of the Ring!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Rocky at times, but as of the recent change in ownership, we have only had good experiences and interactions.

Pros

Love the new Multi-Channel features that were rolled out with version 18. The flexibility available within the product allows for out of the box thinking, and features that are able to solve for challenges that are unique to an organization. User administration and system automation are key functions that are of great use.

Cons

Ease of use in terms of WFO. Some of the layouts are not as simple and intuitive as they could be, especially when it comes to the agent dashboards. Creating a better experience for the agents would really assist in the adoption of WFO's use from an agent perspective.

Ellen R.

Excellent Work Force Manegement tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

I have had very good experiences with this product overall. Support when needed, the sheer customization, the overall feel of the program, the time it saves me for various tasks in maximizing my workload each day.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and is very customizable. There is a lot of support when needed. I've used other products before and prefer this software over others because of the multifaceted capabilities of this program

Cons

I want to give cons for a much balanced review, however I find it difficult to find anything I dislike about the program. It is so customizable, that if I were to say I didn't prefer the colors, I can customize those too! When I switched over from other programs, Aspect Workforce Management program saved me so much time, and is very easy to use. Tons of time was saved in my workload.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We appreciate the detailed feedback and the high marks! -The Aspect Team

Elvira M.

Efficient tool for consumer engagement and workforce optimization

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Pros

I think forecasting feature is my most liked feature in Aspect. It saves time and gives the opportunity to react business needs very quickly. Aspect Workforce Management is essential platform for all kind of businesses. In order to be successful in the market you need to make sales and of course for high sales you need many customers. In orders to gain many customers the key factor is customer satisfaction. Aspect Workforce Management helps businesses to reach high customer satisfaction with less effort. Aspect gains it with a lot of rich features and smart predictions.

Cons

What I dislike is speed problem on Aspect servers. It is not permanent problem but sometimes you can observe overloading and as a result response rate of running tasks slows down due to high volume of requests to server.

Response from Aspect Software

Elvira, thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management and the high rating! We are so glad you like the forecasting and that it helps you to reach high customer service with less effort. We also appreciate your feedback on the speed of the system which could be due to WFM or due other network constraints as well. We appreciate the feedback and will forward it on to our product team. -Aspect Software

Ann S.

Documentation is poor; Very robust tool

Better management of staff

Pros

Very customizable for our crazy union/labor rules. I like that there are many ways to get to the same outcome. I learn something new every day with this product.
-----------------------------------

Cons

Documentation is very poor. It takes a lot of hunting around to figure out issues.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are happy that you find the tool robust that works well for your union rules. And we have taken note on your feedback on documentation. We appreciate your feedback and we have forwarded your all comments on to our internal teams so that we can better support you.. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Added note: our Active Learning portal has recently undergone enhancements for easier navigation and improved search capabilities. If you haven't tried it yet, check it out!

Lori R.

Scheduling function is the best except for schedule creation. Forecasting needs to be easier

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

Working to automate scheduling processes and make the schedulers and agents life easier in the contact center.

Pros

The scheduling module, RTA and Empower work really well for our organization. These are the best I have seen out there.

Cons

The schedule creation functionality is very difficult to utilize and the forecasting functionality also is not easy to use. Verints forecasting functionality is a lot easier to use.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are thrilled to hear that the "scheduling function is the best", and also appreciate your constructive feedback on the forecasting. We have forwarded all of your comments on to our internal teams so we can continually improve how we serve you. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Added note: We are working on new forecasting and scheduling elements in our web interface. Your Account Team can help provide you with information on this.

Jack H.

Very capable software

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

The cons that I have listed above really are minor in comparison with the pros. I'd highly recommend Aspect Workforce Management as a tool to anyone.

Pros

- Ease of use / user friendly
- Regular updates
- Many functions that other software lacks (copy and paste functionality for example)
- Easily export data in multiple formats

Cons

- A little dated in comparison with some other software I have used
- Automatic log outs

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are pleased to hear that you like the ease of use and would recommend the tool to anyone. In response to the software being dated, you might not be on the latest version. In 2016 we dramatically updated the interface and many customers really like it. You can see what that looks like here: https://www.aspect.com/solutions/workforce-optimization/workforce-management-software. Thanks again for your feedback. We will forward it on internally for review. -The Aspect Team

Veronica H.

I really love aspect WFM products

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

Pros

I like the customer support they are very helpful and attentive, most are fairly knowledgeable. They also have great scheduling and request options for our agents to be able to manage their own lives.

Cons

The forecasting modules are not the most intuitive. This is where Aspect has a lot of room to grow. I have been using Aspect WFM for at least 14 years and we still have to forecast outside of this tool.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are thrilled that you love our WFM products! We also appreciate your feedback on the forecasting and we have forwarded your comments to our internal teams so we can continually improve our solutions. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Added note: We are working on new forecasting and scheduling elements in our web interface. Your Account Team can help answer questions on this for you.

Laura K.

Product is easy to use, however support and "help" is not very reliable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

The product is easy of use and customer friendly. We were recently upgraded to 8.1 and the change was seamless. Training support came onsite to walk us through post upgrade. The support person was very helpful

Cons

When we do have questions, we have trouble finding answers via the help function or if we have to call the help desk, they often don't have the answers or take long to find the answers for us. The ASUGA is more helpful with that respect

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We appreciate your feedback and we have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Added note: Did you know that our Active Learning portal has recently undergone enhancements for easier navigation and improved search capabilities? It may be a great resource for you and your team.

Jack C.

I use eWFM daily as well as my team. It is a great system to manage the agents and manage the day.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

The ability to monitor current performance and to predict future performance.

Pros

For the agents, it is a great system to track their schedule and with notification manager, we can let them know right away if we change their schedule due to business needs.

Cons

Some of the auto run parameters. I would like the ability to start multiple auto runs (10-12) at a time and let them run. I would also like to choose a tracking date for auto runs. They run on current date and if they fail or are delayed, it will default to the next day so now you have to manually export the report.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are so happy that it helps you more easily manage your agents. We appreciate your feedback and we have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Kimberly G.

Reliable and works well

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

We gain productivity from holding our Associates to compliance. Team of workforce managers that take on the scheduling responsibility instead of our team leads doing it.

Pros

There are lots of features with the Aspect Software and you keep adding new functionality. Always a positive experience when calling in for assistance.

Cons

The Learning curve for new associates is long. Would appreciate some refresher training for more tenured associates.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management and the high rating! We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback, and we have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams so we can better serve you. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Victoria M.

WFM has been a great product and have been a User for over 13 years now.

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

Product provides the support needed to staff multiple departments and multiple setups. It's a good database.

Pros

I like that WFM is used in majority of industries and can integrate with many and multiple ACDs. I especially appreciate the customer service received when I make calls for technical services.

Cons

When configuring segment codes and all the attached items, it seems a bit convoluted. It is easy to miss steps within the system and even RTA when creating a new segment code.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are so happy that WFM has been such a great product for you for over 13 years! We also appreciate your feedback on configuring segments and have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams so we can continually improve our solutions. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Alecia A.

I did not realize how much my company is lacking with the software until attending the conference.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I like the workforce real time tracking that his available. It is very useful when tracking attendance. It gives a clear picture that help eliminate the debate with associate dispute because the software is very accurate and precise. I also like the scheduling piece especially when updating multiple agents at once. For the most part the system is very user friendly.

Cons

What I least like about the system may not be an aspect issue but trying to get clear concise instruction on how to set up to insure that the intra day data that is being used is correct.

Amy D.

Workforce Senior Analyst- 5 years

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

I like the ease on forecasting and updating patterns. With our old workforce software I had to use spreadsheets to create my forecast and then input that into the program. With Aspect I have confidence that the forecast will be accurate with the actual data that is coming in.

Cons

The Empower system is not user friendly. We are in the process of migrating to a new Aspect version and with that we will be going into WFO. I have seen demos on it and know that we will have more agent use and less frustration.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback, and have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams so we can continue to improve how we serve you. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Kary H.

Great product and support. There are a few items that need enhancement

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Increased efficiency, schedule flexibility, agent satisfaction (mobile app)

Pros

Ease of use for Core product. The flexibility to control access as well as being creative in routing sets.

Cons

Changes to WFO for regular users. Changes are positive however they are not user friendly for those that do not have a strong WFM background. Requires a lot of in depth training. Several features need to be enhanced to mirror the core product features - sorting, saving preferences (columns, employee selection, etc).

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are thrilled to get the high marks, and appreciate the constructive feedback as well. We have forwarded your comments on to our internal teams so we can better serve you. Thank you for being an Aspect customer - we truly value our relationship with you. -The Aspect Team

Pauline H.

Great Scheduling Software!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

The biggest pro to any Aspect software is their dedicated customer support who are always helpful, polite and more often than not go above and beyond. Anytime I've called with a question, even more difficult ones, the support were able to help and always took the time to explain things.

Pros

The integration of forecasting and real time data into one software that allows me to schedule 100s of employees ensuring we are meeting our client requirements.

Cons

Although contacting customer support always results in a positive experience, the help files themselves in the program do nothing more than describe sections of the software without explaining how they could be used practically.

Response from Aspect Software

Thank you for the detailed review of Aspect Workforce Management! We appreciate your feedback and will forward it on internally. -The Aspect Team

Jeff G.

WFM/WFO meets the needs of our organization

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Great resource management against current and future demand.

Pros

The software handles the needs of our Users against the demands of our business. In a collective bargaining environment the tool has flexed to allow us to manage our Agents schedules against the needs of our call centers.

Cons

In the latest ugrade, we feel that the shift preferences that are used for bidding is not as useful has the previous version.

Response from Aspect Software

Jeff - thank you for taking the time to review Aspect Workforce Management. We are glad to hear that the solution has helped you to manage your agent schedules against the needs of your call center. We also appreciate the feedback on the latest shift bidding features. Your input will be forwarded on to our internal teams for review so that we can continue to improve our solutions and how we serve customers. -The Aspect Team