TenantCloud

Rental property accounting & management software

3,9
3,7
3,8
3,7
Ben S.

Great user interface but that's about it

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

I really liked the user interface because it was intuitive and looked great. The price also seemed attractive give what the software promised to do.

Cons

The pros stopped at the UI. The payments set up is very clunking requiring tenants to go through 10 steps. There is no recurring / auto payments feature.
I had paid for a year subscription and asked for a refund after 2 weeks and was told there was no refund, so beware they will steal your money!

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for letting us know about your experience using TenantCloud. We’re sorry our product did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. We are constantly improving our services, and do our very best to ensure it is as easy as possible for all our users.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

New User

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

About a 6 overall. I don't have a whole lot of use for it yet, but the customer service experience makes me wonder how I would be treated if I was a paying customer with a more serious problem.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set up. I only own a couple properties at this point, so I don't have a whole lot to take care of, but it helps keep task and things prioritized and organized. I did put in a ticket for what I thought would be a basic customer service issue almost a month ago, and it still hasn't been resolved. It makes me wonder how something would be handled if I had a more serious issue.

Cons

The cost associated with using some of the features of the website. Because I only have a couple of properties, I don't need a subscription service, but if I could purchase one-off things like background checks, or if I could push off cost on to tenats for transactions to allow them to pay me through the app. if they wanted to.

Matt F.

A single interface for all things related to managing your properties

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I bought a new out-of-state property and needed a single piece of software to manage it. TenantCloud was a great choice.

Pros

My favorite part of TenantCloud is the accounting functionality. I can manage all my income and expenses with it, and I don't need to pay for a Quickbooks subscription. It's definitely a win-win and my accountant is going to thank me in April.

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use, and if you offer a discount on rent one month, I still can't figure out how to manage that other than having unpaid rent due, but otherwise, it's great.

Kathleen B.

Needs to be more intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I can divide payments among different properties that will be a big help when I file my taxes!!

Pros

Easy to set up and includes most of what I need. I can use on my computer or my phone, so can enter data on the spot.

Cons

It’s not easy to figure out how to make it do what I want all the time. For instance if I enter some information then later figure out a better way to do it, I can’t find how to delete the first entry.
I can’t figure out how to record payments made in advance, especially when they apply to a recurring obligation. Once the advance is in the system, how to apply that to a payment that comes up when due?

Diego Y.

Best option for small landlords

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

TenantCloud has been crucial to managing my rentals the last 2-3 years. Extremely helpful for recording my expenses and receipts and has been a life-saver come tax time when I need to do a final reconciliation of all activities. They're always improving it too, so I can tell they really believe in their product.

Pros

The free option for landlords/owners under 75 units is essential as a cost-effective way to manage your rentals. It's cloud-based and with constant updates to it's features and reporting. Allows for online tenant screening and standalone sites for individual units to list rentals. Very user-friendly interface allows me to enter expenses and collected rents in minutes and not waste any more time than I have to. Seems pretty robust with several features that I don't even use but I can see how they might be useful to institutional or larger landlords. Definitely recommend this product.

Cons

The report formats are not what I would choose, but they can be exported to excel and customized a bit so it's not a big deal. Never had to contact their customer support so I really don't know how they are, but I imagine they're pretty responsive given what I have read.

Keith M.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

TenantCloud has great functionality and just keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

My experience has been seamless and very pleasurable. I've been able to effectively run a large multi-family property with very little learning curve and was able to get fully up to speed within a week or two

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how simple it is to use and how well the modules flow into each other

Cons

The only thing I think could be improved is if the system didn't reset you all the way back to the main screen after you completed a transaction

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your great feedback very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Socrates M.

It's free and works great. Great for managing a handful of properties.

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

This is a great property management software if you've never tried one before. We use this to manage just under 50 units right now and it's been a blessing.

Pros

Nice and professional look. Easy to use. Simple features but all work very well. Allows you to collect online payments. Allows for you to upload documents like leases to be signed digitally too.

Cons

Only thing I can say can be improved is the feature to input multiple payments at the same time. If you don't do it in small batches, the application freezes momentarily.

Jordan N.

Self-serving meddlers

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Terrible. Bad software. Bad leaders. Will do whatever suits them including talk to your tenants without you knowing.

Pros

Nothing. Stay away because they will interfere with your business.

Cons

TenantCloud [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a reporter and during the COVID-19 pandemic sent a survey to ALL tenants suggesting MULTIPLE ways to avoid paying their rent and asked if they would speak to a reporter. TenantCloud never told the Landlords about contacting their tenants or asked permission.

Response from TenantCloud

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to inform you that we are taking into consideration your opinion to become better. We would also like to add, that the survey you have mentioned was sent to registered users at TenantCloud which agreed to take part in surveys and no other contacts, applicants, leads, roommates or dependents were contacted. Once again, as we told before, the purpose was to help landlords and tenants during these unpredictable times. We value your feedback.

Best regards and stay safe,
TenantCloud Team

Salah E.

Best cloud website

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

I have been using TenantCloud more than a year now and during this time they have changed a lot, they have updated the site to be one of the best and easy online websites to use for your real estate work. it makes you followup all payment, contracts and more.
for me its one of the best cloud application that I used during the past years and I think they would be better during the time as they keep updating the website.

Cons

I dont think i have that much to say but for me maybe they need to update the design of the receipt payment.

Maria C.

SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

I need to have current information at all times at my fingertips. And that has been great so far.

Pros

We are still in the first stages of getting used to the software. I think as we use it more it will become easier to navigate. It has given me a better overview of our tenant situation. So far, I Love It!

Cons

Getting started and entering all the information has been a challenge. But we are getting there.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you very much for the great feedback!

Flipper M.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

The customer service team is fantastic… Everyone has been most helpful especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I have spoken to several times

Pros

This is a fantastic software program that actually has the ability to take the place of a full-time employee… I could not be happier

Cons

I have no complaints, I am not super proficient with New software and I am also Personally assuming management of all properties, the conversion has been good.

Response from TenantCloud

Our Support Team is happy to have you as a customer. We value your feedback very much.

Meghan D.
  • Industry: Utilities

Beginning Tenantcloud User

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I love the customer help. They respond to my emails within 24 hours. I feel confident using Tenantcloud as a Property owner.

Pros

I love the price of the software and the ease of linking my listing to multiple websites. I like the maintenance request page!

Cons

I have a hard time finding things on the website. For example, I find it difficult to find a way to contact Tenant Leads sent my way. I end up emailing them through my personal email. It would be nice if there was a function to do this through the site. I believe one may be coming. I also have a hard time finding my accounting page.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We hope that our latest feature "search bar" will help in finding things faster. We appreciate your positive comment.

Yaakov B.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

While it is a free product and the features they do offer once you find them are usually easy to find

Cons

All the features are quite limited and they keep moving around things on the interface which makes it harder to find the items that you were looking for.
Its accounting department is not robust at all.

Doug W.

We started using EvaProperty.com 3 months ago at our company

Reviewed on 2014/03/03

We started using EvaProperty.com 3 months ago at our company. Very simple and transparent software overall, but still it's better for a small and medium property holders. However, I can strongly recommend Evaproperty for its accountiong, online rent collection possibilty and free marketing website, btw sign up is free
Pros: very useful accounting, personal website with design templates, vendor, maintenance and tenant portals, easy design, no unnecessary expensive "bells and whistles" other softwares have. And the pricing is good.
Cons: high custom domain set up fee, no ROI indicator, too many updates.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your review. We really appreciate it.

Patricia C.

This product screens you to death

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Tenant cloud and their customer service is awful!

Pros

Nothing. I can't recommend them at all there site is awful, the verifcation ridiculous and it scared my tenant.

Cons

I was pissed that I had to get verified but I did it only yo have my tenant say he would rather mail a paper check then deal with tenant cloud because they asked for his banking info. Cancelled immediately!

Checks all the boxes, but not deep in any category

Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Pros

Checks all the boxes for what you need as a property manager - payments, maintenance, tenant management, basic reporting.

Cons

Lacks more detailed, customizable reporting. Tenant-facing experience feels a bit dated compared to consumer apps residents are used to using.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using TenantCloud.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Decent free property management software

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

Pros

Has lots of functionality for tracking tenants and properties

Cons

Not very user friendly, easier to use spreadsheets or other tracking tools

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our product.

Bryan K.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Decent software. Don't expect any help.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

It's a bit clunky but does a pretty good job of keeping track of things. Some features are nice, but can take a while to set up.

Cons

Customer service is HORRIBLE. No phone number, only email, if you ask for them to call you they wont. It's either bots or a service center in India. DO NOT expect them to help you in any way.

Diana F.

Most complete software on the market

Reviewed on 2015/06/24

Most complete software on the market. Easy to use and easy to set up. Love the free rental payments.

Response from TenantCloud

We do our best to make system as helpful as possible. Thank you for the great feedback!

Bernice G.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

freezes up, waste of time

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

First off you cannot get anyone on the phone to talk to you, second, you put information in and it starts freezing if you do get to put the information in along with tenants information it still shows that the property is vacant, would not recommend this software.

Jaime D.

Horrible, Late Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Poor.

Pros

You are pretty much on your own with this software. Just pay for Yardi—saving money on tech is too time consuming. I wasted three months trying to make Tenant Cloud work for me.

Cons

No help. I tried to contact customer service to no avail.

Response from TenantCloud

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to let you know that our support efforts include contact phone number, online chat, ticket support management, help center with numerous articles and youtube channel with all essential video tutorials. Still, we are sorry our product did not meet your expectations. We are constantly improving our service and do our very best to ensure our users have no difficulties using our software.

Deana M.

Our Go-To for tenant Management Systems

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Overall, I am very happy. I have tried other much more costly programs and quickly returned back to tenancloud. It's ease of use, and customer service have been great. The program has improved dramatically over the years and they continue to listen to customer input to improve their programs!

Pros

As a property manager it is detrimental that you have systems in play in order to scale and grow your business. We like many, started out just my husband and I with a few rentals and have over the past few years scaled. It is impossible to keep everyone and all properties straight. Tenantcloud does it for us. All communication are recored, rent is tracked, deposits are tracked, leases are systematically emailed and e-signed. It's a no-brainer

Cons

There is little I don't like about the software. I will say that the most recent email sent out to tenants without first speaking to those of us who actually pay for your services did nothing but ignite an unnecessary fire and create added tension in an already very difficult time. Please remember to put the clients who are PAYING you first.

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thanks for staying with TenantCloud.

Salah E.

Tenant cloud

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

I recommend anyone working in the real estate industry to use tenant cloud.

Pros

Every time they update the system they have something new. They ask the customers about their feedback for new reports and options in the system.
They have a perfect team in the customer service.

Cons

Maybe they can add a furniture report for each unit

Yaakov B.

Know who you are

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Okay for the part time manager but nothing more

Pros

It is simple to use for the features that it does have and everything is clearly labeled for what it does

Cons

If you are a real management company and plan on using this as your way of interacting and keeping files on tenants then this software product is not the way to go. It does not offer enough reports and it can only handle dealing with leases and tenants in a very simple fashion. Once you start to have to rely on the program for remembering thing such as how much people paid and when they paid with what it becomes very inadequate.

Nancy M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Tenant Cloud pretty good

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

It was pretty good, but I only manage a few properties so I found google docs and excel are good enough for me.

Pros

It had a lot of features, some a little confusing but overall not bad for the money.

Cons

Like I sad, a little confusing but I believe if they offered training it would a super great program.

Response from TenantCloud

Nancy, thank you for finding time to leave us a review. We value every opinion to make our service better for our users.

Stay safe,