TenantCloud

Rental property accounting & management software

The best simple property management SaaS

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Pros

Simple easy to use and understand. It works great without becoming complex.

Cons

Lacks custom features that might be desired

Jennifer

Good start, but needs tweaking

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

It's okay for the money, but could definitely use improvement.

It's okay for the money, but could definitely use improvement.

Pros

Online portal for reporting maintenance needs

Cons

Don't take me back to the dashboard transactions when I finish a task, instead let me go back to where I was "new tenants vs all tenants, etc) so I can continue with the next owner, tenant, etc. Let me add multiple tenants to a lease, even if they don't "connect" to each other in the applications. Pre-populate an amount in the distribution section so I don't have to remember how much I need to send to an owner. Easier accounting - let me pick an owner when I need to bill a tenant, so the payment gets posted to the owner's account more easily, or to my own account. Let me add to the accounting options for more specific charges, & let me decide who is getting paid for these charges (utilities when the property is vacant, etc). Let me add charges like a "monthly pet fee" without automatically setting it up for a management fee, where I have to delete the mgmt fee every month. Show NSF charges! Process payments more quickly. Give me more control over the accounting sections. Show ALL transactions under the owner transaction tabs, not just distributions. Allow more control over the leases. Let me choose when to charge management fees when a lease starts on a date other than the first. I don't want to charge mgmt fees on the date the lease starts. TenantCloud needs to be evaluated and set up by a property manager, not people who don't understand the ins and outs of property management, how to charge fees, etc. I don't like having to post multiple transactions to get one task done.

AppFolio Property Manager

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Started my own business and it was cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Pricing, but it lacks a lot of what the others have
  • Used for 2+ years

Scam that Won't Delete Your Account

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Pros

There was nothing about the software or customer experience that I enjoyed

Cons

Tenant cloud is *happy* to continue charging you every month, even though you haven't "completed setup" of your account; however, they:

- Have a customer service line that goes to voicemail (and no one returns your call)
- Have "chat" online that is unwilling to help, can't cancel your account, and won't transfer you to a supervisor

It's basically like the old "CD" scams that would get you paying a monthly rate and then make it very difficult to cancel the subscription

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to help all our customers and are trying to do that efficiently and in a timely manner.

As our Support Team has previously responded via a support ticket, your issue is being under review. You have subscribed to a paid plan and was using our system. Later we have added a new feature called "Onboarding" and since your account was missing some information it was shown to you as well.

Due to this, you must have misinterpreted the system onboarding. But the day you've contacted our Support Team, we have canceled your subscription. We are sorry you had such experience with our system. We are improving our service every day to make sure our users have the best tools that help their business.

Michael
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A great entry level software

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

Pros

Support is outstanding first and foremost. After that, it provides many of the features i needed in management platform, is very easy to navigate on the tenant side, a feature that would be a deal breaker as tenants don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find what they need, and the ability to record other company income and expenses suck as vending machine proceeds is a major plus.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to offer an online application without it being tied to a specific property, or requiring me to lust the property first. Also would like to see the ability to add new vendors on the fly through the expense form. When a maintenance guy brings mw a new receipt for payout, i often have to cancel the entey to go back and add a new vendor first.

Claudia

Great overall for now

Reviewed on 2022/07/06

So far I'm still transfering data and find it quite easy to do. I can give you more feedback in a few months when I start to actually use it with my tenants.

Pros

It is quite easy to use and have all what I want in property managing.

Cons

I wish you can have it more international user friendly by giving options to add/remove options. For example, I try to add equipment that are commonly provided in my country but then it's not available in the dropdown options so I have to compile them all in other.

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

I got stood up by their sales agent too many times that I cannot imagine how it'll be if I have problem in the future if they can't even keep their schedule to sell their product to me. Plus, TenantCloud have the $0 subscription that got me hooked (great marketing strategy!)

Response from TenantCloud

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

Malcolm
Malcolm
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Don't make property location identification compulsory through google

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

Personally I'm not happy about it's *add property location* feature. Google doesn't have addresses for the properties in my country so as a result when I try to add a property it shows an error message saying "your property is not found on google"

Pros

Lovely tools for my startup property management company. I'm in the process of trying the free version before paying

Cons

Google maps does not have sufficient deta of every single neighborhood in the world so by making the feature compulsory through google you only limit your market to developed cities while not giving a damn about all other properties which are located in smaller towns, developing and remote countries. Make it easy for every single property in the world to be managed through the software...

Buildium

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

Free version to begin with so that I can grow with the software
Sharron

TenantCloud is a cost-effective, easy-to-use alternative to the big clunky platforms

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Overall, I appreciate that someone was able to work with me through issues with my setup. The price is extremely competitive and the platform is very user friendly.

Pros

Price and user interface are great. There was always someone on the other end when I called in to customer service. And a representative followed up with me to ensure that my issues were resolved.

Cons

Some limitations with functionality related to owner reporting and billing. I wish there was a direct link to the tenant and owner portals.

AppFolio Property Manager and Buildium

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Buildium was taking too long to approve my account, the customer service was not helpful, and the value was not worth the price.

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

The price for TenantCloud was more competitive than Buildium. AppFolio is too clunky and not designed for smaller portfolios.
Rebecca

Great software for landlords that grows with you!

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

All rents coming through the same system and management of maintenance issues.

All rents coming through the same system and management of maintenance issues.

Pros

This is easy to use and I like the help videos/articles I can send my tenants to help with onboarding. It's a great price too. I'm at 12 units now but am acquiring 16 more so I'm glad my cost won't change per month.

Cons

I wish the help videos for tenants were in Spanish as well. A few of my tenants were confused about standard vs advanced tenant set up.

Avail

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

RentRedi was not working for many of my tenants

RentRedi

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

I really LOVE Avail but it's very expensive compared to Tenant Cloud.
Dean

A tool you want and what you need

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

Pros

Property and tenant tracking is a feature beyond other softwares. Some softwares offer very elegant features to set up your property and lease, but when the lease expires and a new tenant moves it hits a brick wall. Tenantcloud is set up to help manage your properties through their life

Cons

I would like some gaming functionality for rewarding tenants for on time or early payments. Raise brand awareness and loyalty.

Lee
Lee
  • Industry: Capital Markets
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Satisfied small scale landlord

Reviewed on 2022/12/07

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - Satisfied with the overall capabilities of the free version of TC. This has given us a more secure platform to receive payments from tenants, track the status of payments, and keep a library of invoices and other documents (for both tenant & landlord).

Pros

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - it's very helpful to associate tenants with rent obligations; and have a platform that automatically generates invoices and receipts. It's extremely helpful to have a secure platform that tenants and landlords can use for payment, and is user friendly. This is an organized and accessible way to ensure tenants have the right access to documents, as well as generates receipts following their payments. Seeing payments pass through multiple stages on the platform is helpful to stay updated. Very helpful for use across small scale landlords.

Cons

For use in small scale property management scenarios, by owner - The processing time from payments to transferred into landlord account is longer than expected, and the only area that I would really like to see improvement in the free version of TC access. Additionally, I would like the ability to split or share rent between tenants more accessible on the free TC platform

Ryan

Makes managing tenants a little easier

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Tenant Cloud keeps things simple. This is what I want. There are some extremnely robust solutions that offer similar offering...but too much...is sometimes overwhelming. This suits my needs just fine. There are minor issues that could use some work however I feel like Tenant Cloud will likely get better as time goes on and for now I'm happy to go along for the ride! I think they have all the nuts and bolts for the most part and the price is reasonable. I would recommend people to give it a try.

Pros

Tenant Cloud helps with automation naturally. If I can use software that takes manually entries out of the equation...I'm a fan. This software does that nicely. Tenants can view and digitally sign their lease, view charges, pay rent, communicate through platform if they like. Oh and it generates reports. What else do you really need? The interface is rather simple...easy to work with and graphically pleasing. It's rather intuitive. Doesn't take long to become comfortable. It's a nice product offering that solves my problems.

Cons

There are small details that can be frustrating but overlooked. When drafting my boilerplate lease...the format comes out slight wrong every time. The software creates a bunch of space between words or sentences. It appears random but I just edit it every time I create a lease...to clean it up and look proper. Setting up the lease could use a few tweaks. Tenant can not see a list of charges until AFTER the lease is signed. I'd like for them to see the charges at the time the lease is signed. It helps Tenant visually see what they are paying for at time of signing.

Response from TenantCloud

We are very grateful for your kind words. Thanks a lot for such a positive feedback.

Kelli

Tenant Cloud is the perfect solution for us!

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Great experience, I would recommend they take requests and complaints more serious. As well, when making changes with updates, ensure that they are updates that consumers need or won't affect their current uses.

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to personalize most of the information input into the software.

Cons

The updates that are made regularly often affect items we were using and then they are no longer useful to us.

Propertyware

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Propertyware is to in-depth of software, and requires too many fields for each entry or item you want to include.

Propertyware

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate that.

Wellington

Very good product at an affordable price!

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

Overall, I'm very pleased with the software and customer service.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the software and customer service.

Pros

I started my professional career working for a large firm and using a different system. When I went in to business for myself, I knew what features I needed...TenantCloud offered all that I needed at a very good price.

Cons

My biggest Con with TenantCloud seems to have been addressed. The payment processing procedure and speed was very slow. The introduction of Faster Payments has greatly improved the product.

Greg

Can't Be Beat!

Reviewed on 2021/05/01

Excellent.

Excellent.

Pros

Price and Features, responsive support, no glitches, works as advertised.

Cons

Couple of tenants say they struggled with the payment app a bit.

Yardi Breeze

Reasons for Choosing TenantCloud

Less Money, more features, good support.

PropertyZar

Reasons for Switching to TenantCloud

More value for the money.
April

TenantCloud is a time saver

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

SO far great, I have been able to make this work as a first time business owner and have not had any hurdles getting my Tenants what they need. (Or my accountant)Set up was easy, support has been fast to respond, and use was intuitive.

Pros

The one stop shop saves me a ton of time when communicating to my tenants as well as reconciling my books!

Cons

There seems to be no great way to account for owner contributions and deposit returns form vendors. This makes reconciling a bit difficult in those areas only.A few buggy type things with notifications but that doesn't get in the way of smaller businesses I can see this as an issue while scaling. Another feature that would be ideal is easy print of ticket / chat communications if needed for records.

QuickBooks Online
Jacob

The best simple property management SaaS

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

Pros

Tenantcloud makes it simple and easy to fully track all rent payment & rent due.

Cons

Minor things like unable to customize automatic commissions calculator

RentRedi and Zillow Rental Manager

Price & features
Nina

Best property management software for small business

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

TenantCloud really helps in everyday rental management. It's easy to list vacant units, screen applicants, move in tenants, receive and track payments, assign maintenance requests and keep everything on the go with the mobile app. The support team is great. I have been asking for an autopay feature for a while and after few months they got back to me saying it was ready. Overal, I'm happy with my choice.

Pros

I am using TenantCloud for a while now and I really think they are doing a great work. I love the updates and the new design for the website. I like that for a small charge it gives you a bunch of valuable features. Especially I like that option of running the right report in the system and having the option to pay myself or having the tenant pay.

Cons

I think it is great that this product always have updates and adds different options that are valuable for landlords. I would only ask to add an inspection tool and maybe some way to send text messages to tenants and service providers through the site/app.

Response from TenantCloud

Thanks for the great feedback! We will pass your ideas to our development team.

Jordan

Self-serving meddlers

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Terrible. Bad software. Bad leaders. Will do whatever suits them including talk to your tenants without you knowing.

Pros

Nothing. Stay away because they will interfere with your business.

Cons

TenantCloud [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a reporter and during the COVID-19 pandemic sent a survey to ALL tenants suggesting MULTIPLE ways to avoid paying their rent and asked if they would speak to a reporter. TenantCloud never told the Landlords about contacting their tenants or asked permission.

Response from TenantCloud

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to inform you that we are taking into consideration your opinion to become better. We would also like to add, that the survey you have mentioned was sent to registered users at TenantCloud which agreed to take part in surveys and no other contacts, applicants, leads, roommates or dependents were contacted. Once again, as we told before, the purpose was to help landlords and tenants during these unpredictable times. We value your feedback.

Best regards and stay safe,
TenantCloud Team

Richard

TenantCloud must use

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

Only great experience so far. Few issues I've had customer support was able to help.

Pros

Accounting, listing rentals, invoicing, tracking maintenance. All very easy with tenantcloud. App makes it easier.

Cons

Leasing a unit can be a little difficult to navigate. Customer support is email only.

Whitney

Fairly simple and easy product

Reviewed on 2023/07/21

Pros

It was really easy to learn without having to watch hours of training videos

Cons

I wish I could create roles and let them have any kind of access I want. Instead I have to rely on just maintenance roles, owner roles and that is a real downfall for us.

Molida

Best inexpensive cloud property management system out there!

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I did extensive researching trying to find an affordable property management system that was cloud based and stumbled upon this one. I had signed up for the free version and loved the functionality of it all. Easy to navigate and look up by property or tenant. Love how you're able to implement a copy/scan of the actual lease agreement and save it. Everything is very simple and just the basics, like maintenance, tenant info, property info and ability to add pictures of the property as well, to reports, etc. Since then I had decided to upgrade to their 100 -150 property plan. The recent upgrades have made it worth my money.

Cons

When logging in a particular property's rent payment (and lets say i needed to log multiple payments for this property for different months that were behind) and after I click on save, it brings me back to the list of all the properties instead of back to the same property's accounting page to which I had just recorded a payment. Makes it a little difficult to log multiple payments for one property since I like to be able to view which months are behind and how much and have to ability to log payments accordingly.

Karsten

Double Time LLC - Tenant Cloud review

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

So far, I like the product. Seems pretty easy to use, and helps me keep leases and payments organized.

Pros

I like the lease management functionality and the ability to collect rent online

Cons

I've run into a couple limitations on number of lease documents and where to keep misc. notes. But nothing real annoying. The biggest disappointment was the extra cost for the ACH transactions. I originally selected the product because there were none, and the found out shortly after I started using that there would be the additional fees.

Chrstopher
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Stressful... constantly opening support tickets with problems, no fast phone support

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

The software has been overly stressful and take more of my time to use then I ever thought it would.

Pros

Lots of functionality, nice user interface, great mobile app, decent online support help (when applicable)

Cons

I've been using the software for almost a year now, and If I had to start over again, I WOULDN'T choose this software. It has been a non-stop struggle to get my tenant's user accounts connected to my landlord account, so they can access lease docs, pay invoices, etc. I have about 12 tenants using the software. At least half of them have had problems setting up a new user account and getting it connected to my landlord account. I'm constantly submitting support tickets and there is always a new reason why their account won't connect, and frankly the reason don't logically add up and in most cases simply aren't accurate. I've also had other issues like late invoices for monthly rent not generating late charges timely.

Tina

Broker owner

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

I found this program to be beneficial in many ways. It helps me keep track of my renters and also my insurance and any billing that I do per unit I find that the program is inexpensive and helpful to assist me with keeping organized.

Pros

I enjoy the fix it and forget it style of assistance this program offers.

Cons

Any program is hard to learn in the beginning is always the hardest but I do find it anytime I have some thing that I need to do. I have to research how to correct it fix it and work with it.

brandon

2 Year User

Reviewed on 2023/09/28

Overall we really like Tenant cloud. It keeps us organized, especially since our business is really growing. You need something like this to really scale your RE business.

Pros

It is easy to get new tenants set up for payments, maintenance requests, and to reach out to us with any questions.

Cons

The renewing lease feature tends to not work often.