Showing 23 reviews of 13

TaxSlayer Books

Online accounting & bookkeeping for small businesses

Showing 23 reviews of 13
Vladimir D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Use Taxslayer to do my taxes.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

I like the ability to important tax documents so I don't have to sit there and manually punch in things, on the documents I can. Also TaxSlayer does a great job of guiding you through the process and making sure you don't miss any important details. I felt confident when I submitted.

Cons

At first glance, it can be somewhat overwhelming and if you have over 3+ sources of income, this will take you some time. Some people might prefer doing the old school well and going to a real person but if you have all your documents in digital, this is still a good route.

Jennifer V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Good product to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

It's very easy to use, and easy to save progress and final files. Easy to go from federal to state, too.

Cons

It doesn't have as many features as their main competitor, but if you don't have complicated taxes, it's great and way cheaper.

Diane T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very Helpful Tax Preparation Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

I have only recently discovered TaxSlayer, after struggling to do my taxes manually because most software capable of doing small business forms for the self employed were too expensive. So far I am impressed.

Pros

This software does everything one needs to complete even complicated tax forms, but has the lowest cost for comparable tax preparation software, in my experience.

Cons

I found the software to sufficiently meet my tax preparation needs and did not yet find any flaws to describe, although I have not had the opportunity to fully use this until next tax season.

Rehan V.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perfect for small business

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

Easy to comprehend.

Pros

Taxslayer features includes billing and invoicing, tracking expenses, data import and export, invoice management.

Cons

Software does not have as many features as its competitors.

Really great software to track expenses. Perfect for small business

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Organizational freedom. It is very user friendly and has helpful tips.

Pros

I like the price point for small businesses. And I like how easy it is to use and keep my expenses organized for tax time. It even links up to the tax forms when I file.

Michelle W.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Taxslayer

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

Pros

Easy ability to follow steps and enter tax information. Feel confident in doing self taxes.

Cons

Unable to do local taxes for cities in Ohio.

Chelsea L.
  • Industry: Accounting

Learned software in school

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Less time entering expenses and trying to figure out the software. Price more reasonable for smaller businesses that aren't heavily using a bookkeeping software.

Pros

Easy to use and beginner friendly. Great for small businesses and priced reasonably. Very organized with an easy to use guide.

Cons

May need more extensive features for larger companies. Would recommending not being able to delete entries as this could can lead fraud and harder audit trails .

Kate M.

TAXSLAYER BOOKS

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

TAXSLAYER BOOKS, inputting the information is easy. It couldn't be less intimidating with the guidance of the Tax Slayer. You will never go back to paying someone hundreds of dollars to do what you can do with confidence.

Rebecca B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great software for just about anyone to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

This software is very easy to use and intuitive. I think just about anyone could use this software and not have any issues navigating.

Cons

I haven't used this software a lot but when I did use it, I didn't have any problems navigating it or understanding anything. I think overall it's a pretty good software.

Anthony B.

Our experience has been great! Very easy to use, and customer support is very responsive.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Ease of use. Many of our clients use another popular brand of bookkeeping software, but once we show them the features of Taxslayer Books, they usually convert. We love the support we receive, and everything just works.

Cons

Some functions are not intuitive, or require steps that may be "non common sense". This mainly applies to printing some of the reports we use.

• Industry: Accounting

Taxslayer vs Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I've been a user of that other major accounting program but find that it's overwhelming for some basic needs clients. I've recommended Taxslayer Books to many users and always here good things.

Pros

Pretty simple to use for the self-employed or for very small businesses with minimal accounting needs. Great that it links right into Tax Slayer for tax time. Can't beat the price.

Cons

Reports are not as robust as other accounting programs.

George B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Effective Way to File State and Federal Income Taxes

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I prepared 75 income filings each year. TaxSlayer eases the effort and can be easily explained to the client.

Pros

Workflow, revenue to deductions. The ease is consistent with income, reductions, income due or owed.
Interface with printer is plug and play.
Training of others is simplified.

Cons

Complex State tax matters can be difficult to identify.
State tax filing can not be filed without a dollar, no zero state income is accepted.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Very easy platform to prepare taxes

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Pros

I was a volunteer tax preparer for VITA and this software allowed me to easily prepare taxes for low-income individuals in the Richmond area.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but after you get used to it, it is easy to use.