TurboTax Business

Tax preparation for federal & state income tax returns

Ken B.

Makes Taxes Easy

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Overall, I love using the software. Makes doing taxes quick and gives me the confidence that I didn't miss anything. Also, the auto-calculations ensure that there are no mathematical errors on your part.

Pros

I have used TurboTax for Business for years. In addition to being an employee, I also have some of my own Sole Proprietorships. The software walks a person step-by-step through every aspect of his taxes, accounting for all his income and also for all possible deductions and credits. It auto-calculates the totals.

Also, you can use the software to file your taxes electronically, which usually results in a very quick refund, if any is due.

Cons

Occasionally, there are special circumstances when you have to do a manual over-ride of the software's calculations, but if you do that then there are times when you can't use the software to file electronically. Your calculations will still be correct, but you'll have to file a printed paper copy and send through the mail rather than electronically. This isn't the case with all manual over-rides, but it can happen.

Amy T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Highly recommend as a DIY option for income taxes

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

TurboTax Business really walks you through everything you need. My taxes aren't extraordinarily complex, but I do run an inventory-based business, so it's more complex than a basic employee tax filing. That said, TurboTax really seems like it can handle the tax situations of quite a lot of people. It's pretty reasonably priced, and asks you questions that walk you through everything. They've got helpful explanations embedded within the software for questions you'd likely have about a specific section. They also have a pretty thorough help section, as well as live support if you need (though I never did). I hadn't ever done my own taxes before (only used H&R Block or similar in the past before owning a business), but I felt like TurboTax was very approachable.

Cons

The only small complaint I have is that if you aren't working on the software for a little while, it logs you out (which is great for security purposes), but then when you log back in, it just takes you to the dashboard and you have to navigate back to the part you were working on. I wish it would give you the option when you log back in of taking you directly to the last page you had been on when it logged you out.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect Way to File Your Own Taxes If you do a Simple return

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

I have been using TurboTax to file my own taxes for about 4 years now. It's consistently getting better and easier to use. My personal information auto-populates from last year and I can import my W-2's easily. It takes me about an hour to file my taxes, quick and easy. I do not have a very complicated tax return but I always feel confident that TurboTax has asked me enough questions to make sure I am getting the maximum return back.

Cons

They charge you more to auto-populate your personal info from last year. I had a question about why I did not qualify for a tax credit this year, none of the help buttons or articles were giving me a clear enough answer. I wanted to speak to a customer service rep in person and I scheduled for them to call me but never received a phone call. When I called I had to go thru the usual automated answer/waiting on hold deal. Defeats the purpose of having a no wait option to request a phone call.

Kevin Z.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This is Tax software done right.

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Our Tax situation as a business is very straightforward and does not require a tax professional to solve, that means software like this has empowered us to file our own taxes and cut out the middleman without losing any deductions or credits as a result.

Pros

TurboTax Business is quite possibly the easiest way to file taxes for small business period. we are using this along side with Quick-books online so integration is seamless. It has all of the forms for every kind of employee and business tax situation including obscure ones like business tangible and Meals Tax in Arlington county. The Audit defense is very helpful if you are worried you made an error while filing (Peace of mind!)

Cons

There have never been any issues using this software for us, the customer service is top notch and always able to help when we don't understand a feature or have a question.

Caroline H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The only way I will do taxes

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

overall, I love using turbo tax. I no longer dread tax season, instead I'm excited to log into the program, check out the previous years summary, and file my new information.

Pros

I have been using this software for three tax seasons now and I will never go back. Turbotax is a breeze and I love how you can see your breakdown before you file anything. It is also important that they keep all of your records from previous years.

Cons

nothing is free- but turbotax can be significantly cheaper than hiring a human tax preparer. Alternatively you could attempt to do them yourself, but time is also money.

Danielle S.
  • Industry: Design

Used for Years

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Quick and easy to use and I can do it from home.

Pros

As a small business owner I wanted to use something was easy and that I could do on my own. For years it has worked for me.

Cons

Customer service isn't the best. There is a helpful faq but something one on one is better

Response from Intuit

It's heartwarming for us to hear about your success with QuickBooks, Danielle. Being a member of the QuickBooks family means that we'll always have yours and your businesses back. Kindest regards! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Maya E.

Great product for business owners

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Overall, my experience with TurboTax Business has been pleasant and I will continue to use this software,

Pros

I love that it allows me to keep all of my information together for tax season nicely organized. IT also allows me to easily complete my taxes.

Cons

I think it can have added features to really make it worth the price. Additional features would enhance the functionality and allow the users more bang for their buck.

Bryan F.

I'm no accountant.

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I continue to use it yearly but I'm seriously looking to replace it.

Pros

It allows me to get my taxes done. It uses direct questions and to help fill out tax forms.

Cons

Every year there is some soft ware glitch that costs me time or money and there is never a person to speak to when their interaction is needed to get something resolved.

Holly C.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for 2+ years

For a one person company, saves so much time and money

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

I have used Turbotax for a few years and every year it seems more user friendly and easier to navigate.

Pros

I love doing things myself to save some money. I love that I can import all my information from Quickbooks so so easily, and then just enter a few other personal things. I do my taxes in about an hour.

Cons

There are a lot of extra things that don't apply, but that's not a huge issue to navigate past. It lets you know what is important.

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for more advanced taxes

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

When all you have is a W2 doing your own taxes is a piece of cake. But one you decide to switch things up and become self-employed, taxes go to a whole new level of complicated. I know I would've missed out on a ton of money if it weren't for turbo tax and honestly I probably would've been audited at some point too.

Pros

The help it gave me in figuring out how to get the most out of being self employed.

Cons

It was more expensive than I would've liked but it did pay for itself and then some.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Staying the leader for a reason

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Would use again. Though it's not perfect, it's still likely the best at what it does.

Pros

The easily-guided screens are very user friendly and give frequent and usable tips and tricks each step of the way. Was very happy with the customer-friendly design

Cons

Sometimes they make things a bit too in-depth. More guided options should be available (I.E. do you want to look at all or some options) when entering the information.

John P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

TurboTax is the best thing since sliced bread!

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

While we have not used it recently, when we had to use it several years ago, it made all the difference.

Pros

Makes filing your taxes, even with a small business, so easy! We've used other versions of TurboTax as well and have never been disappointed.

Cons

The support is hit or miss... when we have hit a bump in the road, it takes quite a bit of phone help to solve it.

Michael M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simple Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

Pros

Great experience - very much like the personal TurboTax.

Cons

Nothing - no cons I can think of at this time.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Works very well, and reasonably priced

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

excellent.

Pros

it does everything i need it to do. i used to file returns on paper, but then some of the states began requiring electronic filing. this was a very reasonably priced product, and i have been using it for 15+ years.

Cons

sometimes it can have some very obscure bugs, but they always get worked out before i had to file.

Pamela Y.

TurboTax is awesome

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Very easy to do business taxes, especially if you have tax knowledge.

Pros

Ease of use, will guide you through topics that you aren't too familiar with, can e-file federal and state

Cons

Sometimes difficult to override amounts or categories that are pre-set. Everything else is really great

• Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The basic software is really intuitive and works great. Beware of them scamming you into paying

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Turbo Tax business is a solid, but sort of manipulative tool

Pros

I think that the basic Turbo Tax software does a really great job making taxes more accesible to everyone.

Cons

They try to upsell you time and time again. They force you to but their premium the second it get complicated

Karli T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Student Organization Taxes

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Taxes shouldn't suck the life out of you, and this program helps make sure that does not happen. Great product, would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Ease of use in TurboTax is incredible. I am a huge proponent of the personal model, and would highly recommend anyone using the business model also. It is simple and cleanly designed for easy input of data.

Cons

Sometimes it "coaches" a little too much, but this is probably not a problem for most!

Syed mustafa F.

It cant be any more easier to file your taxes!

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I filed my e-commerce business tax as well as the small retail business tax that my parents run using the Turbo Tax Business and it was super easy. It was just that it cost a fortune for the luxury.

Pros

It basically guides you through everything. If you know how to read you can file the taxes on this software no matter how complicated they are. Multiple businesses and property taxes are also very easily done through it.

Cons

The price if made lower can really make it more affordable. For small businesses its very hard to get such expenses done.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Best software for the everyday user

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

This software makes filing my Schedule C business easy every year.

Cons

Wish it came as part of the standard package, but have to pay as an add-on.

Jack C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

I was very please when i started to do my taxes

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Pros

This software is well planned out. Lays everything out for you. And if you have to skip. Something to come back, its easy to find where you left off. The efiling feature was co convenient too. Thanks!

Cons

Maybe more insight into how to get optimized tax return next year.

Alan N.

Business taxes simplified

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

I used turbo tax business to file taxes for my business.

Pros

The user interface made it seem as though I was being questioned by a tax representative.

Cons

Nothing about this software left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a good value.

Jasmine S.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

TURBO TO TURBOTAX

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

I have used and still use Turbotax for my business finances.

Pros

I like the convenience of the application, the detailed information and the ease of use. This application is extremely helpful.

Cons

There were no features that I felt were missing and/or could be improved as of now. The app is very easy to use and has features that could provide additional help if needed.

Mike C.

TurboTax Business

Reviewed on 2019/11/03

Highly recommended for small business.

Pros

As a raltively new entrepreneur, I like the ability to save money and still be able to get quality tax advice. The guided navigation on the TurboTax site is very helpful and it simplifies the tax filing process with built-in rules and prompts that alert you to tax-related items that you wouldn't otherwise think to research.

Cons

There wasn't much that I disliked about the product. I didn't like that I had to pay extra for audit support and similar post-filing assistance. Other than that, I really like the product.

• Industry: Accounting

You don't have to be a tax expert to prepare your return

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

If you run a business, and if it is still a start-up phase, you probably don't want to spend a lot of money for your income tax return preparations. However, regardless of the size of your business, you NEED to file your return, and this program will help you guide through complicated tax codes. You don't have to be a tax expert to prepare your return.

Cons

You will still need to have some kind of understandings of tax codes. Sometimes, input can be tricky.. But, overall, very good quality of product!

Jessica M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

How have we made it without this for so long

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

very happy with the money we saved the time it takes is pretty worth it

Pros

This software has been a life saver for us to use. Not only did it save us money from having a professional do it we learned a lot from it

Cons

it was a little costly for having to do everything ourselves, however we found some tax breaks we fell into that we didnt know about before