TurboTax Business Reviews

TurboTax Business

Tax preparation for small to medium-sized businesses

Kevin
Kevin
  • Used for 2+ years

Pretty good but not great

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

good/organized, would rec for a larger company than my own

good/organized, would rec for a larger company than my own

Pros

used it when i had a very small business, easy to use but did not feel like it was worth the money.

Cons

a little pricey for the small amount of money i was making in my very small business. i ended up going a different route

Yonatan
  • Industry: Accounting

"TaxAct Proficient"

Reviewed on 2021/07/23

Totally love it. It really is more thorough than required.

Totally love it. It really is more thorough than required.

Pros

The solitary thing that would improve this product is somewhat more capacity to tweak announcing.

Cons

Private alcove announcing could be somewhat more adaptable. Nonetheless, it is a minor issue in the general execution.

Joe

Not as good as in the past.

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

Its an annual event to file and pay taxes, both Federal and State. I have used this software since it first was issued and this year was pretty much the first time I had problems. The first problem was when I tried to open an old return and it would not open claiming I had to put the purchase code in again. Well not that easy I called Turbo Tax support and they saw I purchased the software but couldn't find a key. Lucky I had a paper copy after 20 minutes somehow the line went dead. So much for support. Problem 2. Apple like to update its OS and Turbo Tax made the decision to make their software to only work on the new OS. I have not updated my computer because of old software that works and I don't have a need to spend about $2500 to update all the software just to do the taxes. I figured out a way by using someone else's computer and e-mailing my last years tax return to them and allowing it to be used with the new software. Turbo Tax should not have taken this step to make their software only to work on the newest system. This is a problem in the industry where I believe it is done to generate upgrade sales without regard to the consumer.

Pros

That is is still somewhat easy to use, but the new requirement of only working on the new MAC OS is a major problem.

Cons

That it would not work on an older computer that had all my old tax records that was used with previous editions of this software.

PATRICIA
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Turbotax Business

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

I filed business returns, rental property, Individual and business taxes. The software is more advanced for these types of returns.

Pros

Able to process business returns with ease and accuracy

Cons

I think the price is too high, It could be more affordable like the home version

Lori
Lori
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2021/07/03

Straight forward.

Straight forward.

Pros

It is straightforward and pretty easy to use. It walks you through each step and if you have questions, you can click to learn more. You can also utilize live tax advisors to help. Also, If you have a simple tax return you can file it free with electronic filing. TurboTax is a great way to get your taxes done.

Cons

I really haven't noticed any cons for this software. The pricing seems reasonable or comparable to other tax software.

Ron
Ron

Non-existent support ruined my customer experience

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

This is the second time I have tried to use Turbotax Corporate, and I will never use this product again!! I was hopeful that the product was improved from the last time I tried it, and while it looked hopeful to start, the moment you encounter an error, you are screwed. I only gave the Turbotax Corporate a second chance, because I’m a huge fan of Turbotax for individuals and QuickBooks. I have used Quickbooks for 17 years and Turbotax for my personal tax returns since 2008. (Back when it was called QuickTax)

Pros

The desktop version of the software interfaces well with Quickbooks and updating most information with the exception of the CCA details was easy.

Cons

The CCA section of the program is horrible, and this is where the non-existent customer support is really hurting Intuit. I'm confident that the developers had a decent idea of when they built this section of the program, but the forms are not intuitive, and the context sensitive help is not helpful. I spent half an hour using the chat to try to get help, but it was probably in the top 2 of my worst experiences with customer support.

Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Great for more advanced taxes

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

When all you have is a W2 doing your own taxes is a piece of cake. But one you decide to switch things up and become self-employed, taxes go to a whole new level of complicated. I know I would've missed out on a ton of money if it weren't for turbo tax and honestly I probably would've been audited at some point too.

Pros

The help it gave me in figuring out how to get the most out of being self employed.

Cons

It was more expensive than I would've liked but it did pay for itself and then some.

latricia
latricia
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Turbo Tax Review

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

customer service is amazing the tech support is on point and I recommended other to used this software for their business.

Pros

The software is very easy to used it's explain everything you need to know to file your taxes correctly

Cons

I don't find any issues wrong with the product I always had good outcome when using the service overall.

April
April
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Always been good software!!!

Reviewed on 2022/06/13

My overall experience with TurboTax is that I can always get my information when I need it and it’s easy to use. They always have someone that can answer any questions I have if I can’t find it on the software. TurboTax has been great for my business.

Pros

The best thing I have always like about this software is that I don’t have to anything but put in my information. It has always have any new changes done when it needs it.

Cons

There really isn’t anything I can say bad about this software. I have use this software for 6 years now and it have always great for my business.

Stephen
Stephen
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Your Timely and Terrific Tool for Taxes

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Turbo Tax for business is fantastic! It offers you a quick and easy solution for managing all the components of your personal or small business. In addition, if you use other products by the same software developer, they integrate well allowing you to pull in information like donations, expenses...etc. If you are looking to save money on having your taxes prepared, I would highly recommend first looking at Turbo Tax!

Pros

Turbo Tax takes what can be very complicated tax forms and breaks the whole process down into easy step by step instructions.

Cons

It can be hard to know at first which turbo tax product to get and whether or not you need the business solution.

Andy
  • Industry: Music

Amazing for Business Owners and Self-Employed

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

My overall experience has been amazing. Truly a helpful solution to doing your taxes and it is a fraction of the cost of a CPA. Every dollar can count when you're self-employed so saving that little bit during tax season and being at ease knowing you're using a great platform has helped a ton. Highly recommended!

Pros

TurboTax saves a lot of money versus going to a CPA for tax season! It's highly intuitive and easy to use, even while being self-employed and owning my own business. Every year, the financial landscape changes and different sources of income come and go, but TurboTax asks you so many specific questions while working on your tax return that it makes figuring everything out very easy. In cases where I have been confused, a quick google search yields many results from their site and customer support, which have answered every question I've ever had. I've heard that their customer service and guidance is amazing but I haven't needed to use it.

Cons

Occasionally there is a vague question but that is very rare and usually easily answered. Also, at the end of your return, if something is wrong, it won't process its final analysis so you need to go back and find the problem. Sometimes it's easy to find and other times they don't make it pop out so you have to search for a bit to figure out what was missed or what is incorrect.

Joseph
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Sole Proprietorship Taxes

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Overall, turbotax business is a very good product. It has worked for my practice and as a sole proprietorship it is all that is needed versus an accountant. If you need it for an LLC that is too big, an accountant may be a better choice. If one is self-employed, small business, combines personal and business income, then I would highly recommend.

Pros

A. The user interface is friendly compared to other tax software
B. The online version at intuit is user friendly in that you can stop & go anytime you want when filling out sections
C. Finds a good amount of credits and deductions I never realized existed as a sole proprietorship and money loss.
D. Does a good audit/check at the very end so everything appears filled properly
E. Cheaper than an accountant for a small business

Cons

A. The tax breaks & credits at the state level sometimes are not always there
B. Some sections are a bit confusing but if you cross check the description or on the IRS website it becomes more self explanatory
C. Works well for self employed and small business but larger institutions might have more of a headache

JAZZMEN
  • Industry: Design

Turbo love

Reviewed on 2021/07/13

My overall experience was phenomenal i couldn't of asked for a better tax company to handle my finances.

Pros

I love that turbo always filed my taxes upon no issues nor delays. I always got paid on schedule and they always help fix any issue virtually 24/7.

Cons

I cant say i least like them the company is a great business completely professional i couldn't find any bad reason to dislike the company.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 1+ year

TurboTax Business Used to be Great!

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

My overall experience used to be great but after the stimulus diabocle I have to say it has been horrible. I would suggest using anywhere else besides TurboTax to do your taxes. Whether you go to the office or do it yourself online through their "easy to follow" format, they still make mistakes on your behalf.

Pros

I used to love TurboTax Business when it came to getting my taxes done every year. After the first round of stimulus checks went out to the American public and I did not receive mine because of a TurboTax error, I was very upset. I as well as many other users tried to let them know on social media about the issue but they waited days before addressing the problem!

Cons

When millions of Americans were receiving their first and second stimulus check with ease, I was still waiting on both because of TurboTax! They promised to rectify the mistake as quickly as possible but it took about 2 months for the first stimulus to finally reach my account via direct deposit and another month for the second. I do not recommend TurboTax because their customer service is terrible!

• Industry: Printing
  • Used for 2+ years

Works for the vast majority of small businesses

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

It handles a huge amount of unique tax situations and does a decent job "growing" with your needs. The way it can automatically import tax forms and w2s is also wonderful. Our house hold has a w2 employee and two self-employed people and it handles all of our revenue, expenses, schedule Ks, schedule 1099s, and more with ease

Cons

If you want to stop and come back it makes you go back over SSOOOOO many things again and again. To ensure an easy filing, have everything ready to go. Sometimes we like to enter in as much as we can and then finish up a few weeks later when all the forms come in (schedule Ks can take a while). To go back in to enter new information, it forces us to answer the same questions again that we've already answered. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

Ronak
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very Intuitive Software

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

Easy to use software with great tools.

Easy to use software with great tools.

Pros

The software is well built. All the formulas and calculations are accurate. Gives you great suggestions for a bigger refund check.

Cons

Customer Service is not what you expect. During the call, I was provided a service code for 20% off which never worked.

Kwesi

Streamline your Taxes for your Small Business!

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

I love the way you can seamlessly review items or allow the software to guide you. Why? Simple, I save time and am vastly more efficient than if I actually went to a CPA or a tax preparer's office. And if, unlike me, you have a larger business with employees, then it has enough features and tools to help you succeed.

Cons

Outside of a little bit of difficulty retrieving older documents from a few of the screens, nothing stands out to me.

Aaron
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used for 2+ years

TurboTax Business is Top Notch!

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use. It asks a series of questions and gives considerations for all sorts of things related to your taxes and, your business, specifically. It performed all data calculations for me, and I've never had an issue with my returns using TurboTax Business. I've actually had to use the Audit Defense feature twice, and it was amazing to work with the attorneys who communicated with the IRS on my behalf. It is well worth the money.

Cons

Over the years, it has increased in price. That's my only criticism. But that is also to be expected and is worth every penny. It is also considerably cheaper than the competitors.

• Industry: Design
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Works great for an uncomplicated small business

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

It does what I need easily and I have no complaints, and for taxes and bookkeeping, that's what you're looking for!

Pros

I have a small business on the side and TurboTax Business serves my needs really well. Keeps me organized and makes tax time a breeze. If you've got a lot more going on or this is your primary business, you may be looking for more functionality, but for a side hustle this is top notch.

Cons

Every time I've tried to contact customer service they haven't been a ton of help. Always want you to buy into a higher tier or send you to the forums. I usually find an answer there but it would be great to have people who'd answer your questions quickly.

Priscilla
Priscilla
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

It is a fair tax application but there's better ones

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

I had no issues with it I just found a better program

I had no issues with it I just found a better program

Pros

it got the job done and I didn't have to redo them they weren't sent back to me so hey taxes accomplished

Cons

It does not have the features or functionality of QuickBooks

Great if your taxes are simple

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Turbotax is a great solution for young single people with few assets, 1099s, investments, or savings accounts.

Cons

Intuit lobbies the government to make your taxes more difficult to do without turbotax. Not suitable for complex taxes.

Caroline
  • Used for 2+ years

The only way I will do taxes

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

overall, I love using turbo tax. I no longer dread tax season, instead I'm excited to log into the program, check out the previous years summary, and file my new information.

Pros

I have been using this software for three tax seasons now and I will never go back. Turbotax is a breeze and I love how you can see your breakdown before you file anything. It is also important that they keep all of your records from previous years.

Cons

nothing is free- but turbotax can be significantly cheaper than hiring a human tax preparer. Alternatively you could attempt to do them yourself, but time is also money.

Timothy
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used for 1+ year

Great for Small Biz

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

We will definitely use this going forward for our taxes. Very simple and reasonably priced!

Pros

I liked that because we use Intuit Quickbooks Online, we could import all of our information with just a click and a few questions. We had previously been doing taxes the old fashioned way and implemented this last year. 100x easier and I was more confident in our return with TurboTax's guarantees.

Cons

It was a little confusing when we first started what we needed to include or where certain expenses should go but the help pages were really informative.

Very Helpful for Those Without Tax Knowledge

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

My overall experience with TurboTax has been good. I have successfully been able to file on my behalf multiple times and very easily!

Pros

I like TurboTax because for the last couple years, I have filed my taxes by myself and TurboTax has made it extremely easy for me to do that! It is easy to follow and I have never had an issue with my filings or returns.

Cons

What I liked least about this software are all the premium features such as not being able to have access to some files after certain amounts of time.

David
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Quality Product, Saves Money Every Year

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Overall if provides a huge cost savings every year over the same tasks performed by tax professional...

Overall if provides a huge cost savings every year over the same tasks performed by tax professionals.

Pros

TurboTax Business allows you to do many tax tasks that we used to have our CPA do at $150 an hour. You can try different scenarios and see which one helps you the most. Allows you to file tax returns electronicly and gives status emails on the submissions.

Cons

Occasionally there are somewhat confusing answers in the Help Section and you have to reach out just to be sure you are performing things correctly.