PromoRepublic

Social Media Marketing Solution

Hugo O.

Time Saving

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Overall, the software is good, having so many templates saves you time and if you use autopilot mode, you save more. Also, the content editor and free stock pictures available are good enough for most agencies doing SMM for brand awareness.

Pros

I really love that the app has plenty of templates to use and easy to use content editor. The autopilot mode is great, super time-saving - it gives you the times you need to post, and what kind of post you should use. Also, the upcoming events calendar shows almost any event happening worldwide. You find crazy things like "National peanut butter lover's day" (today March 1st), National pig day, National day of action, etc. Things you're usually not aware of.

Cons

I believe the options to recycle content should be more granular. You should be able to label, tag or categorize each post type and then decide how you will recycle that content. I.E. - If you're publishing website posts, they should go into a category of "website posts" and then you could recycle that content each month, on Mondays. This behavior I suggested is based in Recurpost.

Steve W.

Excellent, experience driven UI for social media planning and assessment with great flow

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

PromoRepublic offers a tab view of all the things you want in your social media platform. The ability to smart schedule and choose the times the posts go out every day is priceless for your time and that you can post an update to all your platforms at the time you've set for them to go out in one click. The support is really quick too.

Cons

The analytics could be better and users are still waiting on the ability to post videos which was suggested some time ago (as of June 2018 but animated GIFs are possible) but that's about it.

Tyson T.

GREAT Value!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Will absolutely be renewing for another year! Strongly recommend for anyone who is trying to build a business or non-profit presence online. ESPECIALLY if you’re busy!

Pros

So easy to use. The more you use it the easier it is. I started using it for scheduling posts, but the built in features, post ideas, themes and the ability to customize your posts were a game changer for us. PromoRepublic is literally doing what it took us 3 apps to do before

Cons

I can’t find any.

Kellie G.

Game Changer for Social Media Graphics and Content

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

Just one thing? PR has become my go-to for high quality graphics, catchy graphics and out of the box content. The ability to schedule right from the site, or from my Hootsuite account is a major plus.

Cons

Only negative is that there isn't much content for my niche - babies and children, families. Early childhood education. Most content pieces are related to home, travel or fashion and a bit outdated. Once they start adding new content, especially articles, this will change to a pro.

Priceless tool to keep our social media feeds updated with fresh content

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Fresh content, inspiring graphics, a content calendar, and easy sharing to the social networks.

Pros

The content curation and post ideas already pre-designed, all we have to do is make small changes and add our logo to share with our community. It's also really cool to have a content calendar pre-filled with interesting events we can piggy back off and quickly share updates to facebook, twitter and pinterest with.

Cons

We would love to see more infographics / info images in the health, and nutrition space. Also some partnership with content studio or buzzsumo would be great to get fast access to the most popular content in our industry.

Luis P.

The best scheduling app out there

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

For me, the best scheduling app out there. And I've tried quite a few. I'm definitely going to stick with this one for the long run. I love it!

Pros

I recently purchased PromoRepublic and it's been one of the greatest apps I've ever tried. The best thing about PromoRepublic is that it actually makes it engaging to create and schedule content for your audience. Its template library makes it very easy to find visually-appealing content which you can easily edit within its internal image editor, without the need to using an external app.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of is that its template library is geared towards very generic industries (education, travelling, marketing, etc.) so it doesn't cover my needs as an English language school. But still... it's worth it!

Daniel T.

Saved me alot of time to do social media posting

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

save time in social media posting

Pros

It is a software that gives me done up ideas with an image (and sometimes with wording as well) for my social media posting. I use it mainly to schedule facebook posting. It has upcoming days (children day, chocolate day.. days that I have never heard of), special occasion or topic points. All i need to do is to select what I like.. add in my logo with its image editor.. wala.. it is done..

Cons

so far none that i can think of.. maybe new features are not added for existing users, you need to pay more for it.

Nitesh M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Happy Promorepublic customer for last 7 months.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

I use it almost daily to schedule my start-up social media posts. It helps me in ideating, designing and publishing the post on time. I

Pros

-The easy to use social post designing feature
- Super fast and great dashboard
-Social media scheduling and calendar support
100,000+ ready-made visual ideas

Jeffry T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Social Media Automation on Steroids

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Pros

PromoRepublic is the one-stop​ social media management service. It has all the things that you need from the finding ideas process​, image editing, post scheduling and posting to multiple accounts, down to the analytics.

Cons

​The service claims that you can automate your social media campaigns by spending only one hour a month. While some users could to pull it off, you might need to spend more time to manage your campaigns. But it would be time worth spending on.

Amanda D.
  • Industry: Insurance

It's Alright

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Besides the bugs, it's a good experience. If I keep having the same issues, I'll be going back to Hootsuite next year.

Pros

The content ideas and recommended schedule times.

Cons

Too many bugs. Sometimes Twitter won't post and then when Google My Business started, it wouldn't post there either. There's always something that doesn't work and it's frustrating.

My Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

It's super easy to use and I have received superior customer service from Vita.

Cons

Adding scheduled posts to Instagram was a little inconvenient, but now that has been updated so I am happy.

Yahli E.
  • Industry: Online Media

Love the PromoRepublic’s software

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Overall I do like the software and will probably continue using it.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the variety of content available.

Cons

Not being able to post from my phone and having to post from the laptop or iPad can be a bit annoying at times.

Morgan B.

Easy to Use, Poor Value for Money

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

It's easy to use, but there are better options out there for similar prices.

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers a lot of functionality that would be helpful for users who are not experienced in design, social media scheduling, and online strategy.

Cons

When compared to similar software, PromoRepublic is a rip-off. As someone who works on dozens of clients as part of an agency, this product is frustrating, as it limits the number of accounts you can work on for each pricing tier. I have also experienced many functionality issues with Instagram scheduling, so much so that my team has stopped using PR for Instagram all together.

Nicole L.

I Will Never Worry What to Post to My Social Media

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

A lot of ready made social media images and post, this save a lot of my time

Cons

To be able for the system to auto resizing the image based on what are the social media platform we're going to post

Annette F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to Use for a Novice

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I am a complete novice in working with Social Media. I found this tool to help me prepare my posts at one time and then manage when they post. I am very busy and do not have time for daily posts and this helps me manage the process very easily.

Pros

Easy to use. I like the templates and ideas provided.

Cons

I wish it could aunt-post for me for when I am not able to get to it. I hope to get more specific templates for my business.

Philip P.

PromoRepublic Nailed It

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

We needed a way to manage our client social media posts and our own and we had trialled several different applications that promised to do just that and all were pretty much similar but the fell down on areas that PromoRepublic nailed immediately - ease of use, look and feel and the creation process was great as soon as we logged in. Support has been great and responsive and if there has been an issue, the workaround can be discovered most times by ourselves and doesn't require a code degree to do it. New users in the company are up and running with the basics in about 10 minutes flat and that is just great.

Pros

The way the software menus are laid out makes it very clear how to use this software and the suggested Posts Ideas are a great starting point to help you develop a strategy for the coming days, weeks and months for your own or your client social posts. The Editor is a breeze to use and allows pretty much all the customisation you would ever need and the fact that you can upload your own images created outside of the software to use in a post pretty much covers all bases.

Cons

The Post Ideas are broken into Categories and for us, as a Tech company their offerings aren't great under the Technology category but having said that, they are a great idea sparker and often form the template for something we do - text content being changed.
We sometimes find on a rare occasion, we get logged out and it asks us for our password and even though it's not been changed it won't accept the password we use. We have to reset the password and if we use the same one, it accepts it and lets us in. It's not a deal-breaker, just annoying as it always happens when I want to do something ;)

Response from PromoRepublic

Hi Philip,

Thanks a bunch for the 5 star review!

We absolutely agree that Posts Ideas are a great starting point to help you develop a strategy for the coming days, weeks and months. Have you tried to set repetition on your posts? Take a look at this tutorial if you want:

We are continuously adding the new content, but there can be some industries that we don't cover at all.

Could you please specify what content you would like to see? I will communicate your request to our content team immediately.

Meanwhile, I advise that you use a similar keyword of what you are looking for in the search bar on the top of your dashboard. You will be prompted with some nice options. Also, try to use other industries' photos and ideas to create your own templates keeping to your company visual style.

Look forward to your reply!

Best,
Kate

Nicole B.

The social media management tool for agencies

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Their customer service is also outstanding! They keep their clients updated about issues (which rarely happen), resolve them quickly, and often ask for feedback for their feature roadmap.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with our team mates and clients is better than other tools we have evaluated. This tool makes creating and scheduling posts a great time saver. They have many example posts ready for use or inspiration for your own custom posts.

Cons

I'd like to see some more advanced editing features, such as automatic formatting from one social platform to another or animation.

Chris T.

Fantastic social scheduler that is just short of greatness

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Overall PromoRepublic is a great piece of software that is just shy or true greatness.

Pros

PromoRepublic is super simple to use and even links with Google My Business which not many others I know of do. It also provides direct Instagram posting, one of the reasons we left Hootsuite!

Also the approval system is great... for the most part (see below).

Cons

The only reason I have not given this 5 stars for functionality as it is missing two key components which should have been standard...

1. Apart form Twitter, most other channels will not pick up businesses you tag in posts meaning you have to manually edit these posts once online.

2. When setting a post for approval no one is notified. It would be handy that anyone assigned to that workspace would be notified or could br tagged in to be notified. Makes the whole approval and notification system null and void.

Jose luis B.

Great tool for socialmedia managment

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Promorepublic has helped us to be more productive, saving time and getting better results in our social media management service.

Pros

One of the most amazing things in Promorepublic it the autopilot spots to publish, they suggest a specific day, time and topic to publish and get the most engagement. I also like the interface and the ability to create different workspaces to group your account by type, by a client, etc. Some other cool feature it the calendar who shows you the main dates you can take advantage of , nice tool.

Cons

Its a little hard the star, adding all the accounts because you have to do it one by one, but once you are ready with this everything else its easy to manage.

Response from PromoRepublic

Hi Jose,

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We appreciate knowing that you found value in grouping pages in workspaces, autopilot that suggested you time slots when it is best to past based on your page engagement analysis.

Yes, you're right, we don't give an option to bulk add your social pages, though once it's done, feel free to enjoy seamless posting.

The cherry on the top is to know that our tool increased your productivity, you save time and get better results.

In case you need any help, our Support representatives will be there for you.

Welcome to the fam!

Best,
PR team

Audrey S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The most complete social media software on the market

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I can plan a whole month of updates on all my social media profiles within a 1/2 day of work, so I love that PromoRepublic helps me be very efficient with the time I spend on social media. That's why I keep using it since 2016, and why I recommend it to my clients too.

Pros

- Many social media platforms are included, which allows to post simultaneously on Facebook (pages + groups), Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest.
- You can create your images within the software, as it includes a picture creation tool that looks very similar to Canva; and allows you to resize your pictures too.
- You have updates that are pre-created for you, should you wish to use them, which saves you time thinking about what to post and when.
- You have calendar features that help you strategise relevant seasonal content to share with your audience.
- You can re-post some of the updates you created in the past.
- You can upload photos, gif, videos.

Cons

- The pricing might be a bit stiff when you're starting out, but when you consider how much time you're saving through using the tool, it's well worth it.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Increased engagement on social media channels. Fantastic customer support. Competitively priced. Great for a solo business. Using PromoRepublic has been a game-changer for me as an independent author. Frees up valuable time for writing.

Pros

ease of scheduling to different social media sites
extensive graphic files
graphic editor
suggested content/graphics
upload graphics
auto-scheduling
branding
easy to use

Cons

Wish we could post directly to Instagram. (I know that this is an Instagram issue)...but, it's difficult to remember to go on iPhone app to approve on a timely basis (Wish List Item!)

Otherwise, PromoRepublic is THE BEST!

A Really Great Product for Scheduling and Creating Social Media Posts

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

Besides the poor experience with customer support, I have really enjoyed using PromoRepublic. It makes managing social media accounts a lot easier and saves me time. The graphics creator is especially valuable, it allows me to quickly make great posts easily.

Pros

I have been very impressed with the versatility of the product. I can create graphics directly in the PromoRepublic app and then schedule them, this saves me time over having to use multiple programs. I also love the scheduling calendar, it's easy to view all of your posts you have scheduled and even gives recommendations of the best time and topic to post about.

Cons

Their customer service has been a nightmare to work with. I had a question I needed resolved and it took over 3 weeks, multiple people, and days and days of ignored chat to get the correct response. It was extremely frustrating and cost me a lot of time and energy on a situation that was not very difficult.

Overall decent for the price

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The customer service is fast with responses and helping see problems fixed.

Cons

There seems to be too many issues that go wrong in the beginning with connecting all the social media channels, I had to change my password several times and log in and out a lot, and a few post would go unscheduled.

Krzysztof L.

Satisfying but not perfect

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I would go for it again, however it needs some work.

Pros

I like the calendar that shows me all events I might be interested in. And also editor is nice, very easy and useful.

Cons

There are several things that should be fixed. For example there is problem with special (local) characters. I have reported this issue a long time ago. PromoRepublic uses older google font Lato. When you update CSS definitions it looks correct. So i have made some local fixes - Firefox lets you add your personal CSS file for a specific website. And this way I fixed it. Only several lines of code. But when I launch PromoRepublic in different browser like Chrome it looks ugly. I can't understand why they did not fix this as it is QUICK and EASY fix. Another flaw is Instagram integration. Right now I have to use different tool for Instagram as PromoRepublic is not seamless. You have to use mobile app (PromoRepublic) that connects to another mobile app (Instagram) so the post i published by mobile device. Very inconvenient. I would also like to see a post preview the way it will look as published. I know this might be difficult when post is published into several platforms at once. But when you publish to one platform at once? It's not very common to post to several platforms at once as standards differ. So I use "post again" feature and then select different platform.

Gururaj M.

Must have Tool for Social Media Marketers

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

Thanks to PromoRepublic for this wonderful tool which saved me 100s of hours & huge money as well since it comes with creative design tool + scheduling tool

Pros

1. Very easy to use even for non-tech users
2. Huge collection of readymade social media creatives that helps you save 100s of hours.
3. Inbuilt image edit option that helps you to edit the readymade designs, giving you still more flexibility
4. Option to arrange social media platforms by project wise
5. Easy to access statistics to help you with real data on your previous posts
6. Value for money

Cons

Frankly, I didn't find any cons in this software.