Versal Reviews

Versal

Online learning platform for the modern workforce

4.6/5 (14 reviews)
Ken H.

Versal Offers Practical Solutions for your Training Needs

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

I work for a large trade association and had been searching for a way to offer industry training to our members that was affordable, accessible, educational, and practical. I researched several online formats through various companies that offer these types of services but they either were far too expensive or did not fit our needs. Fortunately, I discovered Versal. Versal offered the ability to create course content that was engaging, informative, and most of all affordable. We have had great success so far and have recommended the system to our affiliate associations for their training programs.
The system offers many unique features that helped us design and customize our course to fit the needs of our members. And you don't have to be a web-designer or programmer either. I liked the fact that Versal has designed its system so that even a novice can customize their own course to fit their specific needs. I would definitely recommend Versal for any teacher, employer or not-for-profit association.

Pros

Its fairly ease of use and that you can monitor usage

Cons

That anyone can use the system if they are provided the course link...can be difficult to control who can access the system -

Olivier V.

UK corporate L&D Versal is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

I am using Versal to build a unique SaaS L&D business. they have been hugely patient collaborators. Throughout they process they have been excellent at communicating their vision, new features and development of the tool.

Pros

East os use. Sophisticated look and feel of content delivery.

Cons

Speed of rolling out new features.

Andrew S.

Met our initial needs and continues to get better

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/03/01

It's been easy to use, and has allowed us to create the online training we needed. Some of the functions have limitations and the individual learner tracking could be a bit more in depth, but it has served our initial needs. We hope to use it more in the future.

Pros

Ability to build content with a mix of text and visual tools to make it more interactive and engaging. Ability to make sessions private, share them with specific individuals, include quiz questions and then track when individual learners have completed lessons.

Cons

Some limitations in the functions and learner tracking - perhaps just due to my limited skill rather than actual limitations - but just my perception based on my skill level.
The short answer response quiz function - seems that the learner only gets a correct result if they match the answer word for word - which is near impossible with more than one-word answers. I think a keyword matching type function within the short answer response quiz would improve it, as then as long as the answer included a couple of key words the teacher is looking for, then the learner earns a correct score. Bit demoralizing for a learner to score zero on all the short answers even though they were on the right track with responses but just didn't match / guess the word for word response entered by the teacher.

7.0/10
Atilla V.

Easy to create great looking courses

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Pros

I like how easy it is to create beautiful courses with many different features: quizzes, assessments, pictures, embedded documents, etc.

Cons

I wish it were possible to use more customization for the text.

Sarah H.

Finally, an Easy to Use Platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

My fitness studio migrated here from Learnexa. What a difference! Building training courses is obscenely simple, functional, and generally pretty fun. I'm happy with it and so are my staff members!

Pros

Ease of use. Staff assistance. Seriously, the agent is awesome.

Cons

Needs a mobile app badly!

Matt M.

Good tool for sharing information

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/04/03

My company started to work with Versal a long time ago. It was a great tool toeducate Employees and reseller about the benefits of our products.

Pros

Simple

Cons

Too simple

5.0/10
Peter K.

Versal is easy to learn and easy to use!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

Thought the app was very intuitive. Think it's well designed and didn't have any problems with creating or sharing my courses. Which is what I wanted. The app is easy to use and manage.

Mark M.

Professional and good quality

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

We used Versal to host curriculum for an accelerator program we were facilitating remotely. The platform was relatively intuitive but we did have a few issues with users accessing the most current version of courses we had updated. Content creation was simple. Navigation for "students" was easy.

Atilla V.

A pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Versal is a pleasure to work with when creating online course materials especially because of the many widgets that are available to help in an educational setting.

Pros

The ease of formatting and the many widgets that enhance the learning experience.

Linda B.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

We love it! It was very easy to use. If we did need assistance, we always received a response right away. We use it to create training sessions for our employees. We do, however, have to drop it into another program in order to track compliance. But it works great.

Jeff L.

Great tool for creating customized class materials

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

- I am a developer and I create a game based quiz widget on the platform.
- The platform is very flexible and the API are easy to use and understand. You can actually develop in any framework / language you prefer.

Cons

- Would be nice to have automated user testing. Mimicking user going through classes and take the quizzes etc.

Taryn W.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

Great value for a great product. It is easy to use for both the company and end user. I wish there was a better quiz system.

Lis H.

Great Software!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

Versal is very efficient and allows you to train fast! I would use it for any job I've ever had to train for.

Lexx F.

Versal is a great, intuitive program for creating trainings!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/13

We can quickly and easily create trainings and ensure that necessary employees complete the course

Pros

I like how easy it is to add content and create quizzes. You can make a really professional looking course with not too much effort!

Cons

I have a little trouble keeping track of what group I am in when creating content and assigning it to the right people. I will get the hang of it with some training, but it's not intuituve.

7.0/10