1 172 reviews

Heather C.
  • Industry: Farming

Fantastic Application!

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

We moved from a complicated spreadsheet and paper timesheets to this system and it has been a fantastic overhaul. We are saving time and coordination efforts already just by using the clock in / out feature. Here this week we will be moving forward with the scheduling feature as well.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The tutorial for mobile use is great and all of our employees have been able to adjust very easily. The scheduling aspect is top tier (we did a LOT of research on you and your competitors.)

Cons

It would be great if there was a way for each employee to flag time issues that wasn't just a note, like a push notification. Also, we would love it if you had a mass messaging option (but I've heard you are working on it!)

Response from ClockShark

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your 5-star review! Glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Tristan H.

Superior Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

I'm a happy user of ClockShark. The customer service has been outstanding. The software is very easy to learn and use, while still featuring some strong functions that are not offered by competitors.

Pros

I like the simple, clean layout that simplifies the learning curve of introducing this software to my team. The scheduling and time editing features are extremely easy to use. And I look forward to learning the payroll integration once I get setup with Gusto.

Cons

The cost is a little higher than what I was previously paying with T-Sheets, however the superior customer service from ClockShark definitely helps bridge the gap in price.

Alla H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

from Tryzub

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Like it from Admin side and our employees are giving positive feedbacks as well

Pros

user-friendly, has a lot of useful features

Cons

would very helpful to make required selfies from the employee who is doing log-in, log-out and also make GEO based on coordinates, not the job address

Molly W.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

Pros

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

Cons

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Molly!

Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Andrei P.

Not bad, could be better

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

We're just discovering the possibilities the software has to offer. Using it for merely one month just to have some control on our window fitters whereabouts and labour hours.
We're now trying to see if we can use the reports feature to help us make lists with the notes (including pictures) about various issues encountered on sites or job completion reports (also with pictures included) - we wouldn't like to use a different software for this. We used one in the past but it didn't have the timesheet feature. Hope we can use the Shark for both operations.

Pros

Can see where our window fitters are working during the play day.

Cons

The tracking (play button) is randomly active for random workers, so it is hard to approve some timesheets because they might clock in or out in different places than the actual building site where they are supposed to do it. So they can cheat on working hours and get away with it. :P

Response from ClockShark

Hi Andrei!

I appreciate the thorough and positive review! Happy to hear you're able to track your guys on the field better now.

For the GPSTrak icon-- I would definately reach out to the Support team! This is typically a very simple settings fix. You can chat in, email or give them a call at 1-800-828-0689.

The two week trial tends to be enough time for most of our customers, however if you think you need more time when in your trial, we can connect you to your onboarding specialist and they can demo the product based off your companies needs to show you the features you might find most useful. We also don't mind extending the trial in special cases :) Feel free to reach us anytime-- we're here to help!

Melanie C.

One of the best business management tools we have

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.

Tyler S.

Priority Equipment Rental

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

I started using Clockshark to control overtime. Before my guys were using paper time sheets, and turning them in every two weeks. Now I have a real time view of my hours, and can make adjustments to schedules if needed. Also, I really like the Job feature. If we have billable work, I create a job, my guys sign into when working on that project, and I know exactly what to bill my customer. This has been a great product for us, and I think my team likes to use it rather than keeping track on paper.

Pros

That is mobile. My guys are always out and about, and I sometimes don't see them for a few days. Now I always know when they clocked in and for how long.

Cons

We sometimes have trouble with the phone app syncing and updating. I think this is probably true with any mobile app though.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Tyler. Thanks so much for taking the time to share in detail about your ClockShark experience. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to mitigate unwarranted overtime, and bill work more accurately. It also sounds like your employees are enjoying the reliability of electronic timecards, instead of paper. We love to hear this. :)

Regarding the syncing with the device, are you still noticing that? If so, feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team @ 1.800.828.0689, and we can troubleshoot that with you.

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy, Tyler. If you need anything, we're here to help. -Morgan-

Dee M.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

The team in the field finds it easy to use and the office team can edit and print reports easily as well as add jobs and employees easily. Its very user friendly for all team members.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and the support team is very attentive and helpful.

Cons

Merging information with our QuickBooks file is difficult because of our naming sequences. The help team worked with us A LOT to get that synced up.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Dee,

We appreciate the review! Glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. That's great our customer support team was able to help you get QuickBook synced up. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Susan S.

ClockShark is a must for small construction companies

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

ClockShark was very basic when we began using it to log in time for our crews out in the field. It was practical and easy to use. Since then they have added features suggested by the users themselves which are advantageous to small companies with mobile crews. ClockShark has become our eyes and ears at job sites, a fact which has curbed employee dishonesty and increased accountability. In effect, ClockShark saves us money every day, and the price for this exceptional service has stayed consistent. That's really important to small business' who are just trying to stay afloat and have so little wiggle room when it comes to budgeting. I would recommend ClockShark to anybody - but especially to the smaller companies who need to do in house payroll and manage mobile crews in an affordable way.

Pros

It's employee tracking features

Cons

The limited job information visible to those in the field who use the app.

Kevin S.

Clockshark has greatly simplified our payroll process, saving hours of work each week.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Reduced paperwork, easy administration, saved time every week.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see a GPS breadcrumb on the map when an employee clocks in our out. Given that we have employees deployed all over the US, it makes it easy to see if everyone is where they should be, when they should be. I have also always received immediate and helpful support when I run into snags. Clockshark is a great service supported by a great team!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the Char limit of Jobs that map to Quickbooks. What I mean is that our jobs in quickbooks have many more characters than the mobile app is capable of viewing. This can lead to confusion for the employees when there are multiple jobs for the same customer, but not enough characters are view-able to differentiate between them. That said, we have developed a paper-based work-around and I won't be a bit surprised when Clockshark Dev Team improves on the situation - they are constantly making improvements.

Helps Manage Time/Money

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Makes a small business owner have ease of mind that employees and clients are taken care of.

Pros

My employees comment on how easy they can add their time their phone quickly. This feature also allows me to ensure accuracy. With employees that travel to multiple locations the GPS feature allows me to allocate the proper funds for travel and account for each location. Setting up the schedules and sharing with all employees gave us the freedom to collaborate, make schedules changes quickly with little affect on customer and I am able to track task details quickly.

Cons

There is not a good option for finding information from the past. Searching through past schedules is time consuming.

Response from ClockShark

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you and your employees are enjoying the many features that we have to offer. We recognize the issue of searching through past schedules to find information. We'd also be interested to hear more about what features you'd like to see added. Would you please reach out to our Customer Success Team at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]? Your feedback is important!

Tamer A.

I run a drywall company and this product has help me save time and money!!!

Reviewed on 2017/11/11

Made the following tasks much easier for me:

- time tracking of workers
- billable hours for clients
- justifying my charges
- payroll
- know who is working and where
- keep track of jobs yet to be complete

Love this product, wish I had it a long time ago

Pros

My biggest issue was being able to verify the hours my guys will billing me for as they worked multiple sites all over the city and there was no way to confirm their hours were correct. With clockshark that issue is almost completely resolved. Now I know when they start, finish, how long their lunch breaks were, etc. Plus saved me time from having to manually input their hours and calculate each of their pay.

Cons

For the most part everything is works well. The only issue I have is when I put a geofence around a job site, it sends a reminder to everyone to clock in. I would like it if it only reminded the employees that are assigned to that job.

Response from ClockShark

Hello, Tamer! Glad to hear that your drywall company is saving time and money by using ClockShark. Increasing the accuracy and accountability of time tracking is our goal, so it's great that your company is able to accurately bill hours now. :)

Regarding the GPS Fences triggering for all employees, that is a good observation. The way those fences work is that every device that is linked to your account (so each employee's device) is aware of the account's GPS Fences, which is why even if they're not scheduled for a job, it will notify them when they enter the fence. One workaround is to inactivate jobs that aren't being worked on. Feel free to let me know if this helps, and glad to hear things are going well! -Morgan-

Lilian S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Clockshark

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

The business problems that I am resolving with clockshark are that I can locate the property where the employees are working and for how many hours they worked in an apartment and property. We have 24 different properties around Houston. The benefits are so many one of them is when I need to check what day did they worked in a place I can just go into clockshark and look for the day. And support team is really helpful when I have any issues or concerns about clockshark, kuddos to team.

Pros

What I like the most about clockshark is the easy use to check where the employees are clock in which property they are working on, and which work order they are on.

Cons

That a lot of times it doesn't show the actual place where they are at that moment like in GPS.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Lilian,
We really appreciate your wonderful review! I will pass along your kuddos to our support team.

Danielle S.

Best product on the market by far for time clock organization!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

I love the ease and availability of seeing real-time employee whereabouts. I love the ease of updating time when my employees have forgotten to clock in or out. I love the way I can immediately see when and where they clocked in and out. I love the advanced app that allows us to send information to our employees for scheduling. I love the reports that I can immediately print out. The real-time knowledge at my fingertips for how long a job is taking as well as the cost is incredible. I researched for 2 years every time clock management software. Every single app I would try out would be missing a valuable part that would leave me in the dark about a part of the company that was very imperative for the operation. When I found ClockShark, I was immediately amazed that EVERYTHING I wanted was at my fingertips. I have been not only impressed with the ease of implementation but also the adaptability for my employees to gain the trust they need in working the app. I can share 8 apps that wasted my valuable time because of what they did not have that ClockShark provides, but instead, I will say that I am the happiest, most impressed customer you have.

Cons

I do not have any cons about this software. At this time I have had all of my concerns immediately addressed by the software help and I am competent this will continue.

Brad C.

Very easy to use and keeps time down to the second. App easy to use for our drivers.

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

Split option. It allows our drivers to pick a second job for the day and so on. I also like the app function. It easy to use and drivers are able to understand after one use.

Cons

No place to put company logo on timesheets and no over all notes for the week. It does have daily notes which helps.

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Brad!

We love to hear that your employees are easily using ClockShark and getting the hang of it after a single use! That's fantastic. It also sounds like your company has multiple jobs daily that employees need to clock into, and using the app, they're able to. We're here to support your company's timetracking, so it's great to hear ClockShark is working so well for you.

You mentioned there not being a place for company logos on the reports/timesheets, and that is true. I do see that we have that idea sitting in our Voting Area so I'll make sure it has your support added to it, and then we'll monitor that to know when we should add that as a feature. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

We really appreciate your being a part of the ClockShark team, Brad. If there is ever any question or concern, please let us know. But for now, have an awesome rest of the year. :)

Jason M.

Freeing the Mind

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

Keeping track of who is where and when without spending hours writing it down is the problem it solved. I am realizing time savings that I can be doing other tasks that I couldn't ever find time to do before using Clockshark.

Pros

The relief it gives not having to mentally track start, stops and breaks!

Cons

The notes section should allow more characters and have an auto save feature. I have had to retype notes on many occasions because I either hit the back button on accident or received a phone call during the process of typing the notes and then had to start over.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We will definitely look into allowing more characters and having an auto save feature for the notes section.

Kristie W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

This app has made keeping track of our field crew so much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

The benefits include time savings, better tracking of time, streamlining payroll and billing, as well as pulling reports for individual job costing is easy.

Pros

Clockshark is easy to use for our field crew and has really helped us streamline timesheets which in turn helps make billing easier too. The report features allow the office to pull time for service calls as well as our larger projects quickly. Another great feature for us is the GPS tracking- it allows us to make sure our crew is clocking in on job sites and not cheating time by clocking in early. The reports feature is also a time saver- especially for calculating payroll hours. As our team has grown, Clockshark has really made a difference in our office!

Cons

I have no cons to list- this app is doing exactly what we wanted/expected- tracking crew, tasks, and time.

Tim K.

By far the best investment for paperless time cards and employee tracking!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Time keeping without paper time cards. Instant report writing when needed. See who is working and know their are at the correct job from any device. Payroll preparation with time sheets all in one place.

Pros

Being able to run a report at the end of a work day or week to bill out a job is amazing, no waiting for an end of a pay period to collect time cards. Scheduling the crews for the next week or day that also gives the employee job address, linking to navigation is great. No more calling each employee the night before to give directions.

Cons

Not being able to run a full 365 day report on all levels of reports is the only thing I can think of that would be con for me.

Christopher G.

Almost there

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

GPS fencing with reminders is great for no missed punches.

Cons

Not currently integrated with Trello, which is my job tracking software.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are pleased to hear you are enjoying our GPS tracking feature. Would you please call us at 800-828-0689 or email us at [email protected] to share more about the challenges you faced integrating? We use this feedback to decide what product improvements to add next.

Cindy B.

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2020/12/06

Our overall experience was great. Being able to trial the product in the field was definitely a selling point. I wanted the employees who were going to be using it to clock in and out to have a say in which product we chose.

Pros

The ease of use for the guys on the front-end was very important to us. This product is extremely easy to use. Once they get used to the idea of clocking in, they actually like it better as well.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize reports, being able add fields and design them for our use would be a plus. I also wish there was an easier way to select multiple employees when printing reports. It isn't horrible, but I think it could be easier from a flow standpoint

Laura T.

ClockShark and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

My overall experience has been great!

Pros

The ClockShark software is user friendly. Very easy to use. It is easy to track employee times and edit on the administrative end. I also love the GPS tracking feature that allows you to see where your employees are travelling while they are clocked in. It prompts you if you are doing anything that could have an effect that is not reversable, like exporting time to QuickBooks. The few times I have used the chat service to ask a question the help center fixed my problem, answered my question, and went above and beyond. Both times I had a question, it was actually a problem with my QuickBooks and not with ClockShark. Today rep was especially helpful as she went through my QuickBooks with me and helped me solve my problem. She was courteous and friendly! I would absolutely recommend ClockShark!

Cons

I have no complaints about the software.

Jason B.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Makes it easy to track jobs and employees clock ins.

Pros

Easy for employees to use. Great gps system

Cons

Some phones have trouble connecting to the app sometimes but i call that more of a phone probem.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the 5/5 star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Geri W.

Convenient Product - Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

-calculating labour costs for jobs
-eliminating paper time cards
- employees don't need to come to main shop to clock out anymore

Pros

It's user friendly and we like that you can link it with our accounting software. It is handy
BEST is your staff! Exceptional and never have made me feel like any of my questions are stupid.

Cons

It has been an inconvenient that we have not been able to customize our overtime cut off. Your presets don't work for us now there is time spent with manually changing times in QB.
It would be handy to be able to send a message to an employee through the app or add a memo with the scheduling.
There should be a better way to attach a note to a missed day to keep track of why the employee was absent.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Geri,

Thanks for taking the time to review us! So glad that you find ClockShark to be EXCEPTIONAL and that you enjoy our integration feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Frank S.

?? Dont understand the question.

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

We have not found any advantage over paper time sheets because we have to check everything anyhow. We may actually spend more time than before. Clock shark fall short of being able to suggest policies that might help or getting us in contact with other companies that have figured something out.

Pros

Identifying the Location of the clocks

Cons

We lose records when time is corrected and the defaults are annoying.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Frank. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your ClockShark experience. We love to hear feedback. It's how we continually improve the product and service for you.

When using ClockShark, any edits or changes to recorded time will be noted in the Audit Log. Are they not appearing there for you? If you'd like, feel free to reach out to our happy-to-help Customer Success team @ 1.800.828.0689. We'd love to take a look into this for you.

ClockShark is here to help support your business, so if you have any suggestions or ideas for how we can do that better, we'd love to hear them. Thanks for being a longstanding part of the ClockShark team, Frank. -Morgan-

Catherine T.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Software for Capturing Site Team Activities

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

I enjoy using ClockShark and it feels like the team are always available to support.

Pros

I use all day, every day as an administrator and it's a simple and effective tool for capturing the team's activities. No training was required; it's very self-explanatory.

Fast response from team if have any queries - not a standard "we will get back to you in 5 working days"; it's within 1 working day and more personable, thank you.

- Not experienced any technical issues using and it's very reliable.

Cons

There are some limitations on reporting but the team are always accommodating to help with requests. When I first started using in December 2019 there were some issues with selecting dates for reports but this has much improved over last few months.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Catherine,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that ClockShark has allowed you and your team to communicate faster and more efficiently. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.