ClockShark Reviews

ClockShark

GPS Time Tracking for Construction and Field Service

4.7/5 (871 reviews)
Erin W.

Clock Shark has been a very positive and useful asset to our agency. The GPS function is aces!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Clock Shark allows the employees within my agency to clock in and out for their shifts easily and with a GPS time stamp that assists the Admin users to do audits on the employees. As an HR Manager the 'Reports' function within Clock Shark for Admin users is super beneficial in assisting me to complete both my bi-weekly and monthly payroll as it allows me to input a custom range of dates to pull up reports. Being able to select which employees and which dates I need reports on saves time and headaches as I am easily able to complete my Payroll in an hour compared to 6 hours when our agency used written time sheets.

Pros

I like the GPS function so that our supervisors can keep track of where and when employees are clocking in and out from their shifts. This feature has helped us in solving more time theft instances than I'm happy to admit. As the HR Manager, I also love the 'Reports' feature. This makes my Payroll day so much easier.

Cons

There are some features of Clock Shark that I wish were different. These features do not hinder my ability to complete my job so I don't wish to complain about them. For the sake of this review I will list just 1 feature I wish was different (to be fair I have never told the Clock Shark Admin about my frustrations so they can't fix what they don't know). The feature I do not like or wish was different is the 'Notes" section within each punch. It needs to allow for more room to write as we use ours to list our daily tasks at the end of each shift before clocking out and I run out of character room each day. I would also like a feature to differentiate the text bubbles on the time sheets from our task lists and actual punches that need to be fixed for employees. Maybe a different color? It's time-consuming to go in and look at every employee's text bubbles just to find punches that need to be fixed within all of the daily task lists.

Donna K.

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Leslie M.

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks!

We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :)

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

7.0/10
David H.

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction.

I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Haley L.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I love Clockshark. They are always on top of their customer service and I feel cared for and valued as a customer any time I come to them with any questions or concerns whatsoever. I have never seen this level of customer support from any other company, which only reinforces our decision to go with them in the first place! It was exactly what we needed and were looking for!

Pros

I love this software because it consolidates the time/payroll keeping process. It simplifies something that can get really overwhelming and helps us to keep a closer eye on what jobs to bill for labor! It's awesome. We love it.

Cons

The only thing about it is the phone app - I would like to see some upgrades to the app! It looks different on the Boss's phone and both of our employees phones too. For younger folks who grew up in the technological world it seems simple, but for someone who did not it can get confusing. I would just like to see the phone app streamlined a little bit!

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Haley! I'm kind of a numbers nerd, and I counted that you used the word "love" 4x in your review. We LOVE to hear that! So glad to know that ClockShark keeps things from getting overwhelming, and allows you to better track hours and keep billing accurate. We work hard so that you will love ClockShark, and we're mega glad that you do.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the mobile app. Our development team is sprucing up the experience in the app, so you should see some streamlined features soon that make using it even easier. :)

We're really thrilled to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Haley! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to the Customer Success team. Never be shy about reaching out to them with questions, or if you just want to talk to the friendliest sharks in the world.

Have a great weekend, Haley!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Tara G.

Good Construction Time Clock, easy to use with great customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Everyone can clock in/out from their own phones and since there is GPS you can see exactly where they are when they do to prevent fraud. This software makes it easier than using traditional time clocks or paper since employees are always going to different job sites with construction.

Pros

I like the app and how easy it is to use for all employees. They are always making updates and now you can link. ClockShark to QuickBooks. The customer support is great, it's very easy to start an online chat and get help. I think it is easy for most people to learn and the admin features are not complicated either. The price is also lower than most that I have researched!

Cons

The app does not run as well on older phones, it used to sometimes have issues allowing employees to clock in or out that had phones that were more than a few years old.

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Tara! Thanks for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really happy to hear that ClockShark is easy to use for your team, and that the QuickBooks integration has been helpful too! We're always adding new features, so we'll keep you updated on those!

Glad to have you on board the ClockShark team, Tara! If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or you just want to chat with sociable sharks, feel free to reach out! Have an excellent week!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Justin F.

Clockshark has taken the paper waste and time out of our payroll and streamlined the whole process!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/01

Easy hours and job tracking for the whole company. Billing has been streamlined and insurance needs are easy to assess. Payroll is now easy to verify and check periodically. This software has also greatly increased our flexibility as employees can go straight to the job site and clock in on their device.

Pros

Being able to track each employee digitally is huge, but the biggest issue for our company is the accountibility to track each hour to a specific job which in turn saves us thousands annually in insurance costs. With ClockShark we are able to track who worked what job and when, which allows us to only pay insurance premiums when we actually use and need it versus being charged for the year in the most expensive bracket they can put us in.

Cons

Not being able to turn off the GPS tracking from the administrative side of it. The GPS tracking function is helpful at times, but if always left on it drains the device battery nearly instantly. To circumvent this, every one of our employees must go into their settings and specifically disable the GPS for it on their phones. Our less than tech savey employees have struggled with this.

Response from ClockShark

Hey there, Justin :)

By George, that's great to hear that using ClockShark has resulted in instant savings and accountability for your company. You might be one of our first customers who's shared the impact using ClockShark has had on insurance payments. Saving thousands annually: how fantastic! Keep us in the loop on all good things you keep noticing.

And that's a great observation about the GPS. In each employee's profile in ClockShark, you can disable the requirement for GPS Trak and GPS Location Services, but employees should also disable it in their device. Where to do that in a device isn't always readily clear, so if any of your employees need help finding that, feel free to let us know. Our customer success team is always ready to help. :)

Payroll, billing, hours-tracking: thanks for sharing all the things ClockShark has helped out with, Justin. Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. Have an excellent rest of you day!

7.0/10
Anna A.

As administrator I'm happy with overall functionality but employees are having a hard time.

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Job costing

Pros

We bought it primarily for job costing and tracking of where the crew is. We started out with everyone using it and now I have to constantly go in and edit everyone. A few of our guys got new phones and they don't remember their passwords to download app. I'm in the process of having another crew meeting to get everyone but on board. This is becoming very frustrating and taking a lot of my time because it's not being used like it should. That's no fault of the program but lack of communication with the crew. I'm considering having two foreman in charge of entering everyones time each day. I may need some help with training them on that!

Cons

Many areas in our county dont get cell service which messes up their times. Also, our crew is all hispanic and they don't understand the importance of clocking

Response from ClockShark

Hi there, Anna! So glad to hear that as the administrator, you're loving the app's features and the easy job costing. That's wonderful! :)

Since you mentioned re-educating your employees on best practices within the ClockShark app, I wanted to share that we'd be happy to help you out with that. If you need any resources, have any questions, or just would like someone to cheer you on, feel free to give our Customer Success team a quick message at [email protected] Of course, you're always welcome to give us a call too @ 1.800.828.0689. We're here to help! The CrewClock feature sounds perfect for the two foreman you plan to have enter employees' timesheets.

So glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Anna! I hope you have a spectacular Wednesday! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Melanie C.

One of the best business management tools we have

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.

Scott H.

Sure beats paper timecards

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

We are a small construction company, and have been using ClockShark for a little over a year and a half now. It has been great, from the GPS location, to the job and task costing that we are able to do thanks to the reports we can generate from the system. This is a very powerful timekeeping tool, and it has paid for itself many times over every month by removing the time rounding that goes on with paper timecards. Our crews are much more mindful of their lunch breaks as well. Highly recommend this product. Cliff and the support staff have been a pleasure to work with as well.

Pros

Ease of use. Positioning that can be seen on the dashboard.

Cons

A few report formats I would like to see changed in how they calculate, but that can be easily adapted by running reports in a different manner.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Scott. Thanks so much for sharing about your ClockShark experience. We've really enjoyed supporting your business over the years, and we're happy that using ClockShark has led to such facile time tracking and increased employee accountability. You said "it pays for itself": that's a beautiful image. :) We are always improving, so we'll consider your input on the reports for a future update. If there's ever anything you need help with, just let us know. Have a happy year, Scott! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Charles H.

8 Reasons to use ClockShark!

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

When I left my last company (contractor), the only thing I brought with me to my new company was ClockShark. We just finished our first payroll and billing cycle using ClockShark at my new company (property management) and it was:

1. Easy to setup and train employees on app - no more paper timesheets, no more late timesheets, no more inaccurate timesheets.
2. A breeze to connect to QuickBooks - no more data entry, only minor manipulation once entered.
3. Efficient - our billing and payroll is based on exact hours entered vs. rounded manual timesheets.
4. Accurate - no glitches in reporting or in the app.
5. Cost effective - the price point is very reasonable.
6. Easy to maintain - if a new job starts, it may take 20 seconds to set it up.
7. GPS - know where your employees are and the GPS Fence reminds them to update their time clock when they leave one job and move to the next.

Most importantly,

8. The best support staff - Kevin, Luke and Cliff will spend time with you to insure you are set up correctly and the product does what you need it to do. They also ask for suggestions to make it better and actually act on those suggestions.

I would recommend this product to any company that has multiple jobs and multiple employees to manage in those jobs. It does the trick and then some.

Thanks ClockShark!

Pros

Read the review - all pros are there

Cons

no cons at this point

David E.

My staff practiced for one pay period (2 weeks) before going live right after Christmas

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

More accurate job tracking/costing; easier payroll processing; ability to go back and review data; numerous slice and dice reports.

Pros

As president, I do payroll. The ClockShark reports make that task far easier than the spreadsheet I used to use. Last week (first week of a pay period) I noted that one of the jobs had way too many hours. Another report directed me to who it was that had misunderstood. I now need to manually redirect his time to the proper job so our job accounting is correct.

Cons

Personally, I'm finding it hard to remember to punch in and out. I've not worked a time-clock job since 1983, so it's an old habit I'm finding difficult to resurrect. I've had no complaints from the staff. One person does not have a smart phone, so she must enter time from her home computer. I needed to give her a little bit of admin access in order to do this, but it's not been a problem.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, David :)

Thanks for testifying to all of the immediate benefits you've had after using ClockShark for just a couple of months. We love to hear that ClockShark has helped you with your payroll process and its accuracy. What a great story about being able to find the error in the hours and correct it before cutting the checks!

We're glad that the staff are enjoying using it, and that you were able to use the "Manager Permissions" to accommodate your employee who doesn't have a smart phone. That's exactly how to use those permissions. :)

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. You mentioned sometimes forgetting to clock in/out, and we'd love to show you some of the reminders available in ClockShark that can help with that. (Not that you'll need them forever: you're going no have that old habit resurrected in no time!)

Welcome to the ClockShark team, David. We're here to help your business, so just let us know what we can do. Have a tremendous day!

Leitreanna B.

excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Organization has improved, productivity has improved, and reports have been more accurate and faster.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to run reports per assignment. I also like that there is fencing on the location of the clock in for each employee. I am very fond of the ability to sort locations and ability to create locations as needed. The new feature of attaching documents within an assignment has saved lots of time. The ability to color code the assignments, locations, employees, etc., has helped me organize and prepare employees easily. I appreciate that I can delete employees and I do not loose the employee work history. The calendar is long so I can add work assignments out as far as I like and it will be accessible and organized.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy/paste an assignment such as Monday assignment copy - then paste to another day. In addition, I would like the ability to add a job while still in the scheduling mode. I have to go all the way to the job tab, set up the job and save, then sort back through to the correct calendar schedule to assign the job. Something that would help everyone would be a notes section. While thinking about adding jobs within the calendar area, adding an employee in the calendar area would help also.

Maria G.

Overall it's a positive experience, very helpful with any questions we may have.

Reviewed on 2018/01/02

Time tracking, job cost and GPS location had made our employees more accountable.

Pros

How easy payroll is due to the reporting and time tracking at the end of the week. Employees can no longer complain about the hours and time calculations since they're the ones in control.

Cons

Constant emails for every clock in and clock out. I wish it would generate a report in the morning and email that and then one in the after noon or end of day. This would cut down on the constant emails and with over 40 employees I get what seems like a hundred emails a day. It can be a little frustrating getting so many a day.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Maria. :)

Thanks for sharing about your positive experience with ClockShark so others can read about it! We love to hear that payroll is easier now because employees are accurately clocking their time from the app. I'm glad to hear that the GPS features have increased employee accountability too. That's wonderful!

Regarding the emails (especially if you're receiving them for 40+ employees), they can get overwhelming. One thing that some of our customers try is creating a special email folder for all incoming messages from "ClockShark". This helps keep their inbox from running over. If you think this might work for you, and you have questions, feel free to let our Customer Success team now: they're happy to help!

Thanks again for the review, and for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy! Have a wonderful rest of your day, Maria!

George T.

Customer Support is AWESOME. Super helpful !! Thanks !!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

great way to keep tabs on who is clocking in and out on time. also for keeping track of job costs. Note section is a great tool too

Pros

your Customer Support is EXCELLENT. You guys are always there to solve any issues or help figure out an easier way. The fact your support is so easy, quick and EXCELLENT is such a HUGE BONUS for this program. We appreciate it and you guys !! THANK YOU

Cons

wish there was a way to set up the time reporting periods so it defaults to our pay periods. But other than that......... its awesome

Response from ClockShark

Hey there, George! We're so glad to hear that the Customer Support team has been so helpful as you've been using ClockShark! We'll be sure to pass along your praise to the WHOLE team. :)

Since you mentioned changing report date ranges to match your pay periods, I wanted to share that you can enable pay periods in ClockShark. If you navigate to Admin > Company Settings, you can set your pay period there. Once you've enabled a pay period, you will see a new option when running reports: Last & Current pay periods. :)

Will you let me know if that helps, George? Feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions. Happy to help! Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. :)

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Matt B.

Very positive response to clockshark

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

This software is great for understanding the effectiveness of your workforce and eliminating waste in labor costs, if given a minimum of attention. 5 or ten minutes a day of attention from one administrator has already saved my company lots of money.

Pros

I liked how simple yet effective it is. I basicly learned it through use, and am now administrating the coordination of a multi million dollar widespread construction and maintenance company with it. It is set up in a very streamlined intuitive fashion.

Cons

the integration of the gps while labor saving and very useful has a couple drawbacks, it can lead to inaccuruate clockouts if say an employee needs to turn off data to save energy.

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Matt! Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really delighted to hear that you've eliminated labor costs, and saved lots of money by using ClockShark. We design ClockShark to work exactly how construction companies work, so it's great to hear that it's been easy and intuitive to use. :)

Regarding the GPS tracking, we do notice on some devices that disabling the GPS to save data can cause some hiccups. Mostly on older devices. If you ever witness anything curious, please just let our Customer Success team know @ [email protected] and we'd love to investigate for you.

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Matt! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Kevin S.

Clockshark has greatly simplified our payroll process, saving hours of work each week.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

We save time every week not having to chase down employee time cards. The values port directly into quickbooks, saving hours of administration time every pay period.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see a GPS breadcrumb on the map when an employee clocks in our out. Given that we have employees deployed all over the US, it makes it easy to see if everyone is where they should be when they should be. I have also always received immediate and helpful support when I run into snags. Clockshark is a great service supported by a great team!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the Char limit of Jobs that map to Quickbooks. What I mean is that our jobs in QuickBooks have much more characters than the mobile app is capable of viewing. This can lead to confusion for the employees when there are multiple jobs for the same customer, but not enough characters are viewable to differentiate between them. That said, we have developed a paper-based workaround and I won't be a bit surprised when Clockshark Dev Team improves on the situation - they are constantly making improvements.

Jan G.

Great product, great service!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

More accurate time tracking may have saved us money, but the main benefit stems from employees getting sloppier on keeping a hand-written time card. Now I don't have to keep my own record, re-create times, check their math, question their times, or manually input time into Quickbooks.

Pros

Where do I start? It allows us to track our employees' time to the minute, GPS tracking to verify employee times is great, the app is easy for them to use, it integrates with Quickbooks, and the service is above par. I can shoot any question over to them via chat, and they are always prompt, friendly, and helpful in guiding me to a fix. We've used other clock-in systems in the past, but this one is the best we've used.

Cons

Two or three times over the year we've been using the software, the crew has had an app glitch where they haven't been able to clock out or clock back in, but that's only 3 instances out of at least 600 clock-ins. It may have been due to reception/data issues, and they could still put in 'notes' stating when they took lunch or clocked in or out.

Tyler S.

Priority Equipment Rental

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

I started using Clockshark to control overtime. Before my guys were using paper time sheets, and turning them in every two weeks. Now I have a real time view of my hours, and can make adjustments to schedules if needed. Also, I really like the Job feature. If we have billable work, I create a job, my guys sign into when working on that project, and I know exactly what to bill my customer. This has been a great product for us, and I think my team likes to use it rather than keeping track on paper.

Pros

That is mobile. My guys are always out and about, and I sometimes don't see them for a few days. Now I always know when they clocked in and for how long.

Cons

We sometimes have trouble with the phone app syncing and updating. I think this is probably true with any mobile app though.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Tyler. Thanks so much for taking the time to share in detail about your ClockShark experience. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to mitigate unwarranted overtime, and bill work more accurately. It also sounds like your employees are enjoying the reliability of electronic timecards, instead of paper. We love to hear this. :)

Regarding the syncing with the device, are you still noticing that? If so, feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team @ 1.800.828.0689, and we can troubleshoot that with you.

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark frenzy, Tyler. If you need anything, we're here to help. -Morgan-

Angelique F.

ClockShark is much more than a time sheet system. It's intuitively easy w/excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

From logging time, to adding jobs and tasks, to syncing with QuickBooks, ClockShark is super easy to use. Both the website and app are very user friendly for administrators and employees. I love that our employees can easily add notes and pictures through the app. Gone are the days when job-site pictures never made it from our employees' phones to our server. Now our employees take pictures directly from the app, and we back those up to our server for quality control and marketing purposes.

The GeoFence ensures employees are only getting paid for the time they are on the job site, and if they forget to sign out, ClockShark clocks them out as soon as they leave the GeoFence.

ClockShark has lots of other cool features, like lots of reporting options that make it easy to see how much time it is taking to complete jobs and the ability to create a schedule and plan work. However, the best thing about ClockShark is its customer service. Customer representatives are just a click away. I'm constantly using the chat area to get answers to my questions. Just today I needed some help that required a little more of a hands-on approach, and one of the rep instantly called me, connected to my computer, and showed me what I needed to do. He even showed me something I didn't know about QuickBooks.

I highly recommend ClockShark.

Cons

I seriously can't think of any cons. I love everything about ClockShark and haven't found any flaws to date.

Susan S.

ClockShark is a must for small construction companies

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

ClockShark was very basic when we began using it to log in time for our crews out in the field. It was practical and easy to use. Since then they have added features suggested by the users themselves which are advantageous to small companies with mobile crews. ClockShark has become our eyes and ears at job sites, a fact which has curbed employee dishonesty and increased accountability. In effect, ClockShark saves us money every day, and the price for this exceptional service has stayed consistent. That's really important to small business' who are just trying to stay afloat and have so little wiggle room when it comes to budgeting. I would recommend ClockShark to anybody - but especially to the smaller companies who need to do in house payroll and manage mobile crews in an affordable way.

Pros

It's employee tracking features

Cons

The limited job information visible to those in the field who use the app.

Leah P.

Very good experience . Customer support is there if needed each time I log in.

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Easier to run payroll each week; ability to track employees each day and know exactly where they are in relation to where they are supposed to be.

Pros

Easy to use; links efficiently to QuickBooks; easy and fast t for employees to learn; setup was fast and completed virtually without any tutorials, just a few questions with chat. Owner of company started initial setup from home and I completed the next day.

Cons

Job times for pay period do not consolidate on paycheck detail making the check stubs too long; needs to have the ability to make notes during the log in period instead of when logging out or at the beginning - sometimes forget what is needed to be said; when employee does not have a log in for a day, needs to be a reminder the next day to explain why absent the previous day.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leah!

Thanks for sharing about how your ClockShark experience is going. We're really happy to hear that your set-up was exceedingly easy, and you were able to get swift help from the Customer Success team via the website Chat feature. :)

As the Office Manager, having a time tracking software that integrates with QuickBooks is very convenient. We also really appreciate your suggestions. Your employees can type in their Notes field after clocking in too: they'll just want to make sure to click "Save" after they do that so that they are recorded.

Regarding the reminder for explaining why a day was missed, I think that's a fabulous idea. We'll add that to our feature voting page so other users can chime in on it too. Did you have any other suggestions? Feel free to email them to me at [email protected] if you do. :)

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark team, Leah. If you ever need anything, please let us know!

Farrah D.

Amazing time tracking App, very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

We save time and money daily using the Clockshark App

Pros

We searched all over trying to find a user friendly software easy for all our employees to use. We're a general contractor and love the ease in tracking our employees time, job costing, and scheduling. No more paper time cards and reviewing jobs it's all very easy with the options to view any reports we may need. Even our "not so app savvy" employees have had zero issues using this app. I love that it's easy to review our by weekly payroll and the staff is extremely helpful with any questions I may have. The scheduling App is great for our business, the guys don't have to lose time finding there jobs in the morning the app has all the information needed to get started right away. We are saving time and money everyday with Clockshark I would recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy user friendly way to track employees.

Cons

I don't have much bad to say about this time tracking software. If I had to say anything it's be sometimes our employees don't clock in or out when they should if they disable the notifications on their phone there is not reminder sent.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Farrah. Thank you for sharing about your ClockShark experience! I'm so happy that ClockShark is saving you time and money everyday. After all the research you did trying to find the perfect solution, it's great that ClockShark is that for you. So glad to hear that! :)

If there is anything we can do to help, Farrah, just let us know! Thank you for allowing ClockShark to support your business. -Morgan-

Samantha S.

Clockshark has saved me so much time and effort getting hours and time sheets from our employees.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Clockshark saves me time and effort when it is time to do payroll. I do not have to go out to the jobs and collect time sheets nor do I have to try to figure out who worked where and how long. I can see exactly where the employees are at all times and easily print off a report for that period. It has helped produce very detailed job costing reports, as it keeps track of how many hours were worked for each job.

Pros

This software allows me to see exactly where our employees are and how much time they are spending at each job. Clockshark keeps track of how many hours were worked for each job, which makes it much easier to report our job costing. This software has eliminated the guess work for our employees and keeps our business running smoothly.

Cons

If I had to find one negative thing about Clockshark, it would be that very rarely the app on the phone does not sync and the time is miscalculated. This sometimes happens when the cell service is weak at a job, however we have had this software for about a year and a half and it has only happened twice.

Kevin S.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Reduced paperwork, easy administration, saved time every week.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see a GPS breadcrumb on the map when an employee clocks in our out. Given that we have employees deployed all over the US, it makes it easy to see if everyone is where they should be, when they should be. I have also always received immediate and helpful support when I run into snags. Clockshark is a great service supported by a great team!

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the Char limit of Jobs that map to Quickbooks. What I mean is that our jobs in quickbooks have many more characters than the mobile app is capable of viewing. This can lead to confusion for the employees when there are multiple jobs for the same customer, but not enough characters are view-able to differentiate between them. That said, we have developed a paper-based work-around and I won't be a bit surprised when Clockshark Dev Team improves on the situation - they are constantly making improvements.