Preno

Easy hotel and property management system for hoteliers

Wendy H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Don't hesitate - it's brilliant!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

We we lucky enough to begin trialling Preno late 2015 alongside our existing system. We made the full switch in March 2016 as the season started to wane. No regrets, no issues - seamless transition and 100% happy with our decision. The Preno team are brilliant to work with - so responsive when very rare issues arise. Always listen, and try and find a resolution as quickly as possible. Full integration with both Xero and Staah for accounts and channel management has made our lives so much easier. Best decision we have made in a long time by far.

Pros

Everything - quick, responsive, intuitive - so easy to use. Integration with Staah & Xero just fabulous.

Cons

Closing rooms off - but I know you are working on this. Needs to be easier from Preno side.

Response from Preno

Hi Wendy, awesome to hear such kind words from you! We're always working hard to make Preno better, and we'll have that update to make closing off rooms very soon! I'll make sure to update you when it's ready.

- Nick

Annick M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Made my life much easier and love the way it connects with STAAH and Xero.

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Makes running an accommodation business very easy.

Pros

Reliable, fast, easy to use. Makes book keeping and taking bookings super smooth. Like the way it keeps guest details for return guests. Excellent online support.

Cons

Would like to see a feature where you can put guests on a waiting list. The calendar is sometimes a bit frustrating because you can only scroll through a 2 week window. If a guest cancels, their guest details disappear. Would like to keep them on record just in case they book again.

Jensen B.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

Great system for our small business, we love the fact that it can be accessed from any computer, tablet or phone with ease, so we are no longer tied to the desk. Customer support is amazing and fast. We looked around at other online PMS and nothing was as easy as Preno.

Could honestly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

The Xero integration, purely because we don't use Xero for our business, but this is minor for all the other Pros.

• Industry: Hospitality

Innovative and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/07/28

Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

Easy to use and each new feature has been easy to use. The Housekeeping feature is easy to print out and edit for beds in rooms. Preno is quickly evolving and great to deal with. The employees under me love it.

Cons

No complaints... Maybe make the UI flow a bit more?

Response from Preno

Hi there,

Thanks so much for leaving a review.

It's great to hear that your whole team love using Preno!

We look forward to updating you soon with more exciting new features.

- Amelia

Susan I.
  • Industry: Hospitality

a great software product, very easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Cloud Based, simple and easy to use

Pros

Cloud based, easy to use. Like the drag and drop option to move bookings from room to room and dates. Also like the integration and billing with our xero accounting software.

Rob W.

Best in the business

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

Having looked at several Property Management systems, this fits perfectly with what we are wanting to achieve. From ease of use all the way through to obtaining the reports we need, this is ideal. We wouldn't be as successful without the Preno system.

Pros

Cons

None

Jozef T.

Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Great customer service
Bookings , Modifications and Cancelations coming directly to Preno

Cons

Cannot think of anything, any suggestions we proposed we got it !

Response from Preno

Hi Jozef,

Such a lovely review!

We love the positive comments around how easy Preno is to use. A lot of our time goes into ensuring this.

We like working closely with our customers, so thank you for the feedback on our product.

Heather E.

I love it -every day!

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I don''t have a huge background in hospitality so changing to Preno was like a breath of fresh air. Our small four roomed bed and breakfast is so easy to manage now with Preno - the workflows seem logical, the colour coding for invoicing and payments mean that at a glance you can see who owes you money still. The staff are incredibly responsive when you have questions. I feel that there is value for money - great features - I would unreservedly recommend Preno.

Pros

It follow simple workflows and is logical to follow. The knowledge base is also very straightforward. THey connect with the big boy channel managers :-)

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to see developed in the future but these are nice to have rather than need to have.

David W.

Preno have reduced my Paper Work by 2 Thirds!!!! Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Time. I have time to do so many other things instead of being tied to the Office.

Pros

Im loving a lot of things about Preno. From the Intergration with Xero to the Syncing with our Channel Manager and OTA's. Its effortless. I now have more time to spend on our guests and their needs instead of being tied to the office and I cant take it everywhere with me!

Cons

Initially the set up process. We also had a new channel manager so it seemed very repetitive but in hindsight it is so very worth it.

Louis V.

Preno - we'd be lost without it!

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

Using Preno has been critical to our success as new lodge owners and operators. There is already a lot to learn setting up a new business in an unfamiliar industry. It is truly hard to imagine how we would have coped without using Preno to manage our bookings and inventory, as we took on a thriving business in the peak season. The Preno team was a great resource for advice and ideas from the first contact - before we even signed up as customers, and have remained so. Help is only ever a chat message away. With the Xero integration and seamless connection to our channel manager, Preno automatically takes care of many processes and task needed to run our lodge smoothly. Plus with its revenue and occupancy reports, we have all the information we need to understand how our business is performing right at our fingertips.

Lee G.

It's like they read my mind!

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

Nothing but positive. Excellent support, great value, easy to use. I particularly love the prompt chat responses and product updates!

Pros

Easy to use, EXCELLENT service, quick updates

Cons

Can't think of any

Michael W.

Preno again!

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Customized service and personal contact with no time wasting. Quick and efficient problem solving management>

Pros

Our company is using Preno for over 3 years. What can I say. If I would not love it I would have changed :)

Cons

There is nothing I do not like. They constantly improving.

Jacqui A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

LOVE IT. I went from a paper based hard copy booking system to preno. It was an easy...

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Easy to use so frees up my time

Pros

Ease of use. You could teach this system to almost any front end staff in a minimal amount of time. The team at Preno helped me to set up and guided me whenever i didn't understand something. I have been using this system for over 18 months and have not looked back. The Preno Team are always on hand if I have an issue (which is rarely as it functions at it is supposed to). They are very proactive about making changes and improvements but not so much that there are any interruptions to the flow or usage. They are open when you have a suggestion to improve on something. Billing can be done monthly or annually (you get to decide). As a small business this is important as is good reliable support.
I have no complaints at all. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product and the team.

Cons

The only thing that doesn't really suit my business is the housekeeping page. I would like that to be a little more customisable so I currently don't use it and hand write my housekeeping instructions still.

Response from Preno

Hi Jacqui,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your feedback, the team is working hard on new updates to housekeeping.

We are always around to assist. The team appreciates all your support.

- Amelia Gain

Dimitri S.

Good Software and very good customer & technical team

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Using the soft for 6 months now, easy to use and to train for new users.
When you need help customer team respond very quickly and solve 100% of problem or question.

Pros

Easy to use - basics function availale
***** Very good Customer Team*****
and it's a luxe !!!!

Cons

No really,
presentation by month and some others

Response from Preno

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for leaving a review.

I'm glad you mentioned support as we strive to give the best support possible to all our customers.

We look forward to chatting with you soon.

- Amelia

Jiaxi X.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

Very easy to use! And support team is very helpful! They reply all the problems on time. I will keep using Preno for my next hotel!

Cons

I love everything. Very easy to use. Good !

Response from Preno

Thank you Jiaxi and the team at Everest!!
We enjoy working with you also.

All the best for the year ahead!

Talk soon

Tammy T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Super clean interface & easy to use

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

We've tried a few different property software before but Preno is our favourite. If you have a small- medium size hotel and love a platform that's easy to use, give it a try. Their pricing is quite competitive

Pros

clean interface, easy to use, many useful functions

Cons

can't think of any, probably the time zone differences cuz they're based in New Zealand? but no big deal

Response from Preno

Hi Tammy, thanks for your feedback! Glad you're enjoying Preno.

- Nick

Kanishak S.

Awesome PMS ! Simplified solutions & Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Simplicity of Operations Means more time to focus on growing Revenue

Pros

A+++ on Design -Simplicity -Integrations - Reports - Analytics & Support .. thats pretty much the basic pillars of a Front office Software and they check all boxes for a Property. Highly Intuitive Product !! I am sure this will evolve into great solution for most Hoteliers who are wanting to simplify their Front office operations.

Cons

None the more i use it the more i like it. I am confident the Preno design team will evolve this product further and to compete with specialist functions for Housekeeping , Bar,other revenue streams for hotels.

Response from Preno

Thank you Kanishak for your kind review. So happy to have you onboard and work with you.
Talk soon!

Gideon S.

Boissy B&B Orange

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

It was a very easy transition to switch to Preno . The training was done, in a very professional way.The team support was there from the beginning and NO waiting time if you needed assistance even after hours and on weekends. The features and functionality is very applicable in my busness,and I know that it was to correct choice of automate the accommodation bookings.

Response from Preno

Hey Gideon, thanks for the feedback! We're really proud of the high quality support that we provide, and I'm glad that you've taken advantage of it 24/7!

- Nick

Chris D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The best property management system available

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

Preno offers the most simplistic software for hotels/motels with the best functionality. Its ease of use and cloud base allows our team to log in remotely from their mobiles, iPads and laptops regardless of their location. The ability to train new team members is second to none, as its system is designed for anyone and everyone. Their customer support team is always available and can help with anything that you need at anytime. By far this is the best PMS available.

Cons

None - the team are constantly working on new integrations as well as refining their product. They take onboard any feedback given and let you know when the new features are available.

Natalie G.

Waste of Money

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Preno solved no problems whatsoever. I don’t understand why the owner even went into this line of work if they couldn’t solve even the most basic of problems. Only worried about selling the product and employing more marketing people than perfecting their product and providing customer service.

Pros

There is absolutely nothing about Preno that I can say was good.

Cons

No customer service. Not willing to listen to the customer. Unable to make simple changes to their software even though they are a software company.
Overpriced for a very very basic system.

Response from Preno

Hi Natalie,

We always appreciate feedback, but this statement is false. Our team worked incredibly hard to help you.

- Our pricing is clearly displayed on our website.
- We fully discounted the setup fee for you.
- You utilized our 24/7 free in-app chat support, and phone support. All your enquiries were answered by our team.
- We love getting user feedback on our product and it does get monitored for the product team as we release new features regularly. We don't release features for one customer, we release new and useful features for all Preno users. Consideration is given to our roadmap and user feedback is an important part of this.
- Our account manager visited your property on multiple occasions for in-person training at no charge.
- When you moved to a new system last month we assisted you in moving all bookings across.

We're a product company and our team work very hard to ensure the best support and service is given

Regards,

Amelia Gain

Shaun D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Outstanding service but product lite on essential features

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Ease of use and great user support

Pros

We have been with Preno for 9 months and although we are about to change it is not because of the Preno product. Preno is an easy to use booking system that continues to develop. I believe it has a little way to go to tick all the boxes in terms of being a comprehensive system but it has many outstanding features that make it an easy to use and responsive programme. The staff at Preno are also outstanding. They are always available and so support never far away when needed.

Cons

Still lite on features but developing. Some essential elements of the PMS are missing but the team is willing to listen to feedback on this.

Response from Preno

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We hope we can help you out again some day.

As you know we have a strong core offering to may properties and we have a lot of new and exciting features coming soon to Preno! We do value all your feedback.

Thanks for your kind words on our support, it's important to our team that our customers feel supported 24/7.

Thanks!

Jo E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Wow, what a company to deal with nothing but professional.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

How easy it is to use, even knowing you have a live chat available that is responded to promptly, it's so easy to work out what you need to do by yourself.

Cons

There are some things still being worked on, they are simply wish list things that don't seriously hinder the day to day.

Amy O.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use but lacks simple functions

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

It lacks simple functions. Whilst it is an easy program to use, it still needs some work to make it a successful program across the board.

Pros

The program is easy to use especially for training new staff. We love the credit card feature and how easy it is to pop the credit card in and charge the card the card without manually using an eftpos machine. Entering rates has never been more easier, we love the the tabs along the bottom to show for outstanding balances etc. Visually the program is easy on the eyes. Simple program good for very small properties. Not sure how it would go on a large hotel. I like the idea of the revenue reports, however this would only be functional if accounted for is accurate entered through.

Cons

The program lacks a few simple features and functions. We don't like the check out process for a guest departure. When you click the checkout button (even when no money is owing on the profile) it takes you into the guest folio, you then have to go to the home tab and go through the pointless screen slide. A bit time consuming.
2. There is no where to set up a group master to add a payment too. There is way to much room for error for direct deposits to not be accounted for correctly or invoicing the incorrect people. The reconcile report can not show you if money has not been accounted for some where. It just shows that a button has been clicked and its shown up on a report. It is all to easy to clear a profile and void a profile for money to become easily untraceable. Simple functions for setting up groups (e.g. school groups, travel agents) can apparently only be done through Xero to apply payments and then to cash a guest profile off in preno you select relevant sub heading... If not set up correctly money is accounted for incorrectly and in our case untraceable from previous employees misuse. You need to stay on top of all transactions daily going back and forth between too many avenues. This is not a one stop shop program. A bed selection tab on the guests profile would be so handy the current way is harder to use, especially when converting to the housekeeping report. Overlapping bookings is easy to do if moving rooms. 1 month blocks would be nice to view.

Response from Preno

Hi Amy,

I think there were some unique issues in your handover from your previous management that proved challenging at the start. I think we did not give you enough training during this hand over too, but we know what it's like, it's a busy time.

We are different in how we leverage specialised apps like Xero and channel managers. This is what provides the time savings to so many of our users.

It sounds like you have a good handle of Preno now.

We appreciate your ongoing support and feedback!

Eileen M.

Best Program By Far

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

Pros

All staff find the program easy to use. The support team are just wonderful and supportive.

Cons

Maybe highlight colours for different clients would be helpful

Wouldn't Change!

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

The platform has really worked well for us managing a small property. This system is more suited to smaller properties, saying that the system justifies its position as it really covers many great areas of the hotel operations.

Cons

More flexibility of the system should be provided. Some areas of the system we do not like the way it is positioned and we should be able to change this to our liking.

Response from Preno

Thank you for your review.
As we grow we are bringing more features around automation and expanding our accounting workflows. I believe that should make Preno an even better tool for a wider variety of properties.