Kennel Connection

Desktop or Cloud-based kennel management software

4 /5 (41 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Dorien A.

KC Rocks

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

I've been using KC since 2007 or 8 ... When the light bulbs went off as to how it work , my thought was wow!, that's so easy... Of course we've had minor issue , But the KC support team has always been there to help, sometimes beyond their responsibility. They are always updating and open to suggestions, I have few, they are as follows
1: a 2nd Text tab (and an auto removal of the () and - for easy copy and paste)
2: left message button and a time stamp note for called & left message buttons when utilized
3: Customer access button from any page especially the the Modify Groom Appointment page
4: Most importantly Pet with warning name should be in RED on the scheduling screen not just a flashing light when opening card.

While the software cost is competitive and start up is reasonable, It is a bit over priced to renew tech support or upgrade when you have existing KC product that is a major draw back, But the soft ware is so good I swallow hard , while feeling a bit taken advantage of .
Talk to Kevin in sales , he is very customer oriented and works hard to give you the best experience possible.. Jennifer and some of the other folks I've dealt with have also been very helpful and patient with this technically challenged grandma.
I know it looks as if I had a lot of suggestion but truly in the vast ability of this software over all it's the best out there in my opinion... I've used other even had a major competitor... The best way I could describe that soft ware was so bulky it was hard to use, So I'll stick to my kennel connection for all of my locations. Oh I might mention I love that we integrate it with other computers in my salons it's wonderful to be able to check one out and check in, on the other computer at the same time... For busy salons like ours that's a major plus...

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for your review, Dorien! Please be sure to enter your feature requests in the support center so we have them on the list for the next version. We have kept our support renewal costs as low as possible and in line with competition. It allows us to continue to offer new features in the software and provide upgrades as well as have plenty of staff on hand to assist with support and training needs.

Thank you again for your kind words, we appreciate your long term loyalty!

Ginger L.

over priced poor service too many glitches no user friendly below 1 star

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

it is an electronic client card I could have used a free program to do the same

Pros

The best service I received from this company was when I purchase it. After that I had to make a months in advance appointment to be taught the system. As a groomer who takes appointments by the week I do not know my schedule that far in advance and they want to do business with you in the middle of the work day. run far away and to make things worse I paid too much money thinking I got a complete system. Because I was not trained I use barely any of it plus to make things worse ti has glitches that has errors that just shut the whole thing off. I was promised a lot and did not get it after paying a ridiculous price and to get more I had to pay another more money as a groomer it is not like I have that much money to waste on a company with such poor customer service

Cons

over priced horrid customer service constant emails to pay them more money I am on here to find a better service for when I move and open my boarding kennel and it will not be kennel connection .

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hello Ginger,

I'm sorry to hear you had some issues.

I'm not sure who you spoke with, but we do not require a training session to be booked months in advance. We do ask customers to make an appointment with the training department so they have a time blocked off for each person they will spend time with, but that can often be booked the next day or within a few days, depending on our schedule and yours.

As for training, we also offer many training videos that you can watch in the comfort of your own home or shop when you have time to avoid needing to book specific time with a trainer if you so desire.

You purchased the lite version on sale, but it sounds like you may have wanted the standard version which offers more features. If I can assist you with training or anything else, please let me know.

Jennifer

A T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Developers need to step up their game

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I've been using Kennel Connection for 7 years now, and I second most of what has already been said in the 1 and 2 star reviews. It is beyond irritating for a program to have the appearance of Windows/MS Office without the functionality of those programs. When a list contains multiple columns, why not make it possible to sort by those columns? There is a drop down menu that allows limited sorting (by time, run or pet's first or last names) but even there, you recieve inconsistent results. If I sort the boarding window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be sorted by run. If I sort the daycare window by run, then print a feeding list, the feeding information will be seemingly random, with no order at all that I have been able to discern. Exporting anything to Excel using the Crystal reports (so that you could potentially manipulate the order of the data) produces a discordant spreadsheet, seperating information that I need on one row into a scattered mess over several rows and columns, and making it impossible to try to use Excel to its best advantage either. The daily run time errors are irritating when you are trying to be efficient, even worse is that glitches to the software updates frequently result in lost data--random client's vaccination records just disappear entirely from thier accounts. Finally, the formatting requirements for generating many of the reports on this program are flawed. If I want to get a list of expired vaccinations for example, I can't get a list that shows me any booking with an expired vaccine, unless/until I input my best guess at a range for when the vaccinations in question might have expired. Why make me guess when the point of a software program is to achieve certainty? I'm very grateful for this forum to note these difficulties, thank you.

Pros

The windows that pop up with vaccination warnings or other notes when you book a dog into a service.

Cons

See my entire review above.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hello, Not knowing which company you are from as I can't find your name in our database, I would first suggest you update to the latest version. I see some things in your note that have changed. You might also want to check out our training videos, they may be of some help to you. We have a library of videos on YouTube.

If we can help you, please let us know by calling or e-mailing. We're here to help. We have a feature request forum so you can request features, a trainer on staff, a full Knowledgebase of articles and much more to assist our customers. Again, please give us a call or send an e-mail if we can be of assistance.

Thank you!

Chris W.

Best out there

Reviewed on 2016/08/13

Been a KC user for 16 years. Love it, love it, love it. They make an awesome product and are always making imprivements.

Pros

everything, :)

Cons

the thing i like the least us the inabilty to customize certain things. but i do like that when suggestions are made, the update sometimes has these new features.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for you review, Chris. We appreciate your business!

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Poor quality

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

It's been horrible, called support and they not taking responsibility for a bad software.

Pros

It was easy to operate. But a lot of problems

Cons

I update no the new version, I been having a lot of glitches. First was opening invoices from 4 year ago, printing wrong invoice with a wrong date, one day everything was gone all client's information.
It's crazy how is so expensive to pay for this software and doesn't work.

Mike C.

Good product for what the industry has to offer

Reviewed on 2015/03/17

Pros: Intuitive, easy to navigate, nice features, great support with frequent updates.
Con: Not as flexible as I would like. It has all of the features I want, but not all work the way I want. Example: The wait list will not provide a global picture/report of who is on the wait list. I need to go to a particular date to see who is on the wait list at that time. So the wait list look empty until I hit a date that someone is waiting for an opening. I am sure they will fix this some day.

Bottom line for me is it provides what we need and the cons do not interfere with our operations. All of the people are great to work with. I have used other software packages and this one is as good as it gets right now.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for your review, Mike. We do have the waiting list on our suggestions list for possible change in the future.

Bret R.

Great Software does everything you need!!!

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Software has a lot of features and multiple ways to do one thing. Sometimes that can be good sometimes a little confusing. I like the fact that it can do everything for you. I would like to see the retail and inventory feature updated quite a bit in the next one.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hi Burt,

Thank you for your review!

If you have a moment, please submit your feature requests for the inventory and retail sections via the support center if you haven't already so we can add it to our customer request list for the next version.

Thank you!

Honor B.

Kennel Connection makes my life easier!

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

There is a module for every aspect of my business. Setting up new modules, employees , changing prices etc is easy. I appreciate how the company listens to what we, the clients, need added and/or changed within the program. The support center had been a huge help.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Honor! We're glad to hear the support center has been helpful. We appreciate your opinion and thank you for being a loyal customer!

Fred A.

Kennel Connection does the job here at Stillwater

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

Software easy to use and keep a good database for clients. Packages are good features for our daycare . The online reservation is a really good tool for clients.

Cons

Too many steps,when checking out client if they have daycare packages the whole package is included when making an invoice.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hello Fred,

Thank you for your review and your business. It's much appreciated.

In regards to your comment about the packages, you might want to give us a call as if a client or dog has a daycare package, you don't need to create an invoice upon checkout. Maybe we can make things easier for you with that process.

Thank you again!

Shannon K.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Some glitches

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I hate customer service to the point that I was searching for other software to use. I like the functionality for the most part.

Pros

Great for scheduling boarding and has good reports. Excellent for invoicing. Easy to figure out.

Cons

Often vaccinations are randomly deleted. Tried to talk to customer service, but you have to buy an expensive package for them to fix glitches in their own software. Not easy to schedule reoccurring boarding appointments, that feature is daycare only.

Jolie F.

Not user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Pros

It had a lot of features and customer service was helpful.

Cons

I had a hard time setting It up and training my staff. It seemed you had to click and go through too many steps to book one reservation. I didn’t find it to be user-friendly and seemed to be outdated.

Robert B.

Be Cautious

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

I purchased the software at the end of November. In less than a month, I was notified that a new version of the software is coming out. I feel that Blue Crystal Software Corporation/ Kennel Connection should have informed me about the new release when it was two months away. We could have worked out the cost of the new release up front and I would have remained a satisfied customer.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hi Robert,

We do have a new version coming out soon, but it hasn't been released yet and we don't have an exact date of release. We don't advertise it to new customers until we have a release date. I would suggest you speak to the sales team in regards to the new version.

Thank you for your business!

Mel A.

Very user friendly program

Reviewed on 2016/02/11

Such an easy detailed program to use. Love the Pet Services where we can enter all of the permanent instructions for the pets which makes it so much quicker for our customers not having to repeat previous instructions.

The customer service from Kennel Connection is fantastic and the people are so helpful. There is so much that this program can do!

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for your review, Mel. We appreciate your business and we're happy to know our customer service team is doing their job well.

Kim L.

Keeps our business very organized and professional!

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

We have been using kennel connection since we opened our kennel 4 1/2 years ago. Love the ease of using the program. Thankful I purchased the quick books direct link. It makes my book keeping go very smoothly so I can spend more time with the dogs! The customer service is amazing! I would highly recommend this program for anyone researching programs for their pet business.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Kim, we appreciate your business and your kind comments.

Danielle F.

Exceptional customer service

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Exceptional customer service whenever I call I am very happy to know that all of my kennel connection issues can be resolved quickly with a phone call or an email . If it was not a quick fix I have been able to work with kennel connection staff to solve the problem as soon as possible. My employees also find the program to be user friendly

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Danielle. We appreciate your business and your kind comments!

Drea H.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

I am very happy with the Kennel Connection software. I love the email functions, the Quickbooks DirectLink (which saves bookkeeping time), and being able to take credit cards through the system. But my favorite part of the system is the Customer Service!

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Drea, we appreciate your kind comments. We are happy to hear our team is doing a good job. Thank you for your continued business.

Debra S.

Adding module

Reviewed on 2016/02/15

I absolutely love when it's time to add on to our existing Kennel Connection services and there is a SALE going on!! Kevin was great in helping procuring the grooming add on module.

Thanks for a great product and service!

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hello Debra, Thank you for the review, we're glad you are loving KC!

Carol M.

Great Product Great Service

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

I have been using this software a few years now with no problems. Kennel Connection is very easy to use and if you can't figure it out the online support will have the answer for you. Give it a try you will love it!!

Pros

Everything

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Carol. We appreciate your business and we are happy to have you as a customer.

Debbie W.

Great Tech Support!

Reviewed on 2016/01/26

I'm not the most "techy" person so I always appreciate good tech support. It's probably the number 1 thing I look for when shopping anything having to do with computers/software. After a horrid experience with a well known electronics store, I had to call Kennel Connection's support to straighten out their mess. KC was so patient & thorough! Paul not only addressed my problem, but did updates & connected my 2 computers together. I can now run KC on both computers & they communicate with one another even though I don't have the web version!

I have added onto the Boarding module each year (QB's & Training) & they have helped me to get them set up each time. There is also a FB page where you can ask questions that are answered promptly by KC staff.

KC keeps our records, schedules, training, & boarding organized. It is pretty customizable. It was a learning curve for me but you can find instructions on their support site and/or YouTube. I especially love the fact that you can choose the web version or owning the software outright with no monthly fees.

I believe great customer service is a rare thing these days so I always go out of my way to spread the word when a company excels in that area. Thus my detailed brag about Kennel Connection!

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you so much for your kind review, Debbie. We value your business and your opinion!

Gail P.

Works Great for my business since 2005!

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

My Pet Sitting Module keeps things in order and works very well for my business over the last 10 years. It allows me to keep pet sitters schedules organized and print out not only their schedules daily but client information sheets for each of the clients they visit. It tracked accounting and service was always wonderful.. If I ever had a problem (and there were very few), I always received prompt answers and fixes.. even if it was early in the morning.

My Daycare Module helped me track the dogs, vaccines and all the information necessary for running a daycare. It has a feature where I could email daily report cards to clients and send out emails to all clients or selected clients.

I find that they are a software company with a personal touch.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for being a long time customer, Gail. We appreciate your continued business. We are happy to hear you feel we have a personal touch. Our staff works hard every day to help our customers. Thank you again!

B S.

Sadly Disappointing Over Time

Reviewed on 2015/03/14

At first, I loved this software. After 5 years, not so much. This program is quirky. There are frequent run time errors, features sometimes don't work properly and the inability to switch between open windows without closing them is just annoying. I find myself more often than not, double checking the estimate for boarding multiple dogs at a reduced rate. It simply ignores the parameters of those discounts in the settings. I have begun the search for kennel software again. I believe there is a more cost effective, user friendly software out there somewhere. That being said...we have used this software for five years and upgraded one time. There are some features that are really useful. If you have a caller ID modem the customer record pops up. There is a frequent customer feature to track services. And it makes nice looking gift certificates. I think I may just have a better understanding of what our needs are in software....I don't think Kennel Connection is it.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Hello Buffy, Thank you for the review. I hope you have found what you are looking for and wish you the best!

Christie T.

They have the best customer service! They go above and beyond to help you! Make you feel at...

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

When I had a few hiccups with my system they were there for me no matter how many time I called because I am not computer savy! They stayed with me walked me thru it until I finally got it fixed! That meant the world to me as I was dealing with a seriously I'll mother and didn't have time to deal with problem! Very impressed with them!

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Christine. Hiccups happen and we're happy to help when they do. We appreciate your kind words and we thank you for being a loyal customer.

Mark P.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST SHOOT ME?

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

I hate technology but these very nice people's make my life tolerable.

Barely.

Hahaha just kidding of course, what would we do without KC and our backup crew???? :-)

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Mark! We are glad to hear we help make your life as least a bit more tolerable. :) Thank you for your comments and try to have a great day!

Tom F.

Software for sanity

Reviewed on 2015/03/22

I have been using KC since 1997, and thru out that time,I have been impressed with the functionality of the product and impressed with the customer service.

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you, Tom, we appreciate your kind comments and business.

Becky K.

Amazingly easy program!

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

great organization

Pros

We have been using KC since 2002!- could not be happier with customer service and easy of use- I have never been computer savy and have never had a problem or complaint that customer service is not quick to explain or help with. We have a good size staff and all are quick to learn on this user friendly, easy to navigate system.We use the online version and have been very impressed with it, despite not having the greatest internet service- we have a pickup and delivery service and the online system is very helpful to access remotely. Also, nice to be able to access and work on from home. I have seen some complaints about pop up warnings, ect- these are all things that can be turned on/off as you feel they are needed- most of them we do not use- but some are extremely helpful (I do like the suggestion of having a pet name show in red if they have a warning tho) - but in general- KC gives us everything we need and more to operate an active boarding, daycare and grooming business. Could not be happier!- wish they would develope a similar program for the equestrian industry!!

Cons

not much to say as far as cons go- we use the online version and the cost seems a bit high, but not sure how I would function without it !

Response from Blue Crystal Software

Thank you for your review and your business, Becky! We appreciate it.