ServiceChannel

4,1
4,2
4,4
Industry: Retail

One stop platform for all your facilities management needs

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Pros

Being able to have everything on one platform is a huge time saver especially in this ever changing industry. From work order creation to invoice approval, the system is extremely user friendly. Also the fact that during implementation it is set up specific to your business needs and as things change, you can make changes!

Cons

Implementation process can be lengthy and creating the issues list can be confusing if you don't have a good starting point. You do get set up with an implementation manager who does help guide you through the process.

Mari clare L.

Excellent Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Excellent. Our account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always available to answer questions or help us with optimizing our work flow. The system has greatly increased our ability to prioritize and focus on the issues that will move the needle.

Pros

Keeping hundreds of work orders time stamped and name stamped. This allows for clear accountability for my team and direct communication with the store staff. All information is stored in one WO and photos/videos can be uploaded to allow for context.
Managing expectations is much easier with the missed ETA alerts and I can easily see where my team needs to focus their efforts.

Cons

The PM module is still clunky and doesn't really fit our requirements entirely. It's limited in it's capabilities (for example: many of our locations have different frequencies and schedules for cleaning, this cannot be specified in the PM module).

Ron M.

Rolled out 300+ Retailer locations.

Reviewed on 2015/04/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Having worked with various systems of this type at 3 different Fortune 500 companies and 2 major contractors, Service Channel is a great introductory CMMS program. It is very simplistic in its approach to creating work orders and is by far the most contractor-friendly for those with limited technical experience or back office support. The initial training support is fantastic!

It is one of the most widely used systems today, most likely due to its ease of use. Therefore, there is an abundance of very qualified contractors readily available to support your needs.

Once set up, the electronic payment portion is a outstanding benefit. Extremely effective and easy.

I appreciate the team\account manager dedicated to our account. They are always available and willing to help. Excellent partnership and extremely responsive.

Cons

Initial setup and continuing changes are a huge opportunity. The templates for uploading are antiquated and require the creation and review of 1000s of line items of data. Most other comparable systems complete the setup for you. This is not the case with Service Channel. If you have a large portfolio, be prepared to spend 100s of hours setting up. Changes are "clunky" and not intuitive. Recently, the customer interface went through an entire change with no warning or training to the customer. 2 months later and we are still trying to work through the changes.

This is not an Asset Management software. If you are looking to report on individual equipment asset life, this is not the program for you. If what you need is an electronic dispatching and reporting system, Service Channel is perfect!

If you have a large portfolio with multiple providers, the Preventative Maintenance Module is a huge disappointment. It's nearly impossible to correctly load the first time and even more difficult to manage and make changes and corrections.

The Android and iOS apps have extremely limited functionality. Again, another huge disappointment for a company supposed to be on the cutting edge.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Regan S.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great platform to help a multi site operation to move from reaction to proactive style planning

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

SC platform has enabled us to move our repairs and maintenance services from a very reactive to a proactive process. Allowing the team time to truly handle the critical items and continue to drive for process and proactive improvements. We view the SC platform as the 6 AI member of the Facilities Department as it handles the daily needs seamlessly. Savings realized in the first year were able to cover the cost of the SC platform at the 420 locations.

Pros

The product is user friendly for the end user and allows the owner to easily create and adjust as needed. It can truly handle a work orders need from cradle to grave while handling every possible work flow needed for each work order between creation and close out.

Cons

The proposal module needs to have a notes function to ensure that any discussion about potential work is captured in the system; as well the planned maintenance module needs an update to make it more user friendly.

Sierra L.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Overall my experience is very positive. This is now the 2nd company I've used SC with and I fought to bring them on at my last one before I left - they might still be in talks. It really broadens the scope of FM and really helps drive our efficiency.

Pros

I think one of the things that I appreciate the most about Service Channel is it's constantly evolving. They're always rolling out something new and it's always applicable to what's happening in the industry, not stale data or updates late to solving a problem. They listen, pay attention, predict FM needs and challenges to such a degree that many times if I'm considering a new KPI/vendor communication/report data I check SC first because they've likely thought of it already.

Cons

Sometimes I find a few of the developments feel very US specific- at least at the outset, but the whole team is great about tweaking and editing and even rebuilding something to suit our needs.

John H.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Service Channel - Definitely Recommend!

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

I have worked with Service channel close to 2 years now.

Pros

The thought that goes behind everything is top notch! the easy of use for our users is key to the success of the system.

Cons

I've only had one negative experience and it had to do with vendor searching which is linked to fix book, and was quickly resolved

David J.

Worldwide deployment

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

- Very happy with the system and the support and follow up
- We need more resources dedicated to us to finalize the deployment before end of the year.

Pros

- Possible to be global (languages, currencies...) and adaptable to small-mid local requierements or needs.
- Always there's a solution for special needs we can have

Cons

- Not an unique point of contact (3 regions 3 contacts, not efficient in a global set up)

Fred L.
Industry: Restaurants

Excellent System

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Overall I am very happy with the system and software. The ease of use and the amount of data available is probably the best part of the system. Data is so valuable!

Pros

The ease of editing vendors within trades is one of the best functions to use in the business. Pulling reports and the use of analytics is great! Real time data and ease of communicating within our users is one of my favorite feature. I wish they had an AP to match the website. Still a little behind the times in the mobile AP end of this system.

Cons

The only part of the software I wish could be upgraded is the AP software. Still very limited and behind the times.

Ryan N.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Strong end user experience, but with a slightly complicated back end

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

Service Channel was our mode of communicating all site level service/maintenance needs for 2 years until we switched to a different service. From an end user experience, SC allowed a great deal of customization in pulling reports, had a mobile app (that actually worked even better than the parent web based app) and was very functional for daily use in regards to submitting tickets.

Cons

The back end of SC, however, was much more difficult to manage and integrate into a large company. We ultimately switched to software we were already utilizing for other purposes that had service ticket abilities.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Product and Support!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Pros

The analytics and reporting are a wonderful tool. Regular upgrades to the platform continuously make a great product even better.

Cons

Getting all end users to begin working in the system was challenging, but I that is not unique to ServiceChannel.

Jim M.

Service Channel Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

I like the system as a whole, as far as realized savings....it isn't as simple as the selling features portray. Factors like having the right filtering available when comes to doing analytics is important. Everyone runs their business differently and I believe that adds to the challenge of having one tool that works for everyone. Also Service Channel has just changed over their analytics tool to a new 3rd party and we haven't had a chance to run with it yet. I believe there are unseen savings because of the system. I was able to reduce part of my administrative staff because of efficiencies in the system...being able to track my internal team better as well.

Pros

The main thing I like about Service Channel is that it lets me see how my internal team is functioning in their maintenance rolls. I like the ability to assign work to internal or external providers. Processing the invoicing is a big asset, it minimizes the manual labor involved they way we use to process invoices. The Service Channel team is always trying to innovate the software by adding new functions or improving on existing, this is a big win to me as well.

Cons

It is apparent to me that the software was built by a number of teams, the use of terminology changes from one function to the next....this throws new user off when trying to learn the system....In training there was always a reference to the work order number but in the application the tracking number comes up first...yes there is a work order selection....to me redundancy in functions and terminology is key for making this easier to use. Some parts of the system do an auto fill function other parts don't but you would expect that it would? There is glitch with the system that generates a large number of emails each night stating our contractors are out of insurance compliance, when their not...this is annoying to me as well as the contractors. It was fixed once before but has come back again but it still hasn't been addressed. It took 4 weeks the last time to remedy the issue...My biggest issue is with using outside contractors, very few have much knowledge in working with Service Channel which causes my team to hand hold them through the process and some seem to never get it.....many don't understand the proposal system, they don't understand listed incurred cost on adjusted proposals....also the RFP system doesn't appear to work correctly. We issue RFP's but they go un-answered as if they were never received, even when working with contractors who seem to grasp the system.

Aaron G.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Consistency and Transparency - A Very Strong System System with a Few Opportunities

Reviewed on 2016/12/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I can absolutely not imagine managing our 175 restaurants well without Service Channel. Our company is comprised of several acquisitions' worth of franchisees and SC was such an important tool, helping us gain consistency in how our locations are managed.

Pros

Transparency and Consistency: Everything is transparent; when dispatches were created, who created them, what contractor was dispatched, when the tech was on site if there was a proposal, who approved it, when we were invoiced, who approved it, when the invoice was paid, etc. How one location is managed is how all locations are managed.

Accountability at all levels, for all things: There's never any doubt about what happened when it happened.

Proposal Approvals: Our initial big win with Service Channel was its proposal approval process. Prior to Service Channel, our system of proposal approvals amounted to an excel spreadsheet and a chain of emails that was very hard to manage and impossible to track. Now it clear and consistent and easy to review.

Asset Tracking: We have heavily used the asset tracking abilities of Service Channel for the past 2 years. It's now coming to fruition the results of our effort, having the ability to look at any given piece of equipment and see its make/model/serial information and know how many repairs were made over the past year so we can make the best decisions on whether to repair or replace it.

Preventative Maintenance: We have ultimate consistency in our PM program knowing when dispatches go out, who they go to, and exactly what the scope of work is that we send.

Flexibility: The system is incredibly flexible, not a one size fits all system at all. You can be as creative as possible in its use, tailoring it to your organization's specific needs.

Contractor Compliance: Service Channel has helped our accounting team gain consistency in knowing when certificates of insurance are out of date

System Reporting: It's incredibly powerful. What do you want to know-- average invoice amounts per trade? what contractor are performing well? what are your top 10 most frequently repaired assets? You name it-- you can report on it.

Fluid Accounting Processes: Invoices flow from SC into our Accounting software (with integration) after approval from the field. SC has helped keep our accounting department lean and mean.

SC is a widely used, well-developed system -- one of the biggest and best. They're constantly improving.

Cons

Contractor Engagement: Ultimately contractors have to choose to engage and participate in Service Channel and smaller contractors can offer a challenge in their participation. I feel like, if there was one thing I'd improve about the system, I wish it was easier for the contractors to work through their onboarding. The better the contractor experience, the easier for them to navigate, the more contractors that will want to work inside of the system. Without contractor buy-in, the system loses its power.

Pay per feature: While SC does have a very strong base feature set, to upgrade and use certain other features, will cost an additional, small, per-site fee.

You will run into little programming flaws from time to time and have to report them when they pop up, for correction. Because of the volume of clients that SC has and the fact they have to prioritize improvements, sometimes it takes longer for the correction than one might like.

Jon N.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Service Channel

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Over 5000 service requests are put through a year from over 200 locations (Retail and Restaurant) and Service Channel allows us to keep control. We also run all the invoices and proposals through the system and we use the search and filter feature a lot to look up past work orders and invoices. This sort of work load ideally requires 2 people.

Pros

Service Channel are always making improvements and adding features based on users comments. It is very easy to use and understand for the end user. It is very simple to search back on the records and leave notes for the vendors. It is a one stop operation from Work order request to proposals to final invoice. It also has great tools to analyse the the data from every possible angle.

Cons

They are always developing and improving the software so as an administrator you have to stay on top of the developments. A little bit of a learning curve for the administrator because there are so many features, but once you have it then you are fine. Adding new Vendors on their Fixxbook program can be frustrating because it is not very intuitive for a new vendor to fill out the forms.

Trish D.

A great tool to manage store issues and communication to the vendor base or corporate partners.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

As a Facilities Manager, high value is placed on ease of use for the field and its versatility. Our staff uses Service Channel for multiple store issues. Repair and Maintenance, Loss Prevention issues including alarm issues and requests for a variety of things, Finance issues including inventory control and auditing matters, Operational issues and requests, overall it is extremely useful and we are expanding its use all the time. One of the nicest features for store associate use is that it is very user friendly, you don't need to be 'techy' to understand it. Creating new service request are made simple by the use of drop down boxes which are self explanatory and the system just leads the user to the next screen... we are very pleased with this tool and will continue using it as we grow.

Cons

There have been a number of upgrades of late, which in itself is good, but often causes the system to run slow... there are new 'bugs' that develop as a result of upgrades which do eventually get resolved.

Katie W.

Reliable, User Friendly, Worth it

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Fast processing and excellent organization.

Pros

I love almost everything about SC. It starts with how easy the software is to use. I am on it daily whether it is accepting calls for billing out. In their WO Reports section you can look up all calls that have not been accepted, opened, in progress and complete. SC has an app that allows you to check into business using GPS, for some customers you may need to dial a phone number using a store phone but that is easy! I love that you can submit proposals immediately and the notes section provides a perfect spot to communicate with the customer. As a vendor, communication is key, especially when working in high energy, loud, or busy environments.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is when you reject a call it stays in your open section of the WO reports. I wish they would have a reject section- they may I just have not come across it.

Micah D.

You need to work on quotes, reporting, and integrations

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

ServiceChannel has been a great software for us to use. Its easy to navigate through the site, to check in/out, and to invoice. Creating our profile has been easy as well and I feel like we are able to be seen by customers in our areas for the trades that we handle.

I have concerns around your reporting KPIs. I myself found an issue with your system messing up the different time zones and we were getting dinged for not accepting work orders in a timely manner, when we were.
I have also reached out several times to the customer service team to ask questions about how the data is calcuated, for example, if a work order goes to quote rather than completed, are we graded negatively? Because that doesnt seem fair that I found a bad compressor rather than a contactor.

Your quoting system is easy to use but its not robust enough. I should be able to add multiple lines for equipment and different kinds of repairs and have the quote segmented that way, rather than having to build individual quotes for each option.

And lastly, is integration. The process should be MUCH less expensive and far more robust. With the technology age, there should be nothing I cant integrate with in one way or another.

Response from ServiceChannel

We appreciate the positive review and constructive feedback. We value our service provider partners and are committed to provide leading solutions for contractors/suppliers in our industry.

We invite your company to join our Regional Service Provider Committee to discuss how to improve the experience.

In response:
TIMEZONES issues were recently brought to our attention & corrected. The KPIs accurately reflect and account for time zones domestic and global.
SCORECARD is intended to provide transparency and factual information of performance for both service provider and client. Service requests that require a proposal/quote will affect the FIRST time completion KPI only. This KPI was designed with this in mind & will rarely be 100%. QUTOES:Changes are being made to the Proposal/Quote tool to allow you to itemize materials/info to be added/propagated to Invoice.
INTEGRATION:Monthly fee is industry standard, eliminates system redundancy & is proven to be very cost effective.

Sarah L.

Daily User

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

We love Service Channel! The personal support, the development and software have been so beneficial to creating an effective and efficient facilities team.

Pros

We love using this software to setup our preventative maintenance services to remove the manual entry of the work orders. We also just implemented the weather mapping and bulk work order creation that has been very valuable during this busy hurricane season. We also rely heavily on the custom analytics to provide customized reports for us to provide to ELT.

Cons

The only area that could use improvement is the issue list and manual time it takes to create it up front. I would like to see become more of a drop down selection with cells to add information for the individual user.

Karen-alexandra R.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Service Channel Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Great customer service, really patient people there to help!
Easy to keep up to date (store profiles, issue lists, gl codes, etc)

Pros

Accessibility to the stores so they can create their own requests.
Issue list(s) can be modified easily on our end.
Easy access to customer service & understanding of our issues.

Cons

Lack of project module (now released in 2020)
Harder to use than other softwares/ not as customizable as smaller platforms.
GL code triggered by proposal not WO's GL (will not update automatically)

Ken E.

The Value ServiceChannel Has Brought to Our Company

Reviewed on 2015/05/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product is very affordable and provides a broad array of useful tools (e.g. work orders, RFPs, invoicing, vendor management, analytics, etc.). The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. ServiceChannel is very customer-focused vendor who is continuously working with clients to improve the product suite.

Cons

I have a difficult time coming up with an answer for this question. Any product and vendor can be improved (capabilities, service, etc.). However, ServiceChannel is the best vendor I have seen in its efforts to address customer needs, be proactive in technology to surpass customer expectations, continuously improving their products, and delivering on its promises.

Katie M.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Top notch support team

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

The people from Service Channel are the best and always there is you have a question. They are always open to hearing my ideas, there to answer all of my numerous questions and was there every step of the way in merging our two dashboards together. Everything is easier with their help!

Pros

The software is very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

Some of the features could still use updating. I.e. the planned maintenance dashboard. It could be easier to manipulate PMs within a frequency or change a store to a new frequency without losing pricing

Trish D.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Over the past 7 years I've been with Tumi, Service Channel has expanded and refined the website and functionality within. On the front end it is a fool proof, easy to use site that requires little to no skill...there is value in that alone, especially when there are all levels of staff using the system. We have also recently expanded Service Channels use within our company with much success. From a managerial standpoint it has been a tool I could not do without.

Pros

Ease of use for the facilities team and for the store team.

Cons

I don't care for the new invoice layout.

Tony L.

Solid Facilities Maintenance management software solution

Reviewed on 2015/04/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product itself is relatively intuitive and a quick learn. If you're not sure how to do something, figuring it out is usually not too difficult. The reporting capabilities are great. I use a variety of reports out of this system on a regular basis to keep tabs on tickets for over 850 locations. Service Channel is responsive, and in my experience a great partner.

Cons

Service Channel is not exactly very customizable. Scorecarding, for instance, relies on certain metrics that can't be adjusted or changed for specific trades. I'd also like to see the ability to flag a location to be able to alert an individual when the next plumbing or the next electrical ticket is entered. This would be ideal for locations that carry warranties or locations with specific repeat issues.

Bryn M.
Industry: Restaurants
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great software, features, and network!

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Service channel is fantastic. One of the most stand out features to me has been working directly with their programming team to both suggest improvements and custom spec files so the system works well with our other in house systems. They've got the best reporting capabilities of any similar platform I have seen and a huge network of vendors. They have helped is lower our overall r and m costs as a company.

Pros

Ease of use. Reporting.

Cons

Lack of easy access to advanced training for people within our organization without much coordination.

Steeley B.

Easy to Use and Track

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

able to pinpoint problem areas.

Pros

Managing each locations tickets and status is a breeze. Reviewing invoices and proposals all in one place. The customer service and support I find is really efficient and helpful.

Cons

I find it clunky it clunky to customize our dropdowns menus for the end users to submit tickets. I may just not be as computer savvy, but that is where the customer service comes in handy and are able to assist.

Danny K.

Mutliple user both as a customer and third party administrator

Reviewed on 2015/04/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Simple to use, easy to teach. Flexible ability to set up the rules as you wish, generate any type of report you need, ability to make quick changes throughout the process. Using current vendors that you already have relationships with a big plus.

Cons

I am very pleased with this product so not much would I say is what I like least.
Doing third party work with Service Channel leads to different project managers for each customer which is a little tough. Would be easier with the same one but that is about it.