Epos Now

Secure electronic point of sale (POS) system

4,1
3,9
4,1
3,9
Zehra D.

WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2020/12/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros

I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons

Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!

I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

Industry: Food & Beverages

We use it to run our bar

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Industry: Insurance

Super Simple

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Epos Now was by far the simplest software we found. The integrations were the deal breaker though. They have out of box integrations that rival any other POS System and have the flexibility to allow us to create our own integrations for other softwares we actively work with.

Cons

I don't like the per terminal license. It isn't a big issue as we're getting a ton of value, but it would be cool if they had small package tier licenses.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Reviewer.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback regarding licencing fee is important to us.

I'm pleased to read that you like the way our products integrate with software.

Erick E.
Industry: Furniture

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from James

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

Kevin R.
Industry: Food Production

Almost there

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.

Pros

The ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.

Cons

I had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.

Cesar A.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

Pros

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

Cons

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen.

The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Cesar.

Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities.

It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you.

Peter C.
Industry: Supermarkets

Does what it says and then some...

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

After evaluating a number of potential EPOS solutions for our business we decided that the Epos Now solution was a close watch to our required specification, functionality and ease of use. It provided all of our essential hardware and software requirements and many 'nice to haves' that were on our original list. After installing the system off-site we had an intensive period of testing user data and configuring the system to match our specific business processes. Epos Now provided plenty of training and support during this period and we were impressed with how much functionality was available compared to our old system. After the user acceptance testing was signed off the system was installed seamlessly into the operation and has ran perfectly from day 1. Combined with the remote back office, the Epos Now system has been welcomed by staff, has introduced many new efficiencies into our business and continues to do so the more we use it. We have no hesitation recommending this system to others.We had a couple of small software gaps that we needed more help than usual to rectify however epos now made available the support resolve them.

Tracey D.
Company size: Self Employed

EPOS Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

much better reporting

Pros

easy to use and adaptablilty. The ability to integrate with Quick Books

Cons

it can be slow and I have had issues with it not allowing me to log into the til

Morteza D.

Totally RIP-OFF

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

absolutely rip off,
they advertise complete solution for £249 including till terminal, cash drawer and a printer. (to good to be true)
when I called to place an order, I ended up getting it for £600 for that.
here comes worst part, as I only received a till terminal without cash drawer and printer.
I called them up to find out, they advised me cash drawer and printer will be dispatched separately, so I had to wait for another week.
unfortunately another week passed and no sign of my items, this time after literally 12min holding my call ,different guy picked up the phone and went through my record and said that the amount you paid was only for till terminal and for cash drawer and printer I had to pay separately.Really??
so I paid £600 only for till terminal only, is this a joke
so I asked what is this £249 that you are puting for sale included, he responded thats plus 3 year warranty and licence fee.
Obviously I have already purchased the license and do not need 3 year warranty as well,however he said we won't make money out of this, so we need to add a 3 year warranty charge so to cover the cost.
This is ridiculous, nobody told me that, otherwise I would not go for it.

Pros

covers most of my needs,not a bad support team.

Cons

Be aware they con people easily.sluggish software, you have to buy all equipments from them so not compatible with any other hardware other than themselves.

Valentina B.
Industry: Restaurants

Good system and good customer service

Reviewed on 2017/12/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I spent a lot of time researching POS systems before opening my cafe next year and I finally settled on Epos Now due to a good mix of price and functionalities. During the first phase they walked me through the system and company and made sure I was taken care of through all stages of my signing up process, thank you! The company offers 30 days free training when you purchase the software and I was lucky enough to get allocated to one of the rep. Besides being a bubbly personality and always in a good mood (which is not so easy to find in general) she was extremely patient with me asking the same questions over and over again and she explained the software's main functionalities with clarity and confidence. In just a few sessions we set up my whole menu on the system and the way it will appear on the till so all I have left to do now is plug in the hardware before opening and I'm good to go! Based on the service received so far I would definitely recommend Epos Now.

Vicky J.
Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Customer Service

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

When I called customer service. He was amazing and resolved all the queries that I had through remote support. He explained everything clearly as he resolved the issues and not once did I feel that I was been rushed. One very happy customer, thank you

Cons

I was a bit skeptical about remote support at first thinking it would be a nightmare if we had a serious problem but it works brilliantly

Graham W.
Company size: Self Employed

Avoid

Reviewed on 2020/03/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've given up contacting customer support, you get nowhere with a serious issue. It is always referred to the developers.
My issue now is that stock re-order levels are not be alerted to me.

Pros

As a retailer there is not a lot to like about this software.

Cons

Clumsy, does not integrate with apps, especially shopify.
Features are aimed at the hospitality industry, not suitable for retail.
The database is clumsy, you can only search for products on the till if they are listed as for sale on the till.
With over 2000 products in my inventory that makes the till slow.
Integration with card payments is awful.
You request a fix and it takes months, but the system is always being updated with cosmetic upgrades.
Avoid like the plague

Lisa U.
Industry: Retail

Love the software - both front end and back end

Reviewed on 2018/06/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Pros

Both front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most

Cons

customer service is lacking and that is not good in my book I had to call and e-mail many times and never felt that I received the correct support

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kim N.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It’s good - but our volunteer bartenders say it takes too long to learn it (they are not using it every week)!so they will not open or close - just use it to sell drinks.

Pros

Easy to learn
Easy checkout
Easy to add product

Cons

Cannot run ind sales by customer without paying more for the app

We had a disastrous experience trying to use one of your recommended pinpad suppliers (EVO). Horrible experience. They have absolutely no customer service for Canada. QUIT using them immediately.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Robert A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The interaction and advice given was excellent

Reviewed on 2017/11/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I wish to thank you for all your help in setting up our system, the interaction and advice given was excellent. I would recommend your company to anyone looking for a till system, all staff that I talked to were friendly and knowledgeable about the system and it’s workings, a very professional setup and worth our money spent, I have continued to receive support as and when required and all is helpful to move our business forward.

Industry: Accounting

Poor Inventory Management System

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Not so simple to implement, the Quickbooks connect apps does un-acceptable updates. So we have to reverse the process and disconnect.

Pros

Technical support staff is great. They are alway happy to helop and solve your problems with the implementation.

Cons

Inventory Mangement and costing system. It does not support different methods of costing in compliance with GAAP (FIFO , average.. ect. ) what it does is -it cost your inventory base on your latest cost input. Can't do average or compute for cost like we use to do in every purchase where we need to add unit price plus shipping and other incidental costs. It takes the PO unit price.

Response from Epos Now

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you would not recommend Eposnow and have experienced problems.

It's difficult to provide accurate responses without knowing further information, however regarding issues such as app updating unfortunately this is out of our control as these are third party apps.

If you would like to further discuss the issues you have faced please do contact us.

Kind regards

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Nelson M.

Easy to learn

Reviewed on 2019/02/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I like it a lot, but I'm still learning how to blend it with my accounting (Quickbooks)

Pros

It is Simple to understand, and fast setup. Our employees aren't techy, but Everything worked right out of the box.

Cons

But it's a little slow sometimes between back-office and the till, I believe because the hardware is dated

Response from James

Hello Nelson.

Thank you for leaving us a business review, your feedback is important to help us understand our customers and their needs.

I'm pleased to read that you and your staff are finding the software easy to use, the system is customisable allowing you to have the layout which best suits your staff and business needs.

We invest heavily in upgrading our systems and value your feedback regarding the speed of the system, I will pass on your feedback to our development team,

Sally S.
Industry: Retail

Since installing be an Epos now system it has been great!

Reviewed on 2017/03/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Since installation an Epos now system Ito our store the support we have received has been excellent. Whatever the issue you can contact them in many ways with a quick response. They will stick with you until your issue is resolved.

Pros

Easy to use software
Cost effective
Sales reporting highlights my best and worst sellers and inventory control saves me hours a month

Cons

Took 5 days to get a replacement scanner out but that's about it

Jay A.

Excellent support!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Customer since October 2016

Pros

My implementation manager was very helpful in explaining how the Loyalty program works within EPOSNow. Our issue was resolved quickly and she took the time to show us how to utilize Promotions for the Loyalty customers.

Cons

There was an issue with finding where the award points were displayed at on the till side and with how much award was being awarded.

Pujan D.
Industry: Supermarkets

Best POS customer service provider out there!

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

I appreciate the way Epos handles their customer support. It is pretty much 24/7 and the customer service dept is helpful and understanding of the clients, walking me step-by-step through any problems/questions I encounter.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is that I can access my data and sales information from anywhere. I can check/make changes at home from my mobile device, home desktop, or my laptop.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is that it can take awhile to get used to all the different options/buttons that Epos offers. It can be pretty daunting in the beginning and will definitely take time to get used to how the software operates but once you get the hang of it, it isn't as bad as it seems.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Angela D.
Industry: Restaurants

Never use Epos Now

Reviewed on 2017/03/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I will never recommend EPOS Now to anyone that is looking for a point of sale system. We ordered on February 27th and were guaranteed delivery on March 6th. On March 6th we called because we never got a tracking number, and were then told they were out of stock and would be back in stock in a day or two. Once again we were guaranteed that we would get the first one shipped out and it would be to us on March 8th, no later than the 9th. March 8th comes and goes with no tracking number or no system. On the 9th I receive a phone call from a different sales rep, informing us they were back in stock and wanting to know when we needed our system (we pushed our opening back since we didn't get it on the 6th). I informed him that we needed it yesterday, and he once again guaranteed me that we would get it shipped over night. He said we would get it Saturday March 11th (not sure how 2 days away was over night, but okay because that would still give us time for our new opening date. It is now past time it should have been here today, the 11th and we still do not have our POS system. Now, if we get it on Monday, we will be learning it, trying to train our employees on it, and deal with the crowd of people that will be here. Every single day we are in our restaurant working we have people stop by asking when we will be open. I spent money on a system that I do not have, and am now facing an opening without a cash register at all. I am not please with this company. I am worried that if I ever do get my system and have a tech issue I am going to get the same run around.

Pros

Wouldn't know any since I do not have my system. Always get promised one thing and never follows through

Cons

Too many to list. Mainly poor customer service. Would love to have my system, but it seems they don't know how to ship them out.

James R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Fantastic help from the Support team...

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Fantastic help from the Support team who were incredibly patient in resolving our issue. Well done and thank you all for sorting us out and getting us up and running again!

Christopher M.
Industry: Farming

Overall cost is extremely low for what you get

Reviewed on 2018/07/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like this software because you can buy it outright and own it instead of having monthly payments for the length of using it. I am going through a lot of POS softwares right now for a new store and I love how you get a complete system for sales or even hospitality side of things

Cons

To be honest in the shorter period of time I have used this I can not find much negative to say about it.. It is actually pretty solid.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this fantastic review. Our purchase options allow customers to choose a plan that suits them and their business without necessary monthly payments. I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed using one of our full solutions.

Many Thanks,

Naiomi

Casey G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

One of the customer rep was fantastic to work with

Reviewed on 2017/09/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

He was fantastic to work with. Always quick to respond, easy to work with and helped me a lot. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He was great.

Cons

The barcodes for what ever reason would not scan. I just closed the program and re opened it so it could sync and it worked perfectly.

Emiy D.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very good deal for your money, Very functional software system, Very easy to understand and train employees on

Cons

Without support ticket, long wait times to customer service at certain times of the day but they are continually working on improving this