Epos Now

An easy-to-use, adaptable point-of-sale and payment system.

Catherine

Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.

Pros

What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don’t have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons

I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

Iheanyi
  • Industry: Hospitality

A restaurant friend

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Pros

Perfect inventory controlEase of postingsA hand full of report types to analyse salesUser friendly interfaceEase of use and configuration.

Cons

Lacks the functionality to integrate to a PMS

Pierre
  • Industry: Building Materials

Very bad service

Reviewed on 2024/01/26

Pros

Nothing. At all the way they treat in every way very very bad

Cons

Very bad service and the way they try to take your money

Sheri

Customer support was non-existent

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

It was simply terrible. I probably spoke or communicated through text/support with over 12 people - not one was able to get us up and running. It was ridiculously time-consuming, very frustrating, and negatively impacted my client's trust in my agency. It was such a mistake to go with a European-based company and one that made a lot of promises they couldn't keep.

Pros

It seemed reasonably priced and fully functioned from the material and salesperson. The numbers certainly seemed to work.

Cons

We were never able to get the calendar and payment systems integrated despite dozens of calls/emails/support tickets and unkept promises. Onboarding was disastrous. They couldn't deal with the time zone differences between Europe and the US and the reps seemed to not know anything beyond the very basics of the system. So we never had the system function for us and had to cancel and go through a whole other system selection process. They don't want to take back the equipment so we're stuck with their dedicated hardware to trash.

Henry
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Epos Experience

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Pros

Easy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while

Cons

Actually it’s a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business

Perlita

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Reviewed on 2023/07/13

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

Pros

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

Cons

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Giulia
Giulia
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avoid this company!!!

Reviewed on 2021/10/19

Pros

None
I don't have anything positive to day about my experience with epos
Please read cons

Cons

I worked with epos now for over 12 months and they made me waste so much time and money. I been having issues integrating my shopify account with my epos account for over 12 months, stock level was incorrect and also the app wasnt syncing properly.
I have been having the same issue for 12 months and spoke to over 20 different staff members but still the issue hasn't been solved till today. Every phone call i had lasted between a hour to 3 hours.
Their customer service is not trained enough and absolutely clueless on what they are doing as they admitted multiple times that they didnt know how to solve the issue and were waiting for their manager response on how to move forward. What makes me even more frustrated is that in over a year time of reporting the SAME issue CONSTANTLY day by day, i never had help from any of their managers in charge. I dont understand why epos is adding extra apps on their app store when they clearly have zero control on them. To add more features you ALSO have to make sure you to add more training etc you can't offer a service that doesn't work. I really hope that i won't have to put up with this company ever again, an absolute headache. Avoid at all costs!

Richard

Cobourg yacht Club

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

The experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO

Pros

Support is great and prompt. Loved the training.

Cons

Add ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee.
The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.

Lisa

Love the software - both front end and back end

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Pros

Both front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most

Cons

customer service is lacking and that is not good in my book I had to call and e-mail many times and never felt that I received the correct support

Danielle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Very user-friendly and mobile too

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

I was simply looking for a POS system to replace a very outdated one. This worked.

Pros

It has a mobile app. It was easy to sign up for and use. Its layout is super user friendly, and getting reports is a breeze!

Cons

It tends to be a little glitchy still, and I haven't used much of their hardware. THe mobile app gave me a lot of trouble for the trial before purchasing, so if you wanted to try before buying, that might be an issue.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive and informative review of your experience with the Epos Now mobile app. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed using our set up process and in-depth reporting features.

I will be sure to pass on your reports of glitching to our technical team to look into as we hope to provide a seamless experience to all mobile, tablet and hardware users alike. Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team if ever you experience any issues.

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Marc

Run away from Epos now

Reviewed on 2023/05/01

But perhaps the worst part of my experience with Eposnow was the unexpected bills. I signed up for their service based on their promise of no hidden costs, but****** ONE YEAR after using******their system, I was hit with an unexpected bill for services I never agreed to. When I tried to reach out to their customer service team to get it sorted, I was met with the same unhelpful and unresponsive service as before. also they forced me to pay those service I never used and agreed.Sadly, I'm not the only one who has had issues with Eposnow's billing practices. A quick search online reveals countless other customers who have been hit with unexpected charges or bills long after they thought they had paid everything.Overall, I would strongly advise against using Eposnow for your business. They seem to be more interested in selling their product than providing any sort of quality service or supportRUN AWAY DONT USE VERY SLOW ALSO CAME WITH FAULTY.Ended up I had to spend another 3k to setting up other pos system.

Pros

"I had an extremely disappointing experience with Eposnow. Firstly, their customer service was incredibly unhelpful and unresponsive. I had an issue with my POS system and it took days to get any sort of response from their support team. When I finally did hear back from them, they weren't able to resolve my issue and I was left feeling frustrated and unsupported.To make matters worse, the product arrived late, long after my business's opening day. Despite the delay being entirely their fault, Eposnow didn't seem to care about the impact it had on my business. It was incredibly frustrating to have to make do without a proper point-of-sale system for several days, and it had a significant impact on my sales.

Cons

I dont have anything else to say for this company speechless

Edward

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

Reviewed on 2017/06/19

ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Erick
  • Industry: Furniture

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from Epos Now

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

Dan

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Reviewed on 2018/07/21

Pros

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mr Davis,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly.

I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you?

Many Thanks,

Naiomi

Piyush
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

By far the worst company I dealt with nomorals/ unethical selling

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

EPOS NOW is by no doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with Worse POS/ No support/ unethical selling/ hidden terms in contract/ hidden charges/ worst customer bombarding EPOS NOW unethically sold their P400 counter top terminal to me. I was rushed to make the payment for the proforma as the sales rep said the black.friday deal will be out if I don't sign up today. I never asked for Merchat services, it was included in the proforma and after I signed it I was forced to pay. I tried telling them.numerius time that u was with other Merchant service provider who are way cheaper than their 1.7%. However, as per the contract I had ended up paying 36 months charge for the terminal just to get rid of it. The I received another email saying that I have purchased a new terminal.whixb want the case. And they were forcing me.tk.use their teeminal.for taking the payment. Later they started charging me $49 +GST for payment premium saying that I have not met the terms and conditions of using the terminal. I explained them.multiple.time that I don't have their paymwnt terminal.but still till.date they are charging e payment premium. I 've been trying to.gwt my refund but I can't get hold.of their Global cases support!! And who ever pick up the phone after 40- 50 mins wait tells me that the issue is out scope and escalated. In short, these guys are unethical and definitely cheater. Please do not got for this company. Save yourself.

Pros

I did not like anything in particular nothing special, same as any other POS service in terms of system.

Cons

No support Dishonest people who do not careToo slow

Michelle

Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Pros

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Derek

Glitches

Reviewed on 2019/10/27

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The company went out of business

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Cost

Dreadful support of a non functioning system

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Dreadful and extremely costly. Possibly the worst in over 30 years of working in Epos. As a consultant advising on Epos / Accounting selections for retailers of a single store through to significant multiple site/till configurations i could never recommend such a product confidently when it fails at its its most basic level.

In very short space of time became apparent that the product did not meet its claimed functionality and was creating significant challenge for the client and a decision to halt the project at significant cost and resort to its former system.

Pros

Not Much to define it above anything else in a crowded marketplace of average solutions.

Cons

With over 30 years in the Epos industry, both supply and executive user, Brought in to effect the conversion and integration of accounting systems for existing Eposnow solution. On representation of links to Xero and with other systems integrated elsewhere to the platform in the business all attempts to link were painful. !st line support were unable to fix and any higher support was not accessible. Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem).
Then the problems really started. Transactionally the information flows to Xero were flawed and did not balance to reality. The posting of sales invoices to the accounting ledger made no reference to defined accounting structure, created spurious entries and gave no meaningful method by which reconciliation could be achieved.

Kevin

Beware of what your told and what you get

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup
not hard to use
The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense
when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow
The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy
Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own.
'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items
I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Bronwyn

Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

From what I was told this was a great system however in reality it could do only a small percentage of things on my list - such as remote access, custom templates and access to packing slips etc from another location. Then the costs started adding up... there was an additional $25 charged each month for who knows what (I was told support - but that was a joke), another $50 a month just to connect to Xero, then upwards from $25 to use custom templates - a must as their standard design is pretty bad. Support was, well a joke. We were told we had 'training'' however we could not connect with them, we had about five changes in people we were deailing with (I could never keep up) and they con't get the phone numbers to call or even business name correct. They I received a call saying training had finished and we had 'graduated' - when it had barely started and still having a long list of questions. And then their anytime support.... having been locked out and it stating log-in to get support which obviously wasn't at all helpful, I tried to call a few times and couldn't get through so messaged their live support... and was told it was not their problem - not their problem? Who's problem was it then? . Having vented my frustration I was esculated to a supervisor who was great to start, but three weeks later I am still waiting for answers to a number of questions sent, let alone actual replies.

Pros

Seemed at first glance to be value for money, great support and was told would do everything on my list.

Cons

Things we were told it could do we were unable to find, would on occasion log me out and not allow myself or anybody else back in thereafter.

Kevin
  • Industry: Food Production

Almost there

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.

Pros

The ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.

Cons

I had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.

Brett

Good product, poor integration with EFTPOS and MYOB

Reviewed on 2023/09/15

Continual dealings with the support team to sort out the MYPB integration issues.

Pros

Relatively easy to administer, add products, customers, good reports.

Cons

Poor integration with MYOB, we have had no end of problems getting sales transactions to transfer into MYOB, missing transactions for no reason. Have had to deal with the support team many, many times, this is an ongoing problem. Also the system does not integrate with the New Zealand EFTPOS system, VERY dissppointed to find this out despite purchasing the EFTPOS app. After many months, there is still no integration. For this reason i do not reccommend it at all to NZ users.

Paco

What a shamble!

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Im pretty sure all those positive reviews are not genuine because time and time again support proven how bad they are at their job. Even when you go to their forum you can see how many bad reviews and im also sure this review wont be even read of publish by anyone at eposnow.
Let me start from the beginning: Back in June i was looking to upgrade the till system and came acros eposnow and what i could see it was all very impressive. Once I paid up and got the hardware, the sales guy disappeared. Tried many times to email and call with no result, so much so i though the company went bust or even that i got scammed. After about one month i managed to have a reply from our sales representative apologizing but he was off sick. Fair enough but, what about passing on your contact to a colleague?? Then finally we started training and setting up but, because we lost so much precious time i asked for extra hand to input the menu as the eat out to help out scheme was coming up and I wanted to make the most of a new till. They charged me £ 500, yes, £ 500 to put our menu in the system and, to be fair, a child would have done a better job than them. So many spelling mistakes so many items with not even space between words, vat rate completely wrong and overall a really poor job that, i would have been better of doing myself and save £ 500!
Then it came the time to try out the till and watched in horror in the till keep crashing and not able to sustain an internet connection. Then again,

Pros

Product its easy to use but the lack of support or the ability to work when wifi signal drops really let this product down

Cons

Support, support and support. Also their software is not great and very often slow down

Mala
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

EPOSNOW software review

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Getting a new till system installed is simple abd a good experience when setting up a new part of the business.

Pros

The till at the forefront for staff is easy to use

Cons

It is not easy to run reports and set up products especially when cost prices and sale prices can change. The stock take functionality is also not the easiest to use and monitor from a staff and management perspective

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mala.

Thank you for leaving a business review.

It's great to hear that you have found our system easy to use as this is a key design feature of our solutions.

We rely on customer feedback to help us build future propositions for our customers and would like to learn more about your feedback regarding the stock taking and reports. If you are willing please can you email us more detail to [email protected]

Kind Regards
James

• Industry: Accounting

Poor Inventory Management System

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Not so simple to implement, the Quickbooks connect apps does un-acceptable updates. So we have to reverse the process and disconnect.

Pros

Technical support staff is great. They are alway happy to helop and solve your problems with the implementation.

Cons

Inventory Mangement and costing system. It does not support different methods of costing in compliance with GAAP (FIFO , average.. ect. ) what it does is -it cost your inventory base on your latest cost input. Can't do average or compute for cost like we use to do in every purchase where we need to add unit price plus shipping and other incidental costs. It takes the PO unit price.

Response from Epos Now

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you would not recommend Eposnow and have experienced problems.

It's difficult to provide accurate responses without knowing further information, however regarding issues such as app updating unfortunately this is out of our control as these are third party apps.

If you would like to further discuss the issues you have faced please do contact us.

Kind regards