TrialWorks

Legal case & document management for litigation practices

• Industry: Higher Education

Powerful Tool; Seamless Integration

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

TrialWorks enables us to organize and manage our cases in a systematic fashion, while also customizing each case's layout as needed. We love using this program.

Pros

TrialWorks works seamlessly with Microsoft Outlook. One of the most important features for us is recording emails relating to a case. It is SO easy to file email correspondence into TrialWorks. It has proven to be extremely helpful.

Cons

We have been very satisfied with TrialWorks. If I had to change anything, however, I would make the Billing section/tool more user-friendly.

David R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Trialworks: What else do you need?

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Since initially implementing the TrialWorks software in my PI practice, I have literally saved myself hundreds if not thousands of hours in paperwork and organization, and thousands of dollars in time and staff. FIrst of all, the support is stellar. You simply call and/or go through the online portal, and in minutes you have someone on the computer who is fixing the problem or addressing your question. Everyone who responds to your inquiry is qualified and knowledgeable in the software and I have never had a situation where they were NOT able to resolve my issue or question within minutes. Seriously....it's that good. Since the software is primarily geared toward a personal injury practice, and with the constant tweaking of the interface based upon user feedback, it pretty much covers most of everything I need in my practice. Scanning of documents into the interface is easy and organized. Moving emails and documents into files is a breeze. The integration with Outlook, Quickbooks, MS Office, MedQuest, and others makes the program incredibly useful in that you barely need to use any other interface during your entire day. Everything can be accessed through TrialWorks. After decades of using the product, I could NEVER go back to simply using desktop folders and Windows for file management. TrialWOrks has made my office practically paperless, and I am very close to being completely paperless. The good news is that you can be as paperless, or papered, as you deem necessary. TrialWorks is light years ahead of the basic organization capabilities of a desktop manager, and with their Cloud-based option, it is now feasible for ANY size firm or budget. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The ease of retrieving information and putting information into the interface via Outlook, scanning, etc. Also, the Reminders and Tickler system is a lifesaver.

Cons

I'm pretty sure that without a major tutorial and some real time spent on it, I am not getting the most out of the program as I could be. Also, I would love to see a more robust and extensive mobile/tablet application interface.

Overall a good program

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

1. saving e-mails to cases
2. global address book
3. sending internal hyperlinks of draft documents to team members. I love that we can all work off the same document so we don't have multiple different versions

Cons

when you a docket enter to the calendar the program added the e-mail addresses of every team member and their initials. IT's a small pain to have to review the invitation line to remove duplicates.

Nathaniel F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Practice changing, wonderful, and powerful TrialWorks.

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I was introduced to TrialWorks at a 360 Advocacy conference in Denver. I sensed in a heartbeat, this was precisely what I had been looking for to assist in evolution into the Cloud and law practice future. It is the singularly best technology move we have made in all years of practice. I have recommended this case management system to many colleagues since then, and continue with a heartfelt and comfortable enthusiasm to this date. MEGA Team at TrialWorks, there to assist whenever something is needed, and excellent growth tutorial blasts from them along the way. Simply outstanding!

Pros

The dependability and ease of use is remarkable. The breadth, depth, appreciation of what it takes to manage and drive a case smoothly over months into years, with many folks to communicate, many things to accomplish correctly and on time, and that same appreciation for the critical reality that time is finite, makes this case management stand well above all others we reviewed. Five years into it we are still learning new tricks, new wonderful shortcuts .... and the only limiter is ourselves. We simply love TrialWorks!

Cons

That we underutilize the system, simply due to having other things occupying our lives .... like balance, and home life, and other things TrialWorks does not do .... making good coffee, as just one example.

Candace D.

Great Case Mgmt system for Solo Practitioner

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I am a solo practitioner. I have 30 years of experience in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury litigation. Trial Works gives me everything I need to streamline my handling of files from the initial case evaluation through trial. I can access all my client files through remote access from anywhere. I work from home, the lake cabin, and have even logged in from a ice house! It truly helps me be efficient and in touch with my practice.

Pros

My staff can get so much done by utilizing the forms I set up rather than reinventing the wheel every time. The Contacts section saves all of us time.

Simone F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Couldn't get along without it!

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I started a new law firm in 2014. Having never used a case management software tool, I was astounded by what Trialworks could do for us! Everyone at Trialworks has been helpful and attentive since Day One. I highly recommend to anyone who desires an organized, paperless office.

Pros

Organization and search capabilities.

Cons

It's a little "clunky" at first.

Karen C.

TRIALWORKS is GREAT

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

We have been a customer of TRIALWORKS almost from the inception of this company. We have always received the best customer service and updated on a regular basis.

Pros

There are constantly changing to keep the system running smoothly with all the requirements changes within the internet.

Laurence D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Unacceptable interruptions in service leaves us in crisis

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

Having all client data (theoretically) in one place

Cons

Unacceptable service interruptions that have now lasted an entire week, for software that is designed to be mission critical. For an attorney doing trial work or on the road this is a disaster waiting to happen. Their web hosting structure is apparently fragile, and we've had multiple interruptions. The latest is the last straw, as it's persisted for days. We essentially wasted a lot of staff time scanning and training for a system that we'll now have to replace.

Detra F.

Training Issues

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Wish you would do some video tutorials. I feel that it is a little unfair to charge a paying customer for training, or you should at least offer a certain amount of training free each year.

Pros

Very useful in managing Case load

Cons

Training costs extra

Jennifer R.

Great Tech Support!

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Overall TrialWorks has been a great help to our firm. We are able to keep clients' files better organized and easily accessible. I am disappointed in the App, I hope this gets fixed/improved in the future because it could be really beneficial. The Tech support is outstanding! With the issues we have had, it takes just a few minutes for the support to fix. This is probably TW best feature!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to learn. The workers' comp feature that was added this year is very helpful. Tech support!

Cons

The application for phone and tablets.

David G.

The best Case Management program

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I've been using Trialworks for some 25 years, ever since I shopped all of the available case management programs. It is, by far, the most straightforward, user-friendly and efficient one in the market place. Your staff will transition to it within a day; you'll never look back.

Aaron C.

Love the Product

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

We have been using TW's for over 5 years now and it is the tool we depend on. If anyone is looking for case management software we highly recommend Trialworks!

AMC

Victoria E.

One of the Easiest CaseManagement Programs out there

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

One of the best Case Management systems, easy to use, if you like access databases and their customer service person is very helpful. glad to have purchased it.

Diane D.

Case Management Attorney

Reviewed on 2016/07/14

The learning curve for this product was steep, but once the basic functionality was understood, it applied throughout the application making each step much easier. Customer support has been outstanding from the sales process through implementation through support ... we've never been left waiting for answers.

Pros

What I like best about TW is its flexibility to integrate seamlessly with other applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. It has strong report-writing capabilities, and allows you to leverage Excel and Word to create dynamic reports that are fully customizable. This has made the data that we are collecting on a daily basis to be very useful for both paralegals and attorneys. While the day-to-day management of case information is critical, the breadth of data we now have insight into is equally critical from a business perspective.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like we have to input data multiple times, which can feel duplicative. For example, if I want to tag someone as an expert, the contact information must first appear on the Contact Tab, and then I can link it through the Expert Tab. Similarly, if I'm entering certain critical dates through the Docket Tab, I have to make sure they are entered first through Important Dates rather than through the Docket Tab; otherwise, I have to enter them again.

Response from TrialWorks

Good Advice Diane. Thank you!

• Industry: Legal Services

Easy to use and designed well

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Overall we are all happy with TW.

Pros

Tons of options and tabs. There's a lot more you can do on TW than I even know about.

Cons

I wish some search and upload functions were easier.

David P.

Superlative software

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I have been using Trialworks ever since it was a DOS program. While there are many other software companies out there, I have never found them to be as powerful and useful as Trialworks. It is very adaptable to my Social Security practice. But it was vital when I had a Personal Injury practice and also a workers compensation practice. The key is to get it set up correctly and then use it as intended. Support for Trialworks is very good. The renewal of the licenses is significantly less than other software. I also appreciate the innovation of the staff at Trialworks to keep it a much better product than it's competitors.

Pros

The power. You have everything within a couple clicks. I have set up about 1500 templates that cut administrative time significantly. The Dashboard is phenomenal. I can look at key factors of my business, including cost containment, important dates at a glance. It works well with Outlook and Adobe Pro.

Cons

There is a learning curve to understand the software. I wish the IOS program was much more powerful and useful. I wish the intake wizard was more friendly and adaptable.

Alex N.

Best Value for Money in the Market

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I wish I would have integrated trial works much earlier. It makes things so much easier. We have developed many different types of templates and this has improved productivity for everyone. Anyone not using Trialworks should start now!

Pros

Templates

Cons

About 1x per week when I go to contacts I have to go and "Reset Grid Layouts" because the columns are spread 20 inches apart from eachother. This is a waste of time for me and my entire staff to do over and over again. Time is money in my business. This is an easy software glitch that has not been addressed and I have personally complained about this as I am sure many others have as well.

The other complaint is that there is no option in the template to create a pulldown or to list options for people to chose from, it is either an "Insert" or "Fill in the Blank." I used to use SAGA at my old firm and the templates had tons of pulldowns. This would enable us to create "Bill of Particulars" using Trialworks instead of doing it manually. Effectively making us more productive and saving time. Remember time is money.

Ricky G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

TrialWORKS does WORK well with our office

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Our firm has used TrialWorks for over 15 years! It has been a great case management system for our firm. We have grown together with the software as our needs continue to grow and evolve. Our experience with TrialWorks has been a very positive one and I would highly recommend this product to both small and large firms.

Pros

It being user friendly is what I like the most about this software. Over the years, training and implementing this software to new hires has been extremely easy.

Cons

The one thing I like least is that it is still on Microsoft Access platform. I would like to see a move to a web-based platform that will make it available online without the need for cloud services.

Deborah C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Best legal software ever!

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

We use this product all day everyday. I cannot imagine our office without Trial works/Needles. The support is the best support of any company I have ever dealt with. They keep their employees. Their employees are well-trained. We have had this product since 2007 and I cannot think of one thing I don't like about the product.

Pros

It works. I love the support. The employees appear to love their job. I love that the company is willing to listen to us.

Cons

No cons. We have no complaints, never have. I wish they would post photos of their staff on their website.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great Product & Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Trial Works is a wonderful product, especially for a plaintiff's personal injury practice (though it can be used for any type of practice). It is feature rich, customizable, and powerful. We tried a number of different case management solutions before choosing Trial Works and are glad we did. The best part is the customer service. They are very responsive, US based, and always there with answers/help for any issue. I only have two wishes: 1. that the platform could be a bit easier on the eyes, and 2. re-organizing documents within files (moving around documents in the same tab) could be a bit easier. With that said, Trial Works is still user friendly, organized logically, and it is the closest thing to a perfect case management solution that I have seen.

Pros

powerful, feature rich, and customizable

Cons

could be a little easier on the eyes, organizing-rearranging documents within tabs could be easier

Petimat S.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Office Manager

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

The most easiest program to run the office . The way it generates the reports and includes all necessary tools such as docket assignment, time keeping, calendar and much more .
If there is any company out where looking for perfect program for their office believe me this is it !!! What a tech support in the minute they access to you computer and resolve any problem from simply stupid one to reinstalling the program if its necessary

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

DON'T RECALL ANY

Denise A.

Trialworks Does What It Needs to do

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Overall it is a very good product. I would like to see a workflow with documents generated automatically attached to the workflow and I would like to see a way to have a document generate doctors names and dates of service and billing amount automatically. This would have to be done in the code and would greatly help personal injury firms do the medical specials letters/demands. There is no way to code the doctors information in a document at this time.

Pros

Cons

There is no workflow with attached documentation.
There is no way to code doctors names and details in a document.

Bill A.

Trialworks Solved our Case Management Problems

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

We tried demos of 9 different case management software programs from 2000 to 2004 and finally found Trialworks. The team at Trialworks was very responsive to our needs and concerns. We started using Trialworks in June 2004 and have never looked back. Their team is responsive to suggestions for improvements and concerns about problems. We highly recommend Trialworks.

Tonia C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reliability is the key...

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I am an independent contractor, and as such, it was difficult to switch from product to product to support the needs of my company's varied clientele. That's where TrialWorks stepped in and provided a solution, one which our clients have welcomed as compared to their previous onsite solutions. TrialWorks has provided solutions to over 90% of each client's need. The common request from each was to implement a program which provided reliability, as well as ease of use. Our investment in the hosted solution has thrilled our clients and made my job easier.

Pros

Reliability, ease of use and app

Cons

Customization limitations

Howard S.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

My firm has used TrialWorks since our founding 17 1/2 years ago. TrialWorks has been instrumental in our growth.

Pros

Relational database and ease of use.

Cons

Program "looks old." Not easy to modify.