Indeed

4,5 (7 325)
Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

(7 325)

Tikisha
Tikisha
  • Industry: Banking

Indeed Simplifies the job hunt

Reviewed on 2021/12/23

Overall, I feel Indeed was a great start up for me. I’ve landed a lot of great jobs on indeed & I would definitely recommend Indeed to any person that’s starting their career for entry level positions

Pros

What I like most about indeed is how it’s categorized for occupations & all the filters they offer when the job search activity. The resume build is really unique as well on how they save it to your profile & when you apply you can make any changes to it constantly, as well as choose if you want to omit any personal content information for each job.

Cons

We’ll unfortunately, I did not find Indeed was very help as my work history began to build over the years which brought me to the conclusion that this site is good for finding entry level jobs & supplemental income.

Tiffany
Tiffany
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Different from the other big job boards

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

Overall, now that I have a solid foundation and recruiting process, I really like the candidate diversity it has provided.

Pros

Indeed is so different from any of the other big job boards out there in terms of candidate pool and sourcing experience, though the job posting / application review is pretty standard. Indeed used to offer a pay-per-view of contact information for $1 per view. However, they have moved to a subscription based system, which might be more challenging for individual recruiters, but as an agency recruiter I prefer it. The dashboard is not fancy or bright, it is bare and basic, which makes it more user friendly and readable for seasoned recruiters.

Cons

The basic nature of the dashboard is potential a con as well. New recruiters who rely on call-to-action buttons and ATS integration for candidate management might struggle at first, to my knowledge Indeed is not integrated into any of the ATS I've used, so remembering to search for a pre-existing candidate record and manual resume parsing is required. Indeed also provides an "@indeedmail" email address for every candidate, and tends to populate it's Indeed formatted resume over the candidate's original, so often times their direct email is not provided.

Haley
  • Industry: Automotive

Indeed Review

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

I have a very successful hiring experience using this application.

I have a very successful hiring experience using this application.

Pros

The fact that you can find candidates that fit the position you have available.

Cons

I did not find anything I did not like so far.

George
  • Industry: Automotive

Indeed recruiting

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Pros

For the first time I was pleased by this site. The resume is easy to create, and the jobs were matched with my profile.

Cons

Quickly I realized that the jobs are random with my profile. The feedback from employer was inexistent.

Justin
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use job hunting

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

Pros

I like that it's a comprehensive look at jobs available in the area.

Cons

I wish that it did more to filter by salary. There are broad ranges, but often jobs I'm interested in don't post that information.

Katherine

Indeed Review

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Overall I think indeed is helpful but has areas for improvement.

Overall I think indeed is helpful but has areas for improvement.

Pros

Indeed makes it easy to keep track of applicants.

Cons

A lot of people on indeed set up interviews but never show up.

Shelby
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Indeed is a lifesaver

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Indeed has helped me find capable and reliable employees over the years. Indeed has made hiring much easier.

Pros

easy to use and track candidates, easy to connect with people who are interested in employment.

Cons

the only think I would change if possible would be the cost, for a small business it can add up quickly.

HAFIZ USMAN
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Platform for job hunt

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

I am happy with the indeed platform, how ever improvements needed for search results.

Pros

The profile of a candidate is presented well.

Cons

The search results are not always related.

Mayank
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Indeed review

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Pros

Indeed.com is how we fill positions for IT clients, including managers, developers, and other roles. We post all of our openings and use the tools for searching applicants.

Cons

They perform a dismal job of filtering out suppliers that abuse the website and publish phony resumes that are repeated under several names and addresses. Even after years of reporting them, those profiles still exist.

Elronno
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Job search

Reviewed on 2024/01/19

Indeed overall has gotten me jobs back to back with ease

Indeed overall has gotten me jobs back to back with ease

Pros

Honestly it does wats it’s supposed to do

Cons

No cons at all. It works for me and my family

German
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Indeed, the main candidate source

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate.
Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

We were not getting the response we were expecting.

CareerBuilder

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

The numbers showed that Indeed would be the most reliable option to maintain a good influx of candidates.
  • Used for 2+ years

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Pros

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Cons

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

LinkedIn Jobs and Workplace from Meta

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Indeed is the most widely used. Anyone posting or searching for a job on LinkedIn, is also posting or searching on Indeed. It's the most comprehensive source for employers and candidates.
Paige
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My favorite job search software!

Reviewed on 2021/05/17

I've had nothing but good experiences with indeed, I've actually gotten hired with two different companies through the app and after you get hired you are able to put that on your profile that you are hired somewhere and basically off the market. For me it's just always been very easy to use and I've never had to question what I was doing in our when I was looking at!

Pros

I love the ease of use of indeed, it's never been difficult for me to navigate throughout the app or the website. I've never had to question what employers I have already applied to and which ones meet my specific qualifications. I especially love the little markers for each job application that say whether it is filling up quickly or if there is a lot of applicants who are applying, there's just a lot of information that's given and it really makes it easy to never doubt what is right in front of me!

Cons

To be honest I don't think I've ever had any problems with indeed. I have used it for years and I have always used it to keep my resume and it has since been very easy to update and keep track of places that I have applied to, places I've worked at, how long I've worked somewhere and the messaging feature is sort of new but that is also a nice touch that they added so that instead of having an email back and forth you are able to converse right in the app!

pawan

"Indeed: The Ultimate Job Search Platform"

Reviewed on 2023/01/23

My overall experience with Indeed is good. I've been able to post jobs and find jobs with ease, and the Business Development team has a 92% positive review rate. I'm able to find quality candidates quickly and the filters help me narrow down my search. I can also get help from Indeed's internal team if I'm having trouble creating my job ads.

Pros

One of the biggest advantages of Indeed is its ease of use. The website has a simple and intuitive layout, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. Additionally, the platform offers a wide range of job listings from various industries, making it a one-stop-shop for job seekers. Another advantage is its advanced search capabilities, which allow users to filter job listings by location, salary, company, and more, making it easy to find the perfect job for their qualifications and preferences. Furthermore, Indeed allows users to upload and manage their resumes, making it easy for potential employers to view and contact them. Users can also set up alerts for new job listings that match their criteria, ensuring they don't miss any relevant opportunities. Additionally, the Indeed app allows users to access job listings and manage their job search on the go.

Cons

One of the least liked aspects of the Indeed job search portal is the sheer number of tests employers often require potential candidates to take after they apply for a job. Additionally, there can be a lot of spam and outdated job postings, making it difficult to find relevant opportunities.

Glassdoor

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We chose Indeed over the alternative products because it had the most comprehensive search engine and offered the best value for money. Indeed also had the most user-friendly platform and offers virtual interviews on the platform. It is also the most visited job board in the US, making it a great option for employers who want to reach the widest possible audience. Additionally, Indeed offers free job postings and the ability to sponsor posts for additional visibility.
Danish Azmat
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Brilliant platform for Employers & Job-hunters.

Reviewed on 2022/01/22

It is really helpful for job hunters in finding their jobs & employers for hiring the best talent for their vacant positions. I have attained my latest job with the help of indeed just you need to make your profile & your preference what job you are looking for. It gives you notifications by email. My overall experience is fabulous with the software.

Pros

Its simple yet effective interface is great that really makes the whole experience of job hunting made easy. Particularly like the features that update you either your application is being reviewed by employers or ask you what time suits you for interview & your job preferences.

Cons

All & all it is great to use this tool however the only thing that I find tiresome is that despite building a profile & uploading your CV on the software you have to create your account all over again whenever you are redirected to employer website.

Andres
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Useful tool, bad customer support, tricky pricing

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Indeed is used by recruiters to build a candidates pipeline. The overall quality of applicants is way lower than the one from other job boards, however, the amount is higher.

Pros

It is the most visited job board in the US.

Cons

Customer support disappears when it comes to pricing inquiries

JazzHR, Apploi and Monster+

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Indeed is more visited

JobDiva

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

It is a more known tool and we thought it would have better customer support
Navia
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Will you Indeed get a job ?

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Overall I have enjoyed Indeed but I still feel as though applications I have submitted were stuck in limbo. Indeed is usually my last option behind Linkedin and ZipRecruiter. The interface is very user friendly, so it is very easy for me to scroll through current job openings with ease. I would recommend this to someone who is very open about what jobs he/she wants and not so much stuck on one specific field. Also I think it is great for those who want a job but not sure what job as Indeed is great with showing a variety of different job postings within your area.

Pros

Indeed's website functionality is one of my favorite aspects that this software has to offer. Everything you need to apply to the job(s) of your choosing is just one click away. I also love how recruiters can find you without you doing any of the leg work. I actually got one of my favorite jobs this way and all I had to do was have an updated resume on my account. The criteria you have to fill out to find what you are looking for is as easy as 1-2-3.

Cons

One of my biggest dislikes about Indeed is sometimes you have to be very specific with your keywords or the website will pretty much show you every job within a 25 mile radius that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of keywords you have supplies. For example if you type in "school secretary" Indeed will still show results that are similar such as "Dental office secretary" but not even in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Even if there is only one "school secretary" position located in my zip code and radius preference, I prefer that over continuously scrolling through secretary positions and never coming across what I am actually looking for.

Ikiera
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Indeed experience

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

I love using the site. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, not hard to use at all. I love the extra details it gives me when it lets me know if a job listing is hiring multiple candidates or just one and if they're urgently hiring or not. I also love that I can quickly apply to jobs, and it lets me know if I have all the skills for a position or if I'm missing a few qualifications so overall I love the site.

Pros

I love how they implemented a new way of adding to your resume. I love how I can pick all of the skills I have to add to my experience with the click of a button. I don't have to use specific words when searching for jobs. I love how they have job fairs, hiring events, apply today start tomorrow job postings. Some employers like staffing agencies even leave a direct number to contact them which I also love and it tells me the employers response rate to applicants and how many people applied to the position which is a first for a job search engine. Huge plus! I love that it tells me if the job is seasonal/temp or full/part time. I love how they send off my completed tests from the companies that recommend a test after application submission.

Cons

The resume builder is a hassle at first but understandable why it's extensive. I don't like how they have way too many listings for minimum wage and it sometimes shows me job listings in other areas/states that are nowhere near me and some job postings are scams. I think their job postings that have no ratings should be vetted on legitimacy a bit more as well just to lessen the risk of getting scammed. I hate taking the tests after submitting an application

Chris
  • Industry: Publishing

Does Indeed work for people looking for work?

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

I think Indeed bought advertising on national media with a promise from the ad agency that said we will create a news story about a job shortage, so people will apply to everything. This works to brand Indeed as the go to source for applications, but it has not been a good hiring tool nor a good resource for finding work. Maybe it's because the algorithm is only set up for certain words, though I posted a job request before when I was looking to hire, and I don't remember the parameters being that specific. All in all, this is an easy software to use from both a business hiring perspective and a job application perspective, but it fails to provide a good match for people looking for work. I wish they could get it right because in theory, it should be a great tool. In practice though, a 1% response rate for people ready to work is ridiculous.

Pros

This software makes it easy to upload your resume and apply for jobs. It even offers to match you with jobs you qualify for. The sort and filter features are general, so any applicant has to wade through a ton of listings to find a match, and often the listings are duplicated, meaning you see the same ones on page after page, with new listings mixed in.

Cons

Because it's so easy to submit applications, employers are inundated with a ton of resumes. That doesn't bother me, but it makes it harder for them to respond to applicants, and creates a situation where it feels like the employer just doesn't care. I literally submitted over one hundred applications for jobs I'm qualified to do, and got one response. One. And that wasn't even an interview, that was just an email response that said thanks for applying.

William
William
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Pros

Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented.

Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is easy because links are provided with each job post which enables you to apply directly via Indeed, or direct you to the employer's careers page on their website.

In addition to job postings, Indeed has a large portfolio of career-related resources which help you to prepare for and execute your job search. There are helpful articles about resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other job search topics.

Another key element of the service Indeed provides is for employers. Indeed makes it easy to post an open position and provides employers with guidance on how to create effective job postings. The information employers receive about online applicants enables employers to quickly screen candidates and narrow their search to the best qualified.

Our organization has used Indeed on many occasions and defer to it for our hiring and recruitment requirements.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Alastair
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used for 1-5 months

The go-to recruitment solution for both employers and employees, but barebones

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Indeed is a simple recruitment solution - it is very useful for 'fire and forget' applications and excels in its sheer amount of jobs available, and its ease of use in posting multiple jobs in a short time. It is not in depth and thus other solutions would be advisable if looking for more specialist candidates, but for high volume job posting and applications, Indeed can be recommended.

Pros

Indeed is possible the go-to site for both job seekers and employers, and seems to have the widest array of jobs available out of all of the major job sites.

What I like about Indeed is its extremely simple user interface and colour scheme. There is no confusion in what you are doing on the site (either as a candidate or employer) as everything is laid out so simply and intuitively. In terms of simple user interfaces, it has to be one of the best and easiest to use. No extras, no unnecessary additions, just a simple UI that anybody should be able to use the minute they visit the site.

In terms of employers, I also like that Indeed offers you screening questions to add to your job posting. You can add questions very quickly to your job ad outlining any additional requirements or optional information from candidates, which can be set up very easily and will vastly help screen candidates.

Cons

What I don't like about Indeed is its weak applicant tracking. With other solutions, far more in-depth applicant tracking and candidate management is offered, whereas Indeed doesn't particularly offer this. While it excels in terms of job posting and job applications, the middle communication needed between employers and candidates needs improvement, and Indeed doesn't particularly give you the tools you need to do this. While it does offer a simple messaging system between employer and candidate, it is barebones and suffers by comparison.

Communication for candidates as well is lacking on Indeed. While it does confirm job applications and rejections by email, it does not offer the ability to give candidates updates on whether their application was viewed, where they are at in the interview stages and any potential offers/negotiations - Indeed does not provide this. Although recently, they have taken steps to improve communication during the application stage - this includes number of other candidates, whether the job is urgently required and whether there are multiple jobs available on the same posting.

Alicia

Very Helpful Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It was okay, I am happy with the end result, it was the process of getting there that could have been simplified.

Pros

What I liked most about this was that I could send questions to the applicant and if they could not answer those questions, then they would not be considered as an applicant. For the role we were hiring for, it was imperative that each candidate met that criteria, we did not want to waste our time or theirs skimming through all those pointless applications. If you dont meet our needs, you are not considered.

Cons

The only thing I did not like and it was actually a BIG DISLIKE is that I was only able to send just one aptitude test - just one!!!! That was extremely frustrating considering we needed to thoroughly pre-screen before bringing people in to interview. Because of this, we wasted so much of our time with people coming in to interview who truly were not a credible candidate. Most would lie on their resumes, or the questions we sent. So sending a test would help us to see if they met even the smallest of requirements. If we felt they cheated the test or were nervous and just tested poorly, we could not offer them a second chance to redeem themselves or allow us to further evaluate the candidates capabilities. We would have to bring them in and waste all of our time. One Indeed Rep reccommended we purchase a software that allowed us to do those types of extra screening! Seriously? This is literally what you pride yourself on and you are telling me to go elsewhere for that service. I am/was dumbfounded that Indeed was lacking in that department, but not even by a little but A LOT! We were able to eventually hire someone but we had to go through so many under qualified candidates first. I honestly cannot say if we will use Indeed again because of this very thing. If we have to go elsewhere and pay for it, then why even consider Indeed again?

suryanshi
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Being Recruiter

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Overall experience with Indeed was awesome. As I have used it in my last organisation thoroughly and in present one a bit. But the most helpful thing was it's job posting. You just need to post a job with your unique job description along with the location and specification, then put your email id and boom you will start getting the applications on your email once your job gets published. It may sound like very general as we are having other tools for the same. But trust me the job applications from Indeed is far more better.

Pros

Indeed is a one of the best job board I came across for finding the relevant resumes. I am a US Recruiter but sometimes I also need to recruit for my internal hiring. I found the Indeed to be the best way of finding the profiles of the candidates, who were really interested in the job openings. Indeed provides a great platform for the one who are looking for jobs and also for them who are looking for consultants. It has many features and options to refine your search of applications and make your search more powerful. One who is looking for job can also, post their resumes and can modify their profile according to their need and requirement. It has too many options that you will definitely love. More over the Job Positing in Indeed is the best.

Cons

The only thing I would write here is, that it is bit expensive. But this is only for the employers, applicants can access their indeed profile for free of cost. There are some bugs which needs to fixed. That is it.

Katie

Lots of Features at a Reasonable Price Point

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Overall, we were very pleased with our experience hiring on Indeed. There are many features available that are found in much more expensive software solutions and it beats trying to track candidates in a spreadsheet!

Pros

Indeed makes it simple for employers to post a position - you can simply follow the prompts and your job post is live in minutes! You can choose to post the position for free or you can sponsor the posting to increase its visibility. Indeed will give you a guesstimate of the amount you should spend sponsoring the job posting to get the best results.
You are able to track the status of applications right in the candidate's profile. Since you can add multiple members of the hiring team to the employer's account, they can review candidates, request interviews and add interview notes right to the candidate account. You can create email templates for efficiency.
This is a great place to keep unified records of the recruiting and interviewing process!

Cons

I would love to see a notification/indication if a candidate has previously applied for the same role or another role within the company.
I would also like to be able to assign different posts to specific team members - for example, we had some hiring managers that did not log in regularly (or had to be prompted to do so) - but if we could assign 'Review' tasks to specific members they could potentially receive notifications for outstanding to-do's.
I would also like to see the ability to add custom statuses to an account, for example, when a request for an interview has been sent "Reviewed" doesn't indicate that the request is complete and we're waiting for a response, but "Phone Interview" implies that you've heard back and a phone interview is scheduled. Having some other options would help the Recruiter at a glance.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Get Your Dream Job

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

It has been good with Indeed because I got by First Job with the help of Indeed and this is the reason I have a soft corner for them.Sometimes I feel good when people come and talk about the good deeds or initiatives of Indeed ,or how indeed changes the life of millions of near and dear one's by helping them to get the right job.So this all matters for any employee who are working or employees who are looking for candidates to feel the position.I feel such organization should be appreciated who are contributing everyday towards mankind or make this world beautiful with a Job for every led to live his life with Pride.

Pros

What I like about the software is the Popularity it earned across the Globe about Job Opportunity.It is a unique website and very useful for individual or organization who look for New opportunity.One of the best thing about indeed is one can segregate opportunities by applying the appropriate filters to get the best result.No matter you are a organization who created positions as per their requirement or you are a individual who look for new opportunity as per your experience or background everyone would find it easily as per one's needs.It is a Platform where Organization and Opportunity Perform together for the best potential in a business.

Cons

What I least like about this software is the un-interrupted call flows which sometimes makes me annoyed and may be this experience would be for all .So I think indeed need to find a mid option where such situation should be taken care of in a more organized way . Like Time frame should be adhered very strictly , best time frame to call , or expected date ,phone lines , correct person . This website got all such options but all it needs is to implement it in organized manner to be emerged as the leader in this business.