Showing 4 937 reviews of 4 806

Indeed

Mobile applicant tracking, recruiting & job board

Showing 4 937 reviews of 4 806

Paid Version is Pointless

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop for job searchers made them the #1 job posting site quickly. But the dirty little secret is that this model isn't sustainable, and like Monster and Amazon, their first goal was to grow their user base, and then try to force paid versions onto their user base. However, unlike Monster, their product is only good because it was unique and free. There are tons of other sites that now use the aggregate scraping model and are much better programs. In addition, Google-for-Jobs has pretty much made Indeed obsolete by offering the same ability, but using the vast superior searchability of Google with an already existing Millennial user-base. The software is better, and it already syncs with google search. Regarding the paid version of Indeed, it just isn't worth it unless you recruit in large cities, you may need to use the paid version in order to not be buried quickly in their ads, but even then, the effectiveness is debatable when you can update the ad or repost it every few days. Even in larger cities, I haven't seen any quantifiable benefit of using the paid version.

Pros

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis.
The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs.
Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

Cons

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete.
Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says.
Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull.
They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Ashley M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Indeed in Childcare

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

Overall, we still use Indeed because their software is still more efficient than other similar softwares. The features are helpful. The money would be more worth the investment if our candidate pool was more geared to our field of interest.

Pros

I like that Indeed does have more features to take some of our efforts off our plate when hiring such as phone interview and assessment.

Cons

I am not fond of the cost of sponsored positions and the results of such. We spend hundred of dollars monthly when hiring (which for a small business can be a huge undertaking) and are still not receiving candidates who are meeting our requirements for candidates.

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Best recruitment service

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Nothing but positive feels with Indeed. Completely appreciated the experience and plan on using them each and every time we need to post a job. They deliver and we benefit :)

Pros

Indeed is super easy to set up, post and manage. They walk you thru the process step by step and then keep in constant communication so you are aware of activity and responses. I was able to email from multiple places, add notes, set up interviews and know everything was private until I choose to offer up details. I appreciated the ability (without pressure) to try an unsponsored post to start and add it later. Even the amount and duration was in my control. I did get a phone call, but it was so appreciated and super helpful. Again, no pressure but good suggestions as they are able to monitor and see actions I am not aware of. They helped me hire several good employees with ease!

Cons

I can't really come up with anything to change. Yes, they charge more if you want to go directly to qualified applicants instead of waiting for them to find you, but if there's a time crunch and immediate need it's super worth it. They've done the hard part so it makes sense there's a cost to use it.

Barbara M.

Indeed gives us plenty of candidates for our open positions

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall Indeed is easy to use. Easy to add my managers to. Setting up job ads is fairly simple and if I ever have any issues, my rep is quick to get back with me.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up new job openings. Throughout the past couple of years, Indeed has made many user friendly changes to make the process simplified.

Cons

I am sometimes frustrated with being charged for applicants who click on the ad who aren't remotely qualified and then being charged for that.

Sarah O.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great for both Employees and Employers!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I have landed every job with Indeed and have hired many people through the website as well! It's my go-to software for both hiring and getting hired. In my experience, this is the platform with the biggest professional following.

Pros

I have used Indeed as both an Employee and Employer. As an Employee, it's super easy and fast to apply to multiple jobs in your industry at once, and search and find jobs in your area. As an Employer, I love how all of the candidates are organized for review in one spot, making it easy to sort through many applicants. Reaching out to applicants is easy too through the messaging system.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use the Indeed mobile app as an applicant. First, it makes it confusing to apply to jobs since the app recommends other positions in the middle of your application, so you have to make sure you follow all the way through to the "Apply" button. Then, after you apply, your search resets and it takes you back to the beginning of your search results. It's definitely not as seamless or user friendly as some other mobile apps like ZipRecruiter.

Danielle A.

Our Go-To Job Board for Hires

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Other than our inconsistencies with our previous account team, our experience has been as expected. Indeed is our go-to job board that we can count on to produce a hire.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and their tracking/analytic data has improved over the years. I am extremely hands on and like to set up, pause, delete our own sponsored job campaigns which they allow you to do. Finally was able to get our jobs scraped from our ATS Greenhouse onto Indeed so we do not have to manually post jobs anymore (THANK GOODNESS!). We hire about 30% of our employees from indeed.

Cons

Customer Support/Account Managers! Worked with our previous account manager for the last 4 years. He seemed spread too thin and was never my go-to for quick responses to questions I had about our account. He would consistently send e-mails about touching base and go unresponsive after we would respond about times we were available for a call. On multiple occasions we would have a call scheduled, would log into call only to sit on the line for 10 minutes with not response back or even get a follow-up "sorry we missed each other" e-mail. About 1.5 years ago he introduced our account to his Client Success Manager and she was always my go-to for anything I needed! She was wonderful! Due to Covid-19 they have shifted accounts and we now have a new account manager who is super responsive so we are very excited to be working with someone new!

Michelle A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Indeed will take care of you!

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Pros

I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Cons

Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

German H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Indeed, the main candidate source

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate.
Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

William S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Pros

Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented.

Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is easy because links are provided with each job post which enables you to apply directly via Indeed, or direct you to the employer's careers page on their website.

In addition to job postings, Indeed has a large portfolio of career-related resources which help you to prepare for and execute your job search. There are helpful articles about resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other job search topics.

Another key element of the service Indeed provides is for employers. Indeed makes it easy to post an open position and provides employers with guidance on how to create effective job postings. The information employers receive about online applicants enables employers to quickly screen candidates and narrow their search to the best qualified.

Our organization has used Indeed on many occasions and defer to it for our hiring and recruitment requirements.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Jenna M.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good for finding local work

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been very positive. I am able to use their software to have focused searches for employment, while not being bombarded with scammers and underpaying positions. I can really appreciate that now given how wide the internet has become, and how much "fake news" and "fake jobs" are out there.

Pros

I have used Indeed countless times when I was searching for a job in my field. The ability to have a focused search on Indeed is one of the outstanding aspects of this software. Finding a job can be difficult, especially if you have a specialty and you aren't just looking for any old dish-washing job. What I like most about the software is that it focuses on quality jobs, it shows you where it is located, how to apply, and when to apply by. I think that this is essential when searching for employment. If a search option shows jobs that are unrelated or not applicable to what you have searched, then you end up wasting time as a job hunter and that can be frustrating and useless. With indeed, you know that when you are searching, you are going to get the closest answer possible. I also like that there seems to be a good filtering process for getting scams off of the website. When using several other search engines, I have noticed that their software doesn't account for jobs that aren't real, are scams, are unpaid internships, or are weird jobs where you only get paid in lunch or something like that. I know with indeed that I am using software to find myself a real and permanent position.

Cons

I do not have a huge amount of negatives. If there was a way to streamline putting in your information that would be a more helpful part of the software for me. I would also like to be able to see some background about the company directly on the website, that way I can judge for myself if they are good enough to apply to. Or maybe have people rate them or show the average pay? I am not sure, however more info to me is always best when applying for jobs. Even when I am looking for short part time work outside of my self employment I like to do this.

Iqra S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Indeed - Convenience for Job Searching

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

My Overall experience was good throughout I got a job from indeed and my friend also earlier. It is a HUb for jobs in which field you are searching or location.

Pros

Indeed is a good medium for the new applicant and as well existing one. it has a great platform to get Jobs in various fields and categories as per expectations. it has great features for intimation through email for a new vacancy. it has a good user interface, easy to access the account, and user friendly and helps, the applicant in a very efficient manner. Company reviews also available for an applicant before submitted a resume and also save resume for applying to different companies. It's best in its customization features.

Cons

No major cons found in indeed regardless sometimes it keeps sending email Lil frustrating.

Ronesha B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Indeed gets the job done by getting you the job

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

My overall experience is excellent. indeed is the place I tell people to go if they want a great job. I hardly go to other sites because indeed is number 1. I've received great jobs on indeed. If someone doesn't get a job it's not indeeds fault!

Pros

I love how you can choose to go back to jobs you visited. There were times that I was so scared Because I told myself I'll find the job later and apply because it didn't have quick apply and i couldn't find it , so that feature is handy. I also like that the resume is already available so you just press apply. It's handy that you can sort by city and state

Cons

Recently, over the past year or maybe in my eyes the past yeat because thats when I looked for at home jobs, a lot of fake scam jobs have gotten through. I think for stay at home jobs they need to make it tougher for employers to post jobs.. i think they should have it where you can temporarily change your resume. For instance, a job asked fir me to put the Salary in the resume and if I would have forgot to edit that then I could have been underpaid for a job offering more. Sometimes when I search for remote jobs it brings me jobs that aren't remote. I notice that employers mention the word remore so it pulls the job up but they may say something like the job is not remote.

Keirsten B.

Better Candidates with Indeed

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

We are getting a better result of qualified applicants for positions.

Pros

I like most that it prescreens applicants based upon criteria that I choose initially. I am no longer getting completely irrelevant candidates for positions. It is also user friendly and I am finding more candidates with Indeed resumes already uploaded into the system.

Cons

Sometimes suggested applicants do not meet the distance criteria we are looking for. We would rather not hire outside of the city as commuters face greater challenges making it to work on time in the winter here.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Overall a good app for monitoring applicants and job searching

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Overall from a seeker and Employer - Indeed is definitely worth a shot! This is a well known app for job seekers and you will be overwhelmed with the number of candidates that apply!

Pros

Seekers: I like that you can read company reviews (and also if it is posted by a current employee, former employee, etc) . This gives you a real look into the company and how happy the employees are..
Employers: It is fairly simple to post a job. A bit lengthy when creating your first one, but ease of use is great for the user.

Cons

As a job seeker - there is a :My Jobs: section. This allows you to view jobs you have saved and/or applied to... one thing Indeed could change is under "Applied for"- if you are "not selected", there should be an option to remove the job from the queue. It fills up very fast. Also, if selected to do a test- at times the app freezes up
Employer - At times, the customer service number comes back with a "fax-like" tone - also CS could be a tad more curtious. Also, there should be a mandatory email field that does not use the indeed email. At times, I could not get in touch with the applicant because of this.

Lisa D.

Couldn't Hire Withour It!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Honestly couldn't hire without out. It meets all of my hiring needs and then some.

Pros

I use this on a daily basis for my hiring needs . I'm able to post job ads quickly and easily and screen candidates efficiently. I love the resume search function. Its a great way to look for qualified candidates and get exactly what you're looking for. My account manager is also amazing and extremely supportive.

Cons

There really isn't much I dont like about Indeed. If I had to say anything, I would just say it can get costly when sponsoring job postings, but you still get what you pay for.

Very helpful in finding your next career

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

I love Indeed! It has helped me search for employers, jobs, apply for jobs in an easy format, and get call backs for interviews.

Pros

When I found out about Indeed I was hesitant as I was accustomed to other job search sites. I quickly found that Indeed was extremely beneficial to my job search. I have gotten the most call backs, interviews, and job offers I have ever received since joining Indeed. I also like the quizzes you can take to display your scores in various areas and your level of expertise in those areas.

Cons

I did not like getting emails from employers for positions I was not interested in and did not display any interest in. Also, I get a lot of emails from someone named Brittany for job offers and I have no idea who or what this is for as it does not relate to anything I did.

Bel G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Indeed For Employers

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Amazing experience with Indeed. I told my boss I don't want to use anything other than Indeed for Employers. I was hired off of Indeed, our next inside sales team was hired from Indeed, and I am currently using Indeed to recruit and build our outside sales team. It's been nothing shy of pleasant!!

Pros

This software allows me to view the status of our hiring situation at either a high level, or in depth. I love the layout and how detailed Indeed For Employers is.

Cons

When rejecting a candidate, it'd be nice to have the option of "Nonresponsive" because unfortunately for some positions this is a very valid issue. Also one time when I was out of office Indeed sent out my vacation responder to all the active candidates. I'm not sure what happened or if I could've done something differently, but that was a little weird. I had a few candidates confused.

Arron K.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Indeed

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

I will continue to use Indeed as my number 1 job search site.

Pros

I love how easy Indeed makes things. They make it so easy to apply for jobs by having a resume on Indeed so that you don't have to apply on every companies website.

Cons

I don't like how often Indeed asks you if you want to get notifications about specific jobs. I know they mean well but I don't need to be getting more emails from them.

Indeed Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

I really like that it saves your recent searches, so when you are trying to go back and continue to look for new jobs they are easy to jump back to. I am also a big fan of the mobile app, I think it is very user friendly and allows you to filter to just see new job postings. You can also easily apply to jobs if you have already input your resume information into your account. I also like that you are able to mark certain jobs if you have or are going through the interview process.

Cons

Because it is such a huge job searching website you have to know exactly what kind of job and location that you are looking for jobs. On the mobile app there is a "back" and a "home" button when scrolling through job postings that do the same thing. I think its not necessary to have both buttons. It does not cause a functionality problem, its more an aesthetics thing.

The perfect platform for new opportunities!

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Altogether, Indeed has been a highlight in my job hunting career truly connecting me to a vast amount of opportunities and keeping me in the loop with frequent notifications. Relative to competitors such as Glassdoor and LinkedIn, I highly recommend Indeed as the superior route for finding your next occupation.

Pros

I have always used Indeed as a search engine for opportunities rather than as an employer. The ease of large scale applying to various different job postings with only a few clicks is an exceptional aspect of Indeed.
Sponsored job postings to find more renowned companies, job alert email notifications, and even the resumé builder are all features that I find fabulous and truly a gift in simplifying a job hunter's task. The website UI is tremendously friendly and easy to explore, while allowing more customization aspects that anyone could imagine.

Cons

The mobile application version of the platform's UI is slightly difficult to adapt to, but that is simply because of the large options and filters offered on the site to personalize searches and find the best fit for your given needs. I would recommend creating your profile or using features such as the resumé builder primarily on the web version of the platform.

Nate J.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Apply for Jobs with a simple Click!

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

I have never had a problem finding jobs and updating my resume with Indeed. Performing a job search is easy with a simple one or two word job title or you can look for a specific business. If you find a job you're interested in you are Apply now button away from sending that company your resume. There are some times when more questions are required but they give you that information right away as well. Indeed lets you know if its a responsive employer so you know they should be reaching out to you about your application very soon. I am very happy with Indeed and will go back if I ever need to job hunt again.

Pros

Once you have your resume updated you can apply for a job with just a click. The job review is in front of you and most of the time the pay and company information is right there. You can click "Apply with your Indeed resume" and you don't have to go through multiple pages of questions or a review process to apply for a job.

Cons

With the ease of use applying the downfall is typically the number of applicants that review and apply for these job postings. If its easy to apply, many people who aren't qualified apply and may make your resume harder to find. Also it doesn't always give you a chance to help you get creative and stand out from the rest of the applicants when the only option is to quick apply.

• Industry: Research

I absolutely love this jobsearch service

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I really enjoy how simple and easy Indeed makes applying to jobs, I really appreciate their services.I am currently looking for a job and have received a few interviews already using their site!

Pros

I love that I am easily able to complete several job applications in a matter of minutes, and in JUST a simple click or two. I think this really motivates me to apply to more than just a few jobs at a time because its such a quick process that I keep going and before I know it I've applied to 30 in just 15 minutes.

Cons

What I do not like is that about 40 % of the jobs that the site displays are "Apply on site" postings which means they display a photo of the job listing that is on the door or outside of the company hiring, and they require you to apply in person vs applying online. So you have to pay attention to which ones say "apply with indeed resume"

Nicholas T.

great option in recruiting!

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

much better than some other systems out there! better quality prospects

Pros

cheaper than other tools and easy to learn. Good tracking and screening process

Cons

messaging could be easier! Sometimes the screening isn't perfect

Marta S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Practical for different things

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

I have used Indeed when I was searching for a job. Also to read opinions about some company.

Pros

With this software, you can research a job. It's helpful because is a metasearch engine consequently you can see works from multiple websites. Also, you can use different filters like type of work, location, among others. On the other hand, it has other utilities, for example, look for a company's salary based on the job, general opinions of a company (written by their workers).
Finally, I think that is intuitive and easy for use.

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con is the interface. Indeed is a well-known software and for this reason, you hope that it be useful and have a good interface. The second point doesn't comply. On my point of view, the website seems an ad page or a spam page.