ChefMod Reviews

ChefMod

Cloud-based restaurant & recipe management platform

4.8/5 (44 reviews)
Mary M.

Coastal Sunbelt Produce is Proud to Partner with ChefMod

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Coastal Sunbelt Produce has been proud to be a part of ChefMods growing success since its inception. We have worked closely together over the years with their many talented crew members as both of our businesses have expanded. We admire their dedication to their customers and vendors alike, always on the cusp of what is new in our industry. We look to a bright and successful future with the ChefMod Team.

Pros

Coastal Sunbelt has had an overall excellent experience with this software. When a problem occurred we were able to remedy the situation quickly with the Help of ChefMod team members.

Cons

Coastal Sunbelt has not experienced a major problem that was not remedied efficiently. Although no software is 100 per cent fail proof ChefMod is available to its customers and vendors for quick solutions

Response from ChefMod

Mary, these systems always help to make the process on all sides more efficient. Thank you for being such a valued supplier. ~ChefMod

Jason P.

Management Helpful

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Chefmod has been a extra helpful and simple system to reconcile invoices and keep track of the restaurant's costs and sales.

Pros

Chefmod helps to reconcile invoices at a click of button and automatically marks for you any missing items on the invoice. Also, the way the system is designed helps in a great extent to verify all the details of the different business' costs and at the same time use those numbers to compare it to your sales in a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis, assisting management to balance their cost.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Jason... soon with our new Financials feature called CrossDoc you'll be able to scan invoices into the system too... ChefMod is going paperless! Thanks again!

Matilda S.

The company that helps your buissness run smooth!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Chefmod is everything you need in one place, from logging our sales to ordering and getting the best prices it doesn't get any better then this. When ever we have any issues the customer service is the best. They get back to you right away and 99% of the time the problem is resolved on the first call. They follow up making sure everything is ok and also keep us update with any changes that might interfere with ordering any product ahead of time so we can sub with another product. I cannot see running my restaurant as accurate as we do if it wasn't for chefmod. The staff is amazing friendly and always willing to take care of any problems we may encounter.

Pros

Makes everything in the restaurant run smooth giving us the best product out there.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Matilda!

Diane G.

Back of house made easy!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I have been working with Chefmod for many years. The system has simplified my BOH operations and food ordering for my Chef so we are able to be on the floor and be a part of our diners experience. If we ever have issues with vendors, products, invoices etc.. we make one phone call to them and they take care of everything. I have been working with the Chefmod team for so long that I would be lost without them.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and very simple.

Cons

Hmmmmm... that my favorite Chefmod people don't work 24 hours.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Diane. We are expanding to other time zones so we may have to clone a few of us! Thank you for the great review!

Darvin P.

Chefmod is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

software is very user friendly, keeps track of your invoices, and reconcile them at a click.
ordering your supplies is the best, create your own list of items you order weekly and just click on them to order them. shows you what you last order so you know what should be order next time around.

Pros

ease of invoice entry, and making your orders

Cons

have not found any yet!

Response from ChefMod

Darvin, So glad that you're taking advantage of our one click invoice reconciliation. Such a simple thing saves our members thousands of hours a week!
Thank you for the great review!

Jose F.

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

Chef mod is easy to use and navigate including but not limited to their graphics and statistical information. Their reports are always detailed and spot on. Making it easy for anyone to understand the information and interpret it for their own use.
Customer support is always helpful and work in a timely fashion.

Pros

Detailed statistical reports

customer support is quick and easy

Response from ChefMod

Jose,
Strong reporting tools are important for anyone that has the responsibility to manage the numbers. We hope that you are loving the reconciliation tools as well. Thank you for the great review!
John Oldweiler
President

Wayne R.

Service at its best

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Been a Chefmod customer since 2010! Centralized all of my purchasing power and saved big bucks! Chefmod's ability to negotiate with new vendors specifically for my own QSR brand to bring in new products was absolutely #1! I recommend Chefmod to all of my restaurant buddies in NYC!! Thanks

Pros

Cons

Can't add products as end user

Response from ChefMod

Wayne, thanks to loyal members like you, we continue to grow our base which makes those deals even better! Thank you for your long time support and be sure to check out our app on iTunes and Google Play store! Be well. ~ Your friends at ChefMod.

Pete D.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

I have been using this software everyday for the past 8 years to receive thousands of orders. I can honestly say it makes my life so much easier and helps my business run more efficiently. I would recommend this software to anyone that needs to maximize their time during the work day.

Pros

The fact that it's simple to use. I was able to successfully train my staff members to use without any issues.

Cons

None come to mind

Response from ChefMod

Pete,
We are so happy that our solution can delivery more efficiency to your business. Thank you for being such a trusted supplier!

Kathy M.

EASY BREEZY

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Working with Chef Mod greatly simplifies the daily task of entering the many invoices we receive daily (and there are many!)...also, the Staff is the best when it comes to responding to questions/requests in a timely manner...thank you, Chef Mod!

Pros

It's quick and easy; very user friendly...I love that someone is always there to respond, no matter what time or what day of the week!

Cons

I'm not sure there is one...I have no problems using it, and if I do, the staff is always there to answer my question...

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much!

Edgar G.

user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

From my experience in Chefmod what it's most appreciated is that the purchasing software will satisfy all your needs. What ever it is that we order, it's what we are going to get in a simple and easy process.

Pros

Satisfies all your needs. It's very simple to place an order. It also helps you get the best prices and quality products in the market.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much!

Tim W.

The Key to Organization

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

Chefmod has become an integral part of our operation, helping us keep accurate, reliable, easily accessible records of all invoices and payments.
From expense reports to ordering, we use Chefmod as a streamline platform to consolidate many of our essential functions into one easy-to-use, highly supported program.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Tim. I'm glad that we're able to save your hours every week by streamlining your opperation. Have a great day and thanks again for the review! ~ The ChefMod Team

John M.

My Chef Mod Experience

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

My experience with Chef Mod has taught me that they are tenacious when I comes to supporting their members. They have demonstrated to me that they will go to serious lengths to deliver the right products when the members require.

Pros

Cons

We haven't really had any issues yet.

Response from ChefMod

John, it's great working with suppliers who are so committed to our member's needs. We appreciate all that you do, every day. From all of us here at ChefMod, and from our members... Thank you!

Carol L.

Overall very helpful

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

I am the chef and cannot express how great and easy it is to use chefmod when placing my orders. They make sure I get the best price and quality.

Pros

Using this software makes ordering so much easier

Response from ChefMod

Carol, we are thrilled that we are able to ensure best quality and price for your restaurant. Thank you for the great review! ~ ChefMod Team

Fanor B.

Exellent customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

It's helpful, convenient fast and operations hours are always available, the customer service assistant,reliable, when customers ask for finding new items, they are always available, they are always updating their system to make our online experience better, communication is the best,

Pros

Easy to find products on line, customer services is always available. Prices, weight, amount are always updated.

Cons

Not happy with the new staff, some representatives don't have the needed experience to help when ordering on line.

Response from ChefMod

Chef Fanor,
Our Member Services team is always a focus and as business grows we train new specialists thoroughly. Thank you for the excellent review!

Michele F.

ChefMod Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

We have formed great relationships with the customer support staff at ChefMod! They help to make our days easier!

Pros

My items are always saved so I can just go to my guide and order my most common items.

Cons

Sometimes items get locked for no reason and you have to call to gain access to them again.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michele!

Roberto S.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Compared to other programs I have used in the past this one has been the easiest to learn and very user friendly. Their Customer Service support is also very friendly and helpful!

Pros

User friendly, updated feel and look.

Response from ChefMod

Roberto, It's great to work with a company as committed to our customers as we are. Thank you for the positive review! ~ ChefMod

Petya P.

New Chefmod tools, techniques and methods you need to know!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/11

It's a whole new Chefmod, delivering a superior customer experience and provide the best products for your clients.

Pros

Quick and easy to use

Response from ChefMod

Thank you very much Petya for the perfect review! Looking forward to showing you how to go completely paperless with CrossDoc!

Patrick O.

Chef Mod Site Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Chef Mod site is very simple to use, and it makes ordering easy. I would recommend it to anyone. It takes getting used to, but once you do get used to it things are very easy.

Response from ChefMod

Patrick,
From all of us here at ChefMod, thank you for the great review!

Riccardo D.

Great Software.

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

Very useful software that has become a necessity. Prompt, professional and forward thinking support staff.

Response from ChefMod

Riccardo,
Member Services is our highest priority! Thank you for your continued support!

Jorge A.

chef on the saving

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

so far, it is ok. most the item taht i am looking for my business are there, as for my home.
it could be a little better

Pros

it is pretty good

Cons

more accurate

Response from ChefMod

Jorge, through our custom views, we have fixed up the home screen exactly how you like to see it. Thanks for your support as always!

Jason L.

Make You Job Easier

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

ChefMod is a great system to help source out the best price and quality products. You know that you are not going to catch a bad deal. The customer support is very knowledgeable.

Response from ChefMod

Jason,
There are no bad deals in ChefMod! Thanks for the great review!

Raul L.

great software, overall good time and money saver. its solves my product problems fast.

Reviewed on 2017/07/22

better and faster ordering

Pros

easy to use, it make my ordering experience fast and reliable. does not make me rush and i could place my order anytime i want.

Cons

purveyors fail sometimes to let us know on a timely manner of items they do not have in stock.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Raul for the awesome review. ChefMod is the only GPO with real time inventory updates with In-Network purveyors. This list grows every day!

7.0/10
Douglas F.

partnership with Chef Mod.

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I have been working with the Chef Mod organization for about 14 years and can say that in the 23 years I have been in food service sales I have not found a more professional ,easy to work with team than what John Oldwielder has put together here at Chef Mod. Every aspect of the organization keeps the customer's best interest first and foremost, from the ease of the order entry system to the professionalism of their customer service personnel who are always eager to assist. I highly recommend this program to any operator or multi unit chain that has the desire to take their operation up a level or two and to finally know success.

Response from ChefMod

Doug,
Thank you for the strong endorsement and your continued support for us and for our members!
~John

Michael G.

ChefMod stands well above the other systems!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Investing in the right systems for your business is important. With ChefMod you get a constantly developing software that you never need to pay for upgrades system to use "Improved Features". There are added options that go well beyond purchasing functionality and invoice reconciliation, like recipe management which helps you better control cost and shrinkage. ChefMod work because the developers are restaurateur's in addition to systems experts. ChefMod staff take an daily active roll in managing their business to support your business. No other company offers the level of service competence that ChefMod provides to it members.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michael!

Emilio F.

Chefmod Software Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

I have been a chefmod user for 10+ years. the software is very easy to use and integrates simply into multiple outlets. Member services is very responsive and helpful. We have used chefmod in multiple locations/properties with each addition being stress free and implemented easily.
the programming is very "chef" friendly and integrates well with our systems.
my personal experience with chefmod has been a very positive one.

Response from ChefMod

Emilio, Distributor integrations is where it's at! We all benefit from partners who can communicate in this way... fewer errors, fewer problems, fewer headaches! Thank you the great review!
~ChefMod Team