ChefMod

Cloud-based restaurant & recipe management platform

Kathleen M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

I use ChefMod daily to enter my sales and invoices into our system, and it's very helpful where I can find or track certain information, if needed rather quickly, which is why I refer to it often throughout the day.

Pros

This is very user friendly; I never have issues trying to navigate my way around and its functionality is great!

Cons

I'm not sure I have an answer for that; I'm happy with it!

Response from ChefMod

Kathy, Thank you for the great review! We recently invited you to our Facebook Community Group. Please join to participate in new feature reviews!
Thank you!

Jaime L.

Chefs life easier

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

This is my 8th year using ChefMod ever since I started it just keep getting better and better and it really helps with my food cost.

Pros

I like the fact that I can find anything I wish for for less price.

Cons

The fact sometimes I have to order items in advance but reasonable on certain items.

Response from ChefMod

Chef Jaime,
Thank you so much for your support for these last 8 years. You have been a great source of inspiration and support. Working with great chefs like you, encourages us to be our best every day. When we work with pros, it makes our job easier too! Thank you from all of us!

Diane G.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Back of house made easy!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/28

I have been working with Chefmod for many years. The system has simplified my BOH operations and food ordering for my Chef so we are able to be on the floor and be a part of our diners experience. If we ever have issues with vendors, products, invoices etc.. we make one phone call to them and they take care of everything. I have been working with the Chefmod team for so long that I would be lost without them.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and very simple.

Cons

Hmmmmm... that my favorite Chefmod people don't work 24 hours.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Diane. We are expanding to other time zones so we may have to clone a few of us! Thank you for the great review!

Wayne R.

Service at its best

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Been a Chefmod customer since 2010! Centralized all of my purchasing power and saved big bucks! Chefmod's ability to negotiate with new vendors specifically for my own QSR brand to bring in new products was absolutely #1! I recommend Chefmod to all of my restaurant buddies in NYC!! Thanks

Pros

Cons

Can't add products as end user

Response from ChefMod

Wayne, thanks to loyal members like you, we continue to grow our base which makes those deals even better! Thank you for your long time support and be sure to check out our app on iTunes and Google Play store! Be well. ~ Your friends at ChefMod.

Chintan P.

Nice App for Food Products

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

I enjoy working with them and they are very quick on solving issue.

Pros

The pricing and ease of ordering food through the system is easy. Its keeps a dat of regularly ordered items.

Cons

Very difficult to know about the new products that come in the market.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you for your continued support. We have ongoing discussions about how to present new products through our platform. We are working on some great initiatives for 2020 so stay tuned for that! Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Jorge A.

chef on the saving

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

so far, it is ok. most the item taht i am looking for my business are there, as for my home.
it could be a little better

Pros

it is pretty good

Cons

more accurate

Response from ChefMod

Jorge, through our custom views, we have fixed up the home screen exactly how you like to see it. Thanks for your support as always!

Michael S.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Extremely satisfied

Pros

Easy to use. Availability of representatives

Cons

Limited selections. Unsure of certain products being delivered

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Chef Michael for the terrific review!

Raul L.
  • Industry: Restaurants

great software, overall good time and money saver. its solves my product problems fast.

Reviewed on 2017/07/22

better and faster ordering

Pros

easy to use, it make my ordering experience fast and reliable. does not make me rush and i could place my order anytime i want.

Cons

purveyors fail sometimes to let us know on a timely manner of items they do not have in stock.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Raul for the awesome review. ChefMod is the only GPO with real time inventory updates with In-Network purveyors. This list grows every day!

Jose P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Chefmod the Best

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

They make their platform easy to navigate, paying & ordering from vendors has never been easier.
It's so simple to manage & organize invoices .

Pros

Chefmod is a great platform to use for day to day activities.

Cons

The software freezes/glitches with system error " ChefMod unavailble please try again". This can be inconvenient when on a time crunch.

Response from ChefMod

Jose, thank you for the amazing review!

Michael G.

ChefMod stands well above the other systems!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Investing in the right systems for your business is important. With ChefMod you get a constantly developing software that you never need to pay for upgrades system to use "Improved Features". There are added options that go well beyond purchasing functionality and invoice reconciliation, like recipe management which helps you better control cost and shrinkage. ChefMod work because the developers are restaurateur's in addition to systems experts. ChefMod staff take an daily active roll in managing their business to support your business. No other company offers the level of service competence that ChefMod provides to it members.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michael!

Alonso A.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Purchasing have never been easier before

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

We are about to implement the tool in our company

Pros

Easy to used software with excellent reports that facilities management our restaurant

Cons

We dont have any complains about the tool

Response from ChefMod

Alonzo, Thanks for the great supportive review! Our system get's easier every day! Have you tried our app? It recently had a face-lift with a whole bunch of new cool features. Let us know if you have any questions!

Maurizio R.

Chefmod is a must have for your restaurant operations!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I don't know where to start but I know I wouldn't be able to operate my restaurant efficiently without chefmod.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Maurizio. If we can do anything more to satisfy your paperless accounting integrations, please let us know. ChefMod's FINANCIALS now allows you to save photos to any living document, so you'll be able to save those images as you had asked. Have a great day and thanks again for the review! ~ The ChefMod Team

Karen J.

Simple and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

We have been using this product for several months now and find it simple and easy to use for both reporting our daily results and processing our daily invoices. My only suggestion would be an edit button for changing the coding of invoices versus the delete and re-add feature. Would make it a little more forgiving of keying errors!

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Karen!

Juan V.

Better than my buyer assistant

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

5 years working with chefmod and it has become a very helpful tool. If there is something I have to remark is their great customer service and support.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Juan!

Dave S.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

ChefMod has been wonderful, the staff I've interacted with are always polite and professional. The product we receive is always of the highest quality, and the digitizing of invoices makes accounting a breeze on our end. Overall I love it, I wish I had switched over sooner.

Pros

Ease of use with this system is what I like best about it, not to mention the money saved

Cons

Sometimes the wording on how products are named in the system doesn't make sense, but once you figure out how to search it's not a problem

Response from ChefMod

Dave, thanks for the great review! Product naming conventions are an ongoing effort. This year alone we added more than 6,000 new items to the system. Keeping track of all the manufacturer and distributor updates is a full time job. We recently implemented a formal naming convention that addresses this very topic and have begun to routinely update current items as well as to manage new ones. Thank you for the feedback and of course your ongoing support.

Matilda S.

The best ordering software

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

My experience is the greatest, the staff is always there to support you 100%. The execution of them resolving any issues is so on point, it makes my operations at the restaurant run that much smoother. They always check back to make sure you’re satisfy with products price and any inconvenience encounter during delivery.

Pros

I love this software, is easy to navigate for ordering, entering sales and invoices. I like that I can go back and find old invoices instead of calling the office to make sure they were entered.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I don’t like about it.

Response from ChefMod

Matilda,
What can I say, members like you make every day a pleasure to come to work. Thank you for your support all these years. You truly are a power user!
John

Matilda S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

The company that helps your buissness run smooth!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Chefmod is everything you need in one place, from logging our sales to ordering and getting the best prices it doesn't get any better then this. When ever we have any issues the customer service is the best. They get back to you right away and 99% of the time the problem is resolved on the first call. They follow up making sure everything is ok and also keep us update with any changes that might interfere with ordering any product ahead of time so we can sub with another product. I cannot see running my restaurant as accurate as we do if it wasn't for chefmod. The staff is amazing friendly and always willing to take care of any problems we may encounter.

Pros

Makes everything in the restaurant run smooth giving us the best product out there.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Matilda!

Michael O.

ChefMod for restaurants

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Overall savings is a great plus.
When the rep and the other manager (do not recall her name) were on staff, there was more feedback from the team that seams lacking. No one has come out to introduce themselves since in order to let us know they are the new point person.
The rep has been very helpful. Several of the staff are very responsive and able to trouble shoot. Unfortunately, a formal introduction of new management was never made.

Pros

The service personnel attempt to accommodate most situations. They are always friendly and as helpful as possible.
Being able to send orders at anytime without having to make phone calls is a great convenience and timesaver.
Once the order guides are set up it is very efficient to place orders.

Cons

The fact that there is no way to see where the products are coming from on the screen while ordering is very inconvenient. Often we do not make a minimum order and chefmod has to transfer merchandise. I would like to see where the lowest bid is coming from(or all bids for that matter) so I can ordr where it best suits my needs. Some vendors deliver early, some late - I want the knowledge of where they are coming from.

Response from ChefMod

Michael,
Thank you for your review and your kind words about our team and system strengths. More importantly, we respect the feedback on where we can improve.
Our intention is to provide the most ease when placing orders, but we do also realize that for some, having more control is important. Our developers are working on a host of features which will give you exactly the insight to suppliers and pricing that you are asking about. This will be offered in an upcoming release which I will share more with you in person.
I hope you enjoyed meeting with our Member Services Team Leader yesterday, and I look forward to reaching out to your personally to set up our next meet up!
John

Darvin P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Chefmod is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

software is very user friendly, keeps track of your invoices, and reconcile them at a click.
ordering your supplies is the best, create your own list of items you order weekly and just click on them to order them. shows you what you last order so you know what should be order next time around.

Pros

ease of invoice entry, and making your orders

Cons

have not found any yet!

Response from ChefMod

Darvin, So glad that you're taking advantage of our one click invoice reconciliation. Such a simple thing saves our members thousands of hours a week!
Thank you for the great review!

Dan D.

Happy

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

easier than ordering separately from each company

Pros

customer service is great
mostly easy to use

Cons

small inconveniences in use: i almost ALWAYS order through "order history" and wish it would automatically start me there

prices are not always cheaper, especially when fee is included

Response from ChefMod

Thanks for the review Dan! We're always looking at pricing. Operationally it's our #1 focus. Be sure to always look at the Alternatives for items. This is where you may get the most bang for the buck.

John M.

My Chef Mod Experience

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

My experience with Chef Mod has taught me that they are tenacious when I comes to supporting their members. They have demonstrated to me that they will go to serious lengths to deliver the right products when the members require.

Pros

Cons

We haven't really had any issues yet.

Response from ChefMod

John, it's great working with suppliers who are so committed to our member's needs. We appreciate all that you do, every day. From all of us here at ChefMod, and from our members... Thank you!

Fanor B.

Exellent customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

It's helpful, convenient fast and operations hours are always available, the customer service assistant,reliable, when customers ask for finding new items, they are always available, they are always updating their system to make our online experience better, communication is the best,

Pros

Easy to find products on line, customer services is always available. Prices, weight, amount are always updated.

Cons

Not happy with the new staff, some representatives don't have the needed experience to help when ordering on line.

Response from ChefMod

Chef Fanor,
Our Member Services team is always a focus and as business grows we train new specialists thoroughly. Thank you for the excellent review!

Michele F.

ChefMod Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

We have formed great relationships with the customer support staff at ChefMod! They help to make our days easier!

Pros

My items are always saved so I can just go to my guide and order my most common items.

Cons

Sometimes items get locked for no reason and you have to call to gain access to them again.

Response from ChefMod

Thank you Michele!

Roberto S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

Compared to other programs I have used in the past this one has been the easiest to learn and very user friendly. Their Customer Service support is also very friendly and helpful!

Pros

User friendly, updated feel and look.

Response from ChefMod

Roberto, It's great to work with a company as committed to our customers as we are. Thank you for the positive review! ~ ChefMod

Vispy H.

User Friendly Interface system

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

5 start to the system

Pros

Very easy to use and understanding customer facing for role. Easy to order and bifurcate. Team keep up thre good work.

Cons

few cases observation the quick book get unlinked on it own. Rest all good