Hostaway

Vacation rental software for property management companies

4,2
4,4
Justin N.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Hostaway Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Very easy to use and it is good to book rental vacations

Cons

everything is good with this software but customer service does take a while.

Jack M.

Sophisticated Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Overall, this has been a good experience. I signed up with them a year ago and periodically I do a review of the competition and new entrants to see if they stack up and so far, this is the best solution for us.

Pros

It does a lot of really great things that suit my business model perfectly. It is the best software system I could find for our budget and requirements.

My personal favourite is the webhooks and open API that I can use to build my own functions on top of.

Cons

It really needs the functionality to be able to automate the security deposit for guests. That is my one problem. I would have said the financails could be improved but they just released a major update to this and it looks great.

Finally, I'd like to see some custom reports for business metrics. I currently have to download to a .csv and manually figure things out. The overview dashboard does have a decent set of metrics, but I want to see them over time.

Roy Y.
Industry: Hospitality

Constant double bookings and horrible support

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Quick set up
Website builder

Cons

Horrible support
Constant double bookings
Give you the runaround
Show 0 empathy on money lost due to their mistakes.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rene T.
Industry: Hospitality

A great Product that listens to users...

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Hostaway saves me time and this is a really big thing.
We have a lot of moving parts in the hospitality business. The fact that there is a lot of automation possibilities in the product makes our lives a lot easier and time won can be focused on other Business Development tasks.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Clear user interface that is not complicated. The first setup is very easy and when questions arise, the helpdesk is really quick in answering.
Team is also helpful with the setup.

Most importantly, the team listens to what we, the users, are missing and will implement in fairly short time.

Cons

I do not have any real cons for Hostaway product.
Like many of the similar products it does not have all in it what we would need (Like good Owners Reporting Tool) but it is 90% of what we need to run our business.

Daniel D.
Company size: Self Employed

I love using Hostaway

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I love using Hostaway. It's not the cheapest product; however, it's nice to have all the features I want in one place instead of slapping together a few cheaper products to try to get the same result.

Pros

The thing I like most about Hostaway is the ease of use. I manage my properties while working another job, so I need automation. The automated messaging and task creation with saved checklists really saves a ton of time. My cleaner also really likes it because he can just update the cleaning tasks via the app. I really only have to answer one-off questions from guests because I'm able to seamlessly communicate everything through my automated messages.

The other great thing about Hostaway are the constant improvements and customer support. It seems there are new and improved features every month which is exciting. If there's something that could be better, it's easy to communicate with the support team and find out what I'm doing wrong or have them plan out an update. Even though the team is in a different time zone, I always get responses within 24 hours and everyone is really nice. I already love the product, but knowing that things will continually improve is what makes this product a no brainer for me to use.

Cons

The booking engine could look better. I used the WordPress plugin and don't love the overall look; however, I figured by the time guests get to that point on my website they're already very interested in booking and won't be turned off by the look.

Aleksandra Z.
Industry: Hospitality

This is what you need for your business

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Pros

I have used another channels manager before and to compare to them this is the best!
I don't have any problems with synchronisation, no overbooking, that makes my life much easier ))

As well I save lot of time on messages. Because you can use automations in Hostaway.

This software is easy to use, big advantage is app for your phone.

And I would like to mention that this team is really working hard and they always improve this software, they listen you!

You don't need 80 channels to sell your apartment. Hostaway has enough channels for max occupancy rate.

Cons

May be would be good to make an option to copy prices for another apartment (because I have 4 same apartment in the same building), so I don't need to spend my time to make prices for similar apartments.

Korneel D.

Best Channel manager software I've used

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

As I said before, me and my team are a big fan.
Functionalities are almost everything I need. The overview is very good. And I never encountered a glitch, something I appreciate a lot! Also, costumer service is really good.
Pricing could be better but is OK.

Pros

After using several other channel manager software for my 8 unit Boutique Hotel, I discovered Hostaway about 2 years ago. I truly like the integrated features for my 3 channels (Airbnb, Booking.com & own website). It gives a clear and straightforward overview of the calendar & pricing. Easy to adjust pricing by day & by channel individually.
I'm a big fan of the automated messages (set-up), as it saves us heaps of time. Also, we never encountered any issues with sending out & receiving messages (very important!). I'm a big fan.

Cons

Although, I use the mobile app several times a day, it can use some adjustments. I'ts not the best app there is in form a style and overview.
On the other hand it's relatively fast & very easy to use. And also here, it always works.

Kim O.

Top notch customer service

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Pros

We found Hostaway to be the perfect option for our property management side of the business. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond meeting with us to get us started and through the first few months of operation. Now we deal primarily with the customer service via the app, and they get back to us immediately. They will either fix the issue we're having or we dialogue and troubleshoot to fix. They are constantly working to streamline the program for property managers in terms of calendar updates, updating listings etc. We host between 20-30 properties and they've been great to work with. Highly recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are glitchy, but customer service immediately attends to the issue. It's a newer software and very inexpensive compared to its competitors so minors issues are is to be expected, but they troubleshoot and update constantly.

Jerod M.
Industry: Hospitality

Great all around product and service

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Anytime we have needed customer support the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Overall we are very satisfied.

Pros

The pricing model is my favorite. You can choose to pay a flat fee or percentage based fee. It's very simple to use on the fly from my phone, although you can't do everything that you can on a desktop. It's definitely made managing our properties a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes we see glitches in the calendars on the app. If anything I think the app could be improved.

Margo S.
Industry: Accounting

Extremely good

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

Pros

I have been user for many years and day by day its coming better

Cons

We want to sell more products for our guests at the same time they use our booking engine.

Vasilis D.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The Best Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Hostaway is an excellent channel manager. I have been using it the last 3 years between my team and has helped to organise my properties with ease! Everything is synced between all channels, prices, availabilities etc. With task manager my cleaners are all informed on when they have to visit a propertiy and all the details they have to take care. The Hostaway team is always there for me, at any question I might have and always get under consideration any feature proposal!! Overall, I would not change the Hostaway at all!! Thank you very much Hostaway team!Keep Up!

Availability Synchronisation
Price Synchronisation
Wordpress Plugin
Messages
And Many many other features

Cons

There is nothing I don't like with Hostaway. A few times I have asked for something that is not available, the Hostaway Team added it to their "To do list" and gets it done very soon!!

Breean H.

WE LOVE HOSTAWAY

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Pros

We did several demos on different PMS companies. What I learned is that everyone offers something different. Hands down, Hostaway has been the best fit for our needs and the customer service is nothing short of top-notch. Highly recommend them!!!

Cons

Every software is not going to have all your needs but Hostaway has worked with me, listened, and responded to all my needed request. I'd love to see automated smart responses and few other efficiencies added to the PMS but this company is passionate and committed to working with the client and I feel like a partner with this team rather than a customer. I'm a big fan :)

Gary F.
Industry: Hospitality

The team makes the product

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

After trying many alternative solutions on the market, we finally found Hostaway. While not perfect, it outperformers their rivals and offers a far more cost effective solution.

The best bit however, is the people behind the product. Whenever we encountered a challenge or an issue, the Hostaway team worked to solve it rapidly. What impressed me most was that during the Covid-19 issue, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on the phone, helping customers. That says it all really.

Would recommend.

Cons

Would have liked easier setup process as it required changing of all logins.

Samuel A.

One of the best Property Management Software around

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

We've had an excellent experience thus far. From the seamless integrations with all OTA channels to the free booking engine website to drive direct bookings; Hostaway has been really helpful.

Pros

We switched to the Hostaway software for a few specific reasons: to help manage our properties across multiple OTA channels and to help with guests' communication. The software has been immensely helpful in automating messages and cleaning schedules with our several cleaning staff. The free booking engine website is an additional advantage. Very few Property management software offers that for free. Payment processing integration with Stripe has also been beneficial to our company. Overall, we are pleased with Hostaway Software.

Cons

The only cons, so to say, has to do with the Software's accounting capabilities. Even at that, you can always export your reservation data as a .csv file and utilize the data to create monthly statements via Quickbooks or other accounting software. The good news is that Hostaway is always looking to improve, and that's all I can ask for.

Landon G.
Industry: Hospitality

Hardest working team in the vacation rental software industry!

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

Hostaway comes highly recommended from us as the clear cut best value for the money vacation rental software. For a relatively low per listing monthly fee everything is included. Perhaps the best part of Hostaway is their clear interest in improving their software. They continue to make improvements and make it easier to use and more functional for vacation rental managers. When I have an issue their support team is quick to respond to me and also quick to fix the issue.

Once you begin working with Hostaway its clear to see the people behind it are the ones you want to align your business with.

Cons

It does not have all functionality of other vacation rental management softwares. It does not have integrated automatic credit card processing and a few other features are missing. However it was missing more features a year ago, but the Hostaway team continues to fill in the gaps!

Hostaway Has Streamlined Many Aspects of My Business

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Hostaway has treated me with great care and respect. Due to their commitment to their customers and the time and care, they have spent with me, and the fact that they are growing every single day despite the success level they have already reached; Hostaway is a company I plan to stay with for the rest of my vacation rental management career.

Pros

What I love most about Hostaway is the ability to organize guest info and messaging onto one platform which has enabled the fastest guest response rates of my entire career.

Cons

Many kinks in the system still as they are a younger company. But every day that I reach out to the support to report that something is either wrong with my account or something is wrong in the entire system, they immediately get to work on correcting the error no matter large. The last issue I flagged for Hostaway was something that negatively affected EVERY user of their software. They had this corrected in just a week. The most recent issue I reported was also something that affected every user and they are working hard even now to correct it in a timely manner. There may be many kinks to still work out throughout their platform, but their ability to accept my feedback to then correct it immediately makes them the company I want to stick with. They even take suggestions for additional features that a property management service can prove they need and they are currently working at developing a feature I suggested myself for Q2 2019 release!

Ulrich F.
Industry: Hospitality

Essential for daily business of property managers

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I want to highlight that I am a user from the start and admire the accessibility of the Hostaway team and that the listened to what we need and then develop most relevant features.

Pros

Essential for daily business of property managers. We were able to automate most of regular tasks (messages, payment) and are able to cross post on various platforms. Hence, Hostaway allows us to focus on what is core - adding new properties with ease.

Cons

Nothing. Some elements are yet in beta, but they will get there.

Serena S.
Industry: Real Estate

Makes my day more efficient

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Excellent quick replies on questions. They offer a product that is easy to navigate quickly.

Pros

LOVE IT - so easy on mobile! Automations are life changing :P

Price point can't be beat!

Cons

Wanting more services so I can continue making my life easier! :)

I have just added Stripe payments with HostAway which is great too!

Rebecca S.

Hostaway, yet another amazing booking software.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

The customer service for Host away is exceptional. Whenever there is a problem or there is an issue setting up the interface, Host away staff is there 24/7 to help with any questions. The ease of use, functionality, and appearance of the product is also great.

Cons

The payment process has been a bit clunky at times, but that may have just been our server. Other than that and sometimes being slow, this has been a very helpful product!

Santia F.

Great Software to Help ease Workflow

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Over all Hostaway has helped us to scale and automate. It gets the job done.

Pros

The features we love most about this product is the ability to automate messages and time of the day. The ability to change our prices and mark up prices.

Cons

I wish it had a nicer looking website. The Finance statements are also inaccurate but they are working to improve both features.

Simon P.

Great product with innovativ ideas

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Easy to use and very straight forward. Details are very carefully thought through. Great and fast support. Especially our customer rep. knows the product very well and has great to ideas for solving upcoming problems. All in all great value for money.

Cons

Few things are in early stage but getting developed and improved more and more. For connection apartments, the implementation is still a bit though but I´m sure our customer rep. and his team will solve that soon.

Sophie D.

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

They have helped us link all our properties and ensure we can respond from one central messaging system

Pros

Helpful functionality, great customer service and support

Cons

Nothing we are very happy with it. Any teething problems have been resolved by the customer support service

Fani I.

Personal review

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Pros

Product easy to use, Quick assistance when necessary

Cons

I miss:
Easy on line contact when emergency
Partner who could speak in my language (Greek)

Jochem B.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Company size: Self Employed

Respons / Have a nice stay

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

I am very happy with the help I have received [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], they have all helped me very pleasantly, i'm happy about that.

Pros

1 agenda , multiple bookingsites, template messaging

Cons

it does not recognize languages, i working and answering in 3 languages , you can't schedule a template per property per language.

Pawe P.
Industry: Management Consulting

Just superb

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

I have to really admit that hosteway from the early beginning is the only one channel manager I use. I got two listings which are basically managed at all stages through hostaway. The constant development and new addons makes it better & better and its really worth to consider for "small" hosts like me.

Pros

Easy dashboard, multi new addons, useful, essentials

Cons

Not accurate "earnings section" lack of precise currency exchange and missing externals fee like cleanings

Response from Hostaway