PetLinx

Grooming, boarding kennel & cattery, doggy daycare software

Georgia F.

Woofys

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

i couldnt find a catagorie for my work (boarding kennel & doggy daycare) hence why i put Veterinary.

we run a luxury dog stay (kennel & daycare) in our Castle looking over the whole of Wellington.

we love PetLinx!

Pros

I like a lot of things about it. but if i had to choose would either be the range of reports you can read/print or how you can get the outstanding balances to pop up when the software is opened.

and this was my google review: We use PetLinx at Woofington’s at it is great, especially after it’s latest update. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and so easy to deal with and always has an answer to any problems we have and fixes it pretty much instantly, can’t recommend this company enough, if you have a kennel, doggy day care or grooming business I definitely recommend getting PetLinx!

Cons

We used to have more than one computer connected to PetLinx and when that was happening the software ran quite slow and would freeze regularly but now we have switched back to just the one and no network connection we have had NO problems with PetLinx. so i dont really have something a like least!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Georgia, you're always such a pleasure to deal with! Just to clarify your comment about the software running slow - you were using our Cloud edition and the slowness was due to the terrible internet you have at Woofingtons. Now that you've switched to the Desktop edition your internet is not a factor :-)

Ronnie I.

grooming software

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

I could not run my groomig business with out it

Pros

keeps me on track, easy to use and reaccuring entries is the best thing ever

Cons

reaccuring entries, keeping track of clients accounts and payments

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Ronnie, great to have you as a customer :-)

Donna R.

Petlinx software review

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Modernization of bookkeeping with the grooming, able to keep accurate records of pets/owners. Overall extremely pleased.

Pros

I like the different modules taylored specifically suit my industry, which is pet grooming. It (the program) is highly customizable and has many reports that also can be modified to suit an indiviual business needs as well as integrate with your financial programs such as quickbooks. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons

It is a little difficult or at least for me to modify some of the reports, if not comfortable with computer programs, but there are tutorials and support that is more than willing to walk someone through it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Donna! Yes the Report Designer enables you to customize any report and can take a bit of learning to use it to it's full potential, but we're always here to help.

Rebecca V.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Functional pet hotel software.

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

The software makes my administration easier, especially for the accounting part. It saves time and money.

Cons

I find the forms and documents very difficult to adjust and almost impossible to design yourself. Customized forms are very expensive for small businesses. I try to come by with the available forms, but they are often not optimal for my business.
As I only use the pet hotel part there are frequent updates that are of no use to me and in that case the yearly fee for updates and service is quite expensive for the use I get out of it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your review Rebecca! We're glad it's making a positive difference for your business. I believe you're referring to customizing the built-in reports, for which we supply a report editor. While it is a full-featured tool with a ton of features, to do common tasks like add/remove fields or change fonts or labels it is quite simple to do. We'll be happy to give you a quick training session on using it if you like?
As you use the boarding module there will be some updates that only contain grooming or daycare related fixes. In these cases you can choose to not install these updates.
Dank je :-)

Hayley S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

First class software and support, and it has consistently met all my needs for running my...

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

It makes my life so much easier, try organising 16 kennels on a daily basis without it when customers are constantly changing dates, no thanks give me Petlinx any day.

Pros

The developer is constantly updating and improving the software. If I have a problem the response is first rate, especially given the time difference, NZ - UK. It meets all my needs in terms of kennel allocation, invoicing and accounts management.

Cons

I cannot change the margins when I am printing a hard copy of the calendar. Inconsequential really in the big scheme of things.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Hayley, we're grateful to have you and Lincoln Lane Kennels on board with us :-)

Brianna S.

Petlinx is very easy to use and easy to learn. Everything is very organized and easy to find.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Being able to customize the software for what we need at our shop.

Pros

What we like most about this software is that we can set it up the way we like it to be. If there are ever any issues it is very easy to get a hold of people at Petlinx to get help. It is a very straightforward program and it is very easy to learn how to do stuff.

Cons

The thing we like least is that we got the second software for our second computer at our shop and the second software is always having issues when we're trying to use it. We haven't tried to get help with fixing it yet because we have stopped using the second computer for now.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Brianna, thanks for your great review we've enjoyed having Dapper Dogs onboard as a valued customer! Feel free to get in touch when you're ready so we can find out what's going on with your second computer, it may simply be a problem with your local network.

Scott H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Software that helps make my job easier!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Ease of scheduling and a nice neat package to hold and store client information

Pros

There really isn't much that I don't like, so I would have to say that I like everything about the software, however I feel the customer support is top notch.

Cons

There is still glitches here and there through out the software. Most of them have work arounds, so it's never been a huge issue. One MAJOR thing I would like to see implemented, would be the ease of changing a client's information unknowingly. By using the FIND search option to find clients, if not careful, one can accidently change the client's info instead of completing a search.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Scott, we're glad to have you as our customer! BTW to prevent changing client's details by accident, you may want to turn on the "Confirm before editing a record" setting in System Options. Thanks again :-0

Wade M.

PetLinx Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/10

PetLinx has improved to overall efficiency in inputting and reporting on our business operations.

Pros

The flexibility and breadth of services covered in the one application (boarding, grooming, daycare) makes PetLinx ideal for our business operations. These ease of inputting and creating data sets was helpful.

Cons

Some of the financial and accounting transactions are not intuitive and it takes some trial and error to get it to work. eg: crediting boarding deposits and then using those to pay for other services.

Response from Software Revolutions

Glad to hear PetLinx has made a difference for your business Wade! If there's anything we can help with when it comes to doing the less common tasks in our system, just get in touch :-).

Susan C.

Pet friendly!

Reviewed on 2016/08/07

I find Petlinx very easy to use and have been very impressed with the updates that appear after we have flagged a feature that we would like to see added in. The support has been fantrastic from Laurence and his team!

Pros

Keeps an easy record of all the relevant information we require

Cons

When printing daycare lists, they are not in alphabetical order for the dogs names!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Susan, we love having you as a customer :-). With regards to the Daycare Lists, remember you can customize any report in PetLinx and change the sort order.

Cyndy W.

Great Software for Pet Grooming Industry

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Very good. Support is great as well. Very fast to assist with any fault issues.

Pros

Easy to use. Interfaces with QuickBooks our accounting package which is great.

Cons

Would like to see outstanding amounts owing by the client when the grooming appointment screen is open which will help us to bring it to the clients attention.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your awesome review Cyndy! Great idea about showing the client balances, we'll get this added to our to-do list.

Sandra B.

PetLinx is certainly a vital part of my grooming operations record keeping.

Reviewed on 2018/01/03

Pros

I like that I am able to easily look at the invoicing and grooming history of my clients. Quick referencing is essential when you are busy.

Cons

Would like to see more accounting reports such as yearly sales and period tracking to see where gaps are in the year on a monetary level.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Sandy we appreciate having you as a valued customer, and yes we'll be adding further reports over time :-).

Kim L.

It was easy to figure out without having to watch tutorials.

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

That there is not a monthly fee to use software and you purchase it. There are monthly installments available too which is nice because money a lot of times is pretty scarce when just starting up a business.

Cons

Can't change invoices if you mess up on it at all. Good for keeping employees honest but should have administrative override with a password or something.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Kim, thanks for your great review and we're glad you've found PetLinx easy to and financially affordable. With regards to invoices, yes invoices can be edited, please give us a call and we can show you how do that. We do have administrator access with logins and passwords in our Network or Cloud editions, so if you are interested in perhaps moving to one of those please get in touch as well.

Kim W.

Makes managing my kennels so easy

Reviewed on 2015/07/15

After trialling 6 different kennel management programs, I found Petlinx to have by far the most features that were important to my business. The amount of detail about pets and customers and the flexibility to easily create data lists and edit reports is fantastic. Managing bookings, customers and pets is all very easy from the main screen. Invoicing is very easy once you get used to it, but at first I found it a bit awkward when people paid a deposit or make multiple payments. My biggest problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to automatically change the rate when two dogs share a run as our runs are all the same size, so I just change it manually, but this does make the possibility of undercharging greater. All in all I think this is a fantastic program and the continual improvements that come through with the regular updates are great. Highly recommend this program to help you manage a boarding facility.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Kim, thanks for your great review! You can set up automatic rate changes for multiple dogs by adding a rate variation in the Boarding Rates screen - we'll send you details on how to do this.

Shannon C.

Love PetLinx

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

I like PetLinx so much cause it was cheaper then a product I had used at another shop but it was very similar in how it worked. Didn't want to have to relearn too much.

Pros

Since I had used a similar product before this only had a small learning curve to figure out.

Cons

The upgrades can get a little spendy.

Duane L.

Petlinx Software

Reviewed on 2013/11/26

Before I bought any software to run our Pet Boarding business I actually downloaded three programs that I thought would interest me and our operation. I was looking for ease of use particularly as we have a constant turnover of employees being so close to a college town. Taking for granted that most of our vet techs were computer savvy, training time needed to be held to a minimum.

I found that Petlinx was the easiest program to work with. No complicated things to teach. I have had Petlinx from day one and I have not regretted taking the time to explore them all. It was a good decision.

All I can say is Thank You Petlinx. You have made my life easy with your reliable software. I have had zero problems and this software is over 10 years old.

PS. The reason for the 3 stars on customer service was the difference in time zones. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 star rating also.

Jacqui A.

Fog grooming

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

I haven't found this s good s user friendly system . It is very time consuming and you have to go backward and forwards for entries of updates on customers . I barely use ours as it crashes all the time do I can't rely on it to get dimple information from . I'm not a fan . Sorry

Pros

It's industry specific

Cons

I can't retrieve customer numbers on it as it always seems to be not working . It's time consuming to keep records , do I have just been using paper

Response from Software Revolutions

FYI this review for some reason was only approved by Capterra today (Dec 4 2017) over a year after it was first submitted. For someone who claims they're "not a fan" and gave us a 1 start rating, our logs show you've been using PetLinx consistently for over a year up to today. So you've either grown to love PetLinx since the review or you're a glutton for punishment, we hope it's the former :-).

Vonda D.

Petlinx

Reviewed on 2013/11/27

I have been using petlinx for the last 10 years. It is very user friendly. I would prefer a few less steps for checkout but ya can't have everything. Overall I think this is the best program out there. I have looked at others to see if I am missing any thing, and for the price and reliability I have the best!

Tom W.

Great customer service, even in the UK

Reviewed on 2015/07/02

PetLinx offer great customer service. Their software is straight forward and well worth the money. Beware of other solutions that charge monthly/yearly. Definitely recommend.

Response from Software Revolutions

It's great to have you on board Tom and Susie, and thank you for your review!

Mel D.

Fantastic service easy product to use

Reviewed on 2015/11/19

Petlinx certainly has fulfilled the requirements that I had asked for, to run my new business with ease

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks very much Mel, glad to be of service to you!

Teresa C.

Good program

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

Its a good program takes time to figure out. But some what easy to use, had the best feature I have found.

Dawn B.

Great software

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Great software. Great customer service. They are always working on improvements which is great.

Pros

Easy to use. Really like the reports for accounting purposes.

Cons

They have an app that they are working on. Right now I have crashing problems.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Dawn! With regards to the mobile app you may be using an early version of it, please ensure you install the latest update to resolve this.

Richard T.

Petlinx user

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Over all would recommend as it does the job

Pros

Reporting is good, able to keep track of who owes money. Ease of use

Cons

Little on the expensive side - along with the subscription each year it comes at a cost. Purchased the network edition but now it won't communicate with the database and don't want to uninstall in case the backup doesn't work.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Richard, thanks for your great review, we really appreciate it! Please see Quick Answers - General Questions on our Support page for information on getting the Network edition going again, and then contact our support team for help if you continue to have issues with this.

Ray M.

The program does more than I had hoped for.

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

We have been operating a successful boarding facility for 18 years with a database that we long ago outgrew. As my husband is an ex-computer engineer, we were reluctant to switch because we 'knew' that with any change of computer systems problems follow. Not so with PetLinx. I introduced PetLinx into our very busy business on the 1st January, so that I could link it with the financial quarter. So from day one, we made the program work hard and it hasn't let us down. We have found an astounding number of ways to make PetLinx aid us to save time, keep our customers informed and get on on top of repetition in the office. No more accidental overbooking, forgetting to get a deposit, forgetting to charge for a requested bath - or worse still, not doing a paid for a bath. Last night I even realized it could assist with a revamp of our fire evacuation plan for our pets. I believe that I have yet to reach the potential of this program. In addition, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the excellent customer service I have received. Trust a kiwi to be unfailingly kind, patient and always follow through. I requested quite a few changes in the program to meet our needs and each was done in a professional and timely manner. Thanks, heaps. We look forward to a long and enjoyable journey with PetLinx. Keep up the great work.

Pros

The flexibility.

Response from Software Revolutions

Wow, what an awesome review Ray - we're lucky to have YOU as a customer! It's been a real pleasure dealing with you and we're glad our little changes have made all the difference for you. Here's to many more years ahead :-)

Jeff M.

Pampered Puppies Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Overall very good experience. Like the fact that you have the option of purchasing the software instead of being forced to have a monthly subscription.

Pros

I like the ease of making bookings, adding new clients, and adding their pets.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to create an invoice or ticket for services or items purchased without having to create a boarding invoice. As it stands now it is difficult or impossible to modify an invoice after completion. We have clients pay at time of drop off. Sometimes after they have paid they may decide they want some of our extras or have forgotten to add something.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Jeff. You can use the "Retail Sales" section of an invoice to charge a customer without creating a booking. And we will soon be enhancing the invoicing system to relax the rules around modifying an existing invoice, to make it easier to adjust charges :-).

Donna R.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

Always a prompt response and takes suggestions into consideration and often implements it into next update. Thank you

Pros

The information available at a glance and ability to customize.

Cons

I am not really familiar with HTML code and this program allows to customize forms but I am not able to do that yet, although there is videos available to help..

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Donna! The Report Designer that you're referring to doesn't use HTML code, it uses a point, click and drag interface similar to something like Microsoft PowerPoint. We'll be happy to help you this if you need further assistance.