PetLinx

Grooming, boarding kennel & cattery, doggy daycare software

4,6
4,4
4,4
4,2
4,6
Sandra B.

Adaptability and value. After a year and half, we are very happy and satisfied with the program.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Best features are flexibility, value and service. Pet care is very often a small business that is highly individualized. Having a program that can be purchased in sections (boarding, daycare, grooming) and then having a good amount of flexibility within the program to adapt to each business is a good thing. The entire program is a good value and can be purchased outright with just service as an annual investment. The service is outstanding and responsive.

Cons

The manual is the weakest. The manual is there as well as "help on this page". However, the help index rarely seems to actually help and most explanations are brief. Sometimes you need the long version!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Sandra, we really value having you as a customer and appreciate your suggestions which are always helpful :-).

Anne H.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

PetLinx....... in a word GREAT!

Reviewed on 2019/12/01

This software is a reliable and easy to use product and, we believe, good value for money. It will take a lot to beat it.

Pros

Easy to use, clear instructions, easy to transition to, fabulous timely personal support, and not a "static" product - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team continue to improve, build and refine the software to include wants and needs of its users.

Cons

I would love more financial type reports without having to upload to my accounting programme.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks so much Anne, it's been our pleasure to have you as our customer :-)

Richard T.
Industry: Retail

Petlinx user

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Over all would recommend as it does the job

Pros

Reporting is good, able to keep track of who owes money. Ease of use

Cons

Little on the expensive side - along with the subscription each year it comes at a cost. Purchased the network edition but now it won't communicate with the database and don't want to uninstall in case the backup doesn't work.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Richard, thanks for your great review, we really appreciate it! Please see Quick Answers - General Questions on our Support page for information on getting the Network edition going again, and then contact our support team for help if you continue to have issues with this.

There are a lot of updates that could be & someone in the industry should be consulted

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

used as our schedule for bookings

Pros

layout and colorful design and ability to add multiple employees to the calendar as well as the right click and drop down boxes i also like that it integrates so well with cayan also the ability to make dtailed groom notes on every dog

Cons

unable to split tips between a bather and groomer on the same transaction a handful of technical glitches and i feel like an industry professional should be consulted on future updates

Response from Software Revolutions

As this reviewer has chosen to keep their details private we can't verify that they are an actual customer, but it does appear suspicious and we have asked Capterra to remove it. A strange comment that we need to consult an "industry professional", we would like to think our customers that we interact with on a daily basis are industry professionals :-)

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Robin K.
Industry: Retail

Petlinx

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

A+++

Pros

Features and support is very responsive.

Cons

None really its a really good program that I would recommend.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Robin, we're glad you chose us and very happy to have you as our customer!

Brian M.

The best for your business

Reviewed on 2016/09/01

After downloading all the demos for all the software out there, we looked at speed and ease to use. Petlinx was by far the best all around software out there. When we noticed a quirk in the software we emailed them about it and they fixed it within days, we had not bought the software at this point. They are quick to listen to our concerns and suggestions to improve and implement them. So in 2005 we purchased Petlinx and have seen the product improve, grow and expand just as our business has grown. You can now have multiple locations from a single database and have centralized booking with the network edition. All the reports and letters that can be printed out can be totally customized to meet our needs. Through the years we have pushed this software to see what it can do as we have grown and it has always done the job for us. We are looking forward to see what's in the future for Petlinx. We do highly recommend this software to everyone.

Pros

The ability to see your day in the calendar and to be able to just drag and drop appointments between groomer and even between days is important. There are reports for just about everything. Easy to use. Very quick tech support.

Cons

The retail end is a little lacking - but they are working on improving that as of the time of this review.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for the great review Brian! We've appreciated having you on board for all these years and value your suggestions and know-how greatly. P.S free demo is for 30 days :-)

Georgia F.

Woofys

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

i couldnt find a catagorie for my work (boarding kennel & doggy daycare) hence why i put Veterinary.

we run a luxury dog stay (kennel & daycare) in our Castle looking over the whole of Wellington.

we love PetLinx!

Pros

I like a lot of things about it. but if i had to choose would either be the range of reports you can read/print or how you can get the outstanding balances to pop up when the software is opened.

and this was my google review: We use PetLinx at Woofington’s at it is great, especially after it’s latest update. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and so easy to deal with and always has an answer to any problems we have and fixes it pretty much instantly, can’t recommend this company enough, if you have a kennel, doggy day care or grooming business I definitely recommend getting PetLinx!

Cons

We used to have more than one computer connected to PetLinx and when that was happening the software ran quite slow and would freeze regularly but now we have switched back to just the one and no network connection we have had NO problems with PetLinx. so i dont really have something a like least!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Georgia, you're always such a pleasure to deal with! Just to clarify your comment about the software running slow - you were using our Cloud edition and the slowness was due to the terrible internet you have at Woofingtons. Now that you've switched to the Desktop edition your internet is not a factor :-)

Jennifer T.

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Its good, wont switch, but it could be better.

Pros

Easy to keep track of pets and clients, easy to keep notes on pets and clients.

Cons

Limited capabilites w/o spending more money to customize, ie reports, changing input fields, etc. New updates take away features that were useful in the past. System is a little pricey, especially for the renewal for multiple computers

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review and we're happy to have you as a customer for 7+ years :-) Just want to clarify some of the items you have listed however:
- customizing reports does not cost you anything! There's a complete report editor built in to PetLinx. Adding new custom fields for you will of course invoke a cost as it involves development time for us.
- Not sure which features you are referring to, to our knowledge we have not removed any features and have added many since you have been with us.
- Your annual support and updates payment is only $229, which includes unlimited phone, email, and remote support as well as software updates with new features. We believe this compares very favorably with competitor pricing.

Happy to discuss any of these in more detail through our normal contact methods :-).

Donna R.

Petlinx software review

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Modernization of bookkeeping with the grooming, able to keep accurate records of pets/owners. Overall extremely pleased.

Pros

I like the different modules taylored specifically suit my industry, which is pet grooming. It (the program) is highly customizable and has many reports that also can be modified to suit an indiviual business needs as well as integrate with your financial programs such as quickbooks. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons

It is a little difficult or at least for me to modify some of the reports, if not comfortable with computer programs, but there are tutorials and support that is more than willing to walk someone through it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Donna! Yes the Report Designer enables you to customize any report and can take a bit of learning to use it to it's full potential, but we're always here to help.

Ray M.

The program does more than I had hoped for.

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

We have been operating a successful boarding facility for 18 years with a database that we long ago outgrew. As my husband is an ex-computer engineer, we were reluctant to switch because we 'knew' that with any change of computer systems problems follow. Not so with PetLinx. I introduced PetLinx into our very busy business on the 1st January, so that I could link it with the financial quarter. So from day one, we made the program work hard and it hasn't let us down. We have found an astounding number of ways to make PetLinx aid us to save time, keep our customers informed and get on on top of repetition in the office. No more accidental overbooking, forgetting to get a deposit, forgetting to charge for a requested bath - or worse still, not doing a paid for a bath. Last night I even realized it could assist with a revamp of our fire evacuation plan for our pets. I believe that I have yet to reach the potential of this program. In addition, I would be remiss if I failed to mention the excellent customer service I have received. Trust a kiwi to be unfailingly kind, patient and always follow through. I requested quite a few changes in the program to meet our needs and each was done in a professional and timely manner. Thanks, heaps. We look forward to a long and enjoyable journey with PetLinx. Keep up the great work.

Pros

The flexibility.

Response from Software Revolutions

Wow, what an awesome review Ray - we're lucky to have YOU as a customer! It's been a real pleasure dealing with you and we're glad our little changes have made all the difference for you. Here's to many more years ahead :-)

Gingat F.
Industry: Farming

Simple, stable and reliable !

Reviewed on 2016/06/19

We were looking for a simple but modern software for our boarding,
we live in France and we found many sharewares, many outdated softwares that use old technology and without support.
Then we tried PetLinx, we we're a little afraid to use an US program because US is not our main language but we were pleased to see that a French translation is provided.

Installation is really easy and the software is updated regulary, really simple to use but powerfull, without fancy gadgets that may overload the software.

Pros

-Updates, this software is updated regulary
-Tech support is really fast and open to suggestions to improve the software
-Really stable
-Simple and fast to use, i can add a new client and reservation in less than 1mn
-Report builder is powerfull
-Full demo version available

Cons

-French translation can be better (but useable)
-The main view (calendar) may be more customisable (eg box1,box2 with blue background color, box3,box4 with green background color ..)

Response from Software Revolutions

Merci beaucoup Florent! We really appreciate your great review, and are glad you have found PetLinx to your liking. French is not our first language so please feel free to send through details to us of where the translation is not quite right, and we will get it fixed. Merci encore :-)

Gail M.

Petlinx AAA+++

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

I started using Petlinx 2 or 3 in 2008, after a rocky start due to my lack of knowledge of computers and how they work I found Petlinx staff to be most helpful and always fast to respond to my questions and problems. I have just upgraded to Petlinx 5 and couldn't be happier, Having Petlinx in my salon has made a huge difference to my workload with me being able to download reports for my accountant as well as day to day tasks, stocktake is much easier as well, I love it:)

Pros

Easy to use, upgrades fix little things as the program evolves

Cons

I would like to be able to delete or move a vendor or vet, for example if they close down or are no longer required into a seperate file so that the lists are showing currently used/needed entries

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks very much for your great review Gail, we've appreciated having you as a customer all these years and trust we'll have many more! We've added you suggestion into our to-do list.

Rebecca V.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Company size: Self Employed

Functional pet hotel software.

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

The software makes my administration easier, especially for the accounting part. It saves time and money.

Cons

I find the forms and documents very difficult to adjust and almost impossible to design yourself. Customized forms are very expensive for small businesses. I try to come by with the available forms, but they are often not optimal for my business.
As I only use the pet hotel part there are frequent updates that are of no use to me and in that case the yearly fee for updates and service is quite expensive for the use I get out of it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your review Rebecca! We're glad it's making a positive difference for your business. I believe you're referring to customizing the built-in reports, for which we supply a report editor. While it is a full-featured tool with a ton of features, to do common tasks like add/remove fields or change fonts or labels it is quite simple to do. We'll be happy to give you a quick training session on using it if you like?
As you use the boarding module there will be some updates that only contain grooming or daycare related fixes. In these cases you can choose to not install these updates.
Dank je :-)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jeff M.

Pampered Puppies Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Overall very good experience. Like the fact that you have the option of purchasing the software instead of being forced to have a monthly subscription.

Pros

I like the ease of making bookings, adding new clients, and adding their pets.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to create an invoice or ticket for services or items purchased without having to create a boarding invoice. As it stands now it is difficult or impossible to modify an invoice after completion. We have clients pay at time of drop off. Sometimes after they have paid they may decide they want some of our extras or have forgotten to add something.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Jeff. You can use the "Retail Sales" section of an invoice to charge a customer without creating a booking. And we will soon be enhancing the invoicing system to relax the rules around modifying an existing invoice, to make it easier to adjust charges :-).

Alan G.
Industry: Veterinary

Petlinx. A user friendly, practical and multi functional database.

Reviewed on 2016/09/25

We have used Petlinx for many years after using the trial period. It has become and extremely useful tool for our business and has stood up to the growth that our company has experienced without failure. We have found the platform very easy to use and training our staff to use the system has always been easy. The regular updates are excellent and keep the program up to speed. Support is reliable, although its great to be able to say that its not often that it is required as the program runs so well it there is little need for the assistance!

Pros

Ease of use, fast navigation. Easy to train staff to use system. No limits to database records

Cons

Hard to say. Not a lot!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Alan, we really appreciate having you as our customer for the last 8+ years and look forward to many more!

Nicole R.

Petlinx software review

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

PetLinx has enabled us to reduce our paper-based records; we can now generate pen cards with all the information we require. Support (when rarely required) has been timely and effective.

Pros

The cost; the fact the system can be configured by the end user; the features.

Cons

Reports are tricky to tailor when you are not familiar with report writing/configuration. Some of the payment/invoicing processes don't match our business model.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Nicole, we're glad PetLinx has made a positive difference to your business. Yes using the Report Editor can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it as there is so much you can do with it, but we're always happy to help out when needed :-).

Stella V.

PetLinx for Dog Groomers

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

PetLinx have saved me so much time on administration. It's very user friendly and if I travel, I simply make a back-up from my desktop computer and I can still book clients on my laptop. I won't use any other software.

Pros

PetLinx is really easy to use. What I like most about this software is the fast variety of jobs I can do with it. It reschedules the appointment times to my customer's individual needs; I can enter as much information on each dog as I need to. It's truly a GREAT system and makes my admin so much better

Cons

I cannot find anything that I don't like about this software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you so much for your awesome review Stella!

Hayley S.
Industry: Consumer Services

First class software and support, and it has consistently met all my needs for running my business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

It makes my life so much easier, try organising 16 kennels on a daily basis without it when customers are constantly changing dates, no thanks give me Petlinx any day.

Pros

The developer is constantly updating and improving the software. If I have a problem the response is first rate, especially given the time difference, NZ - UK. It meets all my needs in terms of kennel allocation, invoicing and accounts management.

Cons

I cannot change the margins when I am printing a hard copy of the calendar. Inconsequential really in the big scheme of things.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Hayley, we're grateful to have you and Lincoln Lane Kennels on board with us :-)

Donna R.

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

Always a prompt response and takes suggestions into consideration and often implements it into next update. Thank you

Pros

The information available at a glance and ability to customize.

Cons

I am not really familiar with HTML code and this program allows to customize forms but I am not able to do that yet, although there is videos available to help..

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Donna! The Report Designer that you're referring to doesn't use HTML code, it uses a point, click and drag interface similar to something like Microsoft PowerPoint. We'll be happy to help you this if you need further assistance.

Andrew P.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Quality and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

PetLinx provides three versions of installation: stand-alone, networked or cloud. We required the network version to take care of our pet boarding facility. This product met those needs perfectly. I also cannot say enough about the quality, professional and courteous service we received during our evaluation, installation and customization of PetLinx. One of the few software products that we have purchased that met or exceeded all of our requirements.

Pros

The quality of the software is most impressive and their customer service exceeded my expectations. The product was new to me and I needed a little help in doing the network install. They answered every question I had in a timely fashion and even arranged a screen sharing session to help with the install. I also had one particular item that I wanted on a report that I was customizing which required changes to the software in order to accommodate my needs and I was completely surprised at how fast those changes were done and made available in the next update of the software.

Cons

At this point, I really don't have anything negative to say about the product.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your awesome review Andrew! We've been happy to help you get up and running and glad our system is making a positive impact in your facility.

Brianna S.

Petlinx is very easy to use and easy to learn. Everything is very organized and easy to find.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Being able to customize the software for what we need at our shop.

Pros

What we like most about this software is that we can set it up the way we like it to be. If there are ever any issues it is very easy to get a hold of people at Petlinx to get help. It is a very straightforward program and it is very easy to learn how to do stuff.

Cons

The thing we like least is that we got the second software for our second computer at our shop and the second software is always having issues when we're trying to use it. We haven't tried to get help with fixing it yet because we have stopped using the second computer for now.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Brianna, thanks for your great review we've enjoyed having Dapper Dogs onboard as a valued customer! Feel free to get in touch when you're ready so we can find out what's going on with your second computer, it may simply be a problem with your local network.

Scott H.
Industry: Cosmetics

Software that helps make my job easier!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Ease of scheduling and a nice neat package to hold and store client information

Pros

There really isn't much that I don't like, so I would have to say that I like everything about the software, however I feel the customer support is top notch.

Cons

There is still glitches here and there through out the software. Most of them have work arounds, so it's never been a huge issue. One MAJOR thing I would like to see implemented, would be the ease of changing a client's information unknowingly. By using the FIND search option to find clients, if not careful, one can accidently change the client's info instead of completing a search.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Scott, we're glad to have you as our customer! BTW to prevent changing client's details by accident, you may want to turn on the "Confirm before editing a record" setting in System Options. Thanks again :-0

Michael N.

Excellent Software for Pet Boarding Facility

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

We are very satisfied. One of the best things about this company is how responsive they are to support needs. They know that your business depends on their software working and if you encounter a problem they respond quickly and get things running again.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Highly customizable.

Cons

Pretty much does everything we need. We did contract (pay) to add some minor features when we first bought this software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Mike, we're very happy to have supported you over the years!

Jenna L.

Mobile Pet Grooming

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

The ability to manage my business, keep calendar in sync.

Pros

The application is easy to follow, somewhat idiot proof, a bit more than we really need and some parts we don't use.

Cons

I would prefer to update records immediately, in some cases that's not easy, when I reopen the application there are generally allot of updates to close out.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Jenna, I'm not sure what areas you are referring to in the cons section but please feel free to get in touch with us so you can explain further :-).

Jenniefer H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good handling missing features

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Good experience

Pros

The easy handling and overview and design

Cons

Missing features accountancy part incomplete, editing formulars are troo complicated

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Jennifer. While we provide many financial reports for you to choose from, we do not set out to be a complete accounting system competing with the likes of Quickbooks or Xero. We'll be happy to help you with editing formulas on your reports, for most simple calculations it's quite easy to do.