BRIC Reviews

BRIC

Time tracking for professional services teams

4.9/5 (76 reviews)
Raj J.

Great insights from data, great features and always adding new ones

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Bric has given us significant intelligence about our productivity and workforce, and allowed us to better understand how to be more profitable.

Pros

Most time-tracking platforms give minimal information, or required pulling the data out to try to get intelligence from it. The dashboards and reports from Bric are a cut above the others we've seen. Most impressive, though, is the responsiveness of Grant and the Bric team. Based on suggestions they've built out an impressive array of features, and we're continually asked how they can improve the UI, UX, and functionality of the platform. This attention to what customers really want is in stark contrast to nearly any other SaaS product we've used.

Cons

Sometimes slightly slow to load (though that might be specific to us because we have one of the largest # of projects on the system of any user).

Scott A.

I recommend Bric to all my agency clients

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

I recommend Bric to all my agency clients.

For 26 years I ran an Advertising Agency. I sold that business, and now I consult and coach agency owners on how to do the same. To do this Partners need to work on their business; not in it.

Bric helps keep my clients focused on leading their teams and growing their business, not planning and tracking time. Plus, Bric analyzes past projects to automatically make project plans more accurate. We all know the importance of reveiwing past projects to plan future projects, but never do it. Bric does it automatically.

Pros

Again, Bric automatically analyzes past projects to make project plans more accurate. That's the key. It's something agencies always vow to do , but never get it done. Better accuracy = better profitability.

Cons

None so far.

Our employees loving using Bric

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Pros

Bric makes logging tracked time for various project incredibly easy, and it's very helpful for sketching out how much time per week various team members should ostensibly be spending on each project and client. But more than anything, I like how the Bric team is so quick to hop on the phone to chat over any functionality issues I may be having. They're great about showing me new ways to use their product, and their product roadmap is very transparent.

Cons

I know that they're working on this, but we tend to work on monthly retainers more than weekly hours or sprints, so we'd love to be able to very easily see a monthly hours breakdown rather than weekly.

Jordan G.

Bric is Real Time Management.

Reviewed on 2017/09/16

Bric gives time tracking a new purpose. It helps me avoid over or under scheduling my team.

Pros

There are useful analytics everywhere. I love knowing my capacity for work, creating plans, and monitoring progress. Plus my team loves the timesheets. They find it very straight forward.

Cons

I wish Bric had a mobile app so that my team could track time when in the field. Also, it would be great if Bric would send reminders if the stopwatch is left running. I have talked with the team and they assure me that it is something they are working on.

Patrick B.

Finally! I have the numbers I need to manage my team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

My company is growing really fast. Using Bric has helped me keep up with who is working on what, and my financials.

Pros

I love the analytics. I have been a big fan of the Financial Report, and now it is even better with support for multiple contract types.

Cons

The sign-up process could be improved. It took 5 minutes to enter all the required information before I could plan my first project.

Gordon S.

Very good - I didn't get the customer support 5 starts because I haven't used it (sorry?)

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

As someone who generally HATES time tracking (and I would super bold the word HATE) but it is an essential part of my business. Bric helps me do my billing. It is hard to say that I love something that helps me accomplish something I don't like to do, but in this case because Bric makes it fast and easy, I love it.

As a nimble small business, I was laughing at a colleague at a large company and their antiquated time accounting tool. Yes, someone who hates time tracking was now looking down at someone and the time tracking tool they were using. I like Bric that much.

Pros

As a business owner who uses it to track billable hours, it is a great fit. I have both internal and external parties that I share the data with and Bric fills that niche very well. I'm looking forward to see some of the announced but not yet delivered enhancements.

Cons

I had a small struggle setting up the billing initially. I've been told that it is no longer an issue. So outside of that I have no complaints.

Ryan M.

Bric has replaced Excel for managing plans and budgets.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

Bric is a definite upgrade from using Excel to keep things on track. I am so glad that we upgraded, I do not think I will go back to spreadsheets for planning ever again.

Cons

I wish Bric had the ability to export project plans to CSV. The software gives me most of the analytics I need, but there are still times I need to do ad hoc analysis.

Colin N.

Bric saves me a ton of time.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

The support is great and the app is super simple to use.

Pros

I am really busy building my company and Bric automatically prepares the financials so that I don't have to bother with it. Helps me spend more time on actual revenue generating activities.

Cons

I do wish there was some integrations and an iPhone app would be great but that's not a deal breaker.

Matt H.

The simplest time tracking tool I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Overall Quality:
I've been using Bric for a few months now and it is easily stands out as the best time tracking tool I've used. Here's why.

Ease of Use:
Bric's ease of use is crucial for employee buy in. All the tools I've worked with previously had considerably higher training time which lead to delayed adoption times and thus bogged down and sometimes inaccurate time accounting for new hires. Bric is so simple that there is no need for training, it's UI is essentially self-explanatory.

Feature & Functionality:
Don't let Bric's simplicity mislead you about Bric's deeper capabilities. Bric's functionality that employs predictive analytics and other data science methods to optimize team hours management is unique in time accounting space as far as I'm aware. Other features like the daily time tracker clock offer simple but effective ways for employees to track their time directly in the app.

Customer Support:
When I did have a question for customer service, the team fixed my problem the same day.

Value for Money:
While much of Bric's value lies in its simplicity, features, and customer support, part of its value to me lies in what the team may implement in the future. If one thing is certain, Bric's features will not stagnate - can't wait to see what comes down the line. Compared with other time tracking tools from the bigger players, Bric is a definite steal at its price and is a tremendous value to my company.

Pros

Ease of use (clean/simple UI), cost value, rich functionality & features

Victor C.

The time tracking tool has made it easy for us to track time!

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Pros

the time tracking tool has made it easy for our team members to log and record time quickly. This has allowed us to start comparing our planned time vs actual time. Its made a huge impact on how we plan our projects and has made us more efficient. The difference has been amazing.

Cons

Bric still lacks a lot of features and integrations we would like, however they have been extremely upfront with us about their product plan and have taken our feedback very seriously.

Great for Freelance time tracking

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

Pros

Bric is really easy to use and is one of the most straightforward timekeeping systems for advertising or marketing professionals.

Cons

It would be great to automate certain time that I know will be billed every week, but other than that, it's been relatively easy to input my time.

Leading Software Development Team

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Cust support rep has helped me communicate my team's capacity to the rest of the company. Now we better manage our commitments and deliver work on time.

Cons

They have a lot of documentation, but I wish they had more. I do like being able to chat with support directly in the app.

Key to Managing my Team's Growth

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Bric has great support for international users. I manage three teams: The United States, Canada, and in India. Bric works great for that.

Cons

I wish Bric had a desktop application that could remind my team to track time or when they leave the stopwatch running for too long.

Matthew j R.

I use Bric to manage my timesheet! It works well.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I have used several different time management systems, and Bric is by far the easiest to use. The timesheet is very clear, and the stopwatch makes it easy to log time.

Cons

I wish they had a desktop app and reminders. It is too easy to forget to track my time. I wish I got notifications when the timer was running too long, or if I hadn't tracked time in a while. However, over all Bric is a pretty good time system.

John H.

Just started using BRIC and can see how smartly it is designed and how well suited for ad agencies

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Time management, resource planning, budgeting, cost savings, people savings, client savings

Pros

It's intuitive UI and common sense functionality and its ability to capture and report the critical aspects of agency time management and resource planning. I've used other such products and the adoption rate was low, use was confusing and the UI was insulting. BRIC solves the major problems that keep busy agency people from using it. And, I love what they do to get outsourced partners on board for complete hours and resource management for every client. I can already see where I have problems and where I can save money.

Cons

The thing I like least is not knowing about BRIC earlier. Also, no mobile app or calendar integration, but I hear that's coming soon.

Chris L.

Bric Helps Me Balance Capacity vs. Profitability

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

I really like having projects financials automatically update as I plan projects helps me balance my team's capacity vs. the project's profitability. I have made a lot of use of Bric's ability to support both full-time employees and contractors.

Cons

Their videos are really out dated. It appears that a lot of features have been released since they made their marketing and support videos.

Doug B.

Easy to use with extreme value at an affordable cost

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

While looking for a solution for project planning, our company came across Bric. The time saving aspects that really helped us become more efficient as a team is easily worth the price we paid!

Cons

I think that Bric can be a little too advanced for some people, with the analytical pieces being something some people don't want. I myself see the value of it, but I can see how some people may not

Toby S.

Really easy to use, does the basics very well

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Enabled us to better understand our resource capacity and more accurately estimate and track against our projects.

Pros

Bric has a really straightforward interface and worked how I would expect a resource planning app to work which isn't the case with a lot of other software out there. What amazed me was how easy it was to be able to start using it straight away without using any help or tutorials and others in my team found the same. The other great thing is how helpful and quick to respond the Bric team are and they have a great product roadmap which they are happy for you to input in to.

Cons

The reporting side of things still needs a bit of work - but I understand that a lot of this functionality is on their roadmap and due to be implemented shortly.

Kevin R.

Built-in intelligence to project management!

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

Truly an amazing product. It takes the best project management tools--specifically staff utilization / optimization--and adds intelligence. BRIC learns from past projects, and sets up that 90% solution to a new project, which is easy to refine from there. Any product we used in the past meant we were essentially starting from scratch each time....not with BRIC. Thanks!

Pros

Ease of setup and use. The brains behind the UI.

Cons

This is being a bit picky, but I am not big on the graphics / design of the UI...it works really well, though I am just used to simple Linux-type UIs--utilitarian. BRICs UI is on par with the mainstream HR / PM / Enterprise products...I personally am just a little old-school.

Automatically Calculating Project Profitability

Reviewed on 2018/03/17

Pros

Bric helps my managers understand the profitability of projects. Too often project managers and salespeople lose sight of what drives profitability. Bric brings finances back into focus.

Cons

They need a mobile app. My team spends a lot of time on the move, and a mobile app would be a big help.

Kyler V.

I initially heard about Bric 2 years ago, & have followed the company since. Great people & product.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

It helps me manage my time, and use the time I invest more efficiently which is really important to me.

Pros

Display. Interface. Efficiency.

The product does exactly what you want it to and allows you to free up your time in some areas (takes work off the plate) and allows you to be more efficient in other areas (freeing up time for solving the actual problems).

Cons

For the most part I think they do a good job adding features to the product and enhancing it in areas that may have room for improvement. Any time I'm on the site I have the chance to quickly talk to someone, so they seem to have a great interest in feedback and do a great job with support.

Bric helps me keep everyone on task and the team on budget.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Bric has great customer support. I chatted with Hunter during setup, and he gave me tips to help me make the most of the Bric system.

Cons

I wish Bric had notifications to remind people to track time. I also wish there was one page where I could see all of my tasks

Daniel C.

Great for project tracking of hours.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic. One of the best things about this software suite is they keep adding new feature to help better manage my time.

Cons

It takes a little bit of time to figure out where everything is at, but once you do the ease of use because incalculable.

Landon R.

Bric's combination of project management and analytics tools sets it apart,

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

The software is very helpful for planning, coordinating, tracking, billing, and reviewing projects.

Pros

The data analytics and the built-in timer.

The data reports Bric provides, e.g. utilization rates and team members' work-schedules, make important but time-consuming decisions much quicker. The other tools I've used do not provide high level reports that are nearly as useful.

And, Bric's timer is simply a better way to record billable hours than manual data entry.

Cons

I'd like more ways to access Bric besides via a browser. The website is good, but native desktop and mobile apps would be great.

Jason S.

Time management software is a must for professional services

Reviewed on 2016/09/09

In my line of work, managing resource's time is the key to managing revenues and understanding how to increase revenues.

Bric is a great SaaS application for doing so.

The interface is clean, easy to understand and requires very little training for those managing their business. The same can be said for the user's experience in Bric.

Bric appears early in it's lifecycle, so the features are lacking of comparable PM tools, however, that can be spun as a positive, because I personally feel that those more mature PM tools become to complicate and the hurdle to user's using them become high and the system is not used then, which defeats the purpose for using them.

The value for the money is great, the benefit of visibility and reporting on my resource's work far out weighs the monthly cost.

I have not had to use customer service yet.

Pros

Easy of use, clean interface.

Cons

If you are a very large organization, with more complicated PM needs, this might not be ready for you. However, if you are a sub-group in a large organization that needs to do better at tracking time, this would work for you.