Continue To Give Reviews

Continue To Give

Mobile giving & tithing platform for churches & nonprofits

4.5/5 (141 reviews)
Scott L.

Continue to Give. A good value for the money, but confusing to use.

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

While I like some features of Continue to Give, some areas will give users (both donors and donees) a pause.

From a donor point of view, giving to a missionary or church that has a link to a donor page is a breeze. A form pops up and the donor can give online. The service sends an email documenting your giving and the site has a report that will show you your giving history. However, if a donor goes directly to the Continue to Give site, they will be very confused and lost. Maybe the donor shouldn't be going to the site directly, but the option exists to create an account as a giver. Once the account is set up, there is no direction as to what to do next.

From a donee point of view, the service has some nice features. I manage a missionary organization, and the ability for donors to give to support a particular missionary is a benefit. Again, the reports for donations are very helpful but sometimes inaccurate. My biggest problem is when the report says an ACH donation has failed when it has in fact gone through.

My other peeve is in trying to match individual donations to the batches that are posted to our bank. I export the giving transactions and mark the individual giving to match what came into the bank account. Between having to look up ACH vs CC batches and multiple batches in one day, it can be quite a chore. The recently added batch reporting helps, but that report can't be exported and only shows one day at a time.

I will say that the support team for Continue to Give is very helpful and responsive. They have assisted me with any issues I have had in short order.

Overall, I have to say I am pleased with Continue to Give, even with its shortcomings. There is no donation service quite like it, especially for missionary organizations. Reporting is good and the integration with a church/missionary website is excellent. I've not used some of the features that are available for churches (like the kiosk and mobile apps) but they look very well thought out. And the pricing compares favorably to other methods I have looked at. I would recommend it.

Pros

Reporting.
Integration with organization website.
Communication to donors.

Cons

Confusing set up for organizations and missionaries.
Reconciling donations to batch bank deposits.

7.0/10
Michael W.

Very Surprised with Customer Support after Failed Attempt with Another Similar Company

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Online giving, text giving, ACH giving. We are trying to reduce the in-house workload that mailed checks mean to us. This software will help a great deal!

Pros

My review has more to do with newbie customer-support of the folks at Continue To Give.

About 2 months ago I signed up with a different company to handle our online-giving needs. I had a question for them, so I created a ticket. It was an easy question: Can I upload a CSV file to your online software to create the various projects we need. I received a message back the next day that said that I could create as many funds as I needed to. I tried to be more specific with the question. It took 21 days for them to answer by way of their ticket system. I decided not to put myself through what I knew was going to be a bad relationship and I canceled the account. Then I found Continue to Give.

The Continue to Give folks are amazing. I am a new customer, but they have been very active in answering my questions, bulk uploading projects, and making sure that their forms work on our WordPress website (even adjusting the code a bit to see that they look right on my pages!) We are just starting .. with no public contributions yet.. and these folks have probably spent hours working with me.

All I can say is .. if what I see from customer service as a newbie is anything like what I will see when we get thousands of dollars of online contributions coming in .. I am going to be so happy!

On a side note: Most online giving systems allow for up to 3 projects to be funded with 1 contribution. There is no limit with this software!

Response from Continue to Give

Thank you for your review! We enjoy serving you!

Bev H.

Only one tiny change needed

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

We are a small non profit and our IT guy suggested Continue to Give. We've been using it about 6 months and so far it's been just great. I love that we get immediate notification of donations and our donors love the immediate receipt that is generated. That's great for us too because with just a small staff we don't have to worry about getting receipts out to donors. It's done! The only change that we wish is that we had the ability to customize it a bit. For us personally it would be nice if we could have recurring donations set so there is no option of putting in a preset end to the donations. People would always have the option to go in and stop their donations at any time but we would rather have Continue to Give suppose the donation will be ongoing indefinitely. Instead most of our donors think they have to set a stop time so most choose 12 months. That will cause us to have to re-recruit them after a year. Other than that, this is a really great system at an affordable price.

Pros

The immediate notification of donations. I was on the phone talking to a friend who was going to send us a donation and while we were still on the phone I got the notification that she had made the donation. It was nearly immediate! I also love the fact that it generates a receipt to the donor.

Cons

As I said in my review, and I probably should not have put all that in the review (feel free to shorten it) I wish that we could customize it so that for our organization our donors didn't have the option to set an end date. They could still go in and stop it at any time but putting that end date in their seems to encourage donors to plan to stop giving after a certain amount of time. So donors end up setting it for a year which means we have to go back and encourage them to renew their donation each time. Just makes it easier for them to stop.

Michael W.

Good Company to Work With

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

We have a form on our website (actually, connected to the CTG site) that makes it easy for our donors to give online. We then download weekly the donation details in an Excel spreadsheet and import them into our in-house donation software. Pretty easy!!

Pros

I have been impressed by Continue to Give's listening ear. They are not so large that they don't listen to suggestions that might benefit the software and not so small that they can't make positive changes! Also, I had been searching for a number of years for software that would make taking online donations easy AND allow Excel exports of the data so that we could load it into our in-house financial software. This software is great!

Cons

The only con I have is that I didn't learn about this software sooner!

Response from Continue to Give

Thank you, Michael, for your review and for being a part of the Continue to Give community! We are so happy to hear Continue to Give is helping your company, especially when it comes to your online donations. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else from us!

John B.

Feature rich - but not intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

We transitioned from using PayPal over to Continue to Give. Overall, we have reduced our transaction fees and increased the use of online giving dramatically.

Pros

Lots of features - ability to set up recurring transactions that allow you to split your giving to different funds.

Cons

Less than intuitive in how things are set up - making you guess how to accomplish certain tasks.

Response from Continue to Give

Thank you, John, for taking the time to review Continue to Give! We are glad to hear that Continue to Give has helped reduced your transactions fees and increased your online giving! We are sorry that it was less than intuitive in terms of setup. We are constantly perfecting our software and working towards making our setup more intuitive.

We so appreciate your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or comments.

Phil P.

Continue To Give Is a Great Giving Portal for Online Church/Religious Non-Profit Organizations

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

Continue to Give offers many easy-to-use options for setting up online giving for your church or religious non-profit. These include: giving via credit card or bank account; one-time or recurring gifts; contributions or payments for events/other non-contributions; giving via website, tablet, mobile phone, or kiosk; unlimited giving designations, and the ability to list them in any order you desire; missionary designations that go to your account but show credit to the missionary; the ability to have separate web pages for each designation/event/missionary, so that they can be promoted by themselves, if desired; extensive reporting and exporting options; and lots more. The service is constantly being updated to offer more features, and customer support is very accessible and responsive to your needs. I highly recommend Continue to Give for your online giving needs.

Pros

Easy to use. Lots of options. Great reporting.

Ellie F.

We appreciate everything Continue to Give has done for us!

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

Great service! Abigail goes above and beyond. If she doesn't know the answer to a question she finds it our or has a solution.

Pros

Customer Service is right there to help when needed. You always get the same person so you feel that you have a partnership/relationship and they make me feel like they appreciate my business.

Cons

The reporting - when you compare records/batches with your bank records. I think they are working on a fix. :)
It would be nice to have the capabilities to create a store where it is a purchase and not a donation.

Billy H.

Non-techy Pastor that can still make it work

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

As the title shows...I am not the "techiest" of individuals, but even I can make it work. It has given our small church the ability to some what match what a larger church can offer in easy of giving. The text to give and website giving has helped tremendously. We now have over 65% of all funds come electronically.

Pros

It is very user friendly, and the customer support has always been first rate.

Cons

Making it through the initial set-up, but that still was not difficult. Because tech-support helps all the way through.

Response from Continue to Give

Thank you, Billy, for your review of Continue to Give! We truly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that Continue to Give is working for you and your church. We understand the initial setup was a bit tough to make it through, and we are always looking to improve our setup process. But, we are ecstatic to hear that our text to give and website giving has helped you tremendously!

If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Bryan B.

Continue to Give is a great option for churches/missions agencies looking to add online giving!

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

We have had a good experience with Continue to Give. Once it was set up, there was little more that needed to be done.

Pros

CTG is a great option for churches and mission agencies looking to add online giving options. Customer service was extremely helpful in getting us set up.

Cons

The platform seems a little dated. It is not as intuitive as I would like it to be and a little complicated because it is designed to meet so many needs. I don't know how exactly I would have them change things, but if it could be simplified and more intuitive.

On the plus side, they are very willing to help people learn the interface.

7.0/10
Joe B.

Nine months in and almost all good with Continue to Give

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

It has improved our ability to promote online giving for our non profit and the overall customer support has been good. We are still growing to learn to use more of its features but happy with the product

Pros

The giving side is very easy and the notifications are good

Cons

More difficult to customize thank you responses to different types of donations

Response from Continue to Give

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write Continue to Give a review. We truly appreciate your business! We are so glad to hear you are happy with the giving side of Continue to Give and are sorry to hear about the difficulty with customizing your thank you responses for different donation types. We are continuously improving our software and take every suggestions very seriously.

Thank you again for writing a review and for being a Continue to Give customer!

Andrea W.

Improvements

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Continue to Give listens to their users. They've rolled out several new features allowing organizations to better serve their donors, including a virtual terminal and the option to make changes to donor accounts at their request. I like that they are continuously improving and making it simpler to use!

Pros

The ability to assist donors by making changes to their donations & the ability to run a one-time donation through the virtual terminal without requiring the donor to set up an account.

Cons

For someone with a long term monthly goal, the "progress" meter doesn't really show an accurate picture of support that has come in. If you have it reset each month, it doesn't take into account one-time gifts and doesn't show each monthly gift until it's been processed, so the % is lower than your actual. If you don't have it reset each month, it adds monthly gifts each month, so it shows you at a higher % than your actual.

Jonathan S.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

They are great to work with, quick to respond, and support a wonderful easy to use product.

Pros

This application is very user friendly for setting up new campaigns and integration to our donation software.

Cons

Nothing is really disliked about the software.

Response from Continue to Give

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that Continue to Give is working for you and your organization! Thank you so much for being a part of Continue to Give and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need anything!

Continue to Give

Michelle K.

Great Option for Non Profits and Religious Organizations

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

Continue to Give software was one of the easiest to implement. It is very easy for users to navigate the system.

Cons

The reporting is the only area we could see improvement for our purposes.

Response from Continue to Give

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for your review of Continue to Give! We are thrilled to hear that it is working for you and that it is easy to navigate. We do appreciate the feedback on the reporting and we will definitely take your feedback into consideration as we are constantly improving our software!

Continue to Give Team

Daniel A.

Kingdom Way Ministries

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/11/29

As the President/CEO of Kingdom Way Ministries I have found the Continue to Give platform invaluable to our ministry.

The features below have been a game changer for us:

1. Adding new affiliate partners - we have established other non-profit ministries as partners that has provided them with a platform to raise funds for their ministry which has also helped ours indirectly.
2. The ease to set up various projects for ease of designated giving and for vision casting and highlighting the scope of what we do.
3. The ease of social sharing.
4. Giving goal visual bar as a great measurement for us and for our donors.

Pros

Being able to add ministry partners as missionaries to help advance their ministries and ours. In addition, I love the ease to establish new projects that our donors can designate their giving towards. This brings in funds that would otherwise not come in. A

Cons

I wish the event project option had a little more versatility by offering various ticket prices / options under one event page set up.

Lisa M.

Continue to Give

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Overall, having this option has been great to offer our clients.

Pros

I like that this was represented through my local bank. I know exactly who I am talking to when I have an issue as I can go through my representative if I would like to. Continue to give associates have also been very helpful. No question too small. Very friendly to talk with over the phone.

Cons

Some items are hard to understand. I have to switch between admin and regular; wish that I didn't have to do that.

Response from Continue to Give

Thank you, Lisa, for taking the time to write Continue to Give a review! We truly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you are overall happy with Continue to Give but are sorry to hear that some items are difficult to understand. We are constantly working on new software updates and reviews like yours truly help!

Luisking P.

Great tool to administer donations.

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Experience has been pleasant and awesome. They are always there to support and help with specific request.

Pros

Its compatible with mobile devices including tablets. Very convenient and reliable.

Cons

I wish I had found out of this service sooner!

Nick C.

Thrilled with CTG online contribution portal service

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2016/11/17

We're about to launch our new expanded website. We were looking for an online contributions portal service that offered greater flexibility in appearance, customization, and easy to apply in various configurations (i.e. website, social media, email, etc.). We found everything we were looking for with CTG. Plus, their availability for tech support and service is first class. They're easy to reach and eager to help with our projects.

Finally, the ability to tie various CTG portal to our different accounts is perfect for us, since we have a variety of projects and services that people donate to. CTG is excellent!

Bruce S.

We needed a trustworthy payment feature that understood our type of business. We found that with CTG

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

It has an API feature that works with our accounting software Aplos. And the return times for payment are usually within 2-3 days

Cons

That we have to pay for it LOL. But seriously, we haven't had many problems, I think the most challenging part is getting approved a lot

Michelle K.

We Love Continue to Give

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

We implemented Continue to Give several months ago to assist with recurring donations and one time fundraising within our church. The process to set up was very easy, the program works great, the ability to add projects for fundraising on the fly is fabulous. The support staff is amazing. We love this product.

Pros

The ease of setup and use.

Cons

Would like the software to have a bit more modern feel in the graphics.

Steven N.

Great site to funnel tax-exempt contributions!

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

The features of this site and mobile app afford those who give to customize their login and giving experience. I'm still trying to figure out how to access my end of the account on my mobile device, although when connected on facebook, it's super easy to look at what gifts came in. When I called, the customer service went above and beyond my expectations.

Pros

The ability to track the gift giving makes it easy to keep up on who gives as well as confirming when giving goes through.

Cons

I've only found it easy to access my itemized giving in my settings via facebook. I have not had success in doing so through the mobile app C2G.

Austin H.

Decent Auto Tithing Program

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

I have set up my account to automatically donate my weekly amount to my local church. I don't do much with the program after setting it up; I just receive the notifications that my offering has gone through. It is pretty simple, but using the desktop website seems kind of jumbled and not super easy to navigate. When in doubt, however I have contacted customer support and they were extremely helpful.

Pros

-Automatic deductions
-Timeframe query
-Feedback of successful transactions

Cons

Desktop site is not simple

Response from Continue to Give

Austin,

Thank you for your review. We recently updated the desktop version for donors. Check it out at www.continuetogive.com! We hope you enjoy the updates!

Paul O.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

I like the concept, and generally it works well once you have your organization loaded. But people need to be able to find us, or we will miss donations.

Pros

The customer service reps are friendly whenever you are able to talk to one.

Cons

Everytime I have called lately, I get a recording saying reps are busy and will get back to me in 24 hours. Sorry, but if I am having a problem, and my organization has disappeared from the search function, I want help now to fix it so donors can find us in the search.

5.0/10
Andrea W.

Great for raising missionary support!

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

I've only been using the service for a few months now. Overall it's a great way to collect both one-time and recurring donations from supporters who want to be able to give online. There's a few minor things that I'd like to be able to change (for example, when you display your monthly goal & what percentage of that goal you have reached, their formula treats one-time donations and monthly donations the same way, making it appear you are closer to your goal than you really are) but I've never come across something major enough to contact Customer Service. From a missionary standpoint, the dashboard is easy enough to use. I've had a few supporters who've had a bit of an issue setting up their giving accounts, but it may simply be a matter of them not being very familiar with online technology as a whole, rather than this specific site.

Response from Continue to Give

Andrea we have gone ahead and fixed your monthly goal display. It is now restarting every month. Thank you for reviewing us today and we are glad our service is helping you grow in your mission!

If you ever have even the slightest issue or questions you can shoot us a quick email at [email protected]

Jean M.

Great Service, Effective Product

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

We've used Continue to Give for a little more than a year, and it's made giving much easier for those who are e-savvy. I'm the treasurer, and I've found the reporting to be very helpful, and easy to keep track of who has given what. The product is continually improving, which is an extra bonus.

Pros

Easy for givers to setup and give

Cons

There are fees, but someone has to pay for development. You're paying for a convenience.

Michael B.

Continue to Give great value!

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Our church uses Continue to Give and we have seen our online giving increase fourfold in the last 10 months. It interfaces well with our website and also gives us the flexibility of a giving kiosk on site in the church foyer. We have never had any problems with the service and highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use and record keeping.

Cons

I have no negative comments.