ProductPlan

Create beautiful product roadmaps with ProductPlan.

Mitko V.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool for creating product roadmaps, collaborating and sharing them with various...

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

I'm completely satisfied with ProductPlan as a tool for creating short, or long term product roadmaps. It was very simple to set up, and administer among our large team of Product Managers. No training was required, and whenever we have some question, their representatives are always available to assist us. I would strongly recommend this tool as it's super simple to use, with some great UI and graphics, making the tool very easy to use, read and understand by anyone.

Pros

The tool is easy to use, can aggregate multiple roadmaps into one master plan in a nice and compact manner that's easy to read and understand. I also like that it's an online tool, so now download or install is required.

Cons

Some of the editing functionality can be finicky for users.

John I.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great Product, Strong Company Backing

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

I’ve been very happy with ProductPlan, both as a software package and as a company. Marketing emails, for example, often carry real value with documents written by product professional about different aspects of Product Management. I don’t feel like ProductPlan wastes my time—either in its software or in its marketing—and I’m extremely sensitive to such things.

If you’re a Product Manager trying to make heads or tails of a product or set of products, and it’s important to be able to get buy-in quickly from your management, this is an excellent product for you.

Pros

ProductPlan is feature rich and has everything that a Product Manager needs to see not only the detail view of any given project, but also the macro view across all of his/her projects in a rolled-up view. Additionally, the roadmaps can all be exported in a Board-friendly format that is easy to digest without having to do anything extra.

Cons

I really have very few issues or concerns with ProductPlan. Stretching, I’d say that the method of weighting items to determine/drive value looks complex to use, but I’m only saying that because I haven’t sat down to do it yet. So many of their features are first-blush obvious to use that this one looks complex in comparison, but if that’s my worst problem? Forget about it.

Matthew F.

We love ProductPlan, using it every day to manage our Software Product initiatives (Epics &...

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I use ProductPlan to communicate, coordinate, and visualize business goals for our business. This allows for Stakeholders to see the 50,000 ft. view while simultaneously keeping the Design, Development and Quality Assurance Teams focused and on-target. Our JIRA Epics and Stories integrate with ProductPlan via daily, or instantaneous, sync which count story points and/or number of stories per epic, allowing us to glance at a percentage of Epic completion at a glance.

More than just a Gantt Chart, its a superb, integrated web application that helps keep our business focused. Customer services is awesome and they have worked with me a number of times to help solve and understand how to best use their product in tandem with JIRA.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, integration sync with JIRA

Cons

Scaling of gantt chart bar height (extremely minor issue) but that would help with showing the charts on monitor screens which don't allow for zoom-scaling.

Bobbi L.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Corporate transparency game changer

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Product Plan is has helped our team take our work to the next level by giving us a professional and easy to read layout. Hyperlinks are easy to share with updates and explanations from inception to implementation.

Pros

* Master Plan roll up
* User views based on tags so everyone can have a consistent message
* Easy to use interface getting us out of the excel nightmare
* Ability to share via web links

Cons

I had one bug with viewing a bar that i added and found out i had to reset my filters, which was not a problem. I messaged customer service and received quick and easy feedback to fix and avoid.

Jackie C.

Clearly designed by people who understand Product Management

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Provides a great roadmap visual to drive strategic prioritization conversations and decisions.

Pros

I love how simple it is to create visually pleasing Roadmaps that tell the right story for each stakeholder group. Product Plan has struck the balance between staying easy to use while also offering a ton of flexibility.

I've found this tool has been incredible helpful to keep all the business functions aligned and coordinated. The drag and drop capability on the timeline view facilitates our prioritization conversations. It's super clear when we are juggling too much and need to make tough decisions.

This is the first tool I've found that makes it easy to tell the full story of getting product delivered. It's not just Product and Dev that need to share Roadmap plans. There is a ton of coordination that needs to happen across Marketing, Sales, Services and Support to ensure a release is successful. ProductPlan helps me show those dependencies and track activities clearly. It's keeping the whole business accountable.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment. It's doing exactly what I need it to do.

Oleksandr T.

Software which maintains our productivity

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Pros

First of all, the quick start means a lot for any software, and ProductPlan has provided us with the ability to import data from, for instance, VSTS, Jira, or a casual spreadsheet to enable us to build a roadmap like in a brace of shakes. On-the-fly scheme of updating our plans from ProductPlan has impressed us with the ease of drag-and-drop toolbar and such structural elements as lanes and containers.

Cons

Besides the fact that ProductPlan is pretty simple in navigation, as well as its customization, we like that we can get the appropriate help from the vendor to make troubleshooting really fast and progressive. Of course, we wouldn’t mind if the vendor decided to add some new functionality in the present one, but we are completely satisfied with the current abilities.

Diego M.

Product wise it is fine, but potential security risk is too big

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

As soon as we discovered the security risk, we removed the integration.

Pros

If you are a manager type, that needs the charts, etc, it's great

Cons

Their github integration requires you to give them organization access, this is too wide, it means that is they get hacked, the hacker will have "write" access to your repository, not just issues or pull request, they can write and push code. This is a common issue with a lot of integrations, and requires ProductPlan to redo a big chunk of their github integration to solve it

Ian G.

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Peter R.

Great all around, trail was slick, training was useful and comms have easy

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

- Jira integration to track progress
- The fact that things can be added to the roadmap OR the parking lot is really neat
- The roadmap is a really nice presentation tool, but also useful in collaborative planning as it is easy/simple to use

Cons

I was really excited about the planning board, benefit and cost scoring table. We use something similar, but our approach is slightly too complicated to be achieved in ProductPlan, which is a shame

Ellen C.

Easy to use and intuitive

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I needed a tool to help define my organization's several product lines. This has everything I needed and allowed me to deliver the roadmaps on time - thanks

Eric T.

Good basic app

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

I have looked at a few product planning softwares and this was was straight forward and easy for us to use so we went with it

Cons

When adjusting blocks around, it can be tedious to adjust all of them when I want to edit one in the middle.

Arun J.

Product plan for product owners/ project managers

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

We have used product plan to track projects with milestone and timelines involving multiple teams. Its very easy to extend or adjust each task bar which makes it very easy to use and also to update stakeholders on the project progress.

Pros

The swimlanes are well built out which makes it easy to move tasks especially if you have multiple teams that you manage.

Cons

The scroll becomes slightly difficult to adjust to initially but you will get used to it soon. Overall the software is good to use.

Jim S.

Strikes the right balance

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

We use ProductPlan to actively manage our 6 month horizon

Pros

Simple to set up and map our processes on to the tool. Very compatible with our "two pizza team" approach to software. Good integration with JIRA and Slack which is important to us.

Cons

Initially, we had large product backlogs that caused some slowness, but these were fixed in later releases.

Caroline S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Project management in a simpler and more efficient way

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

With this software it has been possible to carry out the work flow management much faster and easier, in addition to the planning, collaboration and presentation of each of the business projects has been directed thus achieving deliveries without delay, as well as a great savings of time and money.

Pros

This software called ProductPlan has great aspects or features that make me like one of them is that it has an interface that is very easy to use, besides its access is very simple, it is only necessary to have access to the internet, it has a series of features like diagrams, flow management, project monitoring, labels to point out something important and also allows not only to achieve efficient planning but to show the project so simple and all thanks to its interface is very intuitive, dynamic and attractive so that any user can adapt to it quickly and the best thing is that the projects can be shared for visualization with colleagues, that is why this software is ideal to manage planning and presentation of projects in a simple way and very effective at the business level.

Cons

Its prices are somewhat high but considering that it provides the right tools and a very effective support it is worth the investment in this software, since any doubt or inconvenience is taken care of immediately which has avoided delays in deliveries.

John L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

So easy to get up and running and share your roadmap and product/project plans with others!

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Pros

So easy to learn and the features are very straightforward yet powerful. By far the easiest platform to learn and share throughout any organization - regardless of size - to collaborate on project/roadmap planning, and then to communicate those plans. Being able to share a "view only" version of your roadmap to those who are no ProductPlan users is a huge plus, and that same view can even be embedded in a wiki page or other collaboration platform. In addition to all that, being able to integrate with JIRA adds so much value, giving you up-to-date status on the implementation/engineering effort for your plan. ProductPlan is a win-win for every part of your organization!

Cons

Nothing to note at this time. All of the shortcomings we identified in the beginning were quickly addressed by the ProductPlan team.

Nicolas M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good roadmap software

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

We use across product teams and it has truly replaced PowerPoint so it serves its purpose and I recommend it.
Team seems receptive to feedback, although I have yet to see requested features actually implemented.

Pros

I like that it integrates with development software Azure DevOps to track progress of features we implement.

Cons

I think UI is in need of an overhaul to use modern UI/Angular framework.

Richard C.

Simple but effective

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Pros

The simplicity of ProductPlan is it's greatest strength - it's simple to get started and has just the right amount of features to be flexible without being limited

Cons

There is scope for further integrations

Dean R.

Great tool for the job but feels overwhelming

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

You can plan and work on any project from building a shed to creating software.

Pros

Has a ton of features, is a web app, has a great free trial without limitations, cc details and it's a full month.
Workspace design is simple and customizable, Product Plan also has an in-app tutorial which I found useful.

Cons

Too many features, I feel like there should be several user levels depending on what kinf of projwct you work on. Too many distracting things that require a lot of time to eithr master ot mark as unncessary.

Ruchir G.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

ProductPlan - the tool that ties up enterprise plans to team plans

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

It has been great. Working on the product has increased my efficiency as a product manager. Describing the product plan to teams and senior management has been very easy. This tool gives great features to balance communication within the organization very well.

Pros

Drill down and drill up features when collapsing work packages or expanding them. The features to share, export, integrate, and compare product plans are very helpful.

Cons

The integration is not seamless with tools like Rally. They however provide an open API to connect.

Charles G.

Good roadmap tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Makes it easy for a product team to share high-level roadmap items within an organization.

Cons

Clunky integration into systems like Confluence.

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Sports

Helpful but not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

- Easy to get started
- Lane, container, and bar system is simple and effective
- Sprint lines and milestones help to add context

Cons

The export functionality is too basic and does not provide a nice clear summary in many instances.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

Have not been using the software for extensive amounts of time but had some issues and the customer service is on point.

Cons

I have no Cons over the product as of now.

Janet H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Dynamic and easy to share road maps

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Very simple product, easy to manoeuvre and has made me look like a wizard in planning meetings!

Pros

When people evaluate software, they often want the one that help them manage everything in every conceivable way. This means complexity, training, and an inability to replace a resource without losing the plan and updates to it.

I like ProductPlan due to its simplicity to start using and ability to share dynamic views quickly with others. No training is necessary to quickly build a detailed road map. It also allows you to learn as you build, so you can quickly add new features or details without having to start building again. Often tools that help you manage everything as so feature robust, it is impossible to use all features without extensive use and training and then it’s impossible to show to others that are not already versed with the software. I also like the template road maps as they allow you to consider other details that you may overlook if you were to start from an empty page.

Cons

I did not like that I could not upload a spreadsheet to build an initial road map. I also would like to be able to assign budgeting amounts and be able to report on spends easily but that would add far too much complexity to this simple tool. It has also been impossible to persuade management to expand the use of this tool due to budgetary constraints and competitive purchasing rules. love the ease of sharing road maps and plans, however our security team does not approve of using open links without security, so it becomes tedious at times when a non-licensing members wants to share with more team members or others.

Nicole B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great tool to bridge the gap between the tech team and leadership

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Pros

I've used this at two different organizations and with a number of Agile teams. It has been invaluable in striking a balance w/Sr. leadership to see high level and longer-term plans, while also allowing the team to have an eye on what's in flight and yet to come. I utilize the Azure integration in my Epics backlog to allow for the automated progress completion percentage to update. In my role as a Product Owner or Product Manager, it's imperative to have a tool that allows for some level of self-serve and transparency to what we're working on and towards.

Cons

Wish the open space between bars on the roadmap would automatically be removed vs. having to shift all the bars up. I want the view to be as concise as possible

We use this software to score and rank software enhancements.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Organization and tracking

Pros

The ability to keep a main list of projects within the parking lot and score them in our quarterly meetings.

Cons

The road mapping portion is a little generic. When flagging milestones the icons are a little hard to recognize what they stand for.