HireHop

Equipment rental software in the cloud

4,9
4,9
4,8
4,7
Craig W.
Industry: Events Services

Simple and elegant cloud based rental management software

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Overall, Hirehop has made our lives so much easier. The swap was as painless as it could have been and their support is quick to respond and explain/fix any issues we had setting it up.

Pros

So much more straight forward and easy to use than our previous product.
Has some excellent features not present in other systems.
Can be used in a very efficient manner by small/medium companies looking to streamline processes.

Cons

There are a couple of minor things that we have learnt to overcome so not really significant such as a feature to be able to select a particular client contact for billing.

Sam G.

HireHop usage at Utopium Bristol

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Very positive user experience for both admin, warehouse and office use. The equipment tracking within our organisation has improved tenfold as the integration with existing process and third party equipment is faultless.

Pros

HireHop provides an intuitive and fast cloud based hire software that allows our business to function fully both in the office and warehouse setting and remotely when required.
We were impressed by the ongoing UK based support from the beginning of our demo and through the implementation process.
Migrating from other hire software was simple via .csv and the package offered more than enough functionality for our operations.

Cons

HireHop is constantly being developed and bettered so any missing features can be requested from support as they are required. Equally the team are happy to write custom script if needed and they run a constant beta of upcoming releases.
Everything we thought was missing upon initial implementation over two years ago has now either been implemented or was present at the outset and we missed.

Response from HireHop

Thank you so much for the great review.

We are really lucky to have you guys on board and have enjoyed working with you over the years, with hopefully many more fruitful years ahead.

Take care and thanks again

Ben B.
Company size: Self Employed

HireHop Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Quicker quoting and PO'ing process.

Pros

Easy to use, cloud based, integrated with accounts package.

Cons

PO's don't copy as a draft when repeating a job. No feature to remember a sub-hired in price for a regular item.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the positive review.

In answer to your cons, we have got in the pipeline to copy PO's and more to duplicate jobs, and we are looking at ways to remember sub-hire prices, however the latter has proved to be problematic due to other companies, as sometimes the sub hire price can be different for varied reasons. For instance, the other company could operate a 3 day week, your last hire was for 3 days and the new one is for 5 days. As HireHop doesn't know the pricing structure of the other company, it can't guess or calculate an accurate price. Also there is the matter of discount, special circumstances, weekend rates, etc., all of which make it impossible for HireHop to guess how a company you are going to hire from will charge. The last thing we want to do is to generate inaccurate information, thus this is still a work in progress to find a adequate solution, but rest assured it is on our radar to come up with one, and any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Patrick M.

Great affordable Rental Management System

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Since using Hirehop we have a clear view of availability of our assets across the company, which has greatly improved profits in busier times of the year where we heavily rely on sub hires. The extra functionality has also improved our workflow and overall quality of the equipment and prep.. with Pre-prep boxes, maintenance tracking and routine service reminders

Pros

Cloud based system is so intuitive and customisable, relatively easy to set up compared to other products previously used. We have over 20,000 assets across our branches and we were up and running in less than 6 weeks.
The availability planning functionality is very good for an asset management system, with ability to enable/disable a 1st come 1st serve system approach to reserving assets

Cons

We would love to cost values per line, for really accurate cost projections but other than that it really is great!

Andrew B.

Hooray for Hire Hop

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Hire Hop has always been evolving and improving. It feels good to know that as technology changes and improves we are working with a system that will follow that and keep us up to date, previous packages fall behind causing us to start again from scratch.

Pros

It’s user interface, it is easy to look at and train people to use in the warehouse environment. You don’t need to be a computer programmer to use it. Although it appears less complicated than other packages it still is a powerful package with many hidden features and interventions with other software.

Cons

Document editor, however the software has developer tools which slowed us to add our own customisation to meet the high demands we had for the system.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the amazing review.

We are constantly making the WYSIWYG document editor more powerful. We would love to get it as powerful as Google Docs or Word (maybe we are aiming too high), but rest assured, we are constantly adding little tweaks, we even did some over the last month. There is another major document editor update in the pipeline.

Take care, thanks again and hopefully speak with you guys soon.

Robert P.

Trafalgar Lighting Ltd

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Always been very good to me would recommend them for the customer services Always helping any questions I have over the phone to get the most out of the software

Pros

The ease of getting around also the seamless invoicing and been able to send out quotes quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Could be better with an app on the phone as the web browser on the phone isn’t easy to use

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.

We are currently working on an phone app and a more compact and limited phone browser view. The problem we have is that there is so much information available, we are having to find ways to hide data that all users will be happy with, so that it doesn't clutter up a tiny phone screen that also needs larger fonts. For example, we have some users that regularly have over 1,000 items on a supplying list. With a larger font, it takes them ages to scroll through the list, even with the expanding and collapsing of trees.

However, we do have the ePOS system which is about to be released that enables job creation, etc. and is really good on smaller devices as it hides some data. This will be available for free to all users.

Timothy S.
Industry: Events Services

Great software & service. cannot ask for anything better!!

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

this is the best rental mangement software ive have ever used. i have used 4 other software and they all have stuff i dont like but Hire hop is the best, it has everything i wanted and more.

the costomer support & training by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has being more than impressive

Pros

ease of use and the visual aspect doesnt look cluttered.

Cons

havent found a issue yet!. no problem at all.

Billy S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Hiretrack

Excellent at all times.

Pros

The software is cloud-based so makes access easy from any location for our users.

Cons

Standard reports are great, some new fuller detailed reports would be beneficial

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.

Please give us a call regarding anymore reports you feel might be beneficial as we add new reports quite regularly due to suggestions from users. Also it's always good to talk with you guys.

Simon B.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Awesome

Great.

Pros

Easy asset management. Quick overview of where your gear is located and current condition.

Cons

Overview of all projects/jobs. I would like to collect data on how much certain items has been used on different projects. Different options to collect overall data.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.

There is a report called "Stock Utilisation" that tells you how much different items of your stock have been used. You can then drill down to see what jobs have used them with a graph showing you the frequency over time.

We are also really happy to look at adding more reports, so if there is something else you need and feel that others would use it, please tell us, as we add reports due to users suggestions quite regularly.

Jeremy L.
Industry: Entertainment

Hirehop great for rapidly growing company

Reviewed on 2018/11/10

Great, reps have been phenomenal, quick to answer any questions and they love the feedback I provide and development recommendations.

Pros

The simplicity of it packaged with how in depth you can go. The quality of the quotes we deliver to our clients, calendar integration, packages, autopull and barcoding are the main features.

Cons

no offline use, which I understand as its cloud based, but as I fly alot it would be nice to be able to access or use a cached version or something, but its a minimal loss.

Response from HireHop

Thanks J for a great review.

We are working on a solution for offline use, unfortunately we are limited by current browser technology. However, more and more planes are installing on-board wifi, so hopefully the network blackout while flying will soon be a thing of the past.

As HireHop is cloud based, working offline has its workflow limitations, for instance, when adding stock to a job, being offline means you have no way of knowing its availability in real time, changes from other users can't be seen when you are disconnected, etc. You can however load jobs in the browser tabs and use them as a snapshot read only, which can then be updated when your computer reconnects to the internet. Also, when on trains, etc. you can always tether your computer or tablet to your phone.

W S.
Industry: Entertainment

Best and easiest I have used

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

I've been told I over do things, so when it took me 2 months to methodically go through all the software available to manage equipment hire for rental companies, people that know me were not surprised (probably why my boss gave me the task). I have to say that HireHop is hands down the best and was the clear winner for us, it even has features that I never knew we needed that no other software has (email storage and viewing on jobs for example).

I work for an AV company with 12 employees, with one main warehouse and 4 other locations (in venue), each manned by one man. We class each of these "venue's" as a depot location and it works perfectly for this, especially as it is cloud based.

I was dubious about the cloud at first, but when I discovered how secure, scalable and robust it is, I was turned, considering Microsoft, Adobe, etc. are all moving their products to the cloud and all huge businesses are following; and as they know better than me, they can't be wrong. Our last system was on our own server and started to cost us a small fortune to run, adopting HireHop has drastically lowered our IT costs and made our whole operation far more efficient, it even drove new business our way with its online equipment directory that's free for all users.

I went through it myself and then got a demo that showed me advanced scanning features, like how you only need to scan a box as the system knows what is in them, the subcontractors and purchase order system, the unbeatable email integration, projects, billing, hire and sales stock management, etc. I must also mention that the form designer is like nothing we have ever seen before, it is so easy to use and we have been able to make amazing forms that I found no other cloud system was capable of doing due to the layout, their limitations and their complexity.

Adopting the HireHop software to manage our AV Hire Company has been one of the best choices we have made.

Pros

It is cloud based, easy to use, full of features, everything we need, they manage all backups and security for you, free support, it has lowered our IT costs + loads more.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

Response from HireHop

Thanks guys for such a great unexpected review.

S. L.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Amazing software, best I have used

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

I run a film and TV rental company with OB trucks, packages of kit as well as hiring individual items. I have tried and struggled with other rental software, including PC and cloud based ones and just found them limiting.

A large company that I sometimes sub-hire from, I noticed that their quotes were far better presented and arriving far quicker than they used to, I got intrigued and they highly recommended HireHop to me. They had just switched from another really well known PC based system.

Dubious at first, I was pretty impressed and then after calling support with a question, they talked me through loads more features that absolutely blew me away.

Some great features are:
* How I just scan a barcode on a box and it scans out everything inside it automatically as the software knows what's in a box.
* It automatically adds necessary equipment to a stock item and suggests others items in the correct proportions, even after changing quantities.
* Sending beautifully formatted emails with the ability to add quotes into the email or as a PDF attachment, as well as add attachments.
* The emails I send from the software are addressed from my email address and get stored in my email program's sent folder, as well as on the job they relate to, so that I can view all job emails within HireHop.
* Saving quotes and the amazing copy and pasting in the quote, between saved quotes and even between jobs.
* I can create simple quote lists or organise them into an organised "File and Folder" like structure
* The schedule and diary for each job
* The stock checking and asset management features are amazing and simple.
* The system syncs with accounts packages as well as calendars like on my iPhone, so I can see in my iPhone or Google calendar when I have a job
* The document editor is so simple even I can use it. It even has loads of templates for you to use.
* The barcode features are in a different league to all other software I tried.
* My equipment doesn't need to have barcodes, infact mine is a mixture.
* The PAT testing reports are a life saver, so many times I get to site and they want a PAT test report of all the equipment on-site, now it is just a click of a button to email a certificate over to them
* Very easy to use

There's loads more and I keep stumbling across some new feature or new ways of doing things all the time.

Pros

Easy to use, amazing asset and stock functionality, email integration, syncing with other software, barcode features, free support, free marketing of my stock, the list goes on and on...

Cons

I didn't find out about it sooner.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for such an unexpected review Steff and thank you for all your input.

E S.

Moved to this and wow

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I had previously used 2 other popular products, in a nutshell, this made them look like toys. It does stuff none of the rest do, like email storage on jobs, pre-prep, amazing auto pull features and the synchronized scanning between computers just amazed me and my partner (there's loads more stuff as well). It basically does everything the rest do, but better, plus a load more.

The email integration is incredible and something I have never seen before. I can send emails with attachments or with merged documents in the email message or as attached PDF's and they all come from my email address. Not only that, but they also appear in my email "Sent" folder. I can store, view and reply to emails from within the software. All you do is just drag and drop the email from your email program onto the job, and that's it. I forgot to mention, your sent emails are also saved on jobs (and projects) as well. Its like having an email program for each job.

The synchronized scanning (or checking in or out as they call it) is just mind bending. Me and my partner check items out for a job together, but don't want to share a computer, I use my iPad and he uses a PC. When I scan or check something out, instantly (and I mean instantly), it decreases the necessary quantities on my iPad and his PC at the same time without him having to reload the page or anything, it all happens live, apparently we can use any amount of devices. Not only that, we can also print PAL labels for boxes that shows what's inside each box.

The product is cheaper than others and far better (I can't stress how much better it is).

My only sort of negative comment is that I had to get used to it, but it is far easier to use than my old software that took me 4 months to get the hang of.

It also has features I didn't even realise where there, but when you speak to the support (which is free by the way), they usually tell you about them. However it sort of adds to my day when I find another cool feature, like today I discovered that by simply dragging and dropping an email attachment onto my desktop or into a folder, actually downloads it to there. Yesterday I found out about barcode commands, being things you can tell the software to do just by scanning a barcode.

This system seriously sets a new standard and I can't praise it enough.

One word of advice, trying it is free, but call them after like I did as when they demo it, you see so much more and solutions to problems you had.

Pros

Easy to use, does stuff the rest don't, drove business my way (so far I have earned more from them than I have spent), the stuff it does that the rest do it just does better, the price, free support, basically it is just far better than the rest (and I have tried them all).

It is so good that I have just spoken to a very large and well known sound company that I sometimes cross hire from, and discovered that they are switching to it, apparently so are a number of other big players in my industry. If they are switching, you know it's because its good and not because of the price.

Cons

Nothing really apart from having to get used to it, which by a week myself and my partner were fine. BTW, I'd just like to point out that I took just a couple of days, my partner took a bit longer as he is not very I.T. savvy.

Response from HireHop

Thanks Sound Tech, I remember you from Plasa.

Alex R.

Flexible Rental Software for a Fast Moving Industry

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

We manage several thousand assets that are seasonally rented to around 40 productions. They all leave the warehouse within the space of 30 days and return within an equally tight time frame. Therefore we were looking for a computerisation system that would aid the control and checking of our workflow, whilst being easy to implement, easy to learn, could work with multiple concurrent users and would allow seasonal workers to be added with a minimum of cost and hardware.

Before selecting HireHop we ran demos of several of the market leading inventory management and rental software solutions. There are several packages to choose from, including several that have been tailored to the entertainment industry. HireHop quickly stood above the rest as it has been specifically developed by people who have worked in the hire/rental side of the entertainment industry. Therefore some of the processes have been designed to match the workflow, rather than having to change the workflow to match the processes and caveats of a computerised system.

More and more software is becoming subscription based (as opposed to outright purchase of a licence). As part of looking at various software packages we calculated the initial setup costs as well as the ongoing running costs. Had we purchased licenses for an alternative piece of software outright, we would have also needed to purchase a server and when the support period ended we would have needed to purchase additional support. The outright purchase of a licence also tends to have a limit in terms of how long you can get free updates before you need to purchase new licenses for the next version of the software. HireHop is web based on a monthly subscription, therefore we had no server purchase costs, it can be accessed from a low spec device with internet access and a web browser, we have ongoing support, ongoing updates and we can add additional users at any time for a short period (e.g. a busy month).

HireHop manages to pack a lot of functionality into a clean and easy to use interface, the support team have been fantastic at talking us through any queries and every time we talk to them we find out about another piece of functionality and way of doing things. In addition they will take requests for additional functionality with a view to implementation in order to better the service.

If you have come across HireHop, I suggest that you take advantage of the free trial to see what it can do for you!

Pros

Great customer Service.

Ability to add additional users quickly and easily (without high licence costs).

High reliability/uptime of the web servers.

Multiple users can concurrently check in/out a job.

Auto generation of paperwork (PAT reports, pack sheets, etc.).

Paperwork can be customised both through the web interface and with an HTML editor.

Easy to enter equipment/data.

Has the option of using it to promote your equipment for rental.

A failure of IT hardware in our warehouse (power, internet connection, computer terminal, etc.) would not cause us to stop working as we can log in through the web browser on our phone/4G dongle.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of, we have come across a few minor things in use, but this has been down to us trying to do something bizarre or unusual. The team at HireHop have been on hand to talk us through things to work out what we have done and bring us right back to where we needed to be.

We have just sent a big job abroad and the carnet documentation required serial numbers for assets. The system had no easy/obvious way to add the serial number to the auto generated paperwork. A quick phone call to HireHop and half an hour later the required fieldset had been added and I was able to use this to create a custom paperwork template that would generate a list of items checked out to a job along with their barcode, serial number, description, PAT and service status. A con quickly became a positive. This level of support really makes me glad that we chose the software solution over the alternatives.

Response from HireHop

Thanks guys. We are proud to be able to work with such a well known, established and respected company like yours.

Luke H.
Company size: Self Employed

Built by a hire company for hire companies

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Its been good from beginning to now....

Pros

How easy it was to set up and use ! and that is has most documents you will need to start all ready to rock ..

Cons

How to create custom document templates and the look of it

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the great review.

We are looking at alternative ways of creating a custom document and making it more intuitive, however if you do want to create one, please just call us and we will either do it for you or steer you in the right direction. The documents are just standard HTML5 with full CSS and JavaScript compatibility, so any web designer can make them look extra special.

Regarding the look of HireHop. HireHop is software so we made it look like software. We originally tried the pretty look, but this came at the expensive of being less intuitive and links all over the place due to how much HireHop can do. However, we have got some new themes coming soon.

Take care and hopefully speak soon.

Will G.
Industry: Events Services

Reliable, customisable and great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

We've been using HireHop for three years now, we've never experienced any downtime. We now use HH to manage our entire event process from quoting, invoicing and purchasing. With the new accounts engine, the integration with our accounting package has made this even better.

Cons

There are a few areas that the work flow could be improved but they are only very small.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.
Glad you are happy with the software.
If there is anything you feel that could be improved regarding workflow, please tell us, and if it is something that many users will benefit from, we have always been very quick in implementing users suggestions.

Markus W.

Rental planning made easy

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

Easy to use and great costumer support. It’s made with AV-business in mind.

Cons

The onboard mail client need improved stability to prevent lost connection with user’s mail server.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the great review.

Regarding your concern due to lost connection with your email server. This has been resolved, as if the connection is dropped, you now have the ability to try again or re-edit the email and then send it again, so the email won't get lost. If you need any help if it happens again, please call support and they will talk you through the various options.

Take care and all the best

Jon N.

1 stop, hirehop!

Love it!

Pros

I can access stock, provide a quote and book a job from anywhere with 4G..., the check out/in process is simple for all to follow which has almost eradicated errors, the new Xero integration has saved so much time once the job is done.

Cons

Only my knowledge is the least thing I like, there is a way for you to do anything required with HH, just ask [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and it will be done!

Ben M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

Great features, easy to set up and use, integrates with my accounting software

Cons

All was good. Easily transferred over from my old software.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review, and glad the transition went well.

Kevin M.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Its been a revelation to our company the best assest management system we have implemented and we've tried a fair few over the years.

Pros

Easy to use and great support from the team. Adapting to our specific needs has been an easy process and now feels like our system.

Cons

A few functionality issues but nothing that causes any concern as you'd expect from any complex system.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the great review.

Please feel free to speak to support about any functionality issues or suggestions that you may have, as 9 times out of 10, HireHop does what people need, it's just they haven't discovered how to get there.

Take care.

Graham P.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

NW Roofbox Hire Ltd

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Excellent, great aftersales too, always available when you have an issue

Pros

Easy to implement, great support (always there at the end of the phone or email when you need them) and pretty intuitive

Cons

The search function isn't as comprehensive as we would like and the availability display is a little cluttered

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.

Please feel free to call support with suggestions you you have regarding the search. We welcome ideas as this helps us make HireHop not only better for you, but for others as well.

The availability view we tried to spread out as much as possible, however we have many users (especially the larger ones) with thousands of lines of stock, and they need to see loads of information on hand. However, again, if you do have any ideas or suggestions, please contact us, as so often a user has an idea that we implement really quickly, thus we really love feedback as it helps us improve HireHop.

Tom J.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredible software along with an Amazing support team

Reviewed on 2017/03/11

We've been looking for a long time to find a cloud based system to support our 50+ users and 3 locations. Nothing on the market met our needs but more importantly as we explored the alternatives none of the hire system providers were particularly interested in listening to our needs.

This is where Hirehop are different.

Within minutes of talking with them it was obvious that they were prepared to listen, open to suggestions and their support team guided us through the process of migrating our database across.

The features Hirehop offers are fantastic, From the drag and drop abilities of the supplying list to the comprehensive stock checking module, the workflow has been properly considered and just works really well.

A good software package is one thing but finding a company with great software and great support is another. I would highly recommend Hirehop. Give them a call and they will provide a demo system and then software experts (not salesmen) to support you with training, getting you up to speed.

Pros

Great support,
Fantastic Features

Cons

To be honest nothing.
If we have found something we don't like then we have been able to share our thoughts and Hirehop have provided solutions.

Response from HireHop

Thanks Tom,such a pleasure for us to work with such a respected company.

Jon C.

hire hope review

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

this has saved me hours on quotes. paperwork. it just creates from my templates in a few clicks. and half the templates are even done for me.

Pros

this software is simple to use. customise.

the times ive had questions ive just emailed them and they get back to me very fast

Cons

I'm not completely sure how to input all my pat test data in. but that could just be me.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for a great review.
Please contact HireHop's free support and we will be more than happy to talk you through different ways of uploading your test results data or how to manually enter them, whichever your preference.
The support is free with your subscription, so please feel free to use it.

Joe M.

Outstanding

Very positive

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, excellent integration and customisation and top drawer customer support.

Cons

Nothing at all. We’ve used and tested many other platforms and this is by far the best.

Response from HireHop

Thanks for the amazing review.

Always pleased to hear from you guys and we are really lucky to have you onboard.

Take care and hopefully speak soon.

Bryce P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Does everything we need it to

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

We have 10 locations with up to a couple hundred CPAP machines that go out on hire. We were using Excel Spreadsheets to try and track everything and it got way too hard and too messy. Hire Hop was the best value solution for us after looking around. Very well priced and great setup service.

Pros

The dashboard makes it easy to see how many hires we have out in the market and also which ones are overdue for each of our locations. Tracking the history of each device is also really helpful and the agreement templates are really easy to customize.

Cons

Lack of a free SMS reminder module when we first implemented the software. Haven't checked back in to see if this is now available.