Susan M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Many changes, all for the better.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

If you need a good resource, that is not just going to YouTube for training videos this is right for you. I have been using them for 4 years, but at a hefty increase in price for years 4-6. They will say its all about how much added content they added and new platform, which is true, but for those who joined when they were much smaller are saddled with the high cost now they are growing.

Pros

The quantity of the training courses is immense and it is always growing. The platform changed a few years ago, so they aspire to do great things to make it easy for a company to integrate the training both culturally to your company as well as satisfy regulatory compliance. The online chat is very easy to use, and the help you get is always quick and spot on with your issue. The quick videos for things like MS Excel and other software training work great for the medium to advanced user, so you can see a good video on that specific issue without having to plow through a whole session.

Cons

The platform changed two years ago, which was tough for my admin users to get the hang of it, as they were provided training on the new system, but the old system still controlled some of the features. This caused much confusion in my company. The support folks think that I have hours to work on the system, learning and trying new things, but the whole reason you use a third party vendor could be that you do not have time to spend on the system. The consultants call, schedule follow ups and all it does is make me frustrated that I do not have time to do 'homework' on the system. My biggest complaint is that the price was reasonable for my first three year contract, then they increased the price which I just called and told them to forget the contract. They ended up working with me, but the services were very truncated to get it to a reasonable price.

John G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

There are none better!

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

1. overall training management for the enterprise; 2. robust platform that is rarely down--dependable; 3. Large-company capability for small-company price--great value; 4. Responsive management team that has partnered with me over the years; 5. Top-notch Customer Success Manager, Melissa Hebert. Without Melissa we would be much less successful.

Pros

It is robust--there are features and benefits that make it flexible, responsive and dependable. It gets better and more refined each year.

Cons

There are still some kinks where improvement can be made. The external training process (request, approval, monitoring) is not transparent and it is cumbersome, for example.

Heather S.
  • Industry: Printing

BizLibrary enhances our training program with great content and an easy to use platform.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Pros

BizLibrary is a well rounded solution. The content is up to date, the platform easy to use and the support team uses client feedback to make improvements. The BizLibrary team stays on top of current research and helps clients deliver the best training available.

Cons

Some aspects of the system are still clunky on the admin side. I know this is a work in progress and look forward to fully updated functionality throughout the site.

Kasie T.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Love BizLibrary

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I really enjoy discovering everything that is in BizLibrary. Constantly making new discoveries and finding the things I am looking for in there. It's so much fun!!!! Someone will ask for a particular type of training and I will almost always find something about that topic in BizLibrary.
The service is so helpful. No pressure, no demands. Help when you need it, suggestions when you don't need anything.

Pros

Number of topics, the level/quality of the videos.

Cons

The price. I would love to buy licenses for everyone and let them loose in BizLibrary but being a government agency we just don't have that kind of money for videos yet (hopefully we will in the future.)

Matt M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great people to work with!

Reviewed on 2016/04/11

Pros

The reps seem to truly care about the clients, and do what they can to give them the best product possible.

Cons

The product is not very customizable. Particulary the UX is cumbersome because there are so many options available. Even if you don't need specific buttons/options, they are still shown.

Marisa S.

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Thanks bizlibrary

Pros

Let me start by stating bizlibrary has is nothing but pros great training course strongly recommend to anyone.

Cons

No cons defiantly a great software easy to learn. I cant think of a single con to write about bizlibrary

Sue P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Tons of learning sources available for you to learn in business world

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Save time and money to travel for an onsite class. Also, you can manage your own time to take the course during business hours.

Pros

There are plenty of video and e-books available for you to learn in many categories including IT, HR, Business, etc.

Cons

May have to find the right course for you as beginner, intermediate or advance level.

Biz Library - Web Based Learning

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

I like the Biz Library is Web Based Learning that is easily accessible. The content is informative and applicable.

Cons

At times when searching for content it can get overwhelming.

Sarah R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best training offerings

Reviewed on 2018/09/01

Very useful for HR related topics

Pros

They offer the best variety of video/ webinar training related to my work. Great presenters and topics, which helps me get credits to maintain my certifications.

Cons

I like what they offer, and appreciate the email reminders of new trainings that are being offered.

Christopher M.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Software for team and Company Wide Training

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

This software is easy to use when our HR Dept. adds learning assignments and tips for everyone to see.

Cons

Getting to learn the site itself can be a little tricky to find everything but once you figure it out, its very easy.

Angela D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

BizLibrary helps structure our training content

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I feel that our LMS in BizLibrary keeps getting better! We are able to combine custom content with off- the-shelf content that covers just about any topic needed...we are finally able to create a paperless training program that allows us to be more consistent with onboarding and training at all locations that are spread across the country. The Certifications option is great because we can determine right away who has completed our training requirements.

Pros

It is easy to use: uploading and managing custom content is fairly simple and there is a large variety of off-the-shelf content to choose from.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting has too many options, which makes it a bit harder to search the right report.

Brandon G.

The Education Program That Allows Users to Enhance Their Learning Experience

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

I really enjoy my client rep. I've also worked with many folks from the support team. They are fast & responsive. BizLibrary offers users the ability to search and find subject matters that they are looking for by using an interactive search tool. Wonderful library of content, with a large variety type of classes.

Shirley A.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

New to Biz Library

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We are using in for several different business needs and the platform is flexible enough to accommodate our needs

Pros

We have been using the software for about 7 months and are still learning about all of the features. The platform is fairly user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

The reporting side needs some tweaking so that we can customize

Chris W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Lower cost content provider that's not ready for enterprise or corporate levels.

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

This system makes me wish I were an Octopus so I could give it 8 thumbs down.

Watch a demo, UI/UX is terrible. They have a lot of content and cost is the biggest perk to this system. It's cheap but you'll get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor before they lock you into an extended contract and negotiate a 90 day trial with them. Odds are they wont do it but if my warning isn't enough then see 1st hand how this LMS will make you swear under your breath...

Pros

It's cheaper than most and has a lot of content

Cons

Where do I start... As an Admin for the system at our company I've seen 1st hand how poor the LMS tools are.

You will find screens that aren't intuitive and wildly more complex than they need to be and still fail to deliver the information you need. Assigning content to multiple users requires you to use a separate system to build the curriculum. It's disconnected and problematic.

This system will cause you frustration and the UI/UX is could be a case study for what not to do.

Molly M.

Customizeable Platform for Multiple Domains

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I have had experience with BizLibrary twice. First, with an organization in the manufacturing industry. There we used the LMS for all employees. The LMS had intuitive reporting tools and training tracking. We were also able to publish customized content specific to our company. The amount of courses available on safety, wellness, and office environments was impressive. BizLibrary helped us stay in compliance in many areas.
The second experience I've had with BizLibrary is currently happening. Now in the IT industry, the needs and use of the platform is completely different than my previous organization, but it still delivers. There are many courses that provide credits for professional certifications that are useful for our employees. We utilize BizLibrary for a select number of users to provide specific career growth opportunities. These comprehensive programs have allowed us to grow staff in cross-functional ways.
The recently updated platform is mobile friendly and easy to use both for users and administrators alike.

Kristy S.

We Love Biz Library!

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

We implemented Biz Library about 3 years ago to launch a customer service/sales training program with our front line staff. They take 1 course each month and they love it! Managers love that it is easy to use and the training department loves the ease of assigning and tracking courses in the system.

Our rep at Biz Library is terrific in helping to grow and expand the program - she helps me with ways to spur interest in the system and creates all the flyers and marketing pieces to assist us.

Pros

Ease of use; quality of courses

Cons

It is expensive - it is worth it -but can be a hard sell to your Board of Directors

Mick P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Overall my experience has been good. The ease of acquiring assignment reports could be better.

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Pros

The variety of topics to choose from is very good and most of the presentations are informative. The presentations are short and to the point and don't take a lot of time out of the employee's work day.

Cons

I have to watch a course to determine if it answers our needs. Course summaries are insufficient.

Brandee O.
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Depends on the Biz

Reviewed on 2021/04/09

It was easy to use with a lot of basic and general trainings.

Pros

I think the LMS that BizLibrary offers is really easy to use and the tracking/reporting is great if you need to follow up on areas that need work.

Cons

I want it to have more learning options. There are a lot of great general trainings, but not for all more specific industry topics.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

BizLibrary - Content for Training

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

Great selection of content available from their own designers and third party, courses were sized/time correctly, user interface was great.

Cons

Not much, an even larger selection of content would be great by you can't fit everyone perfectly.

Sarah C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Fantastic Course Library and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

BizLibrary offers an extensive course library that enables you to prived options for everyone in your organization. The team keeps their content fresh, by releasing new content each month and retiring outdated courses as well. The team is also incredibly helpful and passionate about their work. My Client Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
is outstanding! We meet monthly to discuss how our company's training plan is going and what she and her team can do to support our efforts. We have a great partnership!

Cons

There is nothing that I like least. The content is easy for us to extract and load into our LMS

Response from BizLibrary

Sarah, thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with BizLibrary and your Client Success Manager! We look forward to continuing our partnership. Thanks again for your kind review. -Rachel from BizLibrary

Sandy R.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Biz Library fan in Wisconsin

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

The most provable ROI with this program is in the form of MS Office training, providing options for on-site training rather than spending the time and money sending employees to off-site training and all the expenses that accompany the effort. If this was the only training this program provided, it would be worth the investment. That being said, there are so many other hard and soft skills available for intermittent needs and personal performance improvement efforts. As an HR Director, this is not the first on-line program I have utilized, so I know from experience what the competition offers and how much greater value exists with BizLibrary. I have supported continued renewals of our contract based on not only the product, but the exceptional customer service and support after the sale. Top-notch company!

Pros

Ease of use. Short, potent messages when appropriate. Ability to stop the program and return when time is available.

Cons

N/A

Henry P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Training Manager

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

I have been working with BizLibrary for a couple of years now. The team has been very supportive of our program and have helped to drive us to be one of the higher rated BizLibrary users. The transition from the old operating platform to the new one took some time to get used to, but I like the newer platform much better than the old. There is much more functionality in the new platform, especially in reporting. Alex Manolis has been wonderful since taking over as our Client Success Consultant and is an asset to your company. The video quality has gotten better the last year or so. Many video's in the past felt like they had a 1980's feel to them, and this was conveyed to me by our staff and management. Many of the new video's have better production and content and many have comedy mixed in which I love. Overall I am satisfied with the quality and quantity of video's in your library and have a great support staff to help your clients.

Pros

Huge video library that is constantly updated, easy to use from the staff side, good reporting tools

Cons

Better platform transition training--webinars, video's on functionality of the new platform, etc.

Megan R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Clunky Admin Experience

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

My biggest gripe is that the admin UI is so cumbersome that I'm working weekends and need to watch videos to learn how to do things (as opposed to learning on own or reading instructions). I have manged users in dozens of other sites for years (and developed user management components for sites) and never needed to think so deeply. Most of my time in the system is spent trying to figure out if I have a bug to report, or if I simply don't know what I'm doing. It would be very difficult to go a long period without logging in and pick it back up because it follows almost none of the web conventions I'm used to.

Pros

I like that there's a rating system within the LMS itself and you can provide feedback.
Their support reps are very patient.
The interface is visually pleasing.

Cons

Content quality varies video-to-video, so everything needs to be vetted.

Administrative interface is clunky with:
- multiple page reloads/clicks to get to important settings
- display bugs that require users to refresh often (scrollbar disappears)
- random internal server errors
- user management actions buried under a subtle "Actions" menu,
- confusing or cutesy terminology that doesn't match conventions we see with other systems, which creates ambiguity (Learners instead of Users, Teams instead of Groups, Content instead of Videos, Direct/Indirect instead of "Inherited")
- confusing administrative capabilities written in CamelCase that are either too granular or are ambiguous (there are Privileges for "Content" and for "Learner," but don't see a way to make a global admin unless I individually add each capability in those categories... some of the vague ones "CanAdminTopics" "CanLookAdmin" "CanNews"... and if that's not confusing enough, if you edit a Learner profile, there are 2 more administrative-related options in there for "Learner is an instructor" and "Learner is a facilitator")
- tedious user management (see above, plus aforementioned "Actions" menu)

Response from BizLibrary

Megan, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear about your positive experience with our support team. We value your feedback regarding the admin experience and will share this directly with our team and your Client Success Manager. Thanks again for your review! -Rachel from BizLibrary

Anthony R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Fantastic !!!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Amazing resource for small businesses!

Pros

BizzLibrary is an incredible resource for our company, since we have been using BizzLibrary our efficiency in the office has increased dramatically.

Cons

I have very little negatives to say about BizzLibrary, I personally am not a computer wiz so it took me about todays until I got the hang of it.. Most of the office had the hang of it after 2 hours.

Mike S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

A comprehensive LMS system with great content

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

Pros

BizLibrary gives you a relatively easy to use and fully functional LMS with great content. The staff is always responsive and helpful. If you ask for recommendations they are very helpful. Both their usergroups and annual conference are very good. There is an option to add custom content that allows additional flexibility for my company.

Cons

The system will not let you delete anything, which has turned out to be a good thing in the end; but archiving data can be a little cumbersome for occasional users.