Wdesk

Joan S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Workiva Financial Reporting SEC Filing software

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

We have used the Form 10-K, 10-Q, Def 14 A Proxy and Section 16 filing, Form 3 and 4 software for over a year. I want to hug it every day. It is cloud based and easy to learn as it acts and feels like Excel and Word but organizes everything in one place. I want to hug it every day.

Pros

Cloud based, easy to learn, I was able to get certified in 2016 after their Annual Conference, lots of sharing through the blogs, Easy to follow help instructions on areas you only use periodically, Customer Success Manager is awesome and responds quickly.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Joy H.
  • Industry: Banking

LOVE Wdesk!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I love Wdesk! The product and support are world class. It streamlined our financial reporting process, as well as our documentation process, when we implemented the binder module. LOVE it!

Pros

I love Wdesk and the binder module. Customer service is fantastic.

Emily P.

Wdesk- Business Solution for Your Needs

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I've had great experiences with Workiva/Wdesk. They are always releasing new features to enhance the usability and are very open to receiving feedback. My customer service representative is extremely knowledgeable about the tool, best practices, and my company so that I get the best solution every time. The hotline is open 24 hours a day so even during crunch time, I know I can get assistance. The tool helps with SEC, regulatory, and internal reporting, as well as audit, presentations, data collection, you name it. If your company has data, Wdesk can help.

Karby N.

SEC Filing Made Easy

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Workiva has made the overall process much easier, from pre-cycle to filing. There is less stress about timing, input and revisions. XBRL has become manageable and dare I say, enjoyable. I know without a doubt if I get stuck and need help, my CSM will be there to guide and help. Workiva is a great product that myself and team find very user friendly.

Dana D.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Webfilings

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Webfillings has a lot of potential and works for us now but the overall the software is slow and we are not able to do everything we'd like with it and the new features do not come out very often. Customer service has always been great.

Pros

Everything is in one place and we don't have to download anything.

Cons

It is overall slow, and the features we want and that we feel should be basic and already included do not come out very quickly. We would like it to be more trackable, to show completeness and also use it for external tracking. All of the tracking features that are included do not work for us.

I have used this software for SEC reporting for seven years and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

What I like the most about wDesk is that it is user friendly and makes SEC reporting a breeze, without having to deal with EDGARizing. Creating a document is as easy as using a Microsoft Word, if not easier. I have started to use wDesk for regular Word processing and not just SEC reporting. The table creation and data linking is also very easy to use. Their Help section has very easy and clear instructions on how to do everything and if you need additional help, their Customer Service is always answered by an actual person in the States without any wait time.

Cons

Around due dates for Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, the website does run a little slow. This is not a big issue, but I always try do my filings earlier in the case that there are any website issuers. For example, if possible, instead of filing a Form 10-Q at 4:25p, I will begin filing at 4:10p just in case. Usually the delay is not longer than a few seconds, or a minute or two tops, but with the increase in usage of wDesk you want to make sure that your filing is processed and accepted by the SEC on time.

Candace H.

Workiva the Wonderful

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

After multiple years of using Workiva and working with the Workiva staff, I continue to be more and more impressed with the quality of the tool and the responsiveness of the staff.

Pros

SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy, S-4, correspondence, etc...) management reporting and any other large/complex document that needs to be prepared on a collaborative basis or will be rolled forward for future versions.

Cons

Some limitations to Excel formulas

Natalie S.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wdesk is the Best!

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

We have had such a wonderful experience with Workiva! From ease of use to great customer service, we know that we are in the best of hands. It is such a relief knowing that reporting and filing will be a seamless and stress free process. Keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use, especially XBRL tagging

Cons

Not a lot of art/creative options. Difficult/annoying to work with JPEGS, etc, because there aren't a lot of editing options.

Maggie L.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The customer service could be better

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Pros

The software is pretty easy to navigate and not a complex software.

Cons

The users from my company had a couple of access issues and they were not able to help timely to resolve the issue.

Laurie B.

Implementation is a Breeze

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I've used Wdesk for nearly 6 years at two different companies. Getting started on Wdesk is a breeze and the learning curve on using it is short. Their customer service is great and fast. Their professional service team makes XBRL a seamless process. I would recommend Wdesk to anyone for SEC reporting.

Pros

Ease of use, no more pencils down, great customer service.

Cons

Challenge to bring in new documents that don't need much editing or any links, just need to be filed with something. Formatting can be cumbersome for little benefit.

Eric M.

BEST SEC software out there!!! Hands down!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Better product, cost savings, increased efficiency.

Pros

The system is user friendly and the support is awesome. The Workiva team is always looking to make improvements based on actual feedback.

Cons

I have zero complaints - I actually insisted two companies that I started working for switched over to this software - which not only save time and made our product better - but it was less expensive than other company we were using.

Kristin M.

Managing SOX nightmare, there are better options

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

The linking is great for version control. The certification process is easy to use and manage the outstanding certification. The groups allow an easy way to manage permissions except in the database.

Cons

There is no workflow that enables a control/narrative to flow through for updating and review that is not manual. RCTS that I used in 2003 had better functionality to flow control from one user to another, only allowing the user that had a role in the current status to update. This is a basic of all SOX tools I have seen except WDesk. I need to report where we are in the process and I can not do that with WDesk. It is very manual and many steps are duplicated throughout the system. Once you set up a user, they should be able to be selected in the role drop down, without having to reset them up in another section. Once a group is set up, it should be able to be utilized throughout the system without having to reset it up for a certification.

Barbara W.

Good Product, Good Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

We started using the Workiva platform for our SEC filings five years ago and have been happy with our decision. The software is easy to understand and use. In addition to the various built-in controls (e.g. linking which ensures that values are updated everywhere they appear), we are big believers in the use of check figures and have set them up everywhere possible in our Workiva workbooks. Overall, this software provides a nice balance between handling things ourselves and having the support of experts within easy reach. This has been especially helpful with the XBRL process, which is performed primarily by us, but with help from Workiva staff when we have a particular problem. The system also allows for last-minute tagging additions/changes, which are sometimes unavoidable. The Workiva product development team is interested in and responsive to customer feedback, which continues to make their applications better and better. We are always open to looking at other solutions for our reporting needs, especially to keep costs down, but so far this is the one that continues to impress us the most.

• Industry: Accounting

Best SEC filing tool!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I have the step by step filing steps make filing very easy especially during SEC deadlines.

Pros

I found that that this filing software is intuitive and has all the functions you need. The most useful feature is the version tracker. It automatically creates beautiful red-lines and can can compare between any version as necessary.

Cons

Learning the software takes time and with practice it does get easier. However a learning curve does exist and it does require some training to be able to use the software as needed.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent software for the creation of financial reports.

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

Pros

Its interface is very familiar, it is easy to use, since it uses many functions of the Office 360 ​​family, such as Word and Excel, it is very useful for users in the finance areas, since their simple tasks from the beginning foment a certain experience in several fields, what stands out is that in a financial document can be modified by more than two users at the same time without damaging its operation and, finally, the most important thing as an IT area manager is the support provided by Customer Service of the tool.

Cons

In my IT staff season, I could notice a total liking of the users so I do not generate any contra to choose this software, you can use it in your company without any inconvenience.

Jesse B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Grass is greener with Wdesk

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Wdesk is a dependable, collaborative financial reporting platform that is supported by a dynamic accounting software company with a culture of continuous improvement. We made the switch to Workiva two years ago, and I can assure you the "grass is greener" on the other side.

Sandhya C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Essential resource for SEv Filers

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

With a very small staff, I succeed in filing on time, every time with Wdesk and the awesome customer support team at Workiva.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to master

Cons

You wish you could learn all the features at the get go.

Alex D.

Workiva - All Around Home Run

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I've been using Workiva since 2011, and I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Navigating through Workiva is a breeze and their customer support is fantastic.

Anna W.

So user friendly! Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

The WDesk software is incredibly user-friendly and the customer service and outreach team are phenomenal to work with!

Sarah M.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Excellent reporting and compliance solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

This application is surely recommended to those who have daily tasks and also great workload to handle.

Pros

I like the interface of the product because it’s quite unique and it helps me to build task list and also too much my data into various sections according to my need. Moreover, it has some task management functionalities that help me to build task list from the required data and documentation I always prefer this application because it’s helpful and also kind of my type.

Cons

It helps number of people to work in the form of a group with the good collaboration skills. It is giving the best services and let us face anything wrong.

Robert M.

Save Your Money

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Horrific

Pros

Nothing. It makes obtaining reasonable assurance more difficult than it needs to be.

Cons

This software is terribly painful to use as it is not intuitive. Testing of controls is extremely cumbersome as WDesk and Microsoft Office programs are not compatible. For example, the print area of an Excel file must be made before uploading into WDesk. If this is not done, a 5 tab Excel file will become a 40 page file in WDesk. Also, you cannot see the formulas in Excel in WDesk. It is very difficult to obtain any kind of assurance if you cannot check the accuracy of the supporting documentation you are being provided by the business. I would highly suggest that Workiva contract with a public accounting firm to get an idea of what is required in order to be compliant Sarbanes-Oxley, how external and internal auditors perform their test of controls, review workpapers and so-forth.

Another issue is the lack of a drag-and-drop feature. In order to put the supporting documentation to the appropriate control, documents must be added one at a time. The business cannot perform a mass upload and then drag and drop the supporting documentation to the applicable sample request. This wastes a massive amount of time for the tester and the business.

At my previous position, the internal auditors and the business used SharePoint for providing documentation and for testing, and it worked perfectly. I do not have experience with Blackline, but my colleagues say it is a much better program than WDesk.

Kathy H.

Wdesk user review

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

I have used Wdesk for almost 3 years and love the product and the customer service. The old process my company used was a Word document with Excel tables that was very cumbersome to turn over each quarter. Additionally, it was very difficult to maintain data integrity when one number was used in multiple locations.

With Wdesk, flipping a document is a simple process. I update the date page information, and every date in our document is updated. The linking feature in Wdesk has eliminated our concerns about data integrity when one number is used in multiple locations, and when a table is used in both the footnote and in the MD&A sections.

The customer service has been incredible since the first meeting with them. During the initial set-up process they were always available to help both over the phone and using a Webex meeting. At this point, I dont have many questions, but my customer service manager contacts me every quarter to see how things are going and she completes an Edgar review of every 10-Q and 10-K before I file! The professional services manager that handles our XBRL is also very attentive. We always have a meeting at the beginning of the quarter and one towards the end. You always know that they are there to help you!

Every year they have a TEC (The Exchange Community) conference. This in an incredible opportunity to learn about new products and to speak with Wdesk developers about what changes would help your company. Many of the new products and updates come from customer suggestions! They also have training classes during the conference to help you build skills required for various types SEC reporting. I attended one TEC conference and took advantage of their XBRL classes.

Pros

Very easy to use. Produces quality documents. Excellent customer service.

Cynthia K.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Can't imagine Financial Reporting without WDesk

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

WDesk is the most important tool we have during reporting season. Being able to have a large group working on the same document at the same time while avoiding issues like version control, number inconsistencies, files crashing has made our lives so much easier. WDesk continues to add new features and it is great to see that a lot of them come from real customer feedback. If you have an issue, they will find a solution.
Lastly, their customer service is amazing. I've had great experiences with our CSM, XBRL support and their 24-hour support.

Pros

LINKING!!! Having all my reporting documents in one place. the 24-hr support.

Cons

I wish I could add an approver to a certification after sending the letter out.

Kalynne C.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fortune 500 Companies must invest in this software for successful financial reporting!

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

More efficiency in work day on a daily basis. I work for a very large and complex publically traded company and we would never be able to function as successfully as we do without this software.

Pros

The ease of use and customer service. All features are very intuitive and if you run into any issues you can call the cust service anytime and a person will always help you solve your problem.

Cons

Its expensive. I would love for every department in my company to start using it but they always hesitate because of the excessive cost. I think trial periods would be very beneficial.

Logan S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent tool that helps me making reports

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Also this product is a huge initiative for team management and collaboration on different levels as well. Highly recommended tool

Pros

I would like to add in this product are its simple user interface is so much attractive and appealing that I can easily work on that without any hesitation. I am a satisfied user of Wdesk and completely happy with its all services.

Cons

I trust this product because it’s reliable in order to make my documents secure. I have nothing for cons it is going well.