NextGen Office Reviews

NextGen Office

4,0 (1 255)
Empowering our clients to make healthcare better

(1 255)

Kiara
Kiara
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Medical Records/ Information

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

Overall, I love using this website for medical information and record updates. I love being able to schedule appointments for my kids and I, it makes it really easy. NextGen still needs a little work but overall, its easy, accessible, great way to communication with healthcare providers, shows your medication and so much more great features.

Pros

I love that we are able to schedule our appointments online. I like that we are also able to see our medical records and other information about myself and other family members. I also really like that its easy access anywhere you go. I like a lot of the features on the site.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the software is the communication on scheduling and communication between a healthcare provider can take long to 2 days or more.

Monica

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

I think NextGen is more user friendly than patient friendly so depending on your needs, it may not be the best system for you. The overall system is extremely clean and easy to navigate. There is a lot of customization and features that you can add in and take out as needed.

Pros

NextGen is by far one of the easiest EHR providers to use. It is extremely user friendly and straightforward. One of my favorite features is how you can set access and abilities for each user and their specific role/responsibilities.

Cons

While I love the clipboard to easily drag and drop appointments, I wish the system showed the original appointment in the patient chart and that it was moved. It happens sometimes but not usually and it would be helpful to note that the appointment was moved. The patient portal and documents definitely need work as they don't always work to their complete functionality.

Dalton

Limited Customization & Difficult Corporate Team

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

I would not recommend working with this company/software. There are numerous options in the market at comparable price points that offer superior products.

Pros

Provides standard EMR and Practice Management functionality. If all you're looking for is a simple EMR to track your patient encounters, this software is a decent option.

Cons

1. Extremely difficult to transfer from other EMRs to this system. Beware that there will be a lot of manpower needed in order to get you up and running unless you're willing to pay expensive migration rates.
2. Account management and customer support teams are unorganized and inefficient. Often you have difficulty finding somebody who can answer your questions.
3. The pricing is based on a per physician basis. If you have a provider leave your practice/company, you are not allowed to terminate prior to your next renewal date. You could be left with significant fees for unused licenses if your company has any turnover. Their team offered no flexibility with fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

EpicCare and eClinicalWorks

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Office

We outgrew P2P mostly due to our desire to bill insurance. The NextGen sales team showed the robust features of the software. Unfortunately, they did not display the difficulties that come withe using this product.

Reasons for Switching to NextGen Office

The cost of NextGen was less that the others. We did not factor in the additional features that come with ECW or Epic. Either would have been a vastly better pick for our company due to the desire to customtize the account to best fit the needs of both our patients and providers.

Be prepared to train your employees forever!

Reviewed on 2018/11/10

Pros

I like that there are two distinctive sides to this software: Practice Management and the EHR. This makes everything difficult though when learning it for the first time. It really breaks up what would be a fairly daunting task of switching to this system. I love that patients are able to register their information before their first visit-- this makes entering in new patients so much easier and faster.

Cons

You can only do some things through Practice Management and many others through the EHR. When admitting new patients I have to toggle between the two and often have to have several browser tabs open while entering in patient data. It took seemingly forever to figure out what kind of profile employees should be on-- should we all be administrators or not? We found that some permissions were not granted if everyone was not made to be an administrator and vital abilities were lost to some employees. After learning this system for about a year we are still figuring out ways to work with this system a little better. It is not intuitive and it is difficult to learn. There has to be a better system out there when switching to Electronic Medical Records.

If not for the reports, all would be 5 stars

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Customer service was fantastic when this was Healthfusion. Then NextGen came along and decided to cut staff, outsource and shift everyone to a website for service requests and complaints. The "Success Community" is a farce, your requests rot there until you escalate them or call in asking why they haven't been touched. The various departments no longer communicate very effectively. The people that are still employed there are great, but spread entirely too thin.

Pros

Fully intergrated. No uploading, no downloading. You enter a claim and it sends when you save it. ERA's are there daily without having to retrieve them. Everything comes to you.

Cons

The reports module is hopelessly complicated and not written for the laymen. You will either need to pay them to write custom reports for anything you need beyond the pre-made reports, or go through lengthy training and lost of practice to understand their system.

I used NetGen as a biller for a large medical group

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

NextGen let us easily accept electronic charge slips, then electronically bill primary and secondary claims, and finally accept 835 files for electronic posting on all of the major carriers in our state and many of the smaller ones. It is very user friendly.

Pros

It was easy to use with about 3 different ways to do the same thing. Some might call that "redundant" but it meant that many times I didn't have to leave the screen I was working in if I happened to need to do something like request a charge review or queue a claim to bill.

Cons

It was difficult to attach a new insurance to past dates of service. Not impossible or hard, just tedious. It would be better to have a "mass change" option.

Faizan

Claim Processing

Reviewed on 2022/09/17

We are very happy with this web based software you don’t need to have have internet connection access to use. Even you can use for slow connection or small practice too

Pros

Creating a charge is just a matter of clicks with nextgen office

Cons

submission of charge is very easy and post a refund is also not a tricky job you can do with simple step but nextgen need to little bit improvement for color theme

Ryan

NextGen has been improving in the last few years in terms of functionality

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

The SQL database is great, easy to get information out of. Reporting is very strong

Pros

Nice suite of features, they are continuing to add new features through aggressive mergers with 3rd party software and starting to focus on value based care.

Cons

The templates can be rather clunky and they look dated. It's also a bit slow compared to other EMRs I've worked on/with.

Lisa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Good office tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

Tracking appointments, updating patient information and EHR were all easily managed and integrated.

Cons

Scanning in insurance cards and identification cards was a very slow process. I wish it was more efficient in that sense. A patient backup holds up the whole office flow.

• Industry: Animation

nb review

Reviewed on 2023/04/25

Pros

Offering a suite of features, including appointment scheduling, electronic health records (EHR), billing and revenue cycle management, reporting, and patient engagement tools. It is easy to use and can be customized to meet the unique needs of different medical practices.

Cons

The length of time it takes to receive a response from a customer service representative

Jon

Shady ethical practices

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

In order to get my auto bill pay to stop I had to change my credit card number. NextGen would not stop extracting monthly payment from autopay that I had established years before. This company made a great deal of money from me for the years and the parting thanks was an exit gouge for all the money they could get. I spent many hours in discussion and in correspondence with the company to resolve this issue. Each person with whom I spot expressed understanding but said they didn't have authority to made the decision of turning off the automatic billing, even though I wasn't using the product. They acknowledged that I did notify the company but I notified the "wrong" department.

Pros

It was accessible in the cloud. I was able to free text fairly easily.

Cons

I had to nag my regional representative to get a response. He acted like he just didn't have time to help with issues. I needed to archive my records because I was retiring. My rep and the technical backup team from NextGen did not speak with a different department (billing). The billing department felt that I should given earlier notification in order not to fulfill a yearly billing cycle. It became apparent to me that the various departments don't communicate with each other. The billing department could have honored my telephonic and email communications that I had with two of their other departments and simply closed my account in a month or two. They chose to stiff me for a complete year of billing.

Deidre

Reviewed on 2012/02/29

We are a single physician clinic in rural Texas. My physician is also my husband, and he is a board certified Family Practice osteopathic physician practicing in the same clinic for almost 30 years now. Our clinic is busy, and my staff is small. Employees are cross-trained in medical assisting and clerical duties and often cover each other depending on patient needs and/or staff absences. Having MediTouch PM software has given me a peace of mind, regarding patient care business needs, that I never had with prior computer programs. The system gets the insurance information correct and the insurance forms completed so much better than anything I've used in the past 15 years or more.

I have less missed charges thanks to the patient page showing the listing of a patient's office visits. If the charges have not yet been entered, there is an "ENTER" beside the date just waiting to be clicked. This better assures the correct dates are posted. Staff uses the recall options to follow up on patient care and schedule future appointments with less chance of letting a patient slip by without follow up. The Electronic Remittance Advice documents are wonderful - no more paper and everything in one place. The search options allow us to go back to anything as needed. Automatic posting saves time and frees staff for other tasks. At present, we are operating with one less staff member as when we first began to use the system.

As the physician's manager and wife, I appreciate that I can work on this day and night (for better or worse) without being tied to the clinic building. I am here at my home desk completing this review right now. I can finish posting claims, follow up on denied claims, generate and print statements all without carrying home boxes of papers. Having the data for both management and health records stored off-site is a blessing to me. The constant fear of system crashes and failed backups is over. I do not have the burden of upgrading to newer and more powerful servers at the clinic, but can use money to by better single computers that can connect with HealthFusion remotely and not to a central in-house server system.

I am still learning many aspects of the system, and anything not yet learned is entirely my own fault as HealthFusion has improved the training materials greatly over the past year. They are now easy to find and access. My time is all that needs to be planned because they have done everything else for us. Reports are available if I want them, too. I have seen our clinic income increase; payments come more quickly and less error thanks to the MediTouch PM system. Whenever I do find areas that I think need attention, the customer service is quick to respond and have taken my suggestions into implementation on a few occasions. They are very personable and professional whenever we call, although I tend to use email when possible. The replies are quick and complete.

We signed up for the programs in November 2010 based on promotional programs that were offered via the American Osteopathic Association. We didn't jump in to actually using the product until the following June when e-prescribing was required. If I could go back, I would have started the programs' use much earlier. I was simply afraid to jump in and leave our old systems behind. To my surprise, the transition has been easy. Thank you very much for the chance to share this experience. I do not mind providing more details if needed.

Saeed

Dermatology Office Using MediTouch's HealthFusion for nearly 1 year

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

In 2015, I spent countless hours reviewing/sampling one EHR after another to find a good fit for what we needed/wanted in an EHR. We were moving from paper and wanted a cloud-based solution. As a dermatology office, we absolutely need the ability to document patient's skin findings on a diagram. HealthFusion was one of the few that gave this ability and even allowed us to upload our own images which we have designed for quick easy use. Most dermatologists will utilize a more derm-specific product such as Modernizing Medicine's EMA, PracticeStudio, etc, however, another criteria we wanted in our EHR was something that was truly platform-independent and browser-independent -- could work on a ChromeOS computer, a Mac, a Windows machine, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. Again, MediTouch's HealthFusion EHR & Practice Management product provided this capability while other derm-specific products did not and continue not to. We also do our billing in-house and wanted a robust billing product. MediTouch is their own clearinghouse which is a big benefit so when there are issues, we don't hear from our vendor "Oh it's a problem with the Clearinghouse", instead MediTouch customer service tells us "Oh we need to fix that". Customer service is overall very good - it is here in the United States (Pacific Coast which is our local time zone) and available relatively quickly. So why not five stars? Well, the EHR itself is not designed very well for a specialty-specific practice like ours so we went through a process of customizing it for our needs. We are happy that customization was available however it was a daunting and time consuming process. While the EHR system allows for some meaningful use and PQRS measures it does NOT collect data for specialty-specific measures so it's basically useless for our PQRS/MU/MACRA reporting needs. Which is very unfortunate and might force us to move to a derm-specific product.

Pros

Platform-independent (works on ChromeOS, MacOS, iOS, Android, etc.)
Browser-independent (works in Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc)
Cloud-based with no need for specific hardware/software in-house.
Local to our time zone (Pacific) with U.S. based customer service
Clearinghouse is in-house with the vendor
Speed of operation - there have been moments when the cloud-based

Cons

Lack of specialty-specific Meaningful Use, PQRS, and MACRA measures
Need for heavy customization for the purposes of documenting specific scenarios (specialty or otherwise)
Extra components within standard documentation unnecessary for most specialties
Integration of PM and EHR could be a bit better

Kevin

Don't waste your hardwork or time trying to use or implement.

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Beyond terrible. Do not waste your time

Beyond terrible. Do not waste your time

Pros

None. Beyond bad. The other programs are much better even with some frustation. This is easily the worst.

Cons

1. Nextgen customer service for implentation is an absolute joke. I had spoken to so many different employees and none seem to know what they are doing. Common answer to questions and you are placed on hold while they ask someone else or transferred to the next employee.
2. Difficult to set up. Eclinicals, practice fusion, and athena got it right. Next gen is so wrong. If you are going to make it difficult to set up, maybe have employees trained how to use your program.
3. After about 3 years of using the program and trying to put up with the short comings, I had switched EMR programs. Boy, did I forget how much better my life is with out Nextgen. I can leave work with records completed. Other programs are just so much more efficient.
4. Just when you think you are out of the Nextgen trap. They will hold you records hostage. I was served a subpeona to request for a medical record, patient sueing an employer. I requested the record for 2 weeks and still have not received the record. I had missed the deadline, now probably in contempt of court.
Please save your sanity and choose a different program.

Jennifer

NextGen has been easy to learn and has grown with the changes that occur in the medical field.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

We transitioned from paper charts to this EHR. The process was challenging but nextgen navigated us through all of the ups and downs it takes to get through scanning paper records and training staff. We have improved all processes since the initial implementation. We have from scheduling on the front end to the billing and statements on the back end we improved those processes. We took our antiquated tickler tab system for prior authorization of our outpatient surgical procedures and moved it to an electronic way to tracked, authorize and then schedule procedures. This cut down on any procedure being schedules before it was approved. This help improve revenue in the long run. The benefits of patient portal are still being realized. Patients can communicate with office staff on their own schedule. After implementing online billing and payment options our payments on account have increased a great deal.

Pros

The ability to track authorizations using tasking and worklog as patient portal and how the messages easily populate into the front desk inbox. Patient portal can easily route the messages appropriately. And last, the ability to customize it to the needs of our specific practices slash specialty!

Cons

The ongoing upgrades although I know that is necessary for any EHR. Also there is no "reschedule" option for appointments. You can cancel then rebook and look at reschedule history but I personally like a reschedule button then follow the sequence needed.

Kay

How I spent my summer vacation OR Why I like my Nextgen Software program

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

I am satisfied with this program. I would prefer something that I could just speak to but that version of dragon is much more expensive.

Pros

I chose this software because it was designed by physicians, specifically osteopathic family physicians. It is organized in the traditional SOAP format so it is intuitive to most of us. It took me a little while to get comfortable with moving around in it but it is second nature now. I like to freelance my subjective paragraph and it's easy to do. Pull down's appear as if you didn't actually listen to the patient. The tech support is outstanding. I can call them and they are always helpful and very patient with a physician who may not totally understand every nuance of the program.

Cons

In the Rx number of days section, there needs to be a 5 day option, z-packs are 5 days and a 3 day option. Yes, I can type it in but I'm lazy. And if I type in an inhaler for 90 days, it has a problem allowing me to just send three inhalers. Same with BCP's.

Phillip

Reviewed on 2013/05/14

I've always been intrigued with the idea of automating as much as possible in the doctor's office. In addition, I am very compulsive about the quality of clinical note that I write. Over the years this has created circumstances where I would get behind on my documentation simply because I didn't have the time to write a quality note until the weekend. I have spent a very large amount of time off work on completing these charts.
I saw MediTouch at a Texas Osteopathic Medical Association meeting and was fascinated with the scope of it's abilities in practice management and medical documentation and the relative simplicity of its use. The reasonableness of the cost was also attractive to me, particularly after going home and calculating the amount of money I spent on printing, mailing, and licensing fees for my checklist medical record system which I was using at the time. I was amazed to find that it saved me $1500.00 a month by a conservative estimation; not to mention improving the accuracy of my insurance filing, and the turnaround time of my payments.
The responsiveness of the people at HealthFusion is also quite good. If there is an issue, there are multiple ways to get in touch - including after-hours emergency contact ability, which I have actually used once on a Sunday night. My problem on that occasion was resolved almost immediately.
Implementation was a major learning curve as we did it on the fly (as we had been encouraged to do), and while this was extremely trying, it did speed the implementation process along quite well. The fact that the training program is on the Internet and easily accessed is quite good; although, as a constructive criticism, the training program actually could benefit the user if it were streamlined and changed from the format of hour-long lectures.
I love walking into the treatment room with an iPad under my arm and not having to leaf through six-inch thick charts to find last year's laboratory work or an x-ray that I need to compare to this year's.
I really love ePrescribing in the patient room to any pharmacy in the country, and knowing a call back will not occur because the pharmacist can't read the prescription. The first year we started using the system, I was on a Mediterranean cruise and refilled some prescriptions using my iPad from a lounge in the ship because I could.
As for my documentation compulsion, I dictate personalization nuances into the available visit templates in MediTouch using Dragon NaturallySpeaking (which I have been training for over 8 years). I walk out of the office with all of my charts done, and all of my insurance claims completed almost every day.

John

Powerful But Steep Learning Curve

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

NextGen is a very powerful and highly customizable EHR and practice management suite. It is especially handy and speedy if you have it hosted on premise along with a powerful server for SQL. With the right expertise, NextGen can be customized to exactly how you want it to behave. The interface may look a little dated at this point but functionally it is very good. You may also want fairly beefy PCs since the fat client is resource intensive. Having a NG trained expert (or power user) on call/site is extremely helpful as well to get the settings, auto-flow, and templates setup correctly for your practice. NG is really good for medium sized practices as it can handle multiple practices, providers, and specialties all at once. Some setup tasks can be repetitive (and should really be fixed) but once you get familiar with it, and can stomach the licensing costs, NG will serve your practice well as a long term EHR.

Pros

NextGen is vastly powerful and has lots of feature that are either built in or can be added.
Good SQL performance.
Flexible and customizable.

Cons

Steep learning curve, onsite SME highly recommended.
Expensive licensing
High server and PC requirement to get the best performance

All hat no cattle

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Support is, for the most part, responsive and diligent. But the reason NextGen was chosen was because it was customizable. As time goes on, NG is moving away from that and toward hard-coded standardization. This makes it much less appealing as its pros begin to be outweighed by the cons.

Pros

The practice management end of NextGen is great. This means consistently good checkin, billing, collections, and AR processes.

Cons

EHR tends to become more of a mess as time goes on. Instead of fixing glitches and even critical known issues, with each release comes new features that we didn't ask for.

EpicCare

Reasons for Switching to NextGen Office

Customizability and cost.
Cecilia

Reviewed on 2012/07/30

We are a solo Family Practice. MediTouch is our first EHR system and we saw about eight demos before choosing this one. We loved the PM portion, but were not sure about the EHR. Since MediTouch does not require a long contract or huge start up fees we decided to give it a shot and started using it about 2 months ago. The doctor is still learning to use it and we have installed Dragon naturally speaking for him. The medical assistant's portion is pretty easy, they got it quickly and use it for vitals, medical history, family history, allergies, and social history portions. They have minor problems, like smoking use, it has the option of how many packs per day, but not how many single cigarettes per day. They also document chief complaints, but we are still working on customizing them. MediTouch comes with every possible question you can ask for all sorts of complaints so we have to go in to each individually to select the questions that your doctor would want. If you don't customize, you cannot just leave questions blank or it will not save in your encounter. It's a bit time consuming, but this way you get only the questions that your doctor would ask.

As far as the review of system, physical exam and so forth, our doctor has been dictating wherever he can. He is not a great typist so he prefers doing it this way. We have saved his negatives so that he just goes in to change any problems. This saves him a lot of time, but he's not using it for every single patient yet. At the beginning, the doctor thought it wasn't possible for him to use this system, but after some practice he feels if he puts in more time into learning it, he can do it. If you don't want to dictate, the system is mostly clicking, not much typing which I think is good, but if your doctor is not a computer person, this might be time consuming for him. Using a dictating system may help. The diagnosis portion is easy and the Escript portion has been great. If you get a request for a patient whose information is not yet in MediTouch, you do have to put it in before authorizing. Sometimes its difficult to find a pharmacy, unless you know what to search by, but that doesn't happen often.

Overall, we like the EHR portion of MediTouch, it just takes practice and time to customize the system to how you want it. I like that it has the capability of making the progress notes, just as the doctor would have in a written note. I think he will be using it for all patients pretty soon.

Kim

In Need of a Little Help

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

I believe Oklahoma Foot and Ankle is NextGen's first podiatry practice. Having been with Next Gen almost 5 years, we have come to realize areas (such as the one's mentioned above) where improvement could be made and perhaps additional feedback from us could help you attract other podiatry practices. On-site training should be part of the cost of our monthly service fee. You offer webinars, but some staff would greatly benefit from hands on training.

Pros

I like the ease of transition between Practice Management and EHR.

Cons

With the ease of transition, there are some features that are totally different between the two features. Specifically, scanning in EHR doesn't give you the option to select a provider. Instead, the provider defaults to the first provider in alphabetical order in our practice. I've addressed this problem with support and they seemed to be unable to fix the problem.

Also, the templates are difficult to create in EHR. Podiatry specific templates would be nice.

Scott
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

From patient perspective this software is pathetic

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

You can email your doctor. You can see appointments. You can see previous statements. Whoopee, basic functionality that any software can do.

Cons

I design and implement software solutions for a living. I would be embarrassed to sell and implement NextMD. My Doctor's medical practice uses NextMD/NextGen. This software is very unresponsive to navigation inputs. When you view areas such as charts (which rarely works when you click on the View my Chart drop down), the data is not user friendly in presentation and it's difficult to retrieve. Additionally doctor will only electronically provide me lab results if I officially request. The documented instructions provided by the software vendor on how to request are totally incorrect and each 6 months I have to figure out how to do it again. When I complained to Doctor's office, they told me many people have had problems requesting their records using this software.
Additionally, their approach to access "security" is the usual standard lawyer bull of threatening statements followed by their technical approach of "What's your mother's maiden name". Wow, something anyone proficient in google can find.
Bottom line is from a user perspective this software is pathetic and not very usable. I find it hard to believe any medical practice would purchase it.

Alicia

The implementation teams, customer service and support teams are very robust

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Functionality and ability to customize has been key for our practice.

Functionality and ability to customize has been key for our practice.

Pros

I appreciate the various platforms offered and the ability to interface with other products. The support and training is probably the best that I have seen. I love the reports and hate the reports at the same time. Nextgen can retrieve almost any data, but you have to know exactly what to ask it in order for it to pull the data correctly. I also like the support on compliance side of healthcare and regulatory updates. .

Cons

Price, reporting as mentioned above and that since it partners with so many outside vendors that it does not develop things on their own, that I think should be a part of Nextgen. An example would be the HQM. Nextgen should have a platform for a dashboard, but instead they partnered with someone, so that is yet another fee and vendor we would have to work with

Joel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

One year of Meditouch now!

Reviewed on 2016/05/08

Pros

Started Meditouch EHR in 2015 after using a customized EHR since 1970s. Overall this past year a good product for the complexity of my medical office. Patients do like the interface and it is quite nice when I use my iPad Pro. Buttons are nice, clear. Search function is getting better.

Cons

I'm in a unique situation that Meditouch has never encountered. Because of my high complexity lab I have multiple billing lines for each type of bloodwork and Meditouch did not provide a solution. I have had to pay them for a lab interface but also had to purchase a LIS so our lab can communicate with the EHR just like commercial labs. Billing has been a nightmare for my office manager who did not used to spend hours finishing the day. We are a complex office with bloodwork but our per patient payment is much higher than a standard primary care practice. Patient portal isn't great and many patients complain. I miss my
Programmer and having in house support but Meditouch is getting better. Training is not great and there is a lot of learning on the go. My new physician has had difficulty with it and I'm worried about Locums learning it. I wish there was a support group for all Meditouch users to share their concerns and HF has not really provided that. A lot of EMRs use a groupthink method for billing and it would be useful. I wish there was an east coast office but this issue has improved over the past year

Bethany

Reviewed on 2012/08/27

The system is easy to navigate and provides almost all the features you need and then some to run a smooth AR process. However, it takes a few too many clicks to get to things and there are a lot of small hiccups that make the system a little tedious. While this system gives you the ability to do what you need to do. There is a lack of consideration when it comes to payment posting and accounting. It can be an accounting nightmare and posting reversal/corrections is never an easy task. Having to "look" for secondary claims by name instead of account. Consistent payment posting errors when you want to appeal a line but the secondary pays on the other lines. I've found inaccurate reflection of amounts in the Insurance Ledger.

The inability to post deductibles via the ERA, and the ERA adjusting of unpaid lines if you are not careful. Having to post patient payments and then having to go thru several screens just to post the payment to the account after you have already indicated it is supposed to go to the outstanding balance is another example. The inflexibility of the forms is a serious disadvantage as your encounters are very rigid and there face sheet has extremely small font and does not provide all the information we are looking for. The inability to see the EHR information while you are in the PM reviewing claims can be frustrating as well. There should be a tie-in with the encounter and the generated claim. This way the coder's can easily review and approve charges without having to have two browsers up.

Customer Support is a "hit and miss". In general everyone is professional and helpful. I do not like that they are instructed to tell us, their customer, to research the information themselves. I think this is a bit rude. Spend some time and answer our questions. Enrollment Customer Support is questionable. I have had nothing but errors and lack of responses. I have had to have all but one of my requests escalated to the supervisor and even then it took a while for a resolution. I have over 10 years of Insurance and Medical Billing Experience. I think it would help if HealthFusion could clean up their functionality, especially in the billing/payment/AR aspect of the system.