Accelevents

Your affordable virtual event and registration platform

Sierra S.
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Super affordable and effective for silent auctions.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

The price is right! Easy to include images, easy to process payments, easy to edit and update. Overall user-friendly.

Cons

Their sales/customer reps are obnoxious! Originally, they offered me a coupon to join and then wouldn't let me use it. Now I keep getting emails from them even though I've unsubscribed.

Vanine G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Interactive online event platform

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Overall we had a great event and got a lot of positive feedback from the participants.

Pros

1. The customer service was great: any time we had a question, a problem, or a bug, we got a quick response from the team and an immediate solution. Guys, you rock! Thanks a lot.
2. The pricing is pretty well calculated - the per participant per day payment makes it much easier for us to calculate our cost per participant and makes smaller online events possible and affordable.

Cons

1. The constant updates that are happening in the backstage - some features were coming and going and after some updates the platform was not functioning well. Which was frustrating, but the supportive team was always there to help out.
2. The platform does not have a mobile or PC app.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Vanine, we are happy to hear that you had a great event! We have since added release notes for all updates to the studio and throughout the platform! I hope this helps in the future. We look forward to working with you again.

Erin W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Easy to use, easy to recommend

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

It was great - have used it on multiple projects.

Pros

I offer consulting and marketing to services to small nonprofits and local businesses in the Boone, NC area. With the COVID-19 pandemic forcing many fundraisers to go virtual, I have been hired to help a few organizations navigate through the challenge of transitioning to a digital event in a short amount of time. I recommended & used Accelevents for my first contract and have continued to recommend it to additional organizations.

The ease of use on the back end and the absolutely simple and inviting user-interface has made this platform a large part of the success of these events, raising much-needed funds for our local nonprofits. The most recent virtual fundraiser I worked on raised DOUBLE the amount expected, in no small part due to the bidder's quick and easy access to viewing the items up for bid. I've seen other events where you have to jump through hoops to register (or enter a CC#) prior to viewing and the turnout has been poor because of it. Thanks, Accelevents!

Cons

I found the effort needed to reorder items up for bid a little slow and clunky. I also am interested in personalizing/adding to the receipt that is sent to bidders immediately after the auction (maybe I just didn't see it?). I would like to communicate post-auction instructions about item pick up, etc. along with their payment link, etc.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Erin, thanks for the feedback! One other option when re-ordering items is right clicking to send the item to the top of bottom of the list.

Fran R.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Successful collaborative fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team!

Reviewed on 2017/08/13

Our collaborative fundraiser raised moneyfor each of 8 collaborators, with additional funds generated from offline purchases of paintings after the auction was over.

In addition, this software helped each of our collaborators to build a better networking relationship with each other.

Pros

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team.

The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online.

We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of "Forests."

Cons

An animated tutorial, walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Laura T.

Makes bidding easy!

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Very good, easy to chat with an associate for assistance at any given time. I would definitely use this product again!

Pros

It was easy to set up and upload all of our auction items. Once everything is in the system it is easy to make any changes or add things. The look of the website for the end-user is very nice! Everything is pretty customizable to fit your needs and the parameters of your auction. Plus taking care of the items after the auction closes is so easy! It automatically sends a link to individual who had the highest bid to finalize their payment and then that information automatically updates in the log. Then you can add notes if need be or manually alter information. Very quick and easy!

Cons

I wish there was an actual app to download. We had an event where people where having a hard time getting the URL to work, sometimes it would take refreshing the page 4-5 times to actually get to the site. It would have been nice if there was an app they could download and then just search for our event.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Laura, thanks for the feedback! We are excited to hear that your event was a success. The reason that we do not currently offer a mobile app is that we feel that people already have too many apps and do not want to download another app for just one night of bidding. We do have some tips on how people can easily access the auction site - http://support.accelevents.com/en/articles/3210709-how-will-my-guests-know-how-to-bid
We look forward to working with you again soon!

Jahnavi B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Perfect for Small/Mid Size Auction

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

We are an elementary school PTA that has a silent auction with 100 items once a year. Accelevents was perfect for us! The 1st time I used it was the 1st time we put the auction online--raising 33% more funds than in previous "bid on paper" years. Thank you for making our auction a big success!

Pros

This software is so easy to use--very intuitive, not too many features, but it has the right ones. Customer support is great--in chat or email with quick simple responses! Low cost--we raised $8000 and were able to keep most of it last year. Integration for payment was awesome!

Cons

We have multiple items in our auction that are the same (parking spots)--would be nice to list it on time and give the 3 spots to the 3 highest bidders. Small feature that's definitely not critical -- but a nice add on.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Jahnavi,

Thanks for the feedback! We're excited to hear that your event was such a success.

We actually have a feature which allows for multiple winners per item! This will be perfect for your next event. Check out this link with instructions on how to use it.

Best,

Jon

Jason J.

Great software for conference event

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

We had a positive experience with the platform.

Pros

I really liked how easy it is to add speakers and sessions. The customer service is very strong.

Cons

It is challenging to prep the speakers prior to the event since we have so many of them.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Jason! We look forward to working with you again. We offer a weekly webinar for speakers on best practices. It may be helpful to share that with your speakers for your next event.

Adam A.

Undisputed: The Best!

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Pros

We put on an annual black tie for over 300 guests. About five years ago we decided to go mobile with our silent auction and researched every provider available. Accelevents was hands down the most competitively priced but after our first year, it was clear to us that more importantly, their platform is the best out there! We’ve been using Accelevents loyally since day one, and couldn’t be happier with the service, pricing, and most importantly the product, which our guests also love!

Cons

We are completely satisfied with the product.

Renee R.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Surprised by Expert Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

Accelevents offered our small nonprofit the opportunity to finally convert to an online auction platform without damaging the bottom line. Moreover, their expert customer service was unparalleled! Always available by chat, email, or phone call, the Accelevents team of professionals shepherded our event from beginning to end with their excellent service, constant availability, and accurate explanations. They even went out of their way to have their designers add a feature I requested. Thank you, Accelevents, for bearing with our first attempt at online bidding!

Cons

There were some checkout features that we could have perfected, perhaps, before the event but most certainly could only be resolved through having experienced them firsthand.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks for the feedback Renee! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Joseph W.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Glad we stumbled across this little gem

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

It has allowed us to raise funds for our charity dinner each year where as other online bidding platforms were far too expensive. This allows you to run it yourself and avoid those costs.

Pros

Customer service is great. Rep. and his team respond to any quieries immediately.

Cons

Slight lags from time to time. But nothing major.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Joseph! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience. We are currently in a software development phase focused on further increasing performance of the system! We look forward to working with you again soon.

Jay H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Virtual Conference Platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We had a great experience with Accelevents. They were very responsive and helpful in setting up the platform and supporting us during the launch of the event.

Pros

The Accelevents program provided us a great platform to use for our virtual leadership conference that we held due to COVID-19 for about 120 of our employees from 9 different states and time zones. It was very intuitive and was easy for everyone to navigate.

Cons

The program is constantly evolving but I think if the networking function of the software was easier to use, it could create more opportunity for people to connect virtually. I think it would be great if it functioned like facetime, you click on an attendee and it contacted them by instant message and then if accepted you could have a video meeting.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Jay, thanks for the kind words and the feedback! The facetime style 1:1 video chat functionality is actually available! One two attendees are connected, they can enter into a 1:1 video chat at any time. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance in the future.

Arthur K.

Excellent for silent auctions

Reviewed on 2016/01/05

Accelevents was fantastic, and it was a pleasure working with Zach and the rest of the team.

We ran a successful silent/online auction to benefit the NAACP, using the Accelevents platform. We found it to be a refreshingly effective and accessible software.

The texting feature seemed a little unfamiliar at first, but proved to be an excellent feature. It made our whole process much easier to organize, and it hugely facilitates real-time communications with bidders. People found it to be easy to use and understand, and much more convenient than a paper process. Supporters of our organization who couldn't attend the live event also appreciated the ability to participate fully in our auction remotely.

We also very much appreciated the helpfulness of the Accelevents team. They were quick to respond to questions and requests and were supportive of our efforts on the ground.

I recommend Accelevents strongly for silent/online auctions.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks for the kind words. We are very proud of the support that we offer.

Caren V.

Helpful and accommodating. Great results!

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

When hosting our South African based charity event we didn't have a lot of options. After reaching out to a number of companies we managed to find Accelevents. Jon and Zach were accommodating, open to ideas, extremely responsive and customised the system to South African currency. It is also a cost-effective solution. Our online auction netted more than 34% extra revenue compared to the previous year's paper-based auction. The company has a bright future.

Pros

Affordability
Responsiveness

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Caren! We had a blast working with the Chicken Challenge and look forward to doing the same in a few months!

Deanna E.

Attendee of a charity event with over 800 guests, using Accelevent's raffle services

Reviewed on 2015/08/12

I was (happily) surprised when I wasn't handed a long strand of tickets to fill out when I visited the raffle tables at the fundraising event I attended to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Instead I was simply asked to provide my credit card info and directed to send a text submitting my 'tickets' I had just purchased to the items I wished to win. The whole process was quick, simple, and fun! Throughout the night I kept a close eye on the live tracker on the projection screen to see what items were getting the least amount of submissions. I could strategically submit my tickets from anywhere in the venue :) (rather than a packed raffle table with a line of other guests...). I ended up purchasing more tickets than I originally intended because there were no lines to wait in or tickets to fill out - and plus it was all for charity! I would definitely attend another event using AccelEvents and plan on proposing to the committees I sit on for future fundraising events.

Stu L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Second time we've used Accelevents for our annual on-line auction. Extremely pleased.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Appreciate the template for downloading auction items from a spreadsheet.
Event view is clear and easily distinguished between the opening and current bid.
On-line support was near instantaneous.
Will definitely continue to use in the future.

Cons

I wish Item Code could include numbers as well as letters, to make it easier to record multiple submissions from individual artists.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks for your continued support, Stu!

Pamala K.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great platform!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

My organization hosted our biennial conference once we pivoted to online instead of in-person and Accelevents was a marvelous platform. We would absolutely use it again.

Pros

Easy to Set Up and Use for both Admin and End Users
Cost Effective
Ability to host multiple events in a single time period
Streaming was great quality
Technical staff was responsive and helpful
Multiple cameras

Cons

Training set up needed to be a bit more streamlined

Olivia B.

Absolutely amazing platform

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

They were phenomenal with absolutely everything, including customer service to answer all my questions.

Pros

Accelevents was amazing for helping us quickly turn an auction into an online event due to restricted group gatherings. We are so grateful we didn’t have to cancel the event. Customer service was readily available to answer my questions and assist me. I’m so grateful we selected Accelevents compared to other platforms. They went above and beyond to ensure success for our auctions.

Cons

we love Accelevents. We had no complaints.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Olivia, we are so happy to hear that you had a great experience!

Elizabeth L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Excellent! Professional staff and super easy to use! Would definitely recommend and use again.

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

We were able to raise precious dollars for the organization we support.

Pros

This platform is easy to use. The staff offers prompt customer service and technical assistance easily through chat function. It was affordable for our non-profit fundraising event. Users can easily bid via text message without cumbersome downloads of apps or concern about internet connections.
The web platform presented the art we had up for auction beautifully and provided a way to have a link to websites of artists who donated their work, as well as social network sharing links so folks could easily share with their friends the art they were bidding on.

Bryan W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Virtual Hosting Done Right!

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

This product has been the most cost-effective and easy to use option on the market. I've attended lots of virtual conferences this year and none of the other platforms are even comparable. The integrated features and easy to use design suite made this both visually and financially the most appealing option on the market.

Pros

The user interface is incredibly simple and easy to use on the production side. The combined ease of use with all video, payment processing, and hosting rolled into one product made the transition to an online conference easy.

Cons

The only thing that would help could be more "Info" buttons to explain the menus on the administrator side.

Aaron E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

This software was affordable, user-friendly, and comes with instant customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Easy checkout, affordable, quick entry for each item.

Pros

The ease of implementation and affordability! We final fixed our sloppy checkout process by utilizing this software!

Cons

We would love to have a way to display current bid levels for each item at the event so that our guests know where to start and can compete with friends.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Aaron, thanks for the review. Per your comment about displaying the current bid levels at the event, you CAN do that! If you click the Views tab on the Fundraiser page you will find a few different options which are designed exactly for that process including a scrolling view of all items and the current bid as well as the option to show the name of the highest bidder.

Jess Z.

Great experience from start to finish!

Reviewed on 2017/03/12

We researched online and found Accelevents to be a great option. Once we got started, we were impressed by their customer service, so helpful and timely. And even more impressed with the functionality. Such a great option and value for the investment!

Pros

I like that we pay per event and per user. The software seemed very intuitive.

Cons

Honestly, can't think of any.

Mia W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

An excellent choice for smaller events

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Accelevents had everything we needed: text-to-bid, a website with item pages, a scrolling display for the event itself, an option for bidders to pay through their phones if they win and printable auction description sheets. The customer service was really good as well - we could just send a question through the chat and hear back within 5 minutes. They even managed to fix a timezone issue that cropped up during the event!

Cons

I would've liked a little more control over the speed at which the items scroll - some guests had trouble reading it.

Eric J.

Log Home Shows

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

We have taken our events to a virtual platform, learning that trying to duplicate in-person event may be wrong direction. So we are addressing that. Key to success is increasing attendee interaction with exhibitor/vendor- that is the #1 concern with ALL platforms.

Pros

It works for our particular environment. We are still building platform and trying to figure it out.

Cons

Easier way to collect analytics. having said that, we are noticing some improvements in this area. One spreadsheet showing all data from attendees would be great!

Donna D.

World Language Teachers Conference - Long Island NY

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

Excellent experience: good customer support, positive feedback from attendees, fun virtual lobby area, ability to network with others

Pros

Best mimicked an in person event for our attendees - able to offer a virtual exhibit hall - user friendly - positive feedback from our attendees

Cons

Used the Gameification option: did not like how it was set up to accumulate points. At first it gave points for attending the sessions and workshops. Then it changed right before our event to only visiting the vendors.

Devin D.

Amazing Asset for my Fundraiser

Reviewed on 2015/07/30

Working with Accelevents added a new level of efficiency and professionalism to my fundraising event. The software's front and back-end experience was extremely easy, and promoted more guests to participate in what can be an "intrusive" element of donations/bidding. I would highly recommend Accelevent's services to all those looking to improve and enhance their fundraisers and guests' experience.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Devin.