RMS Cloud

Cloud-based outdoor hospitality property management software

Alan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Rms is for non computer literate people

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Quality product and easy to use

Quality product and easy to use

Pros

Rms is easy to use on the many platforms available. Because it is in the cloud it has allowed our business to operate without being tied to the office. It has provided flexibility to our managers by being able to have the work life balance that modern workplaces strive to provide

Cons

It doesn’t work well with Microsoft edge on some platforms

Jenny

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Pros

just its simplicity and visually everything is in the one screen.

Cons

We are using RMS enterprise and our main issue is we are unable to roll over repeat charges differently at each park
one of our parks have residents and their repeat charges need to roll every week
our other parks only have annuals and would like to roll over 70 days before due date but we are unable to to this (this was one thing we liked about Newbook)

Response from RMS

Hi Jenny, thank you for sharing your RMS experience, we appreciate the feedback. We're so pleased that you are ejoying the simplicity of the system and find it visually appealing - one huge focus for us was enhancing the software so that all relevant information could be captured in one place to save clicking between screens, so we're happy to hear your feedback on that one!

Thank you for raising that issue, I have passed it on to our product development team to make them aware.

Please reach out to our friendly support team if you have any questions - they are available 24/7 and always happy to help. -Hayley

Ron
  • Industry: Hospitality

Faulty product with crappy support

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I have started the selection process for another product because I want proper support.

Pros

It works, as far as direct bookings and Booking.com bookings are concerned.
It synchronises well with Booking.com. we have had no over bookings.

Cons

RMS is not capable to connect my hotel to Expedia. REALLY, I am not kidding. RMS passes the wrong currency. We are located in Cape Verde and they pass our prices to Expedia in Australian dollars.
RMS have been working on this for over a month now. I have to beg for updates on this problem and all they have told me is that it is a very complicated problem (where it really is only a matter of passing the right currency for the selected country).
Less important but still annoying problems are: Old (fashioned) user interface: Not all the screens work on a Mac, some screens only work in full screen mode. The application is not scalable/responsive.

Response from RMS

Thank you for posting your feedback and Ron, we appreciate the opportunity to discuss this openly and frankly with you.

The information provided has been escalated with the entire global support team, especially the UK team.

Receiving unfavourable feedback is never nice to hear, but its a powerful tool that can be used in the ongoing training and development of our team.

We are sorry we failed to deliver the level of service you expected and required and please rest assured that corrective steps have been taken with respect to your particular circumstances.

Best regards,

Peter Ferris
Director of Global Sales & Marketing

Kristin

Great!

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

It has been a great experience so far with RMS. We have just started our set up and I could not be happier with our decision. Thank you for all your team does!

Cons

None so far, We have had a great experience

Response from RMS

Hi Kristin, thanks for your positive feedback! We're thrilled RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your park easier.

Cathleen

Great Support

Reviewed on 2023/09/19

Overall RMS is pretty good because I have learned now on how to use it and find it pretty comprehensive. I then train my staff. I don't call support that often. I find that my staff only want to know what is relevant to their jobs and don't want to take advantage of any of the other functions that could be super helpful. But at least one person in the office knows how to trouble shoot most issues.

Pros

I find that RMS has a lot of capabilities, but we don't necessarily use all of them. The main thing I find challenging is the Tarriff manager. I seem to have a lot of trouble with connecting with different OTAs. It's not perfect, but I don't know if any of them are. The support desk is very good at helping me troubleshoot problems and most of the time, we find a solution. I do think the system is glitchy though as I often have to refresh my page because it seems to have an unstable interface and doesn't show things on the screen correctly. But one thing I do like is that that you can work from anywhere and I love being able to help guests from home on my own computer.

Cons

Not enough training- would like options to go to a local workshop or class. Even if there was one in another town, I would really want the option to go there to learn more. There seem to be new features all the time, but no one to show us how they work.

Lokith
Lokith

False Promises & Scammers

Reviewed on 2024/01/21

This software is definitely not for holiday homes and even hotels, as it's full of errors and they only have 5-6 people in there company who are not available most of the times, it's not worth wasting money on there training and software they make you pay 3 months advance as they know there product is faulty and they don't want you to runaway before that, good at planning strategy of how to scam people! BEAWARE!

Pros

The confidence how they lie about there product, and try to show the value of it however once you pay for the training they will vanish it took me whole 2 months just to set up the software.

Cons

after the software was set there was issue in the calendar on airbnb, my properties were closed for whole month in high season, and there whole company were busy celebrating there vacations, also they did not refund our training fees AED1700 as they claim to give us training and software full of errors.

Coral

Love RMS product and staff

Reviewed on 2023/10/25

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. The automated help topics with visual guides are eptensive and answer most queries but when they dont the service requests or staff at the other end of the phone are so helpful and knowledgeable that I havent had an issue I couldn't resolve (and I had many questions believe me!).

Cons

Setting new rates confuses me. I don't know whether I need to be in Rate Structure and type, Category, Rate period or Amount (4 seperate areas seems clunky and I don't think I would get as confused if this was an integrated, automatically stepped out process on a simngle page for absolute dummies like me). The address search identified=s international adfresses often before local ones. Not sure if possible but it would be great if the country of operation was prioritised first.

Joanne

Exceptional Service on a Sunday Morning

Reviewed on 2023/10/15

Tourism Creatures manage approx 20 properties on rms and the customer service has always been outstanding.

Pros

Sunday morning user profile issues. Submitted service request and received a lovely phone call from [sensitive content hidden] who solved my Access Profile Issue so I could continue with my scheduled project with no delays.

Cons

Bulk deposit and cancellation rule entry

Scott

So many features

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

Overall I enjoy the system because of the extra features. How much you can edit the sales and product listings.

Pros

I really enjoy how many features the system holds. It takes a while to learn but the system really has options for every application. Ease of use is not always simple but customer support is very helpful

Cons

It is tricky to know exactly where to go to streamline working through an issue. Most errors are solvable and explainable it’s just learning where to look.

Leo

Usefullness

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

Quite good

Quite good

Pros

Overall great product to use in basic form .

Cons

Difficult at times to remember?work out where certain operations/detail is to make changes.

Gerard

Review of RMS Ultra Lite

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

I have found that RMS is incredibly capable but not so user friendly from my home with the desk top PC. With my laptop it has most often been when we are overseas and then the system has given me major headaches. The solutions are often there but much of the information inside FAQ's, for example, isn't aimed at users who are not using the full version.

Pros

The relatively low cost is its best benefit.

Cons

I have never considered the RMS system to be as "user friendly" as the systems that I had previously used. Perhaps it's simply the Ultra Lite version, whch RMS no longer want to support, but the cost structure of the next step up (RMS Lite) is far too great for me.

Jan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great product with some glitches

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

RMS gives us the ability to handle our campground and our customers smoothly

RMS gives us the ability to handle our campground and our customers smoothly

Pros

I love the ease of use and the flexibility.

Cons

Software has gone down at our busiest times with little to no communication about what happened. Very hard to get through to customer service techs. Most techs have a hard time understanding the issues.

Response from RMS

Hello Jan,
We are pleased to hear you and the team at The Great Divide find RMS the easy to use with flexibility to suite your needs.
I appreciate how every minute of waiting seems eternal. RMS prides itself on system uptime and currently we are running at over 99% uptime.
Please visit the system status page for more information and there you may sign up for system alerts.
Please feel free to reach to Customer Support over the phone or through service request as it is our goal to provide accurate solutions in the most timely manner.

Ruth
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Review of Support

Reviewed on 2020/06/27

Pros

I like the new features for the Registration Card & the COVID-19 Tracing.
It's also made it easier uploading guest details, photo id etc. Less paper trail.

Cons

When loading rates, it can get frustrating when for example, we have 3 different season and rates within RMS. getting this to trigger or channel those rate on exact dates for online Agents, I guess it all about trouble shooting between the 2 servers.
Plus it was hard when call Support and you would get 2 different answers from 2 different staff never the same operator.

Response from RMS

Hi Ruth, thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the new features and that they are helping you to navigate post-COVID reservations.

RMS is quite robust to meet the needs of a wide scale of individual properties unique business models. We have written a detailed rate article that we hope will help you with managing rates - you can view it here:

Additionally, you can log a service request and a team member will assist you with your requirements. Thank you again for reviewing the software, every bit of feedback, whether positive or negative, helps us to evolve and refine our functionalities to better serve our clients.

sarah
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

We have been sold on other systems, made the change and always end up back!

Reviewed on 2023/03/14

We have actually moved to 2 other well known systems and moved back because we have found none of them stand up to RMS.

Pros

I love all of the features, in addition to just reservations, we use it all. Maintenance management, texting, interactive documents, online booking, meter reading and more.

Cons

Online booking is still a bit clunky. The interactive map is difficult to find from a mobile device. I wish customers could choose to pay online with the vault.

Michelle

RMS Hospitality Cloud Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

We liked all the reports you had to offer

Cons

Not user friendly. It is not as forgiving software if there are mistakes.

Response from RMS

Hello Michelle,
RMS has a full suite of reports for many needs, if you can't find the one you are looking for the Report Writer is a powerful tool to custom create reports.
The new ability to revert a reservation should be a big help for reservation boo boo's Any accounting mistakes, RMS is obligated to be in compliance, and must follow the strict accounting rules & regulations, as they are not forgiving indeed.
Thank you for being the best part of RMS for such a long time, we appreciate you!

Sue

Great service

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Record keeping, financial recording, managing the cabins and cleaning rosters, RMS covers everything...

Pros

We could no longer operate our business without RMS, it has an abundance of capabilities and is constantly improving.

Cons

At times it can be slow but given the size of our database this is normal.

Response from RMS

Hi Sue! Thank you so much for this wonderful review, we're thrilled to see that RMS is helping your park reach its full potential.

We're continually adapting our software with enhanced features and functionalities to make life easier for property managers. It's great to hear that you've had a good experience so far and we hope that will continue for another 12 years (and beyond)!

Kosuke

RMS Cloud Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

With the basis of an intuitive interface and flexibility for customization, I like the fact that RMS is willing to support users and develop new functions based on customer feedback.

Cons

While many parts of the software are customizable, some parts are hard coded. Since RMS is already supporting various user needs, I would like to see them go further with functions such as renaming fields and reporting.

Cloudbeds

Reasons for Choosing RMS Cloud

The previous system had higher flexibility on the functions it offered, but lacked in support and both base fees and additional modules were costly.

Response from RMS

Hi Kosuke! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate both positive and constructive feedback that will help us improve our product. We always listen to our clients as we want them to get the most out of their software, so we'll certainly take your comments on board. So glad you like the intuitive interface and customisable features!

We're planning to release our new RMS reports engine is in the September Live update which will provide a much smoother report navigation process. Hope this helps! Please reach out to our support team if you need anything, they are available 24/7 and always happy to assist!

Jeff

RMS Hospitality Cloud review

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

When we need help on something we may have learned in training, a month before, it takes WAY TOO LONG to get help. I have had support tickets that are simply closed out without contacting us. I have had others that basically say "read the help page" (we have read it and that is why we contact support). When we call, we sometimes get we will get to it in 3-4 days and contact you. Then we are never are contacted. Support is the worst I have seen in 25 years in the hotel industry. 18 years as a General Manager.. corporate not franchise.

Pros

There are many functions in RMS. Probably too many in my opinion.

Cons

The training/support. The scheduling of the training took too long between classes. It takes too long to complete a module and then schedule. By the time you get to the next class (sometimes 7 days between) you forget what you covered before. Also the content of the class. It seemed she was reading from a checklist only and we were not very engaged in the content. After the training, during the handover to support call, I had the opportunity to ask questions about RMS functions and "how tos". I got more out of that 10-15 minutes with the same trainer as I did listening to her 30-45 minutes each session with little engagement or opportunities to actually learn content.

Response from RMS

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry to hear that your experience with RMS hasn't been a positive one. RMS is committed to working with every client to ensure that our software meets your needs and expectations. We have listened to your feedback and updated our training process to be a quicker and more informative series. We will be contacting you to see how we can resolve your challenges. You can also reach out to us 24/7 for assistance at [email protected] or 858-427-1200.

elodie

rms

Reviewed on 2021/09/29

Pros

The integration with Swiftpos is ok some issue every now and then, especially when you update RMS and the other software provider is not aware, it makes it difficult then i have to chase both providers to fix the issue.

Cons

that you have to go back to the reservation to see the entire credit card details to charge your customer when you pay with eftpos.
double endling the data has you need to see how much you have to charge (especially if you had cc fees manually)
If we could see the entire card instead of the last 4 digits it will be so much better.

Response from RMS

Hi Elodie, thank you for your review, we're sorry to hear you've been having a few issues. You can add/vote for user suggestions via our online suggestion box which is actively monitored by RMS Product Development. The highest voted suggestions are reviewed for inclusion in future development cycles: http://feedback.rmscloud.com/

monica

great product

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

fantastic

fantastic

Pros

service is the best part of this software

Cons

function, being using it for 6 years, still learning

Response from RMS

Hi Monica, thanks for your positive feedback! We're thrilled RMS is helping your property reach its full potential. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your property easier.

Karlene
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Support

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

Support has been great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has always taken extra time with sharing his knowledge and getting information to us!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset to me learning the system. I have requested training but do not get responses from looking into scheduling time with a personal session. If we could please have someone contact us, our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] would like for us to receive training from RMS.

Cons

Doesn't seem to be addressing our needs for a campground/RV

Response from RMS

Hi Karlene, thank you for leaving us a review. Our 24/7 support team are always happy to help clients get to know the system and deal with any queries. I have forwarded your request to the team and someone will be in touch to organise training. Our robust PMS system is designed for campgrounds and can be tailored to suit your individual park. We'd love to show you how it can address your needs and this is something the team will chat to you about when they make contact. Do let us know if there is anything else we can help with! - Hayley

Chris

Good job RMS

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

very good.

very good.

Pros

This is easy to use. Great help from help desk from people who I can understand.

Cons

Our venue is not big enough for me to use all the features on a daily basis. I wish I was more proficient at what it offers.

Response from RMS

Hi Chris! Thanks so much for sharing your positive review, we're thrilled to hear that things are going well and that you've had a great experience with our support team - we always aim to provide an efficient and friendly service.

RMS is quite robust and configurable to meet the needs of all types of individual property setup from small to large, so we understand that not all the functionalities will be essential to your business. There are plenty of features we do offer though that would be ideal for running your venue - please reach out to our support team and they will be more than happy to train you up on those features that are best suited to you and your hotel.

Billi Jo

Software approved

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

My experience is continuing, I work with it every day and find it user friendly.

Pros

I have been working with RMS for 5 years the system is user friendly and you can program your rms the way you want it that works for your business. The tech support is great you have personal on hand for any issues or questions needed.

Cons

The only least like comment I have to share is at time the system software runs slow.

Response from RMS

Hello Billi Jo,
Thanks for taking some time out to write such good reviews!. We at RMS are committed to help clients like you in every possible way.
If you ever experience unusual slowing we would be happy to help troubleshoot in conjunction with your Internet Service Provider. We all appreciate lightening fast!
Thank you for being the best part of RMS

Leica
  • Industry: Hospitality

RMS Software is an Essential Management Tool for the Accommodation & Tourism Industry

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

RMS offers a very high standard of easy to use software and most importantly an excellent support team that are always by your side.

The best part of operating in the hospitality cloud is having piece of mind knowing that all data is safe & secure with RMS, & no software back ups are required RMS takes care of it all freeing up value time for Management to get on with running their operation in the busy accommodation & tourism industry.

Thank you to all of the RMS Team, proud to partner with a Great Australian product from the Land Down Under.

Pros

RMS Software is excellent for the accommodation industry the extremely large data base is a must for repeat Guests to offer a more personal experience & is also a great security tool for keeping track of problem Guests.

Cons

Group bookings can be tricky however RMS has a great support team.

Jenna

half and half

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

My overall experience with RMS is very well, they help more than the problems we come up with. Whenever there is a problem they are quick in helping to figure out what it was.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it is very organized. You can clearly see what lines need to be filled out to be completed.

Cons

When RMS goes through updates it takes working things away such as deleting badge numbers after they have departed. The new RMS does not allow this and it makes it a hassle on busy days.

Response from RMS

Hi Jenna! Thanks for your feedback, we value your input and strive to not only meet but exceed customer expectations. RMS is committed to ongoing software development and exceptional customer support to make managing your property easier. We are thrilled our customer support has been able to help with any issues!