FeedOtter Reviews

4.8/5 (36 reviews)
Sydney S.

Digital Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

If you're looking for a simple, effective way to create an automated blog subscription program with WordPress and Pardot/Marketo, FeedOtter is the best solution. Hands down.

Pros

FeedOtter delivers exactly what they promise: a simple, automated connection between your RSS feed and your marketing automation platform. I've used FeedOtter for years with both Marketo and Pardot to build blog subscription campaigns. The team is very responsive, the email builder is drag and drop (but also gives you access to the html if you want to dig into the code) and the overall setup is very straightforward. Well worth the investment!

Cons

Nothing really. I experienced a few hiccups when scheduled posts missed deadlines or when posts are updated and the publish time changes, but they were relatively minor.

Easy to Use Product and Personable Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

FeedOtter's product has a ton of great features for content marketers and digital marketers. As a premium user, we have several feeds set up to automate our daily and weekly blog emails for all regions. The customization is top notch. Additionally, the customer service provided by our rep and his team is second to none. And in the SaaS world, customer service is everything.

Cons

It would be great to be able to analyze my programs within the platform itself. I run it through my MA platform, so I can get a full view of everything which is also awesome, but sometimes I want to be able to make on the fly decisions on what works best for our customers without needing to work with our marketing operations teams.

Megan P.

Great way to quickly start up a blog subscription program

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Automate a blog subscription email program without manually having to create and manage email sends.

Pros

Everything is very straight forward. Someone with no email or HTML experience can get this up and running, but it still also allows someone that does have experience to further customize.

The integration with Pardot took only a few minutes and all the data is collected and stored in there so it makes reporting and checking the success of each send very easy.

The time interval options are also a really great feature. You can have it go out immediately upon each blog post or as a weekly or monthly round-up.

Andy, the founder/creator of it is also very helpful. Any question I have he'll either answer via email or point me to a blog that he's already written that's very straightforward with instructions. The documentation is great and I used that to easily set up a new feed specifically for this program so we can pick the best blogs to include.

Cons

Now that I'm used to it, it isn't as big of a deal as it was when I was trying to get it up and running, but when you go in and edit certain things, it will change the sending date to the following week.

So, for example, on a Tuesday, you can't change the time for your weekly email to send to Thursday at 12PM and have it go out in 2 days, it'll scheduled for next Thursday.

Joe V.

So easy to use (and help when you don't even know you need it)

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

We're using FeedOtter to send automated emails via Pardot that are populated by our podcast RSS feed. Set up was literally under 20 minutes. Templates are great and it just works.

I edited some code in the template that caused Pardot/FeedOtter to error. Didn't know what I was doing wrong and was getting frustrated so I just decided to let it sit for a while. Then, out of the blue, FeedOtter customer success sends me an email saying something along the lines of "I noticed you were getting some errors. I took a look at your template and I noticed you edited some code. I found the piece that was giving you the problem and fixed it for you. Hope that was ok."

It was more than OK, it was FANTASTIC! Boom -- it worked flawlessly from that point on. I wish every software solution had that level of proactive customer service.

Cons

Nothing yet. It is totally turn-key and is really smart. I had it set up so the automated email that goes out weekly shows the newest 3 episodes. One week we only had 2 new podcast episodes. I was worried we were going to get a repeat on the newsletter, but FeedOtter was smart enough to know to only populate the template with only the 2 new episodes.

I have literally 0 complaints.

Michael T.

Great Overall Experience

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

Our company needed a way to optimize our blog digest to increase engagement with our posts. FeedOtter provided us with the ability to not only customize and optimize our blog templates but also A/B test as much or as little as we need to. Since we implemented FeedOtter, our blog digest subscribers have steadily increased and we have continued to see improvement in overall blog engagement. FeedOtter has also been great about support through our transition process to using the product as well as any questions we had after. I can only see our relationship with FeedOtter growing in the future as our needs for RSS feed integration increases!

Pros

We love how clean the integration with Marketo is as well as how easy it was for us to upload our own custom HTML template and code it with tokens to track attribution. The ability to A/B test blog digests is also key to our program development.

Cons

To this point, we have not experienced anything bad about the software.

It just works!

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Easy of managing RSS campaigns
Seamless Pardot integration
Flexibility in custom design/layout

Pros

The Pardot integration is seamless and ties all our RSS emails directly to the prospect activity! It's brilliant for functionality and you can also create custom templates if that is your desire.

Cons

Yes, I would prefer for Pardot to have this "table stakes" functionality within it's offering, but FeedOtter fills the gap very nicely. So it's a con on Pardot, not FeedOtter.

Ryan B.

Great Product. Great Price.

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Quick and easy installation out of the box integration with Marketo. Great customer support to help add modifications. Andy took a lot of time to help implement several changes to fit our RSS feed. He was very attentive, knowledgeable, and was great to work with.

Cons

Implementation can be a little tricky if you have custom RSS elements, but the team is more than capable to help get whatever you need up and running.

Farrah raine B.

FeedOtter does exactly what it says it does, and it does it well!

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Pros

Easy to install and set up - customer service is top notch and really made it easy to get what I needed done. Execution of these types of emails is something people take for granted - for years I executed "blog subscription emails" in a manual process. I am THRILLED that FeedOtter has tackled this issue with a smart easy to use product.

Cons

I am pissed I didn't find it sooner! Love FeedOtter!!

Brad J.

Awesome product, even better customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

We needed something to pull our RSS feed into a newsletter that could be sent from Pardot, the first solution we found was FeedOtter and it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Setup was really easy - it was connected with Pardot in minutes. Setting it up to pull our RSS feed was even quicker.

When I started building a template I found it to be a little bit rigid with minor things like logo dimensions, but after jumping into the template HTML I was able to solve this with little effort.

What really set FeedOtter apart, is the service. Andy has been really responsive with emails and quickly helped us to fine tune a few of the specific requirements we had. Overall it's been an awesome experience working with FeedOtter and wouldn't hesitate to recommend others use them as well.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer support.

Ajmal K.

FeedOtter is Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We had been using another software as our blog subscriber email fulfillment tool. It had a lot of holes in its capabilities and we simply were not getting enough value. Moving to Feedotter has allowed us to do a/b tests far more easily, run better analytics, and scale out our operations.

Pros

Superior analytics, ease of use.

Cons

None that comes to mind.

Sally D.

FeedOtter works like clock work!

Reviewed on 2017/07/06

We are able to quickly engage with prospects by providing them relevant content that they are have opted in to receive.

Pros

The product integrates easily with WordPress and Marketo. You can choose to review the email generated in the send program before sending or automate the email send process. Features include single blog post, digest with configurable number of posts, multiple templates, sending a sample email, and cloning RSS Campaigns.

Support was very responsive and was able to answer all of my questions so that I could get up and running quickly.

Cons

Not really a "con" but it requires adding open graph tags to your WordPress site if you haven't already done so.

Wonderful Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Very simple to setup and great integration with Pardot. Pro-active customer support reached out to me when they noticed an issue I had not.

Cons

Only con may be that the interface could be slightly easier to use - perhaps a first time 'guide-to-setup' option. No real cons.

Larissa C.

FeedOtter is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

FeedOtter saved my marketing team at least 3 hours per week in email newsletter production. Customer service so far has been amazing. When I needed customization and certain features for my newsletter, they were able to code it for me with exceptionally fast turnaround. New improvements get added to FeedOtter every month, making it better and better for deliverability, open rates, and overall usability. I'm extremely happy with the product and would definitely recommend the service to other marketing automation users!

Pros

It's a great time (and money) saver. Customer service is awesome!

Cons

It lacks some functionality and DIY customization out of the box.

Taylor G.

Easily the best email software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

This is the way email software should be. FeedOtter made our blog digest 100% better and for half the cost of what we were previously using. I set up our daily and weekly campaigns in under 10 minutes and was able to quickly integrate with Marketo. I've recommended it to other Marketing pros and teams within our organization. Couldn't be happier with it. As an added bonus, the level of customer support I've received is way above any other vendor I've worked with.

Cons

Being able to easily customize each template a bit more would be nice. But that certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.

Easy Marketo integration

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

We've integrated FeedOtter with our Marketo instance and found it to be a clean, simple way to deliver digest emails to blog subscribers. Great tool!

Cons

Only shortcoming is that cute otter pictures do not attend success/confirmation messages ;)

Michael L.

Support was very quick to respond to answer my questions and the product is very easy to set up

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

I do not have any at the moment. This product really did fill all our use cases and I have not had an issue that support has not been able to resolve in a short period of time

Pros

Ease of implementation - Takes less than an hour to set up

Flexibility of automation - If you are worried about sending an automated email that pulls content from an entirely different system, you can just have FeedOtter create the email and infrastructure to send out the email, and then you can test the email, create a/b tests, etc to ensure it is exactly to your liking

Price - This also happened to be one of the cheaper solutions on the market

Mike M.

Excellent product with Marketing Automation integration

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

There aren't many services for converting RSS feeds to emails and even less that integrate with Pardot. To top it all off, the design is simple and user friendly, while allowing for customization for power users. Finding FeedOtter has helped us consolidate systems, saving both time and money while providing an even better customer experience.

Kaitlyn H.

Great tool for an okay price

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

A little overpriced for our specific use case. Hopefully we'll get more use out of it in the future to make it work the price tag but overall the product itself is great and works perfectly with Marketo.

Pros

We use Marketo and set up was a breeze. Took about 15 minutes total and that included taking my time to review things as I set it up.

Cons

It's super easy to set up but there are plenty of free tools out there through wordpress that automate blog send outs for you. If we weren't using Marketo, I probably wouldn't pay the monthly price simply to automate blog post notifications.

Rosilyn R.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

We were able to easily integrate our Pardot system to our blog.

Pros

I love the simplicity of FeedOtter. It took no time to implement and get the platform set up and connected to our Pardot system.

Kelly D.

FeedOtter is the place to be

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Makes business content easy to get out in an organized fashion.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't love about it.

Heidi H.

No features, little flexibility, can't customize, insert image or schedule posts. Really unhappy.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

Easy to set up and use (as long as you don't care what it looks like, the wording or just about anything customized.)

Cons

Where to begin....FeedOtter has virtually no functionality besides pulling in text from the blog, inserting a logo and then sending. You can't even insert a basic banner image, insert text, customize it or even schedule a post. Don't listen to the site where it says you can customize it within the HTML. We had HTML and CSS experts working on it for days and there is no easy way to go into the code to make changes. I was dumbfounded how little this produce does. Such a disappointment.

Response from FeedOtter

Heidi,

I've sent you several emails over the past months trying to learn what features would be most helpful to you with no response. I apologize for the simplicity but our product was made to do 1 thing really well, send blog posts via Marketo & Pardot and that is what we do.

Please let me know if you'd like to speak anytime.

Best,

Viola H.

Straightforward integration with Pardot

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

Easy to set up (took a few hours to set everything up), integrates with Pardot, flexible layout templates and wonderful support.

Joshua F.

beautiful automagic emails

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Save time. Make a good impression. Easily create automated emails from RSS (blog posts) to Pardot email list

Pros

Super easy, gorgeous emails from RSS. Works seamlessly and, as a not-super-technical user, I was able to set up weekly RSS feed->Pardot took under an hour. Been easy to do things like modify template, I like it that I can directly edit stuff in HTML

Cons

more amount than I wanted to spend, it's good software but it's a bit of a stretch to add on top of pretty expensive Pardot

Joseph C.

Great Product, Amazing Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Pros

FeedOtter is great for our company! As a means to send out automated emails to our clientele and people interested in our suite of products, it's an invaluable tool that has proven to be extremely useful for our company and easy to use. And their customer service was so outstanding that they were able to work with me on the Marketo integration as well. They respond quickly whenever we have questions and are always pleasant to deal with.

Daisy H.

Invaluable tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/14

We integrated our FeedOtter with our Pardot Db and send out a weekly branding email. We track opens and clicks within Pardot. Eventually, we'll add a monthly email to provide flexibility to our subscribers. The product is very easy to use, the customer service is excellent (they went above and beyond in helping set up and made sure I was happy at launch) and the app is a great value for the price.

Pros

Easy, functional and people are gaining exposure to our brand!

Cons

Let Pardot purchase you so that it's integrated automatically? :)