Showing 62 reviews of 50

Showing 62 reviews of 50
Kyle M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best cloud backup option for the price~

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

Cloud Ally is extremely easy to use and integrates with a variety of services. Its very easy to set it up and then forget about it, but is there when you need it! We use it to backup Office 365 exchange email accounts, Box accounts, and Sharepoint. Its come in handy to recover lost files and deleted emails.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little difficult finding emails to restore. I also wish that there was a global search option for emails. Currently, you can only search 1 mailbox backup at a time.

Hong C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

GREAT CLOUDBASE SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

overall, I like using office 365 backup and it is essential in this day and age

Pros

I never lose my progress with this backup, the storage you get is worth the money. i take my work anywhere with this application

Cons

worry about the security of my file. You often need to do a manual backup of your information which is a hassle

Eric B.
  • Industry: Food Production

CloudAlly backs up our entire cloud infrastructure with no headaches

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Daily backups of all cloud services.

Pros

It's very easy to add cloud services and schedule a backup as well as retention times. Daily status emails indicate success or failure of the backups. Failure messages include steps to resolve the issue. We have successfully restored data on a few occasions. Overall CloudAlly is easy to setup and use. The price is in line with expectations.

Cons

The status messages can be confusing in some cases, with one email indicating you need to resolve an account problem with one of your cloud services, and the next indicating you need to contact technical support to assist with the problem. The billing addresses have changed twice since we started using the software, and we pay a foreign currency fee for payment to a non-US company. It appears to be an Israeli held company at the moment.

Joseph F.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

BLT review of CloudAlly

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I find the product easy to use and the support I have received has been outstanding. When ever I am having an issue or cannot find something, support is quickly there to resolve or assist me. Searching on OneDrive/SharePoint is difficult still at this time but plans to resolve this is underway. I would definitely suggest CloudAlly to other customers.

Pros

Quick and easy. Restores are very quick. Drill down to just a file (or search) has greatly improved since I first starting using CloudAlly. Support is outstanding.

Cons

sharepoint/onedrive are all listed and just searching for a particular user is not available at this time. I have to scroll through all the backups to find a user I am looking for

Response from CloudAlly

Thanks.

David O.

If you need backup for Office 365 mailboxes look no further

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We use CloudAlly to backup executive mailboxes. It's VERY easy to setup and use. We've done folder and item level restores just to test and they work fine.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, once you enter your tenant credentials, you just select which mailboxes to backup. They take care of the backend storage. And the price is great.

Cons

My only tiny complaint is I wish it would only email you when the backup failed. But the email shows mailboxes failed in red text so it's easy to just glance at it and delete. It has never once failed to backup.

Response from CloudAlly

Thank you for submitting your review.

Natalya P.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

I like that it does the backups on its own daily.

Cons

I think it would be nice to have clear instructions on how to retrieve the backup if necessary.

Response from CloudAlly

Hello Natalya

Hillary A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Office 365 back up

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Good soft ware for storing company information

Pros

Easy to use, value for money and cost effective

Cons

Cannot be used while offline, requires a lot of data.

Response from CloudAlly

Hello Hillary

Andrew D.

Wonderful product - keeping building the API links

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

All round good service and team - provides great peace of mind. It would be wonderful if CloudAlly also provided backup for Xero (small business finance product) and Wordpress websites as I have to put other back-up solutions in place for these products. Andrew

Cons

Needs links to Xero and Wordpress websites to provide me with the comprehensive cloud back-up solution I would like.

Peter C.

Trivial to setup and use, it just works.

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

The ease of setup and use is outstanding. Total reliability it just works. I feel very safe with CloudAlly backing up my Office 365 accounts. Outstanding value.

Pros

Ease of setup and use. Simple reliable and easy to understand when we want to recover.

Cons

Restore interface took a little bit to get used to. Since its used very infrequently it has to be ULTRA intuitive and extremely easy to be sure what you're doing.

Eduardo P.

Usefull solution

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

It works, but I don't believe that this kind of solution is a must have for those companies who trust in Office 365, once OneDrive has its version control and etc.

Pros

It works fine!

Cons

Not so friendly interface. The Onedrive copies used to growing up too fast, making CloudAlly costs increase in the same way, this is what make me drop this service.

Petya M.

Very easy to set up and it does a good job!

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Quick backup and restore, as promised.

Pros

Great Cloud services! It is easy to set up - backups, daily or weekly. The emails, giving info about the succes of each backup are very helpful. Its price is relatively fair.

Cons

It would be nice to have an option to search emails everywhere, not this is not available. Still this is not that important issue, just small inconvenience.

Jussi M.

Good, some features needed.

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

Working good. Because of our security policy requirements (locally stored backups), I would really like to see the function to somehow download all users latest data in single .pst more easier.

Response from CloudAlly

Thank you. We have sent your request to our developer team for review.

Bill B.

Excellent Product and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I was looking for a backup solution and came upon CloudAlly. I found it extremely easy to use and I can recover any file or folder with ease. Very good product.

Response from CloudAlly

Thank you for your excellent review!

Ian L.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Easy to use and provides confidence your O365 environment is backed up.
Many of my customers have found that this service is a key requirement.

Kris H.

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Great product but the incremental restore process could be more intuitive. Other than that been a great backup solution for G Suite

Mike K.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Office 365 backup

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

I really like that it is easy to restore deleted items. It is a great thing to have if you tend to accidentally delete things you need access to.

Cons

It would be nice to have offline backup from the same software.

Response from CloudAlly

Thank You.

Oreofe J.

Saving Cloud Data has never been so easy.

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Intuitive, flexible and fully functional. These are the words that aptly described my experience with CloudAlly's excellent backup service. Prior to using CloudAlly, I had tweaked and worked with a couple of online backup services which at the best, required a medium to long term learning curve.

Signing up to CloudAlly's service as a first time user, the simple, intuitive dashboard that clearly indicated the most important features - backup and restore was a pleasant discovery and a big relief. Navigation was a breeze and I got my backup procedure up and running in less than a minute (yes, less than 60 seconds). I concluded my entire backup exercise in a couple of minutes but I would definitely expect that the more data I need to backup, the longer this procedure would take.

On a positive note, when you are done with the initial backup, CloudAlly will keep tag of subsequent changes and adds only new files or new versions of files when required.
The list of accounts I can backup is quite impressive and it includes: Salesforce, Yahoo Mail, Amazon S3, Onedrive, Office 365 Exchange, Box, Google Apps and much more. If you are looking at combining two or more services or accounts, it is easy to select which service or account you want to backup on CloudAlly.

I also discovered another agreeable feature: Setting up multiple users (admins) to access the account. This is a great feature in case you need work to be done by someone else. It means I can delegate tasks and know who did what and when via the audit trail.
Interestingly, CloudAlly's restore process did not overwrite my currently existing data. As a matter of fact, all the data processed with CloudAlly are tagged "CloudAlly Restore" so you can easily know where your data came from when you perform a restore operation. Great feature!

Did I mention that I organized my backup and restore procedure as a first time user without help? Yes I did and I should say that sometimes a user manual can be more difficult (to read or use) than the actual application, so I was pleased to discover that CloudAlly's comprehensive user guide (which is freely available to all subscribers) did not fit into this `difficult to read' category.
Cloud to cloud back up is a must have for everyone on the Internet and kudos to Team CloudAlly for delivering an efficient, easy to use tool that makes the backup process a stress-free exercise.

Response from CloudAlly

Yes, Jason ... Thanks for the good review.

Murad O.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Backup

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

I'm very satisfied with the tool.

Pros

I do yearly a backups for my emails so everything will be safe and can be retrieved easily.

Cons

This option mostly not appear as part of the main GUI, sometimes I cannot find it and I need to look for it.

Johnnie H.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Not Enough

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Our overall experience was for a shot time. During that time we had a good experience with Office 365 backup it just didn't have everything we were looking for in a backup system.

Pros

What I liked most about Office 365 backup is that you had access to the files that you have backuped at any given time. Office 365 backup was not that hard to access and use. I like that about Office 365 backup, but at the time Office 365 backup is not what we were looking for.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Office 365 backup is that it wouldn't backup automatically. We were looking for something that would backup every day on its own at the time and date set up to. Office 365 backup at that time didn' t have that to offer. That was the main reason we didn't keep Office 365 backup.

• Industry: Law Enforcement

Back up with Ease

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

This product is very easy to set up and very easy to use. They offer a 15 day trial period and its affordable after that! We use it to back up our emails mostly but you can back up contacts and documents as well. Deos exactly what it is suppose to do.

Cons

There isn't anything at this time that I have not liked about this product. We have only used it for the last 6 months so will review again after longer usage.

Response from CloudAlly

Thank you for submitting your review of our Office 365 solution.

Kevinson L.

Easy, Excellent and Cost-Effective Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2016/11/24

I had used other backup solutions but wanted something more secure and reliable. After doing some research online, I stumbled on CloudAlly and I almost dismissed it until I saw the 15 day free trial. So I knew I had nothing to lose, and if anything, 15 days is long enough to know whether this is a great backup app or another joke.

So, I proceeded to sign up, and it was so easy because unlike many platforms that ask for an email, username, password, company name and God knows what else (all these details can be off-putting to new users, and there's absolutely no reason to ask too much from an entirely new user), CloudAlly allows sign up using your Google or Facebook account. My Gmail is always open on my computer so, this was a breeze.

After signing up, I was logged in immediately and what amazed me was the simplest interface I have ever seen on a cloud backup platform. No clutter, annoying ads, pop ups and anything else that would make you locate the exit button. And with their simple interface comes easily accessible buttons directing you where to click in order to back up, and where to click when storing your data.

One exceptional feature of this app is that unlike other apps like Google apps, Salesforce and Office 365, which rely on the trash folder for data recovery (data can be lost upon purging the trash folder), CloudAlly backs up everything to the cloud, making recovery super easy. It's one of the safest apps available since it's ISO 27001 certified and HIPAA compliant. It's very secure because it has Amazon S3 secure storage and it's encrypted as well.

What's more, it starts from as low as $2 per month per user for 5GB data to $3 per month per user for anything more than 5GB. And annual subscriptions seem more affordable for companies because CloudAlly offers 2 months free subscription on annual plans. Highly recommended!

Pros

1. Easy to use - Easy to sign up, simple interface and clickable buttons

2. Affordable for companies especially for annual subscriptions

3. Data is safe, secure and encrypted

Shawn R.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Been using CloudAlly for 18 months, works exactly as advertised

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Having migrated to Office 365 last year, we needed an easy to implement a backup solution for our Office 365/Exchange email for our 45 person charity. CloudAlly just works... It takes less than an hour from purchase to completion to configure everything, which is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for. They have been constantly upgrading their software and making improvements, and they have really worked with us pricing wise being a small charity. When you need to restore a mailbox or a folder or download a PST archive, it literally takes 5-10 clicks from login to done. Easy is good.

Pros

Discount pricing, easy to setup and use, menus are straightforward and not confusing.

Cons

Hard to say. It does what it is supposed to do and does it well.