Help Desk Migration

Online help desk data migration service

Carol S.
Industry: Online Media

This product was perfect for helping us migrate our support ticketing software!

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

We migrated from Zendesk to Hubspot for our ticketing software.

Pros

The free demo allowed me to test the functionality of the migration, examine the results, tweak the settings, and retest. I did this at least 50 times and asked support a ton of questions. They were extremely fast at replying and super helpful.

Cons

The only con was that during the final live migration, the tool got stuck twice on bad data, and their support (who responded quickly to help) had to do something to fix. It would be good if the tool could skip these bad records and keep going, and then spit out a report at the end of what was missed.

Jonas H.
Industry: Computer Software

A must have for migrating help desk software

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

I cannot say enough good things about the people at Help Desk Migration. They are extremely helpful, amazingly responsive, answered all of my questions, and kept me updated while the data migration was occurring. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were all fantastic to work with.

The software itself is very easy to use and you can do trial runs to make sure that all of the information will transfer. In my first trial run I noticed one of our custom fields was not in the pick list, I submitted a support ticket about it, and very quickly they got the custom field added to the pick list. The full data migration occurred without a hitch.

Pros

The answer to the question "What did I like most about this software?". Everything!!

Ease of use: Check!
Responsive Support: Check!
Responsive Development: Check!
Full data migration: Check!
Very reasonable cost: Check!

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing I did not like about this software.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Jonas, it was such a pleasure to help you with your migration!
Many thanks for your kind words!

Steve S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Made our migration simple

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

HDM came through when Kayako couldn't. We were supposed to migrate our ticket centre through Kayako, but after a month of sandbox usage, a couple days before the migration, when we reached out to confirm the upcoming migration, they let us know the rep we were working with was no longer with the company, and that they could not complete our migration for a few months as they were rebuilding their migration engine.

HDM stepped up and helped us migrate our ticket centre without the help of Kayako, and gave us a discount as well. They came through for us when Kayako couldn't.

Speed of migration
Cost efficient

Cons

Some of the knowledgebase articles were not migrated into the proper categories, but was an easy fix. Everything went into 'Source Default Folder', but it did create the other categories. Just needed to go through and change them after the fact
Doesn't show any stats during the migration to see how fast the import is going. They can let you know on the backend
Sometimes fails without any decent error message, but the team will let you know and it will pick up where it left off

Jeffrey O.
Industry: Financial Services

Desk.com Conversion

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Moving 9,000 tickets from Desk.com to Zendesk could be nerve-racking especially since you want to make sure all the various ticket types came over correctly, all the agents got correctly assigned, all the back and forth communications were there, and especially the attachments. When I had questions, support from representative and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
was second to none, they indeed were quick to respond and guided me through the entire process. Their customer support was excellent, and they were priced very reasonably.

Pros

Our mappings were not complicated, and for the most part, I was able to map my custom fields from Desk.com over to Zendesk. It was easy to do, and I could do a sample port as many times as I needed just to ensure everything came over correctly.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind because I was told upfront of expected behavior.

Response from Help Desk Migration

It was a pleasure to work with you!

Saul T.
Industry: Information Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy migration, prompt contact and follow up with clear communication

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

Migration from our old Helpdesk software to Zendesk. Assistance in mapping fields to ensure everything came across correctly

Pros

They took care of pretty much everything for us & provided guidance. Our Zendesk has quite a lot of custom pieces in it. HDM was able to provide guidance on the best way to migrate into this.

Cons

A little more documentation about the best way to have custom fields setup and managed in the migration would speed things up. But we had a complicated setup, so wouldn't be relevant to most users.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you for your review, Saul!
It was a big pleasure to perform migration for your company!

Laurie V.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Did Exactly What we Needed

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

The process was very painless -- we explained what we needed, the team worked with us to provide exactly the service we required, and the migration itself happened with the click of a button. Highly recommended.

Pros

This was by far the easiest way to move our data from one CRM to another. The team provided fantastic service and even suggested ways for us to lower costs.

Cons

Payment is made through a third party website, and took longer than usual to process.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you for your kind words, Laurie!

Angelica Z.
Industry: Biotechnology

Intercom to Freshdesk Article Migration

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

Help Desk Migration allowed me to quickly and easily move all of our Intercom articles to Freshdesk. It simply took a few clicks and a few minutes to complete the process. Representative, the Account Manager assisting me, was very responsive and walked me through everything I needed to know.

Cons

The article migration isn't perfect because the text formatting and image sizes will need to be edited to match how they were set in Intercom.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Angelica!

Chris T.
Industry: Education Management

Great service and support

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

We needed to migrate our Helpdesk from one platform to another and without this service it would have been a complete nightmare. The support team were exceedingly responsive if a little over zealous in their communications at time. I would definitely use them again for another migration.

Pros

We were able to fully test out how the process worked and then easily get the process customised to fit our needs.

Cons

There really were not any issues around the migration so I don't have anything to say.

Vlad O.

I am a satisfied customer and I will recommend their services to others looking to switch helpdesk.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

Our experience with the guys and gals at Help Desk Migration was very professional and smooth. They knew what they had to do, asked the right questions and got to work. They delivered what we've asked of them, even when it came to custom demands like mapping certain custom fields.
They've stuck to the agreed timeline and finished with a few days to spare.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Vlad!
It was a big pleasure to work with you!

Marc G.
Industry: Internet

Super smooth migration

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Excellent

Pros

It worked and the reporting was enough to give me confidence that my records had migrated successfully.

Cons

I can not say there are any particularly negative aspects - I guess at a push, I'd like even more granular reporting to increase my confidence level that the migration had included all records.

Karl F.

Great User Experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

We started a migration, and had a bit of a unique setup. With a bit of additional coding a migration was created for out use case of desk.com and Zendesk. Their support was pro-active in reaching out as we were evaluating the migration.

Cons

I did not have a negative experience using the service.

Alan W.
Industry: Financial Services

Fast, timely and cost efficient

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

I appreciated how simple the entire process was from start to finish. Help Desk Migration team was super responsive to all of our requests for customization as we migrated over. Terrific all around!

Pros

The ease of the entire process was the what I appreciated the most.

Cons

Nothing stands out as a con. All was very pleasant.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Many thanks, Alan!
All the best. John!

Joanna J.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

It was easy to use and saved us a lot of time.

Pros

Easy to use and great support. It was pretty seamless of an integration. WE migrated from Desk to Zendesk.

Cons

Not much - it was what I expected and was easy to use.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Many thanks, Joanna!

Jesse R.

Easy transition from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

- Straight forward
- Easy to Use
- Chat-service for questions

Cons

Had some trouble to migrate tickets from .json -file and instructions wasn't the best.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Many thanks for your review!
- Natalia

Venkatesh S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

My experience with HDM was very good, they were promp on chant window and emails. TAT was very quick

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

Quick Response, Delivery on time. Good Assistance. I am happy with their process. They have as excepted

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Venkatesh!
We wish you all the best!

Timothy B.
Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Excellent Migration tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Pros

Ease of use, reliable, cost effective, excellent customer service.

Cons

not applicable

Response from Help Desk Migration

Many thanks, Timothy!

Brett J.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Superb service, very secure and great attention to detail

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

fast, friendly, secure and great attention to detail. HDM allowed us to migrate between platforms quickly with no loss of productivity

Pros

I recently was faced with the challenge of migrating from Freshdesk to Zendesk. We had around 1500 tickets and 600 contacts. After searching around for services to assist in the move I found Help Desk Migration. Their prices were super competitive, well under the other options on the market, and when I reached out to ask more, they were super helpful and quick to respond with any and all information I required.

I was especially concerned about security, HDM described their approach and I was impressed with how well thought out their process was and how respectful they were of their customer's data.

They even reminded me as soon as the migration was complete to change passwords and ensure our instance was secure. All the way through they were helpful and followed up to ensure everything was as we needed and expected. I have no hesitation in recommending HDM if you need to do a migration. Absolutely great in every respect.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Brett!
We are happy to have you as a client!

Tara G.

Migration from Desk to Freshdesk

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Our company was introduced to the Help Desk Migration team for a migration from Desk to Freshdesk.
We had a very large database to migrate over:

Contacts - 617 519
Organizations - 70 946
Tickets - 760 409 with a minimum of 10 notes in every ticket making a total of 9 Million records to migrate!

We had a slight hiccup with the migration however; their technical support team resolved the matter and continued with the migration with no further issues. The team I worked with was fantastic, quick to respond to any questions I had, keeping me up to date and ensuring I knew I could reach out to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

Ease of use and the exceptional support.

Cons

I had no issues with the migration software.

Tom M.
Industry: Computer Software

Saved a ton of time, at a fraction of the cost

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

Pros

It migrated most of the important data we needed, from Intercom to Zendesk, saving us a tremendous amount of time, and the cost was a fraction of what we had been quoted by other similar services.

Cons

There was a hiccup with making a payment, and a "failure" the first time we tried with migration of our conversations. But they got the issue resolved before our fairly tight "go-live" window was over.

Tom L.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Wonderful customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Wonderful! They are FAST on their support and very easy to work with. Literally zero waiting during their business hours. I worked with 3 representatives, and they were all very knowledgeable.

Pros

Being able to reference our old Zendesk tickets in Freshservice was a must. This got the job done! The price was far less than what Freshservice wanted to charge. They did a delta import at the end as well.

Cons

I did not find any cons to their product.

Jason M.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Imported 6 years of support for us.

Pros

Did exactly what they advertised. They imported over 160,000 tickets for us from Desk.com to Zendesk. A few hiccups importing the data but they resolved quickly and were on it from start to finish. Quick support, good value and fairly priced.

Cons

Timezones are a bit further out from us (PST) but always responsive when we needed. Had a small problem paying for the service via 2Checkout but we worked it out.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Jason!
We are very happy to have you as a client!

Industry: Computer Software

Changing ticketing systems is always painfull, but this made it easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Fast and easy. It saved me countless hours trying to either manually copy articles or look for ways to export and import tickets.

Pros

Totally automated. Easy tools for field mappings. Retained all ticket histories

Cons

It would have been nice it knowledge base article links and embedded videos could have been updated a part of the migration process.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Many thanks for your review!
Your experience is valuable!
Could you contact us directly, so we could improve our process with your help?

Jordan U.
Industry: Wholesale

Full-featured Migration Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

This was an incredibly easy migration. The ability to completely transfer all data, along with current statuses and custom fields, was integral in saving many man hours or losing historical data. The price was very reasonable and I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use, price, functionality, and their support team was very quick to respond!

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the product.

Darin R.
Industry: Retail

Works as advertised

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Pros

It was fast and easy, and support was super responsive.

Cons

I didn't realize that archived (older than 40 days and inactive) records would not be transferred, but this isn't really a problem for us. Seemed expensive but was way faster than manually importing via an API.

Response from Help Desk Migration

Thank you, Darin, for your review!

Matt S.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Moved from ReAmaze to Gorgias

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

Easy to use, didn't need to stay on the page, customer service handled everything on the back end without me needing to worry.

Cons

The software did fail on its first try automated, but the staff fixed it within 12 hours and finished the migration behind-the-scenes