Leankor Reviews

Leankor

Project management, workflow & process automation solution

5/5 (3 reviews)
Robert S.

Leankor: Changing how we Manage Work through Enterprise Work Management

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

All organizations seek to obtain the greatest return on investment (ROI) possible for the projects within their respective portfolios. All too often, the work being performed by employees is not 100% aligned with the strategic priorities of the organization. This is not due to a lack of trying to do the right thing, but rather a fundamental disconnect and poor visibility between the work management and the greater strategy. This disconnect leads to inaccurate estimates of project cost (FTE, budget), and delivery time (schedule). This is particularly true for early stage projects. The impact of these inaccurate estimates is compounded by the large number of projects across our portfolios. Why continue with this status quo approach when we can do better? I propose that we rethink how we approach managing our work to improve planning accuracy and efficient delivery of project objectives to ensure R&D success.

Return work ownership, accountability, and governance back to individuals and teams within a Lean framework
Leverage a visual enterprise work management application built on a best-in-class, cloud-based relational database that will make the work transparent
The Answer = Leankor + Salesforce

Pros

Leankor is a very flexible system that adapted to the various ways are working and allowed us to adapt and customize our work ecosystems as work practices evolved. We have only begun to exploit many of the features of Leankor and Salesforce, but this application is not an all or nothing proposition. Teams can take a phased approach when implementing features. Leankor is fast becoming the centralized work space for the teams that I support which is a tremendous value driver for us. We have had great success in implementing Agile/Scrum project management and Leankor is a large reason why.

Cons

On occasion, we experience a lag when working in the cloud Salesforce/Leankor environment, but the value for outstrips any periodic inconvenience we experience.

Mike O.

My employees would quit if I took this away

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Originally, I bought 4 licenses. There were about 15 other project management tools out there and none of them would spend any time with me. Leankor's team worked with me to customize the product in a way that was unique to us. We aren't using it in a typical fashion, but they were able to help create the right solution for us. Originally, we started using this as a project management tool, but it has been such a hit within the organization, that we are now using it for tracking all of our trouble tickets, and all of our sales are done in Leankor, on the Kanban cards. The title of my review is the truth. Three of my team have individually said to me they would not be able to do their job, and that they would quit if we didn't have Leankor.

Pros

Every CRM solution available is only as good as the user's capability to set tasks. If you forget to set a task, and you work in a high volume environment, things fall through the cracks. The fact that we can visually see everything that is happening, every activity, every milestone, every sale, and every task coming due makes us extremely efficient. The fact that we can easily collaborate using Chatter as our main point of communication and storage has increased productivity by 18%, sving us 1.77 man hours per year.

Cons

I wish we could integrate email with chatter (its a salesforce issue). Also, we need to be able to link tasks with a set amount of time between our tasks. That way if one due date changes, all of the others will automatically change. Right now it is a manual process

Nathan L.

Leankor -

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Overall Leankor has develiverd on our initial objective which was to standardize our project management schedules and integrate that with other customer data we're tracking in Salesforce.

Pros

The thing I liked most about this software is #1 it was native the Salesforce platform. Beyond this point though it really held it's own as a project management / work stream management software. It has great set of standard functionality you'd expect in any software of this type but also had the unique ability to blend waterfall and agile methodoligies in an easy to learn user interface.

Cons

Some of the things that make it great such as being integrated with an Enterprise platform such as Salesforce also make it a challenge. This isn't meant to be a replacement for an online spreadsheet or smartsheet that end users are used to having full control over. The whole point of moving to this type of software is to replace the problems that those end user driven solutions create. This like any software requires support, development, and Administration which could be seen as a negative to folks who are looking for software they just download and install.