OptimoRoute

Route & scheduling optimization for every service industry

4,5
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: Self Employed

Simply the BEST

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

So you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour.
If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!

Pros

First and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.

Cons

OK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at [email protected] so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!

Jonathan S.
Industry: Construction

Invaluable product

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Routing improved and streamlined, bottom line increased, product pays for itself many times over. I have tried a number of routing software applications and optimoroute is the top choice you can make. Reliable and easy to learn you will question why you ever did without it.

Pros

I need to route two different work crews all over northern Illinois, usually 150+ miles per crew per day. In the past each crew chief would use a Garmin GPS to manually route up to 15 service visits per day but since using optimoroute we have increased work time and decreased travel time plus saved 15% yearly on fuel costs per crew truck. This product pays for itself immediately and will increase your bottom line! The customer service is first rate and I always received an answer from the team at optimal the same day and enjoyed a solution within 24 hours, The program itself is user-friendly and easy to master.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, I could find no negatives using this software, dealing with the company and the people there

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Jonathan, it's awesome that you're experiencing so many benefits of using OptimoRoute - that's what drives us! Keep an eye out for new features and upgrades coming out in the very near future...

Cathy F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Esceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

The benefits from the program has been significant to help us grow a new program within our organization. We are able to deliver to food sacks to homebound seniors because of you fabulous route optimization process.

Pros

The mapping of the route is very helpful and the most impactful. I love that it takes the guess work out. When a route needs to be adjusted it is with ease. The ability to divide the route between drivers based on time, percentage and miles is a huge plus.

Cons

I wish that it would interact with our Pantry Program and GPS systems. That would be a dream and would ease redundancy. I would love to see a place to add photos, customer sign off of delivery and time card feature would be amazing!

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks for your review! Great to see that OptimoRoute is helping your business grow, we love this kind of feedback. Stay tuned for our next big feature release - we think you'll be thrilled!

Eric H.

Good Set Up/Needs Updates

Pretty good.

Pros

I like that I'm able to move addresses Geo-Location to accommodate for alleys or driveways that are on a different street (aka, service spot is different than actual address spot). I like the functionality of the software, uploading routs etc. It's pretty simple to use!

Cons

The maps are outdated, and I almost ALWAYS have to fix the route. It marks roads that are not roads, are blocked off, or it will label a creek or wash (Arizona) as a road.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

R.w. H.
Industry: Farming

Making us look good!

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

This has honestly been a great software platform for our business. We looked at many competitors and options but Optimo Route was the best. Had all the features and more and the cost we right in line for a start up business. We will recommend this platform to everyone and appreciate the experience we have had so far.

Pros

We appreciate that this software has a tracking option and communication protocol. In the farming and delivering business communication is key and we are able to communicate with our customers and differentiate us from our competitors. Easy to use and very robust for the amount of money we pay. A great value.

Cons

We are not aware of how to integrate Optimo Route with our Wix E-Commerce platform. Integration would really help us save time but we don't know how to do this. We would like to have a better HELP or Support option in Optimo Route.

Rebecca D.

Groceries Delivered

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

Overall we are very satisfied with the performance of the software.

Pros

Drivers save time using the software and it ensures customers that their groceries are on their way. The fact that it integrated easily in to apple phones is great. Also helpful that you can download reports, and the driving delivery schedule.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to know where to go if you need to make unexpected changes in a hurry. For instance if a driver needs to switch their navigation app or if you need to edit some stops.

Cheryl M.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy and Efficient to Use

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

The program is a great option for what we were looking for. The routing program that comes with our online platform is not user friendly, so I am happy that I found this product.

Pros

It has some very user friendly features along with the ease of use and set up with the App.

Cons

Adding a adjusting routes after they start should not have to be manually adjusted. There are times that I have to add quite a few stops and it gets very time consuming.

Dan W.
Industry: Hospitality

Works well for us!

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Overall, happy with what it does for us.

Pros

Having the ability to have multiple drivers available to plan routes is super nice. The core functionality of planning the route for optimal efficiency is what I really appreciate.

Cons

It's a bit dated in how it works, could use a bit of a refresh to be a bit more intuitive.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tim B.
Industry: Food Production

OptimoRoute gets the job done.

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

Overall, we are satisfied with the features and ease of use for OptimoRoute and have used it for 6+ months.

Pros

As a logistics manager for a food company, we were looking for ways to increase our reach beyond grocery stores when coronavirus started, so we started a local home delivery business. We tried out a few route managing apps before settling on OptimoRoute and we've had no reason to change.

OptimoRoute's app was by far the simplest for our drivers to use. I also really like the ease of manual scheduling delivery points after I've already created a route. It's simple and intuitive and I can even make changes to routes that the driver is on and it will send the updates right to the driver's app.

Cons

One downside, is that it can be difficult to plan multiple routes at once for multiple drivers in the same city by only using the automatic route generator. I found that often I have to make minor adjustments to the suggested routes in order to optimize the plan.

Steven U.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Positive but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Really good on a basic level, routes are effective and reporting is adequate however requires a separate maintenance management tool so doesn't resolve some issues that could easily be managed in the app with some accounting integration.
Recommended for small business who are just looking for a route optimisation tool.

Pros

Very easy to deploy and use.
Simple integration into existing hardware.

Cons

The mapping that Optimoroute uses is different to google maps therefore produces different travel times.
No option to avoid tolls for routing. Believe it would be better to have the routing tool imbedded in the app. Also some reporting could be looked at as it does not appear to be correct. Also if hardware is attached to a vehicle the driver cannot sign on and off, and you can only track the truck not the individual.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pablo S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Worth more than the subscription price

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

I'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.

Pros

I am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :)

I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve.

Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.'

o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case).
o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly.
o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route.
o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode.
o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route.
o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing.
o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business.
o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.

Cons

With any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement:

o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed.
o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other
o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!

James F.
Industry: Chemicals

Small company using sofware

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

Pros

We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail.
*Easy to set up
*Easy to use once you get the hang of it
*Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to.
*Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work.
*Mobile app for drivers
*Online only which is fine with me
*Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

Cons

*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries.
*They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience.
*Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route.
*No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at [email protected] and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products.
Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss.
Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

Monica B.
Industry: Facilities Services

Well-Designed Flexible Routing System that is a Joy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and will easily expand with our business as we grow. We have been impressed by the system's flexibility with access to a mobile application. The customer service at initial setup was excellent and I haven't needed it since! I am also encouraged that new and valuable features have been added since we began using OptimoRoute, which reflects dedication to continuous improvement in the product.

Pros

Ease of use, specifically the ability to copy customer orders/routes as well as upload them using Excel.
Flexibility of routing settings, planning and desktop/mobile application display.
The accompanying mobile application is exceptionally stable and easy to use for our technicians.
Live service schedule with status.
Email notification of arrival feature will be useful for customer communication.

Cons

Wish List -
We need additional custom fields to be able to display multiple services within the mobile application (only 5, could use 10).
Mobile application does not capture actual start time when technician starts the day by logging in On Duty, which could assist in timekeeping and reduce the need for an additional service.
Must log in to send routes to the mobile application daily rather than being able to schedule to send weekly.
Currently there is no customer signature capture through the mobile application.
Would like to see analytics reports with more detail/display choices instead of basic bar graphs and be able to export all reports.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Monica,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your OptimoRoute experience! We're glad that you've found a lot to love about our route optimization software. In particular, it's great that you feel you've found a planning solution that will grow with your company.
We want to ensure you're getting the most out of OptimoRoute. Please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'll go over solutions to the issues you've experienced.
And - we're working on signature capture, it's almost here!

Dan D.
Industry: Real Estate

Valuable asset for my company

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

We are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Software update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.

Response from OptimoRoute

G'day Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your company's experience with OptimoRoute. Fantastic to read about the savings and efficiency gains that our route optimization is giving you!
We're working on adding notifications within our software. In the meantime - keep an eye out for our emails and social media updates, where we tell our customers about new features.

Best, Pete

Ann S.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great choice for growing companies

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

We have very busy scheduled and demanding customers. Using routing software has made the job a lot easier and saves us hours of time each week since we no longer live in spreadsheets.

Pros

OptimoRoute is really easy to get started on. The interface makes sense and people on our team were able to figure it out and begin using it very quickly. It has really streamlined our processes and allows us to make changes to our busy routes on the fly. For the cost, it includes a multitude of constraints and optimization/planning tools. It's great that it's able to distribute orders based on truck size and driver skills.

Since the monthly payment is based on the amount of drivers, the software will grow with us and that's exactly what we needed.

Cons

There are a few features that are missing that I hope will be added soon. There is no easy way to set up customer notifications that we've been able to find, though customer notifications are listed as a feature.

Adding the ability for drivers to add a note along with their order status update would be indispensable.

The ability to save multiple depots and create one-way routes between them would make the software more usable for companies like ours who are growing extremely rapidly and have multiple locations.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Ann,
Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of OptimoRoute. We're glad that you've recognized us as a route optimization tool that will grow with your business, because that's exactly the kind of software we aim to be!

Please drop us a line at [email protected], we'll be happy to go over the issues you've come across and we'll find a way to improve your experience.

Claude E.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Daily Route Planning

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

My general comment here is we are very happy with the product, the learning curve has been a little difficult for me personally but Optimo has been there EVERYTIME I needed help and that SPEAKS FOR ITSELF in my opinion.

Pros

EXCELLENT Support! We have some very specific needs for Route Planning (DAILY/WEEKLY) Optimo has handled our needs with some tweaking by their excellent support! We are satisfied with it performance and Driver's ease of use.

Cons

Learning Curve has been a little difficult but the support for it has been excellent even over the weekends! So I can't say enough about how impressed I am with that aspect of their product, even through the Covid crisis the support has been there for us.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks for your feedback - small businesses rock! It's a pleasure helping customers make OptimoRoute work for them in the best possible way. We're here for you!

Coby H.

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

We service individual trash cans that are clustered in specific neighborhoods. I can get the lat/long off of Google Maps one time and enter them in an Xcel spreadsheet and then just import everything into Optimoroute and let it figure out the fastest routing instantly among multiple employees who have different scheduling constraints. The app doesn't slow my people down and It handles stops that are very close together. My stops don't have a specific address usually so the lat/long feature really helps. I already have GPS tracking in my truck, but if I did not I would use the live map feature as well because it works really well.

Pros

This software has solved my routing problems and greatly increased employee productivity. It's very easy to set up the routes and transmit them to employees on a daily basis. The app works great and is very fast and easy to use. The price of the software is reasonable and pays for itself with the increases in productivity. It has made my job so much easier.

Cons

We sometimes start and stop from different locations and I would like to see it easier to set start/stop points for commonly used locations. I would like to see some ability for the driver to make stop specific notes when necessary. I would also like to see the route timing schedule adjust to when the driver specifically starts their route so they know if they are on time. If they have to start a little early or a little late then the scheduled times are not as useful.

Matt F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Routing Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

The customer service has been great. We initially had an issue that we needed solved with same side of street service an no u-turns. OptimoRoute was able to add this functionality pretty quickly so that we could see it in action before making a full buying decision.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. It has the ability to scale with the size of your organization. We were drawn to it because of the ability to assign "skills" to drivers. This allowed up to split up our fleet according to their specialty.

Cons

The price. It is on the higher end of routing software that we looked at, but with the included features and excellent customer service, it has worked out well for us.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback!
It's great to hear that OptimoRoute is helping manage your fleet's constraints. Most customers see ROI within weeks or sometimes days of use - so we're glad you're experiencing the value that our route optimization software brings. We're proud of our features that suit a diverse range of workflows. Stay tuned for new features, because we're continuously working on giving our customers the best product possible.

Best, Cathy

Cathy H.
Industry: Retail

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Based on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be.

I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route.

I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.

Cons

That when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line.

That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc.

That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Cathy,

Thanks for leaving a review about OptimoRoute, and for letting us know what has impressed you and concerned you. It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and the powerful capability of our route optimization software.

Please be in touch at [email protected] - let's find a solution together to these issues that have been troubling you.

Gc V.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

OptimoRoute has saved us tremendous time!!!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I mentioned many of my experiences in the above comments but this software has allowed us to streamline our fundraising goals. We are all volunteers and often times spent many hours in helping to organize our routes, drivers and deliveries. This software has taken the hassle out of the equation. I actually look forward to the delivery days knowing that I have access to this sofware.

Pros

The ease of use, accessibility and the features that the software has to offer. We are able to easily copy previous routes, add/edit the drivers and quickly add new orders. This allows us to update the system in real-time allowing us to be very efficient. The delivery addresses are color coordinated by driver, so I can manually visualize the routes and make changes if and when necessary. I also love the ability to enter specific times that each delivery may take. This allows me to assign routes based on the required time for each driver. In the past, the routes were split up into addresses and equally assigned. However, some deliveries require additional time. This is an amazing piece of software that we are extremely happy to incorporate into our fundraiser drive.

Cons

I'm not sure that there is anything about the software that I dislike.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi GC,

Thanks for reviewing your organization's experience of using OptimoRoute. It's great to read that our route optimization software is making your fundraising efforts much easier and more efficient. We're always improving features and adding capabilities - so keep an eye out for more ways of making your valuable work even easier to perform!

Best, Cathy

Christopher M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Plenty of features, some functions not as straight forward as I would like

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I appreciate the Live feature and routes. It's not as good at predicting the route as other programs I have used in the past but it's not bad.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to import my locations and custom fields into the web app.

Cons

Making changes to a plan already dispatched and replotting a new route based on those modifications don't seem straight forward. Also, some functions require repeated actions when it would be nice to consolidate. Example, If you select 4 locations and try to edit them all, if you unselect them from the edit screen, you can't do anything else. You have to go back to the edit screen after unselecting them from the route and then put them on another driver.

Sobe S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Must have product for any startup who delivers product

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Extremely satisfied with the price value of the product. This is a must-have for any serious startup that doest their own product delivery as well. You can manage costs more effectively and set up your own delivery team as well in your home city and area.

Pros

Easy to use and set up and very easy to use. The driver end is extremely easy to use. Instantaneous feedback on driver position and delivery status. Importing orders are easy. Scalability is great so you can manage cost as well effectively.

Cons

More support videos needed. Would be good to have more consistent product updates with new features. Similar street names sometimes put to wrong zip codes, and cities.

Jeff S.

OptimoRoute review - One year later

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

The folks at Optimo are passionate about their product and it shows in their ability to effectively respond to our specific business needs. Up until now, we've never been able to find an off the shelf product capable of managing our specific logistic requirements and Optimo has done an outstanding job in tailoring OptimoRoute to meet every one of these requirements.

Pros

OptimoRoute has proven to be a very versatile platform for our logistics department. The software accommodates all of our time, date and licensing constraints which was critical for our business needs. In addition to effectively managing our constraints, Optimo also manages the large volume of orders/routes we process every month. Another feature we have found to be beneficial is Optimo's ease of use. The UI is very well thought out and users can begin creating routes with very little need for tutorials.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind although some enhancements to the multi-user functionality are something we are looking forward to and are forth coming.

Response from OptimoRoute

Awesome to hear, Jeff! User feedback helps us develop new and amazing features, and your feedback always helps tremendously.

Joe C.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Everything we needed, big time saver

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/16

I run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks.
Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks.

Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great.

The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks.

We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access.

A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.

Pros

Pre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent.

Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop.

Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice.

Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.

Philippe P.
Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

It radically changed the way we plan our deliveries.
Easier for everyone, fast to get information for all as to WHERE our tucks are.

Pros

Ease of use, very little training needed.
One can be up and running in less then an hour.

Nice to be able to track the trucks live and to see the history vs the planned schedule

Cons

Doesn't take into account the actual traffic.
If you let the system plan your routes, the drivers will get mad.

Can't link a document to the delivery lines so the drivers can't have the clients confirm the deliveries.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Philippe,
Thank you for leaving a review about the difference that OptimoRoute is making to your business, especially the live tracking capabilities.
OptimoRoute does take into account road network information and this information is updated regularly. After surveying our users for accuracy of plans and routes, we found they are highly realistic in real-life conditions. Please contact us at [email protected], as this might just be an issue of fine-tuning.
Keep an eye out for even better delivery confirmation features - these improvements are in development and they'll be released soon.