OptimoRoute

Route & scheduling optimization for every service industry

Hana S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for Free Trial

EASY TO USE, ACCURATE AND EFFECTIVE!

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Distribution of corporate presents can be very challenging especially during Christmas/post-earthquake/COVID 19 times. In the year of 2020, we as a company have done it 2 times, so in order for me to best explain the efficiency of Optimoroute, I will just compare 2 exactly same processes with and without the use of Optimoroute.
MARCH 2020 VS DECEMBER 2020
OPTIMOROUTE NO YES
NUMBER OF PRESENTS 300 300
TEAM MEMBERS 7 1
NUMBER OF DRIVERS 3 3
DELIVERING DAYS 7 3

As you can see from the comparison above, not only have we saved the costs for drivers by decreasing the number of days needed for delivery, but also, having only one member of our team involved in the whole process, we have freed 7 working days of our 6 employees so that their time can be used in a more efficient manner.

Optimoroute saved our money and time by simplifying and efficiently managing process that used to be time and energy consuming.

Pros

For the use of Optimoroute software no special technical knowledge is needed, other than the simplest knowledge of excel. The best thing is, after you import all the data, choose number of drivers and optimize the route, you are able to print routes for each driver, but even better, you can import the routes into their Google maps so the only thing left for them to do is drive!

Cons

I didn't find any downsides of OptimoRoute software.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Hana,

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to review OptimoRoute - thanks!
It's awesome that you managed to save time and money with our route optimization software and that you found it easy to use!

If you'll be in the need of any additional assistance in the future, you can always drop us a line at [email protected] - our team would be more than happy to help you out with anything you need.

In the meantime, be sure to follow us on social media for updates about new features!

James F.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Small company using sofware

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

Pros

We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail.
*Easy to set up
*Easy to use once you get the hang of it
*Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to.
*Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work.
*Mobile app for drivers
*Online only which is fine with me
*Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

Cons

*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries.
*They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience.
*Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route.
*No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at [email protected] and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products.
Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss.
Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

Dan D.

Valuable asset for my company

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

We are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Software update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.

Response from OptimoRoute

G'day Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your company's experience with OptimoRoute. Fantastic to read about the savings and efficiency gains that our route optimization is giving you!
We're working on adding notifications within our software. In the meantime - keep an eye out for our emails and social media updates, where we tell our customers about new features.

Best, Pete

Cathy H.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Based on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be.

I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route.

I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.

Cons

That when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line.

That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc.

That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hello Cathy,

Thanks for leaving a review about OptimoRoute, and for letting us know what has impressed you and concerned you. It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and the powerful capability of our route optimization software.

Please be in touch at [email protected] - let's find a solution together to these issues that have been troubling you.

Joe C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Everything we needed, big time saver

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

I run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks.
Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks.

Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great.

The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks.

We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access.

A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.

Pros

Pre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent.

Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop.

Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice.

Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Optimoroute

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Optimoroute performs the role of allocating 50-150 destinations for a driver in a day in a simple and easy way for the person allocating the route and then sending to the driver.

Pros

Program is direct and does not include unnecessary functions for our use. Able to calculate the route at a high speed.

Cons

Would love that when you send an email of the route to the driver it would attach a picture/graphic of the route that is to be driven. So they can refer back to the email just to see a snapshot of the following stops.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks, Joseph! Have you checked out our mobile app? It works similarly to email (though direct to the drivers phone) and gives them a complete map overview. At any point during their route, they can refer to that map to see what direction they are going, which orders are done, and which are left.

Tarah W.

Saved us 10 hours a day

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Pros

Ability to import easily, or manually add. Locking feature for after routes are sent when you need to add new orders in is nice too.

Cons

No ability to have a "return to store" for driver's lunches. Currently you can schedule a lunch, but not at the depot, so we have to add in a "stop" for their lunches.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Trip Prep

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

It has made my job easier and faster which is great.

Pros

When we have a large number of files to distribute to our agents Optimo can create trips quickly.
Being able to see the routes of the files on the map.

Cons

Sometimes the trips are not evenly distributed between agents and cannot see why Optimo has plotted them so unevenly.
We print out the map of the routes so would like the option to change the colour for each agent as some colours do not print well and make it hard to see.
As this is an American product it can be frustrating when an address is not recognised in particular the RD (rural delivery) addresses are not recognised.

Bryan J.

Daily Routing Solution

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Pros

I create multiple routes daily for different locations - no routine stops at all. Optimo Route allows me to import waypoints, populate routes and distribute those routes to my drivers quickly and accurately.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create a Custom Excel Export - where I can define which columns of information I need exported and maybe even customize the format so I don't have to format the file for my unique application. I'm not saying what's available should have anticipated our specific needs, only that I wish this feature was available.

Katie S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Amazing

Pros

They are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.

Cons

For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!

Frederick L.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Driver Tested, Company Approved

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

OptimoRoute has been a great addition to our courier program. Its' quick and simple to use. For a company that is brand new to in-house deliveries, OptimoRoute's fast and easy route planning has been an incredible tool.

Pros

The software does exactly what you expect it too. My company tested 4 route planning softwares before making a decision. OptimoRoute was hands down the favorite amongst our couriers.

Cons

There are some features that we wish the program had that are missing. We wish it had more flexibility in adjusting routes that are already planned. Totally understand the logic behind their system, but as a consumer we just wish we could manipulate things a little differently.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Frederick! Great to hear OptimoRoute helped you break into the in-house delivery market. We'll be working on making route manipulation easier in the future, to make for an all around simpler experience.

• Industry: Textiles

OptimoRoute allows you to start optimizing from day 1

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

We have tried several others, but Optimo has the easiest UI and it is quick to customize for your data.

Pros

The software has consistently improved with beta tested results and excellent customer service.

Cons

Changing costs with preferred feature introductions.

Response from OptimoRoute

Great to hear! We always aim to provide features that better serve our customers, while still staying budget-friendly. Here's hoping your improved efficiencies and route management make the monthly price, for all your desired features, a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Jamie J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Food Delivery Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Overall, very easy to import and schedule on the computer and then execute with the app.

Pros

As a small business making weekly meal deliveries to clients, OptimoRoute allows me to easier import the weekly orders, plan efficient routes, and streamline communication with the recipient.

Cons

Being a (very) small business, I wish there was flexibility with the pricing structure. Allowing recipient to track the driver is important with fresh food deliveries, but our average weekly deliveries are quite low.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! Happy to hear you liked using our software and that you've found it to be helpful for your business!

As for flexibility, we'll be adding new software features soon, be sure to follow us on social media for updates!

Raymond L.
  • Industry: Farming

This software made a huge difference to our business

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Optimoroute software and the customer service helped me make home deliveries of my produce feasible. It's an important tool on our farm.

Pros

It does exactly what I wanted it to do. Plan 560 vegetable deliveries per week, with two drivers for the duration of our season. Software works both well in the office as on the trucks. My drivers like it. I like it. Optimo Route customer service is a pleasure to work with, listens, comes with workable solultions for my specific situation.

Cons

The transition from GPS waypoints/coordinates back to addresses at times send my drivers just a few houses over, as in there is some loss of info there. But with repeat deliveries, and the same drives, it all works out

Stephanie S.

Quickly manage delivery routes

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Very good software and company. I have received several emails from them letting me know they are there if I need assistance!

Pros

This software is very easy to use, and manage. The import address feature from excel has been such a time saver and I can revise routes and drivers as needed.

Cons

I do not have any issues or complaints about this software.

Josh G.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Overall very good app.

Pros

I like the simplicity. Very easy to train new employees to use the app.

Cons

I wish the driver didnt need to turn service on and off when running the route. I wish he could just press next

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks, Josh! So glad you like it. We hope to offer some customizations to the mobile app flow in the future. Stay tuned!

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Mission critical

Pros

Does the job. Web based, reliable, mobile app works, few complaints from drivers.

Cons

No access to consultants or other advanced implementation expertise.

Julio G.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Pros

Easy to use, good reports linked with excel.

Cons

limitations of drivers base on the price.

Sarah G.

Optimo Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Great customer service and very supportive our of not-for-profit status.

Pros

- flexibility re drivers and vehicles.
- quick optimization

Cons

- it's taken me a while to get my head around the process. It would be good to have access to FAQs or a guide of some kind.

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Sarah! We're so happy OptimoRoute has been able to help Sutton Farm for so many years now. I know we are working on building up our FAQ and tutorials to provide more resources for people learning about our many features and functions. I hope this comes in handy in the future.

Samantha C.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

OptimoRoute Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

able to keep track of my drivers

Pros

I can create three different routes for one day

Cons

auto defaults addresses when company has multiple locations under same name.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thanks, Samantha! It's true a strong suit of the software is routing for all drivers at once.
As for duplicate names for multiple locations, we recommend adding something to the location name to make it specific to the location (Smith's West, Smith's East, for example).
If you'd like help with this, please contact us at [email protected]

Pat B.

wonderful pro-active customer service

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

After making Valentine's Day packages for 54 of my best clients, I was struggling with finding the best way to deliver those beautiful packages. Your OptimoRoute program was just what I needed. It was easy to get started but got even easier when your support staff contacted me to offer assistance.without even being asked. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful, and went above and beyond my already high expectations in making sure that the route I got was the most efficient delivery possible. I am very, very happy with your program!!! Thank you for making my deliveries easier.

Response from OptimoRoute

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on helping people get the most out of our system, so it is great to hear we hit the mark!.

Paul L.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Brilliant software!

Pros

This software is intuitive to use. The more you understand it and use it,the more you learn of its capabilities

Cons

This is more expensive than other software but the savings in time and efficiency out weighs the cost

Phyliss P.

Easy to Use and Won’t Break the Bank

Reviewed on 2020/10/25

Pros

Easy to use, economical. We are small family farm the delivers our products to a local area

Cons

I wish you get pick a delivery location to start from and then order the deliveries from there instead of the depot.

Jonas H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Pros

The software is easy to use, and is really useful with mostly all the features we need

Cons

We are still waiting for the photo documentation feature

Response from OptimoRoute

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for reviewing OptimoRoute's route optimization software! Glad to hear it's been working out for you!

The feature you've been waiting for is about to be released, so stay tuned and follow us on social media for updates!

Mark B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Simply the BEST

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

So you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour.
If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!

Pros

First and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.

Cons

OK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

Response from OptimoRoute

Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at [email protected] so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!