Cloudbeds

PMS, Booking & Channel Management for Independent Properties

Shen L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Overall recommended but hope you can make some improvements

Reviewed on 2019/10/13

Pros

the PMS and UX. Easy to use for everyone. Set up is easy and flexible. Integrations are useful

Cons

the Booking Engine - not flexible enough.

PIE - trialled but the rate shopper took the wrong rates, not BAR so rate shopping comparison was useless to us.

Baptiste G.

Lot of problems

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

It's really a shame that a great software is weaken by pushy sales strategy, that make the software less efficient and create a lot of friction using it.

Pros

Easy to use PMS, nice design. Automated payment processing work great.

Cons

Customer support. What you need to know is that after agreed on a price, they keep trying sell you upgrade on module, propose your trials for module you don't need without telling you the price, then make it very complicted to get a refund.
This high pushing sales method are normally for B2C, but they apply them for B2B that make using the software really unconfortable. Also they block all integration that could potentially compete with they own module, meaning you cannot chose for example your own yield management software, as no integrations with third party software is possible. It means this software is not apropriate when you own several hotel as your need to make all pricing manually. They own pricing software PIE is really not efficient, and not automated.
Invoice system is not compliant with EU regulation

Response from Cloudbeds

Thank you very much for the review. Would you like to discuss the matter in greater detail? If so, please contact [email protected] and reference this review. We would be glad to understand the situation further.

Jessica L.

Great All in One Solution - PMS + Channel Manager + Booking Engine

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Overall we are very happy with Cloudbeds. It's a software you can trust. We were worried at the beginning since we were used working with local servers, but we are very happy about the decision we took to switch to a cloudbased system.

Pros

One of the biggest Pros is that we don't have to use any 3rd party software anymore. It all works perfectly together and we are happy that we don't have to switch between different solutions for our daily workflow.
It gives us full control over the business and a great overview of our daily operations. Since we started with Cloudbeds we increased our direct bookings and our revenue. Great software which we totally recommend for others.

Cons

Not available in German language.
We would love to work with a Mobile App.
No Accounting integration - we have to export all the data and upload it into our accounting software.

Shinta M.

Reliable & Affordable PMS

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Maintaining the property has never been so easy since we've used CloudBeds. We've expanded from 21 rooms at the beginning to a fully-functional 30 rooms resort.

Pros

CloudBeds has complete features that helps us grow our business for the last two years. They have provided excellent support from time to time. Our business have expanded ever since.

Cons

When they're updating the software in the mid of the busy hours.

Lara S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great reservation system for a small hotel

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Overall, I've had a really good experience with Cloudbeds and am happy that this is the company we chose when picking a reservation system. There are lots of different options out there, and some of them were less expensive, but Cloudbeds turned out to be worth a little higher price. It's overall a really good software platform, and their amazing customer service and constant improvements makes it a really good value. I highly recommend them!

Pros

Cloudbeds works really well at organizing all of our reservations from different sources. It has a user friendly customer facing platform, and the platform we use is nice too. They are constantly making improvements and really listen to their customers' suggestions. I think the absolute best thing about Cloudbeds is their customer service. Really. I don't know that I've ever experienced such good customer service from a software company. Anytime I've had a problem or question, I've gotten help right away. They seem to really care about me and my business, even though we're small. They always follow up to make sure my issue is resolved and their agents have gone out of their way to help me on more than one occasion. Also, they've recently partnered with Google to put their customers' pricing and direct booking information at the top of hotel searches! I'm very happy about this as I think it will make a big impact on driving direct bookings for us. To me this shows that they are looking out for us as their customers.

Cons

There are a few clunky aspects to the software that could be improved. Setting up new base rates takes some time as you have to do it individually for each room type. Hopefully they'll find a way to improve that in the future. I've had a hard time setting up the system to automatically send a receipt to guests after they've checked out too. I'd also love it if our guests could choose add-ons when they book like adding a pet fee. It would be great if they could make this work with all of the different OTAs too, so that it's easier to collect a pet fee. Right now I have to manually go in and add this, which means the guest doesn't see their actual room price until they have checked in.

Steve A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Cloudbeds has given my hotel a new life.

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Our goal when switching to Cloudbeds was to save time doing daily tasks but the software was done so much more. Our direct bookings have increased by over 35%. Guests have noticed the rate checker on my booking engine and felt confident booking directly. We also have seen a boost in OTA bookings. We added a couple of niche channels this past year offered in Cloubdeds Channel Manager and without any extra work from my team, the reservations have increased.

My favorite part of the software is PIE. No longer am I worrying about rate management. The automated changes make me feel confident that my rates are helping me maximize my revenue.

The time savings have had a big impact! I am a smaller boutique hotel and don't have the luxury of a big staff. My goal has always been to focus on the guest experience and to get away from the computer. Cloudbeds has streamlined every aspect of my operation and my guests feel it.

Overall I am thrilled with my Cloudbeds experience. The people in the company seem to be happy to help me succeed. Knowing the 24/7 support there is a good feeling but to be honest, I haven't needed support very much. The software has built-in training videos and the software has been extremely reliable. When I have questions I find the answer pretty quickly in the help desk. I give Cloudbeds 10/10. I highly recommend letting Cloubdeds be your software partner.

Pros

Cloudbeds is fast and easy to use. The software saves me time and has many features that are growing my bookings. My hotel is now more productive and profitable than ever. Plus, they have amazing support! Cloudbeds gets a 10/10.

Cons

Hard to say what can be done to improve. The software seems to offer the best technology around. I went with the Cloubdeds Premier Package and get updated regularly that there are new or updated features available to me. It's good to know they don't stop innovating.

Bruno S.

Good product but their API is VERY VERY buggy

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Integration with Booking engines

Pros

good user interface, simple easy to use, fast.
good integration with booking.com and hosteworlds.com

Cons

API is not reliable, don't build your third party app on top of it.
We got bugs or timeout with almost all of their API call.
Then they told us fixing the API bugs are not their priority.
So why do they sell the API access and make advertising on internet to say they are the only one to have an API

Response from Cloudbeds

Thanks for your feedback. The API is a priority for us (we have a dedicated team working on it) and we are constantly improving our API so that it's more user friendly and has a wider-range of features. A critical part of that product vision is definitely stability and infrastructure and it's something we are heavily investing in.
It looks like our integrations team is actively troubleshooting through a few support tickets with you right now. You've provided some great recommendations in there for ways to expand our API documentation that we're going to be implementing over the coming weeks. We're currently investigating where the particular timeout errors you're encountering are coming from since our logging metrics aren't registering it on our end. We'll absolutely keep working with you to find a solution here and appreciate your business.

Ettore Z.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Ideal for the independent hotelier

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Accurate bookings, automation of tasks (e-mails, booking confirmations, amendments, no more typing reservations into the PMS from external sources...). Staff productivity is high, loss of transactions/cash is low (easy to investigate where mistakes happened in case numbers are not matching). New employees are ready to work in a matter of minutes, while an "admin" user might take only as much as 7 days to get (self) trained into advanced features.

Pros

Cloudbeds is one of the easiest software out there. Forget about the hours of training, complicated setup... it's intuitive, and mostly automatic. It helped us reduce considerably the amount of hours needed to handle reservations and no more overbookings. It comes at a great value, extremely competitive to any other option and can replace multiple other systems: channel manager, revenue manager, e-mailing automation... it does it all! The customer support is excellent and very quick to respond - always with a "can do" attitude.

Cons

This software was built for small/medium independent hotels. It fulfils its purpose beautifully. However, if you deal with a large volume of groups for example, it will be a bit inconvenient. Here's the good news: there are hundreds of new functions being developed and the software gets big updates almost every month. Group functions are coming by the end of 2018, and this software just keeps getting better.

Andre G.

Good. Not awesome

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I've been using cloudbeds for one year now. It is a good PMS. The upside: very intuitive and easy to use, great for reception. Basic important features are present.
It is far from being a perfect system though.
Downside: support could definitely be improved. Even though the email support is somewhat fast, support by phone or chat is not available.
They desperate need to improve mobile experience! No app! Using it on your phone is a very bad experience.
Some features are also missing. For example: not possible to send multiple rates to OTA's. Not possible to track pick up evolution in the revenue management tool.
Not possible to export the amount due to another guest or to the same guest in the future.
It is a good system. Fair. Not awesome.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, basic important features are present

Cons

No support by phone or chat. Some functionalities are missing like multiple rates exported to OTA's.

Shai E.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The best channelk manager

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

Pros

Everything, it is very easy to use.
A lot of functions and a very good team behind the software.

Cons

Price. It seems expensive sometimes for specific locations.

Kate M.

User Friendly Hotel Booking System

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

I really like that I have one product that can manage my bookings across multiple interfaces and booking platforms. We have not had any clashes and I like that I can control and set rates for OTA's from within Cloudbeds.

Pros

Set up was easy and using the software is fairly intuitive. I like the style and functionality of the interface. It is easy to make bookings and create reports. We've not had any issues with this system in the year we have been using it.

Cons

It isn't user friendly on mobile devices.
I can't see all of my room inventory on one screen. There could be more options to collapse headings so that I can see rooms only.

Aaron E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love everything for the most part except for a few things

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

Ease of the system. User friendly and easy to navigate. Quite simple to train new hires on. Love the PIE.

Cons

- wish it could stop us from renting rooms that are marked dirty or at least give us a pop-up warning
- Don't like the way we have to do group reservations on it. When each room in that group is paying for their individual room it is very time consuming.
-Wish we had access to customer/technical support by telephone 24/7. Its very frustrating when we have to send an email about our issues and we have to wait several hours or even at times days before we get a response to our issue.

John S.

Channel Manager

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Pros

We use Cloudbeds channel manager to sync our calander with the OTAs. Since we have started using them we have never had a problem with the functionality of the product and we no longer need to worry about double booking our rooms.

Cons

I am unable to use yield management but this might be because of my reservation system.

Ma charisse L.

Best Customer Service and Best Value

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Cloudbeds was able to solve my issues being 3-in-1, channel manager, frontdesk and booking engine.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. They follow up on their clients to make sure all questions and concerns were addressed properly. Best value we have ever seen which means a great help for small business owners like Wilsons Bed and Breakfast.

Cons

None so far. Some features are unavailable and that is because of the subscription our company can afford at the moment.

Dace M.

Easy work with Cloudbeds

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

We just started to use Cloudbeds for reservation channels management. We will use it to integrate with Housekeeping management system, Financial reporting as well as Revenue management that was not in place previously.

Pros

1) Many integrations corresponding to our needs;
2) The person who introduced us the software has great knowledge about the system, but even more important about the business we do;
3) Easy to implement and use;
4) Quick problem solving and support.;
5) No integration fees and adequate monthly fee.

Cons

At the moment all looks fine. We are just missing multiscreen calendar for all our properties, but we were informed that it soon shall be released.

Brian G.

Horrible Support

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Frustrating Support

Pros

The software was easy to learn and had most of the functions we required.

Cons

Support is one of the worst I have ever seen in 25 years in the business.

Response from Cloudbeds

Thank you for this review, Brian. We are sorry for issues that occurred during your support experience. If you would like to discuss the situation further, please contact [email protected] and reference this review. We would value the opportunity to address this matter with you directly.

Juan pablo F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The very best solution to my business

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

Purchasing this software was a smart decision because it adjusted to my business needs. Cloudbeds is a friendly software, you can manage the bookings in a simple way!

Cons

This is a really difficult question! I’m trying to find what I like least about, but I can’t find anything.

Megan S.

software that works

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

remembering past guest names is great, however there notes would also be helpful

Pros

integration and easy to use. graphs and tables and reporting is helpful

Cons

add on's should be at beginning of booking process and Hero should be a channel partner

Sorphea N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

am happy that cloudbeds manage many task that we need for our booking and communication ...

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

save time for us intern of manage our day to day bookings

Pros

synchronize with otas and keep booking not missing or overbooking, and message are sent to guest both pre and post stay

Cons

Group booking management and booking engine need improvement also rate plan. is there any way we can send multiple rate plan to otas

Sean W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent tool to manage your bookings

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

Pros

service.

Cons

- the fact that you need to scroll down to see all your rooms the layout of the calendar i think should be optimised so that you can get a good visual picture of your occupancy
- email automation options are too limited
- reports are limited

Rodney H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best bang for the buck in the market!

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I love Cloudbeds. Everything in the dashboard and menu are easy to navigate and manipulate. Very intuitive interface. I am ecstatic that they listen to and implement suggestions very quickly. I don't regret leaving my old PMS for these guys, they are great!

Pros

Ease of use and automation of tasks.

Cons

Email based customer service.

Lance H.

Cloudbeds - The Fullest Package and Greatest Value

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Cloudbeds seems to be constantly improving. They welcome feedback and seem to actually listen. In the one month that I've been researching and using them they've already announced new integrations with other software and services.

Pros

Cloudbeds is an incredibly jam-packed PMS, booking engine, and channel manager all wrapped into one. The user experience on both the front and back end is intuitive and comprehensive. Zero commissions, literally hundreds of support articles, a steady feed of new blogs and ebooks, and a hip and forward-thinking team make this *hands down* the best SaaS for the small hoterlier.

Cons

I wish Cloudbeds offered group codes so private parties could have exclusive access to rooms on certain dates (like if we rent out our property for a wedding).

Quang N.

An useful software

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

The team members are friendly and helpful

Pros

It is convenient
User friendly design
Helps me organizing booking very well
It create this professional impression to our clients

Cons

Overall its a great product
Hidden functions

Rini L.

Fair

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

What did you like most about this software? It is easy to operate

Cons

What did you like least about this software? Some feature is not suitable for a small resort

Bjarmi S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Saves time and makes money.

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Cloudbeds is a great PMS system, the system is growing and getting better every week and the customer service is direct and fast every time.

Pros

Cloudbeds has increased my direct bookings and channel bookings faster then I could have hoped for. Cloudbeds also is a great time saver.

Cons

Nothing.