eviivo

Channel Manager, Booking Engine & Property Management System

Derek F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Simple to use. Value for money.

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

99% of the time it works flawlessly. Good support but not the fastest in responding to queries.

Pros

Simplicity.
There is a free trial!!

Their preauthorisation of credit cards is a key feature leading to us staying with them. It will flag failed cards I your booking calendar allowing you to cancel via booking.com if card not update within 24 hours. This feature saves money and offsets the cost of the software as failed cards have a much higher no show rate.

Cons

Outages - system has had a number of outages I last two years one of which lasted over 12 hours making processing payments for departing guests impossible via the system. Bookings received via OTAs impacted and needed to be verified. Outages are a concern and have triggered my review if alternative platforms.

Michele F.

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Pretty good ...I am happy with eviivo suite..just some changes would be so much better. Thanks

Pros

I find the most difficult thing about this software is that it is not designed for dummies like me. I have to get help from the Eviivo team and get shown the path. Once I see the path I can follow through, however it is not intuitive. I find uploading photos very cumbersome and the way you have to save them...lengthy. That whole platform needs to be upgraded? I think the whole thing needs to be a bit simpler to use...as mentioned it doesn't jump out at you. I like the price point, availability of help, and the result of the booking system though. Thanks Michele

Cons

As mentioned above..sorry put the "least" in the paragraph above

Donald W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Inherited this product....

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Monthly costs remain where we have bookings or not.... Most of our bookings are done outside of needing Eviivo and Merchant Bank.....

Pros

Converting over from Rezovation to Eviivo got off slowly due to Bad communication; once we got rolling it went ok...

Cons

Once we were done with the conversion team we fell into a hole; where All, and I mean All communication was done on line and response we slow, until the 3rd or 4th email.... trying to find a call to call was very time consuming, and I ended up having to reach out, back to my conversion team...
We have additional costs that were not there with the old software; intuit was not available for payments, so we had to switch - also with more costs to us...

Response from eviivo

Donald,
You are absolutely correct. The migration that we put you and other RezOvation customers through during the migration from the selling entity was a poor experience for many. The US team was brand new, the seller provided an unrealistic timeline and some very poor assistance and eviivo is still sporting a black eye from the experience more than 18 months later.

I am staring at your booking report and would love to chat with you on how your experience has been in the 18 months since the migration. We have enhanced the solution tremendously and our recent ratings by most have almost exclusively been 4s & 5s. I will reach out via phone to get additional feedback from you on how we can continue to improve.

Thank you for your candid response.

Regards,
Mike Weimann
GM North America

Thomas D.

New Booking engine/software

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall, once the transition was done, it has been a pleasure to work with the Eviivo suite. I have found great assistance from the support team members that I have worked with to fix issues. I believe that we have a great presence on the internet with Eviivo, and as the world transitions back from the Covid-19 issues that we can have another great season. We had just transitioned to Eviivo at the end of 2018/19 season. There were a few errors on my part with the way I set up our room availability, which caused issues with the first 6 months we were with Eviivo, once I realized what I did, it took minutes to correct and presto our business took off. However 2019 was a down year for us in terms of room rentals, and of course 2020 is.....

Pros

The setup platform, and the way our B&B displays to the public. As I use the platform more and experiment with different aspects of the program, I have developed our business to a much better performing one, baring the covid-19 issues this past year and the shutdown of our B&b industry for most of our season.

Cons

At fist it was the availability of online assistance, which is still slim on Sundays. Please remember that for us small B&B's Sunday is a high traffic day, and the availability to contact assistance with an issue is still spotty to non existent.

Debbie S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Software with a lot of options!!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Pros

I became associated with this software when the previous software company REZOVATIONS sold to Eviivo. The transition was a bit bumpy at first but over time Eviivo has become enjoyable to use. It has a lot of capability with a lot of options. Customer service is sometimes right on with help, other times I struggle to get a solution or a satisfying answer to my question or concern. I would like to see an improvement to the the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers.

Cons

I would like to see an improvement to the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers. It would be nice to be able to preview or edit the email before you send it to your customer. Some times it becomes this software makes it difficult to change the price of a room when you book it.

David C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Complete Package, great value.

Reviewed on 2020/06/06

Overall I have been very impressed over the 10+ years I have used their software. I have dabbled with other options but none are as complete and reliable.

Pros

Compared to similar solutions the eviivo suite is a very complete and well designed bit of software. There are fairly regular updates and improvements and the customer service and support is brilliant.

Cons

The multi-property version needs a few tweeks, for example on one tab you can select a property move to another tab and it has a different property selected which can cause you to change details on the wrong one. Not a huge issue if you are paying attention but it has caught me out a couple times

Lucy M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Eviivo is the way to go.

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

I use the system to manage all my reservations and payment. Completely satisfied.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. It makes managing reservations from booking to check-out and payment stress free. Highly professional and accessible support team is always available.

Cons

After the initial set up and implementation it has run smoothly and efficiently. It is easy to modify and add to.

Lee S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Up to date real time bookings

One stop shop

Pros

Simple to operate and keep all my bookings in one place never had a double booking with eviivo. Eviivo was my first point of contact back in 2012 and I have used the suite to both manage my bookings as well as my website

Cons

Only niggle is not being able to simply move a close out - have to delete it then re close out. Sadly its a shame that there is an ongoing monthly charge even if no bookings have come through but this has been evened out with no charges on direct online bookings

St.clair A.

An essential tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

First class from start to finish

Pros

The Eviivo suite provides a privately run B&B or hotel with everything required to get online, manage bookings and communicate with customers. It is wonderful to only deal with one provider in order to have a presence on every website that matters in the hospitality business

Cons

Nothing. The functionality provides everything I need.

Hazel G.

Not just a software. Eviivo is a great team , ready to help,just what my small Guest House...

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Easy to use and great reports available. The set up was very simple and the training provided on line was very clear and accessible. Excellent support from the Eviivo team throughout the period I have been using the software.

Cons

I am probably not using all the software to its maximum for my business; but this is my fault not theirs. I need to invest a little more time in using the software which will save me time in the longer run.

Tristin E.

A good start

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Good software after you learn it.

Pros

Once you get over the hurdle of a high learning curve, this product has higher functionality and features than many of the other hosting softwares. They offer physical devices for onsite bookings and they software and carry over contacts and reservations from previous booking softwares. Great product.

Cons

I used to run the third party booking softwares of a small hotel in Santa Barbara, we picked up rezovation as an alternative from our native software. From the get go, this product is limited in information distribution and functionality. You can’t force push updates to your listings, and it’s hard to create promo codes and “weekend deals”. You need extensive learning time since the learning curve is high.

Franziska B.

Generally good and easy to work with, generally happy

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Pros

Good overview (dairy), easy to make bookings, easy access to guest registrations, last software releases really improved

Cons

Some things are are hard to find (like changing minimum/maximum stays), searching quite a while for things you don't need every day, some overviews are confusing (like since Airbnb is involved, I have a base rate and and Airbnb rate); the App definitely needs improvement, not using it anymore

Paul S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good cloud based system, but pricey for Canadian properties.

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

Product is easy to configure and use in general. Great to have cloud based system with easy access from any computer.

Cons

Product is pricey when you want to connect to OTA's for Canadian properties due to exchange rates. Have found with recent update that some functionality has been lost, which is frustrating.

Tim Q.

See above.

Pros

Integration was very very rough as we were with the big integration from Rezovation. Customer support initially was extremely poor as they underestimated the tasks. However, once all the kinks were ironed out support have been very capable and responsive.

Cons

See above. Also still has some issues re data from Expedia collect bookings are never correct. I need to manually correct.

James B.

Booking Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Good

Pros

Inexpensive. Works well commission free with other OTAs. Clean and simple for a small operation and single user.

Cons

If staff changes over there is Somewhat of a long learning curve. Not easy to make changes to reservations. Selecting multiple units is not straight forward.

Response from eviivo

James,
Good morning and thank you for taking the time to review eviivo suite. I am the GM for eviivo in USA and would love to chat with you to get feedback on your suggestions on how we can continue to make eviivo a better platform for users like you. I will reach out via email and make sure that you have my number for continued feedback in the future! Thank you for your 2+ years of patronage of eviivo suite!

Joel and tracey T.

Webinar

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

General pretty good and the help with the webinars through lockdown have been great the ones we have managed to join

Pros

There are many features to help with reporting

Cons

The reports can be a little confusing and sometimes amendments on the pages can be difficult to find

Retha S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All we need!

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Pros

eviivo provides us with all the resources we need to make our B&B work!

Cons

We can not think of any. it has worked well for us.

Steffen S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Right hotel software for our house

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Fast commissioning and very good connection to the international booking portals

Pros

great link with the booking portals and consistency

Cons

It is a standard system for ready use. Individual special settings are not possible

Dave P.

Easy to use flexible and meets our needs

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Can be used anywhere. Keeps us compliant. Has more scope than we use at the moment. Gets regular updates to functions.

Cons

Need to sort disaster recovery solutions a bit slicker. Can go dormant whilst using it from time to time.

Gordon C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

make working with eviivo very simple

ease of use

Pros

The software is easy to understand and to normally a non user very simple to use. If there is a problem Eviivo always there to assist day or night. i have been very impressed with the effectiveness of the whole system.

Cons

It would of great assistance if we could highlight on the daily diary , bank holidays, public holidays, christmas and new year ho

James w F.

Happy to be on board

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

I’m happy learning the system

Pros

Knowledgeable customer support [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome

Cons

Adding Additional properties to the platform take a little time to assimilate

Response from eviivo

Hi James! Thank you so much for making time to review eviivo. We're glad you're enjoying learning eviivo suite and look forward to continuing to be a trusted partner and industry ally!

James F.

ok

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

didn't import and save all my prior guests

Pros

reports and set up work great together..

Cons

to many items that are never used and waste of my time

Glenna H.

Handy tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Overall satisfied with product and staff. Would like a telephone option for a quick question periodically.

Pros

Integration of previous program wad easy. Daily calendar is simple. Numerous reports.

Cons

Changing rates can be a challenge. I don't feel it is intuitive.

Jodene L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Extremely slow to respond, read the small print

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

None and they are charging me for service not received.

Pros

I have used several software programs for booking reservations. I was looking for very specific characteristics. I was initially impressed that a "training" was required to fully review the software. It APPEARED to be very personal attention and their desire for maximum success.

Cons

I could not review this software without signing up for a training. Like most others I breezed through the terms of the agreement in a hurry to get to see if this software would work for me. It turns out that by agreeing to the terms of agreement you are agreeing to being billed for 12 months for their service. Once I went through their training and saw the complete service and not having my followup questions answered I decided not to use this software. I was surprised to find that, despite not using their software for even one day, I am being charged for their services for 12 months. I emailed them and asked this to be corrected and to credit my payments due to not using their service and they refused. I let them know that I would do what I could to warn others of this little "trick" (who reads the small print? who would think that by going through the sign-up process, which happens all the time before seeing a product, in order to be introduced to their service they would charge for 12 months of service even though their services were never used?) So, beware. If you want to use this service they require that you go through a training to see what the service is but by agreeing to review their product via a training you are also agreeing to pay for a 12 month subscription. Secondly, the questions I had following the training were never answered. One email was "answered" (with a non-answer email) weeks later with an apology that they were SO busy.

Harmina J.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using Eviivo

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Eviivo keeps my bookings up to date and makes it easy to work with.

Pros

Eviivo is very easy to use. I am able make changes as necessary .

Cons

I do not think there is that I do not like about the software.