Property & Channel Management, Booking Engine, Guest Comms

Nikki Louise
Nikki Louise

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2022/06/28

Our overall experience with eviivo has been great so far, in the short time we have been using the system we have had a much better experience and more benefits compared to our previous system and look forward to using more of the tools and reports provided by the system which we haven't got round to using yet.

Pros

I like how easy the view of the dashboard is and how there are separate categories views such as "Actions" which shows you any cancelled bookings, deposits due, cards declined or over bookings.
It also has a lot of reporting tools you can use which is a bonus for us from our last system that failed us.

Cons

A feature we miss having is the fact to move bookings in the system. Sometimes we have issues with a property such as a boiler break down and have to move them to another property but we can't move the booking in the system to allow our cleaners to see the changes and what needs cleaned, we need to just block it off and manually tell them.

Petra
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

I was using it daily until COVID19 hit. Now I am getting a large amount of cancellations, but I am also blocking my calendar.

Pros

my initial training session was very important and over time - it is quite an easy system to use

Cons

Nothing so far, but I do need to take the time and discover all that Eviivo does.

Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

it was phasing out

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

something that was not complicated / user friendly / costs approximately $1 a day - same as Xotelia. We are a small Bed & Breakfast with only 2 suites and it was important I had an easy / efficient channel manager. The customer service support was also quite important. I do like their follow up and the reaching out to the business owners.
Audrey

Eviivo has been Very Harmful to our Business since Going Live

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

There are some useful software features to optimize OTA listings. Being able to manage multiple properties from one account is helpful.

Cons

Eviivo has been very harmful to our business since our Go Live date on 1/28/19. We expected that the Go Live process wouldn't be perfect, but their complete lack of customer support and communication concerning very urgent issues is unacceptable. Our properties are actively losing revenue every day this continues. Our customer service is suffering. We are unable to complete accounting reports and prepare monthly tax liabilities.

For a company whose self-proclaimed mission is "to champion the independent sector and help small hotels, B&Bs, and accommodation providers succeed online", it is unsettling that our repeated requests for technical support have gone ignored. By limiting their clients' ability to govern their own account settings, Eviivo has made itself essential in this process. Not responding to support requests or even acknowledging them is simply unacceptable.

The magnitude of the switchover from ReZovation is irrelevant; Eviivo imposed this deadline on its customers, not the other way around. The setup process was focused on making sure our properties were optimized for OTA searches rather than ensuring that our understanding of the process was clear. Most of the initial calls were a checklist to make sure we had pictures uploaded and amenities selected. Eviivo did not mention that we wouldn't be able to access something as fundamental as a Revenue Report or Occupancy Report without upgrading to the premium subscription rates.

Eviivo does not understand their clientele; proactive customer service and guest recovery are important factors that differentiate small hotels from the large brands. Support isn't even available after business hours-- their business hours, not ours.

Eviivo's website states that they have a guaranteed 24hr turnaround for their Support Query. Our guarantee has not been met several times over.

Eviivo's indifference is inexcusable.

Response from eviivo

Hi Audrey,

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch.

Anthony

Robust, Comprehensive Features and Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2023/02/01

Booking/Diary and Content integration with all the primary OTA's is both efficient and very time-saving for a busy owner/operator. Eviivo's Customer Service is excellent and a key differentiator cf their competitors.

Pros

Relatively easy to us for PMS and Channel Management software, very reliable and supported by excellent customer service: By phone, chat and via informative webinars.

Cons

Form design and printing options are somewhat limited, and the basic reporting function is somewhat 'basic'. Though there are add-on, chargeable features which are far more comprehensive.

Little Hotelier

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

Quality, robustness, professionalism and Customer Service commitment.
Pecco

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

When I was notified that eviivo would take over Rezovation which I used for 13 years, I was worried. however, all agents of eviivo I came in contact with have performed better than I could have imagined. it is just comforting to know that a team of eviivo has your back . thank you, I love you all.

Pros

The easy use was important for me and the continuing of records I had developed by using the software which eviivo took over.

Cons

nothing, I cannot say any negative word about this product. i am a completly satisfied customer. At 72 i need a lot of support when it comes to software.

ResNexus

Reasons for Choosing eviivo

Rezovation was bought out by eviivo

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

At the time it was the easiest way to go since eviivo offered to take over my old records and guest information
Christina
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good software selection for a B&B

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

We have found that the software is easy to use for us, and as time goes on they continue to update their software in ways that improve our experience as Hoteliers. We appreciate that they hear our feedback and are always working on ways to improve. We do not take full advantage of all that the software offers, such as the webpage, since we do not know how it would integrate into our google business app which is imperative to us to track our data. We would consider exploring this component more in the future, especially if video content was allowable. ie the possibility of adding 360 degree video for each room,and other videos of our property.

Pros

We like color-coded diary, the app lets you know if money is due, able to search for reservations in many ways, good selection of reports, the software is updated often to add new features and fix glitches, able to view and use on multiple devices.
We are usually able to chat with customer service in 10 min or less, and they are (mostly) helpful with our issues.We have been having to reach out to Customer Service less and less.

Cons

Sometimes we have issues with the integration to our merchant account, when we enter the same info into Eviivo it fails, but when we enter it into the merchant account directly it works. Also the templates for the customer communication emails are awkward(perhaps due to British English or British preferences) and guests are confused. Thirdly it is impossible to enter our specific cancellation policy into the options that the software has for us, they say that it is because of the OTA preferrances, but in the end we have 2 cancellation policies, one for the OTA reservations and one for those who book directly with us. Of course they are both written on the confirmation letter and cause confusion.

Isuru

Overall a quality product

Reviewed on 2016/12/23

I was looking for a channel manager solution for one of my friend who runs a small hotel which has 4 different rooms. We were getting bookings from Airbnb, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and having troubles to update each and every calendar manually. Especially during the high season.

I was looking for the cheapest channel manager and the Xotelia was the one. They don't have many features but definitely, cater our requirement. Initially, setup was bit painful because we had to enter all existing bookings into an excel file and then upload. Most of other channel managers like SabeeApp.com had cool features like importing all existing bookings automatically so that we don't have to do a thing.

But anyway once this painful setup is over, everything works as expected. We were having some troubles when sending rates and availability to Airbnb channel. Then found out Airbnb has some high restrictions, so due to that reason Xotelia was so buggy. But it is resolved now.

Now my friend who runs the hotel receive an email every morning, which room is free today, to which room guests are going to arrive today and their phone no etc.... We don't use a PMS, but this channel manager works like a one.

When it comes to Customer Support, I think they are having very few number of people so, if you make a skype chat you will probably get a reply on next date. The email support also takes time unless you bug them all the time like I do.

We can forget that delay in customer support because we hardly have to use them after the initial integration. The only drawback I see in this system is this is not mobile friendly. Since this is a web-based system, this doesn't display nicely on your iPhone (I double in iPad as well). You have to have a laptop with you if you are doing changes every time. But that also ok, because we get a mobile friendly email every morning that does the job.

Pros

Email sent in every morning about room status. Who is in the room, when they are going to leave, and who are going to arrive today.

Cons

Website is not mobile friendly, and there is no mobile application as well.

Response from eviivo

Hi Isuru,

Thank you very much for your email.
We are very glad to hear that you are very happy using the Xotelia solution.
We appreciate all the constructive comments and will use it to improve our solution.

Kind regards,
The Xotelia Team

Michael

Beware!

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

Our overall experience was very frustrating, and expensive. We lost business and time. We spent many hours setting up their system, only to never be able to use it.

Pros

We were clients of Rezovation, which was purchased by Eviivo Suite. We went through the process of migrating over to Eviivo, so we did go through the training process, downloading the new calendar, etc. The system appeared to be very much like Rezovation, which we found to be an excellent system. If they get their technical problems sorted out, then this might be a very good reservation system in the future.

Cons

However, our experience was that Eviivo was never able to migrate our data over due to issues with converting currencies to Canadian dollars. They initially kept telling us that it would be corrected very soon. Then they quit responding to our phone calls and emails. During the process the old Rezovation system that they'd left running in the interim also had problems and we often had to take it down off of our website completely. We feel that we definitely lost business during the periods that we didn't have an on line booking system. We called and emailed them numerous times to at least get a progress report and, for at least the last month, they didn't even respond to our calls or answer our emails. We definitely cannot recommend this product for any Canadian companies at this time (we don't know if it's functioning elsewhere).

Response from eviivo

Hi Michael,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you.

John

Feedback

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

The Eviivo university is a great resource as are the master classes. The communication has been excellent. The team works together to resolve our issues. Their accessibility helps resolve issues quickly. They clearly explain the solutions to our problems. The staff of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have all been clear, thorough and friendly. I have worked with others but mostly with this group. When cases are created we are sure to get notification of the process and or resolution.

The continuing improvements have made the suite even easier to use and address issues that I'm sure where flagged by users. The extensive reports page covers everything we need to run our inn.

The app has a had time connecting to the server and we cannot use the app to book with a guest while on the phone.

Pros

The ease of understanding. User friendly. Comprehensiveness.

Cons

Integration was bumping due to lack of staffing during merge from Resovations.

Steven

Good software, Great support

Reviewed on 2022/03/21

Great support, very professional and helpful expert support

Great support, very professional and helpful expert support

Pros

Easy to use, not complicated. Does not require a lot of IT skills

Cons

Not sure why Eviivo does not have its own 'merchant payment' system (i.e. FirstData).
It would be nice if we do not need to have a separate service provider for payment like FirstData.

Response from eviivo

Steve,
Thank you for the review. I understand why it might appear to be easier for eviivo to have our own merchant services platform. We have reviewed but maintaining the highest standards for security compliance and existing banking network that our partners provide we believe are more important considerations for most of our customers. Please note, I am unaware of any PMS platform that is not using a third party to actually manage their merchant services. We just happen to make that third party relationship transparent where others may not be as forthcoming. Thank you for your patronage.

Kerensa

Eviivo recommendation

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

Great experience and such helpful support, made it easy to sit back and forget about it

Pros

It does what you need it to do and the service teams are always very helpful in filling in any gaps. I've used the software in my Guesthouse for 6 years and I'd have no hesitation in using Eviivo in my next business

Cons

The RATES section always seemed to confuse me ... luckily the helpline was always there to put me right.

Little Hotelier

Reasons for Switching to eviivo

I liked the response and thorough attention from the Sales department
Walter

Great Customer support

Reviewed on 2022/03/29

Pros

We are new to the software but so far the support has been great. The support team takes their time answering my questions.

Cons

Nothing so far, I am working on getting the auto emails to go out like I like it but so far it is going OK

Lynne

Total Disaster of a Reservation Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/01

Eviivo is an innkeeper's worst nightmare. When we adopted a new, better software and disconnected Eviivo from all of the OTA's, Eviivo had the nerve to charge us THREE MONTHS worth of fees to disconnect, despite the fact that this was not mentioned in any sign-up documents or by any tech support personnel. When we didn't immediately pay the fee, Eviivo maliciously went back into Expedia and reconnected our listing to them causing multiple double-bookings. These folks are bad news. Stay away.

Pros

There were no redeeming qualities to this software.

Cons

This software was difficult to implement and use. Eviivo provided literally NO customer support, and they messed up our listings with OTA's..............erroneous pictures, descriptions, poor quality and size of photos, you name it, they did it wrong. We lost a 6-year, five-star listing on Bed & Breakfast .com along with four years of customer records. The transition from RezOvation to Eviivo cost us time, money, and 10% of our previous year's bookings, and gave us months of stress and worry. These people are incompetent and uncaring about customer needs.

Molida

Can be questionable

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

It provides the basic needs of any reservation software system. Being able to record gift certificates is a plus and the overall interface of it is pretty simple to understand and navigate for the most part. You're able to adjust room prices and minimum night stays and the reports aspect of it is decent too. You can customize the colors to differentiate payment statuses which always helps as well as customize and label colored flags to tag specific reservations all on the occupancy map.

Cons

The system is sluggish and very slow at loading anything. I've logged in from different computers and laptops, but it's not my personal laptop or desktop at work or my friends desktop that is making the system slow, it's the system itself. There is an update always going on and every update so far has not made the system more functional in any way or improved it by any means. I believe at one point that one of their updates had actually made the software worse. I don't like how it saves the same guest information over and over if that particular guest uses an outside third party website to make their reservations. It should be able to recognize the information and pull up that guest. It just makes it difficult to see thousands of names under the Guests Tab if you're wanting to search for a particular guest and it pulls up 10 duplicates of the same person with the same last name of the person you are looking for but with a different first name. That duplicate basically takes up the whole screen making you have to scroll until you find the guest name you're actually looking for.

Michael

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

Pros

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

Cons

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Meredith
  • Industry: Hospitality

Epic implosion of quality and functionality after 17 years...

Reviewed on 2016/01/31

Pros

We have had a B&B since 1998, and, when we opened, we used Munsenware's excellent stand-alone Guest Tracker system. As with most other specialized software, Munsenware and Guest Tracker have been sold several times over. Until about 4 years ago, the company remained responsive to the needs of its specialized client-base. As HomeAway has grown and become spread out over the hospitality spectrum, its focus on small B&Bs has evaporated. Technical support is virtually non-existent on weekends, a time that has a natural spike in lodging business and a commensurate rise in potential issues and breakdowns. B&Bs do not generally employ FT IT personnel, and, quite frankly, the problems that have emerged with the web-based system are on HomeAway's end, not the end-user's. The single most problematic issue at this moment--and the reason that I am compelled to write this review--is the migration of RezOvation to a MS Silverlight platform.

Cons

Over the past year, Silverlight has been unsupported by an increasing number of web browsers including Chrome, Opera, and, as the greatest irony, MS's own replacement of Explorer, MS Edge. We are Mac users, and, until this week, Safari was still usable. Now it is not. Our final in-house work-around is Mozilla Firefox which has experienced a couple of Silverlight-related crashes since installation. I am praying that RezOvation will continue working on Firefox just long enough so that we can complete our migration to another provider. Despite communicating our issues to HomeAway, there have been no fixes, just more dead-ends. I loved Guest Tracker and the early iterations of Rezo, but we will be taking our business elsewhere.

Carol
  • Industry: Hospitality

Wish I had picked another software!

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

My first season in our accommodation was nothing less than a nightmare. We decided to have Eviivo connect us with Expedia, and something went woefully wrong. We were being shown on the internet as "sold out" for many, many weeks, right during the time people would have been booking for vacations. Internally, Eviivo was unable to correct the problem without disconnecting us from Expedia, then reconnecting us - which took another 2 weeks. Then, wrong rates were posted for a period, and until a correction could be made, we lost another $450! We still have not recovered that loss. We will never recover the bookings that were lost during the time we were being shown as sold out. Additionally, we had people showing up at our B&B, and we hadn't been notified that they were coming, nor did their reservation show up on the diary. Needless to say, it was a very, very stressful season. Support has improved, but we still have money owed to us, a year later.

Pros

Not much. It did integrate with my previous system.

Cons

It is way to complex and way to many layers of complexity for the average person. It des not need to be so complex. All I need is a reservation system to accept online reservations and process payments efficiently. Simple, accurate reports would be helpful when doing taxes.

Paul
  • Industry: Hospitality

Deceitful pricing and terrible support! Stay away!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I understand that not all software is perfect but the main problem we have is that critical bugs have gone unfixed for over 5 months and the organization has been deceitful in their contracting. They promised a similar monthly payment for similar functionality but we are paying over 3 times more for less functions. This is not ok.

Pros

It looks like the software could have potential if they were able to fix issues in a timely manner. While they have some good pieces of functionality, they get lost amongst all the other bugs and lack of functionality.

Cons

I want to start by saying we were patient for over 4 months understanding that Eviivo was managing many migrations from rezovation and issues would arise, but after 6 months we have run out of patience!
The customer services organization is terrible! It is not the agents fault but any contact always leads to a dead end and we cannot get any manager to contact us. The software has constant outages that are never mentioned and they cannot fix basic but critical issues as getting accurate time stamps for reporting. Currently since their servers are in the UK all our transactions are logged 8 hours later than the actual time making our financials all wrong. This issues has been going on for about 5 months with no fix.
Sales also was deceitful during our migration process resulting in us paying over 3 times more than we did prior to our migration from Rezovation due to hidden processing fees. More expense for less functionality! Also, nobody from their team will bother calling us to discuss the concern.
This list can go on for quite a while unfortunately. As a small business owner I feel powerless and get a clear sense Eviivo coyuld care less about us and our business.
Stay away from this software!!

Carene

I WISH I read reviews before switching to eviivio

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

Nothing . I used webervations for years and had no choice to switch

Cons

THey advertised that they could be channel manager and connect/sync my calender, pricing etc with booking.com, expedia and airb

I gat 97 % of my bookings from Exp and booking.com .

After 2 months they could not connect with expedia. They kept promising, said wait. Then . disappear with no response from even the Snt Customer rep I finally talked to.

What lost me about $10 000 in revenue was that while they were unsuccessfully trying and failing to sync/connect with expedia, expedia stopped listing my property- they said as long as I have a contract with eviivio, they could not sell my rooms- and now . signing a new contract with exp, getting rooms and inventory . listed is taking another 2 weeks. So half my bookings in peak season was gone- I have had 4 yrs with very few vacancies per year- now I have constant vacancies thanks to Eviivio .

I wish SOMEONE would post an alternative- I cannot afford the downtime of . a channel manager making promises and taking months to get going

Stephen

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

HomeAway's staff is great. Having used old Rezov Desktop version for 8 years I've had many years of experience with their software and support staff. Upon wanting to update to a web based version I used a competitor for 3 mo's and although I devoted a LOT OF TIME I switched back to Rezov and have been happy primarily due to the EXCELLENT support staff, in my opinion second only to Apple's. No one's software is perfect but having great support staff is critical and most of the same team has been with this company all these years which says a lot :-)

Pros

The Tech Support Team is Heads and Tails above the competition. I'm not sure about some of these reviews as I have had such GREAT support. Yes would like to see better reports and few other things but that happens with lot of software. The support really makes the program stand out. And I've had no problems with the booking interface. Got notice 10/2017 that the HTLM version is coming next month and with it better reports :-).

Hassan

The best channel manager

Reviewed on 2022/06/29

Pros

I have always been in a look for a channel manager until I found eviivo. The system is user friendly and the stats in the dashboard help you to track your progress with one click.

Cons

The old app but it’s now upgraded to new app where you can have multi property and you can do a lot of things while you are not on your laptop.

shane

Great help from support

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Today my overall was GREAT! after three days trying to reach support, calling, using self help and trying to chat I got no one.
I have five riverside log cabins and I was adding a sixth. I was rusty on all the set up criteria and needed help for three days. I forget how I reached him exactly but when I reached [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he answered every question and helped me by actually making a couple changes on things I was having difficulty with and walking me through other items. Probably had 5 or 6 different unfinished items to go live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped through all of it. It was just hard to reach a person. When I did it all went well.

Pros

It can do anything a vacation rental owner can possible think of.

Cons

More selections when setting up for small users and not big hotels.

Donald
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Inherited this product....

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Monthly costs remain where we have bookings or not.... Most of our bookings are done outside of needing Eviivo and Merchant Bank.....

Pros

Converting over from Rezovation to Eviivo got off slowly due to Bad communication; once we got rolling it went ok...

Cons

Once we were done with the conversion team we fell into a hole; where All, and I mean All communication was done on line and response we slow, until the 3rd or 4th email.... trying to find a call to call was very time consuming, and I ended up having to reach out, back to my conversion team...
We have additional costs that were not there with the old software; intuit was not available for payments, so we had to switch - also with more costs to us...

Response from eviivo

Donald,
You are absolutely correct. The migration that we put you and other RezOvation customers through during the migration from the selling entity was a poor experience for many. The US team was brand new, the seller provided an unrealistic timeline and some very poor assistance and eviivo is still sporting a black eye from the experience more than 18 months later.

I am staring at your booking report and would love to chat with you on how your experience has been in the 18 months since the migration. We have enhanced the solution tremendously and our recent ratings by most have almost exclusively been 4s & 5s. I will reach out via phone to get additional feedback from you on how we can continue to improve.

Thank you for your candid response.

Mike Weimann
GM North America

Roberto
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All-in one PMS and Channel Manager catered to independent properties

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

Pros

Easy to use product with advanced integrations in place with all major OTAs. The software keeps on developing new features and connections. Great customer service. Good reporting.

Cons

The onboarding process was a little complicated.

Laura

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Switching software is always a challenge because it is different and not what you are use to. Eviivo suite is very user friendly and didn't take long to learn all the in's and out's.

Pros

Eviivo is very user friendly. I took the tutorial offered, and after watching that it wasn't that hard to initially set up.

Cons

Once you are live some things are locked in and you need to get help if you want to change things up. But this is very easy to do. Someone is available on live chat to help you out.