Gingr

Pet daycare, boarding, kennel & grooming business software

Barry O.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Searching for clients, tip report

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Fantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.

Pros

Ginger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.

Cons

The one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.

Laurel F.

Scaleable and Intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

The free support team is great. We use them a LOT.

We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.

Pros

We switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.

Cons

The services management component is excellent.

The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic.

There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.

Andy G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Exactly the software we were looking for.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

The software helps eliminate the hassle of managing all facets of the business, and keeps them all under one easy to use umbrella. It frees up staff time from having to field countless phone calls and answer emails. Extraordinary software that gives us confidence we aren't forgetting to feed or medicate dogs.

I really can't say enough good things about this software. So glad we picked it to help us run our business.

Pros

The customization options this software allows are phenomenal. From schedules to pricing to additional services, there is a lot packed under the hood here.

We love that you can use it on a desktop, tablet, or phone. The ability to do off-site private training and check in and check out, use customers credit cards on file, is perfect for our needs.

Managing the day to day operations of daycare and Boarding are a snap once you learn how to navigate the software. it can be a little intimidation at first, but the more you tinker with it the more you understand how it's laid out and how it can work for you.

By far the best experience so far is with the on-boarding specialist. They really take the time to walk you through the set-up phase and make sure you have the software exactly how you want it. It's good to have those calls, take advantage of them. Go in with a game plan of what you want to accomplish and they will help make it happen.

From the start to finally using the software it's been a great experience. It certainly helps free up my staff to actually work with dogs and not spend all the time on the phone or answering emails.

Highly recommend it.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve and it can be slightly intimidating to start, but the more you use it and get comfortable with it, it becomes second nature. Very intuitive once you get the flow of things.

Gil D.

Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof

Reviewed on 2015/06/02

I am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway:

If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with new features and well thought out execution coupled with terrific support, then you will want to try Gingr.

It is hands down the best I've seen. It resides in the cloud and therefore handles multiple locations with ease and provides us with assurance that our data is safe as opposed to spinning on a solitary hard drive at each location. I've had hard drives fail in the past. Even with backups, it is not a fun experience to restore and get back up and running. Gingr takes that potential risk away for good!

Have you been to the Apple store? Do you want to offer your customers that type of experience? Gingr will allow you to do just that - have your staff check customers in and out with a tablet or iPod touch and get them away from behind the registers and engaging with your customers. Or, if you want, use a desktop/laptop. Both options work beautifully.

Other great features include integrated credit card processing, PCI compliant credit card storage and tokenization, emailed receipts, customer signatures on a tablet or iPod touch, no more paper receipts (unless you want that!). If you're a business owner, you know how important these things are and how they can make your day to day operations so much smoother.

For the busy grooming shop that is constantly on the phone calling customers to let them know their pet is ready for pick up, Gingr offers text/email notifications to customers with a simple click. No more missed phone calls or full customer voicemails.

Gingr also does the basics extremely well: grooming commission reports and many more, daycare package tracking, holiday rates, boarding black out dates, reorder reports for inventory, incident reports, feeding/medication logs, vaccination logs, specialized rates for customers, deposit tracking, and so much more.

I realize this is a long review, but I write this because I know what it's like to struggle with the current software offerings and am so happy I found Gingr. Maybe you will read this, try out Gingr, and it will be the beginning of a new start to your business.

Myriah S.

My overall experience with Gingr and their customer service team has been great!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

1. The customer service team!!
2. Ease of use
3. Multiple ways to do one thing like checking in pets
4. Uploading files, CC information stored securely
5. Color coded vaccination expiration icons
6. Marketing capabilities
7. Automatic emails to clients

Cons

1. The very small character limit on the Belongings box
2. Only one type of food allowed per feeding time (would love it if I could include both wet and dry food for all feedings!)
3. When printing 'Previous Balance' and 'Package Purchased' invoices, the client's name does not appear
4. I would like more reporting capability options on some of the Reports, like the ability to see all new clients who have completed a reservation within a specific date range; see how many returning pets have completed a reservation during a specific date range without having to subtract the pets who are still in house or the ability to remove all reservations checking out after a certain date when using the Future Revenue Generator
5. I would like the ability to change reservation dates for all pets in the same family at the same time instead of having to change each of their reservations separately

Kieran M.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Gingr Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Clarity and ease at which a new hire can begin to understand Gingr is rough. Overall, I would give Gingr 3/5 stars which is being generous.

Pros

Gingr does help organize information and tracks some of the important aspects of sales.

Cons

The software cannot be audited or adapted to fit specific needs for the client. Ex. Templates for confirmation e-mails or SMS text aren't flexible enough to personalize individual needs. Cannot track smaller aspects of pet care easily and clearly without jumping through a million hoops! Work with us Gingr and adapt to the needs of your clients!

Response from Gingr

Thanks for your review Kieren.

Please note that you CAN customize all email and SMS templates. Please let our support team know how to best help you with that.

Definitely check out our custom ICONS, which really help track those 'smaller' aspects of pet care, also Gingr's easy to use feeding- and medication- reports, as well as the custom notes functions!

Kari P.

Best Business Decision

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Gingr has been a life saver for my dog training/daycare/grooming business. It has simplified being able to have lodging and daily calendars in one place along with client records, payments, agreements, videos and pictures. I have taken hours of my time to do screen shares with my colleagues to show them this amazing software so that they can experience it and implement it in their businesses. It has helped us to have a more professional appearance with clients and is easy for them to use as well. There are definitely improvements I would like to see specific to my business needs, but the customer support is phenomenal and they continue to implement new features that are innovative and beneficial to my company. Cannot say enough good things!

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, wide range of functions

Cons

Not being able to track leads/sales of potential clients

Amanda E.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Gingr review

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Booking numerous reservations. Inputting a bunch of pet profiles.

Pros

Good software. User friendly. Simple to figure out, easy to input information. Documents are easily scanned.

Cons

This software doesn’t integrate with veterinary software. Gingr can be very glitchy. Everytime there is a new update gingr shuts down.

Response from Gingr

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. We are pleased to have earned your high marks, especially with regards to Ease of Use, Features and Customer Support.

True we don't integrate with veterinary software at this time - unfortunately these other companies do not want to integrate ;( - we keep asking them to!

If you have any issues with 'glitchy', please reach out to our Support Team so they can help you - it sounds like you may need a little 'tune up' on your settings.

Also, please note, Gingr does NOT 'go down' with a new update. These are seamless, and our uptime is 99.99% - the best in pet software!

John P.

Gingr is simple to use and allows me to easily manage my daycare and grooming appointments.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Easy to figure out. Client side of the app is great and allows them to make their own appointments, which saves me time and effort. Everyone loves the report cards. Highly customizable to whatever your pet care business offers. I only offer daycare and grooming now, but it will not be hard to add boarding. I also use Gingr as our POS system and it is nice that customers can pay for daycare and a new toy in the same transaction. The time clock feature is also great, it allows my employees to clock in and out on their phones, or the main computer. Finally, the support that Gingr provides is great, they are always quick to answer my questions and help out with whatever way they can.

Cons

It takes a little while to get used to and figure out how everything works. My less tech savvy customers will sometimes complain that they are unable to do something, so I will have to show them or keep doing it for them in the future. Gingr is more expensive than some of the other ones, but it you use all or most of its features then it is worth the money.

Stephanie A.

Very Good Program for Boarding Facilities

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Billing accuracy has increased, but the bills are difficult to read/explain (not as direct and easy to understand as a basic invoice)to customers. Customer support is virtual only, so that doesn't lend well to immediate problems getting immediate resolutions.

Pros

If this is the first software you've used for your facility it will probably be the last. It is our second version. Comparatively it is designed for businesses like ours so helpful in some respects but doesn't make it 100% user friendly for making changes to existing reservations/appointments. Invoicing is streamlined but again not easily changeable while customers are in front of you...lots of boxes to check and confirm prior to the customer being ready to pay an accurate bill. Part of this may just be our learning to use the system effectively.

Cons

Reservations/appointments that are already scheduled are time consuming to change. It relies on the idea that we have to perfect getting it right the first time and that owners and circumstances aren't going to change their plans/minds.

Jennifer S.

Promises no delivery

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Very very poor. The onboarding appointment never happened. First voicemail left after 3 cancellation notices and credit card charged again on Christmas Day. Have used many cloud based veterinary software programs- they were a cinch compared to Gingr. Although Gingr is reviewed highly, I don’t agree and my experience has been awful.

Pros

I liked the concept of what I was presented.

Cons

Actual functionality. If you have a mobile dog training business and a brick & mortar location, it will not be friendly to use on mobile devices. Cannot see full screens. On boarding never happened and the cost for startup & $149 a month keeps charging even when you haven’t gone live. Was promised not to charge until live, as soon as credit card entered, no help. Must Self navigate through the entire tiered and complicated services setup. Cannot due this from an iphone or iPad, get your laptop or desktop back out. Hours of data input and we decided as a team, not friendly and cut losses. $600 mistake!!

Jordan A.

Dog Training Facility

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

We have solved our higher volume dog training based program reservations in a way that both of our locations can access the calendar.

Pros

We still use the software and it has worked wonderfully with our dog training based business. WE were able to customize the reservations to our specific training programs.

Cons

There is no phone number to call for customer support.

Dj M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Helped get our business software to the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

This software helped move our business out of a Kennel Software coupled with an accounting software. It put our software in the cloud and has worked seamlesslely with quickbooks without difficulty. There have been some limitations, however, the company has been listening to needs and making changes. Overall, we are thrilled with the switch.

Cons

Some pricing limitations and reporting limitations.

Jolie M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

This software has saved us so much time, has saved us money and has actually increased our...

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

The system is super easy to use and our team can start using it with little to no training. Our whole team can access the software on their phone and it helps us to communicate properly.

Pros

We were able to customize everything to suit our business. It now feels like the software was made specifically for us. Our business has doubled since we switched to Gingr. Our clients love the report cards. They bring their dogs more just to see more report cards :)

Leilani L.

Nothing compares to Gingr!

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

You can customize it
Easy mobile use
Keeps us all on the same page

Cons

I wish there were different levels of cost for different levels of use. It is bery expensive for a small non profit like us.

Alesha M.

The best by far - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2015/05/14

A definite 5 star review. As a newer and quickly growing daycare/training/overnight care facility, we did a tonne of research on all of the the daycare/boarding management products available and are very happy we chose Gingr to help us manage and grow our business.

Gingr offers pretty much everything any doggy daycare/boarding/auxiliary service facility could ask for. Online booking, new client reservations, package tracking, group classes - so many man hours saved from our old manual system. It's fast, intuitive (read: easy to use once you get the basics) and any question or issue that we've had has either been answered or fixed super quickly or a good work around has been provided. The customer service is top rate - and FAST! The Gingr team is also very open to feedback and hearing what their clients need and want as they continue to develop and improve this already fantastic program.

On the client end, the user interface is well designed and our clients have all raved about the ease of registration and making reservations - even our not so computer savvy folks were easily able to get themselves set up and appreciate being able to make a reservation without the back and forth of phone calls/voicemail etc.

If you are considering making a switch, definitely sign up for a webinar to see what they offer - you wont regret it!

TIME, MONEY HOURS SAVED:

Julie M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Gingr is my receptionist/secretary/book keeper

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Dealing with the support/chat has been seriously helpful. Gingr kicks butt! I love it. Best investment in my startup.

Pros

It makes my job as a full time massage therapist/dog daycare owner so much easier. Gingr is priceless. I can step away to do my job and know the front desk is running smooth.

Cons

It does soooo much for administration that I was intimidated. 1 year in, i feel like there is still more it can do for me. I just need to learn. So...not a bad thing.

Christy Z.

Gingr is a great tool to keep your business organized and all in once place.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Taking payments and tracking boarding all in one place has made our business run smoother and faster.

Pros

Taking payments and keep our clients organized and updated is so easy with this software. The customers find it easy to log on and request boarding/daycare instead of needing to call or email.

Cons

We don't have any need for the grooming aspect of the software so I wish there was an easier way to just get rid of all the unnecessary options for our business

Lee-ann S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Gingr

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Tried a lot of other software, but this one tops it all.

Pros

I like that its web based, the functionality & it's very user friendly. I like how the customer service reps are very helpful in the custom made set up process.

Cons

It's not yet set up for the credit card swiper mobile attachment for your phone/tablet.

Renee D.

Gingr is perfect for our dog daycare!

Reviewed on 2015/02/25

We started using gingr for our dog daycare/boarding facility this year. We went from a paper calendar to this software. It is very user friendly, and easy to learn. It looks good, and is straight forward. Our customers love that they can schedule online, and that they can update their dog's information, see report cards, upload pictures, and add their own notes! The online scheduling saves us a great deal of time, instead of a long phone call, making a reservation is literally one click of the mouse! The best thing about gingr is the customer service! Aaron and Lee go above and beyond to quickly help with any problem, and are continually adding great new features. This is a new product, and there are some hiccups here and there, but any of them are solved almost immediately. We are excited to grow with gingr, and think this product is perfect for any dog daycare, from a home based small business, to a large warehouse!

Mark G.

Very Good So Far

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

We are just in the beginning stages of using the Ginger software, but in our limited time with the software we are extremely happy with customer support, ease of use, and the flexibility of the program. Initially we thought we would be disappointed because of the limited phone support, however, the live chat text support is phenomenal. The techs are very savvy about their product and have helped us figure out almost every issue we have encountered.

Pros

Ability to perform functions with limited clicks.

Cons

Small font size on reports

Teresa Z.

Great software and an outstanding company

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

After 8 years of a traditional software program, switching to Gingr was one of the best decisions I made last year for my business. From asking new clients, the registration process through Gingr via our website is very user friendly; and the fact that clients can make, change or cancel reservations without calling is a tremendous plus for both the clients and our staff. Internally, the software is very intuitive, easy to learn and use effectively regarding all client and pet information. I am constantly impressed with how the company has continued to improve Gingr and provide additional elements to help the small business owner be more successful.

Jamie B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

I love Gingr!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

My favorite thing about Gingr is it has taken multiple forms we used to use and all of it is integrated into Gingr. Checking dogs in and out is a breeze!

Cons

I am having struggles with the financial piece of the software and putting that information into Quick Books.

Joyce K.

Fresh and NEW with AMAZING Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2015/05/22

Being open for 6 years now, and GINGR being our 3rd program to use and I am so happy that we found them. They are the program that I dreamed of. Although this is our first week of actually using it - we are already in love. The customer service is amazing and the organization of the team astounds me. They are top notch and respond immediately. As a starter program, i can already tell they are going to be the best system out there! With their passion, drive and always 'yes' attitude - this is the one you should trust upon! All our staff are happy - and the time saved - is god send!! Can't wait to post more about the awesomeness of it!

Steph T.

Gingr Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

We have been with Gingr for over a year now and love all of the features it has to offer us as a company. Before finding Gingr we had been with two other softwares that simply didn't meet our needs. What we like best about the system is there is always someone to help us if we have questions and they seem to genuinely care that we are satisfied with their system. It also helps that they are always looking for was to improve and make a better product!

Pros

Adaptability
Customer Service

Cons

They are not in our time zone so their customer service hours don't quite work 100% for us