Member Solutions Reviews

Member Solutions

Martial arts & fitness membership management software

4/5 (67 reviews)
Gary B.

Member Solutions will free you up to do what you love to do - teaching martial arts.

Reviewed on 2015/06/04

Member Solutions has serviced my business, The Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, since its inception in 1996. Over the years, I have been approached by other billing companies such as EFT, Martial Soft, Mind Body, Kicksight. and others. All of these other companies claimed they could save me money and offer better service for my business. This could not be further from the truth and was obvious to me even after a few minutes on the phone with them.
If you are just starting your business, I can promise you that you will have delinquent customers from time to time. If you are already in business, you would agree with me that a 10% delinquency rate is typical. Dealing with delinquencies is not fun and not something you want to spend your time doing. Let the professionals at Member Solutions handle this for you and pay the extra money ' it's worth every cent.
I once received a phone call directly from Joe Galea, an executive officer of Member Solutions and at the time an owner. He called to simply touch base and ask me what I thought about the service that I had been receiving from Member Solutions. We talked for almost 45 minutes and afterwards I felt like I made a friend. Once even Joe's mom called me for the same reason! This warmed my heart and made me feel truly valued not only as a customer but as a person, you can't put a price on that. My wife and I also met Joe in person at a Member Solutions event in Philadelphia. I can tell you that he is a genuine and a sincere person and he really does care about his clients.
Annette Benning, one of the client specialists at Member Solutions, is my constant life-saver. She calls me at least once every month just to ask me if there is anything that I need to discuss concerning my account. Whenever I have a question or an issue I call Annette directly and she is always available. In fact, Annette usually preemptively calls me before I even know I have an issue! You can ask my wife, Annette has saved my butt many times. She is awesome!
If you're considering handling billing on your own ' don't. If you considering another billing service ' don't. Member Solutions will free you up to do what you want to do and what you love to do, teaching and sharing martial arts with your students.

Response from Member Solutions

Gary, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 19 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining Long Term Relationships with our clients. Thank you for such an in depth review of Member Solutions, and know that we appreciate your business. I look forward to many more years of success. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations

Jacki K.

Super easy to use, and when it's not, just call someone! Everyone is great help!

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

I don't have to chase people who are problematic. If i have questions someone always answers. I never have to wait long to talk to someone. Everything that i implement in the software happens fast.

Pros

I like the ease of access. Everything is super straight forward, logical and makes sense. I really like the layout and how everything is set up for data entry. I also like it allows the option for statement billing. It's really flexible with the options it allows the client to enter. Everything is easy to see and easy to find.

Cons

The only issue I've ever had was just where do I find this and I just call and talk to someone and they help me right away. If I were to improve anything, and this is just minor, but the font size is small on the navigation and me, and a few of our other instructors, all wear glasses and find it difficult to read at times.

Response from Member Solutions

Jacki, thank you for your kind words, feedback and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients--whenever or wherever they need us. We're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Derrek H.

I'm using all of their services to help grow my business

Reviewed on 2016/09/16

I’m Derrek Hofrichter. I’m the owner of East Valley Krav Maga. I opened my school up in 2011. I spent the first year or so handling billing internally. I thought I was saving money. It turns out I was wasting a lot of time and not actually saving money.

And so I found Member Solutions, and I’ve been a client of theirs since then. They’ve helped me out in so many different ways. I really appreciate their professionalism and their customer service, and I trust them to have the interaction with my members and to take care of them.

Since using them for a while for the billing, I’ve now started to use myVolo front-desk software. That’s been a huge relief to have the front-desk software tied into the billing as well. It saves us so much hassle. And the duplication that we were doing before has now all been eliminated. It’s so much more efficient.

And most recently I’ve started using the Event Manager software as well. I like how simple it is, and it’s enabled me to actually run more seminars just because it’s easy to use, and it takes care of a lot of the work that I was trying to piece together with other systems before.

Thank you Member Solutions. I’m very happy to be a client and appreciate you helping me grow my business.

Paul C.

I have been with Member Solutions for 15 years and my experience with them has been amazing.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

I like the ease / user friendliness about the software. It is very easy to navigate around to check reports etc. Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions. Great team and software!! Member Solutions is always trying to improve and evolve with the times.

Cons

I really like the software and have really nothing to criticize. But if I had to pick something then I would say that I would like the ability to freeze and unfreeze accounts, but calling in or writing a web note is not a problem so it is not of huge concern at al.

Response from Member Solutions

Paul, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 15 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service and user friendly products for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Jeffrey G.

I could not run my business without Membership Manager from Member Solutions.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

The software is easy to use. It does scheduling, emails, one-time payments, recurring payments and Member Solutions follows up with my delinquent account. I cannot say enough great things about this software and the company

Pros

The software is easy to use. I am not very technical when it comes to computers and the software makes it easy for me to schedule and take one-time and recurring payments. The best part is that they call my delinquent customers for me! I have not made a delinquency call in 6 years as they do it for me. I am now thinking about getting a merchant account through Member Solutions as well to take one-time payments.

Response from Member Solutions

Jeff, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We're so glad to hear that our software has had a positive impact on your business. We recommend our preferred partner for merchant processing, Constellation Payments, to handle your one-time payments. Please contact us at 888.277.4409 with questions.

Nick P.

Wonderful, we haven't had any problems with the program or staff

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Pros

Searching and checking in for families is very easy. The staff is always a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining things and answering questions for training and every day needs.

Cons

We would love to have all of the information listed on one page instead of clicking into different categories. Financial reports should include ALL payments for the month, instead of not including future payments, and not including accounts that have gone from active to paid.

Response from Member Solutions

Hi, Nick. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped simplify your day-to-day. We'd like to learn more about your thoughts on our financial reports. Please call 877.600.3811 to speak with our support team. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Frank C.

Overall, MSI programming is good. I have tried using other services and I am still very happy.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

MSI is extremely user friendly with logical programming and top-notch customer service. The administrative reports are also easy to navigate and full of essential details. I particularly like the new collection service (first data credit) that has been integrated a few years back.

Cons

There is no independent frozen list in the report section, so it is extremely hard to accurately calculate monthly revenue totals.

Response from Member Solutions

Frank, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of nearly seven years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We are grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide top notch customer service for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Nancy C.

I have used Member Solutions for over 18 years & have consistently had exemplary service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

I can access every detail of my students' financial situation within my school.

Pros

I love the amount of information I can easily access about every account I have ever had. I am able to see every aspect of each membership, from notes I have entered myself to those made my MSI employees.

Cons

I would like to see the text of the auto dialed messages when MSI contacts my students or account holders.

Response from Member Solutions

Nancy, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of over 18 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide easily accessible account information to you for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Courtney C.

I find it frustrating how many things cant be tailored or edited in a way that would better serve us

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

The customer service- they are always so quick to respond. The chat function makes life super easy! Reps are awesome.

Cons

Invoicing has many limitations. Can't edit or go back once an invoice is created. Software seems to have random glitches with invoicing. It will show that it's processed and then the next day it will go back to being owing, etc.

Response from Member Solutions

Courtney, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service. If you have any questions regarding editing and processing invoices please contact our support team at 877.600.3811, as we have a very recent release with enhancements to these areas. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Alex B.

Member Solutions is an excellent platform that's easy for our staff to learn and our members to use!

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Simple reliable month billing. Good support, and a pleasant experience for our members.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to see the information I need access to the most. The search functions are intuitive and easy to learn, and entering new contracts is straightforward and easy to confirm.

Cons

I have not been able to get much functionality out of the majority of the more complex financial reports.

Response from Member Solutions

Alex, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide reliable, easy-to-use solutions for you and your business. If you have a question regarding financial reports, please contact our client services team at 888.277.4407. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Raquel P.

Decent but needs more options

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Pros

Ease of low maintenance with ppl being able to book and pay all at once. It is easy to log on most of the time

Cons

You only have the option to cxl a class directly before the class or 24 hours prior. It is a HUGE disatifier

Response from Member Solutions

Hi, Raquel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped keep your bookings low maintenance. I have submitted your thoughts on allowing an hourly designation to booking cancellations, for future development consideration. If there¿s any additional information required, a Support Representative will reach out to you. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Obrien B.

once I was used to the program it was great

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

the task reminders help me schedule my days and follow up with clients as well as potential clients

Cons

some things should auto link into accounts and onto the contracts to make it easier to see progress from prospect to member

Response from Member Solutions

Hi, O'Brien, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you and your staff keep track of your daily tasks. Also, we appreciate your thoughts on enhancing the tracking of a member's life cycle. I have passed this along for future development consideration. We will contact you if more information is required. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Della V.

works well

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

easy tracking of client appointments, easy to tell when a client owes money. Easy for payroll and scheduling of multiple appointment types

Cons

unable to upload documents to email out, unable to search via questions, hard to customise to our specific needs

Response from Member Solutions

Della, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide easy tracking for appointments and finances to you and your business. If you have a question regarding customizations, please contact our support team at 877.600.3811. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Patrick H.

It's been a tremendous experience with this company!! They're anazing

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

The customer service is outstanding!! All are the absolute best at what they do!! It's always a pleasure dealing with them and for all their help :))

Cons

That we didn't switch back to them sooner!! We had used their software previously at another facility and loved it.

Response from Member Solutions

Patrick, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients¿whenever or wherever they need us. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business again. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Jeff G.

Great company...great improvements

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

I have been a client for a long time and though the software has had its challenges, it has come a long way. I have never done business with an organization that cared so much about my needs as a business owner and those of my clients. Their staff worked hard over the past 3 years to really improve the software and it is so much easier to use now. I couldn't run my business without Member Solutions.

Pros

I love that I can customize the software to work for my business. It is easy for me to do recurring payments. I use the full service billing functionality so I don't have to follow up with customer delinquencies. The staff at Member Solutions makes those calls for me so I can focus on my business.

Chris C.

Incredible Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

The billing website is a bit cumbersome and out of date, but the customer service is absolutely incredible. Each time I speak with a representative, they are quick to help out and very knowledgeable. Their Premium Package is great. I don't have to chase down students for payment or declined credit cards. MSI takes care of all of the billing for me, so I can just focus on my school and my students.

Cons

The user interface is a bit antiquated and doesn't work well on mobile devices. It would be nice to see a facelift.

Response from Member Solutions

Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you, and your business, with the Customer Support you deserve. We appreciate your thoughts on how we can enhance our billing website and will be sure to reach out if we have additional questions. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Laurie B.

Have been using for billing for a few years

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Ability for clients to register themselves and ability to process sales without POS machine

Pros

I like the color and Graphics, they are easy to read. As a non-tech type person I find the Volo system intuitive and pretty user friendly. It is fairly easy to adjust price discounts and to process refunds.

Cons

There seem to be some picky details - like contract dates that seem difficult to fix by myself and require assistance from help suppor person

Response from Member Solutions

Laurie, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've provided you with a visually pleasing and intuitive software. We are working to enhance the ability to process real-time adjustments to contracts. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We¿d like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or [email protected] ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Andrew F.

Farley's Taekwondo Center Visalia, CA

Reviewed on 2013/06/19

The software for my business works out great. I'm happy, my students are happy so what more could I ask for? The team that comes a long with it is exceptional at what they do.

If you still haven't made up your mind yet and need more convincing then give me a call. Farley's Tae Kwon Do Center 559-627-4339

Pros

Member Solutions professional and friendly team is what lead to my decision of signing up. I did my research first. I reached out to others but what stood out the most was how fast Member Solutions responded to me. Not by email or by a packet in the mail but by a phone call where I was able to talk with someone and have all my questions answered for me right away.

Deborah Glassman, the account executor who got me started, made sure that my schools needs and my needs as an owner was understood and how being a member of Member Solutions was going to benefit my business the most. To this day she still contacts me frequently to make sure everything is going great.

Kristen Bell, software trainer, wonderful person to talk to and train with. Kristen made learning the software very easy without any confusion or complications. If and when I do have a question she answers right away without delay and is always fun to talk to.

Cons

My only complaint, which is not with Member Solutions but for me, is why I didn't sign up when I first opened.

Lauren S.

Software can be challenging and lacking functionality, but customer support is always helpful.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

The task and alert system for tracking what needs to happen next to follow up with a lead or member is incredibly useful, as well as the associated "Contact log" that lets you see all of the correspondence you and other employees have recorded with a lead. Different businesses will find different levels of success with using it's various reports and features based on how they initially set up the software and what kind of check-in system they use.

Cons

Sometimes does not communicate properly with MS billing side so that discrepancies appear once in a while. Small functionality bugs, like not being able to set a class or event to repeating forever, create annoyances and problems. Customer service can help with work arounds. Web Widgets are useful, but lead capture widget is very constrained to specific inputs.

Response from Member Solutions

Lauren, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you with tracking tasks and communications to both leads and members. We are currently working to enhance billing synchronization. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We'd like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or [email protected] - The Member Solutions Team

Mishel E.

WORST COMPANY EVER!

Reviewed on 2016/08/11

The experience with Member Solutions has been a colossal waste of time, money (we lost about $30,000 because of them), and energy. The customer service is horrendous. There is a disconnect between their two companies and whenever there was an issue each would blame the other. I could give countless examples of their incompetence. (PLEASE SEE CONS SECTION).

Pros

None, stay away from this company.

Cons

-Terrible communication and customer-service. Tyler is on top of that list. He is rude and condescending and never tried to actually help. He would give us the run-around and sometimes outright refuse to help.
-They charge your customers late fees on paying their bill but THEY KEEP THE MONEY FOR YOUR SERVICE.
-They will not waive late fees unless manually told for each person.
-When we would ask them to refund ridiculous late fees that WE DON'T CHARGE AND THEY KEEP, they would tell us they can refund the late fee but then WE WOULD BE CHARGED that fee.
-Faulty software which made no logical sense and looks like it's from about 1998.
-They don't contact people who are late on paying with their "full service billing." We have lost roughly $30,000 of uncollected dues because they just didn't contact people.
-They wouldn't properly freeze or cancel accounts.
-They would consistently double charge members.
-They would consistently NOT CHARGE MEMBERS. Months of payments would just be skipped for no apparent reason.

0.0/10
Jim B.

Like a breath of spring air.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Ease & Understanding

Pros

The support from the MS team. Always helpful and willing to see the completion of the requested assistance.

Response from Member Solutions

Jim, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients¿whenever or wherever they need us. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.

David R.

28 years in this industry and MSI is the best service I have ever used

Reviewed on 2016/04/26

I began teaching martial arts in 1988. Over the years I have used literally every single "ABC" organization for billing in this industry, and several outside the martial arts industry. Every single one left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but I assumed that there was no real option.

In 2009 I was reorganized my business. On the advice of a brilliant mind in this industry, Michael Parrella, I gave MSI a call. Honestly, I would not have done it if it wasn't for who was recommending them. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I have used them ever since that day.

To put this in perspective, as my business grew I began sighing between 60 and 75 contracts per month. I was a small, low tech school learning how to suddenly handle "success". MSI has always been there for me. And the service has been incredibly reliable. An easy to use web site and excellent support staff. Not just efficient but friendly.

And finally, when I had a medical emergency in my family, MSI was there for me. I don't think , wait let me say I KNOW, no company would have been there for me that way.

I can not adequately convey how happy I have been and strongly recommend MSI to anyone in our industry

Response from Member Solutions

Thank you, David. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients whenever or wherever they need us. We look forward to our continued partnership and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. - Margo Stauffer, Director of Customer Service

Kelly D.

Volo

Reviewed on 2018/08/04

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It has all the info needed to help me run my small business

Cons

No real problems with the software. Every once in a while there are small problems but the staff always fixes it as soon as they can. There online chat people are great.

Zachary H.

FIXED MY PROBLEM!

Reviewed on 2014/06/06

Mr Sherrick was exceptionally awesome in the way he handled me as a client. I was trying to leave Member Solutions for reasons regarding a mistake made by your team. Regarding a contract that was canceled and lots of money lost. I spoke with a few representatives from Member Solutions and none of them told me what I needed to hear as a customer. I was upset and wanted to cancel. Infact I had already made up my mind to leave. I am the kind of man, that when I make up my mind I proceed with my decision, although in this case I was persuaded to stay as a client thanks to Mr Sherrick. He upheld promises that were given to me over the course of time in being a client, he also fixed my problem with no argument or disagreement. His calm, cool collective attitude, brought my stress level down and made me happy to be a client . Needless to say he fixed a problem that in any business situation would be practically impossible to fix. He was smart, guided me to a great outcome, made me feel comfortable and treated me with respect. This man deserves to be in the position he is at and furthermore a model for what a representative of Member Solutions should be. I am very pleased with the customer service provided to me and YES I am still a member of your billing company thanks to him. For more details on how he dealt with me, I urge you to follow up with him, so other associate workers can see the strategies he used and learn from him. SO THANK YOU MR SHERRICK!

Poul N.

downward spiral experience

Reviewed on 2017/09/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Stay away, not as advertised. It's going to be a money pit for your business

Pros

In 2011 this was a Canadian run business and everything worked. The attractive calendar system and staff payroll system works.

Cons

Over the past two years especially since September 2016 the reporting on the software has not been working. Importantly the physical reports which are important for any business owner to understand their actualized income as well as their deferred revenue. None of these reports work, and the support staff keeps apologizing but they do not have a timeline or solution to make it work. Plus items which clients are pre-purchased for disappear, or not remove from their inventory, which is a financial havoc in a poor customer service solution. My business has to give thousands of dollars and I am not exaggerating, in compensation to clients for sessions which have disappeared from the my Volo member Solutions. Stay away from the software's absolute garbage.