DeskTime

Time & productivity tracking app for companies & freelancers

Taras R.

It looks more complicated than year ago.

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

I am using DeskTime for personal use (motivate myself to work hard and more careful ). I did the pause for using your tool and after the pause in 1 year, I feel more difficult with DeskTime.
I had the issue with assigning some tool to the certain activity.
I am not sure but I have to fill that same tool could be in productive and unproductive depend on time. For example, I spend some time for studying on work PC after work hours. During the work hour, my learning tool is unproductive but after this is productive. I don't see a possibility to switch.

Response from Draugiem Group

Hello, Taras!

Thank you for your review.

Over these years DeskTime has improved its features quite a lot, working on making the app more intuitive to use.

While we can not offer to change productivity of apps in regards to time, you can always use the 'Private time' option to use your computer for non-work related activities - DeskTime will not track any time while this option is enabled.

Akaki G.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Comfortable Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

I don’t have much experience working with the program, but I’m very happy with it.

Pros

The program is very important to determine the ability of employees to work. The program is an incentive for employees who are clearly doing the job.

Cons

I think the price is high because a lot of employees pay a lot of money. I have no other remarks with the program.

Viktor G.

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume.

That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether.

Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights.

All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

Pros

-Great reporting for activities
-Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts
-Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day
-Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Ivan S.

Light and simple, does what it has to do.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

This software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.

Pros

We're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).

Cons

"Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.

• Used Other for 2+ years

My time. Decoded

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

Mostly positive.

Pros

I love the insights into how my time is distributed across applications and websites. I definitely use it passively, but occasionally I check in to see how my time breaks down. I just let it run in the background and check the dashboards for fun. Once upon a time, I pitched it to the leadership at an organization where I worked, but it was early in the product's maturity so that didn't pan out. I'm a longtime fan and I'm pleased with how the feature set has evolved.

Cons

I believe the pricing structure is misaligned with customer segments. This is more relevant to corporations than to individuals. It's a nice to have for me, but I can live without it if I must pay. This would fall into the category of something that should be extended to workers for free, but at a cost to organizations with two or more users. Extend more features to single license accounts.

Nic R.

Management of time

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I've been using desktime for years for the managament of time spent in front of a pc.
It's possible to track any activity you perform on pc in terms of time spent.
This is useful to categorize where your time is addressed over the weeks and months, and highlighting where some time is wasted in unproductive activities.
Very nice the chance to create projects, where you can select particular activities.
Also the time on the internet is tracked, making it possible to judge your web navigation in productive or unproductive.

Pros

it make it simple and fun your time tracking both for job related or for spare time activities.

Rune E.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Almost there:)

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

I'm using DeskTime as a logger for my freelance work and refers to the data collected when sending invoices. The new addition of tasks are great and gives me a better organized workflow.
One thing I'm missing is the ability to select one task and see the total amount of time spent on the task, regardless of what month or day. Just like a task-summary. For me the "projects" are customer and "task" are projects for that customer. Overall I'm very satisfied with DeskTime and wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if the program could be a little more tailored for freelance work.

Pros

Looks great. Many good features

Cons

Not tailored enough for freelance work

Taras "ty" Z.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

DeskTime is Wonderful, Everything you need to keep track of employee productivity

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Being able to track employee productivity in a work-from-home remote environment, where you're not able to track employee productivity easily without such a tool like DeskTime.

Pros

What I like most is the clean User Interface, and simple stats that are easy to digest, and understand where employees are slacking, and where they excel.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives in using DeskTime at this time.

Jessica K.
  • Industry: Photography

DeskTime review 2017

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

I enjoy using this software. However, I wish it were more user-friendly when it comes to editing offline time gaps as well as assigning URL tasks to the three categories of productivity.

Pros

Time tracking for internet website usage is very helpful to refer back to when trying to figure out where the time went in a day.

Cons

Difficult to reassign URLs to their proper productivity category

Fabrício C.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Almost perfect time tracking tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We really love to use your software every day. I have little improvement suggestion request about view productivity in a separate project on the same day, but I am happy using DeskTime.

Pros

Easy to read and easy to use reports.

Cons

I would like to view in reports productivity about two or more project at the same day in general report.

Ameer S.

Very useful

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Desktime has helped me keep track of the time I spend at work. After categorizing my software usage, it provides insights into how I spent my day which is both valuable and easy to understand. Its silent background monitoring means zero-disturbance and the detailed statistics tell you what when on and when. It has greatly helped boost my overall productivity.

Pros

Ease of use, zero-disturbance, detailed reporting.

Cons

Missing set of features like automatic private time, adding scheduled breaks etc.

Kim G.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Helps keep honest people honest

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

It's been easy to use and incorporate into our company. We don't have to check it often but it's good to know that it's there if we need it to fall back on.

Pros

It helps a company who is mostly work at home employees keep up with who is doing what. Let's us see if one person is doing more than another. Keeps everyone honest.

Cons

There isn't really anything, the set up is a little odd at first but once you do the first few it becomes very easy.

Hugo G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Install -n- forget time tracking app

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Great to measure your performance or to see in what tasks your labor day has been used, I found myself wondering in what things I've spent most of time, because it really goes fast once you focus on something... so this app is great for that!

Install and forget
Very autonomous

Cons

Some minor crashes

Arjan K.

Time tracking made easier

Reviewed on 2017/04/16

We found desktime to be very easy and a perfect solution for tracking our overall performance. It was very easy to figure out the time spent in different applications required during our everyday use. We were able to track efficiency and even the most effective hours during operations. We were also able to track work of our employees when they were working from home and also tally everyone's performance in contrast to everyone else's. Also, different departments and their work efficiency was made easier to track with the help of desktime. Loved the app, thank you for creating it. :)

Pros

Easy time tracking feature with no/little room for human errors.

Cons

Sometimes gets unresponsive and need to restart the software

Vladimir S.

Good, but the previous dashboard has some convenient features that aren't available now.

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

It's not convenient to go to the special area to mark the type of the app: Productive/Non-productive.

Pros

It's automatic.

Alessandro T.

Love your application

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Really like your software. It would be great to have more granularity and see exactly the files one has worked on.
Thank you!

Daniel A.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great productivity tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

It is a very useful tool to track your productivity, plus it does not distract you at all since it works without even noticing

Pros

It does not require me to set up anything to be working

Cons

I´d like to have more stats

• Industry: Graphic Design

Time tracking software that works great on Mac but not on mobiles

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

With better mobile apps, this could be a great piece of software. The concept is very good for small businesses where time management matters.

Pros

The desktop app is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

The app just would not work for us. On android it just would not log us in and on IOS it was very buggy.

Response from Draugiem Group

Hello!

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you like the desktop application.

In regards to the mobile apps for android and IOS, we are almost ready to release a new version for both to better reflect the tracked data and give you insights on your employees. Stay tuned!

Ben B.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

I use DeskTime to track personal productivity. It works great for that and there are some real opportunities to tie in some light task/project management functionality as well. Great software and easy to use.

Pros

It works really well for exactly what it is.

Cons

There seem to be some obvious extensions that would allow for more project specific time management that isn't "turned on." I guess because it seems so natural, it is a little frustrating.

Dimple P.

Loved DeskTime

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Loved it from day 0. Thanks to the friend who recommended this to me. As company CEO and start-up, I would strongly recommend this.

Pros

Screenshots and tracking with reports. It has really good Dashboard to see employees progress.

Cons

Noen as of now. It is all good. The team is very cooperative.

Rhoni T.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Flexible, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Pros

Desktime is an easy to understand, easy to navigate product. And that i feel is the biggest plus point of Desktime.

Cons

There is no task tracking feature in the tool. Which would have completed the whole package.

Diana H.

Desktime software for workers

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

It allows my bosses know how I spend my time at work and how productive I am that way I could improve my skills

Pros

It's easy to use

Zdenek K.

Lack od simplicity

Updated version is mess.
Almost different app/software.
I don't like the looks and it lacks simplicity.

Pros

Almost nothing I liked the previous version

Cons

Ux, I don't like how does it looks I don't understand the app anymore

Response from Draugiem Group

Hello, Zdenek!
Thank you for your review.

Here at DeskTime we have made improvements to the interface and ease of use over time, we think you would enjoy checking out the newest version of the application.

With reports, projects and integrations all available in separate sections, it is now easy to track time efficiently.

Adrian M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Provide automatic insights and trends please!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

It's nice to have the data in case you need it, but it will be better if It can infer data and make suggestions

Pros

I like the monthly overview. I can see for how long I work every day and drill down on details if I need to

Cons

It doesn't have insights and trends analysis. Something like "Congrats! You have been more productive lately" or "The days you are more productive you check your email in the afternoon rather than in the morning" or things like that

Sérgio G.

Time management/monitoring done right.

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I've been using desktime personally for over 2 years and it is an invaluable tool for me. It allows me to track the time i spend on the computer. It's easy to log extra hours. It's easy to set what is work and not, and you can even track project work. Weather you work as a freelance or you just want to track the time you are at work, desktime is the tool for you.