RhinoFit

Member Management Software for Gyms, Dojos, Crossfit, & More

4 /5 (250 reviews) Write a Review!
4,3
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Price! Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

Billing and automation. It is nice to have the system automatically handle payment processing as well as communication automation!

Cons

The software does not handle multiple users part of the same family with different membership types. I would like to see 1 user portal for family administration of different memberships.

William A.

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Great software, great features, needs some functionality and streamlining customizations for clients.

Pros

This system is very functional and scalable. You don't get charged extra for having more members and they have a lot of features built-in. Definitely, recommend them.

Cons

Some features are limited. Like having to go from page to page to get contact information for people with failed payments. Not a deal-breaker but kind of a headache since going back will refresh your previous page to the beginning. I usually have to create multiple tabs.

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for your feedback.

We are ecstatic to hear that RhinoFit has been a great fit for your business! I will add the request to our feature request list to be able to send an email reminder directly from the failed payment page.

We appreciate your support and look forward to a long-standing relationship with you.

Sincerely,

Tony H.

Just What's Needed

Reviewed on 2020/08/23

Relatively painless & easy to use.

Pros

It's not complicated and it has exactly what we need without a bunch of frills.

Cons

The inability to capture reporting over time and handling of recurring memberships.

Jim S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Could Be Better

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

Their are functions that I have been asking for over a year that still seem to be a miss. If they are there, then the Customer Support is missing. I am not just whining about this. I have always felt that when I call, I am putting the person out.

Most recently I asked about having the ability to create a membership with a start and end date. I called customer support to see if the new RhinoFit did this. She did not know how it could be done and said she would call back and follow up. this was over a week ago and I have not heard anything.

I have asked if the platform could have a selection to pay a bill out of Credit. I have clients who will pay ahead of time and I put it in as a credit. Then I bill for a sessions or membership and have to manually reduce the amount and track it on a spreadsheet.

The ability to e-mail specific people is better, but we still can not create a special field and then e-mail just that distribution group, as far as I know.

I understand we get what we pay for. I have begun the process of looking into other systems since I am entering a slower time of my business. I have to consider the price point of a system that hits more of what we need. The cost of changing is high because of the time it will take. I would like this platform to be it and we keep using it. The problem is we don't get great customer support and the functions are limited when it comes time to creating memberships, sending targeted e-mails and tracking payments made.

Pros

It is inexpensive.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is in the creation of a membership, I can't have a person "join" on a date and have that membership end on a specific date. I have programs that work with the season and time of year. My "In-Season Player Development Program" for example will end at the end of February. Regardless when a member joins. The program should end and NOT Auto renew. But if I select NOT Auto renew, I don't get the monthly billing.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jim,

We are sorry to hear that you were not previously happy with RhinoFit. We are happy to let you know we have added many features since you stopped using the software.
If you would like to schedule a demo to see the new features, please give us a call at 1-866-858-0304 or vist: https://www.rhinofit.ca/schedule-live-demo/

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

David W.
Company size: Self Employed

Super easy to set up and use

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I am almost done the free trial, and I am definitely purchasing the full version. Their quick set up video said "set up in six minutes" I think... That is just about what it took me to set up two classes and get rolling. I had a few hiccups, but before I figured them out fairly quickly without the need for customer service. So far the simplest software I have tried with this level of functionality.

Pros

Level of functionality and ease of initial set up. There are lot's of features that I did not have with previous software.

Cons

I don't particularly love the look, but not too bad. It's probably just a preference thing, I just feel the overall look could have a little more flash

Liz L.

Rhinofit Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

They get back to you quickly.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use compared to other software I have tried. This is important when getting other staff members to use it too.

Cons

There are a couple of things that I really wished it did like to be able to see/print out an itemized inventory report. I have put in a request for it but so far it has not been implemented and not sure if they intend to implement.
As well it does not do everything Mindbody does.

Stephanie E.

RhinoFit

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall we have had a good experience. Payment takes about 2 days through Gulf Management System which for a business is a little too long.

Pros

I like the easy accessibility of the software. In addition, the added features they continue to update it with.

Cons

It is not very client friendly. It would be great if they would move towards a more client centered application for our members in terms of client retention emails (there's a cap on automatic emails), maybe even including an automatic texting system, an easier way for people to schedule classes.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am going to email you directly for your input on what other automated emails you would like to see.

Jose N.
Industry: Sports

Love this software.

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Helps manage, and bill clients so i can focus on Training and not on administrative issues.

Pros

Easy to use, and customer service is great.

Cons

So far no complaints. So far no complaints

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jose,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are happy to know that you are pleased with RhinoFit.

Thanks for your continued support!

Den S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Run away, one of the worst mistakes we made and terrible support

Reviewed on 2016/08/26

Thought we were getting a nice backend here and it was nothing but alot of promise and no ability to deliver. From start charged us for a setup fee but never did it, then software is very buggy, adding symbols and digits on imported csv file formated in the way they suggest, They know it but do not address issue until its a mess. From there all down hill, payment information was lost many times, and they blamed the customer event thought we are able to show emails confirming account setup. These guys hear about pointing fingers at the customer instead of fixing issues. Calendars do not sync for you need to open up multiple to see what your gym doing, Trainers, group classes should all be able to see each other, App crashes as does web, and many clients unable to login, but again it was said by them our fault. even though Itunes and Play app stores report all the same issues we are seeing, and their 2.0 is a nice looking version that is just that , it is loaded with issues, so don't be sold on this . If Travis the original owner see this and how it was handled he would be highly disappointed. This really is Da Bomb as in bad

Pros

Not really anything

Cons

The list of issues is long , all I can say its not worth the trouble. CC data dumps, lost client data, uses some foreign country as default, imports get corrupted, clients side login unresponsive, calendars do not sync, they have bad support and little to no orientation, plus no support on set up , or in our situation they took the money didn't do the job we had to set all up after paying them. The interface on client side looks , feels and acts low tech and looks bad

Response from RhinoFit

Unfortunately, there were some issues between RhinoFit and this customer that we attempted to resolve to no avail. An orientation is recommended for every customer and it was declined in this case.
We did have to correct some of the account setup that was causing some issues. We do take responsibility for the features that were not working properly. We also upgraded since this client to RhinoFit 2.0 and have not had the issues described here.
We have an import feature and the CSV file has to be correctly formatted.
As for payments and information being lost, we are monitored and audited to be both NACHA and PCI compliant.
In this case, there were a lot of communication issues and everything the client had issues with were resolved.
In fact, we gave this client a 100% refund for all payments made to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Jeff D.

RhinoFit Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

Very affordable regardless the size of your business. Great customer service!

Cons

Unable to create and save personalized automated emails. Mobile app needs a lot of work -- buttons too small for those with large fingers, is identical to website. needs to be simplified. Need to have a discount code option at checkout to reduce the workload on the seller.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are pleased to hear that RhinoFit is working for you.Did you know about the Promo codes you can setup and provide for the online store. Let us know if you need help! 1-866-858-0304

Did you know about our Referral Program? If you refer someone to signup with RhinoFit, you get a free month of the software!

We even have an automated way to refer:
Click on Setup > Referral Program and we provide a link to embed on your website.

Jason B.

RhinoFit Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

For all aspects stated above, I am still happy with RhinoFit, but again becoming a little more user friendly with CrossFit gyms needs and wants would benefit both sides.

Pros

Now that I have everything set-up I believe this software helps my staff and my membership population greatly on a daily basis. We use it for wod posting,on our website,on the app and on a large screen at the gym. We use the app for reserving class times this helps coaches to prepare for class size, we track attendance. We also use this software for all our credit payments. I believe it serves its purpose well

Cons

I wish the software had a bit more ease of use, and user friendly applications with-in a CrossFit gym setting. Example: I wish my athletes could see a real time daily leader board. this would get my members to use your app more and they would become more invested.Most all of them use another app like Wodify or beyond the Whiteboard, or Triib to keep track of benchmarks, weightlifting maxes and wod tracking. Upgrading this end of you service would keep me around longer. I strongly recommend your software to others, but they also usually ask about the ease of wod tracking and a leaderboard.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are planning on adding a Leadership board in the near future. We will make sure you are one of the first to know!

Again, thank you for your continued support.

Team RhinoFIt

Gail B.

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Being a small business, I can't be at my club 24/7 but Rhinofit can. Having the ability to not be onsite and still do business is an added plus I was not expecting for the cost. Rhinofit is cost effective and delivers what it promises.

Pros

Rhinofit is easy to set-up and use on the first day. It has excellent features which help you understand the flow of your daily club usage that help you boost attendance during slow times. You can set to send group or individual emails. I am ready to integrate the door system that will let clients in.

Cons

I haven't found anything I do not like about Rhinofit.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Gail,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are ecstatic to hear that RhinoFit has been a great fit for your business! Did you know we have a referral program? If you refer us, once the account signs up, you will be given a credit for one month free of RhinoFit! You can even add a referral badge to your website for a referral to click and sign up.

Sincerely,

Seichou K.
Industry: Sports

Much better than MindBody for Martial Arts Schools

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

We're a school of traditional Japanese karate in Alexandria, VA and had used MindBody (MB) for five years before switching to RhinoFit in January 2017. We left MB because for two reasons. First, their monthly software and app fees (exclusive of credit card processing fees) to us increased from $ to $, yet in five years they did nothing to enhance the software features for martial arts clients. Second, as MB is extremely difficult to navigate, even experienced clients (like us) must call technical support weekly to receive guidance on how to utilize the software. Although through September 2016, waiting times for tech support were no longer than 12 or 15 minutes, thereafter, waiting times increased to between 30 and 90 minutes. Of course, we couldn't run our business under such conditions. So, we did a lot of research and concluded that RhinoFit would be best for us. After several weeks our conclusions are: (1) RhinoFit offers the powerful reporting capacity that we required, as well as WOD and other features that make running a martial arts business easier. (2) The transition to RhinoFit has been easy. We paid a $ fee for them to upload spreadsheets that we downloaded from MB. We had to manually input our students contracts and payment data, but RhinoFit does not lose points on this because we have found no software vendor that offers this service. (3) Our monthly fees to RhinoFit are less than 10 percent of what we used to pay MB. (4) Best of all, in these first weeks of using RhinoFit, there have been plenty of times when we didn't know how to use the software. After five years with MB, our natural inclination was to call tech support. However, we have found that we are able to figure out how to use RhinoFit on our own because its software is intuitive! (5) When we can't figure things out on our own and need to call RhinoFit, they pick up the phone after two or three rings between 9:00am and 5:00pm EST. No more waiting for a half hour, an hour or longer. In sum, in terms of ease of use, features and cost, we find it extremely hard to imagine any martial arts school choosing MB over RhinoFit. It's truly a no-brainer. Best of luck!

Pros

RhinoFit offers an array of features that make it easy to run a martial arts school. It is intuitive and easy to use. It is reasonably priced.

Cons

RhinoFit does not offer a branded app.

Rob B.

Rhinofit

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Simplistic and doesn't have all the things that nobody needs that simply confuses the user. Simplistic design makes the chance of error smaller and that is key for a business.

Cons

the schedule calendar is not user friendly. We have to set up our appointment slots in blocks of 10 minutes. However, once you do that the visual on the calendar is very difficult to see which time slot you're selecting.

I was told that I could use our own scanners we already had in place then I was charged for Rhinofit's scanner and once I received all the expensive hardware that I was told I needed to be able to use our present scanners, found out I couldn't use our present scanners. Then after I complained that I invested a bunch of money in something that was never going to work in the first place, I got a pissy email from one of the techs. Up until that point the service was decent but that was a pretty shitty experience. I can't imagine treating a client of ours in the same way.

Katie O.

RhinoFit 2.0

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

I thought 1.0 was way easier to navigate. Sure it looks nice and yes technology needs to keep moving ahead . However I feel like the usability got to complicated. Simple is better in my eyes. As an affiliate owner I now dread having to use the system. Where as the original I though was easy to guide through. I also feel that the customer service has really gone down hill. When there is a problem the responses are not super helpful. Also when the transition happened with 2.0 I believe that there should have been better communication. Sadly I am finding myself looking into different gym management software.

Cons

To complicated. To many tabs make day to day operations easier.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Katie,

Thank you for your feedback and continued relationship with RhinoFit.

Please let us know if you are still having issues navigating RhinoFit 2.0. If you would like, we can also do an orientation of the new system with you.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues that I can help resolve for you.

1 (866)-858-0304

Elizabeth T.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Courtney V.

CrossFit

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

Response time of Customer service when we have an issue.

Cons

The look and lack of updating features. We were told features were coming last year and no updates were made. We also have constant issues with the app and website.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joanna R.

RhinoFit Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

My overall experience with RhinoFit has been excellent. My gym has been open for approximately 6 months, so there is still much to learn. Everyday I am expanding my knowledge of this software's capabilities. Having direct contact to members, and connecting with social media platforms has been beneficial.

Pros

This software is easy to set up and use. I created my own account and designed it specifically for my needs. I have had great support from the RhinoFit Software team, they are always polite and helpful.

Cons

Starting from scratch is difficult, but it needed to be done in order to grow a small business into something more.

Harley D.
Company size: Self Employed

i enjoy using rhinofit for my gym software

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

i really like the ability to control payments and memberships. It is also easy to access the whole system.

Cons

I don't have a crossfit gym, I own a powerlifting/strongman. so the wod style system and gym classes are not usefull to me. also it would be nice if rhinofit sold barcode scanners and key barcodes for memberships instead of me shopping third party

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for your review on our strongman gym software. We thank you for being a loyal customer for years, and are happy that you enjoy using the software. We are constantly updating our software to accommodate different types of gyms and their needs. Our WOD system may be used as an announcement system if you don't offer "work out of the day". This announcement feature is useful for gyms that want to offer some static communication to gym attendees. We currently do not offer hardware such as barcode scanners but we do have a partner that offers our client's discounts on scanners and barcodes. To find out more information on our partner programs please visit www.rhinofit.ca/partners

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jennie T.
Industry: Consumer Services

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Great overall experience. Everyone is very helpful if I have questions or need any kind of help.

Pros

It’s easy to use and implement. The rank system has been a great tool as well as the attendance tracking. I also have the ability to track my fitness client progress as well within the same software.

Cons

I don’t have anything that I like the least!

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jennie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying RhinoFit! If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to give us a call.

Annette B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Has been pretty good. If there is a problem, the answer is usually 1 phone call away.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

It allowed us to get information about clients onto a data base. This gave us a way to track their attendance. Would love to see an area where we could track weigh and measures, as this is a gym and it is a service that we offer. Members like to see their progress.

Pros

I like that I can enter information easily and that we can enter a payment profile. I like the numerous reports that are available and also that I can send out emails to the membership. I especially like that I can tailor who I send the emails out to, that it does not have to always be sent to everyone.

Cons

I dislike that if I start an email to the membership and have to leave the window, that I cannot save what I have already accomplished. I do not like that the sign in kiosk is more than a 1 step process. I do not like that I do not have a 'sidebar' window on my screen that shows all my signed in members as they sign in.

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for taking the time to review our software and for the positive feedback about our customer service, easy payment processing, and reports. We also appreciate your feedback on how we could improve our software. Your feedback has been passed along to our development team, software updates are released every quarter. There are some settings that you may find useful within the software that may solve some of the issues you are having with your sign in kiosk as well as measurement/weight tracking. There are some automated sign in kiosk settings that may be adjusted for quicker check-in, and there are adjustments in "custom fields" as well as "assessment set up" that may be a solution for tracking measurements/weight. Please contact us at 866-858-0304 if you would like us to walk you through these options.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nancy C.

Overall good value

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The price. With other services I felt like I would be paying g for features I didn’t want to use.

Cons

I wish I could pull up a list of members that haven’t checked in for a certain time period so I could reach out easily to those that might be MIA.

Tontaleya M.

Good could be great

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

App integration
It helps us manage relatively well

Cons

I wish there was a feature to block off classes if they are not scheduled by a certain time.

I wish this app was integrated with Zapier for integration. It would be much eAsier for me to manage.

I wish that members where automatically active rather than having to go and change them from prospects to active this is really time consuming

Response from RhinoFit

Hey Tontaleya, thanks for your review of RhinoFit! We're happy to hear the software helps manage your studio. We recently updated a feature that allows you to block off classes within a certain time frame. If you have any questions on how to access this, feel free to give us a call at 866-858-0304, thanks!

Matthew P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Finally someone got it right!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

In ten years as a gym owner, we have used every major brand of Client Management Software. This transition has by far been the easiest and cleanest. If you want to make it even easier, take them up on their ridiculously inexpensive setup fee and just send your old database over. RhinoFit so far is proving to be an excellent portal for our memberships and retail while simple and easy to manage for the staff. (We do not use the athlete performance tracking features, full disclosure, nothing bad just happy with our current)

Pros

Menus are clear and intuitive. There is a real sense of sticking to what matters and eschewing the fluff and things that go ding. Customization might not be as high as some other systems, but fewer weeds as well. When we were setting up our account, I had Jury Duty and programmed all of our membership offerings on the phone app in just a couple of hours. Responses via e-mail and phone support have been timely and helpful.

Cons

Some of the supporting videos and help database are not completely up to date yet. but like I said above my questions were answered promptly and correctly

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking your time to review RhinoFit.

We are ecstatic that the software is meeting your business needs. We are continuously constructing new, useful information in our Knowledge Base. In addition, we have near-future plans to publish updated video tutorials.

Thanks again for your feedback and patronage!

Brandon D.

Terrible Service

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I would not recommend this software to anyone. Pay the few dollars extra and get a better service.

Pros

The price is the only pro. But at the lowest price in the industry, you get exactly what you pay for. Low price = Low quality

Cons

This service is terrible. Let me illustrate:
- They offer no historical reports of any of your membership or incomes
- You can't look back at any months and see billing
- Very limited automated actions, so you have to manually check who's paying bills every month
- Customer service is atrocious. I've lost count how many times I called with a question and no one answered. The times someone did answer, the representative frequently had no solution to my issue.
- And worst of all, they prebill. I cancelled my subscription on the last day of my billing cycle, but they said that they had already run my card and could not / would not issue any refund.
Seriously, I've used Zen Planner, Wodify, and Push Press before. I'd recommend any of these at they higher price over Rhino.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Brandon,

We regret that you feel the way you do about our service and company. However, there are some inconsistencies in your review.

Unfortunately, we do not guarantee to provide support to business outside of the US or Canada and our business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. We do guarantee and ALWAYS meet our promise to answer the phone and provide support during these hours. The times we recorded you trying to reach us were outside of these hours.

Secondly, the reporting you are mentioning is in RhinoFit. On of any report, you can set the time frames to "all of time" or to a desired time frame in the past. Reports on overdue and failed bills are on the financial dashboard and on-demand. When a member is searched you can find this info easily, as well.

Lastly, we do not pre-bill like we have already expressed to you. We bill for service after 30 days of using the service and monthly after for the service used.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Wesley W.

Payment Gateway's

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

Rhino Fit offers excellent business management kiosk all is streamlined user friendly but accepting payment online through software is issue.

Pros

Fitness ranking, Personal profile, Account management.

Cons

No Payment gate way in South Africa, My users have to be billed in US dollars the exchange rate is +-12 times the amount. SA has the world highest fitness revenue but NO software offers a payment gate way is our country. Paysafe ,paypal all can not assist us.
SA has Intesity that does not have as many features as Rhino Fit but dominate the sa market. Boxchamp also cross fit, Kick Fit will be the sales agents for your company if payment gateway can be resolved.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello,

We are happy you are enjoying the features of RhinoFit.
Unfortunately, we do not support payment processing in South Africa at this time. We have not found a viable payment processor that will work through our gateway. However, thank you very much for your feedback, we are looking into a possible solution.

Thanks,