RhinoFit Reviews

4.1/5 (196 reviews)
Seichou K.

Much better than MindBody for Martial Arts Schools

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

We're a school of traditional Japanese karate in Alexandria, VA and had used MindBody (MB) for five years before switching to RhinoFit in January 2017. We left MB because for two reasons. First, their monthly software and app fees (exclusive of credit card processing fees) to us increased from $ to $, yet in five years they did nothing to enhance the software features for martial arts clients. Second, as MB is extremely difficult to navigate, even experienced clients (like us) must call technical support weekly to receive guidance on how to utilize the software. Although through September 2016, waiting times for tech support were no longer than 12 or 15 minutes, thereafter, waiting times increased to between 30 and 90 minutes. Of course, we couldn't run our business under such conditions. So, we did a lot of research and concluded that RhinoFit would be best for us. After several weeks our conclusions are: (1) RhinoFit offers the powerful reporting capacity that we required, as well as WOD and other features that make running a martial arts business easier. (2) The transition to RhinoFit has been easy. We paid a $ fee for them to upload spreadsheets that we downloaded from MB. We had to manually input our students contracts and payment data, but RhinoFit does not lose points on this because we have found no software vendor that offers this service. (3) Our monthly fees to RhinoFit are less than 10 percent of what we used to pay MB. (4) Best of all, in these first weeks of using RhinoFit, there have been plenty of times when we didn't know how to use the software. After five years with MB, our natural inclination was to call tech support. However, we have found that we are able to figure out how to use RhinoFit on our own because its software is intuitive! (5) When we can't figure things out on our own and need to call RhinoFit, they pick up the phone after two or three rings between 9:00am and 5:00pm EST. No more waiting for a half hour, an hour or longer. In sum, in terms of ease of use, features and cost, we find it extremely hard to imagine any martial arts school choosing MB over RhinoFit. It's truly a no-brainer. Best of luck!

Pros

RhinoFit offers an array of features that make it easy to run a martial arts school. It is intuitive and easy to use. It is reasonably priced.

Cons

RhinoFit does not offer a branded app.

Katie O.

RhinoFit 2.0

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

I thought 1.0 was way easier to navigate. Sure it looks nice and yes technology needs to keep moving ahead . However I feel like the usability got to complicated. Simple is better in my eyes. As an affiliate owner I now dread having to use the system. Where as the original I though was easy to guide through. I also feel that the customer service has really gone down hill. When there is a problem the responses are not super helpful. Also when the transition happened with 2.0 I believe that there should have been better communication. Sadly I am finding myself looking into different gym management software.

Cons

To complicated. To many tabs make day to day operations easier.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Katie,

Thank you for your feedback and continued relationship with RhinoFit.

Please let us know if you are still having issues navigating RhinoFit 2.0. If you would like, we can also do an orientation of the new system with you.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues that I can help resolve for you.

1 (866)-858-0304

Elizabeth T.

2.0/10
Harley D.

i enjoy using rhinofit for my gym software

Reviewed on 2017/05/23

Pros

i really like the ability to control payments and memberships. It is also easy to access the whole system.

Cons

I don't have a crossfit gym, I own a powerlifting/strongman. so the wod style system and gym classes are not usefull to me. also it would be nice if rhinofit sold barcode scanners and key barcodes for memberships instead of me shopping third party

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for your review on our strongman gym software. We thank you for being a loyal customer for years, and are happy that you enjoy using the software. We are constantly updating our software to accommodate different types of gyms and their needs. Our WOD system may be used as an announcement system if you don't offer "work out of the day". This announcement feature is useful for gyms that want to offer some static communication to gym attendees. We currently do not offer hardware such as barcode scanners but we do have a partner that offers our client's discounts on scanners and barcodes. To find out more information on our partner programs please visit www.rhinofit.ca/partners

6.0/10
Annette B.

Has been pretty good. If there is a problem, the answer is usually 1 phone call away.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

It allowed us to get information about clients onto a data base. This gave us a way to track their attendance. Would love to see an area where we could track weigh and measures, as this is a gym and it is a service that we offer. Members like to see their progress.

Pros

I like that I can enter information easily and that we can enter a payment profile. I like the numerous reports that are available and also that I can send out emails to the membership. I especially like that I can tailor who I send the emails out to, that it does not have to always be sent to everyone.

Cons

I dislike that if I start an email to the membership and have to leave the window, that I cannot save what I have already accomplished. I do not like that the sign in kiosk is more than a 1 step process. I do not like that I do not have a 'sidebar' window on my screen that shows all my signed in members as they sign in.

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for taking the time to review our software and for the positive feedback about our customer service, easy payment processing, and reports. We also appreciate your feedback on how we could improve our software. Your feedback has been passed along to our development team, software updates are released every quarter. There are some settings that you may find useful within the software that may solve some of the issues you are having with your sign in kiosk as well as measurement/weight tracking. There are some automated sign in kiosk settings that may be adjusted for quicker check-in, and there are adjustments in "custom fields" as well as "assessment set up" that may be a solution for tracking measurements/weight. Please contact us at 866-858-0304 if you would like us to walk you through these options.

5.0/10
Jim S.

Could Be Better

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

Their are functions that I have been asking for over a year that still seem to be a miss. If they are there, then the Customer Support is missing. I am not just whining about this. I have always felt that when I call, I am putting the person out.

Most recently I asked about having the ability to create a membership with a start and end date. I called customer support to see if the new RhinoFit did this. She did not know how it could be done and said she would call back and follow up. this was over a week ago and I have not heard anything.

I have asked if the platform could have a selection to pay a bill out of Credit. I have clients who will pay ahead of time and I put it in as a credit. Then I bill for a sessions or membership and have to manually reduce the amount and track it on a spreadsheet.

The ability to e-mail specific people is better, but we still can not create a special field and then e-mail just that distribution group, as far as I know.

I understand we get what we pay for. I have begun the process of looking into other systems since I am entering a slower time of my business. I have to consider the price point of a system that hits more of what we need. The cost of changing is high because of the time it will take. I would like this platform to be it and we keep using it. The problem is we don't get great customer support and the functions are limited when it comes time to creating memberships, sending targeted e-mails and tracking payments made.

Pros

It is inexpensive.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is in the creation of a membership, I can't have a person "join" on a date and have that membership end on a specific date. I have programs that work with the season and time of year. My "In-Season Player Development Program" for example will end at the end of February. Regardless when a member joins. The program should end and NOT Auto renew. But if I select NOT Auto renew, I don't get the monthly billing.

2.0/10
Tontaleya M.

Good could be great

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

App integration
It helps us manage relatively well

Cons

I wish there was a feature to block off classes if they are not scheduled by a certain time.

I wish this app was integrated with Zapier for integration. It would be much eAsier for me to manage.

I wish that members where automatically active rather than having to go and change them from prospects to active this is really time consuming

Response from RhinoFit

Hey Tontaleya, thanks for your review of RhinoFit! We're happy to hear the software helps manage your studio. We recently updated a feature that allows you to block off classes within a certain time frame. If you have any questions on how to access this, feel free to give us a call at 866-858-0304, thanks!

Matthew P.

Finally someone got it right!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

In ten years as a gym owner, we have used every major brand of Client Management Software. This transition has by far been the easiest and cleanest. If you want to make it even easier, take them up on their ridiculously inexpensive setup fee and just send your old database over. RhinoFit so far is proving to be an excellent portal for our memberships and retail while simple and easy to manage for the staff. (We do not use the athlete performance tracking features, full disclosure, nothing bad just happy with our current)

Pros

Menus are clear and intuitive. There is a real sense of sticking to what matters and eschewing the fluff and things that go ding. Customization might not be as high as some other systems, but fewer weeds as well. When we were setting up our account, I had Jury Duty and programmed all of our membership offerings on the phone app in just a couple of hours. Responses via e-mail and phone support have been timely and helpful.

Cons

Some of the supporting videos and help database are not completely up to date yet. but like I said above my questions were answered promptly and correctly

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking your time to review RhinoFit.

We are ecstatic that the software is meeting your business needs. We are continuously constructing new, useful information in our Knowledge Base. In addition, we have near-future plans to publish updated video tutorials.

Thanks again for your feedback and patronage!

Den S.

Run away, one of the worst mistakes we made and terrible support

Reviewed on 2016/08/26

Thought we were getting a nice backend here and it was nothing but alot of promise and no ability to deliver. From start charged us for a setup fee but never did it, then software is very buggy, adding symbols and digits on imported csv file formated in the way they suggest, They know it but do not address issue until its a mess. From there all down hill, payment information was lost many times, and they blamed the customer event thought we are able to show emails confirming account setup. These guys hear about pointing fingers at the customer instead of fixing issues. Calendars do not sync for you need to open up multiple to see what your gym doing, Trainers, group classes should all be able to see each other, App crashes as does web, and many clients unable to login, but again it was said by them our fault. even though Itunes and Play app stores report all the same issues we are seeing, and their 2.0 is a nice looking version that is just that , it is loaded with issues, so don't be sold on this . If Travis the original owner see this and how it was handled he would be highly disappointed. This really is Da Bomb as in bad

Pros

Not really anything

Cons

The list of issues is long , all I can say its not worth the trouble. CC data dumps, lost client data, uses some foreign country as default, imports get corrupted, clients side login unresponsive, calendars do not sync, they have bad support and little to no orientation, plus no support on set up , or in our situation they took the money didn't do the job we had to set all up after paying them. The interface on client side looks , feels and acts low tech and looks bad

Response from RhinoFit

Unfortunately, there were some issues between RhinoFit and this customer that we attempted to resolve to no avail. An orientation is recommended for every customer and it was declined in this case.
We did have to correct some of the account setup that was causing some issues. We do take responsibility for the features that were not working properly. We also upgraded since this client to RhinoFit 2.0 and have not had the issues described here.
We have an import feature and the CSV file has to be correctly formatted.
As for payments and information being lost, we are monitored and audited to be both NACHA and PCI compliant.
In this case, there were a lot of communication issues and everything the client had issues with were resolved.
In fact, we gave this client a 100% refund for all payments made to us.

1.0/10
John W.

Years of Great Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Put simply, it works. We never have problems with receiving payments, tracking members (who check in), and making sure the membership/payment aspects of our operations is working.

Pros

It works. We've used RhinoFit for about 4 years now, and it works as it should, helps us keep our business running, and I love it.

Cons

Workout tracking is not really functional. I also wish our members could check in on their phone.

Response from RhinoFit

Hi John, thank you for sharing your review of RhinoFit! We're pleased to hear how it has been able to assist your facility. If you have any questions about workouts and tracking feel free to email us! [email protected]

-Team RhinoFit

Theresa B.

RhinoFit Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

Ease of learning and use.
Pulling reports is also easy.

Cons

The email blasts could be improved. Under Rhinofit a lot of our database clients were not getting our email blasts and the explanation was that they were being blocked. We had to go to MailChimp for email blasts.

Response from RhinoFit

Theresa, thanks for your review of RhinoFit! We're so glad RhinoFit has been easy for you to use and has simplified your gym management. We have an email system in RhinoFit but have the Mailchimp integration because of its capabilities. If you have any more questions about our email system feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

Teresa B.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

The support staff is excellent. Every time I call for help I never get put on hold. The software is easy to use. And the cost is great!

Pros

It’s easy to use and it has a lot of great features. The dashboard is laid out neatly. Each member has a dashboard that’s easy to understand.

Cons

Going back to recharge those who have a failed charged is confusing. The kiosk doesn’t give me an accepted sign when people pay for drop ins. I would like to know for sure if a payment went through

Response from RhinoFit

Thanks for your review of RhinoFit Teresa! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with us.

Alex P.

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

I have been a customer of RhinoFit for a very long time... probably one of the originals. I enjoyed watching the software develop over the years.

Pros

The software is fine, it does what we need it to do.

Cons

Like virtually everything on earth, there is room for improvement. It I’m satisfied for the most part.

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Alex, thanks for your great review of RhinoFit and for being a longtime client of ours! We're so happy the software has helped you manage your CrossFit gym. We have some new software integrations coming in the next few months we think you will enjoy, so stay tuned!

Scottie J.

RhinoFit Dojo Necessity!

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

RhinoFit software enables us to track student progressions, log WODs and manage overall attendnace of students and instructors. It has proven to be a valuable tool that we use for accounting, payroll and student retention.

Pros

The product is simple and easy to implement. Our dojo was able to convert and begin using the software within one business day. It was literally an overnight turnaround.

Cons

The software lacks an ad-hoc notification system. We would love to be able to flag students so that when they log in at the kiosk they are presented with a custom message that we have flagged them for. This single feature would make the RhinoFit software a total package!

Bianca J.

Getting there!

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

There are a few glitches, but it seems like you guys are working it out over time. I think it is much easier to use than other software from our end. I'd like to see some different reports available. For example, I'd like to see who has signed up for courses over the last 72 hours other than through new bills because my manager normally processes those. I'd like to be able to see which teachers are drawing the largest numbers of students or bringing in the most money. (I'd really like to see how much money each teacher pulls in per month.) My clients have complained that the user-interface on their side is not as user-friendly as they'd like and apparently on iPhones the schedule does not adapt to the window size. But overall I am happy with the purchase and will continue to use your service. It has been reliable in terms of the financial transactions and the staff has been friendly and helpful. Thanks!

Pros

It is fairly intuitive to use from the management end, it is priced appropriately, and I like the customer support.

Cons

There are a few glitches that need to be worked out. The reports need a little work.

Response from RhinoFit

Hey there Bianca!

We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty as a customer! To address some issues:
We have a report that shows "Attendance by class, time and day" this will let you measure the popularity/frequency of the instructors. We are planning on adding a Commission/Performance report for Staff members as well.
We are also working on getting more reports developed and continuously improving RhinoFIt!
For the class drop-ins, you should be using "Sign in Member" if the person is already in the database. When you start typing the name, it will search right away. Then, they will be recorded as attending the class just like you wish. Adding a drop-in is only for people that are not currently members or not currently in your database.
If you have any other questions, or want to go over any other requests, please feel free to give us a call at 1-866-858-0304 or email [email protected]
Elizabeth T.

Adam M.

Easy to use, very cost effective

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

RhinoFit automates all the basic processes, most importantly the auto billing of my clients and management of their memberships. It does that reliably and simply. And it is very cost effective with no per client fees.

Cons

One on one booking and advanced metrics reporting could use some beefing up or customization. There are a few features with little documentation that look like they could be really cool, but I don't understand how to implement.

Jeff D.

RhinoFit Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

Very affordable regardless the size of your business. Great customer service!

Cons

Unable to create and save personalized automated emails. Mobile app needs a lot of work -- buttons too small for those with large fingers, is identical to website. needs to be simplified. Need to have a discount code option at checkout to reduce the workload on the seller.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are pleased to hear that RhinoFit is working for you.Did you know about the Promo codes you can setup and provide for the online store. Let us know if you need help! 1-866-858-0304

Did you know about our Referral Program? If you refer someone to signup with RhinoFit, you get a free month of the software!

We even have an automated way to refer:
Click on Setup > Referral Program and we provide a link to embed on your website.

Gabe G.

G20 Fitness

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Most client interactions can be done through Rhino. Integration with Mailchimp is a big one

Pros

Value for money paid is great. The cost per transaction is very competitive. Member management and customer relationship management is seamless

Cons

Customer service may need some additional training to fully solve issues

Response from RhinoFit

Thanks for your great review of RhinoFit Gabe! We're happy you've seen the great value RhinoFit offers along with the many benefits the software includes.

Dave R.

Affordable Gym Mgmt

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Helps run the gym smoothly. And at the end of the month, when you get your bill, you're glad you choose RhinoFit over ZenP or Wodify

Pros

Low Price, great basic functionnalities & reports easy to use

Cons

Heavy and laggy Interface, overall navigation heavy, many clicks

Response from RhinoFit

Dave, thanks for your review of RhinoFit! We're so happy we've been able to help you run your CrossFit gym. We're currently making some improvements for the new year we think you will enjoy, so stay tuned!

Tara J.

Great improvement over 2014 software

Reviewed on 2016/11/21

First the Bad: Reservations page is awful on iOS (so is the calendar), but PC version is ok. Taking 3 clicks to get to shortcuts are still cumbersome (think getting to your roster)
Definitely improved over 2014 version and still a better buy over other gym management software. Customer support is great when you have questions.

Pros

Navigation menu is on point.

Cons

Calendar is still a pain- Clients can't use Andriod Ap, Mobile site is cumbersome.

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Tara!

Thank you for your feedback!

I am sorry some of your users have been having issues with the iOs Calendar. I assure you it has been tested across all browsers, however we do recommend using Chrome for iOs, it tends to display much nicer.

I am happy to go over any other questions or concerns you may have. Let me know if you want me to call you, or you can give me a call at 1(866)858-0304.

Elizabeth Toon

7.0/10
Philip H.

Needs work but it functions

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

It's good but it could be way better with simple changes

Pros

Ease of use and price
Billing is useful
reports are good as well

Cons

-membership options are not flexible
-coupon codes don't end when they are supposed to
-asked a few times to have more graphic options for ranks...the only option is japanese and there are other arts
-need an option for billing people who sign in and not prepay (not new members)
-staff that better understands the software
-need to remove alumni students from who needs to get promoted for the month

Andrew G.

So far it's been great

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

MY experience has been great. I am a 1 man team at the current moment, and RhinoFit allows me to streamline a lot of the admin parts of my job so that I have more time and energy to do what I am good at, which is coaching! I would definitely recomend, and at the price point its set at it is a no brainer.

Pros

I like the simplicity and the support. I found the program relatively intuitive throughout the set up process (although I have been using similar software for 2 years). Anytime I've encountered an issue the RhinoFit support team is just one call away and they have been more then helpful in answering my questions.

Cons

The app. Sometimes it is very slow when my clients want to access their schedules.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are happy that you are utilize RhinoFit to streamline the tedious admin work of running a business and

We are continuously testing and monitoring the app for issues and making improvements. We will look into the speed and make necessary adjustments. Let us know if it is causing your customers to be dissatisfied and we will do some specific troubleshooting.

Thanks again!

Yvette B.

Poor customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/11

My experience with RhinoFit has not been pleasant. It started with not receiving attention on matters that I was facing. I would send emails and not receive responses. Email has always been the best form of communication for me but with RhinoFit service it was better to call to get a response. This made it very difficult for me since I work 8am - 5 pm mountain time and couldn't contact you all by phone after 3 pm my time. At times I would be told something would be taken care of but would have to follow up after not hearing back. Most recently I changed merchant services and it has been a nightmare. I was getting the run around and had to continuously follow up to find out the status of a very critical issue. I was told different every time I called. Actually, today I spoke to the manager who was to send me a form and once again I didn't receive anything. After mentioning that I was considering cancelling you would think there would have been a little more effort on customer service and it only got worst. Another thing, this survey would pop up every single time I logged in and that is pretty annoying. I would recommend changing that. I will let you know I am very passive and rarely complain but dealing with this most recent issue I have faced had really been a hassle and has left me very unhappy with your service. I wouldn't consider recommending your company to anyone. I hope someone that has an impact to make decisions and a difference reads this for the sake of your business.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Yvette,

I deeply regret and apologize that the situation made you feel that way. I am also surprised because I personally spent hours that week assisting with you switching to Bluepay. While we are integrated with BluePay, it is not a common processor for us.
Unfortunately, when BluePay changed their integration requirements they did not notify us. I spent several hours on the phone trying to get your issue resolved, but it was out of our control and I was not given the correct information without escalating the issue myself and waiting for a response.
In response to you cancelling, I offered you special pricing and offered to help with your issues, had I known what other issues you were facing, I would have certainly helped to resolve them.

LB Fitness was happy with RhinoFit for 3 years and we regret that you are switching.

Thank you for your feedback. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Elizabeth Toon

Cheyenne P.

Legend CrossFit, RhinoFIt

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

No problems since refunds have become possible through the Rhinofit platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Constant upgrades with an understanding to the atmosphere for which the product is used.

Cons

Cant think of any negatives, everything I've had a problem with has been resolved in updates in software or an explanation of how to use it.

Corey H.

Daily operations

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Rhinofit has been great for us, we moved from a mobile gym service to adding our own gym space about 2 years ago and having this system monitor and track everything and allow our clients to book in has been a game changer for us.

Pros

This software has helped us monitor our clients activities, accept and record client payments, allow our clients to book their classes, monitor reports and all other general day to day operations for our business. The pricing is also a great point of difference from other similar software available on the market.

Cons

We have problems with client payments from time to time with odd reasons for failed payments and it can be a real pain to try and track down the source of the problem. Personalisation of the app so it is more recognisable for our clients with our branding on it would be an awesome option to have available.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Corey,

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Good news! We have a new feature being released that will let you Batch handle failed and outstanding bills. This feature will help with the issue you may have when there is any API issues with your payment gateway.

Also, we do some offer CSS customization when integrating your Calendar, Membership Store, and Products. Please email us at [email protected] to explore those options.

6.0/10
Chris R.

Fails in every category outside of "ease of use"

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

I realized not to trust them at their word.

Pros

It was really simple to set up. Even when you think you have a question, the answer is usually right in front of you.

Cons

Having been assured those charges only start after the aforementioned client/sales targets are met, I assumed I still would have time to build a client base before the charges began. What they don't tell you is that the "free until you reach X" policy doesn't really exist. The moment you get CC processing in order to build said clients, you have to pay. Customer service will effectively disappear if you have any complaints about it, so don't count on getting timely responses, either. That means you'll likely end up getting charged for a second month even if you're no longer using their software.

Their system also appears like a first year web dev student created it. Very "Microsoft Word" looking...and there's not much you can do to make it look any better. There was even an occurrence where the sign up form on my website was coded incorrectly and bits of code were visible on the form.

I strongly recommend taking your business elsewhere. There are other services that provide A LOT more value for about the same price point - some are even cheaper. And, from what I've experienced, other services don't con you into giving them your hard earned money.

Response from RhinoFit

I am sorry that you feel this way about RhinoFit. As the site states once you process $2500 or more in payments for a given billing period, you will be billed $57 USD per month thereafter. RhinoFit provides the most competitive features for the price and provides free trial offers of the software but not the merchant credit card processing as this is a separate service that is offered as a convenience to our clients for integration with their new RhinoFit business software systems. Thank you.

0.0/10