RhinoFit

Member Management Software for Gyms, Dojos, Crossfit, & More

4 /5 (252 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
William A.

Love it

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Great software, great features, needs some functionality and streamlining customizations for clients.

Pros

This system is very functional and scalable. You don't get charged extra for having more members and they have a lot of features built-in. Definitely, recommend them.

Cons

Some features are limited. Like having to go from page to page to get contact information for people with failed payments. Not a deal-breaker but kind of a headache since going back will refresh your previous page to the beginning. I usually have to create multiple tabs.

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for your feedback.

We are ecstatic to hear that RhinoFit has been a great fit for your business! I will add the request to our feature request list to be able to send an email reminder directly from the failed payment page.

Did you know we have a referral program? If you refer us, once the account signs up, you will be given a credit for one month free of RhinoFit! You can even add a referral badge to your website for a referral to click and sign up.

We appreciate your support and look forward to a long-standing relationship with you.

Sincerely,

Jason B.
  • Industry: Sports

Better products for cheaper are out there than this bug-ridden mess.

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

We moved to rhinofit because they were cheap, and it was a huge mistake. They offer no help with setup, and it's convoluted to the point where it seems to want to sell you on paying them to set it up for you. Customer service isn't very helpful.

Pros

The SMS feature was nice. Technically speaking it has a wide range of features, even if the implementation of those features are poor.

Cons

UI is confusing and you will constantly make a tiny error that resets an entire action you were performing. There have been almost no feature updates since I joined, and it feels dated and behind the times. The help documentation is useless.

I've lost entire emails I've written up because of their UI being so bad. There's no record of the emails you've sent from the system. The reporting functions are way too basic and extremely confusing to use.

Memberships are a hot mess - if you want to make a change to a membership, like modifying your pricing, too bad. You need to create a new membership and then go into each of your members and apply the new one, because even if you make a change to one people are already using it doesn't apply to existing memberships.

They also don't tell you until you sign up that you have to use their payment processor - you can't use square or stripe or anyone else with reasonable rates. If you don't want to use their PP? They charge you double the cost each month.

The payment processor is a joke and makes you jump through hoops that were designed in the year 2000, even requiring you to go through "PCI training," which is a technology compliance for developers, not for gym owners.

Finally, if you get sick of rhinofit and want to quit...you learn you're locked into a 3 year agreement with the payment provider, it costs $400 to cancel it, and if you cancel rhinofit but not the PP agreement they'll charge you each month regardless.

Stephanie E.

RhinoFit

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall we have had a good experience. Payment takes about 2 days through Gulf Management System which for a business is a little too long.

Pros

I like the easy accessibility of the software. In addition, the added features they continue to update it with.

Cons

It is not very client friendly. It would be great if they would move towards a more client centered application for our members in terms of client retention emails (there's a cap on automatic emails), maybe even including an automatic texting system, an easier way for people to schedule classes.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

I am going to email you directly for your input on what other automated emails you would like to see.

Courtney V.

CrossFit

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

Response time of Customer service when we have an issue.

Cons

The look and lack of updating features. We were told features were coming last year and no updates were made. We also have constant issues with the app and website.

Lisa C.

The good and the bad

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

When the software runs, it does the basics well. For a gym management system it does the basics well.

Cons

My members often complain about the app not working. They are unable to utilize the data features or reserve classes (which is hard on the coaches). The software has completely shut down before leaving me (the coach) with the ability to view the programmed workouts. I’ve learned to just take photos of all the workouts in case the software goes down again. On that particular occasion I immediately emailed RhinoFit, but got zero response.

Nancy C.

Overall good value

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The price. With other services I felt like I would be paying g for features I didn’t want to use.

Cons

I wish I could pull up a list of members that haven’t checked in for a certain time period so I could reach out easily to those that might be MIA.

Matthew P.

Finally someone got it right!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

In ten years as a gym owner, we have used every major brand of Client Management Software. This transition has by far been the easiest and cleanest. If you want to make it even easier, take them up on their ridiculously inexpensive setup fee and just send your old database over. RhinoFit so far is proving to be an excellent portal for our memberships and retail while simple and easy to manage for the staff. (We do not use the athlete performance tracking features, full disclosure, nothing bad just happy with our current)

Pros

Menus are clear and intuitive. There is a real sense of sticking to what matters and eschewing the fluff and things that go ding. Customization might not be as high as some other systems, but fewer weeds as well. When we were setting up our account, I had Jury Duty and programmed all of our membership offerings on the phone app in just a couple of hours. Responses via e-mail and phone support have been timely and helpful.

Cons

Some of the supporting videos and help database are not completely up to date yet. but like I said above my questions were answered promptly and correctly

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking your time to review RhinoFit.

We are ecstatic that the software is meeting your business needs. We are continuously constructing new, useful information in our Knowledge Base. In addition, we have near-future plans to publish updated video tutorials.

Thanks again for your feedback and patronage!

Brian M.

Every time we log in we get ask to fill out a survey which we have done over a year ago.

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Mostly onlybilling

Pros

it is easy is to sign people in into class. Posting WODS are user friendly, Wod tracking could have more features based on CrossFit workouts. It would be nice if there were badly reminder set ups for members to add to their calendar the class times that the would like to attend for the week.

Cons

The set features as will as the member ship feature are not very user friendly. Also, the screen shut down quick often when logging members in manually. The app is not very user friendly we only have about 10% that even try to us it. The WOD list page is backwards we should always see the current weeks would without click on the sort button.

Brandon D.

Terrible Service

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I would not recommend this software to anyone. Pay the few dollars extra and get a better service.

Pros

The price is the only pro. But at the lowest price in the industry, you get exactly what you pay for. Low price = Low quality

Cons

This service is terrible. Let me illustrate:
- They offer no historical reports of any of your membership or incomes
- You can't look back at any months and see billing
- Very limited automated actions, so you have to manually check who's paying bills every month
- Customer service is atrocious. I've lost count how many times I called with a question and no one answered. The times someone did answer, the representative frequently had no solution to my issue.
- And worst of all, they prebill. I cancelled my subscription on the last day of my billing cycle, but they said that they had already run my card and could not / would not issue any refund.
Seriously, I've used Zen Planner, Wodify, and Push Press before. I'd recommend any of these at they higher price over Rhino.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Brandon,

We regret that you feel the way you do about our service and company. However, there are some inconsistencies in your review.

Unfortunately, we do not guarantee to provide support to business outside of the US or Canada and our business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. We do guarantee and ALWAYS meet our promise to answer the phone and provide support during these hours. The times we recorded you trying to reach us were outside of these hours.

Secondly, the reporting you are mentioning is in RhinoFit. On of any report, you can set the time frames to "all of time" or to a desired time frame in the past. Reports on overdue and failed bills are on the financial dashboard and on-demand. When a member is searched you can find this info easily, as well.

Lastly, we do not pre-bill like we have already expressed to you. We bill for service after 30 days of using the service and monthly after for the service used.

Matthew C.

Some good some not so

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It’s a mixed bag. I like that most everything is on the site but the calendar Integration into ICal or other calendar apps makes me rethink some things.
The support is fine, though sometimes when a person has time to do the processing and website additions or edits, the support is not available. (24 hour help)

Pros

The pricing is good. Website is concise but sometimes not clear. Easy to check people into class.

Cons

Not able to integrate into other calendar applications, and didn’t seem like they were wanting to integrate that at any time in the near future.
The process of financials are labor intensive. Lots of steps.
The steps to accept credit cards was arduous.

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for taking your time for this review.

We may have integrations in the future with more mobile friendly Calendar Apps. I will make sure our developers know that you have requested this upgrade. We will keep you updated.

Adam M.

Easy to use, very cost effective

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

RhinoFit automates all the basic processes, most importantly the auto billing of my clients and management of their memberships. It does that reliably and simply. And it is very cost effective with no per client fees.

Cons

One on one booking and advanced metrics reporting could use some beefing up or customization. There are a few features with little documentation that look like they could be really cool, but I don't understand how to implement.

Mackenzie B.

Still looking for ease

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

That makes due for now .

Pros

The calendar for my clients to sign up for classes .

Cons

As an administrator to set up additional view of “home page”

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Mackenzie, thanks for your feedback of RhinoFit! We're happy to hear our calendar feature has been valuable for your gym. If you have any additional feedback or requests feel free to call us at 866-858-0304, thanks!

Ross A.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

RhinoFit allowed us to focus on building and marketing our gym rather than the technology

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Everything has been as advertised so far. It has exceeded my expectations, and I think we're still scratching the surface.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to setup. Easy to integrate with our web site. Seems to have features to support everything we can think up.

Cons

There are features that don't work the way I would have expected. Not saying they're the wrong way, but it takes some time and experimentation to get a solid handle on everything. That said, I wish I could create test accounts and delete them when I'm done. I mean REALLY delete them. Also, it would be nice to associate specific RhinoSign waivers with memberships. Also, I would love to handle membership contracts and waivers separately with RhinoSign.

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Ross, thanks for sharing your thoughts on RhinoFit! We're so happy to hear the software has enabled you to build up your gym and streamline operations. As far as any questions and concerns you might have, feel free to reach out and we would more than glad to help! :
[email protected]

Jake M.

Forge Performance Training: Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

So far we are satisfied with RhinoFit. There are, as expected, a number of hiccups and things that we would like to see improved and/or added. However, even the frustrating items are mitigated because of the excellent customer support we have received from the very start. If RhinoFit can continue to improve and add/edit features based on user feedback they will have a very affordable, successful product on their hands that we would happily recommend and refer to the multitude of other gym and studio owners we work with.

Pros

Straight forward interface on the app helps our people find what they need quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Back end navigation and lack of ability to edit/customize certain fields (WOD feature in particular) is frustrating. Some of the automations that move members from Active to Trial have been a particular nuisance as well.

Ryan C.

RhinoFit 2.0 Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

The software works and is mostly reliable. I am writing the review in order to see improvements with future updates. Overall the software is worth the money and the customer service is top notch. Here are my top items to fix:
-The Calendar View on the mobile site needs to show the entire time frame or allow you to cut it down. I don't need to see 2am. Also this could be arranged better with easier to see blocks of time.
- There is an error now after reloading and entering the password.
-The student tabs are hard to distinguish on the mobile site.
-The new email interface is small on both the traditional site and the mobile site.
- The mobile site calendar needs some enhancements to speed and rendering when adding students to attended.
- Student attending class portal should save the gym code and not require it again

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Ryan!

Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Just so you know, You can change the hours the Calendar displays by going to Setup > Integration > Calendar> Change the hours the Calendar displays.

We have cleaned up the Calendar since this review. If you let you customers now to clear the cookies and cache and (if possible) use Google Chrome, the student Calendar will look a lot better. Especially if you remove the extra hours.

If you are experiencing any issues still, please let me know.

You can give me a call at 1-866-858-0304
or email at [email protected]

Katie P.

Works well for my studio's needs

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Multiple logins available for our instructors or renters. They are able to add and edit classes easily.

Cons

Wish the calendar view could be switched from monthly to daily or weekly. Example is Google calender.

Response from RhinoFit

Thank you for your review of our RhinoFit member management software. We are happy to hear that are satisfied with our class features. We appreciate your feedback regarding the calendar functions, the view changes your looking for can be implemented. The calendar can be switched to day/week/month in two ways: on the front end calendar that your customers see, they can click on the top right to navigate through different calendar views; on the back end of the software, you can adjust the default calendar view and replace the iframe code you currently have. Please reach tech support if you need any assistance implementing any changes. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Matthew A.

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

amazing - good customer service

Pros

Very smooth operating and easy format. This has helped me as a startup a ton

Cons

nothing, The company has provided a bunch to assisting me and working out issues

Kenny W.

I LOVE RHINO

Reviewed on 2017/02/20

I Love Rhinofit the system helps me manage my box fluidly and efficiently. It is also very cost effective, the monthly rate is cheap for what you get. Any time ive had a question the service has been quick to respond an help to solve any problems ive had.

Pros

ease of use,

Superb Gym Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

super responsible customer service reps

Pros

Easy to use platform and the price is just amazing. They also recently added Door access entry which allows my business to run on its own.

Cons

I wish they could include a POS together with this software. This would allow me to just pay for one software fee than to pay for another software just to charge pos

Brandon G.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Worst software and customer service EVER

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

We did a free trial with Rhinofit after buying a new gym. The software was VERY basic and the on-boarding process was terribly run. We were going to have to manually add all clients and biking information because we were told the keys could not imported. We decided to move away from this software and Rhinofit refused to refund our monthly dues and also charge us a termination fee upon exiting . The staff was very rude and did not seem interested in improving the software. They were more concerned about the building software on the back end because it is owned by a credit card processing company! I would never recommend this company to anyone

Pros

No features we really liked. Very poor software

Cons

Lots of broken links, poor functionality, financial reports were terrible

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Brandon,

We regret that you had such a bad experience with your RhinoFit back in 2016. Our records show that the account was signed up for and a contract signed that included an early deconversion fee for your merchant account. Unfortunately, the contract was not with RhinoFit and we did not collect the fee that was charged.
Since your experience, we have made many upgrades and have a lot more intuitive features. We would like to provide you with one free month of the software to see the new features and look.

Let us know if you would like to use our offer. Give us a call anytime! 1-866-858-0304. We always pick the phone up Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5:00 pm.

Jenny S.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

RhinoFit makes scheduling and managing fitness classes a breeze!

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

I love the platform of this software. It looks great and is very easy to use. The customer service is helpful and there's even videos online that can help you if you get stuck.

Pros

Our fitness center at my work recently did the free 30 day trial that RhinoFit currently offers. I love that we got to try it out before we committed! This system is great and easy to use! It lets us manage our many different fitness classes that we have with multiple instructors and attendees. I definitely recommend this software to any company that needs to better manage their fitness schedule!

Cons

I didn't have anything that I would say I didn't like about this software. It has definitely made our life easier and better manage our activities. It also allows you to keep track of attendees and better evaluate what classes are popular and which you shouldn't offer anymore.

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Jenny, thanks for your review of RhinoFit!
-Team RhinoFit

Matt D.

Easy To Use and Feasible

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

With Rhinofit I was able to go from manually running cards on stripe with my own very confusing method, to having a business where cards are run automatically, removing a lot of stress from my life. I'm now able to more effectively pursue my passion, which is serving our members.

Pros

I like that it's so easy to get familiar with and use. I also like that it provides all of the functions that I need to run my facility. I like the low software and transaction fees as well.

Cons

I honestly like everything about Rhinofit

Response from RhinoFit

Hi Matt, thanks for your in-depth review of RhinoFit! We're so happy to know that we've been able to streamline the operations and billing management for your gym. We're here every step of the way as your business grows!
-Team RhinoFit

Kevin D.
  • Industry: Sports

Great resource for the money

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

The different functions are great for the price.

Cons

The site seems to be slow at times to upload.

Ashley S.

don't like it

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

I have not been impressed with the software. 1st as a member of a gym using the software.. always felt it was slow and used way too much data.

as a box owner I find it is not very easy to maneuver and there are too many steps to create a class schedule. the menu is also not very user friendly.

Pros

the price. the software is very affordable but ease of use and functionality reflects the price

Cons

the functionality, data usage, app speed, ease of use

Response from RhinoFit

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have made many updates and added features to RhinoFit since you have completed this review.

If you would like to give us another chance, please give us a call to schedule a demo or visit https://www.rhinofit.ca/schedule-live-demo/

Tony V.

Easy to operate!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

The product management makes it easy to run a product store from my mobile phone. Easy to customize as well!

Cons

The digital waivers were a challenge to get going, but once they were created it made it easier for my customers to access.