James H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Unique in its ability and features for formative assessment.

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Improved student learning and graduation rates.

Pros

I appreciate explorance's continue pursuit of improving Bluepulse by improving ease of use and adding features to improve functionality. Webinars have been well received by new users, especially discussions of new features. I also feel that the connections with Canvas will facilitate its use by faculty and students.

Cons

Online FAQ site would be very helpful or knowledge base. Also a community page to catalog how Bluepulse is being used would be helpful.

Parrish W.

great tool to engage with students

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

the ability to custom make your interface and questions with the class. BluePulse has allowed me to interact with my class, and get frank responses to pace, scope, assessments, and lecture style that I feel I would not have otherwise. It helps the class engage with me, and also helps me to understand my weaknesses in 'real-time' as opposed to at the end of the semester, when it is somewhat moot.

Cons

I have also found the UI a bit frustrating at times. There are some 'quirks' - e.g. you cannot delete a question, or copy a question. There is the option of a rotating question, but to enable this in multiple courses, I would like to have the option to copy between courses. It also seems that BP may be incorporating some quizzing options. This is redundant with multiple other platforms, and I think gets away from its original value.

Becky P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Blue Evaluation addresses all of the University of Louisville's business needs

Reviewed on 2017/03/25

The University of Louisville (UofL) acquired Blue Evaluation in 2010 following the implementation of two pilot projects. UofL sought a software application that would allow us to centralize the administration of course evaluations while maintaining the ability to ask students questions based upon their academic unit. Blue addresses all of UofL's business needs. Key features in Blue for UofL include the:
*ability to evaluate team taught courses;
*accommodation of multiple evaluation periods based on the course ending dates;
*option to synchronize with PeopleSoft to automate the evaluation process;
*mobile device compatibility;
*integration with Blackboard;
*robust reporting features that includes many statistical measures, including gap and trend analyses;
*ability to allow faculty to monitor their own response rates while maintaining student confidentiality; and
*need to automate report viewing based upon administrative roles within the academic unit.

Blue allows UofL to centrally manage the evaluation of all courses within our 12 academic units including three professional schools (School of Medicine, School of Law, and School of Dentistry).

eXplorance's customer support is top notch. The support staff are extremely helpful and very responsive to any type of inquiry. The support staff goes above and beyond any other vendor we work with. eXplorance's Professional Services always works to find the best solution based upon our current business practices, allowing us to make the product work for us.

Pros

Blue Evaluation has several features that optimize the automation of the course evaluation process including the ability: to append data not stored in PeopleSoft, to create a customized reporting hierarchy so deans, associate deans, and department chairs automatically view the correct reports, to leverage existing projects and reports by simply copying and updating them for the current semester, to create visually appealing and informing reports at both the faculty and departmental levels.

Cons

UofL recommends the training provided by eXplorance in order to take advantage of the vast number of features and functionality of the software.

Peter B.

Blue = Response Rates = Quality Data = Actionable Change

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

We were challenged for years with the lack of responses for our end-of-term summative evaluations that resulted in zero actions due to the lack of both quantitative and qualitative data. After the first semester running Blue, the institution experienced a +200% increase in response data. Combined with the Learning Experience Management solutions of eXplorance, we finally are able to obtain the actionable information we need to drive change.

Tarek S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A Quick Note on Blue

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

Since 2008 and we are using Blue for all our course evaluations and surveys and we are very satisfied with it. Remarkably is the customer support team at Blue, they are time responsive, knowledgeable, accurate, friendly and professional.