Showing 25 reviews of 15

BIGVU

Platform to build marketing, sales pitch, & news videos

Showing 25 reviews of 15
Kianja J.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Never Memorize Your Video Script Again!

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Overall, I thought that this was really user friendly. I loved being able to practice my scripts and watch the playback immediately. This is definitely worth using.

Pros

Bigvu allows you to upload a prepared script from your computer and use your phone or tablet as a teleprompter. I love that you have the ability to use both the computer and the app at the same time. You can instantly see the script as you record your video. I love that the script on the teleprompter will stop moving when you pause. This is not only a teleprompter but a video recorder and editor. You can add a watermark of your logo on your video and trim the video. My favorite part is that you can do multiple takes of your script and choose the best version. This is definitely worth the money.

Cons

You are limited on how much you can edit your videos using the software. You can add lower thirds on the video that show your name or whatever you decide to write and you can add your logo. I wish there was the capability to add videos into templates where you can add different texts or pictures inside of the video. If I am doing an explainer video, I would like to have step 1 pop up, then step 2, and step 3. This software does not have that capability as of yet.

Monique S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Awesome App

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

My overall experience has been awesome! If I did have an issue I emailed support and they got back with me right away and took care of the minor hiccup.

Pros

I love that I am able to create a script and read it right from the screen as I'm recording.

Cons

Sometimes it would get hung up and not upload

Ray F.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

BIGVU makes your videos look like they were done by a professional!

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Pros

BIGVU allows me to easily upload my script on my computer and display it on my mobile device. Editing and adjusting the speed of the script to manage my tempo are easy to do. I first tried the trial version and loved it. Try it. Use it. Watch the results!

Cons

I would like to capture video or screen share from my computer.

Candice A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Professional and Fun

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

I really enjoy it.

Pros

I like that I can control a lot of the content and I can easily stay on track with my content.

Cons

It is evident that I am not looking straight at the camera.

Maureen M.

Level up your video interviews instantly

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Integrating the ability to provide and then read the script during filming lowers the hurdle of collaborating with anyone contributing to your project. Once someone can use the teleprompter to appear they are not reading from a script, they will see how easy it is to add their personalization to any video projects.

Pros

The teleprompter feature is the standout process for me in this video tool. You can prepare your script and read it on your smartphone during filming, then move on to adding subtitles and editing your video all in one tool.

Cons

There are limitations to customizing the intro and outros that I would like to see expanded. Also a pause/stop option for the teleprompter would be a great addition to this tool.

Sally S.

Great for us newbies

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

The benefits of this far outweigh my one issue. I am pleased with the product and very much looking forward to getting more proficient with it.

Pros

It's allowing me to work on video which is one of my goals.

Cons

It's not as intuitive as I would like. I can't always figure out how to get to where I want to be.

Marcos G.

It's way more than just a simple teleprompter application

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

We came across and tried this application looking for tools that would allow teachers to create eLearning videos with ease. Many of them do not have the time to come to a studio or create one at home, and worse, when standing in front of the camera they forget everything they should say. This app allows them to be recorded through your smartphone while reading the script they wrote previously, so they say everything necessary without forgetting anything.
But it does not stay there. Once recorded, the App allows you to make certain edits to your video, as well as add other graphic elements and even replace the background, if you used a green screen.

Cons

It is quite simple and basic. While we do not have negative comments about what there is, we would like to have more editing options as in other online editors. However, they are on the right track.

Any better apps

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

i can't find the video to download from the website unless i edited it
1- wile i am editing the video, if someone called me or i want to use my phone. i have to REEDIT the video,
2- Editing video taking too much time.
3- You can't edit more than video and processing them at the same time. just one by one
4- There is no more feathers to edit scripts in any time in the video, just the title of the video.
5- Quality of video after editing is going less quality

Pros

1-Scripts
2- Titles
3- Music
4- like the adjustment of screen based on my phone position
5- business card

Cons

Nothing less.

Thierry D.

The Best Software for Social Media

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

The ideal way to editorialize content from social networks through a viral video format. It's very simple...

Response from BIGVU

Thanks Thierry, we are glad that BIGVU helps you and your customers engage with video on social media!

Tiffiny F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

BigVu is a great way to make videos for YouTube

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Overall I love using this app as it is super simple for a YouTuber.

Pros

I love that BigVu has a teleprompter feature. I like to use this when I have a video and want to make sure I'm hitting all my important points. It's easy to upload my text and I can do everything on my phone.

Cons

I dislike that I can't find the videos that I have done on the online site when I log into my PC/desktop. I can only save the videos on my phone. This may be an oversight on my part but I did not see where I could save my videos to a cloud so I could see them later on their app on my PC.

Jürgen S.

Teleprompter on your Phone

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

With BigVu, making videos using your phone to record text from a smartphone is made so easy that everyone can post short videos. I like the flexibility of setup and ease of use.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Desktop version for composing scripts.

Cons

Saved videos on phone don't always appear on the desktop app. Can be slow, might be my internet connection though.

Bill P.
  • Industry: Sports

Great experience with this product.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

I make impromptu training videos ad this allows me to,work out what I want to say easier.

Pros

I have found this product to be simple to use with a clean user friendly interface. It works exactly as advertised.

Cons

I do not have any major complaints about this application. I guess a help file would be a benefit to some people.

Burt K.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Hands down most user-friendly teleprompter!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

This was the exact teleprompter I was looking for. Thanks for developing it!

Pros

~ Easy to use, just enough features
~ Great integration with their desktop dashboard

Cons

~ Would prefer more editing capabilities
~ Just a little pricey compared to similar apps

Christina C.

Just what I needed

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

It's been awesome! Super easy to use!

Pros

I love the ability to script myself to stay on topic and to use green screen and the business card! I just love everything!

Cons

I'd like the ability to use it with Facebook live or linked in live

René V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

BIGVU...a BIG THANK YOU

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Very positive

Pros

Easyness of the app. The chroma key functionality.

Cons

The 'difficulties' in adding and editing captions.

A tip: send a reminder to capture more video's or vlogs.