Kaymbu Reviews

Kaymbu

Classroom documentation tool for early education programs

4.6/5 (69 reviews)

My school has enjoyed using Kaymbu thus far!

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

We have enjoyed using Kaymbu overall. We have had some difficulties as far as the app freezing up when we try to send pictures and videos (but after talking with Kaymbu's tech support it may be something going on, on our end, versus the app it self. Still undetermined). Our families love the updates that we are able to send to include pictures, videos, and messages. Kaymbu has eliminated a lot of extra steps the administration and teachers were taking before we had this platform, puts everything into one place. The Kaymbu team has been helpful when we have issues, and helps solve the problem.

Pros

I like the ease of use, and the ability to use across multiple platforms. The teachers at my school are able to login on a tablet, their cellphones, or a computer. The storyboards have been a life saver as far as how easy they are to use and send, as my school sends newsletters once a week for multiple classrooms.

Cons

I do wish administration had the same access as teachers, in addition to the administration functions. It creates additional steps to have to login as a teacher to send pictures to families that I may have taken. I have also noticed the android app doesn't appear to be quite as good as the apple version (I have noticed this between using android tablets and ipads and iphones). My school also uses Kaymbu to send notices to families in the event of a school closure or emergency. It would be helpful to be able to access full capabilities from a cellphone app (in the event we had a power outage and didn't have access to our internet connection and computer).

7.0/10

The Kaymbu product and team are both amazing.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017

the Kaymbu software brings us increased customer satisfaction and saves our staff time, both of which are invaluable to me as a business owner.

Pros

The user-interface is incredibly intuitive; even more least tech-saavy educators can use the system with ease.

Parent *LOVE* receiving the information without having to log-in to a new account/application, and we hear nothing but rave reviews about how much they love receiving photos of their children at school.

The product has also helped us organize and digitize our child observation systems. The tagging feature allows for our educators to quickly and easily categorize the photos they take - we have saved hours of staff time that used to be spent organizing digital photo files.

Every member of the Kaymbu team provides exceptional customer service. When I have a questions or need assistance, I have never waited more than 3 hours to receive a personal response from the team via email.

The team also made integration with our accounting software painless. They managed the entire process from start to finish behind the scenes with our accounting company, with a few key strategy meetings to ensure that the integration met my needs.

Kaymbu is an incredible product concept backed by a passionate and innovate team.

Kudos to Kaymbu!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017

Our school began using Kaymbu in our program, and it has made a significant difference in how teachers document learning. Although I think there is a bigger learning curve for teachers who aren't tech savvy, it is still easy and accessible for most of our teachers to use as a tool for creating current, up-to-date documentation. Another feature that has been great is the email/text option to send to families. This has been amazing for broadcasting the learning, and families are very happy to receive information this way.

Pros

I like the ability to use photos and texts to create simple ways to document children's learning. I love the ability to share with families right away and the emergency/urgent messaging has been very helpful on sending important messages like snow day closures. I also enjoy the capacity to organize documentation by classroom, child and school. It's nice to be able to pull it up and make sure that children's learning is being documented equitably.

Cons

We REALLY wish you could post more than one photo into a moment. I find teachers creating 5 or more moment pages to include the important photos that may have happened in a series. This is complicated for sending to families. Storyboards only allows us to upload the photos from Moments, so I think this is how the teachers have figured out how to utilize storyboards. Perhaps we are missing something....

Best tool I’ve found to improve family and staff communication!

Reviewed on 3/13/2019

The biggest benefit to our rep is definitely having the ability to improve communication with families. Owning and working in a preschool you definitely realize that this is a coparenting business. Without proper communication between the administration, teaching staff and families Important aspects of a child’s daily activities, educational progress and goals get lost. Kaymbu has eliminated that lose of information and made it possible for us to maintain better bonds with families and serve our children in the most efficient way.

Pros

The ability to communicate effectively with families, allow teachers to document and track each child’s successes and share the moments with their families. The bonus features are customizing it for our DRDP assessments, creating storyboards that eliminates newsletter waste. Imputing curriculum plans for staff to refer to and share. Instant messaging to families and the new yearbook! There’s so much to take advantage of that I couldn’t possibly list all the benefits we have found!

Cons

All you have to do is pick it up and start playing. The only con would be how to implement all the great features. We’ve been using Kaymbu for over a year and just keep discovering more ways to use it.

Easiest to Use

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

I love this Kaymbu software! It is very user friendly and fun to use.. I can take a visual record of the children's progress in the classroom, add descriptions and send it off to parents. Moms and Dads love receiving photos from the classroom, as it is their window to the child's day. There is an add on program Daily Note that allows pre-school teachers to track all care aspects of a child's day. This includes all meals, bottles, toileting, diaper changes, accidents, naps, medications and activities. There is also a place to add notes to parents. It has allowed us to do daily record keeping quickly and efficiently.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use is what makes this software a favorite. I also love the ability to crop the photos in order to get the best shot.

Cons

Once the photos go from Drafts to Moments, the photos still appear in drafts. This makes it hard to look through the drafts and know which photos have already been saved to Moments. I would prefer if the Draft photos disappeared once they were sent to Moments.

Parents love this app!

Reviewed on 2/11/2019

Parents have really enjoyed the transparency this app offers. They enjoy getting pictures of their child. It has been a helpful in organizing pictures of kids as they progress through our classrooms. Kaymbu has simplified our end of the year scrapbook by helping us keep pictures organized and saving cost in developing pictures.

The Daily Note has helped us use less paper. We are able to do diaper logs and incident reports via the app rather than have binders and papers to keep track of.

Pros

It is easy to take pictures and send them to our families. Our families enjoy getting weekly snapshots of what is going on at school

Love the Daily Note for our younger kids to keep track of bathroom and eating habits. The Daily Note is also very helpful in tracking incidents that happen and logging medications.

Customer service is great. Tutorials are super helpful.

Cons

Just minor software tweaks that are usually easily resolved through customer service. It is very nice that Daily Notes can be sent multiple times throughout the day.
Sometimes it take awhile to save a draft as a moment - that may be a server problem though.

Kaymbu Changed Our Communication

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

Overall, this was a good find for our school. It has given teachers the ability to assess and collect information on students and parents get av well-rounded picture of their child's experience at school.

Pros

This software gave my teachers the opportunity to refine their communications with parents. Everything from a quick message when a child was upset at drop off to their weekly newsletter. Our parents love getting their Kaymbu newsletter with pictures of their child's class. This school year we also provide parents with their child's progress report through the use of the portfolio section of Kaymbu. This has been an excellent addition to our program.

Cons

When setting up the portfolio progress report we ran into a few minor complications. However, the Kaymbu support staff were right there to support us.

Love the support and collaboration

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

We have been using Kaymbu awhile now and it has been in integral part of how we do our documentation, sharing, and assessment. There has been a learning curve for some of our teachers, however, the support has been incredible. Our school has somewhat of a very complex system and working with the Kaymbu support team has been amazing in that they take our ideas and incorporate it into the app. Families and staff also love the sharing and getting to see what's going on in the different classrooms. Storyboards have been our way of previewing what's to come, reviewing the week, and creating and sharing child portfolios.

Pros

I love the fact that it's constantly being improved.

Cons

When we want it to do something and it can't, BUT there's always a possibility of it eventually doing it. We just have to be patient. :)

Changed our community...

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Kaymbu has increased the productivity level of our educators as well as their mental health. Before, they spent so much time on an assessment program that was often sluggish or did not work properly and sometimes tricky to understand. Now, not only are they enjoying documenting each child's progress, but they are sharing it with families, administrators, other educators, and in less time! The connections Kaymbu has supported are priceless and as leaders in our Early Education community, we are sharing this good news!

Pros

Kaymbu is so user-friendly and fun to use. It makes it easy for everyone, no matter what their role, to really see and NOTICE what is going on in our classrooms, at all our locations, across all of our programs. This matters because it is so important that we encourage each other to do the best we can for children, that we share successes and ideas, that we are aware of growth, of learning, of culture and of our community. Kaymbu has given us this advantage, this opportunity and opened this door for us. It has connected us with our families in a way we were not able to before and provided us with an exceptional assessment tool that is easy to understand and is not an added stressor for our educators. And, last, but not least...the customer service is better than excellent!

Cons

Really, there is nothing that we do not like. We are excited about the functionality that Kaymbu is still working on and is yet to come! We look forward to growing with them!

Kaymbu Communications Create Community

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

We chose Kaymbu for its ease in sharing our curriculum and communicating daily happenings with parents. We didn't realize how great it would be for our staff to communicate and share - this has been a fabulous side effect.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the Storyboard feature of Kaymbu. We use this for internal staff communications as well as family communications! Staff has the pleasure of learning from one another and sharing their work with each other. The parents often comment on how great it is to see their children in action while at work! It's a great tool for creating community and showing everyone what's happening in our center!

Cons

The uploads are slow for us due to internet connectivity, I suppose. I wish we didn't have so many snafus in this area.

Great classroom tool!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/5/2019

In general they've been pretty responsive to emails. Mostly whenever I had a suggestion or feature they've said I'm not the only one who brought this up and its on the 'eventual map' but we've been with Kaymbu for 1.5 years and I don't really feel like any of them are closer to happening.

Pros

I love their newsletter feature, the ease of use, the fact that teachers can communicate with parents easily etc.

Cons

There are a couple of things that can really use some improvement. Namely the issues we have is that the newsletter does not translate to print well which doesn't really work for some of our families, and some families aren't seeing them which is a real shame. It would be a huge improvement if they were able to adjust the format that it looked great as an email, but could also be printed and sent home each week for parents and students to look at together.

Also, if there was an easier way for parents to give feedback. Like a like feature under different posts in the newsletter, or an easy way encouraging them to send a little feedback to the teachers. Even the parents who do get it and LOVE looking at it, don't think to give feedback usually and I think it would go such a long way for teachers.
Also the texting feature is nice, but it would be even nicer if you could actually see the email in the text, not just a link to your email.

Amazing Tool

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

Kaymbu has increased our ability to communicate with Families. Families are so impressed with our use of Kaymbu for weekly Storyboards, Portfolios and Daily Communication. Teachers are able to use the tool with ease daily, documenting special learning moments in the classroom. As a Administrator, I now use the tool for all center communications. This tool is the best one that I have encountered in my 35 years in the Early Childhood field.

Pros

Easy to use.
Bridges the gap between Home and School.
Can be used for a variety of functions.
As administrator, I can monitor all activity.
Amazing communication tool.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to harvest photos from Kaymbu for other uses.
There are very few issues, the customer service at Kaymbu is incredible! Quick response and always able to help you solve an issue.

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

Overall I like Kaymbu, but there are some changes that could be made to streamline the usage.

Pros

I like having the ability to capture moments throughout the day and share them, along with text, with families. The customer service is quick and responsive. I like that we are now able to access all the photos taken on both the iPads our school has on either iPad.

Cons

I don't like the multi-step requirements to get my storyboards ready. I wish I could select all the photos I intend to use and have kaymbu organize them into a few storyboard options to choose from. I would like a messenger option for chatting with families. The photo quality is poor on our iPad. There are too frequent updates that interfere with usage.

Great for families!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2/8/2019

I love the look of the newsletter and when I've had a couple questions, support from Kaymbu was quick and helpful. I think this software makes very attractive newsletters and families are excited to receive and read them. Overall I'd recommend it, especially to teachers of younger students.

Pros

I love the ease of using the Kaymbu camera to add photos to my newsletters. Families love seeing their children's photos in newsletters and it's something they look forward to. There is higher engagement for families to look for newsletters each week, and I love being able to send most via text and email. I also love being able to email photos to families that I don't use in the newsletter. I first started using Kaymbu because I wanted the ability for non-English speaking families to see the news from my class in their own language. I love that the translations are made with the newsletter and photos in tact. Last year I had students whose families spoke 8 different languages and all but one accessed news via Kaymbu.

Cons

I wish there were more choices for layouts and more options for editing, but I do appreciate that it's easy to use. I'm a third grade teacher, and sometimes want more options to make my work look "older" for students.

A great addition to our early childhood program!

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

Kaymbu is an innovative company with great customer service. I love that they are constantly asking for feedback, and incorporating what their customers need. We have been more than pleased with the technology, and all of the new additions.

Pros

For years we talked about how we wished we had a program that does all of the things that Kaymbu does for us! We were so excited when we stumbled upon this company, and Kaymbu has been making our teachers lives easier every day since! We love that it communicates with our parents so seamlessly, and we love the addition of the Parent App!

Cons

On occasion our apps don't tell us when there is an update and will stop working. We will have to uninstall and reinstall to get them working again.

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

The customer service is excellent at Kaymbu any questions or concerns were addressed imminently and corrected or helped fixing the problems we had. We asked Kaymbu to input some information into their drop downs that we use and they gladly helped our center and staff with that. Kaymbu also did a live webinar to help our staff use the programs they have available more successfully and efficiently. What a great and easy way to be able to share with parents about their child.

Pros

Kaymbu is easy to use and the teachers can navigate it well to send messages to the parents and other teachers. One feature we like most is the ability to send a child's information to the next class and not having to re-input the information.

Cons

We have no concerns or dislikes of your programs.

Parent Tested, Director Approved

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

We love this app! The customer service has been excellent.

Pros

We tested several major childcare apps with our parent group, and found that most ended up not liking the "real time" updates for daily notes. While it seemed at first that this may be something they would actually like, the parents, overwhelmingly, felt that it was another distraction from their work. They much preferred getting the pictures and messages from the app, versus constant access to diaper changes, etc. The teachers also preferred that record keeping could be done at a time convenient to them, rather than stressing that notes were being updated in exchange for child supervision.

Cons

When we first started, the android app had a lot of bugs. However this has been updated...so nothing now.

Great tool for observation

Reviewed on 2/9/2019

So far I have not able to utilize all the cool apps that comes with Kaymbu. I wish one day I will have time just to learn about this cool gadget

Pros

Love that iPad is provided with very good casing & protection, as a preschool teacher we bring the iPad everywhere so the durability is very important. Since it’s aApple it’s very user friendly.

Cons

Very expensive. As they said great product comes with a price. I’m not sure if parents can like it or react unless it’s redirected to the program user. Compared to class dojo the teacher can see who among the parents seen or liked the picture or post

Helpful for Documentation and Sharing

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

Customer service has been pretty great. When you have an issue, they're pretty quick to respond. They also take suggestions, however you might need to keep suggesting before you actually see it in a new feature... they do communicate very well though!

Pros

The unlimited cloud space for photos, sharing with families and colleagues. Growing features such as storyboards and portfolios. Openness to suggestions.

Cons

A bit bulky and takes time to get used to. Sometimes it takes awhile for bulk uploading (can handle only a number of photos at a time).

Program Administrator

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

Overall we are glad we have Kaymbu. It has eliminated using so much paper and we do not have the room to store paperwork. Our families also love the fact that they get pictures of their child during the day. We are able to do this without giving families the teachers personal contact information or having pictures out on social media.

Pros

That we are quickly able to send parents pictures and messages.

Cons

That parents aren’t able to quickly contact teachers or administrators through Kaymbu. We also wish attendance could be altered to fit our schools needs. Another thing is teacher evaluations...would like to see it altered to fit our school needs better. Kaymbu should also figure out a way for videos to play in portfolios.

Excellent Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

We love Kaymbu! It has been a great addition to our program.

Pros

We love that we can quickly and easily send photos, videos, and updates to our families!

Cons

Not quite what we like least but...would love it to have an attendance component where we can easily track children in the afternoon program. Would love to just have to click on child's photo to check them out for our own internal attendance, ​not the state-mandated​ sign in and out. (Take a look the​ at carpool kids app.)

Best tool to make learning visible

Reviewed on 2/23/2017

Kaymbu is the best thing that happened for our centre! It allows us to capture and share precious learning moments and make learning visible. As a director, I was worried about introducing a new technology but the teachers really embraced it and find it easy to use. We consistently receive positive feedback from parents and grandparents who appreciate seeing all the beautiful moments captured with kaymbu and shared daily.

Pros

Essential tool in the classroom to make learning visible

Cons

As with any technology, at times there might be glitches

Our parents love Kaymbu!

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

Learning how to use Kaymbu has been very easy. They offer great webinars for training our preschool staff. If we have any difficulty or have a question the Kaymbu staff is very quick to respond. They are most helpful!

Pros

Kaymbu is a very positive communication tool for the parents. They love the pictures, and these help them feel connected to their child on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes we have trouble connecting to Kaymbu. Often times it is a problem with our server.

Customer Service is Unrivaled

Reviewed on 6/4/2018

Pros

I love that this software affords me the ability to receive updates on my daughter throughout the day. Kaymbu is so user friendly, even when my child has a substitute teacher, updates and end of day progress are always tracked efficiently.

Cons

I do not have any cons to date. The only issue I have ever had with Kaymbu was a user issue. Clearly that cannot be held against the software.

Parents love it

Reviewed on 2/17/2017

Kaymbu offers just what I was looking for - a quick way to take photos, tag them with learning domains and students' names and share them with parents. I love that I can do my newsletter on a Storyboard and not have to download or copy photos from another program and make them fit. I can also do an end of the year Storyboard portfolio for each student and send as a pdf to parents to print out. Parents LOVE getting the digest each week and pass it on to their friends and relatives. I don't even have to remember to send it, Kaymbu does it for me!
We are starting to work with DailyNote and hope to replace a lot of paper and get information to parents more quickly. Love my Kaymbu!!!

Pros

Ease of use, daily digest, tags, goes to SMS in addition to email.

Cons

If I want to download a group of photos, it is very time intensive (we needed this for our yearbook).