Canva

4,7 (9 512)
Graphic design & video editing tool for web and print

(9 512)

Daniel K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best graphic design tool for amateurs

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

Canva has made my life easier with it's easy to use design features. All you need to do is just choose your desired template and build on it to create your design. It has also helped me to save a lot of cost since am able to design ads for my business on my own with having to pay a professional to do it for me.

Pros

Canva is so simple and easy to use unlike other graphic design tools. You have readily available templates that you can just tap on to help you create whatever design you desire. You don't need to be a professional in order to use canva as you have built in templates at your finger tips to help you unlike other design platforms where you have to start everything completely from scratch. We use canva at work to design fliers during events to create the awareness and I personally use canva to create ads for my affiliate marketing business as it is the simplest tool to bring to life my creativity.

Cons

I have very little issues with regards to canva as it is a very amazing tool for designing. However my little reservation is that you need to get the paid version if you want the very professional and advanced features. Other than that I think canva is absolutely superb.

Monique M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for Posters

Reviewed on 2021/12/24

So far my overall experience have been great and I continue to use it daily.

Pros

I like that it has a lot of templates available and I don't need to create my design from scratch, when I'm in a hurry.

Cons

Not able to change a pictures feature like how you would be able to in Photoshop, which gives a cleaner work presentation . Such as erasing backgrounds , removing and adding objects

Stephen P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Canva is Great for Social Media

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Bee B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Canva has changed my life!

Reviewed on 2022/01/14

Pros

It is super easy to use and the functionality is endless. It integrates smoothly with socials, the templates are amazing, it saves automatically and it makes your work look much more professional.

Cons

Canva has literally never disappointed me.

Samantha H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I love Canva to design my pitch deck

Reviewed on 2021/12/12

Great use for pitch deck preparation for sure, and way lot more easier than MS Powerpoint.

Pros

I started to use Canva for FB and IG template. They have a lot of selection of it. Then someone recommended me about the pitch deck template while I was struggling with MS Powerpoint.

Cons

I wish they would have more options integrating with video or audio tools.

Kalee K.

Amazingly helpful device for all that identified with fast graphical result for online media

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

My general involvement in Canva is excessively great. It is a one stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I want to make content for web-based media stages or my online journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never contemplate any elective choices of Canva.

Pros

What I like most with regards to Canva, particularly in the most current form, is the way that the application is natural. In the new form, all elements are isolated by tabs - or then again, in case the client likes, he can tap on a button and they all show up quickly. What I loved most with regards to this form is the likelihood to make recordings/activitys from pictures, other than having the option to make vivified stories for Instagram and even incorporate music! So, Canva remains my most prominent partner at work, because of its flexibility and capacity to incorporate new capacities, making work more deft and effective.

Cons

It's not really instinctive how work areas and organizers and coordinated effort works for groups. I some of the time get confounded assuming I'm chipping away at a plan that is in my own work area or then again in case it's something others see. The application adaptation is additionally somewhat extreme to work with.

Jorge M.

The best almost-free software for editing

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Being a clinic owner, self employed, I use Canva for social media/brand management. Content creation is super simple and a lot of times the templates are nearly ready to go (only some text editing/logo, etc). Creativity takes you far even when using 100% free content.

Pros

Social media management is made easy when you use canva. It allows you to create stylish designs using premium or free pictures/templates.

Cons

No cons are found. It would be amazing to have even more FREE content... but.... it's amazing!

They’ve obviously built with the user in mind

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

I can’t fault much with Canva, they’ve done an incredible job bringing a product like this to market for a reasonable price.

Pros

It’s so intuitive to use and collaborate with others. I can create templates that others can update easily without having to learn a whole new software or download anything. It’s revolutionary!

Cons

Not much really, it might not have all the advanced features that Photoshop does, but it seems like a lot of them were intentionally omitted and keeps the product intuitive.

Perfect for small businesses

Reviewed on 2021/11/26

Pros

Such an easy product that allows for quick creation, making designs easy. Highly recommend for anyone needing for social media and marketing materials.

Cons

The mobile app doesn’t have as much as the computer version. Also some of the nicer templates require payment.

Shinta S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Canva is so helpful for people who wants to design something without extensive design skill.

Reviewed on 2022/01/19

Pros

I can make literally anything, from a CV, report, presentation, to an Instagram story. Easy to use, can utilize many things in the free version.

Cons

Although the free version offers many templates, the best ones are not free. Sometimes hard to navigate through the page when zooming in and out, making the editing process much longer.

Sarah S.

I've been using Canva for 6 yrs. for a reason!

Reviewed on 2021/10/14

I've seen the evolution with Canva over time. Reading some of their own articles from what they conceived of their brand, I don't think they ever expected to grow the features to this extent. I haven't seen a program quite like it besides Crello, but Crello just seems like a buggy version of Canva.

I am looking forward to seeing Canva grow in its video editing/production game. Their options right now are limited. And although I use Wondershare Filmora for video, I would like to use Canva for shorter projects.

Pros

Even though I have the Adobe Suite, I use Canva more because of its ease of use. There's tons of templates to use, tons of vectors, images, video footage...the list goes on. I love that I can create my own templates and interchange elements easily. There are certainly things that Canva doesn't offer, which is when I go to Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator. But really, you can do more with Canva than what most people think: you can remove backgrounds, add a drop shadow, add an outline to your isolated image, add in neon text effects, add in animations to your graphics...okay, this list could get lengthy. You get the point, there's a reason why Canva is my go-to.

Cons

I mean, there's some limitations with Canva compared to the Adobe Suite, but I'm not expecting Canva to become the next Adobe. Their purposes are different and I appreciate them for the unique capacities they provide. Some limitations: the text effects are not going to be as customizable as what you can do with the styles feature in Photoshop. In general, you're not going to be able to customize to the extent that you can with the Adobe Suite.

I guess one of my only semi-big complaints is that the filters to edit photos are pretty limited. Compared to Fliker's old Picnik and the old Photoscape program, the photo editing options are minimal. I would like to see options added like image retouching: blemish removal, facial retouching with a softening feature, etc.

Also, there are times when the audio files they offer are included with your pro membership, yet, I get flagged on Youtube that my account is using something that is not royalty-free and that I cannot monetize that particular video. That's pretty frustrating and I'm not sure why that happens.

Jinshina E.

Simplest Graphics tool for unskilled users

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

Canva will do the work and that too cloud based, you can do your work from anywhere with any device and their phone integration also pretty impressive. I still use Canva for instant visuals. And Canva is my savior when it comes to my business proposals and presentations.

Pros

Canva is the first tool I tried when I was working in business development, I wasn't skilled in graphic designing at that point of time( Now I run a digital marketing firm)
So straight to the point canva is a straight forward, simple online graphics tool that offers a mountain load of templates and stock photos.
* It provides one month trial period that's a lot time if you compare Adobe spark or Poster My wall
*So you create business proposal/posters/social-media posts without any graphic design skill
* offers canva enterprise for bigger teams, canva team management also pretty easier.
* Upload and download interface is pretty easy and saves a lot of time
* they have added new features in terms of photo effects ( like BadTV, glitch, liquify etc)
* and notable customer support(email) they will sort your issues and help more customised integration- in my case I needed my regional fonts in Brandkit they have integrated it successfully.
* If you are in to Social media management role their content planner is pretty easy to use

Cons

*The one thing I felt as a designer is creatives are linear, you know when you design with adobe platform your creatives are smooth with accurate edging and toning.
*The photo adjustment tool can be more improvised

Creative Cloud Express

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Needed more design centric creatives , Canva designs are too easy to copy my clients demanded unique graphic designs.

PosterMyWall

Reasons for Switching to Canva

First it was offering trial period of one month, by that time I became pro at designing with canva.
Charity W.

User Friendly Design Software For Individuals And Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Canva is user-friendly and affordable. It has made creating designs easy and fast. Designing marketing materials for both our offline and online audiences now costs less and doesn't consume much time.
The pros for this product outweigh the cons, I would therefore recommend this software to anyone who isn’t an expert on graphic design and still needs to create appealing and professional-looking materials without spending too much time or money.
It is ideal for small businesses.

Pros

Canva is affordable and easy to use which makes it ideal for most of our marketing personnel who have little graphic design experience. We do a lot of brochures, flyers, create ads, and social media graphics for our properties. Creating content for the various social media platforms has never been easier.
It has thousands of high-quality templates to use in designs for almost any occasion which are easy to customize. It also allows one to upload their own images to use on the platform.
The platform supports various file formats which makes it easy to work with for the team.
It stores the designs for future use and we can download them into different devices to use elsewhere, for instance, post as a status or part of the catalog on the Whatsapp platform.
The availability of tutorials and designing courses makes it easy to use and learn new things.
The availability of a mobile version of the software is a huge plus. Creating designs while on the move is amazing. Our team doesn’t have to wait to get back to the office to create a poster or social media post for that amazing property that they want to take online immediately.

Cons

The software has limited photo editing functions and a lot of features like resizing images are locked in the premium version. It is also not flexible enough for an expert designer who wishes to create designs from scratch.
Whereas there are thousands of templates to use on the platform, a lot of designs lack uniqueness as popular designs are used by a lot of businesses.
They can do better on the customer service. The ease of reaching the support team and the response time to concerns raised should be looked into.

Dipannita M.

A Great Design Tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

My overall experience with canva is pretty much satisfactory. Not every design tool will give you the opportunity to work in the cloud with so many design options. Besides, it is quite easy to use and user-friendly. I would happily like to recommend it to others.

Pros

Canva is a great design tool. Even if you are a beginner level designer or don’t have much design skill, canva has everything to help you out. There are many templates which are ready to use and you just need to improve it by using your creativity. As I work for my clients as a social media manager, I need a lot of images to post on their social media pages. In that case, it would have been a tough job for me if I didn’t have canva. Now, I can make images of specific sizes to post on Facebook, Instagram or even on Twitter. Furthermore, it has a great dashboard which is so much easier to use. Moreover, canva has a great mobile application. On top of that, you can save your creation in the cloud and download it in your desired formats as well.

Cons

There are some rooms that can be improved further. They should improve their resource section. The photo library, elements, and other resources should be upgraded. Other than that, canva is a great tool for designers.

Melody kay C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Solid design tool that keeps on getting better!

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

We are able to VERY QUICKLY churn out designs for our organisation, which has saved a lot of time and effort. Canva is a MUST-USE tool for anyone involved in social media marketing or online communities!

Pros

Canva is so easy to use, and even easy to "teach" to other users in our organization. Because we are on a Canva Pro account, we're also able to easily store brand colors, logos, etc. The best feature though is the free access to thousands of free high-quality images, which saves us a lot of time.

It's so great that Canva listens to their users and keeps on getting better! They recently introduced a background remover, photo effects, and text effects - which are all just so useful! I'd honestly rather use Canva most times over other more complex tools.

I also personally raised a suggestion in a Canva users group for them to bunch fonts together depending on style, and they did it! What a great team!

Cons

It's not so intuitive how workspaces and folders and collaboration works for teams. I sometimes get confused if I'm working on a design that's in my personal workspace or if it's something others see.
The app version is also a bit tough to work with.

Bruno S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Canva - the new way of presentation

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

Canva has been and amazing experience, I use it both for professional and personal. Either I want to make a professional presentation or invite some friends to a event.

Pros

Canva is, in fact, a new and amazing way of making presentation. It is no longer necessary to use powerpoint and present in a old way. Besides that, if we want to create a facebook ad or send an invitation, just use Canva to create your templates- mainly for free!

Cons

The software still can improve, and that´s fine. The customer service should be easier to achieve and Canva should keep investing in free templates, to cauth new users!

Prezi

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Microsoft is old, it means old templates.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Prezi is also a dynamic way to make presentation, but more difficul and not intuitive. For that reason, canva is much better!
Ondrej Š.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Incredibly useful tool for everything related to quick graphical output for social media

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Canva feels like you took all the most used tools from Illustrator or CorelDraw, cut them down to basics, make them easy to use, combine it with some simple video editing features and add tons of templates and all the exporting options you could need. I create mainly content for social media and simple print flyers for our company and it does the job absolutely great. Of course you have to keep in mind that for more complex projects you should use more complex software, but for anything quick and simple this tool is ideal. When you use or get inspired by templates, it can make your graphical stuff look professional without much effort.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use when you need to do something quick and you don't want to use more complex tools like CorelDraw/Adobe products. It has tons of templates which you can use directly or can be used for inspiration for your own stuff. What I like the most that you have already recommended sizes of different posts for social and print media, which are predefined. You can quickly switch between different sizes and adjustments are super easy. I also like that I can work with video and decently animate pictures. All the tools which you would probably need for simple and medium complex projects not only for social media. Also, the smartphone app is really useful, for some minor operations when you are on the go.

Cons

As far as I know, there is nothing I could complain about. It has everything I need for quick creation. It is not usual that you can find a tool which really does everything you would expect.

Creative Cloud Express

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I also use Adobe Spark from time to time because I have it prepaid in my Adobe creative cloud subscription but Canva has more options, more templates and is easier to use. The overall feel is more user friendly and you can make more with Canva if you use it well.
Aymane H.

"best website to easy design"

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Canva is excessively acceptable. It is a one-stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I need to make content for online media stages or my web journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never consider any elective choices of Canva. We have been utilizing Canva generally for introductions, online media substance, and logo planning. Our transition to Canva has enormously diminished the expenses and time we spent on standard planning programming and recruiting specialists. In spite of the fact that Canva is an astounding application with regards to instant planning, there are as yet numerous restrictions that we feel will be dealt with later on. Other than video altering, introductions, and some other inaccessible choices, I wouldn't anticipate that you should have the option to deal with a plan, print, and advertising position either on the grounds that that is not what you do." to put it plainly, stick to what you know and leave the rest to experts. It will cost you less over the long haul. The membership cost is likewise little and sensible.

Pros

My experience on the Design portion of Canvas has consistently been excellent and I have been utilizing it for quite a while. Straightforward, fast, and simple to utilize tools.it s truly incredible, functional, pleasant plans, the excellent incentive for cash. amazing help, both regarding the plan and their print shop. I requested cards and shirts, both followed through on schedule. Taking a gander at different surveys, I additionally need to say that I never expected to call their after-deals administration, yet one of my clients was not content with the nature of the hello cards, and Canva offered them to her. re-imprinted on more excellent paper and she just needed to pay the distinction. I made a logo which I at that point printed as a business card and card I got all more than four days and of excellent quality, I prescribe it to any individual who needs to figure out how to construct their picture. Similarly, as with a game, the more hours you spend there, the more you will test.

To put it plainly, I suggest with shut eyes

Cons

I take a gander at the following information and they will not be here until MONDAY. It can get laggy and moderate when you're assembling your plan. M envisioning the site has a lot of segments to deal with, yet here and there the slacking is deplorable and wasteful. was utilizing the free preliminary and made an introduction. I invested a ton of energy and exertion on this introduction. A couple of hours in the wake of making alters to it, the application would show a clear screen or give a blunder at whatever point I attempted to open it, download it, or make a duplicate (both on my telephone and on the entirety of the gadgets and programs I attempted). I connected with client care about this matter on Sunday night. It is currently Wednesday evening and nothing has been finished. They continue to give me the very conventional messages that they're chipping away at it and will tell me when it's fixed. I inquired as to whether they could in any event give me a pdf duplicate of my introduction so I can move it to PowerPoint and keep dealing with it, they won't ever reach.

Isabela S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Canva, the most practical solution for creating and editing your designs

Reviewed on 2021/03/13

I have been using Canva for several years. As I said, it has always been a very important tool for the execution of my work, although I do not work directly with Graphic Design.

Over the years, I can say that my design skills have even been improved, because the application helps me to develop my creativity on a daily basis, either by changing the layout of a blog or even creating posts and stories for social networks.

So, despite having some limitations, I believe that Canva is still the best and most useful Design application.

Pros

What I like most about Canva, especially in the most current version, is the fact that the application is very intuitive.

In the new version, all features are separated by tabs - or, if the user prefers, he can click on a button and they all appear instantly.

What I liked most about this version is the possibility to create videos / animations from images, besides being able to create animated stories for Instagram and even include music!

In short, Canva remains my greatest ally at work, due to its versatility and ability to include new functions, making work more agile and efficient.

Cons

In contrast, what I like least about Canva is the fact that some of its features are still blocked (shapes and frames, for example), and you have to pay to unlock them. In the current version, all songs are still blocked.

Another point that I consider negative is the fact that the cell phone is very slow - I believe that this happens due to the large volume of functions. In addition, all created designs are saved in the application, even when they go to the Recycle Bin, contributing to the device being slow and some jobs are delayed.

To improve the performance of the application, I would recommend allowing at least some functions such as simpler shapes and borders (and even some music) to be included in the design for free.

Steve T.

If You're Thinking About Using Canva - Just Do It! It's Amazing!

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Im sure I could go on and on about Canva, heck, I even listed some more positive notes about Canva in the Cons section. But ultimately for me it comes down to the fact that I don't have to sacrifice any quality in my work or flexibility in my deliverables and exports when using Canva. Yet I gain so much time using it and when it comes to professional graphic design thats everything.

One project in particular I recently worked on was a series of short videos for ads for a client and the turnaround on those ads was crazy. If I had to make those videos in any other video editing software it would have taken 5 times as long and I probably wouldn't have met the deadlines. However because Canva has made everything so easy to use I was able to crank out videos so quickly and make edits so quickly without compromising quality. And that was HUGE.

Pros

I honestly have so many "pros" about Canva that I truly don't know where to start. I have been doing graphic design for 15 years now for all types of businesses and all sorts of projects from print to advertising and I typically use the Adobe software options but for the past 2 years Canva has covered just about 98% percent of what I've needed to do. Here are a few highlights that I love,

- The templates for sizing on different platforms such as Facebook headers has become indispensable for me
- The huge library of stock material that is SO quick and easy to access
- They are now including video options
- The content/templates/etc. is all very high quality and up to date
- They have awesome "moving photos" for social posts.
- The way you can resize a design for multiple export options is amazing. I often find myself wanting that in Adobe products.

I could keep going. The resizing feature alone was enough for me to use the pro version but everything about Canva is top notch and I always find new things they have added to the platform that make life for a designer so much easier. It is a go-to platform for me and my team.

Cons

I really don't have much negative to say about Canva. The only thing I can really say negatively about it is the file organization. I wish that was better, however, I may be doing it wrong and there may be a better way. Other than that I honestly have no criticisms about Canva. I mentioned in the "pro's" section that it covers 98% of my designing needs and that last 2% I honestly never expect a product such as Canva to cover because that last 2% for me is the more extreme in depth edits that Photoshop or Illustrator provide and honestly I am 100% okay with that. It does mean I need both platforms to fully do my job but its worth it because Canva has saved me so much time.

Lee A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The Best Online Graphic Design Platform

Reviewed on 2021/03/07

I really enjoy using Canva for creating marketing campaigns for my business, and I use it to create Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pictures and I also, use it to create video stories for social media using the templates in Canva.

After all, Canva is a very helpful tool especially if someone doesn't have Graphic Design experience like myself.
I hope they will keep doing a great job and add more features and templates to this Amazing platform.

Pros

I like it because it's very easy to use and It allows me to designs anything in my mind and it only takes a few seconds from start to finish especially with all the useful elements Canva provides.
I like the Image Library because I'm allowed to find whatever I'm looking for there with just a few clicks I'm able to find high-quality images.
I'm using it for creating marketing campaigns for my business and I really like all the social media templates especially for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest...etc.
I really enjoy video editing especially for Instagram stories and I don't need any super video editing knowledge because with Canva everything is easy and I can create cool videos using the templates they offer.
I also, like the Amazing fonts Canva has, and I can find any font I like because they have hundreds of them, and they all are modern fonts.
I like the commercial use agreement because I'm able to use all the elements and Images without any problem thanks to Canva for allowing millions of users and me to have the right to use everything with full commercial rights.
Canva is one of the best Graphic Design tools and I really like using it because It's an online platform and you don't need a high-performance computer to use it like other Software.
It's an all-in-one tool and it's very helpful especially for those who don't have any Graphic Design knowledge.
I like the new features they added recently for example like the curved font style and it's a very helpful option.

Cons

I hope they will give us more features in Canva android app.
I hope they can add some options like removing the background from Images, Convert Images, Stroke for fonts, Erase Tool, Pin Tool...etc.
I hope they can add a section where we can see the elements we have in the projects.
I hope they will add more templates especially for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) in the future.
But, after all, Canva Team is doing a great job, especially with the last updates.

Muhammad zubair S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts.

Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future.

Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros

Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally.

Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva:

- Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation.
- Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more.
- Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project.
- Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements
- The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects.
- I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros.
- Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress.
- Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images.
- For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment.
- Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons

- You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects.
- You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page.
- Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos.
- There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

Yvonne D.

An absolute lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

I have never had a bad experience with Canva. They are only improving their software every day. In fact, lately, it seems like they add new features monthly! I use Canva for social media graphics, ads, social videos, GIFs, and posters.

Pros

I'm a one-man show in many of my marketing projects for my clients and Canva has saved my life so many times! I've never been trained in photo or graphic editing software but Canva makes it easy to make high-quality graphics that are perfect for advertising, social media, and more.

In fact, I've even designed multi-page, high-quality PDFs for my clients that are perfect for print and production. This software has saved me thousands of dollars from designers and countless work hours.

They're also always making updates which are even better. They have included new services, effects, and styles to make your graphics look like they were designed by a professional.

Cons

I think it could offer a bit more word/text/background effects. It's not perfect. There are many things you can't do in Canva that require Procreate/Photoshop or another service. Otherwise, I love Canva!

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Cost and ease. Canva is so easy to use!
Dominique S.

Canva Pro is Great, Basic is Horrible

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

My overall experience with Canva is that it is excellent for anyone looking to create art--especially those who don't have artistic abilities. It is wonderful for marketing, advertising, and basic image editing. You can make things such as Christmas cards or any type of card for that matter. I have made wonderful social media content on Canva. In fact, social media content is one of my main reasons for using it. I have made beautiful graphics to design T-shirts to sell online. I mean, really, as long as you can think of something creative, you can do it.

Pros

I like Canva because I am not technical enough for Photoshop. I paid for a Photoshop subscription for an entire year and never figured it out. Canva on the other hand is affordable for the pro subscription and it's relatively easy to navigate for someone who's not a true artist or graphic designer. The templates are truly a huge help for me. I rely on them to edit them and make my own art based on the pre-offered templates, images, and fonts. I love making gorgeous Christmas cards on Canva. They have come out beautiful every year.

Cons

Without paying for Pro, you're really limited to what you can do. I've had a few issues when using basic when trying to save photos and them not being the correct size. In basic, you can't resize anything, which is ridiculous. To me, image resizing is one of the most basic things you can do with a photo. Also, anything you could possibly want is needed with a Pro account. One thing this software failed me for was resume templates. Although the template looked beautiful on Canva itself, it was not realistic when using it for an actual usable resume.

Rajesh C.

Shape Your Imagination with Easy Functionality

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

My overall experience with Canva is too good. It is an one stop solution for me. Whether I need to make content for social media platforms or my blogs, I always use Canva. Because of its simplicity, I would never think about any alternative options of Canva.

Pros

Simply put, Canva has changed my life, and career. Being a blogger, I need to design a lot for my content. Specially, when it comes to creating infographic, Canva is unbeatable. You can choose from tons of professional templates and easily shape your imagination. Whether you need to design a photo for facebook, twitter or blogpost, Canva has everything tp support you. Honestly, it made my life easier. I can easily access tons of resources from stock photos to mind-blowing icons, Canva has everything right in the place so that I don't need to struggle a bit. The download options are also pretty much handy. In a nutshell, if you don't have enough design skill, still you can do some great professional looking design when you have canva in your side.

Cons

I think there are still rooms for development. Canva should think about bringing more stock photos, videos, etc. They should also develop a well-organized internal filling system. Updating the tools to make our life easier would be a plus point as well. Besides, the photo retouching capabilities of Canva should also be improved. The photo adjustments control of Canva is not up to the mark yet. If they improve these few things, Canva will be truly invincible in the design tool industry.