Ease

4,4
4,6
4,6
Willie P.

EaseCentral is an incredible service and a tremendous value for the yearly investment

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

My clients and I use it and we like it. Here's a recent quote..."2018 is going well... We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

Pros

My clients and I love EaseCentral because it is easy to use. Here's a recent direct quote from a client:
"So far this year is going welll. We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy as the Director of Operation and HR Manager. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

EaseCentral has allowed me to win new business because they were so impressed with the new hire on-boarding capabilities and benefit enrollment & management functionality of the platform. Also, I like that I can teach my clients how to use it themselves and administer their own benefits in about 10-30 minutes of training. Bottom line is it's easy to learn and use.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like about EaseCentral is recently their Customer Success Support team must have just grown. When I called into EaseCentral in the past I would almost always get a person that I recognized and had worked with before. The last 2-3 times I've called in to ask a question of the support team, I feel that I got a new person and I honestly think I knew more about EaseCentral's features and capabilities than he/she did.

That's about it...everything else is really 2 thumbs up. That's my feedback and the feedback from my clients have been very positive too. Thanks,

Matthew C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Ease Greatest Tool for Brokers to have!!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Fantastic! The first minute that I heard about ease, I was all over it and wanted to see the product immediately. From that day 4+ years ago I haven't stopped using ease whatsoever- the truth is that ease has been a power-play tool for me in my multiple implementations. If I ever hit a wall and there is an issue, I love how ease is always there to fix and assist with the problem. I can not recommend ease enough- this has changed my productivity and ability to engage my clients and their employees.

Pros

I love the User experience of the software compared to other competitors in the marketplace. The overall system is wonderful, works like a charm, super easy to administer benefits. The software is always driving forward and enhancing their capabilities, so for my sake I can't choose just 1 thing about ease because everything works perfectly.

Cons

I would like more flexibility with the document generator for custom documents. The employees need some expansion on types of income/compensation that the employer can have as options. It would be nice to have the ability for Per Diem compensation, hourly plus salary pay types...more options

• Industry: Human Resources

Intuitive, easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Companies love Ease when I introduce it to them. It's simple, clean-looking, and cuts down on paperwork.

Pros

I like how intuitive the software is; everything is where I think it will be.

Cons

I don't like that I have to add certain history manually (for example, the previously-taken PTO in EaseHR).

Jillian U.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Ease Central has been a tremendous resource, housing employee and benefit information.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

I'm not sure the full scope of benefits purchased. We use it for employee data, employee benefits, elections, employer contributions, , paycheck deductions, hiring and terminations dates, wages, pay period, 5500 forms.

Pros

It is a one stop for activities with most of our employer groups. It is simple to use, easy to track tasks, and easy for employers and employees to use too. It is so nice to have eSignatures and to be able to download the apps with signatures when needed. It is a quick resource when info is needed on employees. I don't have to hunt through enrollment forms or wonder if it is accurate. It is accurate, current employee information for immediate needs. The employee cost is a great resource for employees and the website is an ongoing resource to come back to when needing documents, search tools, or when there is a qualifying event. It is awesome!

Cons

I don't have any cons about the software. Any unknown that I have come across has been quickly answered.

Lovett G.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reduce Admin time and cost for employer, employees and producers

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

tracking all client information
Census on demand
easy click for marketing with partners
as a broker / consultant it is of value to be able to access client information and to empower the employer HR to be able to access enrollment and plan information.

Pros

Easier Open Enrollment as well as ongoing enrollment as it shows enrollment status for each employee.
Employer and employees like 24/7/365 access to benefit information
Employer can track admin changes and employee access
Added Security - 2 step authorization process to login
Paperless
Compliance documents posted
Reports easily available - census, enrollment forms, by plan, employee, vendor, etc
Compensation statements convey true employer value
Carrier/Vendor partners automatically download eligibility so employer need only enter it into EASE system.... example Employee termination - HR enters date and reason; COBRA will automatically generate when the TPA picks up the data weekly (Sunday nights).

Cons

Wanted:
more carrier partners such as Delta and VSP to automatically download eligibility
waiver form completion - currently requires an extra step to download and check box before forwarding to carrier

Dede K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Broker with large and small clients on EaseCentral

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Able to offer Ben administration at no charge to all our clients as perk of doing business with us. We charge set up fees for micrclients only.

Pros

Able to manage all Ben administration needs and keep close eye on employee experience and provide our tailored employee decision support, ability to fix employee errors/changes and override quickly and easily

Cons

All systems demand set up time- this is no different, took my staff time to get through learning curve mostly self taught- need staff who can do this efficiently

Outstanding HR Platform

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Saves time with enrollment, onboarding. Quicker submission and approval time.

Pros

Ease of employee onboarding and administration. Generate reports easily. Rates and benefits are easily viewed and compared. I no longer have to conduct enrollment meetings in person. Forms are submitted complete and are processed quickly as a result.

Our agency wanted to get ahead of the others and implement an enrollment system. Ease fit the...

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. A lot of software promises a lot of bells and whistles but EaseCentral provided software that works.

Cons

We have no complaints. When we began working with them they were a start-up which provided challenges but the system worked well and paid off.

Roshan B.

It's a great product I use for on boarding.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I researched numerous alternatives to provide online benefits enrollment to my clients, and EaseCentral was the most flexible and provided the best value. This platform helps me with customer retention and my clients love it. It is easy to use and customer support is great! EaseCentral has added and improved features to improve the experience for the broker, client admins and employees. I

Cons

It has taken some time for Ease Central to add more features but they are trying hard to be as competitive as some of the other HR software platforms. While they have features such as an offer letter I would like to see employee applications on the system so the hiring process has a fluidity to it. Also needs to have Cobra administration on the platform.

Shannon U.

Broker Reveiw

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall, we are very pleased with EaseCentral. We are looking forward to the new updates mid-March

Pros

It is very easy to use for admins, employees and brokers.

Cons

It has some limitations with more specific benefits, eg; Universal Life

Cameron D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Overall wonderful platform. Customer service team is phenomenal!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Ease of information storage for clients.

Pros

Display- Visually the system is clean.
I also very much appreciate that information is NOT mandatory to get a group set up and allows for admin to come back and complete as information is gathered/finalized. Auto save is also a great feature and helps when things are hectic.

Cons

Can be a bit cumbersome and wonky when entering detailed specifics-- classes etc.
Some features are not yet built out to accommodate unique contribution strategies. No feature to allow for this data entry

Michaelanne B.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Ease Enrollment

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Pros

Ease is titled Ease because it should be an easy process for the employees to elect their benefits. This is the most efficient way to capture plan elections for your employees. I think most employees are inclined to fill out an application online versus a paper (filling out, scanning and emailing). Online makes a much more simple process. The customer service is very helpful and knowledgeable with any questions we may have.

Cons

We were happy before the upgrade and now even happier with the newest upgrade.

Cristina C.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

When I call the 800 number, I always receive prompt service.

Pros

Ease of on boarding groups and employees

Cons

Would like file connections with Kaiser and all major carriers

Juliane C.

Great system

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Over, our experience with Ease has been very positive and beneficial to our organization.

Pros

This system is generally easy to navigate, for both clients and employees to login and review their benefits and make changes to them.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to navigate if your group is not super straightforward.

• Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Streamlining and consolidating paperwork

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

This was a great solution for making our yearly health benefits enrollment paperless. It was easy to sign - allowing for a standard electronic signature as well a free-drawn signature. Before allowing you to continue with a selection, it has a feature of requiring the user to view all necessary related documents.

Pros

Simple and clean design user interface, with clear navigation and ability to pre-populate answers in selection dropdown. It has a great feature of allowing you to compare all choices side-by-side and of linking all related docs under each choice.

Cons

If you get partway through one of the pages, selections will not be saved if you get logged out or do not complete the page.

• Industry: Insurance

Ease is a fantastic product and very user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Our clients who have opted into the Ease program have been blown away. It saves so much time, paper and ink for them and it is a one-stop shop for housing all employee documents. I, myself, used Ease as a new hire. The process of enrolling in benefits, completing all of my new hire documents took just a few minutes and I was amazed how user-friendly and easy to understand Ease is. I would highly recommend Ease to all employers!

Pros

Using Ease has been a breeze to use. We offer the product to our clients as a value-add to them. It saves so much time and it is extremely easy to use.

Cons

It is difficult to sign documents when using a computer. The app is much easier when it comes to signatures.

Eric M.

Pleasant but can be frustrating

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

The ability to have applications generated extremely easily. Applications will typically have all of the necessary information.
It is easy to use once you have learned it.
It is constantly changing and they are constantly adding new information.
Saves a ton of time when working properly.

Cons

There is a lot of room for error. The program does not save everything like it is supposed to at all points.
Mapping errors have sometimes caused bigger issues with the company as a whole.
Not constantly reliable as certain information does not get mapped despite the website being set up for it.
Finding out why issues are happening can be extremely frustrating

Ian R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Ben Admin system that's easy to setup, fast to deploy and most importantly - it works

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

simplification of benefits administration, which continues to consume more and more time from people in the insurance industry.

Pros

After trying a wide variety of ben admin systems, my favorite aspects of EaseCentral are that it's easy to setup, user friendly for group administrators and employees to use, and it creates a centralized database with a record of all benefits decisions that are available 24/7 from anywhere. Our team can setup a client in a matter of hours even after QA testing. Anyone who's been through long setups with other systems knows the importance of being able to launch quickly. The EaseCentral system was designed and continues to evolve in ways that make almost any benefits program and contribution strategy a possibility to deploy.

Cons

Product updates and new capabilities happen so quickly that if you miss a couple weeks of updates, you can be really behind.

• Industry: Insurance

Ease is simple, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I use Ease as a broker partner and as an employee of a group - I have experienced the system for set up through enrollment on the admin side as well as on the employee side.

Pros

Simplicity of enrollment, for members (new hires and renewals).
Document storage for past enrollment and changes.
Quick set up, and easy to change rates and benefits if needed.

Cons

ACA reporting - this can be challenging and sometimes they are not able to fix mistakes that occur (such as newborn dependents don't show up until the month after their birth).
EDI capabilities with Core medical carriers (they are adding new carriers everyday for what they call Ease Connections, but no medical carriers yet).
Ability to class out products - you have to make a new plan for a different class, you can't use the same and just have class distinctions.

Rob D.
  • Industry: Insurance

There are better options out there.

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

The experience was fine at first. Learning curve. Software limitations to work around. The termination experience was really shady. It should be illegal to put 90 day termination clauses in contracts where all of their expense is on the setup (which takes all of 15 minutes). There is virtually zero cost to them once the system is up and running. Especially if you have been a client for years.
I would steer my friends elsewhere.

Pros

Ease helped us with multi state enrollment. It works well with tech savvy employer groups and simple one time enrollments.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to set the software up for year round use. It is fine to do an open enrollment, but getting the dates correct caused some frustration. It definitely has some limitations and their pricing model is a bit outdated. It does not count how many employees are currently in the system. It counts how many employees have ever been added to the system (even terminated employees).

The real 'gotcha' is when you leave. They have a 90 day termination clause. So, when you find a superior alternative (and you will) they will charge you for an additional 3 months 'because it is in the contract'. There is zero cost to them since nobody will be using the system. Buyer beware. Read every line of the contract and see if you can negotiate your way out of the 90 day termination.

Stephanie H.

Efficient Enrollments

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Enrollments are so much smoother, whether for a new hire, a renewing group or for a new group. It saves so much time not having to go over handwritten paper apps any more. More complete data is also available at my fingertips, easy to find and access. No more having to dig through the files to find a rate sheet, or manually calculate a family level premium.

Pros

I love how smooth the enrollment process is for the employee, the group admin, the brokerage, and the carrier. No more having to go back and forth with missing data, illegible handwriting, incorrect effective dates, etc. Plus, having the contributions, and benefit details right there for the employee, it makes their options and costs easy to see in order to make an informed decision.

Cons

The search function is a bit limited. When searching for an employee, it will only search within the selected status, ie "Active", so it can make searching a little more complex than it could be.

Christopher R.

The Importance of the Ease Platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

My group enrollments and renewals are streamlined with the Ease platform. In this day and age you can't ask for much more than that.

Pros

Having all of my group's vital information at my fingertips is what is most exciting. The Ease of employee enrollment is extremely exciting to me.

Cons

I wish there was a file feed option. This would allow all of the entered data to feed directly over to said carrier.

Melissa P.
  • Industry: Insurance

EaseCentral makes eligibility management a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Saves me time processing eligibility and managing open enrollment

Pros

No more paper, no applications slipping through the cracks, and I no longer have to decipher untidy handwriting. Open enrollment is so smooth and much more organized.

Cons

I'd like to see more integration with major carriers so we can send enrollments/terminations/changes directly to the carriers through EaseCentral.

Staci W.

Enrollment made easy!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

My experience overall Ease has been fantastic! I have been using it for many years and each year they upgrade it to make it even better.

Pros

This software provides all the data you need to quickly look up rates, contributions, etc.

Cons

Rates with the GA's have different titles within Ease rates. It would be easier if they were all uniform. Some have infertility listed in the rate and some do not.

Ubaldo R.

Fast and easy !

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

This software allows our clients to submit changes directly to us with no miscommunication that may occur with other manual processes.

Pros

Once you get to know the software, it works great.

Cons

I would like to see the enrollment side look more like a Shopping Cart style , Amazon style. This would help our non-english speaking employees.