EaseCentral Reviews

EaseCentral

Benefits & HR administration for employers & brokers

4.6/5 (67 reviews)
Willie P.

EaseCentral is an incredible service and a tremendous value for the yearly investment

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

My clients and I use it and we like it. Here's a recent quote..."2018 is going well... We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

Pros

My clients and I love EaseCentral because it is easy to use. Here's a recent direct quote from a client:
"So far this year is going welll. We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy as the Director of Operation and HR Manager. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

EaseCentral has allowed me to win new business because they were so impressed with the new hire on-boarding capabilities and benefit enrollment & management functionality of the platform. Also, I like that I can teach my clients how to use it themselves and administer their own benefits in about 10-30 minutes of training. Bottom line is it's easy to learn and use.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like about EaseCentral is recently their Customer Success Support team must have just grown. When I called into EaseCentral in the past I would almost always get a person that I recognized and had worked with before. The last 2-3 times I've called in to ask a question of the support team, I feel that I got a new person and I honestly think I knew more about EaseCentral's features and capabilities than he/she did.

That's about it...everything else is really 2 thumbs up. That's my feedback and the feedback from my clients have been very positive too. Thanks,

Nadia C.

The name say's it all

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

When we selected EASE we were looking for a platform that would be simple to implement and would reduce administrative work time for our account management staff. We have found EASE can accomplish those tasks well. While we did need to designate time for implementation and training for our staff as well as our clients, we found that time spent on ongoing service work reduced.

Pros

The Ease of implementation and carrier connections.

Cons

The lack of options in the H.S.A. contribution build and the cap on broker users.

Nolan W.

After trying many systems... Ease Central comes out on top

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

The main benefit our agency has received from this product is the ability to streamline the enrollment experience for our clients. On of our top goals, as it relates to interacting with our clients and prospects, is to teach. We want people to deepen their understanding of healthcare, and their benefits options. Ease Central has helped us further our mission.

Pros

Our agency has committed to using Ease Central as our default system. Though we use others from time to time, Ease Central continues to be the most user friendly choice we're aware of - For employees, company admin, and brokers like us. The reality is - Benefits administration can be complex... Having said that, Ease makes it as simple as our agency has seen.

Cons

There are a few small features that we've requested, and that the Ease Central team is working on. Our first BIG feature request has been implemented - COBRA automation through our preferred COBRA vendor... Outside of that, we'd love to see the system auto-generate term forms for employees who are no longer with the employer or eligible for benefits.

Melissa P.

Ease is the best online enrollment platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Ease makes my job so much easier. I am a full service agent, so having a tool like Ease to manage enrollments, terminations, open enrollment, etc. is invaluable. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Pros

Ease is super easy to use and navigate. It is very intuitive, which makes it easy for me to "sell" it to my clients, even the ones who are not tech savvy. My clients and their employees love it, and it makes my job so much easier.

Cons

I've been using Ease for over 5 years and it just keeps getting better. However, I'm not a fan of the newest update to Manage Changes, but that's just me. Overall, I would say the main thing that would make Ease even better would be for all the major carriers to be connected to Ease so I could send automatic feeds instead of having to either email enrollments/terminations or process them on the individual carrier websites.

Ian R.

Ben Admin system that's easy to setup, fast to deploy and most importantly - it works

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

simplification of benefits administration, which continues to consume more and more time from people in the insurance industry.

Pros

After trying a wide variety of ben admin systems, my favorite aspects of EaseCentral are that it's easy to setup, user friendly for group administrators and employees to use, and it creates a centralized database with a record of all benefits decisions that are available 24/7 from anywhere. Our team can setup a client in a matter of hours even after QA testing. Anyone who's been through long setups with other systems knows the importance of being able to launch quickly. The EaseCentral system was designed and continues to evolve in ways that make almost any benefits program and contribution strategy a possibility to deploy.

Cons

Product updates and new capabilities happen so quickly that if you miss a couple weeks of updates, you can be really behind.

Andrea M.

Easy to use, responsive support team, excellent service & training options, very secure.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

LOVE that EaseCentral provides brokers with a single source, easy-to-use system that integrates onboarding, employee benefits, payroll and many additional HR and compliance features to support and bring value to our small business clients. Complex (multiple eligibilities, classes, locations, ...) and customized benefit options are made simple for the employee - allowing them to compare benefit plans, enroll and access their benefit information 24/7. EaseCentral has been an invaluable tool and has allowed us to grow our business and better serve our clients.

Cons

Brokers and Admin are not copied on emails they send out from the EaseCentral site.
Unable to search all Employer Groups by an employee's name.

Jillian U.

Ease Central has been a tremendous resource, housing employee and benefit information.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

I'm not sure the full scope of benefits purchased. We use it for employee data, employee benefits, elections, employer contributions, , paycheck deductions, hiring and terminations dates, wages, pay period, 5500 forms.

Pros

It is a one stop for activities with most of our employer groups. It is simple to use, easy to track tasks, and easy for employers and employees to use too. It is so nice to have eSignatures and to be able to download the apps with signatures when needed. It is a quick resource when info is needed on employees. I don't have to hunt through enrollment forms or wonder if it is accurate. It is accurate, current employee information for immediate needs. The employee cost is a great resource for employees and the website is an ongoing resource to come back to when needing documents, search tools, or when there is a qualifying event. It is awesome!

Cons

I don't have any cons about the software. Any unknown that I have come across has been quickly answered.

Stephanie H.

Efficient Enrollments

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Enrollments are so much smoother, whether for a new hire, a renewing group or for a new group. It saves so much time not having to go over handwritten paper apps any more. More complete data is also available at my fingertips, easy to find and access. No more having to dig through the files to find a rate sheet, or manually calculate a family level premium.

Pros

I love how smooth the enrollment process is for the employee, the group admin, the brokerage, and the carrier. No more having to go back and forth with missing data, illegible handwriting, incorrect effective dates, etc. Plus, having the contributions, and benefit details right there for the employee, it makes their options and costs easy to see in order to make an informed decision.

Cons

The search function is a bit limited. When searching for an employee, it will only search within the selected status, ie "Active", so it can make searching a little more complex than it could be.

Dede K.

Broker with large and small clients on EaseCentral

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Able to offer Ben administration at no charge to all our clients as perk of doing business with us. We charge set up fees for micrclients only.

Pros

Able to manage all Ben administration needs and keep close eye on employee experience and provide our tailored employee decision support, ability to fix employee errors/changes and override quickly and easily

Cons

All systems demand set up time- this is no different, took my staff time to get through learning curve mostly self taught- need staff who can do this efficiently

Lovett G.

Reduce Admin time and cost for employer, employees and producers

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

tracking all client information
Census on demand
easy click for marketing with partners
as a broker / consultant it is of value to be able to access client information and to empower the employer HR to be able to access enrollment and plan information.

Pros

Easier Open Enrollment as well as ongoing enrollment as it shows enrollment status for each employee.
Employer and employees like 24/7/365 access to benefit information
Employer can track admin changes and employee access
Added Security - 2 step authorization process to login
Paperless
Compliance documents posted
Reports easily available - census, enrollment forms, by plan, employee, vendor, etc
Compensation statements convey true employer value
Carrier/Vendor partners automatically download eligibility so employer need only enter it into EASE system.... example Employee termination - HR enters date and reason; COBRA will automatically generate when the TPA picks up the data weekly (Sunday nights).

Cons

Wanted:
more carrier partners such as Delta and VSP to automatically download eligibility
waiver form completion - currently requires an extra step to download and check box before forwarding to carrier

Stacey H.

Easy to Use and Implement

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

The ability to give clients a portal in which employees can enroll in benefits without the hassle of paper forms.

Pros

The ease of use, the fact that we have complete control over the site set up and do not have to rely on the team at EaseCentral to set up sites on our behalf

Cons

Waiting patiently for file feeds to the carriers to be set up. The only piece of EaseCentral that is lacking is the inability to actually send enrollments to the carriers. But I know they are working on it.

EaseCentral makes life so much easier as a broker!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Accurate forms and data collection. Easy Payroll deduction information to use. Great client customization.

Pros

Gathering completed forms with no more missing information or data from employers and employees. I like the central access point to manage new group enrollments as well as open enrollment changes.

Cons

It would be nice to receive specific notifications when a particular employee has made a change or completed their enrollment, etc. Other than that the system is great.

With a Little Work, It Becomes Easier

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

I like the reporting function, the email ability and the customer service when their are issues or questions. Also, the more you are in the system, the more the system becomes user friendly. I am sure that is with all things, but EaseCentral has updates that appear periodically that really help you do your day to day. So I would say that is definitely a pro, that they are listening when we report issues or pain points.

Cons

It is a little clunky - there isn't a lot you can customize, and when there is an issue you have to call for help. Would like more self serve help features.

Robust System and growing

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Great business, good support. Always delivering new features and perks.

Pros

I really appreciate the level of thought and innovation this company invests. They continue to solve industry issues and allow brokers to benefit from the efficiency.

Cons

There is great limitations on the retirement plan setup functions.

Hoy K.

If time is money, then you'll save a lot of money

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

No need to hire additional staff to manage growing book of business. Ease allows our team members to process enrollments in a fraction of the time versus paper method.

Pros

Online enrollment platform is simple, clean, and mobile friendly. Support and development is broker centric. Constant improvements and upgraded without losing it's core functionality.

Cons

Does not have the CRM and AMS capabilities I wish it had.

Staci W.

Enrollment made easy!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

My experience overall Ease has been fantastic! I have been using it for many years and each year they upgrade it to make it even better.

Pros

This software provides all the data you need to quickly look up rates, contributions, etc.

Cons

Rates with the GA's have different titles within Ease rates. It would be easier if they were all uniform. Some have infertility listed in the rate and some do not.

Melissa P.

EaseCentral makes eligibility management a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Saves me time processing eligibility and managing open enrollment

Pros

No more paper, no applications slipping through the cracks, and I no longer have to decipher untidy handwriting. Open enrollment is so smooth and much more organized.

Cons

I'd like to see more integration with major carriers so we can send enrollments/terminations/changes directly to the carriers through EaseCentral.

Denny R.

Changed the way I manage my clients.

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Lots of pros but what sticks out most is:
1) The seamless integration of data onto enrollment forms. No more back and forth with employees correcting/completing paperwork. Such a time saver.
2) Straightforward online portal to ease enrollment for employees and access for employers/admin and us as brokers. Everything is right there.

Cons

Nothing really. Any processes that could've been simplified have already been implemented... sometimes before I even realize that there was an easier way.

Cari L.

Very useful enrollment tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Customer retention. Less back-and-forth with clients (due to complete forms).

Pros

Ease of use by our brokerage and also our client's HR managers and employees. It allows client's employees to enroll even if they are remote, and forms are complete. I like the customization features. Most of the time, your help desk is knowledgeable and responsive.

Cons

Learning curve for our client's HR. Not all forms populate correctly (although I understand this is difficult to remedy). The build-out of the portal can be tricky.

Angie M.

Super easy to work with and easy to use website.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Ease of enrollment for our clients, ability to print carrier forms and rates for payroll.

Pros

Ease of use. It takes little time to set up and if I need help, the customer supposed team is top notch!

Cons

I think I like least is how the rates and plans are designed. It's very hard to find the medical plan rates you need and often the medical benefits has errors.

Outstanding HR Platform

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Saves time with enrollment, onboarding. Quicker submission and approval time.

Pros

Ease of employee onboarding and administration. Generate reports easily. Rates and benefits are easily viewed and compared. I no longer have to conduct enrollment meetings in person. Forms are submitted complete and are processed quickly as a result.

Jodi K.

Ease of use, sleek design, great customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Convenience, ACA Reporting, Access to deduction reports, one convenient spot to access all enrollment forms.

Pros

One place to include all benefits and applicable information that is easy for employees to see. Navigating through an Open Enrollment process using EaseCentral has been a breeze for the majority of our clients.

Cons

I wish the system had more options for auto-feed on plan info, rates, etc. Sometimes the hold time for customer service can be a little bit long, but it's generally very quick!

Easecentral is aptly named! Easy to use, and was the center of my daily activities!

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

All employee and benefits information was easily stored in one, highly organized, place.

Pros

Auto populating forms, electeonic signatures, and AMAZING customer service made this program a life saver in my day to day.

Cons

Sometimes the really neat little features can be hard to find, and the FAQ and help videos are more general. Also, sometimes it can take a while for a help ticket to be responded to, but that was usually only during 4th quarter when they're likely inundated with requests.

Our agency wanted to get ahead of the others and implement an enrollment system. Ease fit the bill.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. A lot of software promises a lot of bells and whistles but EaseCentral provided software that works.

Cons

We have no complaints. When we began working with them they were a start-up which provided challenges but the system worked well and paid off.

Katie G.

Very positive, been using EaseCentral for 3+ years

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

allows us to increase enrollment, communication to member and attract new clients

Pros

Constantly improving system and adding new features. The customer service staff is always friendly and responsive

Cons

The add on such as HR support center and EDI integrations are harder to get answers.