Neto

All-in-one ecommerce, POS, inventory & fulfillment platform.

4,2
3,9
Aaron J.
Company size: Self Employed

Great product and friendly customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/04

When I decided to launch my online business it was a bit nerv racking and overwhelming. Not knowing where to start or what I needed I continually read article reviews and got advice from family and friends. I decided on Neto as they were an Australian company with local support.

On starting up the trial, you realise just how many features you have at your fingertips. It was a bit of a slow start but after reading through the help docs and watching a couple of introductory videos, I had a reasonable idea of what I needed to get started. The step-by-step guides were my saviour and if I did get stuck at any point, I called through to support who were willing to help out. My setup was going to be basic and I was mainly interested in trading on eBay at first. I found the eBay team knowledgeable and they helped me setup my shipping and payment methods too. On top of this, I got a free eBay store for 6 months, so this definitely helped.

I have read other reviews where people are advising that the system is hard to use and I can see how people can be a bit overawed by the options they have. What I'd recommend, is decide on what features you need to get started, get a plan in place and stick to it. Once you understand the basics of the product and shipping setup, you will have a trading store quicker than you think. As with any business, you need to put in the time and learn the platform. Once you do, you can dive into the advanced features like accounting integration, marketing campaigns and advanced shipping integration. My next step will be to use their new Inventory module to manage all of my purchase orders and stock control.

Overall, while this platform isn't as simple as some of your more basic options, it will do everything you need and provide you with many more options as you grow. Take the time, learn the product and you'll be happy you did. Best of luck.

Pros

The amount of features. The eBay integration saves on time and management. Their are numerous payment options to choose and the accounting integrations are seamless.

Cons

Can take some time to get your head around the platform. You will need to put in the effort to learn it.

Steve L.
Industry: Retail

Sophisticated features, knowledgeable and available support

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

First off, I absolutely love your software; the integration of sophisticated and multi-tiered functionality, all configurable, is a testimony to the overarching design philosophy, architecture and subsequent coding implementation. Damn fine team of solution designers and engineers in my humble opinion.

To implement this you have an absolutely superb support team. I was always treated kindly and with respect (regardless of my stress level), and furthermore the support staff know their stuff. If someone didnt, then my issue was always redirected to someone who did. No black holes in your organisation, well done.

Neto was the fourth eCommerce solution I trialed. The Raw Deal Natural Foods has Vend integration and there is NO solution out there that integrates with Vend customers (including the woo commerce universe). All in all I spent over four months messing about with other solutions until I discovered Neto. For me nothing else came even a close second.

Pros

Fully featured and ALL configurable through the back end.
Excellent pick, pack and shipping vendor integration.
Access to source via FTP.
Support teams responsive and knowledgeable.
Solid Vend customer and inventory integration.
Good value.

Cons

Many of the implementation issues I faced (mostly through my lack of understanding) could have been addressed if the support documentation was more detailed.
Documentation is OK on the 'how to' do basic things but has little depth based on outcomes you are trying to achieve.
I could have saved much of my time AND support staff time if I could find the appropriate documentation. Many (most) new customers will have had the same sort of questions/issues.
Flow charts for pick/pack/ship options would be useful.

Charles J.

Amazing service

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We have been with NETO for around five years now. Initially their service was average and their site struggled with speed issues.
They now have a site packed full of great features and a huge partner network. Their customer service is second to none. As soon as we put a support ticket in, we receive a detail response, often within the hour and almost always the same day.
They continue to expand their site offerings and have started to engage further with us (their clients) on how we'd like to see their platform develop.
We recommend them highly.

Pros

Heaps of features. One service provider instead of dozens.

Cons

Most of the major issues we had with the software were resolved quite some time ago. There are features being developed that we are looking forward to but the major bugs that used to piss us off are now gone.

Elliot W.
Industry: Cosmetics

A Great Business Partner

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall positive. Our set up now is much more streamlined that what was previously in place. We communicate better with our customer base, present better and the online component of our business has seen an increase of 15% in the first 6 months YOY.

Pros

As an introduction ecommerce platform, it was a much needed step up from existing infrastructure and has not only improved the online face of the brand and company, but also the functionality in the process automation. When something fits your business requirements, its easy to speak highly of it.

Cons

The introduction to the product requirements was a shock at first but the constant support calls and gaining a greater understanding of the requirements (and why). We had some limitations on designs quoted on post launch, which I understand were sent out to recommended service providers, but they seemed very expensive. Not sure if resulting from the external agent or them needing to work with Neto's code, but we didn't go ahead with that particular project.

Virginia K.
Industry: Wholesale

NETO has been quick with replies and the every increasing features means we are able to grow

Reviewed on 2017/05/29

All our sales channels are through the one system now and helps with ability to know stock levels and have best reportable information.

Pros

Australian based, has omnichannel that is seamless and add-ons integrate very easily. Neto is quick to respond to my many inquiries and the software is surprising simple to use. We have changed to do ALL sales via this - phone sale, shop sales, trade show sales & of course internet sales

Cons

There is no next button - i.e. if updating customer information or item information you can not click on "next" you have to go out and re-select - BIG MINUS but it and the inability to easily change invoice and POS receipts (like in a WYSIWYG format) is the only negative

Jordan L.
Industry: Textiles

Neto so far has been fine. I think for an eCommerce platform it works fine.

Reviewed on 2017/05/21

More client growth, the easy of becoming a customer and approving them is due to the software.

Pros

The functionality of the platform works well, it's easy to update and maintain everything. It never seems to crash, which is important to my clients.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility in regards to changing things for each customer i.e. since I'm a wholesaler, a product or service I may offer to one client may not be one I want to offer to another so it would be good if you can disable features for your client based on what you give them access to.

Graeme F.

Neto Shopping Cart

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Shopping cart works well and integrates well with Payment option and shipping options.

Pros

Works well on front end but over complicated on the back end for small business like ourselves.

Cons

With us changing prices and Price/size filters on products that have multiple sizes. Products that have a name change but the Product Variation DO NOT change.

Kerrie R.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Helped us grow our online presence - from basics to utilising more complex features as we expanded

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Increased sales, ease of use,

Pros

Ease of use, ability to utilise further functions as needed, local company with local support ie. AUSTRALIAN with the same capability as US based platforms.

Cons

We sell alot of product overseas in particular the US and the software doesn't have Foreign Exchange capability.... YET!

Shauna W.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and professional look

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

I have been with Neto for over a year and my experience has been really good. No issues. If I need help with something a friendly consultant from Neto is always at hand, always polite, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Ease of use! It's easy to use and you get a great result

Cons

N/A I really like the software, I haven't had any issues at all

Grant R.

Great product from a great team.

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

Total package, hosting plus software.
The system has so much potential for a growing business. The inventory side is really robust and the seo gets great results with very little effort.

Cons

Needs some android phone apps so I can maintain my store on the go and the ability to pick orders via mobile would be great but not as a monthly addon.

David S.

Very good, touch expensive

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

Support - excellent!

Cons

Some changes are very hard to make, ie, email templates. Needs coding, should all be WYSISWYG. Global changes also very hard, wanted to make site wide change to font, impossible to do without support.

Nessa L.
Industry: Cosmetics

Neto Best Value Platform for Small Business

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

Me and my mum have found Neto so easy to use, it offers the best overall channel integration, Australian carriers and lots of included business tools available. Our current store www.ponytailshop.com.au shows you can build a site with custom fonts, clean lines, and parallax on this platform which is what we really wanted.

Pros

Channel integration
Australian Carriers

Ann C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Completely Changed Their Pricing Structure

Reviewed on 2019/03/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's been one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever had with a company. However, it their recent move that has me looking elsewhere as they accessed my system and ran reports to look at my revenue without my permission and then jacked up my costs by over 35% percent. Do your research on this company before giving them a dollar. At the present time there is a mass exodus away from Neto by unhappy customers.

Pros

Australian Business (in Australian $$)
Ease of Use and Functions

Cons

Customer Support is horrible
Recent changes to their pricing plan and the move to charging in US $$$

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Anthony S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Consistent and powerful eCommerce platform. Easy to use if you don't need to customise code.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/03

My confidence in good, fast and reliable support was restored

Pros

The backup support offered by Neto is the best I have ever come across when dealing on behalf of my clients.

Cons

As a developer, I'd like to have easier access to the code. However, I accept this does make it easier for those not requiring much customisation to the templates.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rod W.
Industry: Automotive

Sadly not a patch on what they used to be

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Fantastic initially, but now in 2019, there are no redeeming features and no goodwill on my part. You cannot trust these guys as a major partner in your business affairs. My advise is to look at alternate systems with more responsive development teams and a customer service focus.

Pros

While the business model is great, they have become immersed in a bugridden mire that they seem to be unable to dig themselves out of. One recent system error meant that parcels were shipped by many, many ecommerce stores to Aaron's Pass, a tiny town with a population of about 20. Despite one round of bug fixes, the problem is still occurring.

Cons

Their continual decline in service levels since Telstra took a 51% shareholding.
A massive increase in fees and a move to US dollar billling to Australian companies, so poorly handled, there have been numerous complaints to the ACCC and the small business ombudsmen
The bug they have not even looked at for me that means my courier pickups are not booked correctly so the driver never arrives. The lack of clarity about their new billing and shifting goal posts with 3 different prices quoted in as many days.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ray M.
Industry: Sporting Goods

RAM Cycle Parts Neto Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

The main benefit is being able to control everything from the one dashboard. There are still things that you will need to go into ebay to control but the day to day stuff is pretty much all done on Neto.

Pros

Easy to list items on my web site and send them straight to ebay. Very good for someone with lots of ebay listings as templates and rules can be set up which saves a lot of time when making changes.

Cons

The initial data load from ebay into Neto was not as smooth as I would have liked. There was a lot of clean up and changes to make before going live and allowing updates to go back to ebay. It didn't phase me too much as I used to do a lot of software testing and setting up in my previous job roles but it could be an issue for the uninitiated.

Andrew M.
Industry: Retail

Overall the experience is great, there are a lot feautes we don't use, or not to it's full potential

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

A stunning looking Website that was ease to design and implement, that features a functioning and safe shopping cart.

Pros

Ease of use, simple layout. For the most part it is straight forward to use. The ability to customise the home screen with the widgets you ost commonly use is a nice touch.

Cons

appears to be a lot of redundancy when adding products. moving through the back area sale aspect seems to confuse some people

Wayne S.

The best system for growing our business over 30% each year

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Business growth, year in, year out. Peace of mind that someone is behind the scenes keeping my storefront open for me with no worries.

Pros

The ability to automate processes and integrate with sales channels. Awesome SEO capabilities. Great support from a growing keen knowledgeable team.

Cons

The lack of email marketing integrations (yet). The lack of 3rd party integrations for other types of digital marketing.

Kerri W.
Industry: Furniture

Amazing Platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Customisations for Freight Quote shipping ;
Customisations for Purchase Order template

Pros

-Easy to use
-Customizations available for your desired Theme
-Can be easily linked to third-party apps like eBay, Quickbooks, newsletters and chats
-Flexible payment methods available
-Easy customizations of invoices and email templates
-Prompt support assistance

Cons

-Pricing packages (hoping this could go lower)
-Removal of Chat support in the Dashboard

Ryan G.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great Platform, Alot more than just ecommerce

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Its more of an ERP system than an ecommerce solution. We run our whole business on this (with xero as well) and find it great. We are a larger sized business and it handles it fine.

Pros

Its funcionality and how much it does. We tried to avoid having too many add ons so we chose neto which has a huge range of funcionility

Cons

Its xero integration needs to show invoices reconciled in the xero back rec as paid in neto.

Gavin P.
Industry: Automotive

Frustrating and Frustrating plus Click-athon

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Frustrating.

Pros

Neto does operate at a very comfortable level for Ebay and online sales. However, that is where the positive points end.

Cons

Integration with accounting software (Xero)is atrocious and outright unacceptable, no help from support with missing invoices into Xero.
A very lengthy and frustrating process containing unnecessary clicks to process a straight forward over the counter sale.
Search function for parts is frustrating, as what shows up is not the closest match first. You end up scrolling through pages of info in an attempt to find an item that shows up first in other software packages.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Teresa M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Fantastic software with wonderful local support that is always at hand.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/07/21

I simply have the confidence that our website meets the needs of our customers and if there is anything we should incorporate to make the customer experience better the team at NETO will help us make those changes.

Pros

We love the functionality and possibilities the software offers. Being able to track sales, access a wide range of reports and incorporate marketing strategies through the software is crucial to the growth of our business.

Cons

I really can't express anything that I don't like about the software, as a novice in the IT space I find the software relatively user friendly and even if I am stuck on something the answers are just a phone call away... Brilliant service!

Harry C.
Industry: Building Materials

Robust and relative to Australian eCommerce

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Shipping costs, customer ease of use, rewards

Pros

Functionality, features, addons, Australia based

Cons

Lacking some (not many) customization features in control panel settings and themes

Steven Y.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

Great support. Features and functionality can be tricky at times, unless software is your field.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

It is Australian and support is given by people proficient in English. Software is great and fast... Shouldn't present many problems at all if you are good with this stuff.

Cons

As I'm inexperienced with software, it's tricky as a user trying to make my own website. I changed to Neto to be able to do all of this myself, but laymen's like me will struggle. I find it hard to recommend Neto to people who are worse than me, although I really want to so we can support an Australian company

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Raymond E.

A valuable tool for Large and Small business. Helpful support line.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

At a low level can be simple to setup in terms of adding products and customising web design.
the support documentation and staff are also a vital asset.
It also has capability for custom development and expanding to create exactly what you want.

Cons

More time has to be spent designing the backend User interface.
The current style struggles to display large amounts of data without it being confusing or hard to follow. ie multiple lines for customer data.